PDA

View Full Version : Naisy steps up to the plate, and pings a homer.

lebooboo
14-08-2010, 17:25
The wee man had an excellent game today, well topped off with the winner.

Let's hope this is the start of a good run of form.

Best man on the park by a mile.

bigbluebroxi
14-08-2010, 17:26
I agree, he played well.

Hes much better in the centre of midfield than he is out wide.

*****GREG_RFC*****
14-08-2010, 17:26
Thought he was very good today. Looked like a central midfielder.

Certain turns reminded me of a young Ferguson the way he was using his body to feign and skin the opposition without touching the ball.

DocStone
14-08-2010, 17:27
Him and Lafferty had outstanding games today, long may it continue.

Naismith was everywhere today in central midfield, really impressed with his showing.

sinky79
14-08-2010, 17:27
Looked really sharp. A lot fitter thah the rest I thought.

ChicagoBear
14-08-2010, 17:28
He was the best for us today but he should onlyplay in there when we have two other CM's beside him to allow him to play the support role. Edu was left to try to fill midfield on his own today because Naismith was so far up the park in support.

FrankyFourFingers
14-08-2010, 17:29
Ah young Naismith, not so long ago I was defending you on here when you were the latest FF villian. How fickle some are.

Cooperfan
14-08-2010, 17:31
Ah young Naismith, not so long ago I was defending you on here when you were the latest FF villian. How fickle some are.
Naismith has always had the ability. He is at an age and time in his career when he needs to show some consistency. I think this is his 'make or break' year at Rangers.

clubdeckg
14-08-2010, 17:31
A good performance after a good pre season!

Keep it up

ChicagoBear
14-08-2010, 17:32
Naismith has always had the ability. He is at an age and time in his career when he needs to show some consistency. I think this is his 'make or break' year at Rangers.

He wont be able too. He'll be lucky to play the same position in consecutive games. No player will get to an acceptable level of consistency when this happens.

DocStone
14-08-2010, 17:33

Nothing fickle about say it as we see it. On many occassions Naismith did not play well last season, and was correctly castigated. However, today he played well and deserves his plaudits.

Billyflem1
14-08-2010, 17:39
Would prefer to see him upfront,great wee player.

BlueKidG
14-08-2010, 17:40
Thought he was very good today. Looked like a central midfielder.

Certain turns reminded me of a young Ferguson the way he was using his body to feign and skin the opposition without touching the ball.

Thats what i thought too - looked excellent in the centre of midfield.

bigkahunarab
14-08-2010, 17:41
Great news about Naisy and encouraging on Lafferty as well, with a bit of grunt from Beattie when fit this could be an interesting season, hopefully interlaced with Mental Micky Meltdowns on a regular basis.

Tomato Plant
14-08-2010, 17:45
thougth he was superb

Im usually first to criticise too. Well done Steven, keep it up

artificialintoleranz
14-08-2010, 17:47
We need everyone in the first team squad to stand up and be counted this year.

Naismith and Lafferty getting past that "Potential" stage and actually doing a bit this year would be a great start.

justice
14-08-2010, 17:50
When I saw he was starting in centre mid I wasnt very confident but he made a lot of great runs from midfield and generally played very well. Thought lafferty put in a good shift as well. Decent enough start to the season. Is Mcculloch injured?

artificialintoleranz
14-08-2010, 17:51
When I saw he was starting in centre mid I wasnt very confident but he made a lot of great runs from midfield and generally played very well. Thought lafferty put in a good shift as well. Decent enough start to the season. Is Mcculloch injured?

Suspended i think.

Superally51
14-08-2010, 17:53
Aye, him and Laffety where our best players today, hope they can keep it up!

portacabin
14-08-2010, 17:57
i think if davis had played he would have scored more, some of his runs today were brilliant and he was n't getting the final pass

WestEncBear
14-08-2010, 17:58

McCulloch was suspended today.

Wasn't keen on Naismith as CM beforehand but he put in a performance. Impressed by the way he gets ahead of the strikers these days and it's reflected in his goal run v Clyde, Newcastle and today.

stuart1972
14-08-2010, 17:59
Good performance today and agood goal but he needs to learn when to release the ball... at times he could have put players through but held onto the ball for too long

skeltons-bluebells
14-08-2010, 18:00
Personally would have gave Lafferty MOTM today

The Predator
14-08-2010, 18:04
Personally would have gave Lafferty MOTM today

I would agree with that.

Naisy was also good though.

berkshiretrueblue
14-08-2010, 18:06
Him and Lafferty had outstanding games today, long may it continue.

Naismith was everywhere today in central midfield, really impressed with his showing.

Agree fully on Naismith and am delighted for the guy. He could just be the player to complement Davis in the middle of the park but he needs to be allowed to continue in that role and not be shunted out wide by Walter.

As for Lafferty he had a decent game today but I wouldn't say he was outstanding. He still struggles with his passes and his shooting is poor but lets hope he can build on todays performance and start to consistently show some 3.7m form.

The worry for today was our defence and the lack of cover for a number of positions.

We clearly need a quality centre back to play alongside Bougherra since I do worry that Weir will struggle this season and Webster seems to be back to normal and is again injured.

Hutton showed signs of encouragement when he came off the bench but we really need to see two or three quality new faces and quickly.

FernandoTorres
14-08-2010, 18:07
Very good display in what is his best position IMO.

He seems to have a great ability to make late runs into the box or beyond the strikers, it's just a shame nobody found him all day apart from the goal.

Arveladzes Shuffle
14-08-2010, 18:09
Definate stand out today.

53easy
14-08-2010, 18:09
His finish for the goal was great.

He's still never a centre midfielder

gtm
14-08-2010, 18:12
Played well today. Had the intellegence to drop a bit deeper in the second half and it worked a treat as the killie players couldn't match his turn of pace.

tod1873
14-08-2010, 18:13
thought he played very well today

Semper Paratus
14-08-2010, 18:18
Naisy and big lafferty were good today.

As for the rest, it was a por,poor game of football.

Depressig start to the season.

53easy
14-08-2010, 18:19

Rangers won the game mate

dublinbear
14-08-2010, 18:20
Played well, and dispelled a lot of my pre match fears.

He looks like he could play just off a main striker quite well. Hopefully he gets the chance.

lebooboo
His finish for the goal was great.

He's still never a centre midfielder

He was doing a good impersonation of one today.

agc1111
The wee man had an excellent game today, well topped off with the winner.

Let's hope this is the start of a good run of form.

Best man on the park by a mile.

he was superb as he has been a few times when played more centraly.

kennyg_kirkieloyal
I have been critical of Naismith to the point i dont think he'll make it at Rangers but thought he had a good game today capped with a superb finish into far corner for his goal last season that ball was up beside the Union Bears

de_bear
14-08-2010, 18:21
Man of the match by quite a distance. Sharp, composed, good movement and good use of the ball. Hopefully he can keep it up.

AriseSirWalter
14-08-2010, 18:22
Both Naismith & Lafferty played well but Naismith isn't a CM for my money - he a great game today cause he had the space that he could exploit with his talent but wouldn't want him in there if it was gonna be a right battle in midfield. He'll only be played there when others are out IMO but good option to have when we're struggling for numbers.

I'm a fan of the wee man and hope that both him and Lafferty have big seasons this year, they need it. Cracking finish for his goal and well deserved MOTM, keep it up wee man

dublinbear
He was doing a good impersonation of one today.

Killie are a poor team.

It's fine for him to play there against that standard of opposition, but even the better SPL teams would run over us with only 1 recognised CM.

Semper Paratus
Rangers won the game mate

Were you there?

I was, and believe me, apart from Naisy and big Kyle, we were really poor.

Its imperative we get 4 decent players in before the window slams shut.:(

Cappra414VG
14-08-2010, 18:23
Punted to left wing next week.

blueismycolour
14-08-2010, 18:28
I hope it continues, we need someone to come to the forth, and why not him.

53easy
14-08-2010, 18:30
Were you there?

Yes i was there

Miller played well and we should have scored a few more goals

Job done today

lebooboo
I hope it continues, we need someone to come to the forth, and why not him.

Are we going to baptise him, or drown him?

tambourineman

Nothing to do with fickleness; to do with a player's form and Naisy, outstanding as he was today, has often, far too often, been very poor.

Ubik
14-08-2010, 18:31
Killie are a poor team.

It's fine for him to play there against that standard of opposition, but even the better SPL teams would run over us with only 1 recognised CM.

i would agree with this.... i didnt leave ibrox feeling that positive about what i watched.

souness4
14-08-2010, 18:31
I was delighted for him today. Great to see after so many immediately went on the attack when the first XI was announced. You know who you all are. :ninja:

Duranman
14-08-2010, 18:32
naisy and kyle played very well in 2nd half. both poor in 1st

lebooboo
Were you there?

Settle down you. :D

It was the first game of the season, and the transfer window is still open. Go and have a small glass of Port.

Caldyblue v2
Naismith i thought was great going forward but wouldn't for a second keep in at centre mid. He'd do best playing off the attack. Lafferty did well but he really needs to learn to release the ball quicker and actually pick a pass.

sherbrook_loyal
14-08-2010, 18:33
I've been one of Naismith's biggest critics in the past but he was excellent today and he's had a good pre-season too - long may this run of form contiune because we really need people like him to start delivering now.

Lafferty was also excellent.

Whitey_22
14-08-2010, 18:34
Killie are a poor team.

Killie looked a far better team today than they have for the past few seasons.

souness4
14-08-2010, 18:38

Seriously what are your expectations of Rangers this season? You obviously know the situation we are in off the pitch. We have had one signing in two years and the manager has few options available to him. Do you honestly expect silky football?

Why don't you start supporting Barcelona? It will stop you feeling your soul is being torn to pieces supporting The Rangers. Which is the impression you constantly give.

JohnstoneLoyal
14-08-2010, 18:41
Thought naisy was terrific today he got about the park well, he broke up play well and played a lot of nice passes, his goal was also excellent as he looks confident i hope he can stay fit because when you see him play like that he can hurt teams.

Semper Paratus
14-08-2010, 18:53
Seriously what are your expectations of Rangers this season? You obviously know the situation we are in off the pitch. We have had one signing in two years and the manager has few options available to him. Do you honestly expect silky football?

Why don't you start supporting Barcelona? It will stop you feeling your soul is being torn to pieces supporting The Rangers. Which is the impression you constantly give.

I understand the situation, and if you read all my posts on here, ive supported Smith as almost a miracle worker.

However why shouldnt I tell the truth on what I seen today? We are a team as you say who have signed one player in 2 years , and by jove we LOOK IT.

Thats all im saying bud.Ill still go every week and support them.

Semper Paratus
14-08-2010, 18:54
Settle down you. :D

It was the first game of the season, and the transfer window is still open. Go and have a small glass of Port.

Large bourbon being had as we speak:D

Im happy we won today, but like everyone else who is realistic, I worry we cannot sustain it with the current squad.

Hope we get a few good players in mate.

Judee Levinson
14-08-2010, 18:58
Naisy throughly deserved his Man of the Match award today, i thought he was great today. 2 goals in 2 games, not a bad start for a player many on here have written off as not good enough:roll:. this could be a big season for him, heres hoping he can sustain this form throughout the season. Take a bow son. well done:)

The Peoples Piper
14-08-2010, 18:59
Agreed MOTM a mile with lafferty behind, he's had an exellent pre season and carried it on.

souness4
14-08-2010, 19:00
I understand the situation, and if you read all my posts on here, ive supported Smith as almost a miracle worker.

However why shouldnt I tell the truth on what I seen today? We are a team as you say who have signed one player in 2 years , and by jove we LOOK IT.

Thats all im saying bud.Ill still go every week and support them.

Absolutely fair, mate. It just seems to drive you absolutely mad is all. There were positives from today.

The goalie was sharp. Bougherra has lost none of his swagger and looked fit. Naismith proved excellent in the middle of the park. Beattie did well for his first match. Miller was his usual self. Christ even Lafferty played well.

You have every right to voice your opinion of course. But there will be times this season where a negative spin will be far more warranted.

Peace and love and all that.

rez_1873
14-08-2010, 19:03
I must have been watching a different game, didn't think he had that good a game at all.

Good finish for his goal, but he's never a centre midfielder in a million years.

bluenose al
14-08-2010, 19:03
hope this is the start of naisys breakthrough with us.

Semper Paratus
14-08-2010, 19:15
Absolutely fair, mate. It just seems to drive you absolutely mad is all. There were positives from today.

The goalie was sharp. Bougherra has lost none of his swagger and looked fit. Naismith proved excellent in the middle of the park. Beattie did well for his first match. Miller was his usual self. Christ even Lafferty played well.

You have every right to voice your opinion of course. But there will be times this season where a negative spin will be far more warranted.

Peace and love and all that.

Fair play Souness, cant disagree with what youve said.;)

lebooboo
14-08-2010, 19:17
I must have been watching a different game, didn't think he had that good a game at all.

Good finish for his goal, but he's never a centre midfielder in a million years.

It's got to have been a different game right enough mate.

Subian
14-08-2010, 19:21

???? Try reading all the above posts!

Kilbirnie
14-08-2010, 19:22
I have been very critical of wee Naismith since he arrived, and I believe rightly so, but today he was brilliant. Keep it up wee man.

souness4
14-08-2010, 20:16
Fair play Souness, cant disagree with what youve said.;)

Enjoy your bourbon, mate. I had a nice wee selection of Yank whiskey last night myself. And, given that the champions won today I might have a few tonight as well. :cool:

Mrs_Prso
14-08-2010, 20:45
Deserved his MOTM today I thought.

Long may these good performances continue.

Shay o' Turkey
26-05-2011, 14:26

I thought the thread worth a bump, after the season Naisy has had, and the plaudits he is now getting.

Lots of posts in the thread hoping that this game was the start of Steven Naismith really getting it together as a Ranger.

He didn't let us down.

BlueKidG
26-05-2011, 14:29
I thought the thread worth a bump, after the season Naisy has had, and the plaudits he is now getting.

Lots of posts in the thread hoping that this game was the start of Steven Naismith really getting it together as a Ranger.

He didn't let us down.

Ah so your Leboobo :D

portadown_blue
26-05-2011, 14:31
we are all leboobo :D

Idioteque
26-05-2011, 15:45
Funny thing is, i'd imagine him to be quite good at baseball