PDA

View Full Version : celtic to win the treble?

superbear1873
10-09-2010, 16:10
another one for the dressing room wall??

New Bhoy Anthony Stokes insists Celtic can claim domestic clean sweep after European exit
Sep 10 2010 Keith Jackson

ANTHONY Stokes last night insisted he can help fire Celtic to a domestic clean sweep.

The life-long Parkhead fan is counting down the hours to his dream debut against Hearts tomorrow - almost two weeks after sealing his 1.2 million move from Hibs.

But even before he kicks his first ball for the club the ambitious Irishman is convinced he has signed up for a first season treble with Neil Lennon's side.

He said: "Celtic mean a lot to me because I have supported them all my life - but I want to do it for myself and for the manager.

"Yes, it's brilliant to come here as a supporter but I want to win as much as I can with them because - with the squad we have, we can win EVERYTHING this year.

"People might think that's asking too much too soon from a new team but I don't agree. We have to try to win the lot - it's as simple as that.

"We can't just say we'd be happy with the league because if we win the league why shouldn't we go on and win the cups? "It's going to be tough but we have a big squad and a lot of very good players so, in my opinion, we should go out to try to win everything.

"I don't think the Treble is too far fetched. The team has won the first three games. There are so many new players here the team is only going to get better as we go on.

"The results have not reflected how dominant Celtic have been. Even the 1-0 win over Motherwell could have been four or five.

"But five games down the line we're going to be even better."

Stokes became Lennon's 11th summer signing when he clinched his deadline day move.

And the 22-year-old insists he is mentally strong enough to cope with the pressure of delivering on his promises.

He added: "Last season at Hibs after six months I thought we could have a right go and be there or thereabouts at the end.

"But Hibs are not at that highest level yet. When we fell away towards the end of the season, people kind of expected that.

"Here, lose one match and people are down on you like a ton of bricks. But with the players we have, and the money we've spent
ng room wall?

G8
10-09-2010, 16:12
"I don't think the Treble is too far fetched. The team has won the first three games."

Stupid thick Mick.

:D

Manticore
10-09-2010, 16:13
They never know when to shut up.

We'll just do our talking on the pitch.

Aunty Christ
10-09-2010, 16:14
Lennon is still undefeated (if you don't count the games he has lost)

bean
10-09-2010, 16:14
I think they must be getting told to come out with that to fool the fans!

They have been knocked out of 2 tournaments before the end of August!!

davieboy1873
10-09-2010, 16:19
Will these stupid bastards never learn?:blink:

truebear51
10-09-2010, 16:22
Stupid fenian bastard

hellofollow
10-09-2010, 16:22
"We're gonna win the treble" seems to be the new Micky mantra

AN09
10-09-2010, 16:23
If wer'e lead to believe what Anthony Sokes tells us, then we should all head down to our local bookies.

52 & Counting
10-09-2010, 16:23
we'll see :)

tom_horn
10-09-2010, 16:24
I for one will go and put money on them to win the treble

After seeing Lemon's world wide and world class signings, I was resigned to us walking the SPL title again......but this masterstoke is signing Stokes has certainly upset things and I can see us struggle to retain the SPL title and League cup, as will Dung Utd with the Scottish Cup.

:roll:

deluded mhanks, they should be put down at birth

jimbo.b
10-09-2010, 16:36
To be fair Celtc may win the treble.
and Rangers may win the Champions league and the treble.

Drama
10-09-2010, 16:37
How many trebles have they ever won? Suddenly every player they have believes it's a certainty?!?!?!

Hap Hapablap
10-09-2010, 16:39
The only trebles Lemon will be having is voddies in Tennents bar.

Thankyouverymuch

Baxter79
10-09-2010, 16:43
Lots of Thickos in that team now who like to spew shite in the press,

Let them talk they would spend there wages on Magic Beans the dummies!

Don Roberto
10-09-2010, 16:45
Yeah Timothy!

Just like sellick were "destined" to win the Europa League in Dublin Town(after having been pumped out the Champions League) - dream on Stokes!

NATERFC1
10-09-2010, 16:48
I really hate Stokes, my new most hated tim.

RedLionBear
10-09-2010, 16:48
deluded Tim

We do our talking on the park

Kilsyth 1645
10-09-2010, 16:51
So,their latest 'blue chip' signing speaks.

We'll wait and see come the end of the season which team has the spoils of victory.

fkmiller
10-09-2010, 16:53
the same lifelong celtc fan that opted for sunderland last time around.

derek5287
10-09-2010, 16:57
When will they ever learn?!

hawkfalcons
10-09-2010, 17:08
the same lifelong celtc fan that opted for sunderland last time around.

got it in one:mad:

Dallas Cowboy
10-09-2010, 17:47

Junglie in work tried to use that exact argument when I was knotting myself at Stokes's comments.

You gotta luv em, :):):):)

suramericaranger
10-09-2010, 17:49
So far they have already got Europe Cup qualification in the bag (The Korean), then winning the Europa cup (mongo Brown), the league (one of the pikies they signed) and now the treble (stokes).

I wish our players would shoot their mouths off in the paper.:(

Briancnosurrender
10-09-2010, 17:59
they dont no when to shut up another season and another gypo telling us what the great unwashed will do. find it very amusing how deranged they are.

denny love
10-09-2010, 18:04
Will he still be there in may,one thing for sure he wont be in there first 11

clubdeckg
10-09-2010, 18:05
They never learn

bluejax
10-09-2010, 18:05
I really hate Stokes, my new most hated tim.

That didnt take long. :)

trigganomics
10-09-2010, 18:09
why is it that every year these idiots spew there shit in the papers, more broken promises stokes you cretan.

Positively Blue
10-09-2010, 18:33
To be fair to Stokes, he might have heard they don't have to play that powerhouse of Scottish football.....

Ross County. ;)

They never change. :confused:

As soon as they're knocked out of one Cup it's a cert one of those clowns are claiming

" Aye were out of this one but we will win everything else"

Coocoo. Coocoo.

Professor_Chaos
10-09-2010, 18:44
It's little man complex. It's a result of living in the shadow of Rangers for your whole life. ;)

Jamiegatami
10-09-2010, 18:47
Serious question,

Which one of them will come out with "It will never be 3 in a row" and when will it happen?

My bets on the Lego eater by the end of january when they have been knocked out of the league cup by Inverness and the Scottish Cup by Spartans. :)

bulletproofdunc
10-09-2010, 18:49
Shooting their mouths off since IBBB.

DerbyBlue
10-09-2010, 18:52
Think Doris Stokes would be a better bet with Title predictions ya pr*ck:eek:

Stivenstoune
10-09-2010, 18:59
Stupid taig cant wait to hurt them on the park.

garyw09
10-09-2010, 19:00
Walter does not even need team talks anymore :D

Steve A Stevens
10-09-2010, 19:04
Can we please have a list of smelly Phenian scum who have made the same claim over the last couple of seasons.

Stokes I hope you fail fail, tosser.

KAB
10-09-2010, 19:04
Rangers player Steve Davis:

I am going to try and enjoy this CL adventure - it might be the last time a Scottish Team feature in it for a long time.

= Reality.

Tony Balony

Beeeeejeeezus. We have to win the league this year cos we belong in the CL. We are going to win ra treble beeeeeejeeeezus!

= Fantasy.

There in lies the difference.

Mason Boyne
10-09-2010, 19:08
Aye , we'll winit nae borrer by the way 'nat 'no. Cos Antny says it.

littlebluedemon
10-09-2010, 19:18
I find it hilarious,even when asked about a lack of a Scottish theme through there squad/club (what a joke that is) they say shrug it off,they have a squad made up of random foreigner's and not very good ones at that.Everyone of their players and their manager has timplosion written all over them,even lines like the one on the sport news there "celtics only Scottish addition Charlie Mulgrew...." It's comedy gold and the bheggars can't see the writing on the wall.I honestly don't know why they do it to themselves but I shall enjoy watching them crumble starting with a draw tomorrow against Hearts.

britain
21-05-2011, 06:07

New Bhoy Anthony Stokes insists Celtic can claim domestic clean sweep after European exit

ANTHONY Stokes last night insisted he can help fire Celtic to a domestic clean sweep.

The life-long Parkhead fan is counting down the hours to his dream debut against Hearts tomorrow - almost two weeks after sealing his 1.2 million move from Hibs.

But even before he kicks his first ball for the club the ambitious Irishman is convinced he has signed up for a first season treble with Neil Lennon's side.

He said: "Celtic mean a lot to me because I have supported them all my life - but I want to do it for myself and for the manager.

"Yes, it's brilliant to come here as a supporter but I want to win as much as I can with them because - with the squad we have, we can win EVERYTHING this year.

"People might think that's asking too much too soon from a new team but I don't agree. We have to try to win the lot - it's as simple as that.

"We can't just say we'd be happy with the league because if we win the league why shouldn't we go on and win the cups? "It's going to be tough but we have a big squad and a lot of very good players so, in my opinion, we should go out to try to win everything.

"I don't think the Treble is too far fetched. The team has won the first three games. There are so many new players here the team is only going to get better as we go on.

"The results have not reflected how dominant Celtic have been. Even the 1-0 win over Motherwell could have been four or five.

Stokes became Lennon's 11th summer signing when he clinched his deadline day move.

And the 22-year-old insists he is mentally strong enough to cope with the pressure of delivering on his promises.

He added: "Last season at Hibs after six months I thought we could have a right go and be there or thereabouts at the end.

"But Hibs are not at that highest level yet. When we fell away towards the end of the season, people kind of expected that.

"Here, lose one match and people are down on you like a ton of bricks. But with the players we have, and the money we've spent
ng room wall?

Here you go, an Anthony Stokes prediction from the start of this season.:)
Go on have a laugh:seal::seal::seal::seal::seal::seal::seal:

72 Blue
21-05-2011, 06:16

Just like their pathetic covered in shite.....army.

williamstown
21-05-2011, 06:23
With the Queen visiting Dublin and the Gers doing three in a row I dont think everythings going to plan in the Stokes family right now,GIRFUY.:):):):)

DeeGer10
21-05-2011, 06:24
Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah :)

TheSnowman
21-05-2011, 07:34
Don't you just love him?

southpaws
21-05-2011, 08:11
Why are you spouting all this derision? The boy is technically correct, they are on for a treble, a treble of their favoured finishing position, SECOND!!! Bahahahaahhahahhah you mono browed buffoon!!!

King William
21-05-2011, 08:14
Stokes sounds as thick as his Manager.

BC52
21-05-2011, 08:19
Hahahahaha

halfaperson
21-05-2011, 09:07
There were posters on here shrieking in panic that they would win the treble

The Predator
21-05-2011, 10:01
:seal: :seal: :seal:

Bumps like thst are full of win

Kaiser
21-05-2011, 10:13
Stokes could'nae even manage three games on the trot, never mind a treble.

jimbo.b
21-05-2011, 10:56
I would say the only place Stokes will see a treble is in his old man's pub, but the licence may not last long enough.

pelem
21-05-2011, 11:15

ng room wall?

Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho..........And its no even christmas.

Here's laffin at you taig boy.