PDA

View Full Version : This season could end up very interesting

KaiserSauzee
19-08-2010, 20:39
Not seen any of Celtic, but reports from the game say they look decent enough up front, and their centre back looks like what they have been missing in recent years. If they are better than last seasons team (and lets be honest it couldnt be hard), they might pose a challenge.

our team on the other hand has had only a few additions (so far), but I think our team spirit, and the addition of just these few quality players, will make us very strong all over the park (barring a few injuries)

both teams have had it hard over the last few years, us with our debt problems and losing valued/loved players, and not really being optimisic for the future, and celtic through their umpteen managers & players, and lack of success.

both teams to my mind will be fresh for the challenge, and it may well hark back to the Walter and Tommy years, when players like Hoojdonk(sp) and Goram etc played blinders in classic old firm games.

watch this space, Walters last season could be a good one!

Blueandtrue1972
19-08-2010, 21:05
They have lost their best player in Aids McGayday as well as a top keeper, not my favourite people in the world but talented none the less. They have signed 2 seemingly good players in the Mexican and Joe Ledly, however we now have a wide player that will allow by far the leagues best player to play in his best position. So with Edu and and Davis in the middle, we still have a better centre midfield. With Weiss and possibly Barazite we have great width and skill, as well as McCullough and based on saturday Naismith as cover. Up front we are much much better than last season, we have Miller still and 2 new strikers that will put in more work in a game than Fat Boyd did all year. Boyd played in games we would win easily, now we have players who can play in the big games too. In defence we now have Webster, who may not be fit all the time but I still think he will play as much as Wilson.

Don't even expect them to challenge, the only thing you can be sure of this season is for the Lurgan Bhigot to self harm by the time Santa Clause is coming!!!!

We Welcome the Chase :) :) :)

Faith Defender
19-08-2010, 21:07
They have lost their best player in Aids McGayday as well as a top keeper, not my favourite people in the world but talented none the less. They have signed 2 seemingly good players in the Mexican and Joe Ledly, however we now have a wide player that will allow by far the leagues best player to play in his best position. So with Edu and and Davis in the middle, we still have a better centre midfield. With Weiss and possibly Barazite we have great width and skill, as well as McCullough and based on saturday Naismith as cover. Up front we are much much better than last season, we have Miller still and 2 new strikers that will put in more work in a game than Fat Boyd did all year. Boyd played in games we would win easily, now we have players who can play in the big games too. In defence we now have Webster, who may not be fit all the time but I still think he will play as much as Wilson.

Don't even expect them to challenge, the only thing you can be sure of this season is for the Lurgan Bhigot to self harm by the time Santa Clause is coming!!!!

We Welcome the Chase :) :) :)

Is this title not Weiss' now? :ninja:

:p:p

Phil Leotardo
19-08-2010, 21:08
Celtic had recorded better results at the same stage last season. We'll see.

Blueandtrue1972
19-08-2010, 21:24
He's a close second to Davis ;)

The Devil
17-05-2011, 15:29
Not seen any of Celtic, but reports from the game say they look decent enough up front, and their centre back looks like what they have been missing in recent years. If they are better than last seasons team (and lets be honest it couldnt be hard), they might pose a challenge.

our team on the other hand has had only a few additions (so far), but I think our team spirit, and the addition of just these few quality players, will make us very strong all over the park (barring a few injuries)

both teams have had it hard over the last few years, us with our debt problems and losing valued/loved players, and not really being optimisic for the future, and celtic through their umpteen managers & players, and lack of success.

both teams to my mind will be fresh for the challenge, and it may well hark back to the Walter and Tommy years, when players like Hoojdonk(sp) and Goram etc played blinders in classic old firm games.

watch this space, Walters last season could be a good one!

spot on sir, even if i do say so myself;)

AA
17-05-2011, 15:33
New user name, Kaiser?

brianhrfc
17-05-2011, 15:35
Good find sir!

Also spot on! With the exception of barazite

AA
17-05-2011, 15:51
Good find sir!

Also spot on! With the exception of baraziteGood find? I suspect Kaiser and the devil are one and the same. The post is hardly Mystic meg stuff. He doesn't actually predict which team will come out top and he was miles out with the Celtc central defenders but the most damning evidence is the regurgitation of a thread which began and died a death on the same day, ONE MONTH before the devils conception. I may be wrong, i usually am.

The Devil
17-05-2011, 15:57
Good find? I suspect Kaiser and the devil are one and the same. The post is hardly Mystic meg stuff. He doesn't actually predict which team will come out top and he was miles out with the Celtc central defenders but the most damning evidence is the regurgitation of a thread which began and died a death on the same day, ONE MONTH before the devils conception. I may be wrong, i usually am.

i was doing a search for a thread about a tommy burns 'memorial' that is outside the clock bar in coatbridge (see the clock bar coatbridge thread) when i stumbled across this one, had a look and thought that it was a good prediction of the league as it turned out.

nothing more, nothing less.

then again, the greatest trick he ever pulled................................;)

trigganomics
17-05-2011, 15:59
He was wrong with the mexican aswell he's pants.

sirbluenose
17-05-2011, 16:01
Wrong about Webster too