PDA

View Full Version : strange wee Rangers things that will live with you

Russell_Nash
02-07-2010, 02:36
tonight in a house in lanarkshire I had in my hand Jimmy Smiths Club Tie
It was old worn tattered and torn

but just to have it in my hands will stick with me forever

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Smith_(footballer_born_1911)

http://i49.tinypic.com/24gw39e.png

Renoranger
02-07-2010, 03:23
Standing outside the Midland Hotel, York Road Belfast when Rangers played the Glens in 1967. The players come out to board their bus and Scot Symon gave me a Rangers badge. The whole team were stunned as I called them all by name, wee Willie shook my hand too.:D

tommyhlrsc
02-07-2010, 03:43
The sound of Tam Forsyth asking if he could have a "wee dance" with my Mrs and then watching them both jigging about on the dance floor (Thringstone RSC dance).

Sharing Taxis with said legend to and from our hotel to the dance,

His "30 yarder" in the cup final being one of my earliest memories of being a Bear - a point totally missed by the Mrs.

AllysArmy
02-07-2010, 03:48
Playing 90 minutes in goals, directly against the one and only Super Ally :dance::dance: .....

He rattled 4 past me - never the less, great day!

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1928/n5930864172992500288509.jpg

southernranger
02-07-2010, 03:56
Spending the entire weekend having beers bought by Fordham and Goram a few years back at the darts and loving the fact they were loving it-Goram came across well

l-Know he is not always a FF fav as a person but was spot on and Fordham is a gent as is his wife. Obviously she not a bloke!

jivman
02-07-2010, 03:56
Heading to Barcelona from Edinburgh airport in 2007.

Andy Goram sitting having a pint and said 'Alright Jiv'.

I let out a little sex wee.

southernranger
02-07-2010, 03:58
:p
Heading to Barcelona from Edinburgh airport in 2007.

Andy Goram sitting having a pint and said 'Alright Jiv'.

I let out a little sex wee.

Yeah right:p

jivman
02-07-2010, 04:54
:p

Yeah right:p

Okay I never let out a sex wee. :D

I had been drinking in his bar (The Quarry?) a few times in the weeks preceding. Probably wouldn't know me from Adam now.

http://imgur.com/SPYhe.png

(Loved that top, one of the smartest we've had IMO, swapped it for a Stuttgart Top a couple of weeks later. :( )

BB72
02-07-2010, 08:07

I had been drinking in his bar (The Quarry?) a few times in the weeks preceding. Probably wouldn't know me from Adam now.

(Loved that top, one of the smartest we've had IMO, swapped it for a Stuttgart Top a couple of weeks later. :( )

The goalie for the slatings he apears to get at times I found always willing to stop and chat ,said gent also poured my beer in said bar more importantly he ruffled the wee nephewws hair annd "striped" his nose with a marker after he had signed his flag after calling us over. I think the wee man DID let out some sex wee:D

paisleyprod
02-07-2010, 08:18
my head is full of wee Rangers things. getting to meet so many ex players has been great but meeting the likes of Hubbard, Simpson, Davis, Ritchie, Caldow, Brand, Millar, Wilson on many occasions and realising not only what they did in their careers but what the club means to them and also each and every one of them are extremely nice guys too that would chat to you all day long.

A pleasure indeed.

sam_cooke
02-07-2010, 08:28
having a beer with Davie Cooper only months before he died, I was lucky enough to have won his video in a question and answer forum at the Parade bar and was invited to meet him and get it autographed.
He was a true gent and a great Ranger.

pol1
02-07-2010, 08:50
2 that will live with me

Had hospitality at Ibrox, Tel Aviv game. Got there early and stood out of the hospitality box to admire the stadium, awe inspiring and soaked it up, heard this voice behind me saying "beautiful isnt it", turned around and it was Wullie Henderson, cracking bloke and told me some stories about his playing days

2nd one at the SFA Hall of Fame Dinner few years back, was going back to the table from being at the toilet (side note - took a p!sh with Sir Walter at one side and Billy McBungle on the other and was told to not say anything after the two of them called David Tanner every name under the sun) on the way back and met God himself Brian Laudrup who was due up on stage to collect his reward but he still shook my hand (did wash my hands btw) autograph, photo and talked for a wee while. Think I was star struck / in awe of meeting God himself / or outright gay for 5 minutes and said something along the lines of "you have no idea what you mean to us" he said it was his pleasure to serve us.

Bloomagoo
02-07-2010, 09:26
Playing 90 minutes in goals, directly against the one and only Super Ally :dance::dance: .....

Looks like he skelped you in the face a few times anaw :D

Bloomagoo
02-07-2010, 09:29
having a beer with Davie Cooper only months before he died, I was lucky enough to have won his video in a question and answer forum at the Parade bar and was invited to meet him and get it autographed.
He was a true gent and a great Ranger.

Yes was there that day to hear the imortal quote from oor Sam "so where is he then" only to be told that he as standing next to him :p to be fair he did have his back turned :D

Madrid Bill
02-07-2010, 09:33

That aint you :confused:
That guy is.........erm..... not sporting the vibrant tan you do.... ;)

Manticore
02-07-2010, 09:39
My Dad introducing me to George Young in his hotel in the Clyde Valley when I was a kid.

jivman
02-07-2010, 09:39
That aint you :confused:
That guy is.........erm..... not sporting the vibrant tan you do.... ;)

It was a really bright flash!! :D

You started your Buckie import business yet?

GirvanLighthouse
02-07-2010, 09:57
Being in the Waddell suite for hospitality at Gers v Forfar in the cup circa 2002/2003 with my wee mate who is no longer with us now and his mate (ex forfar and thirds player from many moons ago) and after getting shown how to get to the trophy room - slipping out and just the three of us stood in there knowing it was a one off special moment for the 3 of us without a word being spoken.

Sadly my wee mate died the following year but its a memory that will live long.

Duranman
02-07-2010, 10:04

If I've understood Japanese horror correctly, you're fecked mate

ulsterbearinbath
02-07-2010, 10:12
Doing tour for the first time back when I was about 13. Was on a day trip over with Burnside lodge for a game, and we got the tour on matchday(shows how long ago it was!)

The normal guide was off sick, so we were taken around the ground by John Greig. It was the most surreal experience of my life up to that point. As I was still pretty much a nipper my full knowledge of Greig had been what my old man had told me, all in glowing terms.

Spent most of the tour just staring at him, and come the end of the tour when he was doing autographs and pictures I just about managed to stand next to him to get my taken.

Ubik
02-07-2010, 10:38
Ian Durrant's sister moved into a house 2 away from my parents on the day of my 11th Birthday, got his autograph on my new rangers penannt while wearing my new rangers jogging top. Great day.

lebooboo
02-07-2010, 11:02
My old lady got the dreaded dementia a couple of years before she checked into the great OES chapter in the sky.

For about a year, she could never remember my name, but she asked every time I seen her, how the Rangers were doing.

Funny how the Rangers was still there, when everything else was fading fast.

(Maybe this is't exactly what the OP meant, but I'm having it as my "strange wee Rangers thing" that lives with you :D )

garyw09
02-07-2010, 11:13
tonight in a house in lanarkshire I had in my hand Jimmy Smiths Club Tie
It was old worn tattered and torn

but just to have it in my hands will stick with me forever

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Smith_(footballer_born_1911)

http://i49.tinypic.com/24gw39e.png

James "Jimmy" Smith (born 24 September 1911 in Airdrie - 5 December 2003) was a Scottish professional footballer who played for East Stirlingshire and Rangers. During his time at Rangers he scored 249 goals in 259 games

Kris Boyd, eat your fecking heart out. Astonishing record and apparently he only got 2 caps for Scotland as well.

RFC_52
02-07-2010, 11:21
I was about 13 at the time and I was at a game with my old Granda and his mate(Biggest Bluenose you would hope to meet.) and had a bad knee from being a Parachute instructor so we got to use the lift up to the Club Deck. We were stand there and the God himself Brian Laudrup walks in and stands right in front of me. As we walk out of the lift and go down the corridor to the door and my Granda says

"Do you know who that is" to me I am about to answer with the Legend himself and all that but my Granda's mate says "Oh your the one with the brother thats good at football."

Oh my god I could have killed him although God laugh got a photo and signature. It was brilliant

DavieCooperLoyal18
02-07-2010, 11:23
When i worked on the Seacat Scotland I served John Brown and his mate at the bar one day and i said to him i would give him a few free drinks if he could get me a couple of tickets for the Scottish Cup Final against Hearts at the Beggardome. He took my number and said he would see what he could do.

The Thurs before the final the phone rings and my ma shouts, "that's John Brown on the phone". One of my best mates is also called John Brown so i just answered it thinking it was him but to my amazement it was our very own Bomber Brown saying that he had 2 tickets for me for the cup final and i can pick them up on day of final.

To me, that spoke volumes about the guy. A Rangers legend to me. :)

kennymac
02-07-2010, 12:38
We had a Lodge do (Shalom 1600) in the Thornton Suite a number of years back.
Part of the deal was that we could visit the trophy room.
The league trophy was missing from it's place in the cabinet. However, there was a blue flight case over in the corner.
Yup you guessed it. It had been loaned out to a charity that day, and hadn't been put back.
Yours truly quickly flicked the catches open and out came the trophy for some great photo moments.:)

We were then taken to the Blue Room, and as God is my judge, the door to the Managers office was unlocked. A number of us, including our RWM had our photos taken at the Managers desk.
Next we were shown the Board Room.
The next day (Sunday) we were playing the pond life.
As we left Ibrox in the wee small hours, we were absolutely cock a hoop about our great experience.

As we reached Copland Road, we met an older couple who were standing looking at the beautifully lit up front facade of Ibrox.

It was Kai Johansson and his wife who were staying at the Swallow. They wanted a stroll before bed, and had come down to gaze at Ibrox. We took great delight in telling him that one of our Brethren had named his son after him.

I appreciate that it all sounds a bit far fetched for one night, but a number of FF posters were there that night, including Ionabrick and The Legend.

I'll never forget it.

whizz
02-07-2010, 12:51
just after he had signed my mate and I saw big Amo in October Cafe he was in with Seb Rozenthal both just looking uber cool standing at the bar, my mate decided then and there to grow his hair long, he did and still has it to this day (doesnt quite look as cool but dont have the heart to tell him)

Job No.86/20
02-07-2010, 12:55
We had a Lodge do (Shalom 1600) in the Thornton Suite a number of years back.
Part of the deal was that we could visit the trophy room.
The league trophy was missing from it's place in the cabinet. However, there was a blue flight case over in the corner.
Yup you guessed it. It had been loaned out to a charity that day, and hadn't been put back.
Yours truly quickly flicked the catches open and out came the trophy for some great photo moments.:)

We were then taken to the Blue Room, and as God is my judge, the door to the Managers office was unlocked. A number of us, including our RWM had our photos taken at the Managers desk.
The next day (Sunday) we were playing the pond life.
As we left Ibrox in the wee small hours, we were absolutely cock a hoop about our great experience.

As we reached Copland Road, we met an older couple who were standing looking at the beautifully lit up front facade of Ibrox.

It was Kai Johansson and his wife who were staying at the Swallow. They wanted a stroll before bed, and had come down to gaze at Ibrox. We took great delight in telling him that one of our Brethren had named his son after him.

I appreciate that it all sounds a bit far fetched for one night, but a number of FF posters were there that night, including Ionabrick and The Legend.

I'll never forget it.

brilliant story pal,

loved reading that

Rustledust
02-07-2010, 13:01
on the way back and met God himself Brian Laudrup who was due up on stage to collect his reward but he still shook my hand (did wash my hands btw) autograph, photo and talked for a wee while. Think I was star struck / in awe of meeting God himself / or outright gay for 5 minutes and said something along the lines of "you have no idea what you mean to us" he said it was his pleasure to serve us.

Like that. Well played sir. Some players come and go, but there is only one God. I do not believe the emotions Rangers fans are capable of, can be matched by any other football club. It's what sets us apart.

wmason
02-07-2010, 13:11
Having Peter Cambell's medal in my possession for a while and then helping return it to Rangers (itís now in the Blue Room).

http://i47.tinypic.com/2woy4nd.jpg

WATP

ibroxclubworshipper
02-07-2010, 13:16
Getting nutmegged on the pitch by Gazza when I was mascot after he told me to 'come and get the ball'.

bobans27
02-07-2010, 13:21
Walking down the stairs towards my seat with my old man and my uncle at Hamden for my first old firm game, the 3-2 Peter Lovenkrands Cup Final.

I'd been to plenty Rangers games in the past during holidays etc but that was my first old firm game at the age of 17. What a day and experience it was.

leeh1992
02-07-2010, 13:36

What is the Boardroom like, i have saw plenty of pictures of the Trophy room, the Blue Room and the managers office but very few of the boardroom. Do you have any pics?

kennymac
02-07-2010, 13:48
What is the Boardroom like, i have saw plenty of pictures of the Trophy room, the Blue Room and the managers office but very few of the boardroom. Do you have any pics?

It was smaller than you would expect, but what struck me was the blue tiled fireplace.

I have a number of photos, but none on my PC :o It was a few years ago!!

I'll try and look them out and post them.

pol1
02-07-2010, 13:59
Like that. Well played sir. Some players come and go, but there is only one God. I do not believe the emotions Rangers fans are capable of, can be matched by any other football club. It's what sets us apart.

I know exactly what you mean, the same night Davie Cooper was inducted as well and his wife was presented with the award. Between the good lady talking about the great man and a short video of him on the big screen, I was close to tears and I'm not really like that. And for some reason I felt the need to meet her, thank her and that the great one will never be forgotten. Mrs Cooper appreciated it as well I felt

Old RW&B
02-07-2010, 15:20
Standing outside the Midland Hotel, York Road Belfast when Rangers played the Glens in 1967. The players come out to board their bus and Scot Symon gave me a Rangers badge. The whole team were stunned as I called them all by name, wee Willie shook my hand too.:D

Back in the mid 80's my boss gave me a Rangers lapel badge that had been given to him by his friend - Mr Scot Symon when he was manager of the Rangers. Still have it to this day.

Attended the Rangers player of the year awards in the Edmiston club - early 90's. Mr Wallace was there and despite his failing health, he still said hello and posed for pictures. To have met the great man, if only for a few minutes, is a memory that will live with me forever. A true Ranger.

leeh1992
02-07-2010, 15:37
It was smaller than you would expect, but what struck me was the blue tiled fireplace.

I have a number of photos, but none on my PC :o It was a few years ago!!

I'll try and look them out and post them.

Thanks for the Info.

Grandmaster_Suck
02-07-2010, 16:13
The magic of walking up to Ibrox midweek in the winter for a European night with that special buzz in the air.

The way a wave of electricity swept around the ground and the crowd rising when Coop was having one of those games.

bluenose123
02-07-2010, 16:19
Ian Durrant bumping into me on xmas eve in princes square when I was a wean. He rubbed my head and said 'sorry wee man'. I was star struck :D

imager
02-07-2010, 17:02
The magic of walking up to Ibrox midweek in the winter for a European night with that special buzz in the air.

The way a wave of electricity swept around the ground and the crowd rising when Coop was having one of those games.

I know exactly where your coming from, imho Ibrox is even more special at night, as it comes into view and the glow of the floodlights can be seen its breathtaking, it makies the hairs on my neck stand up.

annanberr06
02-07-2010, 23:08
I recently bought the Bob McPhail book ,after it was highly recommended by all on here. [great read ] Then just a fortnight ago,i managed to get the programme from the title party day in 1987 vs St.Mirren ,and it was signed by all the team on the day ,plus Walter Smith,Graeme Souness ,David Holmes and the late great Bob McPhail. I will treasure this wee item forever

rez_1873
02-07-2010, 23:25
Couldn't find my dad after a game, went into the wee side door at Ibrox to the office to see if he'd been in there asking after me.

He had, as I was about to walk out the boy behind the desk said for me to go out the front door.

I wasn't sure why, but as I walked into the main entrance standing there was Paul Gascogne, coat draped over one arm, can of McEwans Lager in the other standing talking to Richard Gough.

I was 14 at the time and never been so awe struck in my life.

souness4
02-07-2010, 23:41
Not really a "thing" as such but I remember my old man lifting me up when the fifth goal against them went in 1080p, crystal clear, HD. 22 years ago, scary.

Episode9
02-07-2010, 23:42
In 1980 my Dad bought me a Rangers keyring from a wee shop in Bridlington when we where on holiday, I was only 9 at the time and for me it was a real big moment.

Although always encouraged to support Rangers my Dad always seemed a little quiet when I pursued information about the club in my early years, In later years I found out he had been at the disaster in '71 (5 weeks before my birth) ,and from whatever he saw that day he went from an Ibrox regular to only ever attending one match since- when he took me to my first Rangers game ever in 1983.

That wee keyring means the world to me, it's like a wee bit of my Dad's heart that he left back at Ibrox in 1971.

Sorry. :o

Red_White_and_Ajax
02-07-2010, 23:43
Not really a "thing" as such but I remember my old man lofting me up when the fifth goal against them went in 1080p, crystal clear, HD. 22 years ago, scary.

its amazing the things that stick with you like that

I remember we were doing them 3-0 at Ibrox during the bad years and I was sitting in the Copland

the ball was switched from left to right and Ted McMinn was standing in acres of space , not a player near him for about 30 yards in all directions

paisleyprod
02-07-2010, 23:51
I recall one of my first games at Ibrox. I spent more time running about the main stand than watching the game and seem to recall my gran and grandfather both being there.

absent friends.

annanberr06
03-07-2010, 00:12
A permanent reminder i have is from 1975. I had started to go to a lot of games with my dad on the old Annan bus,but he was working down south on this occasion. It was a LC section tie ,1-1 vs Motherwell. Because i was only 11 ,i had to be escorted to the game by one of my dad's mates. Well,after being encourged to try Eldorado and Four Crown ,i was pretty merry. When Greigy scored the equaliser [a 30 odd yard screamer] my chaperone grabbed me and his fag scorched a hole in my arm. I started greeting ,as you do,and my chaperone turned to one of the other fellas and said "look what that goal means to the wee man, thats Rangers for ye!" totally oblivious to what he had done. Still got the scar to this day

broxi87
03-07-2010, 00:17
coincidentally i was thinking about this yesterday and today and it never really struck me until last night,i had met Andy Goram at a book signing for about a minute and got a photo with him(i was a HUGE fan of his back in the day), a few months later i was at a do where was doing a bit of speaking and i wanted an autograph on the photo,so he finished his speech and went downstairs right after it (he had said he was happy to sign autographs after a wee break), but i wasn't for waiting and risking missing out so i went down the stairs and into the room and their he was just sitting with his burd and a pint, (there was a buffet aswell) i asked if he would mind signing the photo and instead of signing it and leaving it at that he told me to take a seat told me a few stories and talked to me at length in the end he signed about 7 autographs for all my friends who didnt make it (at his insistence!), i also got a feed from the buffet and about 5 pics on my phone ( to make sure the pic came out clear) then the guy who set the event up came downstairs with a camera and asked if we could have a photo (he put's them up on a board in the pub) after he took one Andy shouted him back and said get another one of me and the Bigman. i have the photo signed and on my wall and i will never forget that day! anyone who say's a bad word about him isnt a friend of mine.

I also got to sit with Colin Stein and i had to keep reminding myself who he was,it was quite surreal! got a fantastic photo of us aswell.

Sorry for this post being so long winded,but it meant the world to me!

souness4
03-07-2010, 01:54
its amazing the things that stick with you like that

I remember we were doing them 3-0 at Ibrox during the bad years and I was sitting in the Copland

the ball was switched from left to right and Ted McMinn was standing in acres of space , not a player near him for about 30 yards in all directions

It is, mate. I still remember what the guy that sat next to us that day looked like. He didn't usually sit next to us but he and my Da were quickly pals that day. ;)

I remember sitting on the front wall at Fir Park watching Coop warm up ten yards away. Me and my wee brother mesmerized.

bobans27
03-07-2010, 02:42
I know exactly where your coming from, imho Ibrox is even more special at night, as it comes into view and the glow of the floodlights can be seen its breathtaking, it makies the hairs on my neck stand up.

I agree ;)

http://i46.tinypic.com/2hoe63r.jpg

demis-dado
03-07-2010, 08:19
I'll never forget meeting the entire squad at Munich Airport in 88 after a game with Bayern. Big Terry Butcher; much maligned on here; was sitting all glum faced as We'd drew nil nil but went out 3-1 on aggregate.
'cheer up and come get a photo big guy' says yours truely. 'I'm gutted especially for you guys who spent all that money to come out and watch Us even though We were 3-1 down. You guys are the greatest'.
I've met alot of players and ex players since but that always sticks with me. He never even smiled in the photo ;)

cookiemonster
03-07-2010, 20:43
I've had in my hand,a scottish cup winners medal,and a players contract with Rangers,from the 1930's,

his name was Robert Main,his son is a sprightly 75 year old,also had my hands on the OP's Jimmy Smith club tie and silk scarf

TamfaeKP
03-07-2010, 21:07
I agree ;)

http://i46.tinypic.com/2hoe63r.jpg

Stunning pic, a truly wonderful sporting arena.

:)

tamtherangersman
03-07-2010, 21:18

i love those nights suck, its unexplainable.
all day at work the adrenalin is pumping through the veins knowing a european night at Ibrox beckons.
a home game in the league just isnt the same for some reason.

gers1978
03-07-2010, 21:20
Getting a lift with Walter Smith to our boys club U13 away game (his younger son Steven played with us) right in the middle of 9IAR, and getting lost cos the daft bassa didn't know where he was going. He took the 4 of us for chips instead and drove us home!

I know Smith fairly well (his older boy Neil was in my classes at high school) and he's a true gent and a true Ranger.

Mrs_Prso
03-07-2010, 21:34
Not really that strange but I'll never forget my first ever away game was a cold Wednesday night against Dundee when I was about 9 or 10. I've never been as cold in my life and I just remember cheering on Marco Negri all night. Also remember thinking I was a right wee rebel because I was getting to stay up really late on a school night. :D

rundgren
03-07-2010, 21:45
Playing snooker about 15 years ago with Willie mathieson as my double partner was great also when I started out working 32 years ago was meeting Bob Mcphail at that time he was part of McPhail and Meikle electrical wholesalers it was a pleasure.

sirdrinksalot
03-07-2010, 21:48
The game in which we beat the mhanks 2nil at the beggardome and big Hateley scored the 2 of them. We were on holiday in San Diego at the time and I went to bed the previous night wondering and worrying what the score would be, I woke up at 9am with the cheers and shouts from my auld boy and uncle, we had got the call from Glasgow - the bears and big Hateley had done the business. I jumped into the pool with my gear on, what a day we had :D

Russell_Nash
03-07-2010, 21:58
Not really that strange but I'll never forget my first ever away game was a cold Wednesday night against Dundee when I was about 9 or 10. I've never been as cold in my life and I just remember cheering on Marco Negri all night. Also remember thinking I was a right wee rebel because I was getting to stay up really late on a school night. :D

wrang team ya wee rebel bassa

madpup
03-07-2010, 22:01
[QUOTE=Duranman;11582584]If I've understood Japanese horror correctly, you're fecked mate[/QUOTE

id hide ma face if a had to wear a green top to m8:)

kronenbear
03-07-2010, 22:13
the great jock wallace walking into the ballboys changing room not long after he came back and checking all the ballboys boots :eek:,near shit myself:o

daughters picture with ian durrant outside the main door after her 1st day at school:)

rundgren
18-01-2012, 23:43
Back when i started going to the games in the main stand with my older brother in the early 70s the smell of cigar smoke....

braeside58
18-01-2012, 23:50
Going to visit my mum in hospital after Helicopter Sunday.

It was the last time we won the league before she sadly passed away.

scooby
19-01-2012, 00:17
I work in the jewellery trade, and I have some friends who were relatives of George Young.

They introduced me to a lady who if I remember correctly was George Youngs daughter. She had a medal belonging to her dad, Glasgow cup winner season 1956/7 again, I believe that was the date.

She gave me the medal and asked for it to be melted and the gold used to make two matching wedding bands, his and hers. I told her that I could get her gold to make the rings without destroying this great memento, but she insisted that she wanted her fathers gold to be melted so that it could be worn by her and her husband.

I could easily have substituted scrap gold and kept the medal. It broke my heart, but I had given her my word. I made sure that it was melted and converted to the wedding bands as she asked.

willie w
19-01-2012, 00:22
I used to go to the games along with my uncle and cousin. My uncle contracted asbestosis and after a few months deterioted quite quickly. While very ill he insisted that we took him to a game at Ibrox. We had to take him out at half time but you could tell he knew he would never be back.
Get a lump in my throat everytime i think about it. He was a lovely man who cared passionately about Rangers.

Amity75
19-01-2012, 00:59
19 years old sitting in the car pre match in the Edmiston carpark when an elderly man walks past, stops, rests his hand on our bonnet and starts talking to another guy. My dad says to me "You're too young to know who he is but that's Bobby Shearer". I instantly recognised his face from old programs and memorabilia. I'll always be thankful that I saw a proper Rangers legend in the flesh.

westwoodrsc_gm
19-01-2012, 01:20
When I was younger rangers vs the tarriers septic park 1998. I had got restless sitting down watching the game while the adults shouted at the tv so I went out a cycly on my bike. I was passing a house when I heard cheering which was obviously a goal. I was positive I heard " super ally ya beautyyyyyyyyy" from the guy, so cycled as fast as I could back to the house. Dumped bike outside and ran in to see smiles hugs etc. Sat and watched the rest of the match and was part of the celebrations for albertz beauty of a goal.

Also wont forget my first game vs arsenal 3-0 goughs testimonial

youngsy
19-01-2012, 01:37
Sitting talking to Jock Wallace in April 1994 in the Edmiston at a testimonial night for him on a Friday night. The place wasn't even half full either but speaking to Wallace and his sister was great. He was well down the road with Parkinsons but really made the effort that night. A shame there wasn't a better turn out for him though.

big_hec
19-01-2012, 06:59
Got a few but having Colin Stein and Bud Johnston in my house last April is way up there.

They were up for our dinner and I picked them up and had to go back for my phone. Mrs Hec’s face was a picture as I brought them in

the dug
19-01-2012, 08:07
Kris Boyd, eat your fecking heart out. Astonishing record and apparently he only got 2 caps for Scotland as well.

SDW played up front then - probably kept jimmy out the team

BarcaBillyBoy
19-01-2012, 08:15
Terry Hurlock firing me into a taxi as I was jaked outside the WRC has to be a favourite of recent times.

Albertz taking me to his car as he signed anautograph for me and presenting me with a stack of signed pics, that has to be up there. Wee Stuart McCall stopping me, my old man and mum on Haggs rd as we walked along to a training day, just to ask how my dad was a knowing me by my first name, I was about 4 and ecstatic!

The best thing is there is still loads of memories to come!!!