PDA

View Full Version : Hokey Cokey All comments in here please. New threads will be binned

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

brothertkoba
21-12-2008, 01:57
Rangers fans mentioned in both these articles from today's Sunday Times. Seems the Hokey Cokey is a parody on the Catholic mass and therefore singing it becomes a 'faith hate crime.'

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/scotland/article5375699.ece

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article5375697.ece

Number_Eight
21-12-2008, 02:01
Is it April the 1st or has Scotland become a fascist state under the SNP?

GazBear
21-12-2008, 02:03
has it came to the point where noone can say anything against any kind of religion for fear of being arrested.

I thought we lived in a society built on free speech where you can critisise any individual or group if you feel the need.

Evidently not for fear of some mope popping up.

crazy.

Royal Burgh Fanatic
Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

davieboy1873
That a f*cking joke. The hokey cokey is a song for kids ffs and there is nothing whatsover that can be deemed offensive

kennyg_kirkieloyal
21-12-2008, 02:08

An SNP Government thats stating how much they dont want a GB team for the olympics pathetic. It's only offensive and discrimation when they see fit no wonder our country is in this state

dubwiser
It's carrots next :D.............
The noble carrot has long been known as an orange vegetable thanks to patriotic Dutch growers who bred the vegetable to make it less bitter than the yellow varieties, and then it was adopted it as the Royal vegetable in honour of the House of Orange. Carrots were originally purple or red, with a thin root. The species did not turn orange until the 1500's when Dutch agricultural scientists and growers used a mutant yellow carrot seed from North Africa to develop a carrot in the colour of the House of Orange, the Dutch Royal Family.

http://www.carrotmuseum.co.uk/history.html

brothertkoba
The Church spokesmen and politicians who make these public pronouncements are surely exposed as seriously demented people.

hillheadbear
21-12-2008, 02:10
Sheer lunacy. What kind of country is the UK becoming? Thank god I am well out of it.

RC_Hamilton
21-12-2008, 02:11
This stuff is excellent news for us. How fookin stupid does that sound?

We must sing the Hokey Cokey. MUST!

AppleBear1976
21-12-2008, 02:13

Nail on the head..... i have said for years that the UK is heading that way, and The Republic of Scotland lead by the SNP are leading the charge...:mad:

garyt
21-12-2008, 02:15
This is fantastic news. If anyone was in any doubt that the song-banning brigade are a shower of complete f*cking idiots, they shouldn't be in doubt anymore.

This HAS to be a wind-up, surely?

sherbrook_loyal
21-12-2008, 02:18
That's the most pathetic thing I've ever read - is everyone in this stupid, ****ing wee country insane?

Number_Eight
An SNP Government thats stating how much they dont want a GB team for the olympics pathetic. It's only offensive and discrimation when they see fit no wonder our country is in this state
If the links provided are genuine, it should be clear to all but the mindless dyed-in-the-wool terminal bigots that our country is on an express train ride to oppression central, and that we`re an international laughing stock, not just because of our intellectually bankrupt parliament, but because we are tolerant as a people of this sinister and evil creeping fascism.

RC_Hamilton
This is fantastic news. If anyone was in any doubt that the song-banning brigade are a shower of complete f*cking idiots, they shouldn't be in doubt anymore.

I agree it's great news. Imagine fans getting arrested for singing the hokey cokey? :D The sectarian industry is a house of cards that is waiting for something like this to blow then down.

And they will go further...so far it will look ridiculous to even those who hate us.

Red_White_and_Ajax
21-12-2008, 02:20
That's the most pathetic thing I've ever read - is everyone in this stupid, ****ing wee country insane?

everyone in this pissant little backwater are so scared to offend anyone by doing anything

Scotland will gain independence , I believe its a racing certainty ( given time )

when it does so it will have stored up enough rage and underlying hatred to tear itself a new arse

Cooperfan
21-12-2008, 02:21
You've obviously made that up.

Unreal.

AppleBear1976
21-12-2008, 02:21
i give it a couple of years and we will all have to carry passes, and there will be random roadblocks, the wearing of red white and blue will be a criminal offence, the Royal family will be barred from Scotland and Ibrox will be closed on 'health and safety grounds...

The Fascist Republic of Scotland, here we come... :(

Number_Eight
21-12-2008, 02:22

I`d like to think you`re right, but there`s a large dumbed-down element in society, mostly employed as sports journalists, who might not agree.

Let`s sit back and see if any of them can develop a spine.

mamabear56
21-12-2008, 02:22
is it only going to be ruled offensive when its us who sing it......

I wrote to o'brien about the why don't you go home song would write another about this but don't think he'll reply given the response I received about seperate schooling when I asked for his views on that.

Rod the Prod
21-12-2008, 02:23
Rangers fans mentioned in both these articles from today's Sunday Times. Seems the Hokey Cokey is a parody on the Catholic mass and therefore singing it becomes a 'faith hate crime.'

Oh dear! We sang the hokey cokey at my son's nursery Christmas party on Wednesday. Should me, my full term pregnant wife and my 4 year old turn ourselves in tonight or will it be ok to wait till the morning? There were Catholic parents there too. Oh God, and it was the 'Knees bent, Arms stretched rah rah rah' version as well Oh dear oh dear, the shame and the hatred of it! :roll:

Number_Eight
21-12-2008, 02:24
is it only going to be ruled offensive when its us who sing it......

I wrote to o'brien about the why don't you go home song would write another about this but don't think he'll reply given the response I received about seperate schooling when I asked for his views on that.
Of course.

The time will come when Rangers supporters breathing becomes objectionable in certain quarters.

Number_Eight
21-12-2008, 02:25
Oh dear! We sang the hokey cokey at my son's nursery Christmas party on Wednesday. Should me, my full term pregnant wife and my 4 year old turn ourselves in tonight or will it be ok to wait till the morning? There were Catholic parents there too. Oh God, and it was the 'Knees bent, Arms stretched rah rah rah' version as well Oh dear oh dear, the shame and the hatred of it! :roll:
Get this man reported to the grassline!

sherbrook_loyal
21-12-2008, 02:26
everyone in this pissant little backwater are so scared to offend anyone by doing anything

Scotland will gain independence , I believe its a racing certainty ( given time )

when it does so it will have stored up enough rage and underlying hatred to tear itself a new arse

I honestly think we are, or are fast becoming, the most parochial, backward, ridiculous and pointless country in the world.

lothianbluebear
You are having a laugh right ?

Albertz Was King

Clearly Sectarian Bile I am afraid. :(

RC_Hamilton
Of course.

The time will come when Rangers supporters breathing becomes objectionable in certain quarters.

Yeah, but this is one we CAN take them to the cleaners on.

You cannot arrest/charge/jail someone for singing a song that is happily taught in school to five year olds.

At least the others had the excuse that it was wrong per se. Here it would be obvious victimisation.

Red_White_and_Ajax
21-12-2008, 02:27

many a true word spoken in jets

however , there are those within us who , if told that the tune is not allowed , will do just that if they heard it sung

and thats a damning indictment of todays support , IMHO

carino
21-12-2008, 02:27
Saturday 27 Decenber 2008 - 1230.

Altogether now....

Ohh Ohh the hokey cokey.

:D:D:D:D

RC_Hamilton
21-12-2008, 02:29
I honestly think we are, or are fast becoming, the most parochial, backward, ridiculous and pointless country in the world.

I agree. I was watching a debate on religion by the journalist/author/Historian Christopher Hitchens and he said something that stunned me. He said in his analysis of Croatian fascism that:

"Another name for Fascism is the Catholic Right."

It shocked me because he was saying something in America and England that would get me arrested and probably jailed in Scotland.

Rod the Prod
21-12-2008, 02:30

If I go down i'm taking the nursery teachers who started the song off with me(particularly the fit one ;))

sherbrook_loyal
however , there are those within us who , if told that the tune is not allowed , will do just that if they heard it sung

That's the saddest aspect of this farcical situation - it's not the idiots that come up with this nonsense that's the problem, it's those that deep down know things like this are insane but are so afraid to say otherwise for fear of being branded a bigot by the powerful minority.

If only we'd had the backbone to keep the Billy Boys. That's when all this shite started.

murray151
does that sh!t make anyone else angry?

it gets beyond a joke a times. :mad:

jaytrotter
21-12-2008, 02:31
Peter Kearney, a spokesman for Cardinal Keith O’Brien, leader of the Catholic church in Scotland, said: “This song, although apparently innocuous, was devised as an attack on and a parody of the Catholic mass.”

So what about the 'Artur Boruc Song', Peter?

This is a song sung by Celtic fans that is a parody of an act that is very important in the RC church.

sherbrook_loyal
21-12-2008, 02:32
Saturday 27 Decenber 2008 - 1230.

Altogether now....

Ohh Ohh the hokey cokey.

Followed by the Famine chant.

BalfyBear
21-12-2008, 02:32

Indeed, nobody will have any kind of vent anymore, which is something we all need.something the football used to be great for infact.

When people get pissed off going about like some kind of programmed robot the shit will truely hit the fan.

Number_Eight
21-12-2008, 02:33
many a true word spoken in jets

Sadly, this is much truth in this, and perhaps through their compliance so far, we have arrived at this crazy place.

As the saying goes, if we keep running, they`ll keep chasing.

The line in the sand has been crossed repeatedly.

Maybe Rangers should speak out now and inject some much-needed common-sense into this sordid debate.

They`ll never have a better opportunity than this.

parisbear
someone has hacked into The Times website.....surely

Not one, but two separate articles....why??

AppleBear1976
That's the saddest aspect of this farcical situation - it's not the idiots that come up with this nonsense that's the problem, it's those that deep down know things like this are insane but are so afraid to say otherwise for fear of being branded a bigot by the powerful minority.

If only we'd had the backbone to keep the Billy Boys. That's when all this shite started.

i wonder what would happen if it was sung again at ibrox...........

brothertkoba
21-12-2008, 02:34
Let's hope Reporting Scotland run it as their lead story on Monday night. Can you imagine it? ..."Strathclyde police have been told to arrest anyone singing the Hokey Cokey at this weekend's Rangers - Celtic game at Ibrox. Singing the Hokey Cokey is now a religiously aggravated breach of the peace offence. The new stance on the song comes after complaints by SNP MSP Michael Matheson and Peter Kearney, a spokesman for the Catholic church in Scotland."

garyt
21-12-2008, 02:35
From Wikipedia:

``Supporters of the Scotland national football team sing revised lyrics celebrating Diego Maradona's Hand of God goal at the 1986 FIFA World Cup, replacing "Oh, the Hokey Cokey" with "Oh, Diego Maradona" and "Knees bend..." with "He put the English out, out, out". Fans of Aberdeen F.C. use changed lyrics to praise club hero Darren Mackie replacing 'hokey cokey' with "Darren Darren Mackie" and 'that's what its all about' with "He put Dnipro out out out" to celebrate a football victory.''

So we have real, concrete, backed-up-by-legitimate-hard-working-and-worth-their-chunk-of-taxpayer-money-politicians evidence that the Tartan Army are bigots, the sh**p are bigots, Darren Mackie is a bigot, and Dnipro are a Catholic deity? Someone call Jack McConnell!

sherbrook_loyal
21-12-2008, 02:36
[/B]

i wonder what would happen if it was sung again at ibrox...........

The world would probably end - all the dead Popes would return and cast us into a big fire or something.

If nonsense like this Hokey Cokey persists then people will eventually react.
Hullo, Hullo! >:)

parisbear
21-12-2008, 02:36
Peter Kearney, a spokesman for Cardinal Keith O’Brien, leader of the Catholic church in Scotland, said: “This song, although apparently innocuous, was devised as an attack on and a parody of the Catholic mass.”

So what about the 'Artur Boruc Song', Peter?

This is a song sung by Celtic fans that is a parody of an act that is very important in the RC church.

not on the 'agenda', sorry

Albertz Was King
21-12-2008, 02:37
Bill Bailey in Sectarian Bile shocker! :eek:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RoDWfxV4VAc&feature=related

BalfyBear

I used to sing it as a child at St Mimver holiday camp in Corwall as a child, i'm scared that there's no limitation in prosecuting such a crime of hate.

I just hope you're unborn child won't be jailed as an accessory:ninja:

Number_Eight
someone has hacked into The Times website.....surely

Not one, but two separate articles....why??
That was my feeling too, but then we know how this country works these days - with the eastern bloc as its role model ...

RiversideRob
Never knew this about the Hockey Cockey.

I would have sang it with more enthusiasm when a kid than I did!!

I have not sang it for years... but you can be certain I will be passing it on to my kids and grandkids when they come along.

http://jasonclark.ws/2004/11/16/why_do_we_sing_/

carino
Sadly, this is much truth in this, and perhaps through their compliance so far, we have arrived at this crazy place.

Maybe Rangers should speak out now and inject some much-needed common-sense into this sordid debate.

They`ll never have a better opportunity than this.Perhaps the Church of Scotland or our motor mouth First Minister should speak out now.

Or even MSP Andy Kerr and Labour leader Iain Gray, both of whom were in the directors box yesterday should make themselves heard.

RC_Hamilton
21-12-2008, 02:38

They`ll never have a better opportunity than this.

The Rangers fans aren't running. There isn't much we can do when we are ignored and threatened while the a-holes who run the club not only do nothing but actually help those who hate us.

Until the club stops running we will get slaughtered week after week.

BalfyBear
Of course.

It's like that already to some

AppleBear1976
The world would probably end - all the dead Popes would return and cast us into a big fire or something.

If nonsense like this Hokey Cokey persists then people will eventually react.
Hullo, Hullo! >:)

... or nothing would happen, apart from the Mhedia getting upset and SDM and WS calling for it to end... thats what gets me, our own 'leaders' seem to hate the clubs traditions just as much as the mhedia!!!

ArseHoles:mad:

Royal Burgh Fanatic
21-12-2008, 02:40
Has anyone verified this yet?

Cooperfan
21-12-2008, 02:40
Will Rangers ban it?

It will after all be offensive to at least one Tim. The Tims have became a race now as well, so perhaps you will get arrested under the anti-racism act too.

RiversideRob
21-12-2008, 02:41
Who says the Puritans did not have a sense of humor!!??

That is a brilliant piece of parody!! :D:D

RC_Hamilton
21-12-2008, 02:42
Has anyone verified this yet?

I think it's geniuine. It's just that one is in the Scotland section and one in the faith section.

As angry as I am at the utter idiocy, I really hope this gets widely publicised.

Number_Eight
21-12-2008, 02:42
SNP MSP Michael Matheson said: “It is important that the police and football clubs are aware of the sinister background to this song, and take the appropriate action against individuals and groups who use it at matches or in other situations to taunt Catholics.”

Look at that statement.

This is from an SNP MSP - and his party are in power in Scotland!

AppleBear1976
21-12-2008, 02:43
this would make an excellent Monty Python sketch............ :D

garyt
21-12-2008, 02:45
It has to be bigoted, the NI fans are in on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p934C2zOE8Q

All very sinister.

RC_Hamilton
21-12-2008, 02:46
SNP MSP Michael Matheson said: “It is important that the police and football clubs are aware of the sinister background to this song, and take the appropriate action against individuals and groups who use it at matches or in other situations to taunt Catholics.”

Look at that statement.

A good point.

What makes singing the same lyrics at a football match sectarianism but in a primary school fun?

Who decides and what is the criteria? I'm going to email that w@nk to see what he says. I think we all should.

Number_Eight
Perhaps the Church of Scotland or our motor mouth First Minister should speak out now.

Or even MSP Andy Kerr and Labour leader Iain Gray, both of whom wer ein the directors box yesterday should make themselves heard.
When will there rever be a better opportunity to highlight the nature of those elements in our society who want bans, evictions and arrests - particularly amongst Rangers supporters.

pennyblack
this country is following the idocracy path just nicely.

Jimenez
21-12-2008, 02:47
Honest to God, I'm sick of this shite!

Number_Eight
this would make an excellent Monty Python sketch............ :D
It would indeed.

Private Eye should hear about this.

jaytrotter
http://i39.tinypic.com/2hfp7uu.jpg

So what should happen to an RC who, unknowingly, joins in at a Xmas party...

excommunication?

AppleBear1976
21-12-2008, 02:48
A good point.

What makes singing the same lyrics at a football match sectarianism but in a primary school fun?

Who decides and what is the criteria? I'm going to email that w@nk to see what he says. I think we all should.

the Ministry for public Awareness of the Catholic faith, other wise known as the Scottish Inquisition....

Cooperfan
21-12-2008, 02:48

Look at that statement.

Apparently he is an MSP so maybe the story isn't a wind up. Impossible to believe though.

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/msp/membersPages/michael_matheson/index.htm

Royal Burgh Fanatic
21-12-2008, 02:49
Does that mean if you're an atheist you're okay to sing it?

AppleBear1976
21-12-2008, 02:51

no you would still be 'taunting' catholics, funny that because i bet 99% of the population would never have known this without them bringing it up, it will just give our offended something else to complain about....

garyt
21-12-2008, 02:51
Is there a naughty version of this I don't know of? You know something like `oh f*ck the Popey Popey' or something equally imaginative.

Rod the Prod
21-12-2008, 02:52

Actually the Atheists get the shit end of the discrimination stick, apparently.

Jimenez
21-12-2008, 02:53
I'm sorry but this is an absolue must now for the 27th

AppleBear1976
21-12-2008, 02:53
why is that any song we sing is 'taunting' Catholics? but anything that mob sing just football songs and not 'taunting' Protestants????

surely they would'nt come up with one rule for one and another for the rest? oh wait....

Red_White_and_Ajax
21-12-2008, 02:55
I'm sorry but this is an absolue must now for the 27th

right at the start of the second half , as the polish faggot does his routine

inthejuju
21-12-2008, 02:56
http://i41.tinypic.com/b5o8l2.jpg

lordlucanrfc
Fixed that for you :ninja::ninja:>:)

Did you learn that at one of those sectarian nursery schools I've been hearing about?

RC_Hamilton
How fu cking ridiculous is this!!! :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NPmYbmOznLM

bluenosebink
21-12-2008, 02:58
OMG! That would be laughable if they weren't serious.
No singing of 'certain' songs, followed by...
No singing of any songs, followed by...
No laughing, no talking, no shouting, no cheering, no eating, sleeping or breathing!
FFS, this is beyond a joke...get a grip.
MOPE's indeed!

AppleBear1976
21-12-2008, 02:58
feck me we cant even sing 'Agadoo'!! lol not that we would want too... must be something to do with 'pushing pineapples' or something.... lol ha ha ha ha

Red_White_and_Ajax
21-12-2008, 02:59
feck me we cant even sing 'Agadoo'!! lol not that we would want too... must be something to do with 'pushing pineapples' or something.... lol ha ha ha ha

its burning pineapples that we can`t sing about

bluenosebink
21-12-2008, 03:02
Here's one for next week:

You flap your left arm about
Your flap your right arm about
In out, in out
Your flap them all about
Your do the wholly toalie
And you drop the ball
That's what it's all about

Ohhhh ohhh the wholly toalie, ohhhh ohhh the wholly toalie (etc.)

Rod the Prod
21-12-2008, 03:02
How fu cking ridiculous is this!!! :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NPmYbmOznLM

That's it, I'm deleting my mp3 copy of 'Tour de France'

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MBeMevB4Ma0&NR=1

Nazi connotations now >:)

Jimenez
21-12-2008, 03:03
Can you all please stop altering the words!

Sing the original.

They'll get the message.

sherbrook_loyal
21-12-2008, 03:04

Sing the original.

They'll get the message.

What he said.

RC_Hamilton
21-12-2008, 03:05
That's it, I'm deleting my mp3 copy of 'Tour de France'

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MBeMevB4Ma0&NR=1

Nazi connotations now >:)

I can't stop singing the fooking thing now. I'm hope no-one phones the polis! :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qK0M0v-j4-c

Jimenez
21-12-2008, 03:06
If anyone is needing dance lessons I've got a class on Monday night.

RC_Hamilton
21-12-2008, 03:06

Sing the original.

They'll get the message.

Thirded. If we sing this song now and they complain they look like absolute tools.

If however we change the lyrics we are morons because we fall for their trap. Geddit?

Cooperfan
21-12-2008, 03:07

Sing the original.

They'll get the message.

....and everyone knows the words. :D

AppleBear1976
21-12-2008, 03:07
theres no need to change the words, as apparently its the orignal words that are the problem, they are 'sinister' in there meaning.... fecking idiots, the lot of them

Number_Eight
21-12-2008, 03:08
Thirded. If we sing this song now and they complain they look like absolute tools.

If however we change the lyrics we are morons because we fall for their trap. Geddit?
That point must be made strongly - and repeatedly.

craigy
21-12-2008, 03:09
The sooner I leave this country the better, each day it gets worse

Stewie_Griffin
21-12-2008, 03:10
so what does this mean for the catholic celtc fans who sing the arther boruc hokey cokey, should they be arrested for offending themselves?

Things like this are the reason that plenty of folk are looking to get the feck to places like oz and US.

LivingstonLoyal
21-12-2008, 03:11
feck them,and any "Rangers fan" who voted for the romanist SNP!!!!!!

Jimenez
The sooner I leave this country the better, each day it gets worse

Stay for this last dance my friend :D

In out in out you shake it all about

carino
Cardinal Keith O'Brien was horrified to hear this.

Speaking on behalf of the Cardinal Catholic Church spokesman Peter Kearney confirmed:

'Knees bend ' is a ridicule of the genuflection of the priest, 'arm stretch' is mocking the priest when he holds his hands up at the point of consecration and 'rah, rah, rah' is mimicry of Latin prayers non-Catholics do not understand'.

So that is you, the wife and the wean telt.

:D:D:D

sherbrook_loyal
I honestly don't know how I got by before Timmy started educating us.
I used to think the Bouncy was a harmless dance, little did I know we were celebrating jmping up and down on a Catholic's head.
Same with the Hokey Cokey, I used to think it was a harmless kid's dance, little did I know it was grossly offensive to Catholics.

lordlucanrfc
21-12-2008, 03:12
Fook me!!!

Not for a minute did I suggest singing the words I posted. It was meant as a joke, nothing more nothing less.

I seriously doubt my post will cause thousands of Bears at Ibrox to suddenly begin suggesting carnal relations with el papa again :blink:

RC_Hamilton
21-12-2008, 03:12
That point must be made strongly - and repeatedly.

I fear that some fans like to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Two pages and already some fans have changed it (even as a joke) to ftp. Unreal.

Jimenez
21-12-2008, 03:14
This is a comical gift from a protestant God, has to be.

I'm questioning my atheism stance here

AppleBear1976
21-12-2008, 03:14
will the last person out of a Scotland please turn the light out, after doing one last dance to the hokey cokey/agadoo of course.... ;)

garyt
21-12-2008, 03:17

Two pages and already some fans have changed it (even as a joke) to ftp. Unreal.

It's not half as offensive as the version that mentions the famine. Or the version that criticises James McCarthy's decision to play for Ireland. Or even the version that mocks Artur Boruc's warmup routine of crossing himself ten times.

Pure bile.

lordlucanrfc
21-12-2008, 03:17

Geeza a break FFS!!

You seriously think by reading a post on here, people are going to head to Ibrox and sing those words.

trigganomics
21-12-2008, 03:18
surly this is bull,this is gettin embarrassing if true these people need 2 get a life
o hokey cokey cokey.

AppleBear1976
21-12-2008, 03:21
Geeza a break FFS!!

You seriously think by reading a post on here, people are going to head to Ibrox and sing those words.

i think the problem is that to change the words would have been acceptable 10 years ago but in this new PC SNP Scotland where the Catholic faith is now determining how and in which way we live our lives, that it would be damaging for the club if ANYONE sung a song with those words.... personally i dont give a flying feck about all this Pc crap, but i dont want Rangers damaged, it would be different if we had a heirachy at the club who defended the club and the fans against the Fenian mhedia, but that aint going to happen anytime soon...:(

Jimenez
21-12-2008, 03:22
Geeza a break FFS!!

Aye, it's not unheard of for some lyrics to be posted on here and spread throughout Ibrox.

Stick to the original.

Jimenez
21-12-2008, 03:23
Why would you want to change the lyrics after those articles ?

RC_Hamilton
21-12-2008, 03:24
Geeza a break FFS!!

I doubt that everyone is going to sing your lyrics just because they are on here, but your knee-jerk reaction to put in ftp to a childs song - even if just a laugh - is symptomatic of what some fans will try to do if anyone sings the Hokey Cokey at Ibrox.

It shouldn't even be brought up. The tims are making a c unt of themselves so let them do it without giving them something to cling onto. Lets be realistic. Journalists and tims (usually the same people) would then have what they wanted in the first place. Like the Go home song it's a self-fulfilling prophecy for them.

http://www.learningcurve.gov.uk/homefront/spies/graphics/p_s2.jpg

AppleBear1976
21-12-2008, 03:26
the BBC have a login on here, so i would not be surprised if comments on here where on tomorrow nights news....

lordlucanrfc
21-12-2008, 03:28
Those lyrics were floating around my schools playground twenty years ago :roll:

They are hardly earth shatteringly hard to come up with.

Very few people (if any) still sing the add on at the end of The Sash, but you think that by reading this on FF people will go along to Ibrox, in a match against the filth and sing a song consisting entirely of the three word add on that has been all but stamped out. :confused:

Jimenez
21-12-2008, 03:32

Very few people (if any) still sing the add on at the end of The Sash, but you think that by reading this on FF people will go along to Ibrox, in a match against the filth and sing a song consisting entirely of the three word add on that has been all but stamped out. :confused:

Listen, just sing the ****ing original.

Those lyrics didn't help it become a worldwide anti-catholicism ditty for nothing.

Stop your moaning. :D

RC_Hamilton
21-12-2008, 03:32

I think you are missing the point mate. People read this site and they are sometimes people who can hurt us.

As jiminez says, why even think of that after those articles? Why give the bastards anything to hold onto?

AppleBear1976
21-12-2008, 03:38
i wonder what the next stupid song to be classed as Anti-Catholic will be? the wheels on the bus?? ring a ring a rosies (oh...) :) how about bah bah Black sheep... or is that anti-Aberdeen?? ;)

ShawlandsBIB
21-12-2008, 03:40
Aye ok who is at it????

Surely!!!!!?????

Jimenez
21-12-2008, 03:42
I'm going to have to have a wank at the hilarity of this ?

Forgive me Father!

lordlucanrfc
21-12-2008, 03:42
Listen, just sing the ****ing original.

Those lyrics didn't help it become a worldwide anti-catholicism ditty for nothing.

Stop your moaning. :D
Honestly mate I'd rather sing Rangers songs than kids songs. Our songs wind them up even more than any "anti-catholic" nursery rhyme :) And if you look back it wasn't me that started the moaning ;)

I think you are missing the point mate. People read this site and they are sometimes people who can hurt us.

As jiminez says, why even think of that after those articles? Why give the bastards anything to hold onto?

I don't disagree with you about people looking in trying to pick things up that could hurt us. However what I posted is a leap that can be made by your average primary 6 pupil. Nothing posted on this forum will hurt Rangers as it has nothing officially to do with the club. The only way this could hurt us is if it was sung inside Ibrox, which as I've already said seems a bit of a far fetched assumption considering the current climate.

garyt
21-12-2008, 03:44
i wonder what the next stupid song to be classed as Anti-Catholic will be? the wheels on the bus?? ring a ring a rosies (oh...) :) how about bah bah Black sheep... or is that anti-Aberdeen?? ;)

It's racist! I'm sure I read that a while ago so it must be true.

Jimenez
21-12-2008, 03:45
I don't expect a 90 minute wine gum rave mate. I'll be belting out the Sash, Derry's Wall's etc as much as the next bloke but this is an opportunity that can not be passed up.

RC_Hamilton
21-12-2008, 03:47
I'm going to have to have a wank at the hilarity of this ?

Forgive me Father!

I can sense your exasperation at this even being an issue, yet a hope that it takes hold because the stinkies are going to look awful f uckung silly. :D

RC_Hamilton
21-12-2008, 03:49
Honestly mate I'd rather sing Rangers songs than kids songs. Our songs wind them up even more than any "anti-catholic" nursery rhyme :) And if you look back it wasn't me that started the moaning ;)

I don't disagree with you about people looking in trying to pick things up that could hurt us. However what I posted is a leap that can be made by your average primary 6 pupil. Nothing posted on this forum will hurt Rangers as it has nothing officially to do with the club. The only way this could hurt us is if it was sung inside Ibrox, which as I've already said seems a bit of a far fetched assumption considering the current climate.

I know what you are saying mate. It's not you that bothers me, it's the neds messing this up.

Anyhoo, this is comedy gold innit? :D

Oh Hokey Cokey Cokey.....

AppleBear1976
21-12-2008, 03:49
what a lot of people dont realise is that MANY songs that we take for granted came about hundreds of years ago and where created by ordinary people to warm about the fears of various things such as papism or rebels etc etc but most of the religious or political connotations in them have fallen from the public memory, it now looks like the Catholic Church is trying to raise it into public knowledge again, to further its own aims...

lordlucanrfc
21-12-2008, 03:52
I don't expect a 90 minute wine gum rave mate. I'll be belting out the Sash, Derry's Wall's etc as much as the next bloke but this is an opportunity that can not be passed up.

No doubt at all about that mate, and it wont be passed up either. And it will be with the original hokey cokey lyrics as well.

Maybe posting the "joke lyrics" was a mistake, but no way will anyone sing them at the game, of that I have no doubts. :cool:

lordlucanrfc
21-12-2008, 03:54
I know what you are saying mate. It's not you that bothers me, it's the neds messing this up.

Anyhoo, this is comedy gold innit? :D

Oh Hokey Cokey Cokey.....

Absolutely.....

Only in Scotland.

And even better, chances are it might just push the holy toalie over the edge at the same time :D

SeaBill
21-12-2008, 03:55
It looks like their paranoia is institutional.

That anyone can come out in public and make these statements defies reason, talk about a hostage to fortune

It does look as if we've an addition to the repertoire.
The Hokey Cokey :D:D:D:D:D
hahahahahahahahaha

TrueBlue2
21-12-2008, 03:58
Is this true? I don't like to click on the link, don't like giving certain bassas the hit!!

If its true, I would like to think that right minded people would see through this. Why aren't these people more interested in the mire that some or most of their flock live in. I am really seriously getting hacked off with this.

SeaBill
21-12-2008, 04:04
I used to sing it as a child at St Mimver holiday camp in Corwall as a child, i'm scared that there's no limitation in prosecuting such a crime of hate.

I just hope you're unborn child won't be jailed as an accessory:ninja:

They'll be running freight wagons from Butlins Camp to Buchenwald Camp.

Royal Burgh Fanatic
21-12-2008, 04:06
Banner time?

'Doing The Hokey-Cokey Is Not A Crime'.

200,000 nursery kids can't be wrong.

ShawlandsBIB
21-12-2008, 04:08
Banner time?

I would leave the nursery kids part out the banner if you know what I mean......................

Jimenez
21-12-2008, 04:09
Banner time?

Mentioning kids in a banner directed at the taigs :eek:

I'm loving this hokey shite. It has to take off :D

Jakarta Ger
21-12-2008, 04:24
I started a post on something similar that is being mentioned on several posts here and it was rubbed off the board.
Freedom of speech is not even allowed here. And yes it was football oriented.

GypsumFantastic
21-12-2008, 04:24
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
http://www.comicgenius.com/DiscoFever/downloads/han_solo.jpg

RC_Hamilton
21-12-2008, 04:30
I wouldn't mention religion, sellik or anything else. Simply:

Singing the 'Hokey Cokey' is not a Crime!

:D:D:D

Jimenez
21-12-2008, 04:35
gift silver platter.

turnstileonthedoor
21-12-2008, 04:43
This is what happens when loonies in Scotland get a parliament.

turnstileonthedoor
21-12-2008, 04:46
The pipers outside the Buchanan Galleries were playing it last Sunday. Think it was a dig at the holy goalie and not papes in general.

DjurgardenBear
21-12-2008, 04:50
Senior Catholics in Scotland have warned that Protestants who sing the Hokey Cokey could fall foul of laws outlawing incitement of religious hatred.

Is that the ones who have shagged the most boys? That's allowed but don't sing a party song.

Keep making them looks like clowns bears! :D

barneybear
21-12-2008, 04:55

A man of my age should no better, and I have done for the past twenty or thirty years. I don't parade around in footie strips cos it's obvious I am beyond playing. I don't jump around like I did when I was a youngster when we score. I don't feel the need to sing and do the actions of the Hockey Cockey, until about 5 minutes ago, so, If you see a 62 year old man doing the Hockey cockey with all the strength he can muster, please forgive me. It is my tiny revolt against the lunacy of the world that has lost the plot altogether!
:):(:confused:

Mistabig2006
21-12-2008, 05:04
I read that story and thought it was a wind up, at the end of the day we know they will do anything to get us into sh*t so the reality hit that this was indeed real. I felt that this could well be our little gem to get back at them, surely they couldn't arrest anyone for singing this could they? Of course not.

Then I started to read down the thread and the halfwits have already started. There is no reason to change the words unless you enjoy having our name dragged through the sh*t every week. I honestly think some of these braindead morons hate our club and will do anything they can in the name of Rangers to destroy...... well Rangers.

Do yourself a favour and keep it to yourself if all you can come up with is another way to have the name or Rangers and the fans painted as bigots by those who love to do so.

We have plenty of enemies and need not create problems for ourselves.

22ndbb
21-12-2008, 05:04
Only looked at the first link. :mad::mad:

Mouth open, head shaking, please tell me this is a joke. If it's not, might as well put the lights out in Scotland right now.

bigchees30586
21-12-2008, 06:16
Senior Catholics in Scotland have warned that Protestants who sing the Hokey Cokey could fall foul of laws outlawing incitement of religious hatred.

So they're singling out Protestants as the group who will be offensive by singing this. Does that mean if we have fans at ibrox who follow islam for example won't be deemed to be singing with sectarian undertones whereas the rest of us will.

Is this singling out of Protestants not a form of sectarianism in itself? Seems to me they want to have their cake and eat it.

The saying about throwing stones in glass houses comes to mind.

garyt
21-12-2008, 06:20

So they're singling out Protestants as the group who will be offensive by singing this. Does that mean if we have fans at ibrox who follow islam for example won't be deemed to be singing with sectarian undertones whereas the rest of us will.

Is this singling out of Protestants not a form of sectarianism in itself? Seems to me they want to have their cake and eat it.

Well observed. This would be absurd enough in any run-of-the-mill situation, but when it's with regard to the hokey cokey... you've got to wonder if the ghost of Jeremy Beadle is pulling one down at the Times.

williamstown1690
21-12-2008, 06:22
Thats it the new Larky anthem at all functions and a dance I never joined
I will from now on with the wife,I never really got her but now I think i'll go home from the night shift and give her a great big kiss,Oh Hokey cokey cokey.

jim121
21-12-2008, 06:53
well thats us ****ed as well then.
Killie play it over the tannoy system when Celtic do their huddle at Rugby Park .

robobear
21-12-2008, 07:05
Is “antiCatholic” a new word that I've managed to miss?

And how the f@ck did they get away with putting a capital in the middle of it?

ontheline
21-12-2008, 07:16
Hands up who thought they would stop at the Billy Boys?

ontheline
21-12-2008, 07:19

1 hour later that has been changed

billyboyd
21-12-2008, 07:46
surely to f**k this is a wind-up?????has anyone seen the actual printed edition???if this is real then scotland is mair f**ked than i thought.:blink::blink:

pollokranger
21-12-2008, 07:49
This is getting beyond a joke

ns
watp

garyt
21-12-2008, 07:55
well thats us ****ed as well then.
Killie play it over the tannoy system when Celtic do their huddle at Rugby Park .

Haha good stuff from the Killie staff, they really are a bunch of fannies with their huddle business.

alanbearno7
21-12-2008, 07:59
It has gone too far surely,.....we are slowly sleepwalking into a world we will regret,....politicians get a grip on this pc pish or kiss goodbye to a free scotland

Johnnylogie
21-12-2008, 08:03
Kilmarnock FC regularly play the Hokey Cokey over the PA system just prior to kick-off.
Could spell the end for them!!

bustergonad
21-12-2008, 08:18
this is a pisstake surely?

whoooooooooosh to all the op's?

will "Wee Wullie Winkie be banned as it's about King Billy

Cross Keys Rab
21-12-2008, 08:27

Just been on the Sunday Times website and did a search for hokey cokey.

Its the first two articles that come up.

The lunatics have fully taken over the asylum.

Still, its nice that all these ****wits have to concern themselves with is what the big bad prods might be singing next. Theres not much else happening more important than that is there.

opersson
21-12-2008, 08:33
A new low. I mean....speechless.

blueboy49
21-12-2008, 08:36
i wonder what the next stupid song to be classed as Anti-Catholic will be? the wheels on the bus?? ring a ring a rosies (oh...) :) how about bah bah Black sheep... or is that anti-Aberdeen?? ;)ring a ring a rosies makes a mockery of all those unfortunate soles who died in the great plague and should be banned forthwith.;)

Enoch 68
21-12-2008, 08:38
The fact that thousands died fighting Nazi tyranny and now the country has come to this, is a disgrace.

Salmond's Stormtroopers will be preparing their Brown shirts.

alanbearno7
21-12-2008, 08:50
is this not just a rouse to get us all singing the hokey cokey next week whilst leaving the famine song at home(no pun intended) ...call me cynical but......

naemair
21-12-2008, 08:59
Good to see the RC spokesperson Kearney tackling the big issues of the day. But the next time I do the Hokey Cokey at a party, it will carry so much more meaning!!!

deedle
21-12-2008, 09:05

This is my reaction.

They have made complete idiots of themselves.

Should this story escalate, the RC Church will be a laughing stock. I suspect that none of the other papers will touch it, though - it's just too embarrassing!

Peter Kearney is very close to Salmond and is in fact a SNP candidate. He was behind the story about Boruc being cautioned for 'crossing himself'.

buster
21-12-2008, 09:07
What a pathetic bunch they are !.....But even more pathetic are those who "lead" us if they don´t get up and fight back.

bustergonad
21-12-2008, 09:07
"never seen or heard any Rangers fans singing the hokey kokey but just in case they do I demand that they are arrested as I might find it offensive"

said a catholic spokesman

derbybear
21-12-2008, 09:12
Good to know that they were MOPES back in days of yore.

Dont Tell Him Pike
21-12-2008, 09:28
I scrolled down and read all the replies waiting for the punch line.....but no punch line....fuxake....unreal.

devondave1873
21-12-2008, 09:36
So the song list for Saturday is, the Hokey Cokey, the Music Man, and Sloop John B (orignal). And if one yahoo complains then yer all nicked, bhawhawhwhawhawhaw, you really couldn't make this up. I would love this lunacy to get more coverage, it is comedy gold.

naehairbear
21-12-2008, 09:48
We've said it before and no doubt we'll be saying it again for a long time to come until this too is a breach of the law - At what point do we make a stand? Our enemies are having a laugh now and we are so disunited and so ill -informed about our history that we are in danger of slipping into oblivion without a murmur of protest. John Knox, George Buchanan, George Wishart - where are you and like minded people now? - Your nation has need of you!

naehairbear
21-12-2008, 09:55
I agree it's great news. Imagine fans getting arrested for singing the hokey cokey? :D The sectarian industry is a house of cards that is waiting for something like this to blow then down.

And they will go further...so far it will look ridiculous to even those who hate us.

I'm afraid I disagree. This actually shows how powerful our enemies are or think they are. Either way they are making the running. Let's all hold our breath and wait till the Church of Scotland comes back with a robust response. On second thoughts ....

stoddy
21-12-2008, 10:28
I for one want to thank the Catholic Church on this one. I never knew the history of the song so from now on when I'm phished as a fart at some old dears 80th birthday party I'll be first up giving it all to this one. A big thanks again Papes

Bullseye
21-12-2008, 10:33
The cells will be filled to capacity next Saturday night if thats the case...Get it belted out..

Earl of Leven
21-12-2008, 10:34

That has to be a piss take. I don't believe that is a real article.

Cross Keys Rab
21-12-2008, 10:38
The cells will be filled to capacity next Saturday night if thats the case...Get it belted out..

Theres a song in there somewhere.

The cells were filled to capacity
as the teams came out to play
The animals sang the soldiers song
as the bears were carted away.

So play up the Glasgow Rangers
Play up the boys in blue.
Play up the Glasgow Rangers
We used to be able to cheer for you.

:ninja::eek:

Dados_Ponytail
21-12-2008, 10:42
That has to be a piss take. I don't believe that is a real article.

Neither did I until I visited their website and did a search on hokey-cokey.

Emearg
21-12-2008, 10:42
From memory, and I may be wrong, the Hokey Cokey at football matches (its been played at Kilmarnock and discussed on here for Rangers games) is a piss-take of celtc's "world famous trademarked Huddle".

So if it's anti-celtc it's sectarian and anti-catholic? They are not right in the head!

Earl of Leven
21-12-2008, 10:43
Re-read it again....cannot be serious. A complete farce.

Hokey Cokey Loyal RSC

Sam_English
21-12-2008, 10:45
This country has gone down the feckin' pan.

Absolute madness.

Bullseye
21-12-2008, 10:46
Get them lifted.....:roll:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/tweenies/songtime/songs/h/hokeycokey.shtml

Dados_Ponytail
21-12-2008, 10:47
Guys - this is a open goal from three yards.

Get it sung, original lyrics, actions, the full bhoona.

deedle
21-12-2008, 10:47

Hokey Cokey Loyal RSC

Deadly serious.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/1999/03/14/nhoke14.html

Sunday 14 March 1999

Doing hokey cokey 'mimics Latin Mass'
By David Bamber

THE hokey cokey, the popular dance, has always been seen as an innocent, if raucous, form of entertainment. But an Anglican clergyman has now discovered a more sinister side: it originated as a parody of the Roman Catholic Church's Latin Mass.

Canon George Nairn-Briggs, Provost of Wakefield Cathedral, West Yorkshire, says that both the name of the dance and its actions were originally designed to satirise the traditional Mass and the clergy. The dance involves participants forming a chain and flinging their limbs about in line with commands.

Canon Nairn-Briggs said: "In the days when the priest celebrated the Mass with his back to the people and whispered the Latin words of consecration with many hand movements, the laity mimicked the movements as they saw them and the words as they misheard them." The words "hokey cokey" were a mishearing, or a deliberate parody, of the Latin phrase "Hoc est enim corpus meum", which translates as "This is my body".

Canon Nairn-Briggs also contends that another corruption of the same phrase is "hocus pocus", the words believed to be used by magicians when they were casting spells.

Historical sources appear to back up his theories. The Hokey Cokey became a popular dance in 1940s America and crossed the Atlantic with US soldiers. But its origins are much older and it seems to have gained popularity originally on this side of the Atlantic, before being taken to the US by refugees. An earlier folk dance version was performed in mainland Europe in the 19th century.

The Oxford English Dictionary says that "hokey cokey" comes from "hocus pocus", the traditional magicians' incantation that derives from a Latin phrase used in satanic masses, themselves parodies of the Latin Mass.

potterblue72
21-12-2008, 10:49
All us big bad proddies Must Now Stand Together as we are getting kicked pillar to post!!

Remember the words NOP SURRENDER!! WATP

carino
21-12-2008, 10:49

Hokey Cokey Loyal RSCCop for these bigots.

SECTARIAN WEANS (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1rYrVcIePSY).

masterblue
21-12-2008, 10:50

Every part i go to his xmas and new er i will be getting it down.:D

boba fleck
21-12-2008, 10:51
Hopefully this gets followed up and the vhermin don't let us down by complaining to all and sundry about this song to each and every media source. Surely even they aren't that thick. I would love this subject to be discussed on the phone-ins because it would be comedy gold of the highest order.
In fact I'd happily take one for the team on this and go to court over it. It would show the MOPES up for what they really are. I can see me on the front of the Daily Record walking into court with my good suit on and underneath is the headline "THE HOKEY COKEY KID"................ fame at last!!!!!

GlessertGer
21-12-2008, 10:51
The lunatics have taken over the asylum. Only they are not lunatics, they are clever, calculating and crafty. They are organised, they have planned, they have their people in places of influence.

Its been coming in small steps for a long time. We are told to be tolerant, yet we are not permitted to express our beliefs. We are being silenced, whilst the propaganda of others is proclaimed loudly.

Singing songs and waving flags is a crime. At the same time, vocally and financially (and 'actively'?) supporting enemies of the state is permitted.

The plan is now in action, and I fear that much worse is to come: It is only a matter of time when anything that is not pro roman will, by default, be anti roman and therefore sectarian.

Yes this is Scotland in the 21st century. One nation, one god, one religion, so long as it’s the roman variety.

And your options.... (i) shut up and accept it, (ii) bail out/emigrate, (iii) get organised and fight (politically/intellectually) for your country, your people and way of life. Be warned though only (i) or (ii) is allowed. You would be an extremist; vilified and persecuted if you even contemplate option (iii).

Earl of Leven
21-12-2008, 10:53
They are determined to return Scotland to Rome, as openly stated by Archbigot Winning, James McMillan and others......what we do is crucial.

bluefish
21-12-2008, 10:54
i feel like a prisoner in my own country,Get out and work pay your bills and do it in silence, cause if you offend anyone apart from protestants your parole will be broke and your going to jail.

Wish i could get out of here.
That hurts me no end,as i have always been proud to be part of this country,no more.

charlie bubbles
21-12-2008, 10:55
I've known this for years about the hokey cokey as I studied history. It is a piss take of the R.Soles mass. I have always sung it with great gusto, Those of us who know the song will have noticed that in Scotland the words were changed at the end to make it less offensive Up here we end it with "that's what it's all about! see "
while the rest of Britain sing " knees bent arms stretched ra ra ra.

Geordie-Ger
21-12-2008, 11:00
The Hokey Cokey has always been a send up on the Catholic Mass. However, the Catholics seem to be following the Moslems in their view that no-one can poke fun or question their outdated and barbaric religions.

Earl of Leven
21-12-2008, 11:03
Our forefathers made a huge mistake not burning all of the f***ers at the stake. Trying to share our land with them was always doomed to failure: they don't do 'sharing'. Same with Islam, dress it up any way you like but there are problems ahead as their faith demands all believers strive to convert anyone they meet and bring any country they live in to the 'umma' or Islamic state.

kaical
21-12-2008, 11:09
This is a massive own goal.FPMSL since i`ve read this.Wait until they find out about "rock a bye baby" That will really tip the bastards over the edge.

edwardcarson
21-12-2008, 11:13

the hokey cokey was used as a pisstake of the sellic huddle by the dj at rugby park.this really pissed off the mopes as they had no idea how to reply...............

fast forward......

it is now an anti catholic sectarian song invented by rangers fans.my screen is coveredin milk and cornflakes.

i seriously think we should make up a version of the hokey cokey and follow this one through all the way.this could be the one we are looking for to make a true laughing stock of the mopes and kill all this madness off once and for all.
:eek:

The Peoples Piper
21-12-2008, 11:14
Right wing catholic facism at its best. Are we being thrown back into the dark ages?

deedle
21-12-2008, 11:15
This is a massive own goal.FPMSL since i`ve read this.Wait until they find out about "rock a bye baby" That will really tip the bastards over the edge.

:eek::eek::eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock-a-bye_Baby

Yet another theory has it that the song, like "Lilliburlero", refers to events immediately preceding the Glorious Revolution. The baby is supposed to be the son of King James II of England, who was widely believed to be someone else's child smuggled into the birthing room in order to provide a Catholic heir for James. The "wind" may be that political "wind" or force "blowing" or coming from the Netherlands bringing James' nephew and son-in-law, William III of England, a.k.a. William of Orange, who would eventually depose King James II in the revolution. The "cradle" is the House of Stuart Stuart monarchy.[2]

The lyrics are:

Rock-a-bye baby, in the treetop,
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock,
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall,
And down will come baby, cradle and all.

Cross Keys Rab
21-12-2008, 11:16
the hokey cokey was used as a pisstake of the sellic huddle by the dj at rugby park.this really pissed off the mopes as they had no idea how to reply...............

fast forward......

it is now an anti catholic sectarian song invented by rangers fans.my screen is coveredin milk and cornflakes.

i seriously think we should make up a version of the hokey cokey and follow this one through all the way.this could be the one we are looking for to make a true laughing stock of the mopes and kill all this madness off once and for all.
:eek:

Make one up.:confused:

They are bleating about the original one. Why not just use that instead.

pennyblack
21-12-2008, 11:16
i think next week raising ibrox to a rendition of hokey pokey is a must

bobby1873
21-12-2008, 11:18
"Nobody who sings this does so to annoy kafflics, but we'll be offended by it anyway so we'll make a big fecking deal about it" I mean *** are these clowns on?
I'm beginning to hate my own country FFS.

fiowilson
21-12-2008, 11:19
this is laughable if it wasnt so serious :(

the blue badger
21-12-2008, 11:19
This is just embarrassing, especially I would imagine to any right minded follower of the catholic faith.

Get those hate filled ten year olds hauled before the beaks pronto!

dundonald bear
21-12-2008, 11:22
Is this a joke right no person in the right mind could possibly think that the Hokey Cokey is sectarian.

Dados_Ponytail
21-12-2008, 11:25
What's the chances of it getting played over the tannoy before the game and at half time?>:)

Wearapeepil
21-12-2008, 11:26
Kilmarnock FC regularly play the Hokey Cokey over the PA system just prior to kick-off. Could spell the end for them!!

Killie should be deducted points for being sectarian. There is no place in todays society for songs like this.

:D

rosevale
21-12-2008, 11:28
Yeah, but this is one we CAN take them to the cleaners on.

You cannot arrest/charge/jail someone for singing a song that is happily taught in school to five year olds.

At least the others had the excuse that it was wrong per se. Here it would be obvious victimisation.

And what exactly wrong with the others "per se".

KTBFFH1872
21-12-2008, 11:29
Killie should be deducted points for being sectarian. There is no place in todays society for songs like this.

:D

they'll find a way to blame us instead........McCoist and Durrant did play there after all, it must be our fault they play the Hokey Cokey :eek:

SeaBill
21-12-2008, 11:30
Good to see the RC spokesperson Kearney tackling the big issues of the day. But the next time I do the Hokey Cokey at a party, it will carry so much more meaning!!!

Bit of a coincidence, wasn't it in Kearney, New Jersey, that the sexual abuse by celtc staff was first reported to the authorities?
The lads were ignored and the matter hidden of course in that show of solidarity among an Irish police force celtc fc and the catholic church.

and we can't sing the f*ing "Hokey Cokey",:confused:
funny old world.

canalbear
21-12-2008, 11:31

Already banned at Parkhead for one reason or another.;)

Wearapeepil
21-12-2008, 11:36
I think the reporter Jason Allardyce, is actually taking the piss and showing the mhankies up for the fools that they are.

buster60
21-12-2008, 11:38
You'd think there were more important things going on in the world for them to be concerned with. If they don't know what these are I'll give them a few examples for starters...poverty, famine, abuse, genocide, drugs ...... The list could go on forever,but sod that, let's just ban the Hokey Cokey and everybody in the world will have a wonderful Christmas.

SeaBill
21-12-2008, 11:40
They are determined to return Scotland to Rome, as openly stated by Archbigot Winning, James McMillan and others......what we do is crucial.

It's true, we are the targets of the counter-reformationary bigots and bampots.
A large body of catholics in Scotland have come to our country with no respect for it and denigrate our history and slander our church.
Who knows what they teach children in their schools, outside anti-Protestant bile, whatever it is it doesn't seem to do much for those at the bottom of the pile, in fact they seem to turn them out specifically for the bottom of the pile.

ekbear
21-12-2008, 11:45
Who said a Scottish Parliament would make the country better?

Get it to **** and take all the shite that sits in it with you.

I hate this ****ing country. :(

Dados_Ponytail
21-12-2008, 11:46
Just noticed that the rentaquote MSP is mine:mad:

AD bear
21-12-2008, 11:52

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article5375697.ece This is going to fkn far now, they wont be happy till they have classed everyone who walks through the Brox turnstiles a disgrace.My 2 year old daughter gets this song in nursery in Middle East should i expect an ASBO waiting when we arrive back in Glasgow..WATP:mad:

Bear_In_Orkney
21-12-2008, 11:52
feck them,and any "Rangers fan" who voted for the romanist SNP!!!!!!

Go and feck yourself ...............yourself.

the blue badger
21-12-2008, 12:13
For some reason the link doesn't work when posted on another message board. You only get a Times page saying the link s not recognised. I'm no techie, but hopefully this means it's a made up story, though it's so ridiculous it could be true!

covloyalrsc
21-12-2008, 12:20
Hokey Cokey and Rock a bye Baby is well documented about its origins.
I'm surprised that the Grand Old Duke of York hasn't been added to the Roman Catholic list. After all he was a Grand Master of the Orange Institution in England

baselbear
21-12-2008, 12:23

Contact him. Ask him why he won't stand up for freedom of speech.

deedle
21-12-2008, 12:26
For some reason the link doesn't work when posted on another message board. You only get a Times page saying the link s not recognised. I'm no techie, but hopefully this means it's a made up story, though it's so ridiculous it could be true!

No problems with this link.

My immediate reaction was that it was a joke, but Jason Allardyce seems to be taking the mickey out the RC Church.

The piece is clearly based on a couple of phone calls. Kearney tries not to over-react but is still very condemnatory, but the SNP MSP has fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

cumbernauld loyal
21-12-2008, 12:28
Stop the world, I'm getting off.

:(

mkkid

You are quite obviously a bigot Rod,your kids will have to be taken into care and you wife will not be allowed to contact you!
The world gone mad.

SeaBill

Not the sort of person to jump to conclusions about what foot someone kicks with just by the names they give their kids, but actually, "Michael" comes across as the typical pussy whipped milksop who has turned his coat to marry a wosirc. Notice it doesn't say where he was educated in Glasgow.

http://www.michaelmathesonmsp.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=30

Michael was elected as the MSP for Falkirk West following the May 2007 elections. Previous to that he was a Regional MSP for Central Scotland from 1999-2007.
He was born and educated in Glasgow. He went on to study at Queen Margaret College, Edinburgh where he obtained a Bsc in Occupational Therapy. He also holds a BA and a Diploma in Applied Social Sciences from the Open University.
He is married to Susan and has 3 sons, Sean, James and Daniel.

deedle
21-12-2008, 12:30
Not the sort of person to jump to conclusions about what foot someone kicks with just by the names they give their kids, but actually, "Michael" comes across as the typical pussy whipped milksop who has turned his coat to marry a wosirc. Notice it doesn't say where he was educated in Glasgow.

http://www.michaelmathesonmsp.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=30

Michael was elected as the MSP for Falkirk West following the May 2007 elections. Previous to that he was a Regional MSP for Central Scotland from 1999-2007.
He was born and educated in Glasgow. He went on to study at Queen Margaret College, Edinburgh where he obtained a Bsc in Occupational Therapy. He also holds a BA and a Diploma in Applied Social Sciences from the Open University.
He is married to Susan and has 3 sons, Sean, James and Daniel.

St. John Bosco

SeaBill
21-12-2008, 12:36

It's genuine mate, in fact the campaign seems to have started in September.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/scotland/article4794978.ece
YouTube told to remove Old Firm clips
Kenny MacAskill, the Scottish justice secretary, has demanded that YouTube remove hundreds of offensive video clips posted by Old Firm football fans..................Among those available last week was one posted by a Rangers fan with alternative lyrics to Hokey Cokey, the party tune, which promotes violence against Irish Catholics and is littered with abusive language. <

Needless to say, it is only Rangers' supporters who are singled out in the article by Mark Macaskill. I don't know if he is a relation to the "justice (:roll:) secretary".

pecotrain
21-12-2008, 12:40
I cant wait to leave this country its going f@cking mad the place is being over run with THEM!!!!!!!!!!

TheDayTheWorldTurnedDayGlo
21-12-2008, 12:41
Unfortunately not ubelievable in modern Scotland:mad

If anyone ever had any doubts over who is dictating the political egenda in Scotland since devolution...........

Can someone raise this with the European Union as their laws on Fredom of Expression and speech are our only hope. No-one in the UK or Scotland will stop this.

fiowilson
21-12-2008, 12:41
No problems with this link.

My immediate reaction was that it was a joke, but Jason Allardyce seems to be taking the mickey out the RC Church.

The piece is clearly based on a couple of phone calls. Kearney tries not to over-react but is still very condemnatory, but the SNP MSP has fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

I agree!!

Have a read at some articles that he has written or been quoted in previously.

RC_Hamilton
21-12-2008, 12:42
Remember folks this has nothing to do with Rangers when asking your MP/MSP.

Ask why football fans cannot sing it and if they only say Rangers in return then you have them for victimising one group only.

Westberksloyal
21-12-2008, 12:46
Sinister: threatening or suggesting evil or harm

I love the use of the word sinister in all of this. So, a 19th Century pish take is sinister?

There will be mass outbreaks of this on Saturday, and quite rightly so. But being an article in the Times, I'd imagine that the Junglies in the other end won't have a clue why it's being sung!!

D4RN-L
21-12-2008, 12:49
Has this been discussed on here using other lyrics?

Berlin Blue nose
21-12-2008, 12:49
How pathetic does this "Catholic racism" get? This is embarrassing! And these people are being totally serious about it. It's frightening. Like one poster mentioned before, where has freedom of speech gone? Are you not allowed to criticise anything these days without being called intolerant or bigoted?
Unbelievably shocking! :mad:

OrangeDavie
21-12-2008, 13:00
And we thought new labour was bad. FFS. Before we read this article was there plans to sing the hokey cokey?

Berlin Blue nose
21-12-2008, 13:06
Why didn't they come up with "The Hokey Cokey is faith hate crime" a hundred years ago?

Even my mum who doesn't really bother about the Old Firm at all says this is ridiculous.

Laughable.

jigster
21-12-2008, 13:09
if this makes me a bigot then "so mote it be " fu(k the lot of them

Jimenez
21-12-2008, 13:13
And we thought new labour was bad. FFS. Before we read this article was there plans to sing the hokey cokey?

I swear on my testicles that I hadn't heard any fellow Rangers fans say "we should sing that"

yorkhill_loyal
21-12-2008, 13:15
i thought i had seen it all, that actually makes me speachless

MaxPayne1972
21-12-2008, 13:19
This is a wind up.END of non-story.

Phil Leotardo
21-12-2008, 13:20
Peter Kearney is a wee rat.

blue4life
21-12-2008, 13:20

He is married to Susan and has 3 sons, Sean, James and Daniel.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Sean, Daniel and James have ever sung the hokey cokey???

RC_Hamilton
21-12-2008, 13:21
This is a wind up.END of non-story.

Can you elaborate why this is a wind up and who is doing the wind up?

MaxPayne1972
21-12-2008, 13:24
This all started when we surrendered TBB meekly like a bunch of total cowards.

It set the benchmark and we have been mauled and questioned ever since on every single song.,

It is OUR OWN FAULT that it has come to this stage.

P.S I believe this one is a wid-up, however the very fact that it wouldn't surprise us otherwise shows how FAR we have allowed it to go.

thelegend
21-12-2008, 13:27
Now correct me if I'm wrong but did the DJ at Rugby Park not play it to takes the piss out of the celtc huddle ?
Hanging is obviously to good for him.

I must say when I opened my Times this morning the cornflakes were nearly spat out when I readd this. What next ?

MMM1285
21-12-2008, 13:28
so the original hokey cokey is offensive, so why dont we substitute the words ?
;)

put your right foot in
your right foot out
in out in out shake all about
do the **** the popey
and turn around
thats what its all about

or is it the tune that is the problem.

PS Tina Turner's "Simply the Best" will be on their hit list :ninja:

john_trueblue_1873
21-12-2008, 13:34
this is a joke surely?

oh well lets get the singing started on the 27th.......

you put your right leg in.......

D4RN-L
21-12-2008, 13:44
Surely the quote by the MP/MSP has been taken in conjunction with another well known song?

binnie18
21-12-2008, 13:48
Our Catholic SNP MP has called our local council the Hokey Cokey council. Should he have been lifted by the police for sectarianism.

freedomofspeech
21-12-2008, 13:49
Biggest lot of bollocks that i have heard

Kilbirnie
21-12-2008, 13:50
Can't wait to belt out the hokey cokey followed by the famine song next saturday.

thecount
21-12-2008, 13:50

I don't think Gain is the correct usage, I think if the rest of the UK has any sense it will lowse the ropes and see us sail off into a mad sunset.

scottie626
21-12-2008, 13:51
had to check the date i thought it was the 1st of april

MaxPayne1972
21-12-2008, 13:57
Quite incredible , I just went on the times online and this IS GENUINE i used different link I cannot quite BELIEVE this!!!!!!!

RC_Hamilton
21-12-2008, 14:02
Quite incredible , I just went on the times online and this IS GENUINE i used different link I cannot quite BELIEVE this!!!!!!!

I don't know whether to be raging at the absolute absurdity or laugh uncontrollably.

It's like an article we would make as a joke. What next, arrest those in blue?

MaxPayne1972
21-12-2008, 14:08
I don't know whether to be raging at the absolute absurdity or laugh uncontrollably.

It's like an article we would make as a joke. What next, arrest those in blue?

To be honest I cannot quite acept that it is real, i'm dumfounded :eek:

fiowilson
21-12-2008, 14:09
The journalist has created a story to fuel his personal thoughts on the RC Church and has used Rangers fans to get an audience.

Have no idea his persuasion but thats my take on it.

BeardyBear
21-12-2008, 14:12
I'm glad they've done this. This is quite good, actually.

I've just shown this to my a few of my Falkirk supporting mates that simply refused to believe there was an anti-rangers/protestant agenda. They now know better.

Get this shown to every sensible thinking person you know, Bears. Show them up for the bigots they are.

Baxtersbigtoe
21-12-2008, 14:17

MaxPayne1972
21-12-2008, 14:17
Still starng at this on my screen...........................utterly un feckinbelievable!!!!