PDA

View Full Version : The Sun's Paul Hughes' predictions for 09/10.

drumbear
13-08-2009, 09:44
SPL winners - Celtic
Europe - Rangers, hearts, Dundee united
Scottish cup - Celtic
League cup - Aberdeen

So last seasons double winners won't win a thing next season?!
Nae bother Paul ya pape!

Still hurting from last season?! :):)

bobans27
13-08-2009, 09:45
Let them predict all they want, I feel a treble coming on his season.

abitoverdressed
13-08-2009, 09:45
Aberdeen to win the league cup? In what parallel universe will that happen?

Steve A Stevens
13-08-2009, 09:46
This should be grabbed and kept until the end of the season.

GIRFUY Paul, ya loser.

ruglenbear
13-08-2009, 09:47

Well, they are managed by Mark McGhee

Shoulda been Scotland manager BTW :angel:

loyalistpicken
Dont buy it he wont have money to see his team he will be on the dole

jimbo.b
League Cup ~is he basing this on the Sterling performance by Aberdeen in Europe?

iaatpies
13-08-2009, 09:48

Agreed.

When will fans realise this? If you dont buy the newspaper, they cant continue to employ Rangers-hating journalists who pursue their agendas.

old school
objective journalism alive and well?

lebooboo
The Star had 5 reporters giving their predictions a couple of days ago.....and all 5 went for Rangers, with 3 of them predicting we win the double again!

Keyser_Soze
I like a laugh at Journos as they always seem to predict a team outwith the old firm to win the League Cup. How many times has it happened in the last 15 years? about 3 times :D

KopGer
13-08-2009, 09:51
I know Paul Hughes, have done for a number of years.

He's as Catholic as they come. He's as Celtic minded as they come.

two2tango
13-08-2009, 09:51
i can honestly see us doing the treble.

we wont have any risk of players getting injured playing for scotland anyway as burley thinks teams in the championship and league one have better players than rangers!!

what a bafffooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!!

Earl of Leven
13-08-2009, 09:52
Why buy this piece of sh** and its counterpart The Rhebel? Ignore them and they'll fold....

broughtonloyal
13-08-2009, 09:56
Can't bring himself to award his beloved poops the treble so settles for the lap dog to take third

How embarrassing is that for a journalist. They just got pumped by an amateur team basically but they're going to be good enough to do what they haven't done for what, 15 years and lift a trophy.

That's comedy at its finest

mufasa
13-08-2009, 10:00
Just shows how biased and how little journalists know about football. We have competed in every cup final comp we have entered (except the CL) since smith returned as well as both leagues going to the last day, yet we will not win a trophy this season.

stefanovitch
13-08-2009, 10:11
On what basis could anyone predict Aberdeen will win anything?

They have been truly awful since McGhee took over and his record at Motherwell hardly points to success either.

DamsideBear
13-08-2009, 10:16
Following on from this IIRC from the weekend Charlie Nicholas had predicted Rangers to be crowned SPL champions this season, stating Mobrays 'style' of play will leave them lagging behind Rangers!

tazzabear
13-08-2009, 10:16
On what basis could anyone predict Aberdeen will win anything?
They have been truly awful since McGhee took over and his record at Motherwell hardly points to success either.
I often ask the same thing.
How can anybody predict the anything in cup competitions?
What if they get septic in the first round both are available for, at paradump?
If its a bit of fun, then no problem.
However I'd really like somebody to tell me how they can predict any success for the sheep this season, given what has happened so far.
Unless you consider success to be avoiding relegation.

JobearGer
13-08-2009, 10:20
Good honest reporting Paul:D:D
I am loving you PAIN;):D

LostSoulForever
13-08-2009, 10:20
Even Ronnie 'Crespo' Cully said we'd win the League cup with sellik winning the other two trophies in the Herald. :D

scoot78
13-08-2009, 10:32

I think he only got the Sun gig as he's related to Bill Leckie.

I suppose his anti-Rangers mindset also helped though...

Paul if you're reading this - Rangers are the Champions :)

godrup99
13-08-2009, 10:36

What does this actually mean?

Does it mean you are a moron, a bit retarded, not all there?

And for the real bitter ones is it not "sellik minded"?

Peter Mendes
13-08-2009, 10:37
SPL winners - Celtic
Scottish cup - Celtic
League cup - Aberdeen

Nae bother Paul ya pape!

i can see where he got this from, probably from their excellent recent displays as they were narrowly defeated 8-1 on aggregate by some czech diddy team no one's ever heard of:blink:

mrgallus
13-08-2009, 10:41
Agreed.

When will fans realise this? If you dont buy the newspaper, they cant continue to employ Rangers-hating journalists who pursue their agendas.

Agreed. Its sad that lots of fans out there cant see whats going on and by not buying there PAPErs would indeed put them on the dole

fubarstevie
13-08-2009, 10:46
If i walked past him i would simply whistle the Glasgow Rangers Champions tune

slimjimbaxter
13-08-2009, 10:50
Do not buy it, just saw front page in newsagents. George Burley photoshopped as an ASS, and this is intelligent, responsible, journalism. My ARSE!!!

sregnar
13-08-2009, 10:51
just seen this, still hurting

bill leckie also couldnt resist putting sellick to win the league

SMARTIELOYAL
13-08-2009, 10:53
they can hurt all they like we need to make sure this season we hurt them all the more they are so full of themselves. Had an argument with a guy the other day he said we have only given you a loan of the league for this year and all the rest of the s..t. I laughed in his face and told him with monkeyheid in charge you will win FA.

jimbo.b
13-08-2009, 11:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopGer

[QUOTE=godrup99;9464570]What does this actually mean?

QUOTE]

Defined by none other than their saviour Fergus McCann as " Roman Catholic Bigot"

gourockblue50
13-08-2009, 12:10
A few weeks into the season and they should start telling us which of their players are worth £15mill and which of them are only worth £10mill.

They will have to barracade the doors again to stop all those European teams from making offers on their players.

A few weeks after that we will be getting told about our debt and the lack of theirs and how Liewell is a mastermind.

The Big Cheese
13-08-2009, 12:13
This is the silliest of silly seasons for journos.

They all get asked for their predictions and think it gives them some credence when they tip Hearts,Hibs,Aberdeen or Dundee U to win one of the cups, they somehow think it makes them look intelligent, as though they have some special insight into the game.

Here's the deal all the green grapes(with the exception of Nicholas and Keevins) chose Celtic. All the self loathers also pick Celtic. A very few of the right minded guys pick Rangers.

It's the same every year.

Nicholas won't pick Celtic at the moment because he's had a fall out with the powers that be.

Keevins is like the guy betting against his own team as he thinks he's in a win/win situation.

To be honest these people don't know any more about the game than any semi intelligent supporter like you or I and getting upset at their predictions should be the sole preserve of Timothy.

legendary_laudrup
13-08-2009, 12:28

haha, agreed!! i played football with Paul for years, uber mhanky. I dont know if his uncle had anything to do with him getting the journalists job?????? a certain Mr Leckie.........:ninja:

cumbernauld loyal
13-08-2009, 12:31
Agreed.

People will continue to buy it until Murray/Rangers tell them not to, and we both know that will never happen.

bertiebear
13-08-2009, 12:37
1 Rangers + League Cup and Scottish Cup
2 Celtic
3 Hearts
4 Aberdeen
5 Hibernian
6 Dundee United
7 Motherwell
8 Kilmarnock
9 St Mirren
10 Hamilton Acidemical
11 St Jonstone
12 Falkirk Relagated

1 Inverness CT Promoted

macsloyal
13-08-2009, 12:42
To be fair he reckons we'll qualify for Europe. :D :)

abronhillbear
13-08-2009, 12:46
Honest to f*ck! We won the League and Scottish Cup Double in 2007/2008, were screwed out of winning the league and got to the Uefa Cup Final.

Season 2008/2009, We got to the Co-Op insurance Cup Final and were beaten by them in Extra Time and Won the League and the Scottish Cup.

We have played 0 Competitive games this season yet. Aberdeen have played 2 and have embarrassed Scottish Football with their results. The scum have ok beaten a russian team in the Champions League Qualifier but in my opinion have been far from impressive. Is Paul the pape just pulling names out of a hat?

Still hurting Paul? Come on Saturday and see the Champions unfurl the flag in it's rightful home!

We've won the league again! Fly The Flag! Fly The Flag! :)

GioLoyal
13-08-2009, 12:48
Guidi was tipping his beloved hoops to win the League in the Liam on Sunday too.

Let them spout their pish.

CWB
13-08-2009, 12:49
I remember reading in the press and watching on Setanta the pundits predictions for the league last season.

Nearly every single one of them wrote off Rangers saying they were a weak time in comparision to the inferior Celtic.

GIRFUY :)

pol1
13-08-2009, 12:55
So a team that got pumped how much again in the UEFA Cup is going to win the League Cup

We feel your pain

Bet he is also one of they extremely daft thick inbred tims that actually thinks they can do something against Arsenal

Thick Tims

mfcfan
31-08-2009, 08:51
Anyone got a contact email for this **** ?

His report of the Motherwell game at the weekend is a work of fantasy.

sundance
31-08-2009, 09:11
Player's POTY - pick anyone from the San Giro.
Football 'writers' POTY - Caldwell again, always available for a 'quote'
Manager of the year - has to be Mowbray.
Vice Champions - you decide.

My lottery numbers for next week - nah have to be wrong somewhere!

basiltherat
31-08-2009, 10:39
Apart from the randomness of the draw and the knock out nature making cups very difficult to predict on what basis could you predict two different teams to win the Scottish Cup and the League Cup ?
Ignoring the minnows who are irrelevant in terms of eventual winners it's the same teams and the same format for both so how do you come to the conclusion Celtic will win the Scottish but Aberdeen the League Cup ? Is it because he thinks Celtic are not bothered about winning that even though it was all they won last season ?
The better team (of Rangers and Celtic) over the course of the season will win the League as they almost always do (I'd make an exception to that rule for the tactical mourning season) but whilst the cups are a bit of a lottery I'd say more likely than not will be shared between us and them but I can't say who will get which one.

Super-Swally
31-08-2009, 11:45
i stopped buying these fucxkin rags ages ago. Why spend money on something that just infuriates you?????

Glasgow Rangers CHAMPIONS - Paul Hughes GIRFUY

Kaiser
31-08-2009, 12:08
SPL winners - Celtic
Scottish cup - Celtic
League cup - Aberdeen

Nae bother Paul ya pape!

They still haven't learned from Paul "There's a buzz about the place" McStay.

Those who can do, those who can't talk about it. And they NEVER stop talking.

Keep writing dross Paul.

HRHXI
23-09-2009, 01:23
SPL winners - Celtic
Scottish cup - Celtic
League cup - Aberdeen

Nae bother Paul ya pape!

Good Start Paul ya hurting mhanky Bassa :roll:

oh yeah.....and Fu queue!:)

scottylad72
23-09-2009, 01:29
Predictions time.

League Title-: Rangers
Scots Cup-: Rangers
Euro Cups-: Rangers Last 8
League Cup-: Rangers

wemyssbayboy
23-09-2009, 06:51
dear Paul--I see that your football tips are as good as s-it.--Dundee 3 Aberdeen 2--well Monkey 1 down and 2 to go.
bitter bitter mhank

MDC
12-07-2010, 19:00
I know you look in here, so well done Paul.

Phil Leotardo
12-07-2010, 19:05
Haha. :):) ;)

Iniesta
12-07-2010, 19:15
Nae bother Paul ya pape!

Chuckled at that :)

krs
12-07-2010, 19:17
Anymore for this year Paul?

earnger
12-07-2010, 19:22
That useless excuse for a sports reporter gets paid for his finger on the pulse predictions.FAIL in a huge way ya bitter taig filth.How long till a "lets all laugh at paul hughes" thread.:)

The Dude
12-07-2010, 19:22
Agreed.

Yes, yes they can. More people buy the sun across the uk than the number of Rangers fans. The scousers boycott 20 odd years ago done well to put them out of business...

superbear
12-07-2010, 19:32
Yes, yes they can. More people buy the sun across the uk than the number of Rangers fans. The scousers boycott 20 odd years ago done well to put them out of business...

At least The Sun was forced into a grovelling apology. Though what they wrote then was a long way worse than some hack predicting the yahoos will win the league.

berkshiretrueblue
12-07-2010, 19:42
I wonder what team Paul supports then and no doub t he is pals with McGhee, that sid, we need to see some new faces coming into Rangers so we can comfortably retain our top spot.

The Dude
12-07-2010, 19:44
At least The Sun was forced into a grovelling apology. Though what they wrote then was a long way worse than some hack predicting the yahoos will win the league.

My point exactly

Muzzinihio
12-07-2010, 19:54

what about Page3 >:)

surely a reason to buy it ;)

The Dude
12-07-2010, 20:50
what about Page3 >:)

surely a reason to buy it ;)

you spend nearly every waking minute online. If the best you can get is page 3 then your doing something wrong.

silkster
12-07-2010, 21:00
PHughes. Also known as 3 amp. Not very bright.

turnstileonthedoor
12-07-2010, 21:19
Magic stuff but unfortunately we can only expect more crazy "what I actually hope will happen" ramblings from this crackpot.

dylanholly
12-07-2010, 22:06

I wish there were more people like you and binned the Record and Sun. They would be seriously ****ed if we all did the same.

bluebear53
12-07-2010, 23:22
If you're watching Paul, put your money where your mouth is. 100 and I'll give you 10-1.

ayrbearbunch
12-07-2010, 23:25
SPL winners - Celtic
Scottish cup - Celtic
League cup - Aberdeen

Nae bother Paul ya pape!

"Paul" and "Hughes" should be a give-away to how impartial this Rhat will be!:ninja:

Phantom Jack
12-07-2010, 23:26
he's ben the same the last 5 years. ****burger

bean
12-07-2010, 23:34

I'm pissin myself at that too - it's almost as if thats his dream finish! Surprised he didn't choose Hibs over Hearts though

Dromiderry
12-07-2010, 23:38
SPL winners - Celtic
Scottish cup - Celtic
League cup - Aberdeen

Nae bother Paul ya pape!

Good job its season 10/11 then ;)

bluebarney
12-07-2010, 23:47
Really i dont know why folk buy or even look at that rag. back in the old days, as a young lad, it provided me with acceptable chugging material but thats all it ever was good for

MDC
10-06-2011, 17:06
I believe that's two years in a row for this turd.

Round ye, ya filth-pocket.

RWBJ
10-06-2011, 17:09
Looks like he should get a job he is good at...........

Roon ye

godfodder
10-06-2011, 17:10
Magnificent bumpage.

Get it right up ye ya tarrier wank.

j13bel
10-06-2011, 17:11
hahaha still hurting :)

Dougie Gray
10-06-2011, 17:11
Finest of fine bumps!!

grantanti
10-06-2011, 17:12
Well, they are managed by Mark McGhee

Shoulda been Scotland manager BTW :angel:

Should have been Celtic manager, although I feel Lennon is of the same low standard, couple of morons.