PDA

View Full Version : Blue Square Premier - Official Thread of the Football Conference

Flawed_Genius
04-08-2010, 12:52
None of your Fancy Dan poncy foreign leagues here – good old fashioned football, at old fashioned grounds where you can hear the profane shouts of the managers, stand with your mates and bounce around happily without Rocksteady getting all upset.

Yes, this is the official Blue Square Premier (or Football Conference in old money) thread for the upcoming season.

Last Season:
Champions: Stevenage Borough
Playoff Winners: Oxford Utd

Relegated: Chester City (expunged), Grays Athletic, Ebbsfleet Utd

Also relegated: Salisbury City for flouting Administration rules

This season:

New comers:

Grimsby Town (relegated from League 2)
Darlington (relegated from League 2)
Newport County (promoted from Conference South)
Bath City (promoted from Conference South)
Southport (promoted from Conference North)
Fleetwood Town (promoted from Conference North)

Favourites:

Some ‘big’ ex-football league clubs expected to be in the running this season – expect the likes of Luton, York, Grimsby and Darlo all to be challenging. Mansfield and Cambridge will be hoping for a better season.

Dark horses:

Kettering Town finished just outside the playoffs – traditional non-league club could sneak into the play offs this year.

Relegation fodder:

Forest Green Rovers (sadly. They’ve reportedly got a great set up there plus it is cider country. Hoping to get an away trip there before they slide into the Conference South)
Fleetwood
Southport
Gateshead.

For the record, I am an AFC Wimbledon season ticket holder. We’ve gone full time this season (highest part time team in England last season after finishing 8th having flirted with a playoff spot all season). I’d bet on a similar finish this season as the FT budget is the same as last year’s PT budget. The playing staff has changed drastically, with not many of last season’s side being retained. Keep an eye out for Danny Kedwell as the BSPs top scorer this year. I certainly fancy a few quid on him for that.

A couple of useful websites for non-league geeks

http://www.bluesqfootball.com/

http://www.conferencegrounds.co.uk/

rangeral
04-08-2010, 19:49
Enjoyed the thread last season and hopefully it will be better this year for AFC Wimbledon ;) in what is called England's 5th division

A play-off place would great this year and hopefully League football is secure with 10 years of been formed.

Look forward to seeing the results and fortunes of AFC Wimbledon 2010-11

Jaws2
04-08-2010, 19:59
York City are my English team (since 1984 for my sins ! :() so I'm hoping we can go one better this year and finally get back into the Football League.

Martin Foyle's Red Army Loyal. :cool:

SandybackBear
04-08-2010, 20:03
Born and bred in Tamworth, So have always followed the mighty lambs as well, nice mid-table finish would be awesome for us I reckon.

Turtle
04-08-2010, 20:50
Come on you Hatters! If we can replicate the second half of last season since Richard Money came in then I think we could win it comfortably. My only concerns are our tendencies to bottle the big games - Stevenage at home, Oxford away and losing 1-0 in both play-off legs to York. I think this partly is due to having much, much bigger crowds than most teams in the league and the fact that many of our support are morons who still cant accept our current status, expect us to win every game 5-0 and get on the players backs when we dont! Despite falling short last year all Luton message boards are full of the same cocky, arrogant shite as last season, do these people ever learn?

Dont see Grimsby or Darlington doing anything, both were awful last season and dont seem anywhere near good enough to challenge the better conference sides. York should be a threat depending on whether Brodie leaves and if they can replace him. Crawley have been splashing the cash in a conference equivalent of Man City kinda way and making lots of noise but could either be excellent or bankrupt come April. One big unknown is Newport County, utterly destroyed the Conference South to an extent they could make a big impression on the league. Obviously any one of the former league clubs like Wrexham, Mansfield, Cambridge are capable of challenging if they get it together also. Likewise Wimbledon and Kettering are probably a few shrewd signings and an injury-free season away from getting into the play-offs and maybe more. Not so sure Fleetwood will be the whipping boys but that is just my feeling and I have nothing to back that up.

I would say that with Stevenage and Oxford out of the way we should be clear favourites but its going to be difficult! Our average gate is decent for League 1 standards (around 6-7,000) and was around the same as Blackpools last season, with the odd conference team getting around 3,000 and most under 1,000, we should theoretically be making considerably more money than most of our rivals. This should enable us to strengthen in January if things arent going to plan which is a factor that shouldnt be ignored. However all Luton fans must remember than it took Oxford around 4-5 years to get out of the league and failure this time could be a total disaster for the club.

alpha
04-08-2010, 20:52
Favourites:

Some ‘big’ ex-football league clubs expected to be in the running this season – expect the likes of Luton, York, Grimsby and Darlo all to be challenging. Mansfield and Cambridge will be hoping for a better season.

surely Rushden & Diamonds will be in the mix?

jackm11
04-08-2010, 20:54
Come on you Hatters! If we can replicate the second half of last season since Richard Money came in then I think we could win it comfortably. My only concerns are our tendencies to bottle the big games - Stevenage at home, Oxford away and losing 1-0 in both play-off legs to York. I think this partly is due to having much, much bigger crowds than most teams in the league and the fact that many of our support are morons who still cant accept our current status, expect us to win every game 5-0 and get on the players backs when we dont! Despite falling short last year all Luton message boards are full of the same cocky, arrogant shite as last season, do these people ever learn?

Dont see Grimsby or Darlington doing anything, both were awful last season and dont seem anywhere near good enough to challenge the better conference sides. York should be a threat depending on whether Brodie leaves and if they can replace him. Crawley have been splashing the cash in a conference equivalent of Man City kinda way and making lots of noise but could either be excellent or bankrupt come April. One big unknown is Newport County, utterly destroyed the Conference South to an extent they could make a big impression on the league. Obviously any one of the former league clubs like Wrexham, Mansfield, Cambridge are capable of challenging if they get it together also. Likewise Wimbledon and Kettering are probably a few shrewd signings and an injury-free season away from getting into the play-offs and maybe more. Not so sure Fleetwood will be the whipping boys but that is just my feeling and I have nothing to back that up.

I would say that with Stevenage and Oxford out of the way we should be clear favourites but its going to be difficult! Our average gate is decent for League 1 standards (around 6-7,000) and was around the same as Blackpools last season, with the odd conference team getting around 3,000 and most under 1,000, we should theoretically be making considerably more money than most of our rivals. This should enable us to strengthen in January if things arent going to plan which is a factor that shouldnt be ignored. However all Luton fans must remember than it took Oxford around 4-5 years to get out of the league and failure this time could be a total disaster for the club.

Where abouts you from in Luton mate? I'm from Stopsley.

Jamiegatami
04-08-2010, 20:56
Im gonna follow Rushden and Diamonds fortunes this season, they always seem like very much a yo-yo team and had that brief flirtation with being a moneybags team that ended up kind of fizzling out.

I see they have signed up Lewwis Spence for the new season. Hopefully the Pineapple Dance Studios favourite can bring the crowds in! :)

They seem to have been very much rubbish last season though.

Turtle
04-08-2010, 21:00
Where abouts you from in Luton mate? I'm from Stopsley.

Runfold/Biscot area, near the Moat House pub! Are you a Luton fan? I get to about 50% of home games and around 5 away games a season, like to get up to Ibrox a few times a season of course money permitting!

Oh and apologies to any Rushden and Diamonds fans, you could well be up there also, I totally forgot you :p

jackm11
04-08-2010, 21:06
Runfold/Biscot area, near the Moat House pub! Are you a Luton fan? I get to about 50% of home games and around 5 away games a season, like to get up to Ibrox a few times a season of course money permitting!

Oh and apologies to any Rushden and Diamonds fans, you could well be up there also, I totally forgot you :p

Ah right, I know where you are. They're my second team really. I'm staying up in Glasgow now but I try to get a to a few games whenever I'm home. I quite fancy Luton's chances this year!

Reg_Shoe
04-08-2010, 21:09
Crawley Town. Started watching them when I was working down there.

Flawed_Genius
05-08-2010, 09:55
surely Rushden & Diamonds will be in the mix?

I think the fella who bank rolled them has taken the money out but not sure.

I think there will be a few teams capable of play off contention if they get a run together at the right time. The conference is a long old slog, especially with 2 games most weeks - injuries and suspensions could pile up.

Flawed_Genius
12-08-2010, 13:09
Just two days until the season gets underway - blue square's betting preview is up:

http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/0,20970,13040_6304374,00.html

Seems Crawley are being backed heavily for the title, with their big spending resulting in a few wagers on them for the title.

Thankfully my team have seen fit to knock back a bid from Creepy Crawley for top scorer and captain Danny Kedwell

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/afc_wimbledon/8903940.stm

My tip of Fleetwood to be in the relegation mix isn't reflected in their odds - they are 20/1 for the title, the same as AFC Wimbledon :eek:

Anyway...fixtures are here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/conf_fixtures/default.stm

and there are a few interesting ties on the opening weekend.

Crawley hosting Grimsby will be one to keep an eye on as will Luton's first outing at home to Altrincham.

If you fancy a punt, I'd go with a treble of:

AFC Wimbledon (to win away at Southport)
Mansfield (to beat Forest Green at home)
Luton (to turn over Altrincham at Kenilworth Rd)

maccagrfc
12-08-2010, 13:16
any danger of changing this to blue square premier and north lol

i work for corby town fc in the blue square north and we were very unlucky not to sneak in the play offs last season. Hoping for a good season this year and have made some good shrewd signings.

fleetwood are big time charlies with a stinking attitude and i will be suprised if they do not challenge at the top for a while but then drift off after the novelty factor wears off and teams begin to figure there style of play out.

My tip was crawley as they have signed a good few players and have a strong backing but still unsure as to whether evans is the man to win them the league.

your dark horses are usually a good outside bet, but this summer they have looked average at best and have signed former players they can trust but may not have the ability to suatain a challenge at the top. I think midtable at best.

Rushden may struggle after losing such an influencial player in Tomlin.

Flawed_Genius
12-08-2010, 13:21
any danger of changing this to blue square premier and north lol

i work for corby town fc in the blue square north and we were very unlucky not to sneak in the play offs last season. Hoping for a good season this year and have made some good shrewd signings.

fleetwood are big time charlies with a stinking attitude and i will be suprised if they do not challenge at the top for a while but then drift off after the novelty factor wears off and teams begin to figure there style of play out.

My tip was crawley as they have signed a good few players and have a strong backing but still unsure as to whether evans is the man to win them the league.

your dark horses are usually a good outside bet, but this summer they have looked average at best and have signed former players they can trust but may not have the ability to suatain a challenge at the top. I think midtable at best.

Rushden may struggle after losing such an influencial player in Tomlin.

What do you do for Corby? Where do you fancy them to finish?

Must confess to not knowing much about the Northern sides lower down the pyramid.

maccagrfc
12-08-2010, 13:27
Ive been kitman and now i am a steward as i was struggling for a job most of last season so couldnt get to ibrox and they asked me to help out for free entry.

I think we have a great chance of winning the league but im sure alot of teams will be thinking that this season. No teams down from the premier means it could be alot closer than most seasons.

its a good job and we had some good former pros with us last year and its great to hear there stories. Had jason lee and gavin strachan there last year. Not sure if gavin told his dad what i think of him though lol

Must have been a few years ago now but i remember meeting 3 bus loads of afc fans at a services when we were going to watch corby. Great fans and quality banter so i always want them to do well and hope you finish higher than last year.

Flawed_Genius
12-08-2010, 13:37
Good luck to Corby - seems they have had some pretty famous ex-pros in the side before... having a poke around on their website...this jumped out at me:

Among the players to have previously appeared for the club are full internationals Reg Smith, Johnny Morris and Henry Cockburn (England), Eric Caldow, Hugh Curran and John Robertson (Scotland), Gerry McElhinney (Northern Ireland) and Dick Whittaker, Mark Lawrenson and Eddie McGoldrick (Republic of Ireland).

I'm hopeful for a good season at Wimbledon - I'd love to see us back in the football league, although there is something quite brilliant about the rough-around-the-edges non-league scene.

maccagrfc
12-08-2010, 13:56
non league football is brilliant but i think being in the football league would be brilliant. Hopefully we will be in league 2 with you in 2 years

GEODGC
12-08-2010, 13:56
None of your Fancy Dan poncy foreign leagues here – good old fashioned football, at old fashioned grounds where you can hear the profane shouts of the managers, stand with your mates and bounce around happily without Rocksteady getting all upset.

Yes, this is the official Blue Square Premier (or Football Conference in old money) thread for the upcoming season.

Last Season:

This season:

New comers:

Favourites:

Dark horses:

Kettering Town finished just outside the playoffs – traditional non-league club could sneak into the play offs this year.

Relegation fodder:

Forest Green Rovers (sadly. They’ve reportedly got a great set up there plus it is cider country. Hoping to get an away trip there before they slide into the Conference South)
Fleetwood
Southport
Gateshead.

For the record, I am an AFC Wimbledon season ticket holder. We’ve gone full time this season (highest part time team in England last season after finishing 8th having flirted with a playoff spot all season). I’d bet on a similar finish this season as the FT budget is the same as last year’s PT budget. The playing staff has changed drastically, with not many of last season’s side being retained. Keep an eye out for Danny Kedwell as the BSPs top scorer this year. I certainly fancy a few quid on him for that.

I can`t believe you haven`t mentioned Crawley in that post:confused:. They have been splashing the cash and have been gambled in from 33/1 to 5/1, i`ve got money on them to win and also bet Tubbs to be the divisions top scorer as he was last season.

Flawed_Genius
12-08-2010, 14:04
I can`t believe you haven`t mentioned Crawley in that post:confused:. They have been splashing the cash and have been gambled in from 33/1 to 5/1, i`ve got money on them to win and also bet Tubbs to be the divisions top scorer as he was last season.

They've grudgingly had a mention in a more recent post :p

I knew they were being active and talked up but I was surprised that their odds had been slashed so dramatically.

Saturday's home game against Grimsby will be an interesting test for them.

Can't say I've got any time for Creepy Crawley or Evans but they were tough opponents last year (most enjoyable game I went to was the FA Cup replay against them at Kingsmeadow). If they've got the blend right with the new additions then they could well be in the mix.

I'm still backing Kedwell to top the scoring charts though

lutonloyal
12-08-2010, 16:39

Turtle,

Love it another Hatters fan on follow follow, as well as jackm11.

Im a season ticket holder and drink in the Bobbers before games. Originally from Stopsley, but have now lived in Barton-le-clay 11 years.
There's quite a few Bears fans in Luton, though obviously not as many as the rhebels due to Luton having its large Irish population.

I get up to see the Gers as often as i can. Last season did Hibs,Tims game(Miller 2 goals) at Ibrox and shamefully had a ticket for the title party Motherwell match, but stayed and watched it in the Grapes with all my Kilsyth pals.
Also done the both Emirates days, but most of all love doing the Euro trips. Get to at least 2 or 3 a season. Was at Stuttgart and Bucharest last year.

Im currently writing a book about my 5 Decades of following Luton and (Rangers) starting in 1966, have just finished 84/85 season.

With Luton, i am much more optimistic than this time last year. Saw us win the 3 friendlies at home to Liverpool (Reserves), Killie and Newcastle (Reserves) and was very impressed.

Keep the faith

Luton Loyal

1690owl
12-08-2010, 16:47
it would be great if they got some tv coverage, unless there is??

kettlebelly
12-08-2010, 17:18
Don't be surprised to see the Cod Army (Fleetwood Town) being there or there abouts. A lot of money being spent around the club alongwith a £4 million stand being constructed.
Heading upwards.:roll:

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
13-08-2010, 11:00
it would be great if they got some tv coverage, unless there is??

Sadly the TV deal went pop when Setanta did - it was actually quite innovative with cameras in the changing rooms, in-game interviews and was generally a bit more fun than the over-serious premier league coverage.

Nothing has been lined up but www.afcwimbledon.tv has Dons highlights - a few other clubs have similar things set up.

Flawed_Genius
16-08-2010, 13:25
If you fancy a punt, I'd go with a treble of:

AFC Wimbledon (to win away at Southport)
Mansfield (to beat Forest Green at home)
Luton (to turn over Altrincham at Kenilworth Rd)

Wish I'd have put my money where my mouth was....

Anyway - the opening weekend didn't spring too many surprises although much-fancied Crawley were beaten 1-0 at home to conference new boys Grimsby.

The other relegated side, Darlington, turned over Newport County 1-0. These sides were two divisions apart last season and reports suggest Newport gave them a decent game and dominated the 2nd half.

Luton drew the biggest crowd, over 6,500 witnessing them leave it late to beat Altrincham.

Rushden needed an injury time leveller to bag a point at home to Fleetwood.

Elsewhere, Wrexham, Tamworth, Wimbledon (never lost on the opening day since the new club was formed) and Kidderminster all chalked up first day victories.

Full set of fixtures tomorrow night http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/conf_fixtures/default.stm very much looking forward to a trip to Kingsmeadow to see Wimbledon vs Histon.

Kettering against Luton, Cambridge vs Crawley, Grimsby vs York and Fleetwood hosting Mansfield look the most intriguing ties.

On the tips front, back:

Wimbledon to beat Histon

Hayes & Yeading to win at Eastbourne

Newport to beat Tamworth.

govanstan
16-08-2010, 13:47
I always keep an eye out for York City, Farther in law played for them in the giant killing team of the early 50's.
Hope the go one better than last years play off place final.

kettlebelly
16-08-2010, 14:09
Went to see Fleetwood play at Rushden on Saturday where they were very unlucky to lose an 93rd minute equaliser.
Mega impressed with the set up at Nene Park though they don't seem to have the support to back it up.

As I said in my earlier post don't be surprised if the Cod Army are up near the top half of the league.

Cleveleys Loyal

maccagrfc
16-08-2010, 14:24
nene park is a great stasium for non league football but doesnt have as many fans as they did when they played league football.

hopefully you will be making the trip to our new ground next season.

magpieranger
16-08-2010, 15:33
Just as long as Luton don't go up I don't care who does. Horrible little club.

kettlebelly
16-08-2010, 16:39
nene park is a great stasium for non league football but doesnt have as many fans as they did when they played league football.

hopefully you will be making the trip to our new ground next season.

Fancy yourselves for promotion obviously as no way the Cod Army are going down:D

Cleveleys Loyal

lutonloyal
16-08-2010, 17:34
Just as long as Luton don't go up I don't care who does. Horrible little club.

Steady magpie

I know we have our share of morons and a shite ground, but we do have a history. I have seen us beat EVERY club in the English league.

And we did sell you Supermac

SandybackBear
16-08-2010, 17:36
I know it's meaningless at this juncture but after our 4-2 win on Saturday I'm enjoying Tamworth's position at the top.

maccagrfc
17-08-2010, 09:44
Fancy yourselves for promotion obviously as no way the Cod Army are going down:D

Cleveleys Loyal

haha well we were unlucky last season, just got rid of the mercenaries too late into the season.

we have signed a few good players to strengthen out squad from last year and i hope we can mount a serious promotion challenge.

How do you see your season panning out?

Flawed_Genius
18-08-2010, 10:19
So, my tips weren't so good this week but I won't dwell on that...

41 goals in the Conference last night including Eastbourne smacking 5 past Hayes & Yeading and Southport earning the points in a 7 goal thriller away at Kidderminster Harriers.

Luton and Wimbledon are the only teams with maximum points after two fixtures. At the other end, Barrow are yet to pick up a point.

I was at Wimbledon last night and we had a very good first half - creating plenty and testing Welch in the Histon goal but failed to make the chances pay and went in at the break on level terms.

Histon got into the game in the 2nd half and Wimbledon lost their stride a bit. It looked like the Cambridgeshire outfit would get the point they'd come for as they continually wound down the clock until the 2nd minute of injury time when Danny Kedwell was fouled in the box and dispatched the resulting penalty in emphatic style.

He then laid on a cross for Ricky Wellard to ice the cake and to make it 2-0.

Tamworth up next for the Dons, who themselves have got off to a decent start by beating Eastbourne 4-2 on the opening day and securing a 1-1 draw away at Newport last night.

derbybear
18-08-2010, 11:26
What abpout a thread on the Evo Stick Premier?

womble 3
18-08-2010, 12:34
C'Mon The Wombles

Feck Franchise Fc

:)

crl00002
18-08-2010, 13:13
Hope to see Scarborough doing well.... assuming this is the right division

kettlebelly
18-08-2010, 13:50
haha well we were unlucky last season, just got rid of the mercenaries too late into the season.

we have signed a few good players to strengthen out squad from last year and i hope we can mount a serious promotion challenge.

How do you see your season panning out?

Had a cracking 3 - 0 win over Mansfield last night and now await Luton on Saturday. Hopefully they underestimate the Cod Army as a big shock awaits them.
It looks as though we've signed a good yin in Vierra from Ebbsfleet, that's 3 goals in 2 games, not a bad return.
If we keep up the current ratio of a point away from home and 3 points at home I'd say we'll go up as Champions ............ nothing like being optimistic.
We'll surprise a lot of this division but another promotion maybe one too many this season. Consolidation would be enough in my opinion.
Flawed Genius will be eating his words about FTFC being relegation cannon fodder when AFC Wombles come to town late November.

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
18-08-2010, 14:44
Had a cracking 3 - 0 win over Mansfield last night and now await Luton on Saturday. Hopefully they underestimate the Cod Army as a big shock awaits them.
It looks as though we've signed a good yin in Vierra from Ebbsfleet, that's 3 goals in 2 games, not a bad return.
If we keep up the current ratio of a point away from home and 3 points at home I'd say we'll go up as Champions ............ nothing like being optimistic.
We'll surprise a lot of this division but another promotion maybe one too many this season. Consolidation would be enough in my opinion.
Flawed Genius will be eating his words about FTFC being relegation cannon fodder when AFC Wombles come to town late November.

Cleveleys Loyal

You never know, I could well be...it is grim oop north after all! :p

Must confess to having read about Newport County's ascent but knew little about Fleetwood's rise, hence the rather lazy assumption that they'd be relegation fodder :o

Mansfield are a decent outfit so to wallop them 3-0 last night is a big statement.

From last season, I really noticed a step up in quality when we played the likes of Luton and Oxford, who were a cut above most sides in the division. Saturday will be a massive test for you but I suppose you have nothing to lose either.

magpieranger
18-08-2010, 14:44
Steady magpie

I know we have our share of morons and a shite ground, but we do have a history. I have seen us beat EVERY club in the English league.

And we did sell you Supermac

Sorry bud but everytime I think Luton Town I think plastic pitches, away fans ban and the cowardly way a good number of so called supporters attacked the York City players just because they were better than their team in last seasons playoffs.

Then there was this: http://www.nufc.com/2010-11html/2010-08-04luton-res-a.html

Definately a very unpleasant little club.

Flawed_Genius
18-08-2010, 14:53
Hope to see Scarborough doing well.... assuming this is the right division

I see two Scarboroughs formed out of the ashes of the old club

Scarborough Athletic and Scarborough Town - I think Athletic are seen as the continuation of the old club, are they not?

They play in the Northern Counties East Div 1, 3 divisions below the BSP (Conference) - if they can keep their attendances up they should be able to climb the pyramid - it is a tough slog but the bigger support will mean they have the money and presence to attract better non-league footballers as they progress.

maccagrfc
18-08-2010, 14:54
What abpout a thread on the Evo Stick Premier?

good old glue sniffer, so whos your team then?

corby had a good away win at gloucester last night but the match was marred by a serious injury to one of there young players. He went in for a 50/50 challenge and ended up worse off with a broken tib and fib.
Fair play to the glassstar fans who realised there was no blame and these things happen in football.
Can think of 1 set of fans who would be brincking the referees windows if he hadnt of called the police if one of there players had a broken leg.

Nice long trip up to blyth on saturday, cant wait to finally have a home game as the travelling this week has killed me lol

magpieranger
18-08-2010, 15:25
I'm going to Whitley Bay v Jarrow Roofing on Saturday in the Northern League Division 1 (4 leagues below the Conference National). The standard is suprisingly good and although Whitley lost last night they have won the FA Vase at Wembley 2 years in a row and average around 450 crowds.

It's good having a drink and a bit crack on with the players, manager and chairman in the clubhouse after the game as well and if i'm being honest I prefer this then paying £30 to watch Newcastle in the Premier league because it just has a better feel to it.

I can only see non league attendances increasing as more people become fed up of what the Premier League has become.

maccagrfc
18-08-2010, 16:01
i see there is a non league day 4th september i think as england are playing on the friday so englandfans are trying to get all primer league and championship supporters to go watch there local non league side.

I like going to non league games as you get the banter you cant get at segregated games.

lutonloyal
18-08-2010, 17:12
Sorry bud but everytime I think Luton Town I think plastic pitches, away fans ban and the cowardly way a good number of so called supporters attacked the York City players just because they were better than their team in last seasons playoffs.

Then there was this: http://www.nufc.com/2010-11html/2010-08-04luton-res-a.html

Definately a very unpleasant little club.

Magpie,

Cant argue with a lot of what your saying. Plastic pitch- agree, but it was better than QPR's and it was a way of generating income by hiring it out (and no postponements)
Away fan ban- Definitely agree with you on that one. A disgraceful Tory MP Chairman sucking up to Maggie Thatcher! But again that was from 1986 - 1991 Ages ago.

The friendly against the Mags reserves - There has been an outcry here about the £18 admission fee for both Newcastle & Liverpool reserves. The 2020 board of directors have accepted they made a mistake, one of them even personally replying to my criticism.
The programme was for both games.
Our fans, once again i stress we have a share of morons, but most of us are more than ok, just passionate for a club that has a good history and has been ran terribly from various boards of directors.

I have many memories of going to Newcastle, both good and bad. The good - Excellent nightlife like Tuxedos and Maddisons nightclubs
and the bad - The appalling racism that the toon army gave to our black players in those days.

So we'll have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

At least we both share one passion - The Teddy Bears!!!

Cant wait for the Champs League draw to plan my next Rangers trips abroad.

WATP

Davie_1873
18-08-2010, 17:14
Fooking Grimsby-York 0-0 last night let me down for a full scorecast with 6 games.

Koonts the pair of them.

:mad::mad:

Flawed_Genius
18-08-2010, 17:22
I'm going to Whitley Bay v Jarrow Roofing on Saturday in the Northern League Division 1 (4 leagues below the Conference National). The standard is suprisingly good and although Whitley lost last night they have won the FA Vase at Wembley 2 years in a row and average around 450 crowds.

It's good having a drink and a bit crack on with the players, manager and chairman in the clubhouse after the game as well and if i'm being honest I prefer this then paying £30 to watch Newcastle in the Premier league because it just has a better feel to it.

I can only see non league attendances increasing as more people become fed up of what the Premier League has become.

I'd agree with that - I love non-league football, you actually feel like a part of the club - there is a real family ethos that is missing a lot from the bigger stage.

There is also the beauty of some ramshackle stadiums, full of character.

Standing, inventive crowds with good banter and as you mention, the chance to mingle with the players if you so desire.

Flawed_Genius
18-08-2010, 17:27
Magpie,

Cant argue with a lot of what your saying. Plastic pitch- agree, but it was better than QPR's and it was a way of generating income by hiring it out (and no postponements)
Away fan ban- Definitely agree with you on that one. A disgraceful Tory MP Chairman sucking up to Maggie Thatcher! But again that was from 1986 - 1991 Ages ago.

The friendly against the Mags reserves - There has been an outcry here about the £18 admission fee for both Newcastle & Liverpool reserves. The 2020 board of directors have accepted they made a mistake, one of them even personally replying to my criticism.
The programme was for both games.
Our fans, once again i stress we have a share of morons, but most of us are more than ok, just passionate for a club that has a good history and has been ran terribly from various boards of directors.

I have many memories of going to Newcastle, both good and bad. The good - Excellent nightlife like Tuxedos and Maddisons nightclubs
and the bad - The appalling racism that the toon army gave to our black players in those days.

So we'll have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

At least we both share one passion - The Teddy Bears!!!

Cant wait for the Champs League draw to plan my next Rangers trips abroad.

WATP

I have to say, I have no particular affinity with Luton but no strong dislike either - we witnessed some of the morons in action at Kingsmeadow last season, although it was darkly funny seeing our Womble mascot getting his furry head knocked off >:)

One thing that did resonate strongly though was on that opening day last season, it was just over 21 years since both clubs had held the domestic cups.

I have plenty of respect for how the Luton fans have rallied round and helped their club out of the mire, and that attendances are relatively healthy despite dropping out of the football league.

All clubs have their morons, sad to say it taints the decent folk who just want to support their side.

crl00002
18-08-2010, 17:30
I see two Scarboroughs formed out of the ashes of the old club

Scarborough Athletic and Scarborough Town - I think Athletic are seen as the continuation of the old club, are they not?

They play in the Northern Counties East Div 1, 3 divisions below the BSP (Conference) - if they can keep their attendances up they should be able to climb the pyramid - it is a tough slog but the bigger support will mean they have the money and presence to attract better non-league footballers as they progress.

To be honest I don't really know anything about the team (didn't even realise they were disbanded), I just want them to do well as I go the town quite often.

bry879
18-08-2010, 17:50
As long as the mighty Barrow AFC stay up. :D

Flawed_Genius
20-08-2010, 12:09
Latest Conference News:

Good news for Luton Town

Luton Town have been cleared of blame by the Football Association following the crowd trouble that marred their home game against York City in May.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/8926313.stm

Bad news for Histon - Beck is an excellent motivator and organiser of football teams. The football won't be pretty but he is capable of getting results. A big blow for the Stutes.

Histon boss John Beck has left the club less than eight weeks into the job after a disagreement over finances, according to chairman Russell Hands.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/histon/8930662.stm

kettlebelly
22-08-2010, 09:22
Went to Fleetwood v Luton yesterday. Pleased to say that the Hatters fans behaved themselves, maybe the comfortable 3-0 win had something to do with that:roll::roll:
Quite an eye opener for the Cod Army who have risen 4 divisions over the last 6 seasons.

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
24-08-2010, 18:02
Latest from the Conference:

Luton Town and AFC Wimbledon maintained their 100% start to the season on the weekend just past. The Hatters putting 3 for no reply past new boys Fleetwood. The Dons overcame Tamworth by the same scoreline at home and are yet to concede.

Wimbledon were very impressive against a decent Tamworth outfit. The goals coming off the back of some good build up play. The 3rd goal, scored by Kedwell the result of a training ground set-piece delivered by Sam Hatton that will be worth a look when it pops up on www.afcwimbledon.tv

Eastbourne Boro are the entertainers so far, banging in 13 goals and leaking 7 - they sit 3rd on 6 points.

Barrow got their season started, notching up a victory against Rushden who sit bottom.

There is a full set of fixtures tonight - Luton host Newport whilst Wimbledon travel to Rushden. Rushden will be no pushovers despite their poor start - they made the play offs last term.

Down at the wrong end of the table, Cambridge, Altrincham and Kettering will all be looking to chalk up their first wins of the season.

Tips for tonight, back the following sides to win:

Crawley
Luton
York
Mansfield

Flawed_Genius
25-08-2010, 12:17
Both Luton and Wimbledon saw their 100% starts to the season go pop last night. Luton were held at home to Newport County whilst the Wombles were beaten by a superior Rushden side who chalked up their first win.

Grimsby busted Darlo's unbeaten start, Crawley beat bath and Altrincham are in the mire, losing to Southport and are now bottom on 1 point.

A Rangers connection, Moses Ashikodi's late equaliser nicked Kettering a point at Mansfield.

Obviously the table is still in its infancy with only 4 rounds of fixtures being played but the top 5 looks like this at present:

1 Luton Pts 10
2 Wimbledon Pts 9
3 Eastbourne B Pts 7
4 Forest Green Pts 7
5 Fleetwood T Pts 7

Whilst the relegation zone is currently inhabited by these slow starters

21 Cambridge Pts 3
22 York Pts 3
23 Kettering Pts 3
24 Altrincham Pts 1

1690owl
26-08-2010, 16:05
just noticed has the blue square prem been picked up by the premier sports channel to shw live football?

maccagrfc
26-08-2010, 16:18
£6 a month to watch luton and darlington every week. the rangers connection is quality lol was his only game not a sub appearance in an old firm derby.

shame to see you lost your perfect start against diamonds. how did they look?

Flawed_Genius
26-08-2010, 16:28
just noticed has the blue square prem been picked up by the premier sports channel to shw live football?

Yep, not convinced the bubble won't burst for this lot either. They want £6.99 for it, which is a farce - most conference fans go regularly enough and several clubs have their own highlights made available for free.

maccagrfc

shame to see you lost your perfect start against diamonds. how did they look?

I didn't make it up there - getting away from the office in time for a Tuesday away fixture is always a struggle.

All reports I've read suggest Rushden were good for it and Wimbledon were a bit off the pace. A shame after 3 wins on the bounce but Rushden were a play-off side last season so their slow start was slightly misleading in the build up to the game.

Decent chance to bounce straight back vs. Eastbourne on Saturday, although they've been banging in the goals and have started well.

Newport at home on bank holiday monday so hopeful for 6 points, although would take 4 right now if offered

maccagrfc
26-08-2010, 16:40
I think there slow start is down to the loss of a few influential players. A few of the corby players have been at r&d previously and we were speaking about it last night. seems they are struggling with injuries, after a good year last season there doctors bill is going to be big.

I am suprused by the start eastbourne have made but should be looking at 6 out of 6 there.

Corby have made a good start this season with the only blemish being a late goal conceded saturday against blyth in a game we bossed from start to the 88th minute.

cambridgeblue
26-08-2010, 16:49
Cambridge have had a shocking start - after being regular playoff merchants we've slumped to relegation avoiders :(

Need to get the stadium situ sorted this season.

kettlebelly
26-08-2010, 17:22
The Cod Army bounced back after Saturday's gubbing. So bring on the Southport this w/e followed by York at home on Monday. 6 points will do me:angel:

Got a local journey next week when FTFC travel down to Crawley.

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
31-08-2010, 13:40
Tough weekend for conference clubs, with a game Saturday and a game Monday. In fact a tough start to the season - 6 matches in 16 days.

Back to back wins for Mansfield and Crawley see them join Wimbledon on 13 points - my beloved Wimbledon topping the table for a couple of days after a topsy-turvy game away at Eastbourne on Saturday before drawing 2-2 at home to Newport.

Altrincham are suffering. Marooned on 1 point at the foot of the table.

Seems all is not well at Luton - Manager Richard Money had words with some of the travelling support at their 3-1 defeat at Tamworth

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/luton_town/8956695.stm

It is certainly the hotseat in the conference, the pressure to get promotion will be very intense unless they start running away with the division.

I still fancy them to win it but with the games coming thick and fast, I think there will be a few more weekends like this one for them.

Full fixture list on Saturday....not a massive amount of internationals in this division - Grimsby vs Luton is on the box and Crawley vs. Fleetwood also stands out.

Flawed_Genius
31-08-2010, 13:58
Further down the Pyramid, some alarming news for Croydon Athletic, who are owned by the guy at the centre of the Pakistani cricketing 'no-ball' scandal. There are genuine fears that they could go out of business if his backing is withdrawn:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/aug/31/croydon-athletic-cricket-betting-scandal

Whether Croydon would go out of business if it lost Majeed's backing is less clear. After their 2-1 win yesterday, courtesy of Gareth Williams late header, which he celebrated by running to his bench and offering an imitation of a no-ball delivery, Tim O'Shea, the manager, admitted surprise at the scandal. "Amazed. I spoke to him Tuesday just for a general meeting. He's a busy man, he comes to the games from time to time."

rangeral
31-08-2010, 18:57
Not a bad start for AFC Wimbeldon giving playing 6 in August alone

1 Mansfield Town 6 4 1 1 12 6 6 13
2 AFC Wimbledon 6 4 1 1 11 5 6 13
3 Crawley Town 6 4 1 1 9 4 5 13
4 Luton Town 6 3 2 1 11 7 4 11
5 Fleetwood Town 6 3 1 2 8 6 2 10
6 Rushden & Diamonds 6 3 1 2 8 6 2 10
7 Southport 5 3 1 1 6 4 2 10
8 Grimsby Town 6 3 1 2 6 7 -1 10
9 Darlington 6 2 3 1 6 4 2 9
10 Tamworth 6 2 3 1 11 10 1 9
11 Forest Green Rovers 6 2 2 2 9 8 1 8
12 Wrexham 6 2 2 2 9 10 -1 8
13 Newport County 6 1 4 1 9 7 2 7
14 Eastbourne Borough 6 2 1 3 14 13 1 7
15 Hayes & Yeading Utd 6 2 1 3 8 15 -7 7
16 York City 6 1 3 2 7 6 1 6
17 Cambridge United 6 1 3 2 5 5 0 6
18 Kettering Town 6 1 3 2 5 5 0 6
19 Barrow FC 6 1 3 2 6 8 -2 6
20 Gateshead FC 5 1 2 2 4 6 -2 5
21 Bath City 6 1 2 3 6 9 -3 5
22 Histon 6 1 2 3 7 11 -4 5
23 Kidderminster Harriers 6 1 2 3 10 15 -5 5
24 Altrincham 6 0 1 5 3 13 -10 1

bluewasp
31-08-2010, 19:16
Not a bad start for AFC Wimbeldon giving playing 6 in August alone

1 Mansfield Town 6 4 1 1 12 6 6 13
2 AFC Wimbledon 6 4 1 1 11 5 6 13
3 Crawley Town 6 4 1 1 9 4 5 13
4 Luton Town 6 3 2 1 11 7 4 11
5 Fleetwood Town 6 3 1 2 8 6 2 10
6 Rushden & Diamonds 6 3 1 2 8 6 2 10
7 Southport 5 3 1 1 6 4 2 10
8 Grimsby Town 6 3 1 2 6 7 -1 10
9 Darlington 6 2 3 1 6 4 2 9
10 Tamworth 6 2 3 1 11 10 1 9
11 Forest Green Rovers 6 2 2 2 9 8 1 8
12 Wrexham 6 2 2 2 9 10 -1 8
13 Newport County 6 1 4 1 9 7 2 7
14 Eastbourne Borough 6 2 1 3 14 13 1 7
15 Hayes & Yeading Utd 6 2 1 3 8 15 -7 7
16 York City 6 1 3 2 7 6 1 6
17 Cambridge United 6 1 3 2 5 5 0 6
18 Kettering Town 6 1 3 2 5 5 0 6
19 Barrow FC 6 1 3 2 6 8 -2 6
20 Gateshead FC 5 1 2 2 4 6 -2 5
21 Bath City 6 1 2 3 6 9 -3 5
22 Histon 6 1 2 3 7 11 -4 5
23 Kidderminster Harriers 6 1 2 3 10 15 -5 5
24 Altrincham 6 0 1 5 3 13 -10 1

only team hardly to get a mention are sat proudly above you all, Yellows Yellows,We hate Spirites, mon the Stags :p:D

lutonloyal
31-08-2010, 19:17
Tough weekend for conference clubs, with a game Saturday and a game Monday. In fact a tough start to the season - 6 matches in 16 days.

Back to back wins for Mansfield and Crawley see them join Wimbledon on 13 points - my beloved Wimbledon topping the table for a couple of days after a topsy-turvy game away at Eastbourne on Saturday before drawing 2-2 at home to Newport.

Altrincham are suffering. Marooned on 1 point at the foot of the table.

Seems all is not well at Luton - Manager Richard Money had words with some of the travelling support at their 3-1 defeat at Tamworth

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/luton_town/8956695.stm

It is certainly the hotseat in the conference, the pressure to get promotion will be very intense unless they start running away with the division.

I still fancy them to win it but with the games coming thick and fast, I think there will be a few more weekends like this one for them.

Full fixture list on Saturday....not a massive amount of internationals in this division - Grimsby vs Luton is on the box and Crawley vs. Fleetwood also stands out.

Hi Flawed,
Isn't football a funny old game.
Luton's first 3 games - 9 points, playing cracking football on the floor and looking early season certainties to win the BSP

The next (and last) 3 games - 2 points a missed penalty v Newport
A 3-1 defeat at Tamworth & our manager nearly doing a Cantona at some of our fans behind the dugout.
Then drawing at home to Hayes & Yeading 1-1, a team we beat 8-0 in March!!!!

Bears business, i've applied for Man Utd ticket at Old Trafford and have even tried taking another option, paying £30 to become a Man Utd member.

Booked flight and 2 nights hotel in Valencia £171

Going on the official to Turkey

Off on me hols to Cyprus for a week tomorrow

Luton Loyal

Flawed_Genius
03-09-2010, 13:29
Hi Flawed,
Isn't football a funny old game.
Luton's first 3 games - 9 points, playing cracking football on the floor and looking early season certainties to win the BSP

The next (and last) 3 games - 2 points a missed penalty v Newport
A 3-1 defeat at Tamworth & our manager nearly doing a Cantona at some of our fans behind the dugout.
Then drawing at home to Hayes & Yeading 1-1, a team we beat 8-0 in March!!!!

Bears business, i've applied for Man Utd ticket at Old Trafford and have even tried taking another option, paying £30 to become a Man Utd member.

Booked flight and 2 nights hotel in Valencia £171

Going on the official to Turkey

Off on me hols to Cyprus for a week tomorrow

Luton Loyal

It'd be some side to have notched 6 wins in 16 days - I'm not surprised that Luton dropped a few points along the way. I seem to recall last season that there was some vocal criticism of the management even though they were in touch at the top - was that actually the case?

Envious of the Gers trips - finances are preventing me from getting near any of the CL matches.

Flawed_Genius
03-09-2010, 13:34
Full set of fixtures in the conference this Saturday - it is also Non-League day where football fans are being encouraged to visit their local non-league side as the international fixtures don't clash.

I'd heartily recommend it - you'll most likely be able to have a beer by the ground before and after, see clubs with close community links, hear the players giving each other plenty, stand on the terraces and visit some perculiar and sometimes charmingly ramshackle grounds.

Try it, you might like it ;)

BegglesRFC
03-09-2010, 13:35
Tamworth are my team :D as i live there :p beat luton 3-1 last weekend :cool:

Blags
03-09-2010, 13:39
only team hardly to get a mention are sat proudly above you all, Yellows Yellows,We hate Spirites, mon the Stags :p:D

Well said, hardly getting a mention but looks like Holdsworth may have sorted some of last seasons problems out - early days though!!

kettlebelly
03-09-2010, 13:47
Got a local game tomorrow for the Cod Army away to Crawley.
So far it's a very tight league and no doubts a lots more changes at the top before the end of the season.
Pleased with FTFC start though dropping 3 points to Southport was a scunner.

Cleveleys Loyal

loopyjuice
03-09-2010, 14:05
Off on the long haul to AFC Hayes to watch the mighty Rugby Town this Saturday.

sandbear
03-09-2010, 15:05
All ive got to say on this thread is C'mon you Hatters.

kettlebelly
05-09-2010, 12:04
All ive got to say on this thread is C'mon you Hatters.

Aye and Grimsby sorted you out good and proper:p

Went to Crawley yesterday to see Fleetwood. Good point for the Cod Army considering they lost their keeper through injury in the opening minutes.

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
06-09-2010, 14:53
Aye and Grimsby sorted you out good and proper:p

Went to Crawley yesterday to see Fleetwood. Good point for the Cod Army considering they lost their keeper through injury in the opening minutes.

Cleveleys Loyal

As each week goes by, I wince slightly at my opening post tipping Fleetwood for the drop - more than holding their own and a point at Creepy Crawley is an excellent result under those circumstances.

How have Fleetwood been playing? Are they digging in and battling or are they bossing matches?

Delighted to see the Wombles topping the pile. I do think the fixture list has been kind, but you still have to do the business. Got Bath at home on the weekend before two big tests - trip to Kenilworth Rd to tangle with Luton Town and then Crawley at Kingsmeadow on the Tuesday.

Flawed_Genius
06-09-2010, 14:55
Beeb blog on the Ebsfleet MyFC debacle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/london/hi/front_page/newsid_8967000/8967067.stm

Horrible idea, horrible outcome. Still feel very sorry for the Fleet fans who will be there whilst the club attempts to pick up the pieces.

kettlebelly
06-09-2010, 16:34
As each week goes by, I wince slightly at my opening post tipping Fleetwood for the drop - more than holding their own and a point at Creepy Crawley is an excellent result under those circumstances.

How have Fleetwood been playing? Are they digging in and battling or are they bossing matches?
Delighted to see the Wombles topping the pile. I do think the fixture list has been kind, but you still have to do the business. Got Bath at home on the weekend before two big tests - trip to Kenilworth Rd to tangle with Luton Town and then Crawley at Kingsmeadow on the Tuesday.

I must say that every time this thread pops up I have a grin on my face thinking of your pre season tip for FTFC being relegated:D
So far the Cod Army have been playing really good stuff on the deck and I suppose that is catching the opposition out who probably thought they would be long ball and physical. Micky Mellon FTFC manager has them spot on. Yes he is one of 'them' but we're not slow in reminding him who the Champions are:)
The Cods have so far played 5 games against top 10 teams and are more than holding their own with exception to the gubbing against Luton.
The very astute signing of Magno Viera (sp mistake deliberate) from Ebbsfleet is paying handsome rewards.

Cleveleys Loyal

scottmac
06-09-2010, 23:00
not the best start barrow could of hoped for but were robbed against darlington in a 1-1 draw with a terrible ref and were unlucky in a 1-1 draw away to wrexham aswell the other week (own goal in injury time cost the bluebirds 3 point)

hoping they will stay up

all bluebirds are blue:)

Flawed_Genius
09-09-2010, 14:57
Sad news regarding Ilkeston Town being wound up

http://www.ilkeston-townfc.co.uk/news.php?news_id=2010

I assume all results involving them so far will be expunged in the same way that the Conference did with Chester City last season when they went to the wall.

Not sure if Ilkeston has the fan base or momentum to start again but having witnessed it first hand with Wimbledon and seen other examples such as Scarborough, FCUM, AFC Telford and Chester FC start from scratch, it really can be done.

maccagrfc
09-09-2010, 15:19
very sad news, after previous precedents set, including Farsley Celtic last season, the results will be expunged.

if results are expunged then we face a trip to Hyde on Saturday who will have there only point taken back off them. Hopefully we can get a good result.

kettlebelly
12-09-2010, 10:15
Another comfortable win for the Cod Army. Bring on Grimsby next week.
4-1 victory yesterday despite going one down even though we were in total command.
The game even included a right good 22 man punch up followed by more in the tunnel after the final whistle.
Onwards and upwards for FTFC:D

Cleveleys Loyal

rangeral
12-09-2010, 10:39
Sad news regarding Ilkeston Town being wound up

http://www.ilkeston-townfc.co.uk/news.php?news_id=2010

I assume all results involving them so far will be expunged in the same way that the Conference did with Chester City last season when they went to the wall.

Not sure if Ilkeston has the fan base or momentum to start again but having witnessed it first hand with Wimbledon and seen other examples such as Scarborough, FCUM, AFC Telford and Chester FC start from scratch, it really can be done.

While I have just read this I see they are appealing the decision made last week, on a plus note Eastwood Town for yesterday's game against Gloucester and Notts County v Leyton Orient next week are giving free entry to their games to Ilkestown Season ticket holders nice gesture

rangeral
12-09-2010, 10:43
after yesterday's results

1 AFC Wimbledon 8 6 1 1 17 6 11 19
2 Crawley Town 8 5 2 1 12 5 7 17
3 Mansfield Town 8 5 1 2 14 8 6 16
4 Tamworth 8 4 3 1 14 11 3 15
5 Fleetwood Town 8 4 2 2 13 8 5 14
6 Luton Town 8 4 2 2 13 9 4 14
7 Darlington 8 3 4 1 10 5 5 13
8 Grimsby Town 8 4 1 3 9 9 0 13
9 Newport County 8 2 5 1 11 8 3 11
10 Southport 8 3 2 3 7 7 0 11
11 Kidderminster Harriers 8 3 2 3 15 17 -2 11
12 Gateshead FC 8 3 2 3 7 11 -4 11
13 York City 8 2 4 2 10 7 3 10
14 Barrow FC 8 2 4 2 11 9 2 10
15 Wrexham 8 2 4 2 11 12 -1 10
16 Rushden & Diamonds 8 3 1 4 8 9 -1 10
17 Cambridge United 8 2 3 3 10 7 3 9
18 Forest Green Rovers 8 2 3 3 9 11 -2 9
19 Eastbourne Borough 8 2 2 4 15 18 -3 8
20 Histon 8 2 2 4 9 14 -5 8
21 Hayes & Yeading Utd 8 2 1 5 10 20 -10 7
22 Kettering Town 8 1 3 4 7 11 -4 6
23 Bath City 8 1 3 4 7 14 -7 6
24 Altrincham 8 0 1 7 4 17 -13 1

Flawed_Genius
13-09-2010, 15:13
after yesterday's results

1 AFC Wimbledon 8 6 1 1 17 6 11 19
2 Crawley Town 8 5 2 1 12 5 7 17
3 Mansfield Town 8 5 1 2 14 8 6 16
4 Tamworth 8 4 3 1 14 11 3 15
5 Fleetwood Town 8 4 2 2 13 8 5 14
6 Luton Town 8 4 2 2 13 9 4 14
7 Darlington 8 3 4 1 10 5 5 13
8 Grimsby Town 8 4 1 3 9 9 0 13
9 Newport County 8 2 5 1 11 8 3 11
10 Southport 8 3 2 3 7 7 0 11
11 Kidderminster Harriers 8 3 2 3 15 17 -2 11
12 Gateshead FC 8 3 2 3 7 11 -4 11
13 York City 8 2 4 2 10 7 3 10
14 Barrow FC 8 2 4 2 11 9 2 10
15 Wrexham 8 2 4 2 11 12 -1 10
16 Rushden & Diamonds 8 3 1 4 8 9 -1 10
17 Cambridge United 8 2 3 3 10 7 3 9
18 Forest Green Rovers 8 2 3 3 9 11 -2 9
19 Eastbourne Borough 8 2 2 4 15 18 -3 8
20 Histon 8 2 2 4 9 14 -5 8
21 Hayes & Yeading Utd 8 2 1 5 10 20 -10 7
22 Kettering Town 8 1 3 4 7 11 -4 6
23 Bath City 8 1 3 4 7 14 -7 6
24 Altrincham 8 0 1 7 4 17 -13 1

I'm enjoying that league table no end right now.

Massive run of games for the Wombles coming up - Luton away at Kenilworth Rd on Friday, then Crawley Town the following Thursday (both live on Premier Sports) and a trip to Kidderminster after that.

Luton will be a massive test - despite taking 4 points off them last season, I thought they were a very accomplished side last season.

Crawley will be extremely tough too - big spenders and the games between the sides were very nip and tuck last year having met twice in the league and twice in the cup.

I would've preferred a nice comfortable home fixture after these two but a tricky trip to the midlands is what we've been dealt.

If we can come away with 6 points or more, I would be delighted. Realistically though, I would say 4 points is more likely.

kettlebelly
13-09-2010, 15:21
I'm enjoying that league table no end right now.

Massive run of games for the Wombles coming up - Luton away at Kenilworth Rd on Friday, then Crawley Town the following Thursday (both live on Premier Sports) and a trip to Kidderminster after that.

Luton will be a massive test - despite taking 4 points off them last season, I thought they were a very accomplished side last season.

Crawley will be extremely tough too - big spenders and the games between the sides were very nip and tuck last year having met twice in the league and twice in the cup.

I would've preferred a nice comfortable home fixture after these two but a tricky trip to the midlands is what we've been dealt.

If we can come away with 6 points or more, I would be delighted. Realistically though, I would say 4 points is more likely.

Would be looking forward to seeing Friday nights game but haven't a clue who has this new TV package. Would it be available through either your club's website or on Luton's?
The Crawley game will be another worth watching.
Fleetwood against Cambridge is live on Sunday 10th Oct.

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
13-09-2010, 15:35
Would be looking forward to seeing Friday nights game but haven't a clue who has this new TV package. Would it be available through either your club's website or on Luton's?
The Crawley game will be another worth watching.
Fleetwood against Cambridge is live on Sunday 10th Oct.

Cleveleys Loyal

There was a piece on this Premier Sports lot in the programme at Wimbledon on Saturday. It is only available via Sky at the moment - £6.99 a month. I can't see many pubs forking out for it, nor many non-league fans to be honest. They do a lot of their communications through facebook seemingly.

AFC Wimbledon have an online TV channel but it is only highlights and they usually take a few days to upload so it won't be on there.

kettlebelly
13-09-2010, 15:58
There was a piece on this Premier Sports lot in the programme at Wimbledon on Saturday. It is only available via Sky at the moment - £6.99 a month. I can't see many pubs forking out for it, nor many non-league fans to be honest. They do a lot of their communications through facebook seemingly.

AFC Wimbledon have an online TV channel but it is only highlights and they usually take a few days to upload so it won't be on there.

So would it be just like Box Office on Sky, no need for a 12 month contract?

Cleveleys Loyal

rangeral
13-09-2010, 18:25
So would it be just like Box Office on Sky, no need for a 12 month contract?

Cleveleys Loyal

It will be like ESPN and of course Setanta was a stand alone channel you pay extra for.

kettlebelly
17-09-2010, 15:29
Well this weekend the surprise packet of Blue Sq Bet Premier, FTFC, are on their travels to the home of another of the big guns, our fraternal Cod Heads, Grimsby Town. Two divisions divided the clubs last season and currently FTFC are a point in front though that could change tonight if Luton do some damage to Wimbledon, good chance after their performance at Fleetwood the other week.

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
20-09-2010, 12:27
Men against boys on Friday night - Luton were very comfortable 3-0 winners over Wimbledon in front of over 7,200 supporters.

Massive game against Crawley Town on Thursday now who have replaced us at the summit.

I think having played 5 part time teams in our early fixtures, the tests will start stacking up. Definitely hoping for a big reaction against Steve Evan's Creepy €rawley.

Massively impressed by Tamworth and Fleetwood's starts to the season too - very tight at the top right now.

1 Crawley Town 9 6 2 1 14 6 8 20
2 AFC Wimbledon 9 6 1 2 17 9 8 19
3 Tamworth 9 5 3 1 16 12 4 18
4 Luton Town 9 5 2 2 16 9 7 17
5 Fleetwood Town 9 5 2 2 15 9 6 17
6 Mansfield Town 9 5 1 3 14 9 5 16
7 Darlington 9 3 5 1 12 7 5 14
8 Newport County AFC 9 3 5 1 12 8 4 14
9 Barrow 9 3 4 2 14 9 5 13
10 York City 9 3 4 2 12 7 5 13
11 Grimsby Town 9 4 1 4 10 11 -1 13
12 Southport 9 3 3 3 9 9 0 12
13 Kidderminster Harriers 9 3 3 3 15 17 -2 12
14 Eastbourne Borough 9 3 2 4 20 18 2 11
15 Wrexham 9 2 5 2 12 13 -1 11
16 Rushden & Diamonds 9 3 2 4 10 11 -1 11
17 Gateshead 9 3 2 4 8 13 -5 11
18 Cambridge United 9 2 4 3 10 7 3 10
19 Forest Green Rovers 9 2 3 4 9 14 -5 9
20 Histon 9 2 2 5 10 16 -6 8
21 Kettering Town 9 1 4 4 8 12 -4 7
22 Bath City 9 1 4 4 9 16 -7 7
23 Hayes & Yeading United 9 2 1 6 10 22 -12 7
24 Altrincham 9 0 1 8 4 22 -18 1

kettlebelly
21-09-2010, 20:40
Don't wish to count my chickens etc but the way things are at half time the Cod Army are top of the Blue Sq bet Prem:)
Flawed Genius ...... don't take up full time tipster ahead of your day job. Hopefully you be coming up to Highbury in November

Cleveleys Loyal

GEODGC
21-09-2010, 23:13
Don't wish to count my chickens etc but the way things are at half time the Cod Army are top of the Blue Sq bet Prem:)
Flawed Genius ...... don't take up full time tipster ahead of your day job. Hopefully you be coming up to Highbury in November

Cleveleys Loyal

Spoke too soon mate:D:D, ended the night in 6th place:)

bomba picante
24-09-2010, 16:38
Wimbledon came from behind to beat Crawley last night and are back at the top.

womble 3
24-09-2010, 17:10
Wimbledon came from behind to beat Crawley last night and are back at the top.

sky news featured them this morning

mon the wombles

lutonloyal
24-09-2010, 18:09
Hi Folks

Well its wide open this season. We started off brilliant 3 wins on the trot, then had a blip no wins in 4, 2 great wins including a very impressive performance v Wimbledon and now just drawn at Darlo. Hopeful of beating Gateshead tomorrow and then another vital one at home to Mansfield tues.

Great time at Old Trafford with the Bears, even had 2 tickets, one from Travel Club and one from my joining Man U as a member. The hospitality at Wigan was ace and very welcoming.
Valencia all booked & been told ok for ticket yesterday, due to my 3 points with travel club.
Booked up for Hearts home match in Dec before flying to Bursaspor with The Official on Thomas Cook

Flawed_Genius
27-09-2010, 12:41
Superb night against Crawley made all the better by Steve Evans' histrionics afterwards only to blow it at Kidderminster.

Again the Conference clubs have a massive run of games in a short space of time - still immensely tight at the top too.

Looking forward to back to back home matches against Cambridge and FGR - Need maximum points if we are to keep pace with the front pack.

Flawed_Genius
29-09-2010, 09:34
My red hot tip for relegation, Fleetwood Town, sit proudly at the top of the conference after last night's victory over Barrow!

Willowbankbear
29-09-2010, 11:23
mon Grimsby. Good win last night i believe

kettlebelly
29-09-2010, 12:12
My red hot tip for relegation, Fleetwood Town, sit proudly at the top of the conference after last night's victory over Barrow!

And hopefully it continues.:D A comfortable win last night followed up with a home game on Saturday against Histon, looks a banker but as you've seen so far this season nothing is a gimmee. This is followed by an away trip to the 'Sleeping Giants' of Wrexham.
The following w/e has the Cod Army live against Cambridge on the Sunday afternoon.
I must say that the Blue Sq Prem is a very tight league. There must have been around 8 / 9 different teams so far had a shot atthe top of the league.

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
29-09-2010, 13:01
And hopefully it continues.:D A comfortable win last night followed up with a home game on Saturday against Histon, looks a banker but as you've seen so far this season nothing is a gimmee. This is followed by an away trip to the 'Sleeping Giants' of Wrexham.
The following w/e has the Cod Army live against Cambridge on the Sunday afternoon.
I must say that the Blue Sq Prem is a very tight league. There must have been around 8 / 9 different teams so far had a shot atthe top of the league.

Cleveleys Loyal

It's been a tremendous start to the season, that's for sure.

I'd expect you to beat Histon on the weekend.

The Dons have Cambridge tonight, followed by FGR, both at home. In theory, I'd be expecting two wins there but the performance at Harriers was reportedly very lacklustre.

We then have a trip to Mansfield, who supposedly are getting a bit of a financial injection which might lead to a bit of a spending spree in January. They've got off to a flyer too - think it will be very interesting watching this unfold...

lutonloyal
29-09-2010, 16:36
Incredible game last night Luton 2 Mansfield 0

Ref was a total tit and something i've never seen in nearly 44 years of following Luton, we missed THREE penalties.

Just need to sort out the away form, at Barrow sat, then it's moneybags Crawley at home Tues night.

Come on the Gers tonight! 2-0 to the Bears my prediction.

Flawed_Genius
29-09-2010, 16:43
Incredible game last night Luton 2 Mansfield 0

Ref was a total tit and something i've never seen in nearly 44 years of following Luton, we missed THREE penalties.

Just need to sort out the away form, at Barrow sat, then it's moneybags Crawley at home Tues night.

Come on the Gers tonight! 2-0 to the Bears my prediction.

3 pens missed is unbelievable!

Crawley look a very good side but are a bit shakey at the back. Brodie and Tubbs are a decent pairing up front for them and Sergio Torres runs the show. We mugged them really, which was great as Steve Evans' pitchside and post-match tantrums are fantastic to watch.

Off to Dons vs. Cambridge tonight so will be following the Rangers game on the phone plus updates from my old man. Gutted the matches clash but I've paid good money for the season ticket and I hate missing games so live football it is...

Come on Wombles and come on Rangers!

Flawed_Genius
06-10-2010, 12:12
Big night in the conference last night - the massive crunch of games has thrown up some interesting results.

Crawley showed their title credentials beating Luton 2-1 with a last gasp goal to seal the points having trailed earlier in the game.

Wimbledon bounced back from a lethargic 1-1 draw at home to FGR to demolish promotion contenders Mansfield 5-2 away from home.

Fleetwood have now chalked up back to back draws after last night's 0-0 away at improving Wrexham.

Other newly-promoted highfliers Newport were involved in a 3-3 draw with Eastbourne Boro, whilst Rushden took the points against Darlo.

The table is still tight but Crawley have established a 3 point gap at the top.

At the wrong end of the table, Altrincham are in danger of being cut adrift with just 7 points on the board, 7 points off Hayes & Yeading who sit just outside the relegation zone.

6 points separate 2nd bottom Forest Green from 17th place Southport.

GEODGC
06-10-2010, 14:21
Big night in the conference last night - the massive crunch of games has thrown up some interesting results.

Crawley showed their title credentials beating Luton 2-1 with a last gasp goal to seal the points having trailed earlier in the game.

Wimbledon bounced back from a lethargic 1-1 draw at home to FGR to demolish promotion contenders Mansfield 5-2 away from home.

Fleetwood have now chalked up back to back draws after last night's 0-0 away at improving Wrexham.

Other newly-promoted highfliers Newport were involved in a 3-3 draw with Eastbourne Boro, whilst Rushden took the points against Darlo.

The table is still tight but Crawley have established a 3 point gap at the top.

At the wrong end of the table, Altrincham are in danger of being cut adrift with just 7 points on the board, 7 points off Hayes & Yeading who sit just outside the relegation zone.

6 points separate 2nd bottom Forest Green from 17th place Southport.

:) I was night shift last night and forgot about the Luton v Crawley game, that`s a great result for Crawley considering Luton were the favourites to win the league before a ball was kicked. I`ve got a few quid on Crawley to win the league at 6/1 and a few quid on Tubbs at 7/1 to be top scorer, here`s hoping things continue as they are.

womble 3
06-10-2010, 14:23
good result for the wombles last night disgusted at myself for taking for the draw:mad:

kettlebelly
06-10-2010, 14:56
Decent point for the Cod Army after a dreadful performance on Saturday against Histon.
Listened to the game v Wrexham on the radio and the local commentators couldn't have been more complimentary to FTFC, stated that they were the best visiting team they had seen this season.
Big game this weekend against Cambridge live on telly Sunday 4 o'clock kick off.
We need to finish teams off when we have the upper hand if we want to win the league / play offs. Latest price for us pre last nights game was 16/1 which is worth a small dabble.

Flawed Genius hopefully catch up with you at Highbury when your mob visit on 27/11/10.

Any other visitors to FTFC PM me and I'm sure that we can organise some refreshment time:roll:

Cleveleys Loyal

lutonloyal
06-10-2010, 15:48
:) I was night shift last night and forgot about the Luton v Crawley game, that`s a great result for Crawley considering Luton were the favourites to win the league before a ball was kicked. I`ve got a few quid on Crawley to win the league at 6/1 and a few quid on Tubbs at 7/1 to be top scorer, here`s hoping things continue as they are.

I think your money is safe GEODGC

Was gutted at losing to Crawley last night, especially as their two goals came in the final 10 minutes.

I think our manager Money has cost us the league already. He changes the team with 3 or 4 players EVERY week.

Play Offs at best now.

At least the Bears are keeping me sane. Brilliant performance at Hearts.

Flawed_Genius
15-10-2010, 14:12
Plenty of decent fixtures in the Blue Square Bet Premier this weekend:

Crawley host 3rd place Newport County whilst Wimbledon, fresh from mugging Wrexham last weekend are at home to Gateshead.

Back-to-back defeats for Mansfield have seen them drop to 7th. They take on Darlo who are struggling to assert themselves after dropping out of the league.

Fleetwood travel to bottom feeders Altrincham who have just appointed a new manager.

Latest news from the Conference:

York have appointed Gary Mills as new manager, pinching him from Tamworth who have been punching above their weight so far this season:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/y/york_city/9088094.stm

Mansfield Town's increased financial muscle has seen them take on two new loanees with a view to permanent deals in January - Simon Grand from Fleetwood and Rhys Day from Oxford:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/mansfield_town/9092215.stm

Ken McKenna is the new Altrincham manager:

http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/0,20970,13040_6445376,00.html

Middlesexbear
16-10-2010, 18:33
Wimbledon flying high again as Crawley take a stumble. :)

Flawed_Genius
18-10-2010, 13:42
Wimbledon flying high again as Crawley take a stumble. :)

Oh yes!

The Dons played well on the weekend, showed good patience too. Yakubu's bullet header undoing a decent and well organised Gateshead.

Crawley succumbed to Newport at home in what sounded like a cracker. Newport really are ones to watch - they've dished out more than their fair share of bloody noses, picking up some big points and are now sat 3rd.

Altrincham bagged a much needed win against Fleetwood - the day's biggest surprise.

Luton got back on track with a 4-2 win at Eastbourne Boro whilst a late, late (7th minute of injury time no less) equaliser for Darlington saw Mansfield drop points at Field Mill.

Luton also have a game in hand, at home to FGR on Tuesday - should they win, they are likely to go 3rd.

1 AFC Wimbledon 16 11 2 3 31 16 15 35
2 Crawley Town 16 10 3 3 26 14 12 33
3 Newport County 16 8 6 2 28 17 11 30
4 Luton Town 15 8 3 4 26 16 10 27
5 Fleetwood Town 16 7 6 3 23 15 8 27
6 Rushden & Diamonds 16 8 3 5 21 16 5 27
7 Mansfield Town 16 7 3 6 27 19 8 24
8 Wrexham 16 6 6 4 24 18 6 24
9 Grimsby Town 16 6 5 5 22 21 1 23
10 Kidderminster Harriers 16 6 5 5 24 26 -2 23
11 Gateshead 16 6 4 6 17 19 -2 22
12 Kettering Town 16 5 6 5 19 21 -2 21
13 Darlington 16 4 8 4 17 14 3 20
14 Tamworth 16 5 5 6 25 29 -4 20
15 Eastbourne Borough 16 5 4 7 32 36 -4 19
16 York City 16 4 6 6 17 21 -4 18
17 Histon 16 5 3 8 18 27 -9 18
18 Cambridge United 16 4 5 7 19 18 1 17
19 Southport 16 4 5 7 15 18 -3 17
20 Hayes & Yeading 16 5 2 9 17 29 -12 17
21 Bath City 15 3 7 5 18 23 -5 16
22 Barrow 16 3 6 7 18 22 -4 15
23 Forest Green Rovers 15 2 5 8 17 28 -11 11
24 Altrincham 15 2 4 9 14 32 -18 10

16 games gone and I am delighted with Wimbledon's progress and position. I have to say though, I am sceptical that we can sustain that position - We've been a bit hot and cold as you would expect given the number of matches in short bursts at this level and the squad, whilst talented, lacks a little depth in places.

I'd imagine come May, Luton and Crawley will be squabbling over top spot and Wimbledon will be in the play off mix.

Aside from Luton vs FGR on Tuesday, the conference has a week off for the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Rd

Flawed_Genius
21-10-2010, 10:20
Latest Conference News
Luton thumped FGR 6-1 on Tuesday night to move within 5 points of the leaders AFC Wimbledon (did I mention Wimbledon are top by the way? :D )

Fleetwood have signed Sean Gregan on loan from Oldham (ex PNE, West Brom and Leeds midfielder) is big news and should add some steel and experience to the side

And Crawley's rather arrogantly named 'Project Promotion' may gather further momentum with the news that they are trying to bring in ex-Arsenal man Robert Pires. Surely not?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crawley_town/9112362.stm

Reg_Shoe
21-10-2010, 13:25
Latest Conference News
Luton thumped FGR 6-1 on Tuesday night to move within 5 points of the leaders AFC Wimbledon (did I mention Wimbledon are top by the way? :D )

Fleetwood have signed Sean Gregan on loan from Oldham (ex PNE, West Brom and Leeds midfielder) is big news and should add some steel and experience to the side

And Crawley's rather arrogantly named 'Project Promotion' may gather further momentum with the news that they are trying to bring in ex-Arsenal man Robert Pires. Surely not?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crawley_town/9112362.stm

It was reported in the Crawley Observer about Pires

http://www.crawleyobserver.co.uk/sport/football/crawley-fc/crawley_town_hope_to_sign_robert_pires_1_1576315

maccagrfc
26-10-2010, 10:52
Alrite luton loyal, i see the fa cup draw has pitted your team away to us. Hopefully be a good game and we can get another famous cup win against you!

Flawed_Genius
27-10-2010, 11:59
Good article on FC United of Manchester in the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2010/oct/27/fc-united-of-manchester

The singing, including some golden oldies which date many fans as Stretford End and United Road veterans of the 1970s and 80s, have a joy, as well as defiance, about them. The banners – Making Friends Not Millionaires, said one; Pies not Prawns, said another – have a laugh, too. There is a tangible relish among FCUM fans about being free from the features of modern football which got them down, even as their own club was cleaning up.

An excellent achievement in beating Barrow to make the first round proper. Rewarded with a tie away at League One Rochdale, live on ESPN.

defender
27-10-2010, 12:30
Good thread, feel obliged to wave the flag for Crawley here as I am a 25 minute drive from them.

Looks like a battle between them and AFC Wombledon

Flawed_Genius
01-11-2010, 17:39
Couldn't make the home tie with Darlo on Saturday - seems the ref wasn't popular as the visitors ran out 2-0 winners, with Crawley reclaiming top spot with an emphatic 4-1 win away at Mansfield Town.

Luton's home win over Bath City has tightened things at the top.

Newport suffered a rare defeat, with Fleetwood and Rushden winning to move onto 30 points, just 6 off the top spot.

Altrincham's change of manager continues to pay dividends, another victory sees them close the gap, but still remain bottom of the pile.

Only a couple of Conference fixtures coming this weekend with the FA Cup 1st Rd involving most conference clubs.

scottmac
01-11-2010, 20:37
Good article on FC United of Manchester in the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2010/oct/27/fc-united-of-manchester

An excellent achievement in beating Barrow to make the first round proper. Rewarded with a tie away at League One Rochdale, live on ESPN.

was in Bury for their FA Cup game against Barrow (in the Barrow end). good atmosphere from both sets of fans, non-stop singing for the whole game, flags, smoke cannisters etc

bad game from a barrow point of view though getting beat by a team 2 leagues below. poor football on the pitch and to behonest deserved to get beat. this ended up in fans turning against each other and one lad who set off a smoke bomb in our end ended up getting chucked out as barrow fans were pointing at him and singing "chuck him out". bit harsh on the lad considering fc united let a few off when they scored and nothing was done, and getting one of your own kicked out is a bit harsh aswell! :confused:

Flawed_Genius
16-11-2010, 11:25
Tight at both ends of the conference with just 7 points separating 1st and 6th, whilst the same amount of points separates the bottom 8.

Crawley have a game in hand, and could go two points clear at the summit should they win that.

Full programme of fixtures this weekend but some FA Cup replays to look forward to for non-league sides.

Ebbsfleet's team talk has been written for them ahead of Thursday's replay (live on ESPN) with Wimbledon by the press coverage about a potential Wimbledon-Franchise clash.

Woking take on Brighton at Kingfield tonight live on ESPN - The FA Cup really put Woking's name on the map all those years ago when they beat West Brom 4-2, with Tim Buzaglo bagging a hat trick. A win against the odds tonight will set up a tie with FCUM.

Fleetwood travel to Walsall hoping for an upset whilst Vauxhall Motors host Hartlepool.

On Wednesday Luton take on Corby at Kenilworth Rd and York play Rotherham.

Raoul Duke
16-11-2010, 11:30
AFC Wimbledon top but I still fancy Grimsby to win it

kettlebelly
16-11-2010, 12:29
AFC Wimbledon top but I still fancy Grimsby to win it

Grimsby to win the Blue Square:eek: Not much chance there.

Best of luck to the Real Cod Army (FTFC) tonight in their replay against Walsall. Hopefully a trip to the English Riveria against Torquay in the next round. Followed by the big guns in Round 3.

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
16-11-2010, 12:36
Grimsby to win the Blue Square:eek: Not much chance there.

Best of luck to the Real Cod Army (FTFC) tonight in their replay against Walsall. Hopefully a trip to the English Riveria against Torquay in the next round. Followed by the big guns in Round 3.

Cleveleys Loyal

Good luck tonight KB - Hoping a few non-league sides do the business and create a stir in the competition this season. I genuinely love the FA Cup so hoping for a few tales of romance.

My ideal scenario would be to beat Ebbsfleet, beat Stevenage ;) then get Liverpool at Anfield for a Wembley 88 replay.

Likely scenario, lose to Ebbsfleet, Franchise get to third round, draw Liverpool :eek:

kettlebelly
16-11-2010, 12:45
Good luck tonight KB - Hoping a few non-league sides do the business and create a stir in the competition this season. I genuinely love the FA Cup so hoping for a few tales of romance.

My ideal scenario would be to beat Ebbsfleet, beat Stevenage ;) then get Liverpool at Anfield for a Wembley 88 replay.

Likely scenario, lose to Ebbsfleet, Franchise get to third round, draw Liverpool :eek:

Not wanting to take Franchise on then? Read in the Non League paper at the w/e that your support are split on getting them next round. If you do both qualify hopefully you whip their ass, it will be live on the box no doubt.
I'm stuck in a quandry as the date for the next round is 27/11/10, same day FTFC are due to play AFC at Highbury, the Fleetwood one.
My grandkids are team mascots that day and we've sponsored the match on their behalf so a big party is on the cards.
All will unfold tonight and I might drop into Ebbsfleet for tonights game as it's only along the road from where I'm working.

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
16-11-2010, 12:59
Not wanting to take Franchise on then? Read in the Non League paper at the w/e that your support are split on getting them next round. If you do both qualify hopefully you whip their ass, it will be live on the box no doubt.
I'm stuck in a quandry as the date for the next round is 27/11/10, same day FTFC are due to play AFC at Highbury, the Fleetwood one.
My grandkids are team mascots that day and we've sponsored the match on their behalf so a big party is on the cards.
All will unfold tonight and I might drop into Ebbsfleet for tonights game as it's only along the road from where I'm working.

Cleveleys Loyal

I do and I don't want to play them.

My main concern is that it re-opens old wounds and I do fear the potential for trouble and that we might lose a lot of goodwill that we've built up over the years.

The other part of me would fancy a crack at them and to hopefully beat them for the atmosphere and occasion but there is that nagging concern still...

Ebbsfleet is Thursday so don't go along tonight!

I'm in Nottingham with work this week so will be missing out.

I'm also in Berlin on the weekend of the potential Franchise cup tie (or league game at Highbury) as ITV are screening it regardless of the outcome of the replays and the time has been set for the lunchtime KO on the 27th. An extra reason to hope it is Stevenage!

Nice touch with the Grandkids - hope they enjoy their day, whenever that will be, cup ties permitting and all that.

kettlebelly
17-11-2010, 16:16
Thanks for info re Thursday night switch. Didn't know it was on ESPN live.
Well after last nights result for FTFC I hope AFC get beat against Ebbsfleet;)
all for family matters of course.
Looks as though I'll have to get along and support Ebbsfleet who I've been told are playing quite well this season. I'm sure they need the round 2 live TV money more than 'the big time charlies' from Kingsmeadow;)
Now franchise fc are out the pressure is off AFC and I reckon you'll coast through to Round 2 where you have a reasonable chance against Stevenage.

3rd round tie away to Liverpool wwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhoooooooppppppppppeeeeeeeee

Cleveleys Loyal

Walsall Loyal
17-11-2010, 16:21
Best of luck to the Real Cod Army (FTFC) tonight in their replay against Walsall.

Unlucky by all accounts, never bothered going but could have been a few goals up at HT. Only better finishing and a good performance from the GK Jimmy Walker prevented Fleetwood from progressing

Flawed_Genius
17-11-2010, 17:32
Thanks for info re Thursday night switch. Didn't know it was on ESPN live.
Well after last nights result for FTFC I hope AFC get beat against Ebbsfleet;)
all for family matters of course.
Looks as though I'll have to get along and support Ebbsfleet who I've been told are playing quite well this season. I'm sure they need the round 2 live TV money more than 'the big time charlies' from Kingsmeadow;)
Now franchise fc are out the pressure is off AFC and I reckon you'll coast through to Round 2 where you have a reasonable chance against Stevenage.

3rd round tie away to Liverpool wwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhoooooooppppppppppeeeeeeeee

Cleveleys Loyal

Very pleased with Stevenage doing the business last night - hoping for the win tomorrow but you're right, Ebbsfleet have started well. They have to ex-Wombles in Paul Lorraine and Derek Duncan who will be out to get one over on us plus have home advantage so I see this as far from straightforward, but never-the-less, I'm hopeful.

Stevenage were brutes last season. They brushed us aside with ease but again, should we get through, I am relatively hopeful.

Tuned in to watch Woking last night - they were unlucky but the penalty shoot out was a bridge too far - they looked exhausted and overwhelmed by the opportunity.

lutonloyal
17-11-2010, 17:47
Alrite luton loyal, i see the fa cup draw has pitted your team away to us. Hopefully be a good game and we can get another famous cup win against you!

Alright macc

Couldn't make the Corby game as we were only given 400 odd tickets and they went on sale the day i flew to Valencia with the Bears.

I'm going to the replay tonight, may the best team win!

Only ever been to Corby once, that was at The Rangers Supporters Club in 1985 on the night of Live Aid. While the rest of the world were watching that, us Luton and Corby Bears were having a Sash bash and giving it loud.

Big week coming up next month, fly to Glasgow 3/12 - Hearts at Ibrox on the Sat - then fly from Glasgow early Mon to Bursa - back early Wed- first flight home to Luton - Bed with wrecked liver!

lutonloyal

Thornton1873
17-11-2010, 18:05
I know it's conference North but hopefully we'll see AFC Telford join the Premier next season. Can see Adam Proudlock firing them to the title this season. IF they get the better of Alfreton of course...

charing
18-11-2010, 11:28
A heads up for AFC Wimbledon well-wishers..

Tonight's FA Cup replay at Ebbsfleet is live on ESPN tonight 7.45 k.o.

Happily the prospect of having to play MK Dons in the next round has evaporated- well done to Stevenage.

C'mon the Dons!

lutonloyal
18-11-2010, 16:19
Alright macc

Couldn't make the Corby game as we were only given 400 odd tickets and they went on sale the day i flew to Valencia with the Bears.

I'm going to the replay tonight, may the best team win!

Only ever been to Corby once, that was at The Rangers Supporters Club in 1985 on the night of Live Aid. While the rest of the world were watching that, us Luton and Corby Bears were having a Sash bash and giving it loud.

Big week coming up next month, fly to Glasgow 3/12 - Hearts at Ibrox on the Sat - then fly from Glasgow early Mon to Bursa - back early Wed- first flight home to Luton - Bed with wrecked liver!

lutonloyal

maccagrfc

Dont know if you went last night, but the Corby fans did you proud, non stop singing all 90 min's, cap doffed.

As for the result, i'm truly not joking when i say 14-2 would have been a truer score line on reflection of the play, not 4-2 as it was.

maccagrfc
18-11-2010, 17:21
I was there, i do the reporting for corby radio but gave up my free ticket in the pressbox to pay and sit in the away end. Ref was awful but with 11 men it could have been 6-0 and with 10 it could have been atleast double figures. Could tell your gameplan a mile off when we had 10 men but couldnt deal with it. Drury was brilliant yet even he was denied from 6 yards by the man of the match. Even though he conceded 4 Mckenzie was amazing last night.

Our away support is always better than at home but with over 500 there last night it was even better with all the fans joining in with the dale cavese chant. Even when your 3rd went in after 10 minutes of us singing that we still didnt break the song and carried on for another 10.

All the best in the next few round(S)

I think you deserve to go up as you are a tidy outfit with some quality players and without knowing too much detail of the other teams i think it could come down to 2 from 3 between yourselves, afc and crawley.
Hopefully we will meet again soon and i wont be working and we can meet up for a drink as it would be nice to meet other non league gers fans.

Moving on Thornton you going to the fa trophy game saturday at the new bucks head. Would have preferred a better draw if im being honest but i celebrated my 21st birthday at your ground with a 4-2 victory last year and we always have good banter on the terraces at your ground.

Flawed_Genius
18-11-2010, 17:49
Mansfield Town and manager David Holdsworth have parted company this afternoon.

I'm a little surprised as they are a good outfit but one win in eight has obviously been a catalyst. They have the potential to spend big in January as the new owners are reportedly looking to plough some cash in so it will be an attractive job for some lower level bosses - they are only 4 points off the playoffs too.

Still on The Stags, there is an interesting article here on how the new owners are going after the old owner, Keith Haslam.

In a nutshell, Mansfield have been in debt and it was worsened when Haslam appeared to pay himself/ allegedly paid his own company a £2.44m dividend. He then bought the ground, sold the club and charges them rent.

I hope their new owners get to the bottom of this very shady situation - too many lower league and non-league sides get screwed over in situations like this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2010/nov/17/mansfield-town-dividend-keith-haslam

Mansfield Town, Keith Haslam and that controversial dividend

The new owner of a club that fell on hard times is investigating the circumstances around a dividend which Field Mill devotees believe should not have been paid out

lutonloyal
18-11-2010, 18:11
I was there, i do the reporting for corby radio but gave up my free ticket in the pressbox to pay and sit in the away end. Ref was awful but with 11 men it could have been 6-0 and with 10 it could have been atleast double figures. Could tell your gameplan a mile off when we had 10 men but couldnt deal with it. Drury was brilliant yet even he was denied from 6 yards by the man of the match. Even though he conceded 4 Mckenzie was amazing last night.

Our away support is always better than at home but with over 500 there last night it was even better with all the fans joining in with the dale cavese chant. Even when your 3rd went in after 10 minutes of us singing that we still didnt break the song and carried on for another 10.

All the best in the next few round(S)

I think you deserve to go up as you are a tidy outfit with some quality players and without knowing too much detail of the other teams i think it could come down to 2 from 3 between yourselves, afc and crawley.
Hopefully we will meet again soon and i wont be working and we can meet up for a drink as it would be nice to meet other non league gers fans.

Moving on Thornton you going to the fa trophy game saturday at the new bucks head. Would have preferred a better draw if im being honest but i celebrated my 21st birthday at your ground with a 4-2 victory last year and we always have good banter on the terraces at your ground.

No Probs macca
Thanks for the praise. Yes Drury is class and far to good for this league, as are more than a few of our players. We simply HAVE to go up this season and from what i have seen so far this season, think we will. I just hope AFC join us and not moneybags Crawley

kettlebelly
18-11-2010, 18:14
No Probs macca
Thanks for the praise. Yes Drury is class and far to good for this league, as are more than a few of our players. We simply HAVE to go up this season and from what i have seen so far this season, think we will. I just hope AFC join us and not moneybags Crawley

If Micky Mellon can get Magno Viera fit again I think you better fling FTFC into that equation.

Cleveleys Loyal

kettlebelly
19-11-2010, 08:07
F_G

Well done to AFC and all the best in the next round against Stevenage.

Well that's my big family day out the window next Saturday:( Hopefully it can be rearranged for another Saturday as a mid week night game won't be the same.

FTFC will just have to turn over Bath City this Saturday in order to keep themselves in the promotion hunt.

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
29-11-2010, 18:21
Sadly the cup dream is over for AFC Wimbledon.

Back to the bread and butter tomorrow with a potentially cracking clash vs. Luton.

Hopefully the weather holds and the game is playable. I think this is a massive test of what this Wimbledon side are made of. We were outclassed at Kenilworth Rd earlier this season - Luton were good value for their 3-0 win - but we've kept ticking along and are still up there.

Can't say I fancy us for the win mind, we're a little out of sorts as the post-Ebbsfleet tie vs. Kettering demonstrated. Raced into a 3-0 lead to hang on 2nd half as the Poppies bagged 2 goals.

lutonloyal
30-11-2010, 00:10
Sadly the cup dream is over for AFC Wimbledon.

Back to the bread and butter tomorrow with a potentially cracking clash vs. Luton.

Hopefully the weather holds and the game is playable. I think this is a massive test of what this Wimbledon side are made of. We were outclassed at Kenilworth Rd earlier this season - Luton were good value for their 3-0 win - but we've kept ticking along and are still up there.

Can't say I fancy us for the win mind, we're a little out of sorts as the post-Ebbsfleet tie vs. Kettering demonstrated. Raced into a 3-0 lead to hang on 2nd half as the Poppies bagged 2 goals.

Hi Flawed,
The games off tomorrow mate.
I was at Charlton on Sat and honestly we played brilliant. If we play as good in the replay we can beat the Addicks to get a glory tie at Spurs.
The crowd at Charlton was only 8,682, but we filled the away stand with 3,400 Hatters fans.

Flying up Friday for the Hearts match(well i hope so,weather permitting) and then from Glasgow to Bursa on Monday. Was a bit gutted about missing the Charlton replay, but it's been moved to the Thursday & it's on EPSN - RESULT

maccagrfc
01-12-2010, 14:11
Think both replays chose for tv will be crackers, 2 non league sides against the best 2 sides in the competition at present and both have good draws if they get through.

Flawed_Genius
22-12-2010, 13:09
It's been a cracking season so far in the conference - absolutely delighted that AFC Wimbledon sit top of the tree at Christmas, big thanks to Santa, Terry Brown and Danny Kedwell!

Under no illusions that it could well be big spenders Crawley had they played their game in hand.

It is still very tight with only 7 points separating Kidderminster in 6th and the top spot - Luton, Newport and Fleetwood all very good sides and hopefully the title run in will be as exciting as the opening months of the season.

There is a bumper Xmas programme with a full fixture card on Boxing Day, 28th December and January 1st - should the weather permit, it could be a huge period - 9 points for any side will undoubtedly establish genuine title credentials.

After my disasterous tips at the start of the season, I think I will stick my neck out and say Luton to win it, Creepy Crawley to win the playoffs and AFC Wimbledon to win the FA Trophy.

Flawed_Genius
29-12-2010, 11:35
The weather played havoc with the post-Xmas schedule with no fixtures taking place on Boxing Day and only 5 matches surviving the cold yesterday.

Wimbledon were 3-0 winners over ten-man Eastbourne to lead the table as we enter the new year but the scoreline is a little misleading as we were far from convincing. Need 3 points on New Year's Day over H&Y because the run of games after that will be extremely challenging.

Newport County's impressive form continued with a very good win away at Kidderminster to move 2nd in the table.

Quite brilliantly, Harriers' Chris McPhee missed the game because he got the kick off times wrong! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/k/kidderminster_harriers/9325865.stm

Crawley and Luton, 3rd and 4th respectively, did not play but Fleetwood sit in fifth having run out 2-0 winners over Southport.

FGR picked up an important win in the Derby del a'scrumpy against Bath City and Mansfield thumped Cambridge.

Blue Square Premier table
Tuesday, 28 December 2010 17:03 UK

P GD PTS
1 Wimbledon 21 17 44

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Newport County 23 13 41
3 Crawley Town 19 22 40
4 Luton 20 21 39
5 Fleetwood T 22 12 37

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Mansfield 22 11 34
7 Kidderminster 22 0 34
8 Wrexham 21 8 33
9 Rushden & D 21 5 32
10 Grimsby 20 4 29
11 Darlington 20 5 27
12 Bath City 22 -5 27
13 Cambridge 22 2 26
14 York 21 1 26
15 Gateshead 20 -3 25
16 Kettering 20 -4 25
17 Forest Green 22 -12 23
18 Barrow 20 -6 22
19 Tamworth 20 -7 22
20 Eastbourne B 22 -9 22

21 Hayes & Y 22 -19 20
22 Histon 20 -15 19
23 Southport 21 -10 18
24 Altrincham 21 -31 14

kettlebelly
29-12-2010, 12:24
Was at FTFC yesterday where a good performance against Southport gave the Cod Army their first win at home since Sept. With the second half of fixtures to be played they are looking good for a minimum of a play off place (at least):roll:
January's games are all winable though away to Mansfield and rearranged home match against AFC will be tough.
Hopefully I'll make it up the road for midweek game on the 18th v AFC but it all depends on work.

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
05-01-2011, 14:47
Continues to be very tight at the top with wins for Wimbledon, Crawley, Luton and Fleetwood on New Year's Day, with Newport surprisingly falling to a defeat at home to Bath.

No rest for the wicked and a couple of days later the Conference was back in action. Wimbledon staged a 2nd half comeback from 3-1 down away in snowy Newport to snatch a point in a 3-3 draw that really could've gone either way.

This allowed Crawley and Luton to narrow the gap, both chalking up away wins with the gap between the top 3 standing at just 3 points.

P GD PTS

1 Wimbledon 23 19 48
2 Crawley Town 21 27 46
3 Luton 22 25 45
4 Newport County 25 12 42
5 Fleetwood T 23 13 40
6 Kidderminster 24 1 38
7 Wrexham 23 10 37
8 Grimsby 22 14 35

Fixture congestion could well play a part - plenty of games to be squeezed in. Crawley are on cup duty on Monday night vs Derby on ESPN, the rest of the top 5 all playing twice before Crawley resume league duty.

tamjaws
05-01-2011, 15:53
Hope that Grimsby come back up. Watched them pre-season, 2009/10 v Leeds, and have had a soft spot for them ever since. Very welcoming club, though I wish me and my sons had been in the Leeds end. It was jumping. :D

maccagrfc
05-01-2011, 15:56
Remember seeing a telford fan post on here. Did you go to nuneaton Monday, for anybody that doesn't know what happened:

Six people have been arrested after disorder broke out following a football match in Warwickshire.

Nuneaton Town FC said it was investigating the incident which happened after its home match against AFC Telford United on Monday.

Telford fans said some of them were hurt when they were hit with stones and bottles as they left the ground at Liberty Way after the goalless draw.

Warwickshire Police said the arrests were for disorder offences.

Rob Palin, who organises away travel for Telford fans, said: "Some of the people who got to the coach first were forced to effectively lie down on the floor while the coaches was stoned, bricked - to avoid the onslaught that was coming from the so-called Nuneaton fans.

"They were obviously very, very shook-up and yes, some people are quite badly upset."

'Small minority'

One Telford fan, 19-year-old Ross Crowson, said he was hit after bottles, paint cans, tyres and glass were thrown by rival fans.

"I just laid on the floor and people were trying to pick me back up. I've got a lump on my head," he said.

"I'm a bit shaken up and I just can't believe it."

A police spokeswoman said six people were being interviewed after an "incident of disorder".

She said Nuneaton CID particularly wanted to hear from anyone who photographed or filmed the disruption.

Nuneaton Town FC said it was "saddened" by the events and was investigating.

It said in a statement that it called police to the ground at 1631 GMT "following the actions of a small minority of males inside the ground".

It said anyone identified as being involved in the disorder would be banned from the ground.

"The officer dealing with the incident has told the club that the offenders most certainly never came to the club to watch football," a spokesman added.

Flawed_Genius
05-01-2011, 16:55
Hope that Grimsby come back up. Watched them pre-season, 2009/10 v Leeds, and have had a soft spot for them ever since. Very welcoming club, though I wish me and my sons had been in the Leeds end. It was jumping. :D

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they get their act together and make the play-offs to be honest (2nd - 5th places play-off for the 2nd promotion spot) but the teams above them have been very consistent.

They've yet to play Wimbledon so I've not seen them this season but it certainly takes the ex-league sides a while to find their feet, for example Darlo are sat in 11th at the moment having fallen through the trapdoor with Grimsby last season.

Flawed_Genius
13-01-2011, 15:45
With Crawley's cup heroics (I'll admit to that sticking in the throat) on Monday night, Dean Holdsworth moving on from Newport to Aldershot and a few new signings the bread and butter of the league got back on track on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Cracking bouncebackability from Fleetwood, who humped Mansfield 5-2 away, Kidderminster kept up the pressure on the teams in the play off spots with a 4-1 win over Kettering, Newport losing to Tamworth and York beating Grimsby before attention turned to:

1st vs. 3rd - Wimbledon vs. Luton.

Prior to the game, the Dons had a 3 point lead over the Hatters, with the Bedfordshire side having a game in hand and had schooled the Dons with a 3-0 win at Kenilworth Rd earlier in the season.

Wimbledon's biggest crowd of the season (4,287) packed into Kingsmeadow for a tense and rather scrappy affair. Both sides forced good saves from the opposition goal keeper in the first half, Seb Brown in the sticks for the Dons being the busier of the two.

That continued in the 2nd half as Luton got on top - Brown denying Luton time and again, as did the woodwork - twice.

Sadly, from my perspective, Wimbledon threaten little in the 2nd half bar the odd half chance and on the balance of play, we really mugged Luton for a point that suited neither side.

Crawley will have an almighty fixture pile up with their cup run continuing but they have 4 games in hand and 4 points to make up at the top of the pile.

Also, hats off to the blokes next to me who tried in vain to start a chant for new Wimbledon centre-half Jamie Stuart:

To the tune of Cornershop's Brim Full of Asher

We've got Jamie Stuart, and he loves the Dons;
We've got Jamie Stuart, and he loves the Dons;

Everybody needs a nutter in the middle;
Everybody needs a nutter!

Everybody needs a nutter in the middle;
Everybody needs a nutter!

Needless to say, it didn't catch on!

FA Trophy resumes this weekend including a derby of sorts as Wimbledon host Woking and Luton have Uxbridge.

Meanwhile in the league there are just 3 fixtures, with Crawley hosting Kettering, Barrow play Kidderminster and York City travel to Histon

kettlebelly
15-01-2011, 11:43
Flawed

Are you coming up on Tuesday night for FTFC game?
After the thrashing the Cods gave Mansfield I'm getting more confident that we'll yake the 3 points from you ..................... hope that prediction doesn't come back and haunt me ......... you know just like yours about relegation tips:angel:

Cleveleys Loyal

kettlebelly
18-01-2011, 22:50
Flawed

Did you make it up to Fleetwood? Couldn't get time off myself so had to make do with listening to the Dons live radio and reading the text report on FTFC Cod cast.
Seems you were quick lucky to get away with a point and obviously the other results went against you as well.
I'll let you do the round up on tonights matches and hopefully I'll catch you for the game at Kingsmeadow .......... maybe even the play offs even better at COM stadium:roll:

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
19-01-2011, 18:48
Flawed

Did you make it up to Fleetwood? Couldn't get time off myself so had to make do with listening to the Dons live radio and reading the text report on FTFC Cod cast.
Seems you were quick lucky to get away with a point and obviously the other results went against you as well.
I'll let you do the round up on tonights matches and hopefully I'll catch you for the game at Kingsmeadow .......... maybe even the play offs even better at COM stadium:roll:

Cleveleys Loyal

No - wasn't well but midweek away matches are not really a goer unless they are local anyway.

Stats seemed like we got away with it a bit - was very hopeful when Kedwell scored but not to be. How has Gregan settled in? Can't help feeling we're missing that type of player.

We've had 4 tough league ties on the bounce, Newport and Darlo away, Luton at home and then obviously this trip to Fleetwood. 4 draws isn't promotion form and the fear that Crawley will come into their own now is coming true - still hoping they have a fixture pile-up but really, I can only see Luton catching them.

Interesting one is Wrexham - slowly but surely crept up the table and are now in 5th, sneaking ahead of Newport.

lutonloyal
19-01-2011, 23:40
Watched us thrash York 5-0 last night. Nice to see 5 different goal scorers, although when their keeper was sent off early on (with no keeper on the subs bench) there was only going to be one winner.

I have to say that i fear Crawley are going to be uncatchable. Games in hand AND points clear of both us and Wimbledon. The only hope is they get knackered in their cup runs.
But they just don't drop points!

GEODGC
20-01-2011, 00:00
Watched us thrash York 5-0 last night. Nice to see 5 different goal scorers, although when their keeper was sent off early on (with no keeper on the subs bench) there was only going to be one winner.

I have to say that i fear Crawley are going to be uncatchable. Games in hand AND points clear of both us and Wimbledon. The only hope is they get knackered in their cup runs.
But they just don't drop points!

I`m hoping it`s going to be Crawleys league, i`ve got £15 on them to win the league at 6/1 and £15 on Tubbs to be the leagues top scorer at 7/1. Do you think he will stay with them? He`s banging the goals in and my biggest fear is a team from a higher league snapping him up.

Flawed_Genius
20-01-2011, 13:23
I`m hoping it`s going to be Crawleys league, i`ve got £15 on them to win the league at 6/1 and £15 on Tubbs to be the leagues top scorer at 7/1. Do you think he will stay with them? He`s banging the goals in and my biggest fear is a team from a higher league snapping him up.

They've got some serious cash and won't be selling.

They reportedly turned down a big offer for Brodie (who they paid £250,000 for from York) from a League One side so think unless a Championship side came in for Tubbs, he'll be there come the end of the season.

Your bets look very good right now.

Flawed_Genius
20-01-2011, 13:27
Other non-league news:

Woking have sacked Graham Baker

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/9366916.stm

Speaking to a mate who is a Woking fan, Baker has split the support due to some strange substitutions and tactics and has fallen out with the board having been asked to work with an even smaller budget next season.

They are floundering in mid-table but have had a decent FA Cup run, taking Brighton to penalties in the 1st round and recently dumped AFC Wimbledon out of the FA Trophy away from home.

I think it is a foolish move by the Woking board though as he was previously the youth team coach and has a young squad, hence the inconsistency in the league. He knows the youngsters well and has shown signs of getting the best out of them.

I fear for them - one of the traditional big names of non-league football. In serious need of a magician and/or a sugar-daddy.

kettlebelly
20-01-2011, 14:05

Tubbs and penalties:( Magno Vieira has 17 league goals and none from pens, maybe ccause FTFC haven't been awarded any.

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
25-01-2011, 16:45
Wimbledon returned to the top of the table having dished out a 5-0 thumping to struggling Southport

http://www.southportfc.net/uploads/news/Wimbledon%20v%20SFC%20(47)%20%5B800x600%5D.jpg

Luton pulled back a 2-0 deficit at home to Gateshead but had to be content with a point whilst Grimsby held Crawley Town to a goalless draw at Blundell Park.

Fleetwood were held by Hayes & Yeading and Wrexham notched up a win against Cambridge to go 4th.

Plenty of fixtures in the BSBP tonight too - Crawley are at home to Cambridge, Luton play Grimsby at Kenilworth Rd, Wimbledon are away to Bath and Fleetwood travel to Kettering.

In other news, Histon are now well adrift at the bottom of the division with themselves and Kidderminster both being deducted 5 points for submitting misleading financial information. This dents Harriers' playoff ambitions leaving them 5 points off play off contention.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/9369219.stm

Hayes & Yeading have signed much-travelled and accidental television wang flasher Jefferson Louis - they'll be hoping his goals can steer them clear on the drop zone.

Steve Evans is still looking to add to his Crawley Town squad.

And transfer-listed Chris McPhee has stated his desire to stay at Kidderminster.

AL_Bundy
25-01-2011, 21:27
C'Mon The Wombles

Feck Franchise Fc

:)

Agree mate hope the original Wimbeldon get promoted this season and as a Notts County fan i hope the scum that is Mansfailed Town rot in that league forever and a day cannot stand them and there inbred fans it was one of the best days off my life when those scumbags got relegated to the Blue square.

GEODGC
25-01-2011, 23:39
Good night for Crawley with Wimbledon dropping points.:)

Flawed_Genius
26-01-2011, 15:22
Yes, as GEODGC points out, Creepy Crawley are back on top after a convincing 3-0 win over Cambridge Utd at Broadfield

http://www.theargus.co.uk/resources/images/1549650/?type=display

Wimbledon surrendered a 2-0 half time lead away at Bath City to draw 2-2, handing back the lead at the top of the table to the Sussex club, with Luton narrowing the gap on 2nd spot to 2 points with a game in hand after over-coming Grimsby 1-0 at Kenilworth Road.

Kettering turned up a surprise beating playoff hopefuls Fleetwood 2-1 but Mansfield failed to take advantage of this slip after drawing 0-0 with Darlington.

http://i.thisis.co.uk/275583/article/images/3145429/1943073-vlarge.jpg

In the big game at the bottom, Altrincham picked up a vital 3 points with a 4-2 win over Hayes & Yeading having trailed to a Jefferson Louis opener on his debut for the away side.

Top spot is up for grabs this weekend as Crawley concentrate on an FA Cup 4th round tie with Torquay.

Playoff hopefuls Mansfield and Wrexham go head to head on Saturday, whilse stuttering Newport can get their playoff campaign back on track when they play bottom side Histon.

At the bottom, Altrincham get the opportunity to haul Barrow back into the relegation mix when they clash at Holker Street.

maccagrfc
26-01-2011, 15:31
Looks like its going to be tight but i have a wee feeling crawley will do the business now. Obviously have an affection for afc wimbledon like most non league fans have but i have a mate who has just signed for crawley and it would be great for him to have a chance at the football league again.

Flawed_Genius
28-01-2011, 14:44
Sian Massey was due to referee Corby vs Eastwood this weekend in the Conference North but the plug has been pulled on her to let the fuss die down

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/9379539.stm

briggs999
28-01-2011, 15:49
I reckon she chickened out, she hasn't got the balls:p

Flawed_Genius
02-02-2011, 14:44
Bumper conference round up...

Last weekend

Wimbledon returned to the top with a 2-0 win on Friday in Gateshead, Fleetwood got 3 more points on the board, despatching FGR 2-0 at Highbury.

The biggest game of the day was between play off hopefuls Mansfield and Wrexham and it didn't disappoint. Wrexham got off to a flyer, going ahead through Matthias Pogma on 8 minutes only to find themselves 2-1 down at the break with Mansfield scoring twice in 6 minutes at the end of the half.

The 2nd period saw Wrexham growing ever stronger, and they continued to bang on the door, levelling on 72 mins before Jay Harris notched the winner with 90 minutes on the clock.

Transfer Round Up

Plenty of goings on - too many to list but Kettering's signing of former Swansea keeper Willy Gueret, Crawley Town picking up Willie Gibson from Dunfermline and Wrexham picked up our own Jordan McMillan on loan

Last night

Last night saw Wimbledon's title ambitions take a big hammer blow going down 4-1 at York, which hasn't been a happy hunting ground for the Dons having got hammered by 5 goals last season at Bootham Crescent.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/resources/images/1556561/?type=display

Luton closed the gap at the top, thumping 4 for no reply past Darlington in front of over 5,700 fans whilst victory for bottom club Histon at home to play off contenders Fleetwood took the league by surprise.

Cambridge, fresh from sacking manager Martin Ling, lost 2-1 at Rushden whilst Wrexham continued their good run, beating Altrincham 2-1 at The Racecourse Ground.

Crawley's cup run and massively envious draw away to Man Utd at Old Trafford means they have a massive list of games to play in the coming weeks, starting with a trip to Rockingham Road to play Kettering on Thursday.

lutonloyal
02-02-2011, 17:01
Bumper conference round up...

Last weekend

Wimbledon returned to the top with a 2-0 win on Friday in Gateshead, Fleetwood got 3 more points on the board, despatching FGR 2-0 at Highbury.

The biggest game of the day was between play off hopefuls Mansfield and Wrexham and it didn't disappoint. Wrexham got off to a flyer, going ahead through Matthias Pogma on 8 minutes only to find themselves 2-1 down at the break with Mansfield scoring twice in 6 minutes at the end of the half.

The 2nd period saw Wrexham growing ever stronger, and they continued to bang on the door, levelling on 72 mins before Jay Harris notched the winner with 90 minutes on the clock.

Transfer Round Up

Plenty of goings on - too many to list but Kettering's signing of former Swansea keeper Willy Gueret, Crawley Town picking up Willie Gibson from Dunfermline and Wrexham picked up our own Jordan McMillan on loan

Last night

Last night saw Wimbledon's title ambitions take a big hammer blow going down 4-1 at York, which hasn't been a happy hunting ground for the Dons having got hammered by 5 goals last season at Bootham Crescent.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/resources/images/1556561/?type=display

Luton closed the gap at the top, thumping 4 for no reply past Darlington in front of over 5,700 fans whilst victory for bottom club Histon at home to play off contenders Fleetwood took the league by surprise.

Cambridge, fresh from sacking manager Martin Ling, lost 2-1 at Rushden whilst Wrexham continued their good run, beating Altrincham 2-1 at The Racecourse Ground.

Crawley's cup run and massively envious draw away to Man Utd at Old Trafford means they have a massive list of games to play in the coming weeks, starting with a trip to Rockingham Road to play Kettering on Thursday.

Hi Flawed,

Despite having sold our best player Andy Drury to Ipswich, on last nights performance, we didn't miss him at all. 1st Half was a bit dodgy as we just could not score despite having all the possession. After the 1st goal we relaxed and went on to score another 3 really good goals.
Liked the look of the new boy Wilmott from Cambridge, really quick.

I just hope that Creepy Crawley have their minds on Man Utd (like they really need the money, NOT) I'm sorry to say Flawed, but have felt for a long time that it's between us and Crawley for the title. They do have some tough games coming up, playing a really in form Wrexham twice and yourselves i believe. If we can win the title, i know i speak for ALL Luton fans and hope you join us via the play offs.

Flying up for the Cup game v Tims Sunday and have also booked flights for Lisbon and League Cup Final.

lutonloyal

kettlebelly
04-02-2011, 10:16
Stuck in Kent this w/e so time will be made to visit Kingsmeadow to see FTFC take on AFC.
Our performances & results against the bottom teams have been shocking so here's hoping Mikey Mellon has the team fired up on Saturday.

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
04-02-2011, 19:24
Crawley dropped points after drawing 0-0 away at Kettering on Thursday. Both sides could have won it by all accounts and some good goalkeeping from Kettering's Willie Gueret helped the home side keep the title chasers at bay.

Neither Luton or Crawley have league duty this weekend, and I agree with Lutonloyal above, I think it really is between these two, but Wimbledon can add a few more points on the board and extend their lead at the top if they can overcome Fleetwood tomorrow.

Fleetwood are having a great first season in the conference but both sides have faltered at times in a chaotic January, having played 10 league fixtures in 32 days since the turn of the year!

Altrincham and Southport clash in a local derby and relegation 6 pointer, Barrow host Wrexham and Cambridge take on Rushden.

Another big game at the bottom of the table pits Hayes & Yeading against FGR, Tamworth take on Histon and Kidderminster host Bath.

Flawed_Genius
08-02-2011, 16:56
Anyway, I fancy a breather from the post derby hyperbole so latest conference round up is here:

Wimbledon edged out Fleetwood at Kingsmeadow in a tight game through Christian Jolley's 84th minute goal after a goalkeeping clanger presented the Dons winger with a golden opportunity.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/surreyherald/jul2010/2/4/christian-jolley-image-1-435805376.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_KQtHwz0f5yQ/TU2-

Wrexham's good run continued, with a 1-0 win away at Barrow. Andy Mangan's penalty with 7 minutes to play sending the visitors back to North Wales with the points.

Rushden overcame Cambridge to move up to 9th whilst CVA threatened Kidderminster beat Bath to move within a point of 5th place Fleetwood.

At the wrong end of the table, Histon recorded a rare away win over Tamworth to move off the bottom, whilst Forest Green put more distance between themselves and the relegation zone beating Hayes & Yeading 1-0 in the West Country.

Altrincham's six-pointer with Southport was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Flawed_Genius
08-02-2011, 17:00
Stuck in Kent this w/e so time will be made to visit Kingsmeadow to see FTFC take on AFC.
Our performances & results against the bottom teams have been shocking so here's hoping Mikey Mellon has the team fired up on Saturday.

Cleveleys Loyal

Did you go in the end?

I thought it was a pretty tight game. Not pretty by any stretch and felt very relieved with the win but could easily have been the Cod Army heading home with smiles on their faces.

Seems pretty clear to me that Crawley, Luton and possibly Wrexham will overtake us with their form and games in hand but we now seem safe enough to secure a play off spot.

January has been tough on your boys though - Kidderminster right on your tails for 5th at the moment. Do you think you'll be in the play off mix come the end of the season?

covloyalrsc
08-02-2011, 17:05
According to fixtures Its Crawley v Wrexham then reverse fixture within a few days.
I hope Wrexham stick it up them as Evans is a wee tarrier shit head. Also it would blow the title race wide open

Flawed_Genius
08-02-2011, 17:52
According to fixtures Its Crawley v Wrexham then reverse fixture within a few days.
I hope Wrexham stick it up them as Evans is a wee tarrier shit head. Also it would blow the title race wide open

You're right - back to back. Saturday at Crawley, Tuesday at Wrexham.

Wrexham are a real emerging force in the conference of late. Seem to have hit their stride at the right time. Massively hoping for back to back Wrexham wins to blow the title race open.

Didn't know Evans was a tarrier - just when I didn't think I could hate him more! :D

kettlebelly
10-02-2011, 16:21
Did you go in the end?

I thought it was a pretty tight game. Not pretty by any stretch and felt very relieved with the win but could easily have been the Cod Army heading home with smiles on their faces.

Seems pretty clear to me that Crawley, Luton and possibly Wrexham will overtake us with their form and games in hand but we now seem safe enough to secure a play off spot.

January has been tough on your boys though - Kidderminster right on your tails for 5th at the moment. Do you think you'll be in the play off mix come the end of the season?

I went and came home scunnered, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask :D Minimum due to Cods was a point though if they had got all 3 I don't think you would have begrudged them.
I thought the wind spoiled the game and talking to FTFC goalie after the game it was that wind which got you the points. I also thought Kedwell fouled Gregan to win the header in the first place. You would've seen it better from your end. Enough excuses:roll:
Had a few in the club house pre & post game. Some of the lads frequented The Sir Robt Peel and missed first 20 mins of game, don't know why:angel: The home fans I spoke with all seemed decent punters who all had AFC at heart.
Hopefully we can start picking up points again, Luton away this week, as the hard luck stories are wearing thin.
Our owner is demanding a play off place and I reckon we deserve it due to our performances so far. Still a long way to go, so here's hoping I've got to book transport to City of Manchester Stadium in May:angel:
All the best to your mob and may catch up with you next season or even better CofM in May.

Cleveleys Loyal

miltonbear
10-02-2011, 16:27
Sorry not read all the thread, but are Wimbledon the original club that formed after they moved and changed name.?

If they are are they run by supporters.?

kettlebelly
10-02-2011, 16:35
Sorry not read all the thread, but are Wimbledon the original club that formed after they moved and changed name.?

AFC Wimbledon were formed by the supporters for the supporters after the original club were moved to Milton Keynes, hence MK Dons aka franchise fc.

Check their website out and find out just how fans can run & own their club.

I'll leave it up to the likes of Flawed Genius to give you a more concise background.

Cleveleys Loyal

covloyalrsc
10-02-2011, 18:25

Wrexham are a real emerging force in the conference of late. Seem to have hit their stride at the right time. Massively hoping for back to back Wrexham wins to blow the title race open.

Didn't know Evans was a tarrier - just when I didn't think I could hate him more! :D

Yes and a bitter wee one at that. Came across him a few times in the Conference and in the league. Used to hate getting sent to Boston:mad:

kettlebelly
11-02-2011, 10:55

Did he not get done for some 'creative accountancy' misdemeanours?:eek: I think that alone tells you.

As an aside I've got another local game this week v Luton but due to anniversary also this w/e I'll have to give Kenilworth Rd a miss. May not be a bad thing as their support can be a bit voilitile

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
11-02-2011, 16:34
I went and came home scunnered, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask :D Minimum due to Cods was a point though if they had got all 3 I don't think you would have begrudged them.
I thought the wind spoiled the game and talking to FTFC goalie after the game it was that wind which got you the points. I also thought Kedwell fouled Gregan to win the header in the first place. You would've seen it better from your end. Enough excuses:roll:
Had a few in the club house pre & post game. Some of the lads frequented The Sir Robt Peel and missed first 20 mins of game, don't know why:angel: The home fans I spoke with all seemed decent punters who all had AFC at heart.
Hopefully we can start picking up points again, Luton away this week, as the hard luck stories are wearing thin.
Our owner is demanding a play off place and I reckon we deserve it due to our performances so far. Still a long way to go, so here's hoping I've got to book transport to City of Manchester Stadium in May:angel:
All the best to your mob and may catch up with you next season or even better CofM in May.
Cleveleys Loyal

Now that would be nice!

I thought Fleetwood look a decent side and should be good enough to secure a playoff place at least but that January was tough going. Plenty of football still to be played though...although Luton away isn't what you want next really!

We've got York at home. They destroyed us 4-1 away recently so a chance for revenge but another tough one all the same.

Hoping Wrexham do the double over Crawley in the next few days to blow the title race wide open

Flawed_Genius
11-02-2011, 16:46

That's right - started in 2002/03 in the Combined Counties Premier Division which is a regional league (Surrey, Hants, SW London areas roughly) within the pyramid.

I was fortunate enough to go to the first ever game, a friendly against Sutton Utd at Gander Green Lane, having been going along to watch the 'old' Wimbledon at Selhurst for a good few years prior to that.

http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/-/reports/friendly--senior/images/matches/sutfry.jpg

The club really needed people to dig in and back it. The humble beginnings of the original team helped as plenty had watched us as a non-league side before and we've steadily built since the inaugral season and now are in our 2nd season in the conference and are having a good run with it too.

It has been great fun - watching the team play at idiosyncratic grounds against weird and wonderfully named sides such as Withdean 2000, Hartney Wintney, Viking Greenford et al and rising up the pyramid and into the conference with some good cup runs too, Millwall away in the FA Cup 1st Rd last year was great.

It's a great family ethos at the club, with a good solid travelling support too for this level.

Non League football is really good fun - there are plenty of sides like us to visit - I would heartily recommend it.

http://newimages.fotopic.net/?iid=1f3614&outx=800&quality=80

kettlebelly
13-02-2011, 12:17
Now that would be nice!

I thought Fleetwood look a decent side and should be good enough to secure a playoff place at least but that January was tough going. Plenty of football still to be played though...although Luton away isn't what you want next really!

We've got York at home. They destroyed us 4-1 away recently so a chance for revenge but another tough one all the same.

Hoping Wrexham do the double over Crawley in the next few days to blow the title race wide open

Splendid performance and well desrved 3 points for the Cod Army away to Luton yestreday. About time things went our way. You'll be happy with that result though the Creepies from Crawley came back from 2 down against Wrexham. Tubbs scoring a second half hat trick must have upset you:angel:
FTFC have still got Crawley at home to come so hopefully we can assist your quest whilst improving our own play off chances:D

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
14-02-2011, 14:12
Splendid performance and well desrved 3 points for the Cod Army away to Luton yestreday. About time things went our way. You'll be happy with that result though the Creepies from Crawley came back from 2 down against Wrexham. Tubbs scoring a second half hat trick must have upset you:angel:
FTFC have still got Crawley at home to come so hopefully we can assist your quest whilst improving our own play off chances:D

Cleveleys Loyal

All was looking rosy at the interval - Crawley trailing by two, Fleetwood giving Luton problems...I was nearly doing cartwheels at the final whistle when you'd won and Creepy were 2-1 down to Wrexham. They kicked off late so the updates were trickling in after the game only to ruin the journey home.

Huge result for Crawley - both them and Wrexham had identical league records in January and them turning that result round really signals their intent and I think will be a big, big moment in them winning the league. Wrexham have a chance for revenge on Tuesday though...

Was really impressed at your result at Kenilworth Rd - not many teams get the better of them there.

Wimbledon were good for the first 30 mins then York got a foothold in the game and it became very tight.

2nd half I felt York had the better of it and came close on a few occasions. Hatton, who scored for us, rescued the match with a superb challenge out of nowhere as their striker was about to pull the trigger with 90+4 on the clock :D

Flawed_Genius
16-02-2011, 17:57
Having blown a 2-0 lead away at Crawley Town, Wrexham missed out on the chance for revenge in a 0-0 draw last night at The Racecourse Ground.

On paper, both sides will be happy with the result - another point on the board in Crawley's rather tastelessly named project promotion er...project and Wrexham get a point against a top team in their quest for a play off berth.

That said, Wrexham had three goalline clearances that denied them a lead against a much-rotated Crawley side, who clearly have an eye on their hiding at Old Trafford on the weekend.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/dailypost/feb2011/4/2/pics-image-2-132047433.jpg

There was a Rangers-related aspect to the game with on-loan Jordan McMillan completing 90 minutes on his debut for Wrexham. Marvin Andrews was sub unused for Wrexham.

Crowd-wise, it pulled in Wrexham's biggest attendance so far this season with 4,630 punters going through the turnstiles.

Interestingly, the conference announces away attendances. Crawley will take thousands to Old Trafford...last night's travelling support amounted to a paltry 25. Nope, the zero on the end is not missing. 25 made the trip.

kettlebelly
25-02-2011, 22:34
Flawed Genius
You're slacking on the updating of this:p
C'mon AFC are still top, your favs for relegation are still in play off position so come on do what your very good at:)

Last week the Fleetwood Cods had a cracking win at home against the haddocks from Grimsby. That means FTFC have completed the double over the former Football League club. Very impressed

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
01-03-2011, 11:40
Flawed Genius
You're slacking on the updating of this:p
C'mon AFC are still top, your favs for relegation are still in play off position so come on do what your very good at:)

Last week the Fleetwood Cods had a cracking win at home against the haddocks from Grimsby. That means FTFC have completed the double over the former Football League club. Very impressed

Cleveleys Loyal

I know - work has been MENTAL! :D

Fleetwood's results have been decent since the defeat at Kingsmeadow until the weekend and I see Harriers have bumped you out of the playoff spots.

Crawley are looming large on the horizon for the Dons now - 3 points behind and 5 games in hand! They have pulled a few late wins out of the bag and are nailed on for that title now.

If I get out of work on time tonight I'll be heading over the Hayes & Yeading to see Wimbledon - Strangely, Terry Brown has never picked up a point at Church Rd since leaving Hayes...really hope that changes tonight!

GEODGC
01-03-2011, 12:11

Fleetwood's results have been decent since the defeat at Kingsmeadow until the weekend and I see Harriers have bumped you out of the playoff spots.

Crawley are looming large on the horizon for the Dons now - 3 points behind and 5 games in hand! They have pulled a few late wins out of the bag and are nailed on for that title now.

If I get out of work on time tonight I'll be heading over the Hayes & Yeading to see Wimbledon - Strangely, Terry Brown has never picked up a point at Church Rd since leaving Hayes...really hope that changes tonight!

I mentioned earlier in the thread that i had Crawley to win the title and Tubbs to be top scorer so i had a wee look on Betfair last night at the current prices. Crawley are 2/7 for the title and Tubbs is 1/25 to be top scorer, obviously you never know what can happen but the title is in Crawleys hands that`s for sure.

kettlebelly
01-03-2011, 12:54

Shocking result against Eastbourne on Sat, they scored with their only attempt at goal. That's if you can call a wind assisted free kick from 5 yards INSIDE their own half an attempt on goal. Very embarrassing for FTFC goalkeeper.
We're away to Darlo tonight whilst Kiddy don't play so we have it within our own hands to get back into a play off position. On Sat we are away to Newport with creepy Crawley at home the following week. Thank god it's the top teams we're playing and not lower teams as our record against teams from bottom of the league is abysmal to be kind. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Cods picking up at least 7 points from these games.
I hope we can still make the play offs as it is beginning to look as if AFC will be runners up and on this seasons games we would fancy our chances but a lot of fitba still to be played.

GEODGC
Your bets are looking stone wallers but the annoying thing for me is that Magno Vieira has scored the same as Tubbs (- his pens). FTFC have been awarded 1 pen all season (McNulty missed it btw) and that was an FA Cup tie.

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
02-03-2011, 11:33
Big hammering for Fleetwood away at Darlington last night - another body blow for the play off campaign (sorry Kettlebelly) as it leaves them 3 points off Kidderminster Harriers in 5th who have a game in hand.

Luton picked up a valuable 3 points on the road in the West Country, overcoming Forest Green 1-0.

Leaders AFC Wimbledon dropped points in a turgid game away at Hayes and Yeading United, no goals, freezing cold and a horrible part of London to get home from! I was one of 708 hardy souls who parted with £14 plus an extra quid for the worst cup of tea in history.

York and Rushden both recorded wins to keep their play off hopes alive, whilst Newport's season appears to be over - another draw surely ruling them out of top 5 contention.

At the wrong end of the table, Southport's 3-1 over Histon puts them 6 points away from the drop zone.

Tamworth and Kettering play tonight.

Flawed_Genius
08-03-2011, 14:19
Crawley could leapfrog Wimbledon tonight if they can get a point or better against in-form Kidderminster having hammered bottom club Histon whilst leaders Wimbledon threw away a 1-0 lead to lose 2-1 at managerless Grimsby Town.

http://www.crawleyobserver.co.uk/webimage/crawley_v_histon_1_2476821!

http://i.thisis.co.uk/275583/article/images/3300667/1989112-vlarge.jpg

Kidderminster themselves picked up a very good point at Kenilworth Rd against Luton Town whilst Fleetwood kept in touch with the play off spots having beaten Newport 3-1 in Wales.

http://www.luton-dunstable.co.uk/getImage.aspx?ImageId=148998&ImageFileId=116416&ClientId=4&Width=430&height=329

Elsewhere at the top of the table, Wrexham further established their play off position in the table, seeing off Forest Green 2-1 at The Racecourse Ground.

Tonight's other fixtures include winnable home ties for Wrexham and Luton. The league table will really take shape over the next few weeks as the teams who suffered postponements over the winter period play catch-up.

kettlebelly
11-03-2011, 12:57
Some results going for FTFC midweek. Kiddy dropping points against Crawley and Darlo failing to win also.
Massive games tomorrow with pick of the crop being at Highbury where the Cod Army take on creepy Crawley who are due a beating if only to help out AFC. In return they could assist FTFC by beating Kiddy at Kingsmeadow. Where's MOTD when you want it:D
So Flawed we'll try and help you out please return the favour;)

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
11-03-2011, 13:31
Some results going for FTFC midweek. Kiddy dropping points against Crawley and Darlo failing to win also.
Massive games tomorrow with pick of the crop being at Highbury where the Cod Army take on creepy Crawley who are due a beating if only to help out AFC. In return they could assist FTFC by beating Kiddy at Kingsmeadow. Where's MOTD when you want it:D
So Flawed we'll try and help you out please return the favour;)

Cleveleys Loyal

Hopefully we will - would be very nice to see you beat Creepy and us turn over Kiddy.

Harriers are in some form though, and the Wombles are a little patchy at the moment. We had a breather in midweek though so hopefully we'll be full of energy.

Booked my ticket to Crawley away - we got restricted (as did Luton) to just 600 tickets when we took over 1000 in the cup last season. Think it is a police decision as much as anything as we go there on a Friday night. Off in hope rather than expectation but it should be a good trip all the same.

kettlebelly
12-03-2011, 01:45
Hopefully we will - would be very nice to see you beat Creepy and us turn over Kiddy.

Harriers are in some form though, and the Wombles are a little patchy at the moment. We had a breather in midweek though so hopefully we'll be full of energy.

Booked my ticket to Crawley away - we got restricted (as did Luton) to just 600 tickets when we took over 1000 in the cup last season. Think it is a police decision as much as anything as we go there on a Friday night. Off in hope rather than expectation but it should be a good trip all the same.

Went there in Sept and a crap ground, makes Kingsmeadow look like Wembley (Only kidding) dont think the place holds much more than 2500.
Good luck to AFC & FTFC
Could we get some 'friendship scarves' for your stalls outside Kingsmeadow:roll:
Got a couple of those badges when I was there ........ hope to catch you at COMS for play off final

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
15-03-2011, 16:07
Neither Wimbledon nor Fleetwood could do each other any favours on the weekend.

Huge let down at Kingsmeadow - Kidderminster Harriers turning over the Wombles 2-1 and it could, and bar some excellent saves from Seb Brown, should have been more.

Fleetwood had the tough task of handling table-toppers Crawley Town and came unstuck, also going down to a 2-1 defeat.

At the bottom end, Barrow and Hayes & Yeading Utd both recorded much needed wins and the relegation battle is massively tight.

Histon, Eastbourne and Altrincham all look to be adrift. The fourth drop spot is held by Hayes & Yeading on 36 points, Forest Green, Southport and Barrow are also all on 36 points sitting just above the relegation zone thanks to goal difference.

An assortment of fixtures take place tonight - Crawley host Hayes & Yeading before their Friday night tie with the Dons.

Flawed_Genius
16-03-2011, 14:36
Crawley's title procession continued last night as they won at home to Hayes & Yeading in a topsy-turvy game that ended 5-2. They trailed after 2 minutes before taking the lead only to go in at 2-2 at the interval before upping the ante in the 2nd half.

Luton were held 0-0 at Cambridge which surely ends any title challenge from the rest of the division.

York City's bid for a play off place has kicked on. A good win at home to Mansfield has seen them go 6th, just 2 points of Kidderminster with a couple of games in hand.

Down in the dogfight, Barrow overcame Southport on Merseyside 4-2 to put some daylight between themselves and the rest of the relegation candidates whilst Altrincham picked up a much needed win to aid their cause.

Table as it stands looks like this:

P - GD - PTS

1 Crawley Town 34 45 77
2 Wimbledon 38 28 71
3 Luton 34 36 66
4 Wrexham 37 14 66
5 Kidderminster 38 14 62
6 York 36 5 58
7 Fleetwood T 38 14 57
8 Rushden & D 35 9 52
9 Darlington 34 15 51
10 Grimsby 34 11 51
11 Newport County 36 5 50
12 Gateshead 34 4 47
13 Mansfield 33 5 46
14 Bath City 36 -4 46
15 Kettering 37 -8 46
16 Tamworth 37 -14 41
17 Cambridge 38 -8 40
18 Barrow 36 -13 39
19 Southport 36 -9 36
20 Forest Green 38 -21 36
21 Hayes & Y 38 -30 36
22 Altrincham 37 -38 33
23 Eastbourne B 36 -30 29
24 Histon 36 -30 27

kettlebelly
16-03-2011, 16:14
Neither Wimbledon nor Fleetwood could do each other any favours on the weekend.

Huge let down at Kingsmeadow - Kidderminster Harriers turning over the Wombles 2-1 and it could, and bar some excellent saves from Seb Brown, should have been more.

Fleetwood had the tough task of handling table-toppers Crawley Town and came unstuck, also going down to a 2-1 defeat.

At the bottom end, Barrow and Hayes & Yeading Utd both recorded much needed wins and the relegation battle is massively tight.

Histon, Eastbourne and Altrincham all look to be adrift. The fourth drop spot is held by Hayes & Yeading on 36 points, Forest Green, Southport and Barrow are also all on 36 points sitting just above the relegation zone thanks to goal difference.

An assortment of fixtures take place tonight - Crawley host Hayes & Yeading before their Friday night tie with the Dons.

Went on Saturday and what a disgrace the ref was, mind you the lino was a looker mmmmmmmm.
Brodie took a page out of Larrsson book with a shocking dive for the opener and then made it 2-0 with a cracker just after the break. It took the Cods an hour to get into the game but nearly secured at least 1 point with an excellent last 30 mins. Creepys keeper pulling off 3/4 great saves.
Well it looks as though our play off dream is over though still a very very slight chance.
Best of luck on Friday, they are beatable btw.

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
18-03-2011, 14:07
Went on Saturday and what a disgrace the ref was, mind you the lino was a looker mmmmmmmm.
Brodie took a page out of Larrsson book with a shocking dive for the opener and then made it 2-0 with a cracker just after the break. It took the Cods an hour to get into the game but nearly secured at least 1 point with an excellent last 30 mins. Creepys keeper pulling off 3/4 great saves.
Well it looks as though our play off dream is over though still a very very slight chance.
Best of luck on Friday, they are beatable btw.

Cleveleys Loyal

Yes they are :D

I am visible after Crawley's equaliser calling their players 'rascals' and 'ungentlemanly' in no uncertain terms :angel:

How sweet it was to beat them that night

http://www.afcwimbledon.tv/video/afc-wimbledon-v-crawley-town-bsbp-230910/

I'm sure the rest of FF will be hunting down their local hostelry that has Premier Sports for tonight's Crawley vs. AFC Wimbledon clash.

I have a ticket and have permission to get away from the office early so I can enjoy a few cheeky pre-match pints. I'm not confident but we'll make a din and have a good session all the same

GEODGC
18-03-2011, 22:53
Big result for Crawley tonight( Crawley 3, AFC Wimbledon 1). Any lingering hopes AFC Wimbledon had of winning the title are gone now. Luton are really the only team with a slim chance of catching Crawley, can`t see it happening though, Crawley are looking too strong for everyone.

kettlebelly
22-03-2011, 12:29
Big result for Crawley tonight( Crawley 3, AFC Wimbledon 1). Any lingering hopes AFC Wimbledon had of winning the title are gone now. Luton are really the only team with a slim chance of catching Crawley, can`t see it happening though, Crawley are looking too strong for everyone.

I'll be glad to see Creepy out the Blue Sq with their dodgy dealings, though they do have quite a potent strike force. Lets see how successful they are next season.
A very good win for the Cod Army on Saturday against Wrexham, goal scored by Sean Clancy (brother of some tit flasher). This brings FTFC back into play off running. Major game on Good Friday 1945 kick off away to Kiddy. Three points would be big big bonus.

Cleveleys Loyal

GEODGC
22-03-2011, 12:50
I'll be glad to see Creepy out the Blue Sq with their dodgy dealings, though they do have quite a potent strike force. Lets see how successful they are next season.
A very good win for the Cod Army on Saturday against Wrexham, goal scored by Sean Clancy (brother of some tit flasher). This brings back into play off running. Major game on Good Friday 1945 kick off away to Kiddy. Three points would be big big bonus.

Cleveleys Loyal

I didn`t realise that only the league winners are promoted automatically then one more team through a play-off. It`s a bit harsh on the team that finishes 2nd is it not? Why the difference between the Blue Square and all the other leagues?

kettlebelly
22-03-2011, 13:01
I didn`t realise that only the league winners are promoted automatically then one more team through a play-off. It`s a bit harsh on the team that finishes 2nd is it not? Why the difference between the Blue Square and all the other leagues?

Turkeys voting for Xmas comes to mind. The clubs in the Football League don't want 3 down, which you would get with 2 automatic promotions plus play off winners. The Conference sides are making a big push for the 3 up scenario but not getting a lot of joy from the Football League.
No sympathy for runners up as rules are known before the season starts with regards to play offs.
Keeps my hopes up for Fleetwood:angel:

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
23-03-2011, 12:14
Friday was a tough watch for me at the Crawley-AFC Wimbledon game.

Crawley were well deserved winners - they have a side that could establish itself in League 1 in my opinion. They hit us hard out of the blocks and were 2-0 up inside 9 minutes.

We pulled one back, then they had a man sent off before the half time break. 2nd half saw us start well - we hit both posts within a few seconds of each other but then Crawley nabbed a 3rd and closed us out after that.

We were restricted to 600 tickets and the usual away end was shortened. Crawley announced away fans who had bought home tickets could easily be accomodated in the away end and were to head there but it was heavily overcrowded. They announced the away attendance as 727 but there were unofficial estimates of around 1000 from police.

They'll need to sort that out for Luton as they have restricted them to the same amount.

Need a big response on Saturday vs. Rushden & Diamonds at home - that is 3 defeats on the bounce and right now, we are the least in-form side in the play off positions.

http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/gallery/thumbs/lrg-289-film_2084_ryan_takes_on.jpg

kettlebelly
23-03-2011, 12:32
Haven't noticed the attendance on Friday, but with AFC taking 700 / 1000 it must have been around the 2500 mark.
Wrexham had over 800 at Highbury on Saturday, the crowd there was 2200+.

Best wishes v R&D as they are pushing us for the play offs.

Apart from our Good Fri Live game v Kiddy we have a relative easy run in but it's they clubs that have secked up our season:(

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
24-03-2011, 14:37
Haven't noticed the attendance on Friday, but with AFC taking 700 / 1000 it must have been around the 2500 mark.
Wrexham had over 800 at Highbury on Saturday, the crowd there was 2200+.

Best wishes v R&D as they are pushing us for the play offs.

Apart from our Good Fri Live game v Kiddy we have a relative easy run in but it's they clubs that have secked up our season:(

Cleveleys Loyal

The attendance actually topped 4,000 which is pretty rare for them. Think they must've had a push in the town as there were tonnes of kids there, barely any in any Crawley Town gear.

Amused when some of said kids chanted "you've got no history" at us!

Definitely a good time to put a run together for FTFC - all about form in the play offs. As for the Wombles, I think we are done for no matter who we get in the semis.

kettlebelly
24-03-2011, 14:46
The attendance actually topped 4,000 which is pretty rare for them. Think they must've had a push in the town as there were tonnes of kids there, barely any in any Crawley Town gear.

Amused when some of said kids chanted "you've got no history" at us!

Definitely a good time to put a run together for FTFC - all about form in the play offs. As for the Wombles, I think we are done for no matter who we get in the semis.

F_G

You may be able to answer this question. I've been debating with someone and they say that Blue Sq Prem clubs 'stadia' must have a capacity of 4000 minimum of which at least 1000 are seated. Every heard this ruling?

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
01-04-2011, 13:04
F_G

You may be able to answer this question. I've been debating with someone and they say that Blue Sq Prem clubs 'stadia' must have a capacity of 4000 minimum of which at least 1000 are seated. Every heard this ruling?

Cleveleys Loyal

Had to google it - I know several renovations have been made to Kingsmeadow in recent years and that they are still ongoing with league football a prospect (albeit slim)

Found the ruling on capacity

1.3 Capacity

The stadium must have a minimum capacity of 4,000 spectators, including the seated spectators, as certified by the local authority or calculated by a competent person, in accordance with the “Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds”, (Green Guide) current edition at the time of inspection, with the potential to achieve a capacity of 5,000 in the future.

The Football Association and the Football Conference reserve the right to appoint a suitably qualified person to review and, if found necessary, amend the capacity figure.

The club must have the ability to segregate home and visiting supporters. Any segregated area must have exclusive entrances, exits, ladies and gentlemens toilet facilities and catering facilities. The latter may be of the mobile type.

Couldn't see anything on exact number of seats but it also says you need 500 covered to get promotion

kettlebelly
01-04-2011, 14:24
Had to google it - I know several renovations have been made to Kingsmeadow in recent years and that they are still ongoing with league football a prospect (albeit slim)

Found the ruling on capacity

Couldn't see anything on exact number of seats but it also says you need 500 covered to get promotion

Thanks for that info:D Now you can get back to doing your round up on Blue Square Prem:p
I'm stuck down here this w/e and taking in the Fulham v Blackpool game on Sunday. I was hoping to be in Kent next w/e and get a 'home' game against Eastbourne but the project I'm working on finishes next week so it's time to return back North before I head to Brisbane, Australia & Papau New Guinea for my next assignment,
Maybe I'll do a thread on one of their leagues next season:eek:

Cleveleys Loyal

smittbox7
01-04-2011, 14:30
Rushden & Diamonds, We love you!

Flawed_Genius
01-04-2011, 16:00
Thanks for that info:D Now you can get back to doing your round up on Blue Square Prem:p
I'm stuck down here this w/e and taking in the Fulham v Blackpool game on Sunday. I was hoping to be in Kent next w/e and get a 'home' game against Eastbourne but the project I'm working on finishes next week so it's time to return back North before I head to Brisbane, Australia & Papau New Guinea for my next assignment,
Maybe I'll do a thread on one of their leagues next season:eek:

Cleveleys Loyal

I was in Barcelona last weekend so missed the game and was shattered all this week as a result, hence the lack of an update :D

Did a year and a half stint in Sydney - the A League can be turgid at times but the climate and beer in the stands helps. A lot.

Captain13
01-04-2011, 16:23
I now and again go and watch Altrincham as i live fairly nearby, great league! this is a very popular thread so it seems.

is Michael Gash still kicking about? last i heard he was at Kettering Town.. maybe an effort should be made to have him in the same team as Nicky Butt and Michael Tongue:roll:

Flawed_Genius
04-04-2011, 17:51
Crawley moved a step closer to sealing the title by beating Darlington 1-0 at Broadfield. They could clinch it tomorrow if they win and Luton lose. Failing that, two victories will be all they need to be crowned Conference Champions for the first time in their history.

Luton themselves drew 3-3 in what sounded like an absolute cracker away at Kidderminster. It looked like they'd nicked all 3 points with a 90th minute goal to make it 3-2 but Harriers struck back in injury time to deny the Hatters.

AFC Wimbledon made it back to back wins beating Barrow with a convincing performance that saw them run out 2-0 winners and now look safe in the play off spots.

Fleetwood beat Tamworth to go back to 5th having played a game more than Kidderminster and two games more than York, who could leap-frog them if they win those games in hand.

York themselves dropped points away at Kettering, having led in the 8th minute only to be pegged back in the 2nd half.

Hayes & Yeading were surprise winners at high-flying Wrexham, bagging 3 valuable points to help their relegation battle.

At the wrong end of the table, Histon and Eastbourne look doomed but there is hope for all the other sides down in the depths.

kettlebelly
11-04-2011, 15:56
A resounding 6-0 away win at sunny Eastbourne helped the mighty Cod Army close up on 4th place Wrexham and another Kidderminster draw opened the gap further. Watch out for the Good Friday night match live on Premier Sport channel when Kiddy host FTFC in what could be a decider on the final play off spot.
Would like to wish Creepy all the best in winning the league on Sat but it would stick in my 'craw' so I'll not bother;)

Cleveleys Loyal

kettlebelly
11-04-2011, 16:01

Last Season:

This season:

New comers:

Favourites:

Dark horses:

Relegation fodder:

Fleetwood
Southport
Gateshead.

Flawed_Genius
Stick to supporting AFC as your tipping service aint top notch:D Looks as though Southport is your only success as I cant see FGR going down.
Hopefully FTFC v AFC in play offs, final preferably

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
13-04-2011, 10:08
Flawed_Genius
Stick to supporting AFC as your tipping service aint top notch:D Looks as though Southport is your only success as I cant see FGR going down.
Hopefully FTFC v AFC in play offs, final preferably

Cleveleys Loyal

:o

Some wildly bad predictions there!

Alas, Creepy deserve to be champions based on their performances this season. Of course, the budget they have is huge at this level but they really have steamrollered the division and provided the money man doesn't get bored with his train set, I can see them winning League 2 next season.

One big question mark is whether or not they can sustain the increased attendances that have occurred late on this season. Brighton's new ground might be a tempter for those floating voters in and around the area.

Huge win for Fleetwood on the weekend I see - interesting race hotting up for the final play off spot.

Crawley taking a point off of Luton means that 2nd spot is in our own hands now as Luton's game in hand will move them to 1 point behind us. Luton have been the side I'd want to avoid in the play offs but their recent form is very patchy.

Wombles do appear to have put the recent bad run behind them with 3 wins on the bounce - a scratchy one over Rushden then two decent performances against Barrow and Cambridge. Histon away up next, which we should be winning as well.

Flawed_Genius
18-04-2011, 16:21
Some interesting results at the weekend - Despite denting Kidderminster's play off hopes in a 1-1 draw, Eastbourne were condemned to the drop along with Histon.

This result allowed Fleetwood to take advantage as they ran out 3-1 winners over Altrincham at Highbury.

Rushden and Darlington dropped points and with it goes their faint play off hopes.

Crawley move to within a win of breaking the 100 points barrier whilst AFC Wimbledon sealed their play off place with a 4-0 win at Histon. Wrexham also picked up a victory to keep in the hunt for the chance to be at Eastlands come May 21st.

Kidderminster host Darlo tomorrow and need a win to keep up the pressure on Fleetwood who they play on Good Friday, whilst Luton travel to York with the Minstermen hoping to mount a play off challenge in the remaining few games.

Flawed_Genius
20-04-2011, 08:50
The play off contenders are beginning to emerge clearly now after some interesting results.

Kidderminster Harriers recent good run came to a halt at home to Darlington whilst Luton came a cropper at York City. The Minstermen have leap-frogged Harriers and are now in 6th place, 3 points off Fleetwood who occupy the last play off spot.

Hayes & Yeading look to have sealed their conference place for next season beating Gateshead 3-1 and Mansfield lost 2-0 at home to Grimsby.

Top of the table looks like this:

1 Crawley Town 43 58 98
2 Wimbledon 43 34 83
3 Luton 43 41 77
4 Wrexham 43 14 74
5 Fleetwood T 43 25 72
6 York 43 6 69
7 Kidderminster 43 14 68
8 Darlington 43 16 64

kettlebelly
21-04-2011, 00:17
The play off contenders are beginning to emerge clearly now after some interesting results.

Kidderminster Harriers recent good run came to a halt at home to Darlington whilst Luton came a cropper at York City. The Minstermen have leap-frogged Harriers and are now in 6th place, 3 points off Fleetwood who occupy the last play off spot.

Hayes & Yeading look to have sealed their conference place for next season beating Gateshead 3-1 and Mansfield lost 2-0 at home to Grimsby.

Top of the table looks like this:

1 Crawley Town 43 58 98
2 Wimbledon 43 34 83
3 Luton 43 41 77
4 Wrexham 43 14 74
5 Fleetwood T 43 25 72
6 York 43 6 69
7 Kidderminster 43 14 68
8 Darlington 43 16 64

The Cod Army have a massive game on Friday night against Kiddy live on Premier Sports channel. Trying to find somewhere in Brisbane where I can watch this @ 04.45 hrs local time.
Kiddys defeat in midweek puts FTFC in pole position for 5th and maybe 4th play off spot. Would rather keep AFC for the Final so hopefully Wrexham keep dropping points and we can get Luton in Semis.

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
27-04-2011, 07:46
The Cod Army have a massive game on Friday night against Kiddy live on Premier Sports channel. Trying to find somewhere in Brisbane where I can watch this @ 04.45 hrs local time.
Kiddys defeat in midweek puts FTFC in pole position for 5th and maybe 4th play off spot. Would rather keep AFC for the Final so hopefully Wrexham keep dropping points and we can get Luton in Semis.

Cleveleys Loyal

All went well for the Cod Army this weekend then! See you in the semis!

Flawed_Genius
27-04-2011, 07:51
Weekend round-up:

Crawley have broken all sorts of records this season - most points and longest unbeaten run as they continue to steam-roller the division.

Beneath that, the play off semi finals are decided with one game to go of the regular league season.

AFC Wimbledon meet Fleetwood Town (who I naively tipped for relegation!!!) and Luton play Wrexham with these two also meeting in a dress rehearsal on Saturday.

Down at the wrong end of the table, it is 2 from 5 in the battle to avoid going down with Histon and Eastbourne.

Tamworth and Forest Green do battle with each other, Altrincham host condemned Eastbourne, Southport travel to Kettering and Barrow have Hayes & Yeading United.

18 Barrow 45 -17 47
19 Forest Green 45 -18 46
20 Southport 45 -19 46
21 Tamworth 45 -22 46
22 Altrincham 45 -39 44
23 Eastbourne B 45 -43 36
24 Histon 45 -49 27

kettlebelly
28-04-2011, 02:06
All went well for the Cod Army this weekend then! See you in the semis!

Well done the Cod Army. What a pity I'm stuck in Brisbane and missing AFC in the semi final, we could've had a few pints together though Friday & Wednesday night games aint the best dates.

At least if FTFC don't make the final Flawed_Genius will be happy and at the end of the day this is his thread after all:D
Hopefully he continues his good work on Blue Sq Prem updates next season.:angel:

Cleveleys Loyal

kettlebelly
06-05-2011, 00:26
Well Luton got off to a cracker Thursday night winning 3-0 at Wrexham. So they look good for play off final.
Big game is tonight when FTFC host AFC in the other semi final 1st leg tie. Live on Premier Sports channel kick off 19.45hrs. Hear that AFC are bringing around 600 fans which is about 590 more than made the league game at Fleetwood:p
Being stuck out here in Brisbane means it's a 04.30hrs rise and shine for me:eek:

C'mon the Cod Army

Cleveleys Loyal

jackm11
06-05-2011, 00:50
Come on you Hatters! Cracking result.

Flawed_Genius
06-05-2011, 13:31
Huge result for Luton yesterday - apparently the 3-0 scoreline flattered Wrexham. Should be a straightforward enough return leg at Kenilworth Rd.

Not sure whether to be nervous or confident about tonight. Couldn't get the time off so settling for it in the Kingsmeadow bar.

Come on Wombles!

Bob
06-05-2011, 21:28
2-0 to the wombles so far :clap:

Flawed_Genius
07-05-2011, 07:12
Sore head and delighted this morning. Excellent performance from the Wombles - thought we looked very dangerous and created some great chances.

Two big saves from young Seb Brown at 2-0 during a good spell for Fleetwood kept the lead in tact and we're in a very good position to finish the job at Kingsmeadow on Wednesday. Can't say I think it is over as Fleetwood are a very good side, but coming away from Highbury with a win is a fantastic result

Kettlebelly - did you get to see it in Brissy?

kettlebelly
07-05-2011, 07:31
Sore head and delighted this morning. Excellent performance from the Wombles - thought we looked very dangerous and created some great chances.

Two big saves from young Seb Brown at 2-0 during a good spell for Fleetwood kept the lead in tact and we're in a very good position to finish the job at Kingsmeadow on Wednesday. Can't say I think it is over as Fleetwood are a very good side, but coming away from Highbury with a win is a fantastic result

Kettlebelly - did you get to see it in Brissy?

Morning and am glad ur head is sore lol my heart is breaking :p but it's only half time.
I had it on my laptop after getting up at 04.30hrs and still got to stay up for the Teddies game tonight at 21.15.
The better team won last night no doubt but your keeper did well to keep a clean sheet. 2 defensive errors killed us either side of h/t but we should've beat you at Kingsmeadow back in Jan maybe we'll do it next week, BELIEVE lol
If you qualify for the final you know that you have my best wishes as do most of the country I firmly believe.
AFC go up who'll do a Blue Sq round up next season?

Forgot to mention I've got to stay awake for the Blackpool v Spurs game at 02.30am as well. Hard life down here lol
Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
11-05-2011, 08:34
Morning and am glad ur head is sore lol my heart is breaking :p but it's only half time.
I had it on my laptop after getting up at 04.30hrs and still got to stay up for the Teddies game tonight at 21.15.
The better team won last night no doubt but your keeper did well to keep a clean sheet. 2 defensive errors killed us either side of h/t but we should've beat you at Kingsmeadow back in Jan maybe we'll do it next week, BELIEVE lol
If you qualify for the final you know that you have my best wishes as do most of the country I firmly believe.
AFC go up who'll do a Blue Sq round up next season?

Forgot to mention I've got to stay awake for the Blackpool v Spurs game at 02.30am as well. Hard life down here lol
Cleveleys Loyal

Definitely only half time - Wrexham gave Luton a fright yesterday. Early goal then had a penalty saved but had that gone in it might have been a different story...Luton fought back to win 2-1 on the night and have booked their spot at Eastlands.

Looking forward to tonight - either way I think both teams have had impressive seasons but I am obviously desparate to be at Manchester to face the Hatters.

On a different note, ticket prices are rumoured to be £36 plus booking fee and postage (rounds up to about £41 all in) in the cheapest seats at the final! The ticket price is the same as the cheapest Championship Play Off ticket at Wembley and is a tenner more expensive than the League 2 final. Very, very shoddy from the conference.

Despite that, 'mon the Wombles!

RFC Eagle
11-05-2011, 08:48
On a different note, ticket prices are rumoured to be £36 plus booking fee and postage (rounds up to about £41 all in) in the cheapest seats at the final! The ticket price is the same as the cheapest Championship Play Off ticket at Wembley and is a tenner more expensive than the League 2 final. Very, very shoddy from the conference.

You'll probably find its the custodians of Wastelands that have had an effect on the pricing. I dont see whats wrong with Wembley for the Non League showpiece, even Villa Park was a great stadium for the Trophy final a few years ago. I hope you see out the second leg tonight. As for the final it will be too close to call for me, I was born in Bedfordshire but seeing AFC in the league seems to be natural justice.

Whoever goes up will be worthy of their place.

Flawed_Genius
12-05-2011, 16:28

You'll probably find its the custodians of Wastelands that have had an effect on the pricing. I dont see whats wrong with Wembley for the Non League showpiece, even Villa Park was a great stadium for the Trophy final a few years ago. I hope you see out the second leg tonight. As for the final it will be too close to call for me, I was born in Bedfordshire but seeing AFC in the league seems to be natural justice.

Whoever goes up will be worthy of their place.

Prices are correct - the cheapest ticket is £36 but all tickets are being sold via See Tickets so come with a booking fee per ticket and postage which is over the odds.

This price matches the cost of the Championship play off at Wembley and is a tenner more expensive than the league 2 play off final.

It is all the work of the conference and is a genuine disgrace. That said, I have just forked out £45 for my ticket - I can just about stretch to it and I'd hate to not be there, which is where the problem lies. For clubs like Luton and Wimbledon (and most other conference clubs) success, finals, cup runs etc are occasional and not to be missed - it's an emotive decision to buy rather than reject.

Flawed_Genius
12-05-2011, 16:31
Massive result last night for AFC Wimbledon, thumping Fleetwood 6-1 (sorry Kettlebelly) on the night (8-1 on aggregate) and will now play Luton at City of Manchester Stadium on May 21st

Manchester....brace yourselves :D

Conference North and South playoff finals take place this weekend.

Farnborough vs. Ebbsfleet and AFC Telford vs. Guiseley. Promotion awaits for the victors

kettlebelly
14-05-2011, 12:07
Massive result last night for AFC Wimbledon, thumping Fleetwood 6-1 (sorry Kettlebelly) on the night (8-1 on aggregate) and will now play Luton at City of Manchester Stadium on May 21st

Manchester....brace yourselves :D

Conference North and South playoff finals take place this weekend.

Farnborough vs. Ebbsfleet and AFC Telford vs. Guiseley. Promotion awaits for the victors

Congratulations and best of luck in the Final.
Got up at 04.30 to watch the game and the better team won. A very shoddy display over the 2 legs but hey someone tipped us for relegation lol

Cleveleys Loyal

GEODGC
30-05-2011, 12:59
Any teams that i should be looking out for this season chaps? I made a tidy wee profit from Crawley winning the league last season and Matt Tubbs being top scorer:). Do you reckon they can win league 2? I see the bookies have them as favourites already.

GMO
30-05-2011, 13:05
Born and bred in Tamworth, So have always followed the mighty lambs as well, nice mid-table finish would be awesome for us I reckon.

Up the Lambs! :)

kettlebelly
04-06-2011, 02:51
Any teams that i should be looking out for this season chaps? I made a tidy wee profit from Crawley winning the league last season and Matt Tubbs being top scorer:). Do you reckon they can win league 2? I see the bookies have them as favourites already.

Keep an eye on Cods as they have made some impressive signings so far. They've even got Brodie on loan from Crawley amongst others. You'll not get as good a price as last season but as a club they are pushing for promotion big time.

Cleveleys Loyal

Flawed_Genius
07-07-2011, 13:12
Would agree with that - Fleetwood have made some really astute signings. Fancy them as a good each way bet

kettlebelly
07-07-2011, 13:20
Would agree with that - Fleetwood have made some really astute signings. Fancy them as a good each way bet

FTFC are 7/2 2nd fav with Blue Sq. Luton 3/1favs.
The Cods are going for it this season so get on the 'nose'

Cleveleys Loyal