PDA

View Full Version : Paulo Di Canio

thebluenosebear
16-04-2010, 12:39
Probably opening a can of worms here but still...picked up his autobiography lastnight, so far not bad, anyone read it?

Where he's concerned I try to think of two different players, the idiot tarrier lunatic who was lucky Fergie didn't mame and kill and I truly despised and the genius footballer who graced the premiership and scored one of my favourite goals of all time..although forgeting the first part is very very difficult.

What do we all think when it comes to him and his career these days?

Flawed_Genius
16-04-2010, 12:41
Fall into the same category - hated him up here and wanted Fergie to rip him limb from limb but actually found him very entertaining when he moved south, and strangely my bitterness towards him didn't follow.

I've read his book too - a good read, even if he is a fascist head case....

jjbrfc
16-04-2010, 12:42
I think there are are probably a million plus books I'd rather pick up.

No doubt on his day he was a very good player. Odd thing to say all the same about that goal being one of your favourites. There are 1000 Rangers goals I'd call my favourite before that maniacs volley.

JimmyD1978
16-04-2010, 12:42
I hate the wee coward, shat it big time from fergie.

thebluenosebear
16-04-2010, 12:44

No doubt on his day he was a very good player. Odd thing to say all the same about that goal being one of your favourites. There are 1000 Rangers goals I'd call my favourite before that maniacs volley.

All about opinions mate, for me that goal was a thing of beauty, where as I love all out goals regardless from tap ins to Ray Wilkins thunder bolts as they all mean something different to me.

cannonball express
16-04-2010, 12:45
A very talented player who was tainted by his time at the piggery. His life can hardly be described as dull, so I'm sure that the book will be interesting!

suramericaranger
16-04-2010, 12:46
He said Ibrox was one of the best stadiums he had ever seen.

Still a ballsack.

superbear
16-04-2010, 12:46
A Mussolini-loving mediocrity. What's not to despise?

http://tinyurl.com/y5egvxc

carltonblue
16-04-2010, 12:50
A Mussolini-loving mediocrity. What's not to despise?

Waste of a good lamp post....

de canio was one of a number of borderline insane players for the scum around then, Cadete and Von hoydoonk (sp?) being others.

AN09
16-04-2010, 12:53
Wonder if he'd have picked the ball up, as he did in an Everton V West Ham game, when he was at Celtic?

A Loon, according to 'Arry Redknapp, very much a got and cold player and remember his shove on Referee Paul Altadger into the bargain.

Would give him the benefit of being colourful.

craigie
16-04-2010, 12:59
I remember listening to Celtc playing Hearts on the bus radio as we made our way up to Dufftown for an overnight stay before heading to Pittodrie the next day.

The arsehole getting sent off AFTER scoring a penalty was hilarious!!!

25/10

Loves To Spooge
16-04-2010, 13:06
Probably opening a can of worms here but still...picked up his autobiography lastnight, so far not bad, anyone read it?

Where he's concerned I try to think of two different players, the idiot tarrier lunatic who was lucky Fergie didn't mame and kill and I truly despised and the genius footballer who graced the premiership and scored one of my favourite goals of all time..although forgeting the first part is very very difficult.

feel the same way, really loathed hm when he was at torbett towers (well who wouldnt?), but cant deny he was an outstanding footballer. His scissor kick goal for West Ham was unbelievable tbh

scoot78
16-04-2010, 13:07
He said Ibrox was one of the best stadiums he had ever seen.

Still a ballsack.

Did he say that in his book?

He was a superb footballer, but 'aff his heid'!

oldskool-b-boy
16-04-2010, 13:16
Sh1te bag. good player though.

suramericaranger
16-04-2010, 13:16
Did he say that in his book?

He was a superb footballer, but 'aff his heid'!

I don't know.

He said it in a Rangers matchday programme though.

Very dissapointing that it has taken this long for this clip to be posted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YP1guLeKFg

Sir Duncan Ferguson
16-04-2010, 13:18
I've read it.

A horrible horrible scumbag. Sees himself as some sort of hero because he was part of a mob who stabbed a copper to death

Jelle1880
16-04-2010, 13:20
have double feelings about him.

The way he behaved when playing for the scum was disgraceful, but what he did at West ham showed he is not a thug.
I don't care for his politics, I just think he's a guy that gets carried away very fast.

We all know how they brainwash new players at the tattiedome, if he'd signed for us maybe he would behave like he did in England: Passionate but fair.

StuFA
16-04-2010, 13:22
I don't know.

Very dissapointing that it has taken this long for this clip to be posted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YP1guLeKFg

Always makes me laugh!! eh Boogie....;)

Earth Worm Jim
16-04-2010, 13:22
i thought he was unbelievably over rated!

Carbear
16-04-2010, 13:23
Nah, cannot stand the wee cant!

actofunion
16-04-2010, 13:23

A Fascist Fenian Prik.

That is all:ninja:

actofunion
16-04-2010, 13:24
have double feelings about him.

The way he behaved when playing for the scum was disgraceful, but what he did at West ham showed he is not a thug.
I don't care for his politics, I just think he's a guy that gets carried away very fast.

We all know how they brainwash new players at the tattiedome, if he'd signed for us maybe he would behave like he did in England: Passionate but fair.

Like when he pushed the Ref over?

cskasofia
16-04-2010, 13:26
He said the "problems" with Old Firm bigotry were the fault of segregated schools!!!

Loves To Spooge
16-04-2010, 13:27

that was hilarious

was also funny when winterburn went running in like a hard man and when di canio turned and lifted his arm winterburn shat his pants :D

allesfürdenhsv
16-04-2010, 13:28
I've never userstood how he was so rated by so many at West Ham.

cannonball express
16-04-2010, 13:29

The referee should have been done for simulation. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TFVuHrwgyY

bobans27
16-04-2010, 13:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGMJD0LFCks&NR=1

actofunion
16-04-2010, 13:33
The referee should have been done for simulation. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TFVuHrwgyY

Doesn't stop Di Canio being a thug and a scumbag;)

Sir Duncan Ferguson
16-04-2010, 13:33
He said the "problems" with Old Firm bigotry were the fault of segregated schools!!!

Within a month of arriving in Scotland Di Canio publically commented that 75% of Scottish referees were masons and hated Celtic.

In short, the guy was mental case who was urged on by bigots such as Burns and Grant at the Scumhut...

Dave Angell
16-04-2010, 13:36
Within a month of arriving in Scotland Di Canio publically commented that 75% of Scottish referees were masons and hated Celtic.

In short, the guy was mental case who was urged on by bigots such as Burns and Grant at the Scumhut...

:agree:

Quickly played to the masses (pardon the pun) by his comments above & his behaviour towards Fergie at the end of the 9IAR decider.

I'm sure Amoruso also states in his book that his good friend Paulo warned him about playing for Rangers that we would'nt accept him because he was a RC.

He was a deranged bigot, tailor-made for that cesspit.

scoot78
16-04-2010, 13:39

Quickly played to the masses (pardon the pun) by his comments above & his behaviour towards Fergie at the end of the 9IAR decider.

I'm sure Amoruso also states in his book that his good friend Paulo warned him about playing for Rangers that we would'nt accept him because he was a RC.

He did. (I've just read the Amo book for the first time)

Amo said that nothing could be further from the truth.

marlborough1650
16-04-2010, 13:41
Fascist. Self confessed. Says it all really.
A **** of a man is still a **** of a man, whether he can play football or guitar or write poetry.
Very few can transcend this, and they, my friends, walk in the realm of geniuses.

justagrin

His goal was never as good as the Bergkamp goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XgP44N2Mps

Bristol_bnose

To be fair that ref was a daft tit who made a total meal of the push and fell over in about 12 installments.

Can't say i've got strong feelings either way but i do know football would be a much duller game without guys like Difanio.

jabwatp
After the incident when he threatened to "snap" Fergie, he was the only player who didn't go to the players lounge after the game, probably for fear of getting sore baws

A coward and a scumbag, probably not the full shilling either

Loves To Spooge
16-04-2010, 13:43

really? what a wanker.

must have felt like a dick when amoruso was made captain and became one of the most popular players in the team

TheBattleFever
16-04-2010, 13:48
A very good player but an utter lowlife of a human being.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
16-04-2010, 13:54
He was mollycoddled beyond belief at Celtic.

There's a story in his book I'm sure where he instigates a training ground punch up with Peter Grant and Burns orders Di Canio back to Parkhead and calls him "a disgrace to his team mates". Di Canio tells them all to get fu.cked, that he was leaving and that they were fu.cking losers without him and walks back to Parkhead from Barrowfield.

Within two minutes, Burns drove after him and apologised to him and told him he would never let things get out of hand again...

TheBattleFever
16-04-2010, 13:57
He was mollycoddled beyond belief at Celtic.

There's a story in his book I'm sure where he instigates a training ground punch up with Peter Grant and Burns orders Di Canio back to Parkhead and calls him "a disgrace to his team mates". Di Canio tells them all to get fu.cked, that he was leaving and that they were fu.cking losers without him and walks back to Parkhead from Barrowfield.

Within two minutes, Burns drove after him and apologised to him and told him he would never let things get out of hand again...

They were fu.cking losers with him as well :)

j1j1s1
16-04-2010, 13:57
Wonder if he'd have picked the ball up, as he did in an Everton V West Ham game, when he was at Celtic?

A Loon, according to 'Arry Redknapp, very much a got and cold player and remember his shove on Referee Paul Altadger into the bargain.

Would give him the benefit of being colourful.

Not the best choice of words for a Nazi Fascist.:D

exiled_bear
16-04-2010, 14:00
After the incident when he threatened to "snap" Fergie, he was the only player who didn't go to the players lounge after the game, probably for fear of getting sore baws

A coward and a scumbag, probably not the full shilling either

Fergie would have put him in hospital and Di Canio knew that and sh*t it big style.

http://i44.tinypic.com/11gjept.gif

thebluenosebear
16-04-2010, 14:03

He sent his daughter to a non-denominal school during their time in Glasgow believe it or not rather than an all catholic one.

turrabear
16-04-2010, 14:05
would have been quite happy if ian ferguson had lamped him

Go_Bert_Go
16-04-2010, 14:51
"This man was born to play for Celtic" - Tommy Burns

macaloon9
16-04-2010, 14:58

What does he say about him ducking Fergie?

thebluenosebear
16-04-2010, 15:01
What does he say about him ducking Fergie?

Only started it mate, I would imagine that is much further on plus i'm reading Ginolas too just now and he is giving everyone it tight. :D

Blueroses
16-04-2010, 16:18
He should have been sectioned years ago.

Les Briggs Loyal
16-04-2010, 16:34
Another one of his "many salutes"...............A clown,who has "psychiatric issues".

http://i40.tinypic.com/2py9ehh.jpg

Craigvinean
16-04-2010, 16:52
Pity we have nobody anywhere near as good as he was.

grangers
16-04-2010, 17:10
Yet another FF boak inducing thread :roll:

King William
16-04-2010, 18:10
He is a typical Fascist shytebag Pryck.

I wouldn't piss on his book if it was on fire.

If Fergie had got the little guttersnipe that day at Torbett Towers, the little pipsqueak wouldn't be with us today.

thommo2006
16-04-2010, 18:15
Anyone who says he wasn't a decent player is either retarded or have on the blue tinted specs.

He was a brilliant player and rightly so was praised by fans of the clubs he played for much in the same way we loved Laudrup (Not saying he was as good as God but if a Chelsea fan turned around and said Laudrup was shit we would go mental)

He was an absolute loon though but in a way this probably added to his flair.

Gizzelle
16-04-2010, 18:17
Paulo Di Canio and John Hughes - good guys.

Steven Naismith and Kyle Lafferty - gutless, talentless shitebags.

Ridiculous really..

Bob
16-04-2010, 19:10

uck leave him alone, he's a good guy or something :roll:

****ing pathetic

Di Canio is a ****

Kel
16-04-2010, 19:13
I was clean out of books and picked this up and was surprised, the taig stuff is the usual vomit inducing stuff but his early life and general story is pretty good.

The one and only filth player's book I've ever read

Nope I've read Kenny Dalglish too

garyw09
16-04-2010, 19:43
Paulo Di Canio and John Hughes - good guys.

Steven Naismith and Kyle Lafferty - gutless, talentless shitebags.

Ridiculous really..

Sad but true.

Paulo Di Canio is a dirty scumbag of the highest order, I really wish he had taken Fergie a square go.

Kai_millie1872
16-04-2010, 19:55
Hated him here and never really changed until he went to the Irons,Thats when he showed how good a footballer,professional and influence he really was!!!
Still wished fergie had kicked his coont in that day though!!

Bonkle Bear
16-04-2010, 23:57
I prefer Roma out of the two main Roman clubs because of him.

Cannot stand him at all but a very gifted footballer none the less

garymc1984
17-04-2010, 00:07

I have to agree.

Some saying they have double feelings towards him, FFS :eek:

Amity75
17-04-2010, 00:07
A f*cked up car crash of a man. Ideally suited to that mob. Would have been interesting to see how he'd have turned out if we'd signed him though. When a player signs for us or that skanky bunch it tends to shape their life. He'd probably be Italian PM by now if he'd signed for us.

pastmaster95 & 244
17-04-2010, 00:10
Scumbag bassa who Tick Tock McNee regularly spunked over.

munkoomccoist
17-04-2010, 00:15
I hated the c*nt at Celtic and i probably hated him even more after he went to the EPL. He was good on his day but always reminded me of a poor mans Zola.

jim_baxter1960
17-04-2010, 00:28
A marriage made in Hell. A faschist playing for a faschist club (and I don't mean Lazio!)

geezerFCU
06-05-2011, 02:49
Di Canio Fanclub

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5271/laziove7.jpg

Renoranger
06-05-2011, 04:39
I hate the wee coward, shat it big time from fergie.

He is not wee and on the field he never backed off from Ferguson. That is a myth, in fact it looks like on the video Ferguson doesn't want to go near him.
I have heard rumours on here that there was afters later, but don't know if that has ever been confirmed.

Marvellous player, more skill than Larsson, but could not stand him playing for the yahoos.

Once again on FF, someone who is hated must be wee.:roll:

halfaperson
06-05-2011, 06:30
a monumental scumbag, and hugely over-rated

tazzabear
06-05-2011, 06:40

Nothing odd about it.
What I find odd is that, to some, you cannot appreciate an outstanding piece of footballing skill if it didn't come from a Rangers player.
Also, you may measure "favourite" in different ways, and not be as close minded as to think that favourite goals can only be goals that involved Rangers in some way or another.
One of my favourite goals was one that Scott McDonald scored for Motherwell.
As a player, I used to watch strikers and appreciate some of the tap ins.
Like one that Voller scored against Scotland or technically brilliant finishes like Ian Rush against, and now it's a memory block, but Brighton comes to mind.

tazzabear
06-05-2011, 06:43
He is not wee and on the field he never backed off from Ferguson. That is a myth, in fact it looks like on the video Ferguson doesn't want to go near him.
I have heard rumours on here that there was afters later, but don't know if that has ever been confirmed.

Marvellous player, more skill than Larsson, but could not stand him playing for the yahoos.

Once again on FF, someone who is hated must be wee.:roll:

On the day the infamous incident occurred, Di Canio is quite clearly indicating to Ferguson that he was going to break something.
Ferguson, also quite clearly, invited him outside, or off the park, which, of course, didn't happen.
There was definitely "afters".

doogsternz
06-05-2011, 07:55
horrible little rat.burns was right about him being born to play for that lot.no doubting he was a player,but an obnoxious, odious and probably smelly little sh1t who was nothing more than a tosser who could play.f2ck him and all who sail in him:mad:

rambobear
06-05-2011, 08:01
a fantastic player in his day and a total nut job.

i would have loved it if we signed him first!!!

Fergie would have feckin gkilled hi if he hadnt shat it and bolted into the dressing room, i was surprised that fergie didnt kick down the timmy door to get him

Alster
06-05-2011, 08:07
a fantastic player in his day and a total nut job.

i would have loved it if we signed him first!!!

Fergie would have feckin gkilled hi if he hadnt shat it and bolted into the dressing room, i was surprised that fergie didnt kick down the timmy door to get him

Agree with most of that. Putting aside who he played for up here, I loved watching him down south, and can still appreciate the fact that he was an outstanding talent, who entertained and as has been mentioned, was off his nut at the same time.

s_h_u_n_t_e_r
06-05-2011, 08:10
I never thought he was such a good player, certainly don't remember him doing much damage in the Old Firm games.

Sam_English
06-05-2011, 08:10
Couldn't force myself to read his autobiography if you paid me.

He thought he was a hard man until he met Fergie.

bubbafatass
06-05-2011, 08:37
An excellent player and character , just a shame he was scarred by the sellick

hellofollow
06-05-2011, 08:56
The best I ever saw of Di Canio was The Goalie dunting the ball off him. twice.:D

Jelle1880
06-05-2011, 09:03
really? what a wanker.

must have felt like a dick when amoruso was made captain and became one of the most popular players in the team

Don't see why that comment is so weird, some people seem to have issues coming to terms with the fact that Rangers were (And to some still are) seen as anti-Catholic.

We know better, but sadly that's how a lot of people outside Scotland see us.

ozbluenose
06-05-2011, 09:12
A scumbag imho.

RSEA2009
06-05-2011, 09:23
a facist wanker

Id rather pick up a wattery dug shit than pick up his book

an ex Tim and a Nazi
whats not to hate?

Blue Lew
06-05-2011, 09:25
I suppose he's quite nice if shite bag, racist nazis are your thing.

RSEA2009
06-05-2011, 09:28
An excellent player and character , just a shame he was scarred by the sellick

if you like nazi's i suppose he is

Sir Duncan Ferguson
06-05-2011, 09:32
I never thought he was such a good player, certainly don't remember him doing much damage in the Old Firm games.

He was nothing more than a show pony frankly.

The difference between him and Laudrup was that Laudrup was a team player whereas Di Canio was out to make himself look good.

Witney Devil
06-05-2011, 09:32
Is the book Called "Mein Camp"?

kclarkhall
06-05-2011, 09:36
Is the book Called "Mein Camp"?

:):):):):):)

jcdno1
06-05-2011, 09:37
What do i think of Di Canio??

I hope he dies a slow painful death.

Nothing more to say on the fascist ****.

Blue Lew
06-05-2011, 09:41
I was once asked (by some dhims) who was the best player between Larrson and Di Canio.

I said Laudrup.:cool:

rupertdabear
06-05-2011, 09:48

hope you got it in a charity shop,wouldn't want to give him my dosh

hueybear
06-05-2011, 09:50
he`s a gimp

tam1912
06-05-2011, 09:52
hated him at the filth but i did take to him when he played for the hammers

rupertdabear
06-05-2011, 09:57
I don't know.

:Dabsolute class from the goalie.never tire of watching it . after the second hit he 's not sure wether to laugh or act the hardman so he just makes an arse of himself.one of my favourite ever goalie moments

Jelle1880
06-05-2011, 09:57
if you like nazi's i suppose he is

Maybe you should learn the difference between fascism and nazism. ;)

basiltherat
06-05-2011, 10:07
He had a rare footballing talent but was far too easy to wind up. I never thought he was half as effective against us as he should have been because our players at that time were so pofessional at messing with his head. He always wanted to seem to take on the whole team and would usually end up running into a corner.

After he left he seemed to blossom a bit in the EPL but was never that interested in him.

Bluekurst
06-05-2011, 10:12
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIsrg3QKJOtZcESIJGG0aO8KcGlzHKd aUDw-2bM2IgEIkW7Z2pWA

boris
06-05-2011, 10:29
Quite regularly players are described on here as being " decent/great player but slimeball of a human being". I think they perfectly sum up Di Canio.

womble 3
06-05-2011, 10:32
hughes , coyle now di fanio :roll:

AllysArmy
06-05-2011, 10:36
Fergie would have put him in hospital and Di Canio knew that and sh*t it big style.

http://i44.tinypic.com/11gjept.gif

He hardly sh#t it :D

I don't get were people get the idea di canio shat it?:o

thebluenosebear
06-05-2011, 10:37

Ian Fergusons book, he waited on him and Di Canio ran away, Ferguson then wanted to go and do him at celtcs training park, Tommy Burns phoned up Ferguson and asked him not to also told him he understood how angry he was about it.

garymc1984
06-05-2011, 10:50

Fergie went looking for the prick in the players lounge, Di Canio was off. Probably couldn't get away quick enough the piece of shite.

Bonkle Bear
06-05-2011, 10:51
Di Canio is the most talented mhank I have seen up against us.

garymc1984
06-05-2011, 10:54
Di Canio is the most talented mhank I have seen up against us.

bag a sweets was a far superior player.

Bonkle Bear
06-05-2011, 10:57
bag a sweets was a far superior player.

Always felt it was easier to keep Larsson quiet than Di Canio by cutting off his supply. He seemed to be able to produce something out of nothing against us. It's probably a good job he was as mental as it worked against him more often than not.

carltonblue
06-05-2011, 10:59
A lunatic, probably should have been locked up.

I did like his comment though that Jaap Stamm would have to shoot you with a machine gun before you got a penalty at Old Trafford.

Knowing di canio,he'd probably have shot stamm first.

billycampbell
06-05-2011, 11:56
ive also read his book. good read it was

53easy
06-05-2011, 12:10
He was nothing more than a show pony frankly.

The difference between him and Laudrup was that Laudrup was a team player whereas Di Canio was out to make himself look good.

Getting himself sent off after scoring a penalty against Hearts was the perfect example of that.

Stuart_WATP
06-05-2011, 12:21
How many caps does this "genius" have?

Bill the Butcher
06-05-2011, 12:26

Are you kidding? A mild breeze would have had the same effect. :D

that was hilarious

was also funny when winterburn went running in like a hard man and when di canio turned and lifted his arm winterburn shat his pants :D

I hated Winterburn, so his brown stained pants is one of my very favourite football memories. :)

Bill the Butcher
06-05-2011, 12:27
Oh, and for the record, DiFanio is a cock!

Calvers72
06-05-2011, 12:34
A very talented player no doubt about that, but of very dubious character as he showed on quite a few occasions and true to form like alot of people who enter the doors of celtic fc free of all THEIR baggage he bought into all the paranoia and vicTimhood that's so rife at the terror dome. That Nazi salute picture illustrates his time at the yahoos was a perfect match of likeminded people with a shared warped world view.