PDA

View Full Version : Rangers 4 That Mob 4, March 1986. Radio Clyde Commentary from the game

adamski
20-07-2009, 15:47
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8XS2TW58

click the link to download.

The sound level is very low, so you'll need to have your volume settings increased accordingly.

Enjoy Richard Park forgetting who is who, and James Sanderson claiming to have predicted what just happened, when he did the polar opposite two minutes before.

Sky TV? Pah! :D

Der Berliner
20-07-2009, 16:23
Walker
Burns (Derek Ferguson) - McPherson - MacKinnon - Munro
Russell - Durrant - Fleck - McMinn (Cooper)
McCoist - Fraser

HT 1-2
FT 4-4 Fraser, McCoist, Fleck, MacKinnon (or Fraser, pending on source) - Johnston, McClair, Burns, McLeod

(No guarentee whether I got the positions all right though.

neilyblueboy07
20-07-2009, 16:35
Thanks for that Adamski :cool:

simply_the_best
20-07-2009, 16:46
My first mhank game, 15 yrs old before the old dear would let me go to one :o

4 for the Copland front.

Thornliebank_Bear
20-07-2009, 16:50
I actually think it was a bit less than 4 quid, something like 2.50. Could be wrong right enough.

It was a great game. Super made a right arse of himself with his goal celebration. *** was going on there ? :D

simply_the_best
20-07-2009, 17:00
I actually think it was a bit less than 4 quid, something like 2.50. Could be wrong right enough.

It was a great game. Super made a right arse of himself with his goal celebration. *** was going on there ? :D

Ive got the ticket stub in front of me mate :D

My mate shouted at me that i was as jinx when the filth went 3 - 1 up, i fair celebrated our 4th :D

adamski
20-07-2009, 17:12

I always thought he was just absolutely frozen :D

An absolutely horrible day, weather wise

I'm sure we'd have lined up:

Walker
Russell - Durrant - Fraser - McMinn (Cooper)
McCoist - Fleck

if the team lines you have there are spot on Der Berliner

Thornliebank_Bear
20-07-2009, 17:20
Ive got the ticket stub in front of me mate :D

My mate shouted at me that i was as jinx when the filth went 3 - 1 up, i fair celebrated our 4th :D

Really was it ? I thought it only went up to 4 quid when the good times returned. Feel as though ive been robbed noo.:D

I do remember, for certain, getting into the copland rear for a quid may have been a year or so before that game.

freedomofspeech
20-07-2009, 17:43
Was in the govan that day

cookiemonster
20-07-2009, 18:50

Me too,did we not still give the tims a section of the govan at that time? or had we stopped it before then?

StavanGER
20-07-2009, 19:24
Me too,did we not still give the tims a section of the govan at that time? or had we stopped it before then?

My last definite recollection was in a 0-0 game in 85 - maybe also the one where Bobby Williamson got his overhead kick winner might have had it too?

Was in the EE for the 4-4 game - absolutely soaked. Remember my mate saying to me at 1-3 "don't worry, we'll be this lot 4-3"!! I also remember a bigger cheer from our fans when it was 3-3 than when we made it 4-3. Also(!), I remember how both teams got a standing ovation - Fantastic Game!!!

Dougie Gray
20-07-2009, 19:37
I came to blows with my fellow apprentice on the Monday after this as the wee taig shite had given me the draw on our regular old firm bet.

Wee taig shite. :mad:

simply_the_best
20-07-2009, 19:39
Last time the mhanks scored 4 at Ibrox IIRC and they only got a draw.

We have done it twice at the phiggery since then :scarf:

Tenchleysblue
20-07-2009, 20:12
Brings back some great memories.

Der Berliner
21-07-2009, 08:45
Methinks most sources agree that it was a Fraser double that day.

This one, the 2-2 with the Gough equalizer late on, and the 5-1 where Wilkins scored that belter will always stick in the memory.

adamski
21-07-2009, 08:50
Methinks most sources agree that it was a Fraser double that day.

This one, the 2-2 with the Gough equalizer late on, and the 5-1 where Wilkins scored that belter will always stick in the memory.

And even more amazingly, they all happened within 27 months of each other

March 1986 (4-4)
October 1987 (2-2)
August 1988 (5-1)

Add in an extra few months, and you could include the 4-1 mauling as well >:)

Amadeus
21-07-2009, 09:36
remember the 4-4 game well , was in armagh barracks , a couple of bears had a wee transistor with them and we sat on the helipad listening to the match

basilboli
21-07-2009, 09:40
I was in the Enclosure when Ally done that bizarre celebration kissing his boot etc..some game!

flootbon
21-07-2009, 09:57
A heart breaking day for me. Celtic had only 10 men. We could have won if we had played sensibly after we took the lead at 4-3.

Can't stand all this tallk of an exciting game. They had 10 men after Willie McStay was sent off early in the first half.

Celtic won the league on goal difference that season. They should never have left Ibrox with a point that day.

adamski
21-07-2009, 10:00
A heart breaking day for me. Celtic had only 10 men. We could have won if we had played sensibly after we took the lead at 4-3.

Can't stand all this tallk of an exciting game. They had 10 men after Willie McStay was sent off early in the first half.

Celtic won the league on goal difference that season. They should never have left Ibrox with a point that day.

when you look at our back line that day, it kind of explains it

Davie McKinnon at Centre Half :o

mearnsbull
21-07-2009, 10:32

4 for the Copland front.

same for myself

Steg
21-07-2009, 10:38

I concur fully. Can't even bring myself to listen to it although it'd be nice to relive the days. Ah feck it - I'll turn it off after our fourth. The Cointhrowers have made a history out of denial and revisionism.

As far as I'm concerned we won 4-3 that day :)

adamski
21-07-2009, 12:02
I've got the commentary from "The blackout" game from November 1985 (3-0!) on lesser quality split files, I'll try and upload them later

super_ally_the2nd
21-07-2009, 12:18
quite strange listening to this as they report from other games on at the same time :o

simply_the_best
21-07-2009, 13:12

I agree that we should have won the game but murder mcleods equaliser was a screamer, at the end of the season though Hearts blew it big time :(

VictoriaLoyal
23-07-2009, 07:09
I'll take some credit for providing the dodgy original.;)

No, cheers for saving that! I'd lost the original digitized version of this after having to scrub my hard drive and I can't be arsed trying to copy the old cassette tape again.

:)

TNT
23-07-2009, 08:09

Stopped before then. They "only" got Broomie and half main stand and West Enclosure.

adamski
26-11-2009, 12:15
I'll take some credit for providing the dodgy original.;)

No, cheers for saving that! I'd lost the original digitized version of this after having to scrub my hard drive and I can't be arsed trying to copy the old cassette tape again.

I couldn't remember who'd given me it.

I'll try and upload the other ones over the next week or so

the bow bluenose
26-11-2009, 12:44
Remember it well . My mate was so drunk he put his head in his hands when the tims made it 3-1 and he woke up when Rangers made it 4-3 .He wouldnt believe me when i told him the score and was too blind drunk to read the Broomy scoreboard . WATP

flootbon
26-11-2009, 12:51
I can't bear to listen to any of it. It was a real low for me.

Celtic played with 10 men for most of the game and took 4 off us. At 4-3 we needed someone to put their foot on the ball and kill the game. We could have won 4-3, instead we went helter skelter like schoolboys to get more and more goals. Completely carried away. Brainless.

Celtic equalised, got a point they shouldn't have, and won the league on goal difference.

A game for the tims to remember and savour, but not for me.

adamski
26-11-2009, 12:58
Remember it well . My mate was so drunk he put his head in his hands when the tims made it 3-1 and he woke up when Rangers made it 4-3 .He wouldnt believe me when i told him the score and was too blind drunk to read the Broomy scoreboard . WATP

we didn't have a scoreboard until the following season ;)

how drunk were you? :D

Les Briggs Loyal
26-11-2009, 13:09
What a day !
I was in the front of the Copland,soaked to the skin,thinking the worst when the Beggars went 3-1 up.

I agree with flootbon,we were the better team that day and if we were a wee bit more "savvy" we would have took 2 points.Remember those twats won on goal difference that year..............I wonder what odds you would have got pre-match on a Cammy Fraser double that day ??

Southside_Shug
26-11-2009, 13:11

Walker
McCoist - Fleck

An absolutely horrible day weather wise?

Well wind and snow usually bring fantastic days....look what happened the following New Year at Ibrox?

adamski
26-11-2009, 13:12
An absolutely horrible day weather wise?

Well wind and snow usually bring fantastic days....look what happened the following New Year at Ibrox?

aye, but it was the 1st of January, not the end of March ;)

Calvers72
26-11-2009, 13:24
Was directly in line with Super Ally in the East Enclosure when he ran over and kissed his boot after his goal. Great game, great memories.

flootbon
26-11-2009, 14:29
Was directly in line with Super Ally in the East Enclosure when he ran over and kissed his boot after his goal. Great game, great memories.

Am I the only one who remembers that Celtic only had 10 men? They took 4 off us with 10 men. That's not a great memory for me.

This was a great day for the tims, not for us.

The tims won the league on goal difference that season. They can look back on that game as one of their most vital points.

Bad day for Rangers.

East Enclosure Ultra
26-11-2009, 14:53
That was my first Old Firm game, was only 8 and was crying because we were getting beat 3-1 lol.

My dad said he wouldnt take me again but ended up sitting together for another 18 years.

mfhstid
26-11-2009, 15:02
I seem to remember that that was something like the 200th Rangers-Celtic league game or some other landmark.

Calvers72
26-11-2009, 15:29
Am I the only one who remembers that Celtic only had 10 men? They took 4 off us with 10 men. That's not a great memory for me.

This was a great day for the tims, not for us.

The tims won the league on goal difference that season. They can look back on that game as one of their most vital points.

Bad day for Rangers.

I take your point they went on and won the league but it was extraordinary in that 8 goals were scored and we came back from 1-3 down it's just a pity they equalised to make it 4-4 but tell me who got sent off, i can't remember that?

adamski
26-11-2009, 15:52
I take your point they went on and won the league but it was extraordinary in that 8 goals were scored and we came back from 1-3 down it's just a pity they equalised to make it 4-4 but tell me who got sent off, i can't remember that?

Willie McStay, before half time

We pulled one back almost immediately

Calvers72
26-11-2009, 17:51
Running battles with the Tims behind the primary school across the road after the game that day that carried on into the city centre and McCoist said later that both sets of fans went home happy that day. It was crazy and quite scary when the police started charging in on the horses.

britain
27-11-2009, 13:55
I think I remember reading that David Holmes wasn't too pleased at Rangers not beating Celtc that day.

adamski
14-09-2010, 12:07
I think I remember reading that David Holmes wasn't too pleased at Rangers not beating Celtc that day.

It was the day they finally decided to go full steam ahead with a new regime.

HMS.Temple.Garden
14-09-2010, 12:15
is that the game that was in the pissing rain?

adamski
14-09-2010, 12:29
is that the game that was in the pissing rain?

putting it mildly.

The tims actually finished the game mankier than before :eek:

HMS.Temple.Garden
14-09-2010, 12:31
putting it mildly.

The tims actually finished the game mankier than before :eek:

I think I was at that game, was only a wee boy though, wasn't Willie McStay sent off that day for brutal tackles on Tinman?

shawlandsno1
14-09-2010, 12:42
It was the day they finally decided to go full steam ahead with a new regime.

Did ye ever upload the 1985 3-0 game mate ;)

South_Ayrshire_Loyal
14-09-2010, 12:44
I was 14 year old in the East Enclosure.

excellent commentary

metblu
14-09-2010, 13:39
I've got the commentary from "The blackout" game from November 1985 (3-0!) on lesser quality split files, I'll try and upload them later

Now there was a game- we were awesome that day. I was in Copland front when Durranty scored the first-just remember him with the ball at his feet and an open goal -pure bedlam.

adamski
09-11-2010, 11:21
Now there was a game- we were awesome that day. I was in Copland front when Durranty scored the first-just remember him with the ball at his feet and an open goal -pure bedlam.

quality isn't anywhere near as good, but I'll try and upload them later.

Every goal is followed by Sanderson stating "as I predicted" when he said nothing of the sort :D

JohnnyBlue
09-11-2010, 11:30
Enjoy, folks !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rozF7KpWRq8

gertilidie
09-11-2010, 11:32

Me too, Govan Rear, and there was loads of spaces

Changed days

adamski
15-03-2012, 17:58
http://i.imgur.com/8kXgc.png

Sportacus
15-03-2012, 18:31

4 for the Copland front.

My first OF game as well. I was right below the scoreboard in the Copland

omegaman
15-03-2012, 18:35

Walker
McCoist - Fleck

Weird thing was I remember it being cold but sunny.

Then I watched the YouTube footage a couple of years back and was amazed at just how rotten the weather was.

roadster198
This was my first old firm game!!! what an introduction!!! :D

rangeral
1st ever Rangers game 26 years ago next Thursday

ThatsWhyWeirChamps
15-03-2012, 18:40
My first Old Firm game was the 5-1 game, under Advocaat.

Markpro
15-03-2012, 18:42
My first OF game, Copland front, right hand corner :)

CambyBlueNoseBear
15-03-2012, 19:31

Same here, got soaked!