PDA

View Full Version : Murray Is Right Because We Don't Identify Ourselves!

deedle
18-01-2009, 01:37
As might be expected, one of Sir Dave's favourite lapdogs attacks the RST and 'websites' on the basis that people use monikers. That this is the convention on internet messageboards and not a spurious exception is deemed irrelevant by Tom English. SDM must know!

Is this journalist really so naive to expect people to use their real names given the possible consequences?

As it happens, several RST Board members have been on TV and radio and provided quotes for newspapers. They are neither 'faceless' nor 'nameless'.

Perhaps Mr. English should read the thread concerning the death threat to David Edgar and revise his opinion.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport/39Murray-is-entitled-to-dismiss.4887885.jp

Incidentally, he singles out the following:

Mr Super Bad

The Gunslinger

tartan penguin

TheSnowman

JohnDarwinsCanoe

wordy rappinghood

Franky Four Fingers

Grandmaster_Suck
18-01-2009, 01:41
One of Sir Dave's lickspittles gave him the online monikers of all current members of the RST Board so he's in no doubt who most leading internet people are.

MDC
18-01-2009, 01:42
That's probably the worst article yet written on the topic.

Congratulations to Mr. English.

Kilwinnin Bluenose
18-01-2009, 01:44
That's just simply ridiculous. It's clear he just wants to put the boot in and doesn't bother to think why we don't use our real names on these sites.

kingsburyblue
18-01-2009, 01:45
As might be expected, one of Sir Dave's favourite lapdogs attacks the RST and 'websites' on the basis that people use monikers. That this is the convention on internet messageboards and not a spurious exception is deemed irrelevant by Tom English. SDM must know!

Is this journalist really so naive to expect people to use their real names given the possible consequences?

As it happens, several RST Board members have been on TV and radio and provided quotes for newspapers. They are neither 'faceless' nor 'nameless'.

Perhaps Mr. English should read the thread concerning the death threat to David Edgar and revise his opinion.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport/39Murray-is-entitled-to-dismiss.4887885.jp

Mr Super Bad

The Gunslinger

tartan penguin

TheSnowman

JohnDarwinsCanoe

wordy rappinghood

Franky Four Fingers

Burn them at the stake :D

Jaws II
18-01-2009, 01:45
Gunslingers a coward!!:D:D:D:D:D

ChicagoBear
18-01-2009, 01:46
Wonder what name Tom English is hiding behind on here then?

Hypocrite b*stard.

Albertz Was King
I’m sure Tom English's username reeks of intellect

Does Murray use his real name when browsing?

Does Traynor use his real name?

Don't think so.

larrydavidloyal
I'd be happy to identify myself.

Dave Angell
18-01-2009, 01:47
If unearthing those behind the usernames is so important to Mr English, perhaps he can give us his username on FF ?

What about the rest of you hacks logging onto FF ? Care to reveal yourselves ?

lordlucanrfc
One of Sir Dave's lickspittles gave him the online monikers of all current members of the RST Board so he's in no doubt who most leading internet people are.

You better hope he doesn't find out your real name Mr Suck :blink:

drgriffen
The worm is starting to turn.

Grandmaster_Suck
18-01-2009, 01:48
Why does he use the name Tom English and not Thomas English? What is he trying to hide? :ninja:

totfl
I can't believe that knob Wordy got onto that list. :mad: :D

Jaws II
I will quite gladly give my real name feck it is underneath the jaws ii bit!:D

Range-Rover

Mr Super Bad

The Gunslinger

tartan penguin

TheSnowman

JohnDarwinsCanoe

wordy rappinghood

Franky Four Fingers

I've just sent him an e.mail with my name and address on it, if he wants to come back to me, we'll see just how big he is when we have it out without his thugs at his back.
I'll give 100/1 I never hear a word.

MDC
Iím sure Tom English's username reeks of intellect

Don't think so.

No. Of course not. And no doubt if he did he would attract some abuse from people who cannot behave and thus his point would, in some way that only the permanently-superior, inadequate professional journalists would understand, be proven for him.

YOGI_GER
18-01-2009, 01:49
Wordy Rappinghood is never out the lounge, how did English get by the 250 post rule to get in there? :D

RFC_Sooty
I think Tom English is Wordo.

Should we use our bank details as our monikers?.

Jaws II
I can't believe that knob Wordy got onto that list. :mad: :D

If I wasnt banned for three days I am sure I would have got a mention!!

Bassa!!:D

totfl

I'm glad the likes of Sam English, PP and me are here to protect the anonymity of the faceless wonders

ChicagoBear
18-01-2009, 01:50
I think Tom English is Wordo.

Should we use our bank details as our monikers?.

Maybe he's Phil Leotardo.

Jaws II
18-01-2009, 01:51
Maybe he's Phil Leotardo.

That could be true, or Justagrin our pal!!:D:D

Number_Eight
Confirmation, chaps, as if it was needed, that FF is read by this country`s sporting scribes, and the club too, although I imagine they must all be using monikers rather than their real names ...

StarvinMarvin

Don't think so.

you're just raging cos you're name isnt on the list :D

eleventh floor
18-01-2009, 01:52
I thought I was of some importance too, why didn't I get a mention Tom?:(

tonybair
18-01-2009, 01:52
I agree with some of the sentiment of your post but the charge needs to be answered. Death threats in Scotland are by and large pish. Can't from memory think of one that was carried out.

SDM, WS et al got their retaliation in early this week. Both called the press in to denounce "faceless" critics. They won hands down today. There was no meaningful protest and the airwaves were full of "real" fans saying how idiotic the RST are. There were a few "fans" on Radio Scotland who were saying that anyone who is complaining or carrying banners aren't season ticket holders, just trouble-makers.

Now is the time for us all to stand out and put our names forward in the fight for the soul of the club. If that means getting a few cyber threats so be it. No war was ever won without casualties. The gloves are off from the Club's perspective. Are we ready to fight for the soul of the Rangers?

Albertz Was King
18-01-2009, 01:53

Albertz Was King obviously didn’t capture his imagination.:D

He could’ve picked some funnier usernames than that.

Sutton_Blows_Goats deserves a mention surely?

b33fy
Tom English sucks ass. Big Time.

DylanGer
What a load of absolute tosh.

Perhaps he should have done some research on the relationship of the RST and SDM and their various contributions to the club and support before he decided that they have been a bunch of dafties posting on the internet in an attempt to make an impact.

Utter tripe; as a journalist told me recently there are posters on all fan sites who have better insight and produce better scribblings than a lot of his colleagues and himself.

DylanGer
18-01-2009, 01:54
I agree with some of the sentiment of your post but the charge needs to be answered. Death threats in Scotland are by and large pish. Can't from memory think of one that was carried out.

SDM, WS et al got their retaliation in early this week. Both called the press in to denounce "faceless" critics. They won hands down today. There was no meaningful protest and the airwaves were full of "real" fans saying how idiotic the RST are. There were a few "fans" on Radio Scotland who were saying that anyone who is complaining or carrying banners aren't season ticket holders, just trouble-makers.

Now is the time for us all to stand out and put our names forward in the fight for the soul of the club. If that means getting a few cyber threats so be it. No war was ever won without casualties. The gloves are off from the Club's perspective. Are we ready to fight for the soul of the Rangers?

Stay off the booze mate, honestly.

thebluenosebear
18-01-2009, 01:56
Gutted I never got a mention, i've wrote some excellent stuff this week :D

Feel free to pm me Mr English i'll give you my name address and telephone number, i'll even let you know my seat number.

Shocked about you Suck I thought everyone knew your real name or at the least your monkiers monkier ;)

totfl

I'm Jim from Clydebank. I backed Murray on Clyde today.
See how easy that was?

thebluenosebear

Is that you Tom?

MrsLaudrup
18-01-2009, 01:57
Nice wee bit of advertising for the site. Good stuff.

Albertz Was King
18-01-2009, 01:57
Utter tripe; as a journalist told me recently there are posters on all fan sites who have better insight and produce better scribblings than a lot of his colleagues and himself.

Name and shame :clap: :ninja:

tonybair
18-01-2009, 01:58
Stay off the booze mate, honestly.

:o Aw right. But seriously, what is objectionable in my post. We aren't going to win Rangers back by writing letters, posting on the internet, making banners.....

RFC_Sooty
18-01-2009, 01:59
I really hope tartan penguin is someones real name.

drgriffen
18-01-2009, 02:00
Name and shame :clap: :ninja:

Has Carino ever received payment from Ronnie Cully for the article he wrote for him?

StarvinMarvin
18-01-2009, 02:00
Is that you Tom?

nah, thats tony mate

deedle
18-01-2009, 02:01

Sorry, but I don't think a threat to anyone, let alone a death threat can be dismissed so easily.

I think wiser heads will realise that the quotes from Murray and Smith over the past week or two have hardly cast them in a good light.

Murray effectively blamed Smith and Smith resorted to attacking his own fans.

I am sure the RST fully understood the backlash it would face. Nevertheless, I think it realises that this may be a very long haul.

Number_Eight
18-01-2009, 02:03
What a load of absolute tosh.

Perhaps he should have done some research on the relationship of the RST and SDM and their various contributions to the club and support before he decided that they have been a bunch of dafties posting on the internet in an attempt to make an impact.

Walter Smith should have done the same thing.

"These people" at the RST are investing in the club; £50,000 to date and similar to follow, as I`m sure you know, mate.

That`s who these people are, Wattie ...

tonybair
18-01-2009, 02:05
I'm Jim from Clydebank. I backed Murray on Clyde today.
See how easy that was?

I totally agree with your point. If I've not made that clear I apologise. But that is my point! From the manager to the chairman to the media - the story was "Crazy, ungrateful, tiny minority, blinkered, faceless....blah blah blah" The result? None of the fans in the stadium got behind the protest. The story has now moved from SDM bleeding the club dry to RST destabilising the club in difficult economic times which aren't of SDM's making. We need to work on that. Seriously.

Burnbankblue
18-01-2009, 02:05
I dont see people from Rangers or Journos coming on here with their real names.:roll:

Jaws II
18-01-2009, 02:06

Dear Mr English my son Emperor Penguin is traumatized by your un-called for attack on me and other FF posters!!:D

DylanGer
:o Aw right. But seriously, what is objectionable in my post. We aren't going to win Rangers back by writing letters, posting on the internet, making banners.....

Well get your facts right for a start.

There was no protest planned today, there are no protests planned.

If you really think posting your name on here is going to win over Bears then fine I think it makes no difference.

The We Deserve Better Campaign is asking Bears to consider the questions asked and see if they are valid. If they think they are valid then they need to ask, can I get involved, do I want to?

Jimenez
You want to know who I am ya cancerous growth ?

Rangers No : 0005000847117

totfl
18-01-2009, 02:07

Correct, it's not the Rangers way.
Dignity
WATP
No Surrender

nozafc
18-01-2009, 02:07
Wait a minute am I missing something here ?

This no mark fücking journo is on about the use of monikers on a website that he has obviously been on a lot. What fücking name are you using Mr English ? Out yourself ? Let's have a debate right here. I'll happily give you my real name.

calvinist
18-01-2009, 02:08

you're right of course.

Protesting just isnt our thing:roll:

DylanGer
18-01-2009, 02:08
I totally agree with your point. If I've not made that clear I apologise. But that is my point! From the manager to the chairman to the media - the story was "Crazy, ungrateful, tiny minority, blinkered, faceless....blah blah blah" The result? None of the fans in the stadium got behind the protest. The story has now moved from SDM bleeding the club dry to RST destabilising the club in difficult economic times which aren't of SDM's making. We need to work on that. Seriously.

What fecking protest?

Albertz Was King
18-01-2009, 02:09
Tony, are you Tom Miller from Snyde etc.?

He fabricated a story that there was a protest today before the match.

It was utter bull.

robobear
18-01-2009, 02:11
The only thing missing from that article is a "have your say" button...

immortal7
18-01-2009, 02:13
Tom English is without doubt the poodles poodle.

To continue the canine analogy, I see Tom as akin to one of HM The Queens corgi's, sitting in SDM's lap, fed a tasty morsel and sent out to sh1t in the garden. What a twat.

Get with the 21st century Tom, SDM knows who we all are, and the use of monikers in so prevalent that on the Newsnight US election special, guest 'voice of the street' Dizzee Rascal was referred to as Mr Rascal by Jeremy Paxman!

shinguard
18-01-2009, 02:15
Aye, and see the day Tom English can come on here, lift names for his article and identify himself when doing it, he might have a point, rather than being hypocritical toadying self seeking arse licking **nt.

What's your user name Tom?

tonybair
18-01-2009, 02:17
What fecking protest?

I've misread everything that I've read on here and the RST web-site. I'm a dick and will disappear. I had thought there was unrest and a plan of action against SDM. I got it wrong.....nothing to see here......move along....things are bad....we aren't happy....but we are not protesting about anything....and folk wonder why they aren't taken seriously

DylanGer
18-01-2009, 02:17
Aye, and see the day Tom English can come on here, lift names for his article and identify himself when doing it, he might have a point, rather than being hypocritical toadying self seeking arse licking **nt.

What's your user name Tom?

If this was a Hollywood thriller we would find out in the end scene that English was actually Shinguard.

A great attempt at a double bluff but I think we've got you Mr English.

DylanGer
18-01-2009, 02:18
I've misread everything that I've read on here and the RST web-site. I'm a dick and will disappear. I had thought there was unrest and a plan of action against SDM. I got it wrong.....nothing to see here......move along....things are bad....we aren't happy....but we are not protesting about anything....and folk wonder why they aren't taken seriously

There is a campaign, a protest is a different thing.

Grandmaster_Suck
18-01-2009, 02:18

It's called asking questions and awaiting a coherent response. Popular elsewhere.

ChristineRST
18-01-2009, 02:24

Where on the RST website does it mention a 'plan of action' against SDM?

shinguard
18-01-2009, 02:26
If this was a Hollywood thriller we would find out in the end scene that English was actually Shinguard.

A great attempt at a double bluff but I think we've got you Mr English.

Made me laugh anyway.

I'm Tom English and I'm an alcojournalist..

tonybair
18-01-2009, 02:30
It's called asking questions and awaiting a coherent response. Popular elsewhere.

But the questions were asked 3 years ago. Asked to the top man's face by accounts on here. How long do we wait for an answer? When do folk wake up and realise there is:
1) No desire to answer anybody who dares to ask a question. Not the SDM way. It's why Bain is in a job. It's why such as Adam left.
2)A Chairman who wants away and who dislikes the support.

Tori, tori, tori......there is no other way. The dignified pussy-footing around and refusing to call protests protests is what will kill this club.

Rod the Prod
18-01-2009, 02:30
Just checked the members list and can find no David E. Murray or Sir David Murray E. Murray. Found a few possibles though, including dave awsome, dave crafty and dave_says_no. :D

Incidentally, a huge number of zero posters among the daves and davids. Something for admin to ponder perhaps?.........;)

totfl
18-01-2009, 02:31
But the questions were asked 3 years ago. Asked to the top man's face by accounts on here. How long do we wait for an answer? When do folk wake up and realise there is:
1) No desire to answer anybody who dares to ask a question. Not the SDM way. It's why Bain is in a job. It's why such as Adam left.

Tori, tori, tori......there is no other way. The dignified pussy-footing around and refusing to call protests protests is what will kill this club.

Tora, tora, tora?

DylanGer
18-01-2009, 02:32

I refer you to post 31.

Number_Eight
18-01-2009, 02:33
Just checked the members list and can find no David E. Murray or Sir David Murray E. Murray. Found a few possibles though, including dave awsome, dave crafty and dave_says_no. :D

Incidentally, a huge number of zero posters among the daves and davids. Something for admin to ponder perhaps?.........;)
I`m told that the middle initial should be dropped after a knighthood is given.

It should be Sir David Murray these days, not Sir David E. Murray ...

Albertz Was King
18-01-2009, 02:34
Bain tried to register but Zoolander_4_Ever was already in use.

tonybair
18-01-2009, 02:35
Where on the RST website does it mention a 'plan of action' against SDM?

I am mug. If you are going into semantics then I am sure you are smarter than me and I am sure i will find nothing on the RST web-site that could be legally construed as saying anything that actually mentions SDM. I bought the insinuation that you were for change and for me that implies taking on SDM. My mistake. The majority spoke today anyway and i think the RST are pretty dead in the water following their call to "non-protest" throughout the week.

sonowilliam2
18-01-2009, 02:36

I'm most certainly offended my moniker is not on the hit list..need to try better

SOW

nozafc
18-01-2009, 02:37
I am mug. If you are going into semantics then I am sure you are smarter than me and I am sure i will find nothing on the RST web-site that could be legally construed as saying anything that actually mentions SDM. I bought the insinuation that you were for change and for me that implies taking on SDM. My mistake. The majority spoke today anyway and i think the RST are pretty dead in the water following their call to "non-protest" throughout the week.

One part of that rambling barely coherent nonsense was correct. Guess which bit

tonybair
18-01-2009, 02:37
Tora, tora, tora?

i'm using the south island dialect you peasant
:D

totfl
18-01-2009, 02:38

You're good.
Very good. Put you're point across in a non offensive, concise and erudite manner.
Kudos to you Sir.
Cap doffed

tonybair
18-01-2009, 02:38
One part of that rambling barely coherent nonsense was correct. Guess which bit

Ok. Blank me. That's just the unity required just now.

Jimenez
18-01-2009, 02:39
As I said Murray - 000500084717

JohnDarwinsCanoe
18-01-2009, 02:39
I didn't even say anything on the 'We deserve better' campain. :confused:

Nice to see I got a wee mention though :D

Rod the Prod
18-01-2009, 02:40
I`m told that the middle initial should be dropped after a knighthood is given.

It should be Sir David Murray these days, not Sir David E. Murray ...

Aye well I couldn't find that either:p

Number_Eight
18-01-2009, 02:40
Dead in the water?

How many times has this been pronounced on here - and always without foundation or accuracy.

The RST lives, and will continue to live, and has just enjoyed a surge in membership.

Its enemies would like it to disappear, especially the hooped hordes, but it`ll be here for the duration - which is nice.

Red_White_and_Ajax
18-01-2009, 02:43
I do believe civil war has been declared :)

calvinist
18-01-2009, 02:44

have you tried captain_of_industry ?

:D

usbear
18-01-2009, 02:45
would have been brilliant if

suttonblowsgoats and timzrfudz

got a menshy :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

tonybair
18-01-2009, 02:45
Dead in the water?

How many times has this been pronounced on here - and always without foundation or accuracy.

The RST lives, and will continue to live, and has just enjoyed a surge in membership.

Its enemies would like it to disappear, especially the hooped hordes, but it`ll be here for the duration - which is nice.

I genuinely hope so. But the Trust has never been more public than this week. All over the media. There was open hostility to the Trust line all around the Stadium today. You would be mad not to have noticed and acknowledge that.

Odin
18-01-2009, 02:46
What part of "there was no protest planned dont you understand" ?

experiment626
18-01-2009, 02:50
If Murray or any of his lapdogs would like to identify themselves, i'll happily provide them with my old ST details.

From that they can gather my home address, home and mobile phone number as well as e-mail address.

I'm only a PM away.

Odin
18-01-2009, 02:51
I genuinely hope so. But the Trust has never been more public than this week. All over the media. There was open hostility to the Trust line all around the Stadium today. You would be mad not to have noticed and acknowledge that.
Open hostility? where was this on display ?

experiment626
18-01-2009, 02:51

No word on tarrierssmashwindows?? :D

experiment626
18-01-2009, 02:52
Open hostility? where was this on display ?

You obviously weren't in the directors box!!

sonowilliam2
18-01-2009, 02:55
The power of the followfollow messageboard has got a few of us thinking,we are not hiding,this avenue allows us to vent our feelings freely..take note our welcomed friend.

SOW

Number_Eight
18-01-2009, 02:56
I remember a mate of mine, a big Celtic fan, dyed in the wool, and he despised the Sack the Board and Celts for Change lot.

He was very vocal about them, and couldn`t hide his dislike. "It was the old board which won us the European Cup", he`d say. "We should stand by them".

Within a few months, things were different.

"We need a change at the top", he told me ...

JohnDarwinsCanoe
18-01-2009, 02:56
Seems he was reading this thread

http://forum.*****************/showthread.php?t=509274&page=1

Well if Murray reads the forum why does he hide behind a false name and not identify himself? Same goes for everyone else that slags off messageboards.

Red_White_and_Ajax
18-01-2009, 02:58
first it was Internet loonies

then it was ignore the voices from the Internet

then it was Internet bile

now its faceless wonders on the Internet

you would almost think we were getting under someone`s skin

DJH1980
18-01-2009, 02:59
Jesus,

This is really piss poor.

They make out they dont pay attention to websites then proceed to name several posters??

Dearie me :D

J72K
18-01-2009, 03:00
I know i'm acting brave because i'm hiding behind my username :blink: but this guy is a prick :mad:

Odin
18-01-2009, 03:00
Seems he was reading this thread

http://forum.*****************/showthread.php?t=509274&page=1

Well if Murray reads the forum why does he hide behind a false name and not identify himself? Same goes for everyone else that slags off messageboards.
Brilliant :D its all my fault :p

fivestarsrfc
18-01-2009, 03:07
first it was Internet loonies

then it was ignore the voices from the Internet

then it was Internet bile

now its faceless wonders on the Internet

you would almost think we were getting under someone`s skin

Progress is certainly being made.

The thing that still suprises me is the amount of supporters who accept second best in a two horse race. We have won 2 out of 8 titles and would be facing 9iar this year if it wasn't for two last day victories. There was a thread stating a frightening statistic that we are 87 points behind the tarriers since 2001 season iirc.

We deserve better. Much better.

tonybair
18-01-2009, 03:07
I remember a mate of mine, a big Celtic fan, dyed in the wool, and he despised the Sack the Board and Celts for Change lot.

He was very vocal about them, and couldn`t hide his dislike. "It was the old board which won us the European Cup", he`d say. "We should stand by them".

Within a few months, things were different.

"We need a change at the top", he told me ...

This is my point. How did that guy get from one view to the other? Open, vocal, protest? Or a series of press releases launching indeterminate "concerns"?

Cooperfan
18-01-2009, 03:12
Gunslingers a coward!!:D:D:D:D:D

How does he know he's a coward? Has he met him?

I'd love Gunslinger to be a giant hairy wrestler seeking revenge. :cool:

Hypocrite b*stard.

Don't you just love the irony?

sonowilliam2
18-01-2009, 03:13
So Thomas your moniker is ?

Right lads,so who is the spy in the camp ? I'll go for Ajax or Nash

SOW :D

Number_Eight
18-01-2009, 03:15
This is my point. How did that guy get from one view to the other? Open, vocal, protest? Or a series of press releases launching indeterminate "concerns"?
He started thinking about the situation because it was constantly in his face on the media.

When he learned to analyse the situation instead of applying a knee-jerk defensive response, the picture became clearer.

That`s why the RST`s current campaign has been a success.

Rangers supporters are thinking about the club`s general health because the issue is on the popular media.

That has to be a good thing and is most definitely progress.

Cooperfan
18-01-2009, 03:20
This journo is a friend of Britney's.

Who is logged in right now with zero posts? I would bet he'll be looking in to see the response he gets.

72 Blue
18-01-2009, 03:28
Confirmation, chaps, as if it was needed, that FF is read by this country`s sporting scribes, and the club too, although I imagine they must all be using monikers rather than their real names ...

Spot on. Do we get a prize if we can find out what their " Ridiculous monikers" are? :ninja:

sonowilliam2
18-01-2009, 03:31
This journo is a friend of Britney's.

Who is logged in right now with zero posts? I would bet he'll be looking in to see the response he gets.

Go on take your pick..

sonowilliam2, 11Huistra11, 22ndbb, 51&Counting, 72 Blue, Aimar, Albaz06, Albertz Was King, albion1966, allanrfc, AllysArmy, alwaysablue2, ammego, amo4, amorosso, Amurphrfc, andy1605, Andy17x, atsoc15, Bairdy, balornock bear, balticblue, BarrBlue, Bazzzzaaa, BearNed, bebornager, bigbilly, BigThommo19, Billyurksboots, Blue Magician, blue singe, BLUE91, bluebear_73, bluebeat_pete, BlueDamSquare, bluedawg, boab1688, BobbyG, boomer307, bozzy11, Briggsybear_jr., broxis11, brundlefly213, bryangreenfield, buckeyeblue, buffalobearette, cadge, calderwoodbear, CALE1972, carino, champagnedavey, charlie charlie, chilebear, ChristineRST, clarky1690, cmaj, colin51, cooler_king+, Cooperfan, Cooper_Ally, Craigster65, crookedspoke, culdoo loyal, cuthbert.d, cwycria, dahen, dalegordonstache, david91, davieboy1873, davieboy7, defender, Delbertz, denver_bear, derbybear, DicktheAdvocate, Dippy55, DIV_H_RFC, DJH1980, doogsternz, dowpy dan, Dragy, Dr_Seuss, eastendbluenose, EastScarboroughLoyal, ebbwvale_ger, EKBlue, Enemy of the State, enigmablue, Exilenla, Faz_50, First_to_51, fivestarsrfc, flany-kpl, Fleshers_Haugh, FlipSebo, footey, fotze2, gazuk, gazzario, GioVanB, givemyheadpeace, glasgowiron, glasgowunibear, govanknight, haggis, hairybelly, Hamburg, heedy2touch, heidtheba, Holburnbear, homer1708, HRHXI, iainmcdee06, invernesscaleywho, Invicta_Loyal04, JamesCurranBaxter, Jarrow_Bear, jayt, jed jed1, Jimenez, JohnDarwinsCanoe, jrfc, JSM, junilocono, juniorpnm, Kaiser, Kensington Blue Nose, Kilwinnin Bluenose, kilwinnin ranger, kingsburyblue, kpdouglas, kpswannie, lebooboo, Lerwickstan, linthousebear, LiviBear, LochyBear 11, Loves To Spooge, Loyal Bluenose, LoyalBear, LoyalistBears, luhg_7, macca299, magicman200, maguslie, MarkhamBlue, Max Zayats, mcoletta333, mdnl, mikeymols_10, miltonbear, mrsalbertz, munkoomccoist, Novocane, nozafc, nozbit, Number_Eight, Orange & Blue, OrigTommy, ORR, parasol79, pb056, peeps, Phant1873, pippaaa, popeye, provanhalltrueblue, Pure_Orange_Juice, Rangersman2008, Red_White_and_Ajax+, REMEMBER THE WINK, RFC417, rfcsteve, RFCsteven, RHA, robden78, Robrfc, Rod the Prod, Rodders, roddymcd, Rotten_Mob, Royal Burgh Fanatic, S.LondonBear, Samshoblue, scotchtommy, ScottishBear, scotty75, selkirkloyal, SenoraCuellar, sept1st, shagster, Shankill_Loyalist, shorty, sirpumpalot, Slide, smileyteddybear, Sons_of_the_Gers, souness4, southernranger, sowfb1972, sparkdog, Squidward, Squire Substance D, StarvinMarvin, Strathclyde_Bear, stuey, superally1873, sydneybear, Ter, thebluenosebear, TheInformer, ThePedroandMaryChain, therangers, The_Goalie, The_Greek, thomyorke_legend1, Thorbear, thrills, Timster, Toby77, tonybair, totfl, Totti, TrueBlue1314, TrueImage, uddingstonbluenose, usbear, vixma, walker06, wearetheppl1987, westwayloyal, whatamunson, WTD, Yankee, zadok[/I]

With one exception obviously :angel:

Jimenez
18-01-2009, 03:32
From that list ? sonofwilliam2 is a taig :D

GioVanB
18-01-2009, 03:44
Go on take your pick..

sonowilliam2, 11Huistra11, 22ndbb, 51&Counting, 72 Blue, Aimar, Albaz06, Albertz Was King, albion1966, allanrfc, AllysArmy, alwaysablue2, ammego, amo4, amorosso, Amurphrfc, andy1605, Andy17x, atsoc15, Bairdy, balornock bear, balticblue, BarrBlue, Bazzzzaaa, BearNed, bebornager, bigbilly, BigThommo19, Billyurksboots, Blue Magician, blue singe, BLUE91, bluebear_73, bluebeat_pete, BlueDamSquare, bluedawg, boab1688, BobbyG, boomer307, bozzy11, Briggsybear_jr., broxis11, brundlefly213, bryangreenfield, buckeyeblue, buffalobearette, cadge, calderwoodbear, CALE1972, carino, champagnedavey, charlie charlie, chilebear, ChristineRST, clarky1690, cmaj, colin51, cooler_king+, Cooperfan, Cooper_Ally, Craigster65, crookedspoke, culdoo loyal, cuthbert.d, cwycria, dahen, dalegordonstache, david91, davieboy1873, davieboy7, defender, Delbertz, denver_bear, derbybear, DicktheAdvocate, Dippy55, DIV_H_RFC, DJH1980, doogsternz, dowpy dan, Dragy, Dr_Seuss, eastendbluenose, EastScarboroughLoyal, ebbwvale_ger, EKBlue, Enemy of the State, enigmablue, Exilenla, Faz_50, First_to_51, fivestarsrfc, flany-kpl, Fleshers_Haugh, FlipSebo, footey, fotze2, gazuk, gazzario, GioVanB, givemyheadpeace, glasgowiron, glasgowunibear, govanknight, haggis, hairybelly, Hamburg, heedy2touch, heidtheba, Holburnbear, homer1708, HRHXI, iainmcdee06, invernesscaleywho, Invicta_Loyal04, JamesCurranBaxter, Jarrow_Bear, jayt, jed jed1, Jimenez, JohnDarwinsCanoe, jrfc, JSM, junilocono, juniorpnm, Kaiser, Kensington Blue Nose, Kilwinnin Bluenose, kilwinnin ranger, kingsburyblue, kpdouglas, kpswannie, lebooboo, Lerwickstan, linthousebear, LiviBear, LochyBear 11, Loves To Spooge, Loyal Bluenose, LoyalBear, LoyalistBears, luhg_7, macca299, magicman200, maguslie, MarkhamBlue, Max Zayats, mcoletta333, mdnl, mikeymols_10, miltonbear, mrsalbertz, munkoomccoist, Novocane, nozafc, nozbit, Number_Eight, Orange & Blue, OrigTommy, ORR, parasol79, pb056, peeps, Phant1873, pippaaa, popeye, provanhalltrueblue, Pure_Orange_Juice, Rangersman2008, Red_White_and_Ajax+, REMEMBER THE WINK, RFC417, rfcsteve, RFCsteven, RHA, robden78, Robrfc, Rod the Prod, Rodders, roddymcd, Rotten_Mob, Royal Burgh Fanatic, S.LondonBear, Samshoblue, scotchtommy, ScottishBear, scotty75, selkirkloyal, SenoraCuellar, sept1st, shagster, Shankill_Loyalist, shorty, sirpumpalot, Slide, smileyteddybear, Sons_of_the_Gers, souness4, southernranger, sowfb1972, sparkdog, Squidward, Squire Substance D, StarvinMarvin, Strathclyde_Bear, stuey, superally1873, sydneybear, Ter, thebluenosebear, TheInformer, ThePedroandMaryChain, therangers, The_Goalie, The_Greek, thomyorke_legend1, Thorbear, thrills, Timster, Toby77, tonybair, totfl, Totti, TrueBlue1314, TrueImage, uddingstonbluenose, usbear, vixma, walker06, wearetheppl1987, westwayloyal, whatamunson, WTD, Yankee, zadok[/I]

Hmmmmmmmm :angel:

Cooperfan
18-01-2009, 03:49
Well I don't see his real name in there. What a surprise!

sonowilliam2
18-01-2009, 04:01
Well I don't see his real name in there. What a surprise!

Have you got your specs on,anyway you need to look more carefully..

sonowilliam2, 11Huistra11, 22ndbb, 51&Counting, 72 Blue, Aimar, Albaz06, Albertz Was King, albion1966, allanrfc, AllysArmy, alwaysablue2, ammego, amo4, amorosso, Amurphrfc, andy1605, Andy17x, atsoc15, Bairdy, balornock bear, balticblue, BarrBlue, Bazzzzaaa, BearNed, bebornager, bigbilly, BigThommo19, Billyurksboots, Blue Magician, blue singe, BLUE91, bluebear_73, bluebeat_pete, BlueDamSquare, bluedawg, boab1688, BobbyG, boomer307, bozzy11, Briggsybear_jr., broxis11, brundlefly213, bryangreenfield, buckeyeblue, buffalobearette, cadge, calderwoodbear, CALE1972, carino, champagnedavey, charlie charlie, chilebear, ChristineRST, clarky1690, cmaj, colin51, cooler_king+, Cooperfan, Cooper_Ally, Craigster65, crookedspoke, culdoo loyal, cuthbert.d, cwycria, dahen, dalegordonstache, david91, davieboy1873, davieboy7, defender, Delbertz, denver_bear, derbybear, DicktheAdvocate, Dippy55, DIV_H_RFC, DJH1980, doogsternz, dowpy dan, Dragy, Dr_Seuss, eastendbluenose, EastScarboroughLoyal, ebbwvale_ger, EKBlue, Enemy of the State, enigmablue, Exilenla, Faz_50, First_to_51, fivestarsrfc, flany-kpl, Fleshers_Haugh, FlipSebo, footey, fotze2, gazuk, gazzario, GioVanB, givemyheadpeace, glasgowiron, glasgowunibear, govanknight, haggis, hairybelly, Hamburg, heedy2touch, heidtheba, Holburnbear, homer1708, HRHXI, iainmcdee06, invernesscaleywho, Invicta_Loyal04, JamesCurranBaxter, Jarrow_Bear, jayt, jed jed1, Jimenez, JohnDarwinsCanoe, jrfc, JSM, junilocono, juniorpnm, Kaiser, Kensington Blue Nose, Kilwinnin Bluenose, kilwinnin ranger, kingsburyblue, kpdouglas, kpswannie, lebooboo, Lerwickstan, linthousebear, LiviBear, LochyBear 11, Loves To Spooge, Loyal Bluenose, LoyalBear, LoyalistBears, luhg_7, macca299, magicman200, maguslie, MarkhamBlue, Max Zayats, mcoletta333, mdnl, mikeymols_10, miltonbear, mrsalbertz, munkoomccoist, Novocane, nozafc, nozbit, Number_Eight, Orange & Blue, OrigTommy, ORR, parasol79, pb056, peeps, Phant1873, pippaaa, popeye, provanhalltrueblue, Pure_Orange_Juice, Rangersman2008, Red_White_and_Ajax+, REMEMBER THE WINK, RFC417, rfcsteve, RFCsteven, RHA, robden78, Robrfc, Rod the Prod, Rodders, roddymcd, Rotten_Mob, Royal Burgh Fanatic, S.LondonBear, Samshoblue, scotchtommy, ScottishBear, scotty75, selkirkloyal, SenoraCuellar, sept1st, shagster, Shankill_Loyalist, shorty, sirpumpalot, Slide, smileyteddybear, Sons_of_the_Gers, souness4, southernranger, sowfb1972, sparkdog, Squidward, Squire Substance D, StarvinMarvin, Strathclyde_Bear, stuey, superally1873, sydneybear, Ter, thebluenosebear, TheInformer, ThePedroandMaryChain, therangers, The_Goalie, The_Greek, thomyorke_legend1, Thorbear, thrills, Timster, Toby77, TOMENGLISH, tonybair, totfl, Totti, TrueBlue1314, TrueImage, uddingstonbluenose, usbear, vixma, walker06, wearetheppl1987, westwayloyal, whatamunson, WTD, Yankee, zadok[/i]

sonowilliam2
18-01-2009, 04:08
Hmmmmmmmm :angel:

Excellent spot,me thinks i shall have a little dabble into Mr Timsters profile ;)

TheInformer
18-01-2009, 04:13
Utterly pathetic, because people have funny monikers their arguments are invalid. Never heard of the "ad hominem" fallacy khunnto?

"Now, there are people on websites who won't reveal their identity because they are bigots"

Where do you start with such ignorance? Maybe he would like to meet Colin Mackenzie, who despite being 13 stone, pretty fit and going to the gym, even had to change his moniker on here. :eek:

"Website convention dictates that you don't use your real name. Fair enough, change the convention."

OK, hang on while I go on to my profile and click the "modify the conventions of the entire internet" button. :roll:

"Once these guys climb out from behind the cloak of anonymity and say to Murray "right, here we are, out in the open" then they might get the respect they believe is lacking right now."

eh, isn't that just what the Trust has done?

"my pal Graham Spiers"

ach well, why bother?

charlie charlie
18-01-2009, 05:02
The person who wrote that will more than likely have an account on here and most definitely will know exactly what to be ashamed of with that mince article.

Just for you, whoever you are, you have a degree in journalism. You are trained to comment with some kind of skill. Read that article again and have a think about the way your career is going. A sell-out selling red-top scottish football articles and you aren't even allowed yer own point of view. Pathetic.

paisleyprod
18-01-2009, 05:09

Don't think so.

indeed. Is there a poster called Liar Liar or Moonbeams?:ninja:

sydneybear
18-01-2009, 05:10

Mr Super Bad

The Gunslinger

tartan penguin

TheSnowman

JohnDarwinsCanoe

wordy rappinghood

Franky Four Fingers

Shoot the penguin!!!!

WATP

Smudger69
18-01-2009, 06:02
I for one have no problem with revealing my true identity:

Bruce Wayne
Big Hoose
Gotham City

If there's no answer check out the butlers quarters.

Changed the words under my moniker as I have no problem with anyone knowing my name. I would gladly give my real name if I was writing to a paper etc

22ndbb
18-01-2009, 06:26

Not read past the 2nd post....How would anyone know this ??

tartan_penguin
18-01-2009, 07:11
As one of the "Scotsman Seven" I would just like to say that Mr English yer article is pish....We are talking about message boards where fans use nicknames... i think you'll find that is normal in cyberspace. What a non story...
You are more than welcome to PM me and we can chat further.... and I will give you my real name

cant believe I am now famous ;)

WATP

tartan_penguin
18-01-2009, 07:13

.... of course it's my real name..... ;)

Norn_Iron_Bluenose
18-01-2009, 07:19
As one of the "Scotsman Seven" I would just like to say that Mr English yer article is pish....We are talking about message boards where fans use nicknames... i think you'll find that is normal in cyberspace. What a non story...
You are more than welcome to PM me and we can chat further.... and I will give you my real name

cant believe I am now famous ;)

WATP

Can I be your agent :confused:

60/40 in your favour for future stories :p

tartan_penguin
18-01-2009, 07:22
Make it 75 - 25 and we can start negotiations....

I expect the phone to be red hot....

Norn_Iron_Bluenose
18-01-2009, 07:27
Make it 75 - 25 and we can start negotiations....

I expect the phone to be red hot....

Deal :p :D

opersson
18-01-2009, 08:29
Each Scotland On Sunday comments section, when provided, is full of monikers. Are you calling a sizeable section of your readership faceless cyber warriors, all fire and brimstone with a keyboard at their fingers?

iaatpies
18-01-2009, 08:45

I'd rather have seen Beadles Manky Fist get a namecheck.

What happened to him btw?

govanx
18-01-2009, 08:58

You are definetly getting to them mate if they're naming you in their rag:D Keep it up. No Surrender.

derbybear
18-01-2009, 09:27
Is my name not in the Scotsman?

Is it because I'm not bileous enough or have I identified myself too well?

Why are you not on the list?

blu14evr
18-01-2009, 09:46
remind me who Tom English is again? What a stupid, stupid article from a no-mark waste of space journalist fearing for his own job no doubt.

hamiltonbear7
18-01-2009, 09:48
........................................ Delilah

murphy
18-01-2009, 10:04
remind me who Tom English is again? What a stupid, stupid article from a no-mark waste of space journalist fearing for his own job no doubt.

Can someone explain or post article.

allymac66
18-01-2009, 10:06

Probably another ****wit that's on the Murray payroll,

Wonder what moniker SDM goes under....AMMACANT???

allymac66
18-01-2009, 10:10
Can someone explain or post article.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/39Murray-is-entitled-to-dismiss.4887885.jp

D4RN-L
18-01-2009, 10:21
It's another waste of news space and nothing else!

Sutton_Blows_g0ats
18-01-2009, 10:23
Haw Tom,

Your a fanny, where's my mention :D

murphy
18-01-2009, 10:25
http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/39Murray-is-entitled-to-dismiss.4887885.jp

DE gets a death threat yet journalists want us to use our real names. Anyway, I thought pseudonyms were allowed in writing circles.

Sutton_Blows_g0ats
18-01-2009, 10:25
The retard even got the Spongebobsquarepass guys moniker wrong, tadger can't even read.

codownblu
18-01-2009, 10:27
Worst article by far. Totally pointless. I would have more respect for SDM if he identified and gave proper details around -

The mysterious bid for the club he said he rejected
His mysterious stadium plans he has dropped
The true debt position, cost and structure
Anything resembling a constructive long term business plan........

to list but a few.....

LJ50
18-01-2009, 10:28
EDIT: Apologies mods, didn't see deedles thread below. Sure you can merge this one with that.

Absolutely disgusting vilification of every single member of this board. "Website convention dictates that you don't use your real name." - Damn right it does English, look on your own websites "comments" section. This will remain the convention - particularly on this site in part because several members of this board have had their personal details revealed and been subject to disgusting contact from supporters of "another team". However you might also wish to peruse police and internet security companies advice which storngly suggests that real names are never used on public messageboards. We should ignore that right?

If we phone a radio show are we faceless and anonymous? If we write to the Scotsman are we faceless and anonymous? You check everyone is using real names on these letters do you?

And to the (lurking) journalist in question:

This shows that critics of the campaign are really floundering in finding anything inthe 17 points that they can put up an arguement against. INstead they are attacking the forum in which much of the debate takes place. Judge the content of what we say, not the often amusing monickers we use. That will give you some credibility Mr English.

'Murray is entitled to dismiss those who won't give their real names'
Published Date: 18 January 2009
By Tom English

IF THE disaffected of Ibrox really want their voices heard there is one thing they can do that might help, one thing above all others that might have Sir David Murray, Martin Bain and Walter Smith giving them the time of day. When they go on their websites with their thoughts on the state of the club they could start using their real names instead of the ridiculous monikers they carry on with.

Is it any wonder that Murray and Smith have barely concealed contempt for these people when one of the leading voices on one of the leading fans' forums calls himself Grandmaster Suck?

Murray, and everybody else at Ibrox, is entitled to dismiss as irrelevant the thoughts of somebody who doesn't have the maturity to put his name to a posting. It is absurd that the chairman should be expected to pay attention to a lobby that won't even tell him who they are. If actual names, checked and verified, start appearing at the end of these messages on places like Follow Follow then Murray would sit up and take notice, for certain. You'd be talking about a captive chairman at that point. Once these guys climb out from behind the cloak of anonymity and say to Murray "right, here we are, out in the open" then they might get the respect they believe is lacking right now.

You only had to look at one of these websites last week to realise that those who think that Murray should be taking them seriously are deluded. For instance, would any of these revolutionary voices (a fair chunk of them making absolutely valid points) take to heart any criticism of themselves in their own day jobs if the analysis of their performance was signed by somebody called SpongeBobSquarePants as one of the more cogent evaluations of Rangers' plight was on Follow Follow last week?

Rangers people may indeed Deserve Better as the Rangers Supporters Trust motto goes, but if they feel that strongly about it they could at least identify themselves. They all know that Murray looks at Follow Follow. He complains about it from a position of strength. He checks it out. Quite often, I would suggest. If their club is going down the toilet, if the situation is as grave as all that, then why wouldn't the members stand over their own remarks instead of hiding like children behind nicknames?

Here's what I mean. After the RST made their announcement last week many threads started to appear on the website. The cyber fans formed a queue to endorse the We Deserve Better campaign, each one posting their thoughts. Here's a list of some of the contributors...

Mr Super Bad

The Gunslinger

tartan penguin

TheSnowman

JohnDarwinsCanoe

wordy rappinghood

Franky Four Fingers

Now, seriously, can any of these guys see a day when they're going to get a dialogue going with Murray?

"Ah, Mr Snowman, come in, sit down. Now I've read what you and Mr Canoe, Mr Gunslinger, Mr Penguin and Mr Rappinghood have said and as grown-ups I respect your opinions"

Get in the real world, chaps.

There was also a debate at one point, in the wake of Walter Smith questioning how many fans actually support the RST, and here again we had a long stream of people either saying they were members or saying they were going to join and not one of them appeared to use their real name, unless there's been a massive run on the Deed Poll office headed by Mr Runningbear and Mr Bubablue.

Now, there are people on websites who won't reveal their identity because they are bigots, because they have nothing at all to contribute bar their warped take on the world. I'm not talking about those clowns. I'm talking about the supporters who have something sensible to say, who are deeply worried (but not abusive or hysterical) about the recent developments at Ibrox – and there are loads of those. On Friday, I had a look for myself and there is plenty of lively debate and interesting thinking, plenty of heartfelt pleas and strong analysis of Rangers' plight.

Website convention dictates that you don't use your real name. Fair enough, change the convention. Make a statement. If you feel strongly enough about this then put your name to it instead of pretending to be a Gunslinger when, in fact, you're a bit of a coward. Banners calling for Murray to go will have zero impact on the man. It's a vacuous statement. As we've said here before: fine, Murray Must Go...and then what? Who takes over? Who stumps up the salaries? Who drives the operation? Nobody wants in. Nobody with money or the ability to take the club forward wants anything to do with it. Not now and not for the foreseeable future.

As Murray and Smith have pointed out, it's difficult to say how many people actually support the RST. Personally, I find them a hard lot to warm to what with David Edgar's stuttering and stammering in the past whenever my pal Graham Spiers asked him to explain why the singing of the Billy Boys was acceptable to some Rangers people.

Also, one of Edgar's deputies sent me an e-mail late last year which, to be frank, was pretty gross. I wouldn't be a huge fan of the RST, but each to their own.

They have followers, no doubt. There is concern, that's evident. But too many football supporters are faceless cyber warriors, all fire and brimstone with a keyboard at their fingers and as quiet as church mice when they're asked to go public. Franky Four Fingers will open no doors. Start naming names, boys. That's my advice. Really and truly, I can't see Murray taking a blind bit of notice of you otherwise.

Ayrshire_Billy_Boy
18-01-2009, 10:31
How does Murray dismiss us by continually talking about us? :confused:

Sportacus
18-01-2009, 10:31
Tom English mentions the FF guru 'Grandmaster suck' in his piece to day about David Murray.
This guy gets more high profile every day!

(Suck that is)

Bullseye
18-01-2009, 10:34
It must be getting to him that article in the SOS is nothing short of laughable.

Sam_English
18-01-2009, 10:34
Does he hold the Suckmeister in high esteem in his article?

LJ50
18-01-2009, 10:35
Does anyone have English's email address?

Email on it's way to him with my names, phone number and FF monicker.

30k registered users on here doing this same, might be good.....

rangersblue
18-01-2009, 10:35
what name he use to come on? tom-fool-am-i
maybe? :roll:

The Railway Bear
18-01-2009, 10:37
Tom English mentions the FF guru 'Grandmaster suck' in his piece to day about David Murray.
This guy gets more high profile every day!

(Suck that is)

Suck and a few others as posted in another thread.

Sportacus
18-01-2009, 10:47
I'm gutted, even that 'leftie' Wordy got a mention and I didn't:mad:

One of these days, one of these days!

SpongebobSquarePass
18-01-2009, 10:48
I'm offended - he got my name wrong!

Imnobigot
18-01-2009, 10:48
Does anybody have a problem revealing their real name I certainly dont.

Maybe admin are not comfortable if we reveal out real names, please advise ?

As I said a couple of days ago on here Murray or whoever are welcome to my real name, phone number and home address if they wish so and they can pop into my local for a wee beer and a blether anytime but I suppose they think they would be lowering their standards to do that :)

davy1962
18-01-2009, 10:50
Another lot of tosh from an idiotic hack.
He writes that he(and murray) both come on here,so what name do they use?
I`m sure if any of the posters he mentioned were given the opportunity to write a column in a national newspaper giving their views they would not hide behind a username,but I forgot,no one who criticises murray will be given a job in the media.

Sam_English
18-01-2009, 10:52
I wonder what his moniker is on here ?

jb_sow
18-01-2009, 10:52
Murray knows who Grandmaster Suck is. Murray knows who the Trust are.

Who is Tom English trying to kid?

Sutton_Blows_g0ats
18-01-2009, 10:53
Murrayfan#1 or suchlike

nybear
18-01-2009, 10:55
I just checked our membership and cant find a Tom English

When they go on their websites with their thoughts on the state of the club they could start using their real names instead of the ridiculous monikers they carry on with.

So Tom whats yours and the rest of the media's monikers:confused:

Also Tom, murray, scott and bain know who i am.

further down i see Graham Spiers is giving you one, why else would you lie for him or you would know that Graham Spiers refuses to meet anyone live and debate his hatred, because he would be made look like the bigot he is and also made look very stupid.

gersmad
18-01-2009, 10:55
Anyone remember the journalist ( excuse that slip ) who did expose himself on FF and couldnt even spell his real name .

McGointy for McGinty :D:D

1955bear
18-01-2009, 10:56
why do newspapers allow comments from readers under similar circumstances ?.

No requirement there to identify by name,dob,NI No,seat no etc.

deedle
18-01-2009, 10:57
As pointed out already on this thread, someone leaked the names and monikers of RST Board members to Sir Dave.

SDM also stated via Chick Young that he knew the names of the 40 most troublesome posters.

Why he and Walter Smith are so obsessed about this, I can only hazard a guess. I sense it annoys them that although they have a huge influence over the mainstream media they cannot control what people say on the Internet, some of which, of course, is highly critical.

What should interest Rangers supporters, though, is the nature of the reaction from the club and the media to the RST's perfectly reasonable statement. As far as I can make out, only a small minority of journalists - bizarrely, including Davie Provan - have addressed the points raised. Others have resorted to deflection, such as deliberately misinterpreting the RST's stance as 'Murray Out' or claiming that the recession is really to blame.

Tom English's piece is a perfect example of where the mainstream media is failing and Internet-based citizen journalism is scoring.

Carlos Spicyweiner
18-01-2009, 10:58
Why was my moniker not mentioned

that paper is a joke

SpongebobSquarePass
18-01-2009, 11:00
"You only had to look at one of these websites last week to realise that those who think that Murray should be taking them seriously are deluded. For instance, would any of these revolutionary voices (a fair chunk of them making absolutely valid points) take to heart any criticism of themselves in their own day jobs if the analysis of their performance was signed by somebody called SpongeBobSquarePants as one of the more cogent evaluations of Rangers' plight was on Follow Follow last week?"

But if it was signed by SpongeBobSquarePass they'd be gutted :)

This argument (you can't learn anything from people if you dont know their name and address) is a very odd one.

I suggest this journalist looks at what has happened to David Edgar.

blu14evr
18-01-2009, 11:02
Does 'Tom' need our names and email addresses so that he can send us a wee text perchance? What an utter fool of a man...

andybellrfc
18-01-2009, 11:02
Suck and a few others as posted in another thread.

I wonder what his user name is on Follow Follow. You can guarantee its not his name. :roll:

I think we all realise nobody is going to take over the club anytime soon, However the way the club is run is a shambles to say the least. Desperate to sell a player when Smith wasted so much money in the Summer. A 25m team that don't seem to know the basics of football, set pieces, passing etc. The asset stripping of the club. Bain being paid a kings ransom. These are just some of the points that need addressed. We don't need a new chairman to address these (Although it would be fantastic).

Also Mr English mentions the Billy Boys, what exactly would be wrong with this song without the add on words, with the original words? I don't see why David Edgar would stutter and stammer if he addressed the question back to the original words. Its a fairly straightforward argument. I'm sure if it was promoted with the correct words after the song being gone for so long, the fans could comply.

hippo94735
18-01-2009, 11:05
Does Tome English really belive that this campaign is led by follow follow - I dont think so! Yet another peice focussing on none of the 17 valid points raised by the RST

BearNed
It's a typical anti-internet article by a journalist.

He knows fine well why people don't use their real names online.

dmcd

Hypocrite b*stard.

Was thinking the same. I dont see any usernames of well known press people on here, but they seem to be able to quote....

frankie_dux
who is thesnowman?

i dont think i have ever seen one of his posts

RangersForMe
18-01-2009, 11:06
I haven't read all the posts in the thread so it's probably already been posted but isn't it quite common in journalism for different names to be adopted?

Sir David if you are looking in let me assure you, just because I know you and you don't know me doesn't mean anything and be in no doubt, you mean less to me that I do to you.

nybear
18-01-2009, 11:06
why do newspapers allow comments from readers under similar circumstances ?.

No requirement there to identify by name,dob,NI No,seat no etc.

coming from a clown that hides behind a newspaper that doesnt give you a right to reply in any form.

Ayrshire_Billy_Boy
18-01-2009, 11:07
I think Alan Marshall is the best journalist in Scotland.

deedle
18-01-2009, 11:08
Just noticed this bit:

...my pal Graham Spiers...

Is there any other permutation of 4 words which would so comprehensively destroy someone's credibility on FF? :)

Pumbas_Nakasak
18-01-2009, 11:10
As an aside, when you respond to so called journalists on line, automatically you give them your details. What Im surprised at is very rarely do these bastions of truth and honesty reply or publish what is sent, especially if it highlights their inaccuracies or counters their ill thought out arguments.

As I stated yesterday, their is an orchestrated campaign by Murray and his lap dogs to discredit the Trust and FF, because both provide an outlet to challenge the demonisation and destruction of RFC. They dont like it up em.

omegaman
18-01-2009, 11:12
Dear, oh dear.

It's juvenile stuff, isn't it?

Forgetting what this trumpet English has been paid to say for a moment, Murray's desperation to trivialise the views of internet fan forums smacks of a head in the sand approach by the chairman which only inadvertently enhances the notion that he's out of touch.

What is also interesting is that as far as I'm aware the RST don't go by colourful nom de plume's when meeting with Murray and club officals and yet so far no one at the club has chosen to respond to or even simply acknowledge their seventeen point plan.

Incidentally, if I could prove that I was actually called 'Omegaman' would what I have to say about the state of my club be devalued because it wasn't deemed a serious enough name?

Or alternatively, if we were to all begin posting with our proper names, would Murray really be more receptive?

It's laughable.

mufasa
18-01-2009, 11:12
I am happy to identify myself.

In fact here is a picture Tom.

http://www.geocities.com/loinking005/images/mufasa.jpg

Sutton_Blows_g0ats
18-01-2009, 11:14

I agree with you mate :D

Tom ya spacker gies a menshy!!! :D >:)

tartan_penguin
18-01-2009, 11:14
Using nom de plume is common in writing circles... maybe Mr English should do some research....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nom_de_plume

Jakarta Ger
18-01-2009, 11:17
Why does SDM get everyone and stand up for him (McCoist, Walter etc) and defend him when Rangers are so backward at defending us? When he himself does not defend us?

nybear
18-01-2009, 11:20
[QUOTE=mufasa;8021556]I am happy to identify myself.

using real names on a forum this size with a world wide membership, how many users would we have with the same name, phone book tells us that.

for the record my name is John smith:angel: how many other john smiths posts here;)

would the real Graham Spiers and Tom English please stand up, so we can point and also laugh:D

mufasa
18-01-2009, 11:36
[QUOTE=mufasa;8021556]I am happy to identify myself.

using real names on a forum this size with a world wide membership, how many users would we have with the same name, phone book tells us that.

for the record my name is John smith:angel: how many other john smiths posts here;)

would the real Graham Spiers and Tom English please stand up, so we can point and also laugh:D

Journalists are a joke, as has been pointed his paper allows comments after articles and real names are never used. There is no tom english on this site yet he has logged on here with an assumed name and ridcules assumed names.

SeaBill
18-01-2009, 11:45
Is this journalist really so naive to expect people to use their real names given the possible consequences?..............................http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport/39Murray-is-entitled-to-dismiss.4887885.jp..................
Franky Four Fingers

Perhaps the Scotsman should consider the same for the celtc minded posters on its comments threads. There is a whole swathe of "posters" attacking Rangers' and their supporters from 00.00 to 23.59, some names appearing for over 16 hours.
They have made allegations against SDM, Walter Smith and other Ibrox personnel, past and present, that would have got this website closed down, if not lay it open to legal action for slander.
The fact that they seem to have clearance for their Protestant baiting and never get banned, lends credence to the theory that they are in fact staff members of the "Scotsman".
Considering some of the bait that the paid celtc minded journos do put their names to, Jane Godley's piece (now removed from the site) about her funny wee wumman throwing petrol bombs at Protestants in Brigton for one, you'd think they'd be proud to publicise their views.

servicepoint
18-01-2009, 11:46
It amazes me they can keep avoiding the points!
The journalists and Murray know why names are not used on the forum but it suits them to avoid the points. Incidently journalists were the originators of using pseudonyms' in their all powerful times for fear of personal reprisal from those they wrote about, hypocrites!

Our members IDs are in jest and possibly innuendo in many cases (worked mine out yet, Mr Murray)) and I'm sure we don't introduce ourselves in everyday life as such.

PS I would be only too happy to identify myself to Murray,Bain and alll. They will find me to be not a mouse!

I wish I had got a mention!

kaical
18-01-2009, 11:53
My name is David McLean.I`m also a shareholder.I live in Lisburn,N.I.There you go minty,you should be able to get the rest yourself.WDB.

Bluebells Bar, Puerto Del Carmen
18-01-2009, 12:00
The article is just stupid. Nothing else to say really.

LJ50
18-01-2009, 12:04
Anyone got Tom English's email address? A few emails just with names, numbers and usernames is in order......

Mox
18-01-2009, 13:23
I first posted on FollowFollow the best part of a decade ago at a time when the internet was still in its infancy. Messageboards were only just starting to spring up and I'd imagine a lot of people, like me, were apprehensive about posting any personal details, let alone their full name. Hence monikers were used, many of which we still see on the current board. Have a look at any other internet forum and it's the same.

Monikers give posters an online identity, a character and peace of mind that their personal details will not be used maliciously. In this day and age, where identity theft is common practice, you can never be too careful with your personal details. Therefore, this call by Tom Simpson (is that even his real name?) for people to identify themselves online is quite ridiculous.

You only have to look at events from yesterday, when a death threat was received by one of the Rangers Supporters Trust board members, to see why. I would imagine that to receive a death threat, no matter how insincere, is quite a traumatic experience; not only for the recipient, but for their friends and family alike. You didn’t think of that though, did you Mr Simpson?

There’s a perfectly valid reason for the use of monikers online and, as highlighted by the article, they can be used to humorous effect. I’ve no doubt in my mind that, if it came to it, the ‘faceless wonders’ behind these nom de plumes would have no hesitation in identifying themselves to the Ibrox hierarchy. Especially if it meant the addressing of the issues (highlighted in the We Deserve Better campaign statement) affecting the club we all love.

paisleyprod
18-01-2009, 14:05
English is a buffoon it would seem.

I'm happy to identify myself to any sensible person that wants to know.

deedle
19-01-2009, 10:28
I thought I'd raise this again in light of the number of times in recent months the club has mentioned 'websites'.

You could be excused for thinking that there's something of a wee campaign being orchestrated!

adamski
19-01-2009, 10:34

:D:D:D:D:D

succinct, but precise

baselbear
19-01-2009, 10:37
It is the RST that is doing the 'We deserve better' campaign not FF.

The names of the board are in the public domain.

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=31

Tom English is being sleekit like his friend Spiers.

jaws73
19-01-2009, 11:00
1. For a bunch that hide behind monikers and can't be taken seriously the club are saying an awful lot about us.

2. Just read an article saying Murray reads the FF messageboards. Presumably he has a moniker to facilitate his spying missions.

thechosenone
19-01-2009, 11:00
I’m sure Tom English's username reeks of intellect

Don't think so.

Was thinking the same. If Murray and the journalists are so 'brave and want to be taken seriously' then surely they should post using their real names?

You really wonder what sets off that light bulb'd idea in their heads. 'I know i'll sneak on to FF with my 'nickname' and then i'll see whats happening. Then i'll write a story about all these scardy cats using nicknames to hide behind when on FF - Genius!!'

adamski
19-01-2009, 11:07
the standard of writing by those on the internets frankly urinates upon Tom 'lack of' English's abilities

Earl of Leven
19-01-2009, 11:10

That wouldn't have been a 'super soaraway breakaway renegade' branch of ex RST lickspittles would it?

Earl of Leven
19-01-2009, 11:12
If Murray wants to meet the 'rebels' then invite us all and I'll happily tell him who I am and what I think. No problems at all.

Bearwood Bear
19-01-2009, 11:39
"Also, one of Edgar's deputies sent me an e-mail late last year which, to be frank, was pretty gross. I wouldn't be a huge fan of the RST, but each to their own."

That was me.

I put my name to it.

I'm not Davie Edgar's deputy.

English (no friend of Rangers) had written a particularly slimy, forelock tugging interview with Sir David Murray, fearlessly offering the quiet, shy multi-millionaire the opportunity to insult a large section of his 'customer base' and to basically tell us to shut up and let him get on with it.

I simply asked Mr English if during the interview he spat or swallowed?

mcblain1
19-01-2009, 11:44
Thank god nobody from Port Glasgow has a clue who I am due to my username I don't think I could handle the grief!! :D

salsoul
19-01-2009, 11:47
If Murray wants to meet the 'rebels' then invite us all and I'll happily tell him who I am and what I think. No problems at all.

many people from this site have already met murray.

the agm also indicates that in reality a lot of people ain't backing up what they say.

deedle
19-01-2009, 11:58

the agm also indicates that in reality a lot of people ain't backing up what they say.

The last AGM was fairly confrontational - much more so than previous ones.

le bluebear
19-01-2009, 12:00

Murray stared mumbling again when pressed on specific matters.

Sadly, it doesn't take much.

The Gunslinger
19-01-2009, 12:09

Mr Super Bad

The Gunslinger

tartan penguin

TheSnowman

JohnDarwinsCanoe

wordy rappinghood

Franky Four Fingers

i will meet murray anytime he wants.:D

or indeed mr english if he wants to give me the right of reply.

oh and mr english my username is a literary reference but you probably will not get that.

The Gunslinger
19-01-2009, 12:35

as mr english does not believe in hiding his identity but clearly has a login perhaps you should just ban the meber tom english.;):D:D:D

The Gunslinger
19-01-2009, 12:38
does anyone know how i could contact this guy.

mcallion
19-01-2009, 13:07
Harsh of him to say Frankyfourfingers will open no doors, i bet its hard to with some missing ffs.

Shame on Thom poking fun at the fingerless amongst us.

The fact that a lot of people ARE talking about this site/the rst wdb campaign means that they (murray & walter) realise that tougher questions are being asked and they dont like it.

20 fans in a supporters club or boozer kept apart from other clubs holds no weight - thats what they want to maintain.

thousands on here and in the rst reading and learning new things (adamskis pre murray thread for eg) is no bad thing for the fans, its Murray et al who is worried.

72 Blue
24-01-2009, 04:16
Mr English had the cheek to reply to letter with this.....

http://forum.*****************/showthread.php?t=510943

I'm away to be sick.

ChristineRST
24-01-2009, 04:53
It is the RST that is doing the 'We deserve better' campaign not FF.

The names of the board are in the public domain.

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=31

Tom English is being sleekit like his friend Spiers.

Exactly, my name is on that site and if they want to check their season ticket database (since 1974) or their shareholder database (since 1990s - can't really remember) they will find all my details. I'd just like to know when someone from the club will address the issues raised in the WDB campaign. Also, respectfully to all posters, please don't call WDB a 17 point plan. It is not a plan, it is issues which we feel the club needs to address. The RST has already submitted a 15 point plan which has been, to all intents and purposes, ignored by them. So, SDM and Mr Bain, if you have all the answers because you know best, let's hear them.

williamstown1690
24-01-2009, 05:25
This guy English,what feckin planet was he born on that his ears are missing.:mad:

NikoBelic
24-01-2009, 05:31
Exactly, my name is on that site and if they want to check their season ticket database (since 1974) or their shareholder database (since 1990s - can't really remember) they will find all my details. I'd just like to know when someone from the club will address the issues raised in the WDB campaign. Also, respectfully to all posters, please don't call WDB a 17 point plan. It is not a plan, it is issues which we feel the club needs to address. The RST has already submitted a 15 point plan which has been, to all intents and purposes, ignored by them. So, SDM and Mr Bain, if you have all the answers because you know best, let's hear them.

Och just go away. You are not a captain of industry so you have no right to an opinion okay.

:confused::angel:

hector2
24-01-2009, 10:21

The biggest irony in this story is that Tom English accepts that posters on web-sites have daft user-names and that many of the points expressed on the board are totally vald!!

Therefore a total NON-STORY clearly written purely at the behest of SDM - there can be no other reason!!!

:mad:

paisleyprod
24-01-2009, 10:59
"Also, one of Edgar's deputies sent me an e-mail late last year which, to be frank, was pretty gross. I wouldn't be a huge fan of the RST, but each to their own."

That was me.

I put my name to it.

I'm not Davie Edgar's deputy.

English (no friend of Rangers) had written a particularly slimy, forelock tugging interview with Sir David Murray, fearlessly offering the quiet, shy multi-millionaire the opportunity to insult a large section of his 'customer base' and to basically tell us to shut up and let him get on with it.

I simply asked Mr English if during the interview he spat or swallowed?

I take it he declined to answer?:D

I'd put money on swallowed.:ninja:

SpongebobSquarePass
24-01-2009, 11:03
Clearly to argue that peoples views should not be taken seriously because they "hide" behind monikers on the internet is an argument to facile for Mr English to believe it himself. Either they have a point or they don't, and Mr English accepts it seems that they do.

However I do not agree that this applies to everything he writes - see this for a much better argued case - it pretty much asks the questions we all are.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/rangersfc/Tom-English-Rangers-in-crisis.4863910.jp

elalamein
24-01-2009, 11:07
Newspapers including the one Tom English writes for have message boards where individuals using monikers are often invited to give their comments on articles from the on-line paper.

There are persons on these sites, who hiding behind their monikers abuse various politicians and other public figures. There are also some who abuse each other using language that would not be tolerated on this forum.

Maybe before Mr English passes comment on hiding behind anonymity on this site, he should speak to his editor about the situation closer to home?

SeaBill
24-01-2009, 12:14
Newspapers including the one Tom English writes for have message boards where individuals using monikers are often invited to give their comments on articles from the on-line paper.

There are persons on these sites, who hiding behind their monikers abuse various politicians and other public figures. There are also some who abuse each other using language that would not be tolerated on this forum.

Maybe before Mr English passes comment on hiding behind anonymity on this site, he should speak to his editor about the situation closer to home?

There's one poster on the Scotsman, who goes under various names, ideefixe etc. who has made criminal allegations in the past against SDM, WS and othe Ibrox figures.
he is still there, today on this thread, post 33
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Calderwood-aims-to--write.4909928.jp
He is basically alleging referee fixing by Rangers.
The rumour is that he is a Scotsman staffer.

The thread has nothing to with celtc it is a Rangers/Aberdeen story.

Witney Devil
24-01-2009, 14:21

There are many journalists who hide beside pseudonyms in their own papers in order to make allegations on hold others up to ridicule.

Just who are the "Staff Reporters" or the infamous men from the News of The World who uncovering vice dens declined various sexual services and left. For decades the Hon Man ran riot in the Sunday Post and was there ever really anyone called Francis Gay?

Recently there was even a case of a politician adopting a User Name to praise his own work. Heaven forbid that Murray would employ such a tactic on messagebaords.

FrankyFourFingers
25-01-2009, 01:06
Sorry about my late response to this thread. I've been struggling to open the door to my house for the last week and have been unable to post a response.

TheSnowman
05-03-2011, 10:17
Sorry guys, first time I've seen this.

Fame at last.

dermaster
05-03-2011, 11:07
Bit of a blast from the past this thread. FWIW if the day comes where we start putting our real names to our posts then so be it.

Rabenutam
05-03-2011, 12:31

Don't think so.

You make a very good point, but what would be the name they use.

Murray ? I leave to better wit than I .

Traynor , ' The Fat Man ', or ' Annie's Sugar Daddy ' .

Bonhill Bill
05-03-2011, 13:11
You make a very good point, but what would be the name they use.

Murray ? I leave to better wit than I .

Traynor , ' The Fat Man ', or ' Gies it up the arse DavieBoy' .

Now thats more like it

adamski
05-03-2011, 13:25

:clap: :clap:

scottylad72
05-03-2011, 13:44
You'll never work out my first name, nothing to do with my moniker........

weebear
05-03-2011, 13:49
Why have i been left out the "LIST" is it "coz i'm black"?

Divemaster
05-03-2011, 14:03
Sorry if this as been covered as I haven't read the full thread but...

Didn't Murray somehow make contact with the Gub a few years ago (03/04 season) and invite him to a dinner where they could have a chat?

Wasn't quite so dismissive then eh Tom?

manfromdelmonte
05-03-2011, 15:00
well i have personally introduced myself and moniker to Martin Bain, Murray and Donald Muir and i also told Muir i helped arranged the anti Muir, Lloyd's banners at the agm two years ago. desperate times for Murray and he is acting like a desperate man.

Major
05-03-2011, 15:03
Can't think why they left me out

godrup99
05-03-2011, 15:08
Maybe Dave could just come out and tell the truth about what he has caused.

He does that I'll give him name, address, phone number, e-mail address, inside leg size, whatever the **** he likes.

Captain_Buns
05-03-2011, 15:15
Murray has something to hide, something about his dealings at Ibrox. I'm sure of it.

Dunn1872
05-03-2011, 15:50

or BeadlesMankyFist :D

hillheadbear
05-03-2011, 15:58

Is it Gladys :confused::ninja:

hillheadbear
05-03-2011, 15:59
well i have personally introduced myself and moniker to Martin Bain, Murray and Donald Muir (the enemy within) and i also told Muir i helped arranged the anti Muir, Lloyd's banners at the agm two years ago. desperate times for Murray and he is acting like a desperate man.

I have never really "hidden" my identity and it is known to more than a few on here.

garyw09
05-03-2011, 16:50
Some of us are stupid enough to use our real names anyway because we cant think of a clever nickname :o

Stevie
05-03-2011, 17:34
How do I change my username? :o

bestservedcold
05-03-2011, 17:48

Hi Declan:ninja:
:p

Rt. Hon. Bearman
05-03-2011, 18:00
Does Mr. English believe it's wise to reveal your real name on an internet forum?

Interesting also how he attacks us for using monikers, and doesn't actually discuss the sort of valid points we often raise about Murray and the club in general.

Lie, deflect, deny, Mr. English?

dermaster
05-03-2011, 18:05
Some of us are stupid enough to use our real names anyway because we cant think of a clever nickname :oIt's not your fault mate. The school you went to wasn't up to much. I know that :ninja:

bigkahunarab
05-03-2011, 18:06
2009 story? Traynors been doing this old tosh for years..... When Dogleash made them all go to Bairds so that the mhanks could hear what was being said they yelped like dogs on that as well...... they feed at the trough and most of them get their stories off forums, so no time for them.

GregMc
05-03-2011, 18:27
Some of us are stupid enough to use our real names anyway because we cant think of a clever nickname :o

I know how u feel mate.