PDA

View Full Version : The Tim who was done for GBH in Barcelona, ever identified?

Porto Loyal
16-11-2009, 00:57
You know, the one that doesn't exist as far athe Scottish media are concerned, sweep sweep.

scotts52
16-11-2009, 00:58
never heard this. anymore info.????

Bomber_Jackson
16-11-2009, 01:05
You know, the one that doesn't exist as far athe Scottish media are concerned, sweep sweep.
Still slumming it for the next four years in a Spanish jail i believe.

billgers
16-11-2009, 01:11
Still slumming it for the next four years in a Spanish jail i believe.
I thought he got out as the family paid the relatives cash ,so the sentence was reduced and to be finished in Scotland

exilebear
16-11-2009, 01:14
I thought he got out as the family paid the relatives cash ,so the sentence was reduced and to be finished in Scotland
So whats the name?

billgers
16-11-2009, 01:16
So whats the name?

ask our media ,,there good at investigating serious assaults,

Royal Burgh Fanatic
16-11-2009, 01:29
So whats the name?

Your guess is as good as mine.

You'd think someone in the press would dig a bit deeper wouldn't you?

a1800uk
16-11-2009, 02:08
So whats the name?

It was in the Daily Record; someone started a thread re. this subject 5 or 6 days ago - didn't copy it, as couldn't care less about the *****. Have a "search" here on FF and you should get the info you need.

Scott196
16-11-2009, 02:26
Was it not something like John D

menghai
16-11-2009, 04:19
Sweep sweep. This never happened, nothing to see here.

baselbear
16-11-2009, 07:10
The relatives paid compensation to the victims so his sentence was reduced to the 4 years.

His father and the rest of the nine should have been in jail as well as they smuggled him back to the hotel. He wasn't arrested at the bar.

He has been almost certainly transferred back to Scotland to complete his sentence.

gersmad
16-11-2009, 07:27
Family paid compensation, sentenced to 4 years, Foreign office official asked for a media blackout on his identity after an approach from family, his was then transferred to Scotland to complete his sentence and in all probability is now out and back watching games at the piggery.

Southside_Shug
16-11-2009, 08:13
Was it not something like John D

Yes it was.

Name swept under the carpet so he can re-offend

MLF
16-11-2009, 08:17
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2008/07/16/celtic-thug-jailed-by-spanish-court-for-barcelona-attacks-to-be-sent-back-to-glasgow-86908-20645435/

A CELTIC fan has been sentenced to four years in jail by a Spanish court for two drink-fuelled Champions League attacks.

The teenage Hoops supporter battered two men with beer jugs ahead of a match against Barcelona.

The 19-year-old - known only as John D - appeared in court last week after spending more than four months behind bars.

Now he is set to be sent back home to Glasgow to serve the rest of his prison term.

A court heard how the thug assaulted a drinker and a bar owner on March 3 - hours before the clash at the Nou Camp.

He had been drinking with his dad and eight fellow fans in a pub in the town of Sabadell - 15 miles from Barcelona.

In a bar called Sinfo, he grabbed a half-litre beer jug and smashed it across the head of a local man. He then crashed a second glass over the head of the stunned bar owner, who had attempted to break up the fight.

Both victims required stitches in hospital - and the fan was quickly arrested.

He was later identified by three witnesses and has been held in Can Brians jail since then.

Last week, the teenager was jailed for four years for the attacks.

It emerged his family had paid £2300 in compensation to the victims, which helped to reduce his sentence.

A court source said: "The expectation is that in the short term, he will be placed in a prison in Scotland."

Number_Eight
16-11-2009, 09:57
Why has there been no call for identification?

Why have our newspapers effectively swept this under the carpet?

Worthy_Candidate
16-11-2009, 10:08

Possibly as they know fine well who this cheeky craicster is?

My bet is that his father is a high ranking politician. Must be very highly ranked as being the offspring of a well known politician did not save Gary Mulgrew from being named and shamed in the press.

peasngravy
16-11-2009, 10:11
Looks like a case for the FF Detective Bureau.

stoddy
16-11-2009, 10:15
I would think it would have been a relation of someone who has a lot of political clout. Now does that fit anyone at Breeze Block Central?

deedle
16-11-2009, 10:20

Could it be a case of Wee John Knows? ;)

baselbear
16-11-2009, 10:21
Possibly as they know fine well who this cheeky craicster is?

My bet is that his father is a high ranking politician. Must be very highly ranked as being the offspring of a well known politician did not save Gary Mulgrew from being named and shamed in the press.

Which meant that the father was an uncharged accomplice. His companions hussled him away from the scene and he was later arrested in his hotel.

Huistra23
16-11-2009, 10:21
I would think it would have been a relation of someone who has a lot of political clout. Now does that fit anyone at Breeze Block Central?

are you saying we should "read" between the lines?

Number_Eight
16-11-2009, 10:22
Could it be a case of Wee John Knows? ;)
It certainly could.:D

anglarna_ger
16-11-2009, 10:32
surely the media blackout imposed by our politicians doesn't stop the spanish media from reporting his name. anyone speak spanish?

BakuBear
16-11-2009, 10:39

Lets face it we would be here all day naming politicans with bheggar leanings, the downtrodded that they are :roll: :roll:

electric_ian
16-11-2009, 10:44
The Spanish courts put a ban on his name being published..but don't think that would apply to the UK

Porto Loyal
16-11-2009, 10:54
I suspect John D is a psuedonymn, as none of the likely candidates politically had sons of that name/age.

There were a couple of possible candidates, but somebody must know?

jimjohn
16-11-2009, 11:07
Strange ,Why should it matter in Spain what his name is ???If it was a Spanish Mps son arrested in Scotland it would be irrevalent to us .

Southside_Shug
16-11-2009, 11:11
So this is not like Brian Quinn's son getting full publicity when they rioted at Vigo airport....the Cairman who seemed to vanish from the Donegal IRAoke when his presence never suited the agenda??

Worthy_Candidate
16-11-2009, 11:13
Strange ,Why should it matter in Spain what his name is ???If it was a Spanish Mps son arrested in Scotland it would be irrevalent to us .

I seem to recall that the Foreign Office asked the Spanish authorities not to disclose the name.

You would need a helluva lot of clout to ask the FCO to go to such lengths.

They might be willing to do this at the request of the Home Secretary, for example.

anglarna_ger
16-11-2009, 11:46
surname death?

marlborough1650
16-11-2009, 11:46
A Freedom of Information request to the Home Office?
Why would it be in "the public interest" no to disclose?

Worthy_Candidate
16-11-2009, 11:48
A Freedom of Information request to the Home Office?
Why would it be in "the public interest" no to disclose?

We as taxpayers are paying to keep the horrible evil coont in the jail so you would think we should be entitled to find out who we are paying to keep?

anglarna_ger
16-11-2009, 11:48
certainly worth asking. it's the information commissioner you ask, i think

Worthy_Candidate
16-11-2009, 11:54
Unfortunately Data Protection rules apply alongside Freedom of Information.

This will mean that an individual's name will not be released I suspect.

All an FOI request would tell you is what you already know. Ie a nameless British subject was arrested and convicted in Spain and is serving the remainder of their time in the UK.

Someone in Spain would be ideally placed to find out - unless the Spanish went to extra special legths to protect identity. If they went that far you can bet your boots that it would have been a senior member of the UK establishment. I dunno perhaps a former Defence Secretary or maybe a Home Secretary? NO making any allegations obviously, just a hint at the sort of position one might be required to hold to get this sort of thing done.

marlborough1650
16-11-2009, 12:01
Yes, might be tricky. If he had been found guilty in this country then it would have been difficult to keep his name out of the news media. Is there a statutry basis for assuming that he has a right of protection merely because he was tried and sentenced abroad?

scottylad72
16-11-2009, 12:09
Deflect Deny and Lie its the septic shame

Porto Loyal
16-11-2009, 12:30
I don't think it is Reid - both his sons are older than that (One is called Mark, in his early 30s, the other Kevin, who will be in his late 30s now). Both have been 'in the news', Kevin for one of the early Lobbygate stories, Mark because he married a girl whose father was wanted by the cops (Who at the time ran a Rangers pub in Tenerife) http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/sunday-mail-glasgow-scotland/mi_7994/is_2005_Sept_4/fugitive-minister-villain-joins-reid/ai_n37602197/

stoddy
16-11-2009, 13:24
I don't think it is Reid - both his sons are older than that (One is called Mark, in his early 30s, the other Kevin, who will be in his late 30s now). Both have been 'in the news', Kevin for one of the early Lobbygate stories, Mark because he married a girl whose father was wanted by the cops (Who at the time ran a Rangers pub in Tenerife) http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/sunday-mail-glasgow-scotland/mi_7994/is_2005_Sept_4/fugitive-minister-villain-joins-reid/ai_n37602197/

Would not have been them was thinking more of a nephew type with his father whose brother/brother in law may know certain people.

icrfc
16-11-2009, 13:27
I was talking to a tim at work about this and he even denied it when I showed him the story about it.

He said "somebody on Follow Follow must have made that up"

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2008/07/16/celtic-thug-jailed-by-spanish-court-for-barcelona-attacks-to-be-sent-back-to-glasgow-86908-20645435/

deedle
16-11-2009, 13:27

Reid's nephew was done for possession of a knife a couple of years back....

four_step
16-11-2009, 13:32

And there was Cannibis found in Reid's house but no one was charged with posession.:angel:

Porto Loyal
16-11-2009, 13:51

Mmmm, ages fit as well

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sunday-mirror/tm_headline=reid-nephew-knife-shame&method=full&objectid=18944337&siteid=98487-name_page.html

stoddy
16-11-2009, 13:52
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sunday-mirror/tm_headline=reid-nephew-knife-shame&method=full&objectid=18944337&siteid=98487-name_page.html

The age would match, anyone know the guy seen him in the last year.

Bear_In_Orkney
16-11-2009, 14:06

The age would match, anyone know the guy seen him in the last year.

Compare & contrast the two statements in the Mirror article

McGowan - who said yesterday that he had the knife in his car because of his job as an apprentice joiner - spent last Saturday and Sunday nights in a police cell. He appeared in court on Monday and admitted two charges of possession of offensive weapons.

A family source said: "James is really shame-faced about showing up his uncle like this. He talks about him all the time. And his parents are furious with him for dragging the family name into the gutter.
"It seems word went round the teenage grapevine that there could be a fight at the party.
"Apparently, there was bad blood simmering between a couple of the guests. So James decided to go tooled up to protect himself.

In case someone threatened to knock together a couple of shelves?

:ninja:

Eric_Cartman
16-11-2009, 14:15
If you cast your mind back to 1992 I think when Rangers went down to Sunderland for a pre season match, some scumbag slashed a local guy.

The Daily Record had the guys badly scared face on the front of the paper and had a full report on the incident too. I welcome the report of an incident like that as I don't want any scum arsehole who would do something like that in our support.

So in 1992 the paper managed to find the victim and have him tell the story of his ordeal.

Fast forward 10 years and the same paper won't even print the name of an attacker who, without provocation, smashed 2 men in the face with a pint tumbler never mind interview either of the victims.

In the years following the attack you'd be lucky if you could find 20 paragraphs relating to the story in all the Scottish Newspapers.

The journalists would be falling over themselves if it involved our support.

The agenda has been set long ago and looks set to continue unoppossed.

bear all
16-11-2009, 14:20
It's a bloody disgrace considering what happened to innocent Rangers supporters in Manchester who had their faces all over the media and dragged from their beds,this Celtc supporter smashed a glass over a barmans head.It stinks to high heaven how there is a news blackout on this maybe he wasn't a Celtc supporter after all because people like him are not the true supporters of the Club or so we are told.

Le Big Bear Bum
16-11-2009, 19:22
Someone must know. A guy can't just disappear for 4 years.

Would do no harm to keep bumping this thread for a while.

Number_Eight
16-11-2009, 19:38
If you cast your mind back to 1992 I think when Rangers went down to Sunderland for a pre season match, some scumbag slashed a local guy.

The Daily Record had the guys badly scared face on the front of the paper and had a full report on the incident too. I welcome the report of an incident like that as I don't want any scum arsehole who would do something like that in our support.

So in 1992 the paper managed to find the victim and have him tell the story of his ordeal.

Fast forward 10 years and the same paper won't even print the name of an attacker who, without provocation, smashed 2 men in the face with a pint tumbler never mind interview either of the victims.

In the years following the attack you'd be lucky if you could find 20 paragraphs relating to the story in all the Scottish Newspapers.

The journalists would be falling over themselves if it involved our support.

The agenda has been set long ago and looks set to continue unoppossed.
This is incredible.

We have Rangers supporters publicly vilified across news agencies for the slightest imperfection, and with demands that the guilty are found and punished, and yet a serious case involving a guilty Celtic fan has more or less been blacked out.

Is it any wonder that our faith in the fourth estate is severely diminished?

snowy1690
16-11-2009, 21:13
In this day and age while we the true Rangers fans think of buying in to Rangers could we not make money by producing a paper that tells the truth about Scotlands shame.

1968 deek
16-11-2009, 21:20
Someone must know. A guy can't just disappear for 4 years.

Would do no harm to keep bumping this thread for a while.

great idea , i will bump it tommorrow,keep it at the top bears someone must know him.

Le Big Bear Bum
17-11-2009, 13:57
I'm wondering if this guy did in fact return to Scotland to complete his sentence.

The Daily Record article (posted on this thread) which claims that he is to be sent back to Scotland is dated 16 July 2008.

The following Evening Times article is dated 31 July 2008 (a fortnight later that the Record article) and does not mention any possibility of the guy returning to Scotland.

Celtic thug, 19, jailed for four years in Spain
A teenage Celtic fan today started a four-year prison sentence in Spain for hitting two men with pint glasses the night before his club played Barca last year.
The 19-year-old, named only as John, was also ordered to pay £1,145 damages to both men.
The accused was only referred to as John on the judge's orders following a request from his parents to the Foreign Office.
He was convicted of hitting a Barca fan and the owner of a bar at Sabadell, on the edge of the Catalan capital, ahead of their March 5 Champions League tie.
The court was told by the prosecution the fan, "without motive or provocation of the least kind", smashed a glass on the head of a rival supporter.
He then used another glass to hit the bar owner.
The accused has been held in prison since his arrest and the four months in custody will be deducted from his sentence. The press officer for the Catalan regional justice department said: "The judge ordered this man's name should not be made public so he is just John of Scotland."
It was not known whether details of the arrest have been passed on to Celtic.

Note - The above article was taken from http://rfcsimplythebest.blogspot.com/2008/12/celtic-fans-and-players-thuggery.html
I cannot find the original article on the ET site.

1968 deek
17-11-2009, 21:04
todays bump

Le Big Bear Bum
17-11-2009, 21:27
todays bump

true to your word ;)

longtimedead
17-11-2009, 21:41
Anyone thinking that 'John of Scotland' has rather high profile parents ?

Any 'normal' 19yo would not be afforded the anonymity surely ?

gersmad
17-11-2009, 21:50
I'm wondering if this guy did in fact return to Scotland to complete his sentence.

The Daily Record article (posted on this thread) which claims that he is to be sent back to Scotland is dated 16 July 2008.

The following Evening Times article is dated 31 July 2008 (a fortnight later that the Record article) and does not mention any possibility of the guy returning to Scotland.

A teenage Celtic fan today started a four-year prison sentence in Spain for hitting two men with pint glasses the night before his club played Barca last year.
The 19-year-old, named only as John, was also ordered to pay £1,145 damages to both men.
The accused was only referred to as John on the judge's orders following a request from his parents to the Foreign Office.
He was convicted of hitting a Barca fan and the owner of a bar at Sabadell, on the edge of the Catalan capital, ahead of their March 5 Champions League tie.
The court was told by the prosecution the fan, "without motive or provocation of the least kind", smashed a glass on the head of a rival supporter.
The accused has been held in prison since his arrest and the four months in custody will be deducted from his sentence. The press officer for the Catalan regional justice department said: "The judge ordered this man's name should not be made public so he is just John of Scotland."

Note - The above article was taken from http://rfcsimplythebest.blogspot.com/2008/12/celtic-fans-and-players-thuggery.html

Little bit here you have to pay for the rest

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/smgpubs/access/1526494551.html?dids=1526494551:1526494551&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=Jul+31%2C+2008&author=Anonymous&pub=Evening+Times&edition=&startpage=6&desc=Celtic+thug%2C+19%2C+jailed+for+four+years+in +Spain

Le Big Bear Bum
17-11-2009, 22:01
Little bit here you have to pay for the rest

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/smgpubs/access/1526494551.html?dids=1526494551:1526494551&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=Jul+31%2C+2008&author=Anonymous&pub=Evening+Times&edition=&startpage=6&desc=Celtic+thug%2C+19%2C+jailed+for+four+years+in +Spain

good find, thanks.

doesn't provide any further info but verifies the article. cheers.

baselbear
17-11-2009, 23:09

That is an assumption that many of us have made.

It would be very interesting to find out who the scumbag is.

Royal Burgh Fanatic
18-11-2009, 00:05

Key word there is 'started'.

paulah
18-11-2009, 00:30
So how long has he still to do in his sentence?

superbear
18-11-2009, 00:37
Called "John D" in the Daily Rectum....

Celtic thug jailed by Spanish court for Barcelona attacks to be sent back to Glasgow

Jul 16 2008

A CELTIC fan has been sentenced to four years in jail by a Spanish court for two drink-fuelled Champions League attacks.

The teenage Hoops supporter battered two men with beer jugs ahead of a match against Barcelona.

The 19-year-old - known only as John D - appeared in court last week after spending more than four months behind bars.

Now he is set to be sent back home to Glasgow to serve the rest of his prison term.

A court heard how the thug assaulted a drinker and a bar owner on March 3 - hours before the clash at the Nou Camp.

He had been drinking with his dad and eight fellow fans in a pub in the town of Sabadell - 15 miles from Barcelona.

In a bar called Sinfo, he grabbed a half-litre beer jug and smashed it across the head of a local man. He then crashed a second glass over the head of the stunned bar owner, who had attempted to break up the fight.

He was later identified by three witnesses and has been held in Can Brians jail since then.

It emerged his family had paid £2300 in compensation to the victims, which helped to reduce his sentence.

A court source said: "The expectation is that in the short term, he will be placed in a prison in Scotland."

1968 deek
18-11-2009, 23:30
another wee bump ,i am convinced someone must know this cnunt, ps somebody else want to bump it tommorrow ?

Le Big Bear Bum
18-11-2009, 23:37
another wee bump ,i am convinced someone must know this cnunt, ps somebody else want to bump it tommorrow ?

i'm on it bud.

1968 deek
18-11-2009, 23:40
i'm on it bud.

cheers;),if it slips down the boards i will bump it on fri/ sat .

turrabear
19-11-2009, 01:57
I was talking to a tim at work about this and he even denied it when I showed him the story about it.

He said "somebody on Follow Follow must have made that up"

timmy in denial never

glasgowiron
19-11-2009, 07:46
Early morning bump.

thebluebaron
19-11-2009, 08:17
No chance it was a celtic fan that done this. It was a local spaniard by the name of Juan Ghuy......

too_many_daves
19-11-2009, 09:56
must be a journo somewhere that would be interested in this

huge scoop if true

Flashman
19-11-2009, 09:56
His identity is revealed definitively in the Secret Diary of Graeme Spiers (shameless plug).

Oh, and he's gone now, dispatched by Graeme Souness and his 80s Rangers Squad Commandos...

deedle
19-11-2009, 10:10
I wonder if 'John D' was part of the 'white underclass'.

I'm pretty sure a few journos must know who he is, though.

I wonder what the reaction is Scotland would be to a Rangers fan receiving a four-year stretch for serious assault. A trifle more high-profile, perhaps?

too_many_daves
19-11-2009, 10:16
I wonder if 'John D' was part of the 'white underclass'.

I'm pretty sure a few journos must know who he is, though.

I wonder what the reaction is Scotland would be to a Rangers fan receiving a four-year stretch for serious assault. A trifle more high-profile, perhaps?

front page of rebel, sun and bbc scotland's leading story for a week

Walkers Loyal
19-11-2009, 18:32
Tonight's bump. :angel:

Le Big Bear Bum
19-11-2009, 21:12
This guy was 19 years old, so now 20.

It's just astounding to to believe that with Bebo and all the rest out there, that this was kept quiet.

Quite an achievement in fact. Someone has done some really good cover-up work.

For what reason though?

gersmad
19-11-2009, 21:37
Bast*rd child of Ratzi the Nazi or a politicians relative either way the cover up is certainly impressive.

To go through the prison system in such secrecy is quite an achievement.

Is it possible when he was transferred to Scotland his paperwork stayed in Spain ?

Le Big Bear Bum
19-11-2009, 21:46
Bast*rd child of Ratzi the Nazi or a politicians relative either way the cover up is certainly impressive.

To go through the prison system in such secrecy is quite an achievement.

Is it possible when he was transferred to Scotland his paperwork stayed in Spain ?

I think this still needs clarified

gersmad
19-11-2009, 21:52
http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1400185?UserKey=

Freed early with electronic tag and served his time at home anyone ?

longtimedead
19-11-2009, 22:17
Anybody got a clue if the Freedom Of Information Act could be our friend ?

Whizzer & Chips
19-11-2009, 22:21
Could it be that Celtc directors boy again?
Remember when he was on that plane thatgot diverted to Wales due to trouble on it?

Porto Loyal
19-11-2009, 22:25

No, the pivacy elements of the Human Rights act would probably overrule actual identification - the best you could probably hope was to ask how many Prisoners were transferred to Scottish jails from Spain.

paisleyprod
19-11-2009, 22:28
sweep sweep sweep, the Celtic Way strikes again, get this added to list of shame!

Le Big Bear Bum
19-11-2009, 22:28
http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1400185?UserKey=

Freed early with electronic tag and served his time at home anyone ?

I'd assume that even if his sentence was 4 years in Spain, IF he is then moved to Scotland then the Scottish authorities can do what they want with him.

You may be on to something.

Bear_In_Orkney
19-11-2009, 22:32
No, the pivacy elements of the Human Rights act would probably overrule actual identification - the best you could probably hope was to ask how many Prisoners were transferred to Scottish jails from Spain.

So anyone done for anything anywhere and kicked into the jug has his identity concealed because of this Act?

:confused:

Sorry I'm not buying any of that.

Le Big Bear Bum
19-11-2009, 22:35
So anyone done for anything anywhere and kicked into the jug has his identity concealed because of this Act?

Not anyone.

This guy has however been granted anonymity.

For some reason.

Porto Loyal
20-11-2009, 00:25

Nope, but the Scottish Govt would refuse to release the names on that basis. Or quote the Data Protection Act. See:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1197226/Government-says-prisoners-run-named-case-breaches-right-privacy.html

Haggy Kid
20-11-2009, 00:54

I have looked into this, and the Freedom of Information officer told me to direct my request to:

Carol McDivitt
Criminal Justice and Disclosure Team
Crown Office
25 Chambers Street
Edinburgh
EH1 1LA

So I have just emailed with the following request.

“Using freedom of information I would like to know the name of this individual and also why he is being protected in the manner he is. I would also like to know if this person is still serving the time he was sentenced to.”

The email address for those interested is: foi@copfs.gsi.gov.uk.

If I hear anything back I will post.

Le Big Bear Bum
20-11-2009, 15:23
Good work.

Good luck with that Haggy.

stoddy
20-11-2009, 15:32
I have looked into this, and the Freedom of Information officer told me to direct my request to:

Carol McDivitt
Crown Office
25 Chambers Street
Edinburgh
EH1 1LA

ďUsing freedom of information I would like to know the name of this individual and also why he is being protected in the manner he is. I would also like to know if this person is still serving the time he was sentenced to.Ē

Good work but I feel this fannie baz has his erse cleaned from high up.

I wonder who connected with Celtc would have the political clout for this even though it would not have to be his own son????

Myself, I have no idea.

jimbo.b
20-11-2009, 15:34
The fact his name has been suppressed and his identity protected is reason in itself for the Press to investigate further. This smacks of the missuse of the identity protection "rules" ~ wonder if Private Eye or some other organ would run the question " Why is this Thug being protected"?

too_many_daves
20-11-2009, 16:29

Carol McDivitt
Crown Office
25 Chambers Street
Edinburgh
EH1 1LA

ďUsing freedom of information I would like to know the name of this individual and also why he is being protected in the manner he is. I would also like to know if this person is still serving the time he was sentenced to.Ē

good work

this website may also be of use to you
http://foia.blogspot.com/

Bear_In_Orkney
20-11-2009, 17:09
Nope, but the Scottish Govt would refuse to release the names on that basis. Or quote the Data Protection Act. See:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1197226/Government-says-prisoners-run-named-case-breaches-right-privacy.html

Looked at the link and that seems to be about escaped prisoners on the run.

I didn't know this guy had escaped?

:ninja:

Part of the punishment visited on a criminal is the shame of his act and conviction being known where he resides.

Why I wonder is this human weasel protected by his country of origin?

Surely we are entitled to know about criminals living in our midst?

Shit hot about naming paedos, but thugs are accorded anonymity among folk that might have to be on their guard against them.

Also prisoners on being released may have to have their idenitity and whereabouts passed on to local Police forces in Scotland.

My questions are rhetorical btw as we have a fair idea of the answers.

longtimedead
20-11-2009, 18:06
What about a Spanish National ?

Would they get different information from us if they asked about a crime and sentence in their own country ?

Le Big Bear Bum
20-11-2009, 18:38
What about a Spanish National ?

Would they get different information from us if they asked about a crime and sentence in their own country ?

Worth a try I suppose, but ..

The press officer for the Catalan regional justice department said: "The judge ordered this man's name should not be made public so he is just John of Scotland."

Le Big Bear Bum
21-11-2009, 19:10
I wonder if John D is the actual first name and surname initial

or does John D = John Doe here

deedle
21-11-2009, 19:21
I wonder if John D is the actual first name and surname initial

or does John D = John Doe here

Very possible - I certainly wouldn't bank on the guy's Christian name being 'John' or his surname beginning with 'D'.

What intrigues me about this case is that no British reporters seem to have attended the trial, the reason why this guy was given anonymity was not revealed and the media - notoriously curious when they are denied information - has refused to ask any awkward questions.

I'd also like to know what the policy in Spain exactly is regarding anonymity and whether this applies to the UK. IMO, there is a possibility that there is absolutely no legal reason why his name should not be made public in the UK.

Should 'John D' turn out to be related to a senior public figure, we'd have a wee story on our hands!

superger
21-11-2009, 20:36
It is more than curious that a Scottish mhedia that is normally so obsessed with any sniff of " football hooliganism", especially where Rangers fans are involved and even to the extent that they were hoping and praying for a UEFA ban for Rangers after the scenes in Bucharest, now seem to be keeping a collective radio silence on this shocking incident of a Fenian thug sentenced to four years in a Spanish prison. This scumbag must be very well connected for the mhedia attack-dogs to be called off the story.

giantchelsea
21-11-2009, 21:14
If anyone on here speaks Spanish they could always e-mail the local newspaper.

http://www.diarisabadell.com/ds/index.htm

mouldyolddough
21-11-2009, 22:22
For John, read "Juan"...

dopeydaz
22-11-2009, 11:57
I don't know much about the prison system in this country, having never been in or know anyone who has!

I do have a contact at POLMONT young offenders, do all young scottish offenders go here? and at what age do people stop being young offenders?

I could try and do a bit of digging if he is at polmont

chopper5
22-11-2009, 12:12
i am quite sure the victim or the place where it happened would gladly give out his name.if someone said he would be named and shamed in our country.
anyone know if it happened in a pub or a street.

BB72
22-11-2009, 12:33

or they could use this

http://translate.google.com/#en|es|

Le Big Bear Bum
23-11-2009, 16:31
I don't know much about the prison system in this country, having never been in or know anyone who has!

I do have a contact at POLMONT young offenders, do all young scottish offenders go here? and at what age do people stop being young offenders?

I could try and do a bit of digging if he is at polmont

Well he is certainly an offender and he is young. Get digging mate.

OldhamLoyal
23-11-2009, 17:01
Good site to have a nosey through and make FOI requests

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com

Haggy Kid
25-11-2009, 13:42
Further to my Freedom of Information request, I have just received a reply. My enquiry and reply are below. I doubt Iíll get anywhere, as, as Stoddy already points out, this rhat has someone cleaning his arse from up on high, but I will keep the board posted.

Enquiry

Dear sir/madam,

On July 16th 2008 it was reported in the Daily Record that a young man, named only as John D, was tried and found guilty of seriously assaulting a barman and a customer in a Spanish bar whilst visiting that country to watch Celtic Football Club. It was also suggested that the man convicted, a UK national, may be allowed to return home to Scotland to finish the four years sentence handed down to him as his family had paid in excess of two thousand pounds to the gentlemen he assaulted, by way of compensation.

Since this case was reported, in part, there has been something of a news blackout on the matter and for the life of me I canít work out why. The protection of anonymity afforded to this criminal is not the usual course in matters such as this, as even before sentencing an accusedís identity is nearly always disclosed. To protect this criminalís anonymity is not in the publicís interest.

Using freedom of information I would like to know the name of this individual and also why he is being protected in the manner he is. I would also like to know if this person is still serving the time he was sentenced to.

If I am contacting the wrong person or department in this matter could you please provide some assistance in who I should contact. Many thanks.

Dear Mr ******

I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your email which has been passed to this office on 20 November 2009.

Your request is receiving attention and we aim to provide you with a response within 20 working days of receipt.

Yours sincerely

FOI Enquiries
Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service

superger
25-11-2009, 14:16
Further to my Freedom of Information request, I have just received a reply. My enquiry and reply are below. I doubt Iíll get anywhere, as, as Stoddy already points out, this rhat has someone cleaning his arse from up on high, but I will keep the board posted.

Enquiry

Dear sir/madam,

On July 16th 2008 it was reported in the Daily Record that a young man, named only as John D, was tried and found guilty of seriously assaulting a barman and a customer in a Spanish bar whilst visiting that country to watch Celtic Football Club. It was also suggested that the man convicted, a UK national, may be allowed to return home to Scotland to finish the four years sentence handed down to him as his family had paid in excess of two thousand pounds to the gentlemen he assaulted, by way of compensation.

Since this case was reported, in part, there has been something of a news blackout on the matter and for the life of me I canít work out why. The protection of anonymity afforded to this criminal is not the usual course in matters such as this, as even before sentencing an accusedís identity is nearly always disclosed. To protect this criminalís anonymity is not in the publicís interest.

Using freedom of information I would like to know the name of this individual and also why he is being protected in the manner he is. I would also like to know if this person is still serving the time he was sentenced to.

If I am contacting the wrong person or department in this matter could you please provide some assistance in who I should contact. Many thanks.

Dear Mr ******

I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your email which has been passed to this office on 20 November 2009.

Your request is receiving attention and we aim to provide you with a response within 20 working days of receipt.

Yours sincerely

FOI Enquiries

Good stuff, mate. Get this tarrier scumbag outed.

Flashman
25-11-2009, 14:59
Could the FF Detective Agency not get onto that other issue making the headlines this week and largely ignored by the budding Pinkertons: Fatima Uglyboot, co-author of the STUC report on sectarianism and her links to republican groups?

Kudos on the effort to reveal this rotter though!

robleau2
25-11-2009, 15:38

Don't speak Spanish but have had the Rhetard story translated online, added the pertinent question re the identity of "John D" and sent it off to "Diari de Sabadell". I'll let you know if I get an answer.

Dougie Gray
25-11-2009, 15:41

Enquiry

Dear sir/madam,

Dear Mr ******

Yours sincerely

FOI Enquiries

Great stuff mate. Keep us up to speed with how you get on.

too_many_daves
25-11-2009, 15:47
excellent

you can run but you cant hide timmy!

robleau2
26-11-2009, 19:11
Keep bumping Bears.

magnus
26-11-2009, 20:24
Could the FF Detective Agency not get onto that other issue making the headlines this week and largely ignored by the budding Pinkertons: Fatima Uglyboot, co-author of the STUC report on sectarianism and her links to republican groups?

Anyone enlighten me about this?

gascoignesson1
26-11-2009, 20:40
currently sharing a cell with the lighter thrower.

Pallas
26-11-2009, 21:01
Anyone enlighten me about this?

STUC report on "Sectarianism and the Workplace", by Fatima Uygun, and Professor Gerry Finn.

Interestingly, Google "Fatima Uyun", and (presumably) her Myspace account appears- FatimaCeltic67.

Nice that they found someone unbiased to help with the report...

smokiebear
26-11-2009, 21:26
STUC report on "Sectarianism and the Workplace", by Fatima Uygun, and Professor Gerry Finn.

Interestingly, Google "Fatima Uyun", and (presumably) her Myspace account appears- FatimaCeltic67.

She also makes comment on a "friend's" site

http://www.myspace.com/glasgowcelticonline

a site with the usual assorted IRA rubbish thereon, well and truly found out, impartial!!! only in the eyes of the demented yahoos

SmokieBear

broxiknoxy
26-11-2009, 21:53
Unfortunately Data Protection rules apply alongside Freedom of Information.

This will mean that an individual's name will not be released I suspect.

All an FOI request would tell you is what you already know. Ie a nameless British subject was arrested and convicted in Spain and is serving the remainder of their time in the UK.

Someone in Spain would be ideally placed to find out - unless the Spanish went to extra special legths to protect identity. If they went that far you can bet your boots that it would have been a senior member of the UK establishment. I dunno perhaps a former Defence Secretary or maybe a Home Secretary? NO making any allegations obviously, just a hint at the sort of position one might be required to hold to get this sort of thing done.

The individuals name won't be released under FOI as any information relating to a prisoner is deemed to be sensitive personal data and is exempt under FOISA. No point in wasting your time with such a request guys.

Le Big Bear Bum
26-11-2009, 22:00
The individuals name won't be released under FOI as any information relating to a prisoner is deemed to be sensitive personal data and is exempt under FOISA. No point in wasting your time with such a request guys.

How can you be sure it's a waste of time?

The sentence and request for anonymity happened in Spain. How can you be sure the same carries over to the UK?

Also, even if we can't get a name, we can maybe get a reason for the anonymity request, and take it from there.

broxiknoxy
26-11-2009, 22:11
I'd assume that even if his sentence was 4 years in Spain, IF he is then moved to Scotland then the Scottish authorities can do what they want with him.

You may be on to something.
On transfer to Scotland, the prisoner is required to serve the balance of his sentence i.e. length of sentence - period served in the sentencing State. The balance becomes the Scottish sentence and the the Scottish early release arrangements apply to the balance (although these are determined by the length of the original sentence i.e. 4 years or over 1/2 for parole, 2/3 automatic release).

deedle
26-11-2009, 22:43
Unless there were reasons related to national security (which is clearly extremely unlikely), this is surely a matter of public interest which should be raised at Holyrood.

How many cases has anyone heard of when a criminal was given anonymity after an offence of this nature?

I'd wager that a few journalists know exactly what happened here.

longtimedead
26-11-2009, 23:12
How many cases has anyone heard of when a criminal was given anonymity after an offence of this nature?

Ergo - high profile and worthy of investigation.

flootbon
27-11-2009, 00:02

I know Fatima Uygun is off topic on this thread. However it really is a scandal if the co-author of this report, and the female on these other sites is the same person.

Has this been highlighted on a separate thread?

mad4rfcme
27-11-2009, 00:37
I couldn't believe it when they came out with the "John from Scotland" crap, taig media closing ranks once again.

deedle
27-11-2009, 08:33
I know Fatima Uygun is off topic on this thread. However it really is a scandal if the co-author of this report, and the female on these other sites is the same person.

Has this been highlighted on a separate thread?

Loads of stuff here from page 2 onwards - she is registered on TAL, a Celtic/IRA forum:

http://forum.*****************/showthread.php?t=605972&highlight=Fatima

marlborough1650
27-11-2009, 09:01
The assumption seems to be that the jolly craic loving thug has some influential political connection, so...
If FoI inquiries fail, I suggest that the matter is brought to the attention of MSPs eg Bill Aitken. No friend of labour or snp, he.
If there is a political cover up, Private eye may be interested.
If somebody has all the details....

Tim Hunter
27-11-2009, 09:10

Other questions were also asked, which would shed some light on the situation.
I can think of no other incident where the identification of a convicted criminal has been withheld from the public.
Finding the culprit's ID under FOI may be a dead end, but it may result in other helpful information being given.
Taking positive action on a matter of concern, is never a "waste of time".
However, having a snipe at those who do, on a message board may come under this heading.:p

jimbo.b
27-11-2009, 10:52
This Guy is hardly Myra Hindley or Mary Bell, there is no obvious need for anonimty or hidden identity, he is a small time thug who deserves to share the fate of small time thugs, being jailed and open to public ridicule.
Unless he is some sort of MI5 mole the only possible reason to hide his details is to save embarrassement to someone in the "circle" ~ which must be an abuse of power.

Here goes.
strobes@private-eye.co.uk

deedle
27-11-2009, 11:14

Is anyone else becoming "browned off" by the media's silence?

jimbo.b
27-11-2009, 12:58
To a well known air, sing along if you know the tune ;)

"Oh He is the ned John D
Jailed in a Spanish City
In Barcelona town
He went down,
His name is not known,
But his cover is blown,
It's The Scottish Mhedia,
Protecting their own.....

Feel free to add or correct. :D

Fruitcake
27-11-2009, 13:10

"Oh He is the ned John D
Jailed in a Spanish City
In Barcelona town
He went down,
His name is not known,
But his cover is blown,

That's brilliant mate, could we sing it at a game d'ya think??? >:)

Haggy Kid
27-11-2009, 13:26

How can you be sure it's a waste of time?

The sentence and request for anonymity happened in Spain. How can you be sure the same carries over to the UK?

Also, even if we can't get a name, we can maybe get a reason for the anonymity request, and take it from there.

Thatís what I am thinking mate. I really donít see why a convicted criminal should be granted this protection of anonymity. Most of the punters on Follow Follow who commented on this matter, early doors in the thread, have suggested this little inbred runt has connections that are in a position to organise such a move, so it will be at least interesting to see what response I receive.

Anyway, when I get a response from those nice people at Freedom of Information Ltd, Follow Follow will be the first to know, Iíll post it straight away and see what the board thinks.

1968 deek
27-11-2009, 20:32
back to the top

jimbo.b
29-11-2009, 14:54
bump.......

1968 deek
03-12-2009, 20:49
bump again

blueoracle60
03-12-2009, 21:16
Didn't happen - Juan Ghuy (again)

Nothing to see here - move on (copyright Scottish media..controlled by Der Liewell)

BB72
04-12-2009, 08:01
This Guy is hardly Myra Hindley or Mary Bell, there is no obvious need for anonimty or hidden identity, he is a small time thug who deserves to share the fate of small time thugs, being jailed and open to public ridicule.Unless he is some sort of MI5 mole the only possible reason to hide his details is to save embarrassement to someone in the "circle" ~ which must be an abuse of power.

Here goes.
strobes@private-eye.co.uk

try "the digger" that's his favourite subject

Dougie Gray
08-12-2009, 13:50
Time for a wee bump on this one.

jimbo.b
08-12-2009, 14:12
Would a Banner for Parkhide simply asking " WHO is John D?" be politic?

redlion no 8
08-12-2009, 16:11
bump,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

jimbo.b
11-12-2009, 15:39
bump ~ lest this vermin sneaks in unannounced.

Aunty Christ
11-12-2009, 16:18
Jerry Finn, mentioned earlier in the thread, is an out and out IRA loving scumbag.

Number_Eight
11-12-2009, 16:38
Would a Banner for Parkhide simply asking " WHO is John D?" be politic?
That`s not a bad idea, mate.

ttbluenose
11-12-2009, 16:43

Here! Here! Flashman.

Their only spokesperson was some bloke and he was only criticised for supposedly "using irafitbaclub" for his own ends and that he shouldn't be politicising football!!! :eek:

Un F***** believable!

Get the bitch outed.

ttbluenose

beastie69
11-12-2009, 16:47
That`s not a bad idea, mate.

With a picture of Dr Death photo shopped hearing,speaking and seeing no evil.

jimbo.b
11-12-2009, 17:22
It might just force somebody to mention the unmentionable, Timmy does do naughty things...............................

psychobillyboy
11-12-2009, 17:47
What an intriguing thread. Hopefully this violent thug will be outed. We have a right to know.

Shame once again on the shameful Scottish cowardly media.

beastie69
11-12-2009, 23:20
Badda bump badda bump badda bump bump bump.

williamstown
12-12-2009, 05:48
Who what where,ignore it you bastards if you want theres a big list of ignoring when it comes to the scum,and the people wont forget what your agenda is,feckin fenian maggots.:mad:

Derry's Walls
12-12-2009, 08:20

"Oh He is the ned John D
Jailed in a Spanish City
In Barcelona town
He went down,
His name is not known,
But his cover is blown,

No addition / correction needed - top class.

Need to belt it out today - No offence!

angrybluebear
13-12-2009, 12:36
Given the effort by the Scottish media in their campaign to print regular negative articles concerning us it would be nice if one of them had the balls to pursue this story further.

Dougie Gray
13-12-2009, 14:25
Up you go thread.

Number_Eight
13-12-2009, 14:33
To the mainstream Scottish press and media - is this story another deliberate body-swerve - like Bannergate and Videogate?

Will it take the Aberdeen Press and Journal to show you the way again?

robleau2
13-12-2009, 14:45
I have had no response to the email I sent to the Spanish newspaper. I also dropped our Prime Minister a letter and surprise surprise I got a reply. No surprise the reply was from one of his secretaries, not GB himself, "unfortunately the PM cannot reply personally to every letter he receives" etc. etc. but it did say they would pass my letter to the Foreign Office. Hope springs eternal!

brucie09
14-12-2009, 08:32
bump

jimbo.b
14-12-2009, 18:09
slightest of nudges...................

flootbon
14-12-2009, 18:17
Has Graham Spiers not led an investigation into this mystery?

Drive-by
14-12-2009, 19:39
Very interesting thread! Think the banner for the piggery is a great idea!

psychobillyboy
14-12-2009, 21:18
I remain intrigued as to the identity of this violent thug and who has covered it up.

Drive-by
15-12-2009, 13:25
bump, any reply to emails/letters for freedom of info?

Southside_Shug
15-12-2009, 13:26
There will be no reply...otherwise the site could be shut down!!!

WeeBudsBud
15-12-2009, 16:37

Carol McDivitt
Crown Office
25 Chambers Street
Edinburgh
EH1 1LA

My Missus works in this office.

I`ll be asking her in about an hours time what she knows about this (if anything).

I won`t ask her to compromise her job though guys but will let you know if I get anything.

jimbo.b
16-12-2009, 21:30
Can't let this nasty little thug go unnoticed................

Number_Eight
19-12-2009, 12:35
Has Graham Spiers (the discredited journalist) not led an investigation into this mystery?
Graham would have fun with this if the cover-up involved a Rangers fan, but the reality of this doesn`t fit with his agenda - so there won`t be a murmur from the bold boy about this one.

DEXAVIA
19-12-2009, 13:34

Well, Euan Blair wasn't and his address was 10 Downing St. at the time. So it all seems a bit odd.

Prime Minister Tony Blair's 16-year-old son Euan has been arrested for being drunk and incapable.
The teenager, who was celebrating the end of his GCSE exams, was found by police officers in Leicester Square, in London's West End, at about 2300 BST on Wednesday.

Euan, pictured at the age of 14

The incident comes just days after Tony Blair suggested on the spot fines for drunken and disorderly behaviour.

In a speech on Thursday, Mr Blair said being a father was tougher than being prime minister and "sometimes you don't always succeed".

1968 deek
20-12-2009, 20:37
keep it at the top bears

psychobillyboy
20-12-2009, 20:50
keep it at the top bears

Not an unreasonable request :cool:

too_many_daves
22-12-2009, 10:29
a christmas bump

angrybluebear
22-12-2009, 15:11
I've just bumped another thread on this where a poster works with a guy who knows the thug.

47blue
22-12-2009, 15:59
Bump - keep up the pressure chaps..

gersmad
22-12-2009, 16:04
I've just bumped another thread on this where a poster works with a guy who knows the thug.

Time he was outed then if his name is known

hippo94735
22-12-2009, 16:13
anybody know this poster - Gers_boy_john

He says on another thread that he knows someone who knows the thug - surely he could get us a name or at least some more info - anybody know him?

smoggybear
22-12-2009, 16:16
Re: Celtic fan gets 4yrs after assault in a Spainish bar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gers_boy_john
A boy i work with told me about this just after they played Barcelona! he knows the boy and was telling me a few weeks ago that the boy was still in the jail in Barcelona.. turns out he wasnt talking shite!

The FF Detectives have been trying to out this b4stard for weeks!!

http://forum.*****************/showth...thug+barcelona

Name and shame the lowlife, if you know who it is, and let's see why his identity has been covered up, and who instigated said cover up!!

C'mon GBJ, let's get this bassa outed toute suite!!

dagdog
22-12-2009, 19:52
bump this back to the first page............

jimbo.b
24-12-2009, 09:07
The truth will out.

mattias
24-12-2009, 12:32
right gers_boy_john

name and shame

angrybluebear
26-12-2009, 15:34
Boxing day bump

brucie09
27-12-2009, 11:57
bump.......

buzz07
27-12-2009, 11:59
Where is Gers Boy John ???????

mad4rfcme
27-12-2009, 12:19
John from Glasgow. Unfookinbelievable, the state of this country, the taig media, hang your heads in SHAME!

Dougie Gray
07-01-2010, 13:15
a wee new year bump for this one.

Porto Loyal
11-01-2010, 21:54
As it's my thread, a wee bump may be in order.

beowulf
11-01-2010, 22:36
Someone somewhere must know the identity.

sd683
12-01-2010, 11:19
bumpity bump

kingsburyblue
18-02-2010, 15:37
Still nothing ?

bustergonad
18-02-2010, 15:40
The truth is out there

robleau2
18-02-2010, 17:49
Thanks to whoever bumped this. Reason I wanted it right now was, would you believe it, I've just received a reply from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. I wrote to Broon at Number 10, and one of his flunkies passed it on. Now the reply as you would except is so much mince, but it does beg some questions. Angela Almona, Assistant Desk Officer for Spain Consular Directorate, says "Whilst we cannot control media coverage in the UK or abroad, nor can we impose a "media blackout", we do however, encourage the media to report in a responsible manner. (My emphasis). So did they "encourage" the media to "report in a respnsible manner" ie. not report a name, in this case. Anyway I've written to Angela posing this question and also asking why this case differs from so many other cases where British football fans have fallen foul of the law abroad. I don't for one minute think anyones going to write back saying "we give in here's the name", but I do think it's important not to let this go.

bluestevie
18-02-2010, 18:03
Another wee bump

Number_Eight
18-02-2010, 18:21
Thanks to whoever bumped this. Reason I wanted it right now was, would you believe it, I've just received a reply from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. I wrote to Broon at Number 10, and one of his flunkies passed it on. Now the reply as you would except is so much mince, but it does beg some questions. Angela Almona, Assistant Desk Officer for Spain Consular Directorate, says "Whilst we cannot control media coverage in the UK or abroad, nor can we impose a "media blackout", we do however, encourage the media to report in a responsible manner. (My emphasis). So did they "encourage" the media to "report in a respnsible manner" ie. not report a name, in this case. Anyway I've written to Angela posing this question and also asking why this case differs from so many other cases where British football fans have fallen foul of the law abroad. I don't for one minute think anyones going to write back saying "we give in here's the name", but I do think it's important not to let this go.
Stick with it, mate.

Our press isn`t doing its job.

You are right to be concerned over this.

jimbo.b
11-03-2010, 13:14
bump, keep the weather eye open

robleau2
11-03-2010, 13:16
I've just posted this on another thread because I couldn't find this one, basically because I had the wrong title:confused: With help from fellow poters I've found it and I'll now repost. That explains my quick intro. OK. This was about the Scum fan who was found guilty of committing GBH while over for the Barca - Scum game a couple of years ago. He bottled a couple of Spaniards, made his getaway aided by his father and friends, but was arrested later at his hotel. Story was covered by the Rhetard but the thing was his name was never given. He was identified only as "John D". Various posters on here tried to discover his identity using various means because there was a suspicion that the Foreign Office was complicit in the cover-up. If so - why? Anyway I wrote to the PM, who passed my letter to the Foreign Office, who replied to me saying "that they could not control media coverage, nor impose a media blackout. They could only ask newspapers to act responsibly". (my emphasis). Not satisfied I wrote asking whether in this case they had asked the newspapers to "act responsibly", and if so, why? Today I got a letter back in which they now say "Generally the identity of an individual will be withheld if at the time of the incident they are considered to be a minor under Spanish law. The age of responsibility in Spain is 18". So there are we are-or are we? Firstly if the answer was so simple why has it taken three letters (on my part alone, and God knows how many enquiries from others) before this was revealed. Secondly (and this is why I was seeking the original thread) does anyone know how old this thug was? Thirdly (and this one is for legal experts) having trawled the web I have discovered that in Spain those under 18 are indeed minors, but the age of criminal responsibility is 16! Would this make a difference.

jimbo.b
11-03-2010, 13:28
robleau,
Your earlier post prompted me to bump this.

I tried to get Private Eye interested in the "rule Bending" aspect aa few months back but there was other news at the time so it wasn't taken up.

hyramotyre
11-03-2010, 13:28
I've just posted this on another thread because I couldn't find this one, basically because I had the wrong title:confused: With help from fellow poters I've found it and I'll now repost. That explains my quick intro. OK. This was about the Scum fan who was found guilty of committing GBH while over for the Barca - Scum game a couple of years ago. He bottled a couple of Spaniards, made his getaway aided by his father and friends, but was arrested later at his hotel. Story was covered by the Rhetard but the thing was his name was never given. He was identified only as "John D". Various posters on here tried to discover his identity using various means because there was a suspicion that the Foreign Office was complicit in the cover-up. If so - why? Anyway I wrote to the PM, who passed my letter to the Foreign Office, who replied to me saying "that they could not control media coverage, nor impose a media blackout. They could only ask newspapers to act responsibly". (my emphasis). Not satisfied I wrote asking whether in this case they had asked the newspapers to "act responsibly", and if so, why? Today I got a letter back in which they now say "Generally the identity of an individual will be withheld if at the time of the incident they are considered to be a minor under Spanish law. The age of responsibility in Spain is 18". So there are we are-or are we? Firstly if the answer was so simple why has it taken three letters (on my part alone, and God knows how many enquiries from others) before this was revealed. Secondly (and this is why I was seeking the original thread) does anyone know how old this thug was? Thirdly (and this one is for legal experts) having trawled the web I have discovered that in Spain those under 18 are indeed minors, but the age of criminal responsibility is 16! Would this make a difference.

In Scotland the age of criminal responsibility is 8 [or was a few years ago] but restrictions are placed on reporting on 'minors' under the age of 16.

LtPidgeon
11-03-2010, 13:31
bump, keep the weather eye open

What does this mean?

jimbo.b
11-03-2010, 13:35
What does this mean?

Merely a nautical phrase ,it means to watch carefully or focus on something.
originally in case the weather turned bad, but in this case to ensure that this violent crime by TGFITW ~ Never any trouble when we go abroad.... doed not remain un-reported.
This guy will sneak back into the UK at some time.

robleau2
11-03-2010, 14:09

Well, well if the Rhetard is right this throws their "minor" argument right out the window. Another letter methinks.

too_many_daves
11-03-2010, 14:11
Well, well if the Rhetard is right this throws their "minor" argument right out the window. Another letter methinks.

the plot thickens ;)

giantchelsea
11-03-2010, 15:26

He was 19 when he appeared in court but that was 4 months after the attack. He could have been 18 at the time of the attack.

fourbus
11-03-2010, 15:34
He was 19 when he appeared in court but that was 4 months after the attack. He could have been 18 at the time of the attack.
He would have been a responsible adult then.

giantchelsea
11-03-2010, 15:39
[/B]
He would have been a responsible adult then.

True, my bad :o

I didn't read the Under 18 bit properly.

buzz07
11-03-2010, 15:44
What ever happened to Gers_boy_john

He came on here, giving it all the, i know this and that bollocks, and when asked to get more details, he just melted.

robleau2
11-03-2010, 17:48
I agree he could have been 18 at the time of the attack, but if he was 19 when he appeared in court surely that would take his anonymity away? Again that's a legal question which I don't know enough about.

crowthornebear
11-03-2010, 17:55
**** should rot in a Spanish Jail, Why should the Great British public/scotish tax payers pay for this rhetard to spend his custodial sentance in Scotland.

Let the bhastard rot in spain

WATP

jimbo.b
12-03-2010, 18:38
bumped severely

Kaiser
12-03-2010, 18:49
They're pumping us every which way . . . :D

donnybear
12-03-2010, 19:07
Worth a try I suppose, but ..

The press officer for the Catalan regional justice department said: "The judge ordered this man's name should not be made public so he is just John of Scotland."

it could be bible john,:p:p

longtimedead
12-03-2010, 19:19
If the Spanish Courts only hold his name as 'John' upon instruction from the Foreign Office after consultation by his parents, can we get the identity of his parents and extrapolate the information that way ?

WeeBudsBud
12-03-2010, 19:37
What`s Spanish for John?

So there you have the culprit.

Juan Guy. :roll:

robleau2
29-03-2010, 19:04
Heard nothing more so far but another bump

baselbear
19-04-2010, 10:19
Time for a bump.

JobearGer
19-04-2010, 11:30
And another bump.
Was Lord Lucan's name John by any chance;)

jimbo.b
19-04-2010, 11:35
Did the judge say John or Juan?
Is he Juan Guy?

BIG BANNER FOR PORKHIED

"WHO IS JOHN D?"

That might provoke the odd question or two by TV viewers.

devondave1873
19-05-2010, 04:44
Still no word on who this guy or his influencial family is?

marlborough1650
19-05-2010, 07:19
Anyone fancy inquiring of HM's new Foreign Secretary, William Hague?

Houlet
19-05-2010, 07:28
Maybe we are missing the point here, what seems to hurts more than being brutally assaulted and scared for life is people like us singing songs that poke fun at their ancestry.

bear all
19-05-2010, 08:20
It just never happened just like the stabbing in Seville, the shooting in Amsterdam, the record number of banning orders issued after the Blackburn game, anyone seeing a pattern here ?

jimbo.b
20-05-2010, 09:16
Bump, in case this falls out of sight.

baselbear
20-05-2010, 09:23
It just never happened just like the stabbing in Seville, the shooting in Amsterdam, the record number of banning orders issued after the Blackburn game, anyone seeing a pattern here ?

Two stabbings in Seville.

One Sellik on Sellik.

The second by a Spanish pensioner on a Sellik supporter after they had seized his wife and thrown her in a fountain.

BakuBear
20-05-2010, 09:26

One Sellik on Sellik.

The second by a Spanish pensioner on a Sellik supporter after they had seized his wife and thrown her in a fountain.

So your point is, not proven in both cases and actually requested to continue this behaviour which benifets society as a whole ? :angel:

superger
20-05-2010, 09:29
Our ever neutral and impartial mhedia has a news blackout on criminal Timmy behaviour here in Glasgow, witness nothing said about the Queen St station arrests the other week, so the likelyhood of real journalists going after the bheastly thug's identity from Spain is less than zero.

caltonexile
20-05-2010, 10:55

One Sellik on Sellik.

i think you will find there were more than 2 stabbings in seville

baselbear
20-05-2010, 10:59
i think you will find there were more than 2 stabbings in seville

I am sure there were but only two reported as far as I am aware.

gers1978
27-08-2010, 11:05
Bumpitty bump

mad4rfcme
27-08-2010, 11:57
Scottish John, fooking totally pathetic. This mob really are so well conected.

Lance Uppercut
27-08-2010, 12:40
I was thinking about this thread just the other night, wondering if the scrote had been "outed" yet.

This scum obviously has strong political connections, but not, I would guess, to the current government in UK or Scotland.

I would have thought that the Lib/Con or SNP administrations may be less inclined to avoid the blushes of some former Labour politico than the previous administrations were.

jimbo.b
27-08-2010, 13:21
bump, in the cause of justice

Southside_Shug
27-08-2010, 13:32
Did anyone ever find out he true identity of the thug?

robleau2
27-08-2010, 17:59
I tried a few avenues but they all turned out to be dead - ends basically because the FO etc. hid behind the Data Protection Act and ultimately stopped answering my letters. Maybe I should have a go at our new Foreign Secretary. I'll dig the file out.

Lucky_Duck
01-06-2011, 13:48
Bump

talking about this tadger in the boozer the other day, was there ever any updates?

Mr Humphrey
01-06-2011, 14:01
To be granted anonymity for such a crime is a big deal, I wonder if his family has influence in political circles?

fkmiller
01-06-2011, 14:12
i can't get my head round this one.surely to fk with the present fascination with facebook,bebo etc this wee turd should have been outed by now?someone somewhere must know the thug.

thenodster
01-06-2011, 14:35
Seems strange that his name hasn't been outer,Ryan Gigs with all his money couldn't keep his name out of the media.

Lucky_Duck
01-06-2011, 14:43
Ah well, still nothing. I thought this wee mutant or his pals would have blabbed by now.

cheers

stoddy
01-06-2011, 16:08
To be granted anonymity for such a crime is a big deal, I wonder if his family has influence in political circles?

So what you are saying is maybe this guy's father, mother or even an Uncle had good connections within the UK government at the time of the offence? It's all a mystery to me and I mean that.

george_bailey
03-06-2011, 17:49
Still waiting on the name of this thug ??

TheHost
03-06-2011, 17:54
So what you are saying is maybe this guy's father, mother or even an Uncle had good connections within the UK government at the time of the offence? It's all a mystery to me and I mean that.

Feel free to share the mystery with others.

hairybelly
03-06-2011, 18:07

'read' the whole thread again maybe you can see where he was coming from

Porto Loyal
03-06-2011, 18:19
Thanks for all the Bumps. This might be instructive, and the ages match

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/john-reid-s-nephew-is-fined-over-weapons-1.948465

stoddy
03-06-2011, 18:21

I don't know anymore than the next man but to keep this name secret as it has would take someone with a lot of political clout and there is one name that fills that void. Now I don't think it was any of his near family but maybe a close relation.

bigkahunarab
03-06-2011, 19:39
http://bp1.blogger.com/_ewG4dtKAYgw/SHs14sXW3eI/AAAAAAAAAKw/H2xqCIeaupI/s1600-h/img004ny2.jpg

Even on the Spanish blog still only John D.

superger
03-06-2011, 19:45
Is the deliberate concealment of a convict's identity from the public a common occurence in Spain, especially for such a serious violent offence which warranted a four year prison sentence ? :confused: Something stinks in all of this.

bigkahunarab
03-06-2011, 19:53
Perhaps Leggo may have heard a rumour?

Kel
03-06-2011, 20:14
After the events of today there may be a new "Dawn" tomorrow!

TheHost
03-06-2011, 21:17

To have the sort of clout to ENa(o)ble such a removal of name is the sort of power that one would require to dismiss a cache of drugs found in one's house.

A "wee taig/teague from glasgow", for example, would never be able to pull such a stunt unless, of course, he lived in quite incredible times :angel:

LBB
03-06-2011, 21:38
Nicky Campbell says it was a Rangers fan in disguise!!!