Fighting with fans outside

Terrible atmosphere

Likely dembelle will miss the game griffiths banned

Rosenberg win on the cards?

Could be great week

sviatchenko looks like he is out aswell

superrangers
26-07-2017, 08:25
I hope to god that they get pumped out. Sadly not the Rosenborg of old.

Teddyjohn
26-07-2017, 08:25
An announcement that there will be no title stripping won't aid their mood either.

tazzabear
26-07-2017, 08:27
Protest by the Ira fundementalists

Fighting with fans outside

Terrible atmosphere

Likely dembelle will miss the game griffiths banned

Rosenberg win on the cards?

Could be great week

But, but, what about the co-efficiency?
Surely you must want Scottish clubs to do well in Europe?

My usual reply is firstly, if we can't do it for ourselves, I don't want it.
Secondly, when I see more union flags, even saltires, than Irish republic flags, I'll consider septic a Scottish team.

Glasgow_Bear_18
26-07-2017, 08:29
Honestly not looking for uberness recognition. But I genuinely didn't know they were playing tonight. Is it in Glasgow? Makes my commute home harder if it is.

albertz84
26-07-2017, 08:29
But, but, what about the co-efficiency?
Surely you must want Scottish clubs to do well in Europe?

My usual reply is firstly, if we can't do it for ourselves, I don't want it.
Secondly, when I see more union flags, even saltires, than Irish republic flags, I'll consider septic a Scottish team.

great idea give them another 30 million in their bank aswell

jdilla
26-07-2017, 08:30
Horrendous game for them on paper given how far into their season Rosenborg are at this point

Deacon_Frost
26-07-2017, 08:31
One fatal flaw in this plan, Rosenberg are pish

weetoonblue
26-07-2017, 08:32
2-1 victory for Rosenberg would see a major timplosion ����

Any win would see an implosion.

Ideally they get get beat and do not score and miss a couple of chances that Griffiths would have scored.

Then next week they anti UEFA banners return and they are knocked out.

sw26
26-07-2017, 08:33
Honestly not looking for uberness recognition. But I genuinely didn't know they were playing tonight. Is it in Glasgow? Makes my commute home harder if it is.

Yes at the Piggery.

KopGer
26-07-2017, 08:34

You've badly misunderstood his intended point.

tazzabear
26-07-2017, 08:35

That's the thing as well.
Any benefit we'd get from them earning more co-efficient points is negated, and then some, by the money they'd earn doing so.
So, wanting them to lose is not parochial rivalry or hatred, just quite sensible.

DylanGer
26-07-2017, 08:35
Really not sure if they are pish no doubt the Beggars are favourites but into their league-well ahead at the top surely at least up and running with the pressure all one one team?

Few things against Celtic as the OP suggests.

boris
26-07-2017, 08:39
After last season I think a fall from grace is on the cards and I genuinely think to-night may be start. If so the season aheadwill be very interesting.

larnecoantrim
26-07-2017, 08:40
Dundalk very nearly put Rosenberg out in the last round. Only beaten in extra time.
Should be an easy enough night for them unfortunately.

albertz84
26-07-2017, 08:42
You've badly misunderstood his intended point.

No i havent, mine was tongue in cheek

Battlefield Bear
26-07-2017, 08:43
Rosenborg are 13/2 with Skybet. This suggests that they are indeed pish. Plus...to give them a modicum of credit, the rhats don't often lose at home in Europe.

I think the best we can hope for is a score draw and some more shenanigans from their extremists.

Ger57
26-07-2017, 08:43
Yes at the Piggery.

Bugger! I'm going to the 02 tonight after work, M8 might be worse than usual then :(

simonon
26-07-2017, 08:44
[QUOTE=Deacon_Frost;25485451]One fatal flaw in this plan, Rosenberg are pish[/QUOTE

Correct. A team that in the past punched well above their weight in Europe are unfortunately nowhere near that level now.

tommyhlrsc
26-07-2017, 08:44
Rosenberg scraped through with an extra time winner against Dundalk after coming from behind at home.

Beggars should piss this.

Bowery Boys
26-07-2017, 08:45
Wishful thinking. They will win by 2 or 3.

albertz84
26-07-2017, 08:47
Hope they can keep.it close, we know how bad selik are away from home in europe.

dublinbluenose
26-07-2017, 08:50
I seen a bit of the game v Dundalk in the last round and their wasn't much difference between the teams.I cant see then beating the yahoos over two legs.

Altogether_now
26-07-2017, 08:50
Struggled to get by Dundalk and St Johnstone beat them a few years ago. I fear you are right

two2tango
26-07-2017, 09:01
Timmy with no strikers might struggle to break them down

If they move Sinclair up front who will create things? Hayes?

Could be a long night for them

The Bridge
26-07-2017, 09:01
It will sadly be a fairly straight forward win, both legs I fancy. As far as they are into their season, Rosenberg struggled with a team no better than Linfield. I'd love them in the Europa league group stages as at this stage that tends to involve nightmare trips to all the ex Russian 'stans and on Thursday as well. As much disruption to their season as possible will let us bed in.

Tagsbear
26-07-2017, 09:23
I hope to god that they get pumped out. Sadly not the Rosenborg of old.

They aren't, but they're improving, and are currently 5 points clear in their league and halfway through their season.

It could be a very tricky tie for the mhanks.

Tagsbear
26-07-2017, 09:24
It will sadly be a fairly straight forward win, both legs I fancy. As far as they are into their season, Rosenberg struggled with a team no better than Linfield. I'd love them in the Europa league group stages as at this stage that tends to involve nightmare trips to all the ex Russian 'stans and on Thursday as well. As much disruption to their season as possible will let us bed in.

Dundalk would hammer Linfield.

DYNAMO_ROSCO
26-07-2017, 09:26
Lord Bendtner for the win

shinyscot
26-07-2017, 09:28
Am I right in thinking that if they lose this round then there is no Europa League place? That comes in next round?

tazzabear
26-07-2017, 09:30
Am I right in thinking that if they lose this round then there is no Europa League place? That comes in next round?

Correct.
Or, at least that's what a tim in work told me.

linthousebear1981
26-07-2017, 09:31
It would be great if they lost but I very much doubt it.

Rosenberg are a very poor side. Unfortunately I think Celtic will win comfortably tonight.

Tostao
26-07-2017, 09:32

Think they go into Europa qualifier. Out next round and drop into Group Stages? Similar to us losing to Malmo then playing Maribor in Europa qualifier is it not?

Penasburritos
26-07-2017, 09:32
We need them out the competition to majorly dent their confidence as they literally do think theyre untouchable.

Once that mentality changes they will start slipping up more often.

shinyscot
26-07-2017, 09:33
Correct.

Excellent. Fingers crossed it happens... Vi er alle rosenberg

Der Berliner
26-07-2017, 09:36
A few strong tackles against Sinclair and Dembele wouldn't go amiss. The Racist can get his treatment next week.

Top_Cat
26-07-2017, 09:37
Hope they can keep.it close, we know how bad selik are away from home in europe.

This for me, leave the shit pit with no more than 2 goals down and they stand a chance

Sir Duncan Ferguson
26-07-2017, 09:37
They aren't, but they're improving, and are currently 5 points clear in their league and halfway through their season.

It could be a very tricky tie for the mhanks.

Talk of Ajer playing centre half and Rogic playing centre forward. Not ideal at all for them.

I see Rodgers proclaiming himself as a visionary last season by playing Rogic once as a striker and claiming he was 'planning ahead' for games like tonight.

I love to see that fanny put back in his box.

two2tango
26-07-2017, 09:41
We need them out the competition to majorly dent their confidence as they literally do think theyre untouchable.

Once that mentality changes they will start slipping up more often.

Missing out on cl football will cause further division at there scummy club especially with Tv banned griffiths banned Rodgers might walk and they could become a shambles very quickly

Let's hope so

ChampionGer
26-07-2017, 09:49
Unfortunately, Rosenberg and a pale shaddow of their CL teams of old. In fact, fairly pish as they struggled past Dundalk.

I'd Keegan style love it if they could beat the mhanky hordes, but I fear for Rosenberg's chances

TorinoFC
26-07-2017, 09:52
Rosenbourg are a shadow of the team they once were . By all accounts Dundalk should have beaten them in the last round.

Expect the mhanks to win easily but you never know .

jaws73
26-07-2017, 09:53
Rosenborg are not the team they once were but are currently an improving side (unfortunately I think we will have to wait for the next round before there is a real danger of them failing).

You never know though, a tight game at the piggery could see a tough game in Norway as Celtic don't travel well.

Mckellar
26-07-2017, 09:53
Rosenberg might manage a goal, can see the tims winning 2-1 setting up a nervy away leg for them.

Penasburritos
26-07-2017, 09:54
Unfortunately, Rosenberg and a pale shaddow of their CL teams of old. In fact, fairly pish as they struggled past Dundalk.

I'd Keegan style love it if they could beat the mhanky hordes, but I fear for Rosenberg's chances

If they get out of there with a 1 goal loss id be confident, i dont go out my way to watch norwegian football regularly so i wouldn't know how good they are.

Earl of Leven
26-07-2017, 09:57
Sadly Rosenberg aren't what they were - same issues as all other small leagues across Europe - and I can see the filth winning. However it won't be easy for them. My worry is that they are as jammy as last year when they were fairly dreadful in the qualifiers and still made it.

macdonsj
26-07-2017, 09:58
no got much hope of a result against them
so will settle for the torrential rain lasting till 10pm

Tagsbear
26-07-2017, 10:00
If they get out of there with a 1 goal loss id be confident, i dont go out my way to watch norwegian football regularly so i wouldn't know how good they are.

Me neither, but I read an article on them recently and it was all about ho much they were improving, style of play and that fans were coming back to watch them after a few years in the doldrums.

A lot being made of the Dundalk tie, but Dundalk showed last season they aren't mugs, and they are also well into their season so it was always going to be a tight match.

Might be clutching at straws and wishful thinking, but I really think this will be very tricky for them.

supergers07
26-07-2017, 10:00
Best chance for the Norwegians tonight of getting at least an away goal.
If they don't lose by 2 or 3 clear goals then they might take them over in Trondheim.

Dembele "injury" is interesting. I wonder if he's acting up.

Penasburritos
26-07-2017, 10:07
Me neither, but I read an article on them recently and it was all about ho much they were improving, style of play and that fans were coming back to watch them after a few years in the doldrums.

A lot being made of the Dundalk tie, but Dundalk showed last season they aren't mugs, and they are also well into their season so it was always going to be a tight match.

Might be clutching at straws and wishful thinking, but I really think this will be very tricky for them.

Well for this round of the competition and given that rosenborg are on the up then we cant ask for much more.

Being well into their season will help but the key is keeping the score low tonight, if its more than 2-0 then forget about it.

gregoryisaacs
26-07-2017, 10:09
Don't see anything other than a taigothy victory.

TrueBlueRab
26-07-2017, 10:10

Dundalk would hammer Linfield.

I agree regarding Dundalk and Linfield

Also Dundalk are 20 odd games into their season as well so although Rosenborg are maybe not great this would've had a bearing on their tie with Dundalk

david1982
26-07-2017, 10:22
I agree regarding Dundalk and Linfield

Also Dundalk are 20 odd games into their season as well so although Rosenborg are maybe not great this would've had a bearing on their tie with Dundalk

Rosenborg are 17 games into their season as well........

TN8
26-07-2017, 10:34

Yep. The filth are pumping this mob quite comfortably.

WeeBudsBud
26-07-2017, 10:46
Dundalk nearly made the champo league last year and qualified for the Thursday cup.

Not a bad result for the Noggies and if they could just keep it tight tonight, who knows?

Sam_English
26-07-2017, 10:46

That mob aren't exactly world-beaters

TrueBlueRab
26-07-2017, 10:55
Rosenborg are 17 games into their season as well........

and your point is?

Gazman_Airdrie
26-07-2017, 11:06
Correct.

This is incorrect.

Defeat at this round would see Celtic drop into the Europa League play-offs.

Defeat in the next round, would see them drop into the Europa League Group Stages.

mkmum1
26-07-2017, 12:02
2-1 victory for Rosenberg would see a major timplosion 👌👌

2-0 victory would be even better

grei9
26-07-2017, 12:52
Are Rosenberg better than that pub team that ran them close last year about this time?

mayfairblue2
26-07-2017, 13:47
The yahoos should win this quite easily.

wullie1872
26-07-2017, 13:50
No doubt there will be an ineligible player in the Rosenberg squad. If not 3 penalties will be sufficient for liewell and ra selik

Gallant13.VVV
26-07-2017, 21:32
0-0 at the piggery, hopefully the Norwegians grab an earl goal over there and they go out.

Penasburritos
26-07-2017, 21:37
Once again the global football experts of follow follow get it wrong, Rosenborg should have won the game and are far from pish.

brooklynblue
26-07-2017, 21:40
From the report, it seems Rosenborg should have won this - missing a number of good opportunities. Hope they don't crash on away goals.

grascots
26-07-2017, 21:45
Once again the global football experts of follow follow get it wrong, Rosenborg should have won the game and are far from pish.

It will be so sweet to see the clunts go out. They will be shitting heir pants now which is enjoyable

Penasburritos
26-07-2017, 21:49
It will be so sweet to see the clunts go out. They will be shitting heir pants now which is enjoyable

Damn straight! They will be shitting it because this team can play and now have home advantage!

two2tango
26-07-2017, 21:52
So my op has came good

Let's hope they can finish the job

ibroxkev
26-07-2017, 21:53
They're shitting it on Sportsound

jaymuz7
26-07-2017, 21:55
I'm ashamed to say I watched the last 30 mins. The scum should be out. Rosenberg missed an absolute sitter and Bendtnar? missed a very good chance from a cut back. The scum looked dreadful which is very pleasing

albertz84
26-07-2017, 21:56
I watched the game, Rosenborg played really well, defended well and Selik created nothing.

Rosenborg missed 2 sitters and could have won 2 or 3 - 0

Timplosion already

some fans realising last season was a one off because they are back to Rd standards.

some saying Brendas coat is on a shakey peg.

ripping into brown, Tierney, Forrest and more or less their whole team, we need this to hapoen for a momentum shift, things not looks quite so golden just now for them.

macdonsj
26-07-2017, 21:56
Rosenborg missed four sitters apparently

BBC app questioning "club of celtics size only having 2 strikers"

albertz84
26-07-2017, 21:57
I'm ashamed to say I watched the last 30 mins. The scum should be out. Rosenberg missed an absolute sitter and Bendtnar? missed a very good chance from a cut back. The scum looked dreadful which is very pleasing

Why ashamed ? whats wrong with wanting to watch them get beat ?

ando1873
26-07-2017, 22:01
Rosenberg Missed a big opportunity 2night, they ****s have the slight advantage now not conceding an away goal.
Hopefully they are strong at home

edders
26-07-2017, 22:02
So my op has came good

Let's hope they can finish the job

Nothing to suggest they won't finish the job. I watched most of the game, clicking out if the tims were in a decent position, which wasn't often. From what I seen Rosenborg were a much better side. Had Bendtner been at all decent the scum would be two down. Also, they seemed to tame Broonaldo no problems whatsoever, even given him the odd whack now and again to which he didn't respond well. Particularly at the end which was nice to see.

ek_david
26-07-2017, 22:02
Is the thumb banned for away leg?

edders
26-07-2017, 22:03
Double post

gregoryisaacs
Just clicked the commentary button on the Sky Sports app.

Taigs dominated possession. But Rosenborg had the x3 standout chances of the game.

The very last piece of commentary was a Gordon save at the death.

Baloo72
First coupon of the season up

Penasburritos
26-07-2017, 22:04
Rosenberg Missed a big opportunity 2night, they ****s have the slight advantage now not conceding an away goal.
Hopefully they are strong at home

Considering Celtics away form I don't agree they have the advantage at all, beer sheva crumbled at parkhead and fkd them in Israel.

Rosenborg are strong at home domestically and midway through their season.

Something has to go wrong for them.

calumg1690
26-07-2017, 22:07
Watched and Rosenborg deserved at least one goal. Missed a sitter from 8yds out and bendtner missed the ball with what would've been an easy finish. Celtic created very little other than one half chance with Forrest shooting just wide. I think they can do them at home, but could also see selick sneaking a 1-1 to see them through. Let's hope it's an easy nights work for Rosenborg.

albertz84
26-07-2017, 22:07
and your point is?

His point was very valid and it showed tonight !

berlinloyal
26-07-2017, 22:11
The sweeperati on Twitter seem quite convinced that it's because the groin mhob weren't there.

Champions League players can't do the business unless there are banners being flown by a bunch of neds who were born in another country and are too young to remember your shopping centre getting shot up.

Aye, that'll be it.

dmgers
26-07-2017, 22:12
Rosenberg looked a far better team and they will finish the beggars off at home.

DylanGer
26-07-2017, 22:20
Although I would have them as slight favourites still there is massive pressure on them now, really massive if Rosenburg keep the head and realise this then it could be party time.

Do not underestimate the pressure this would take off of us and Pedro in particular. It could quite easily turn from being a pressure cooker for our man to a situation where he has a little more slack than he thought.

Heard Brenda on the radio the man is a total dick-extremely condescending and smelly.

Penasburritos
26-07-2017, 22:24
Although I would have them as slight favourites still there is massive pressure on them now, really massive if Rosenburg keep the head and realise this then it could be party time.

Do not underestimate the pressure this would take off of us and Pedro in particular. It could quite easily turn from being a pressure cooker for our man to a situation where he has a little more slack than he thought.

Heard Brenda on the radio the man is a total dick-extremely condescending and smelly.

Candeias scored today.

williewoodburn
26-07-2017, 22:30
BBC frantically polishing their pet turd again :

* Tonight's draw means Celtic are unbeaten in their last 36 games
* It's the first time Celtic have failed to score in a competitive game since their defeat by Barcelona on 23 November 2016

barneybear
26-07-2017, 22:56
BBC frantically polishing their pet turd again :

* Tonight's draw means Celtic are unbeaten in their last 36 games
* It's the first time Celtic have failed to score in a competitive game since their defeat by Barcelona on 23 November 2016

Was that the 7-0 game?

DylanGer
26-07-2017, 22:56
Candeias scored today.

So did Waghorn.

You might have noticed nah you won't have that I said that the minute he contributed something or even a few things he'd be down as a Rangers legend. Didn't take long.:D

He's scored a professional goal for every year he's been alive by the way.

We've been through this before with players-read a few threads punters saying they wanted Pedro sacked a few weeks ago have changed their mind. You've gotta love it.

I happily look forward to more digs on the player-seriously-if he does the business.

toffeebear
26-07-2017, 23:00
Was that the 7-0 game?

:D their special 7-0 game in their unbeaten season

brooklynblue
26-07-2017, 23:01
Didn't they stumble through their qualifiers last season? It wouldn't be a surprise to see them grab a 1-1.

muthacupboard
26-07-2017, 23:09
They seem determined to be architects of their own downfall. First they alienate their own fans by not taking up tickets for Windsor Park and fibbing about the reason, then the green brigade alienate everyone from the normally sympathetic press to their own teams manager with an organised Provo-fest and then the team struggle to an uninspiring home draw against a poor Rosenborg.

Amusing.

Tagsbear
26-07-2017, 23:16
If Rosenborg don't go through they'll only have themselves to blame, could and should have finished it tonight.

stayfor90mins
26-07-2017, 23:25
If they score over there then they will go through, but its good to see Rosenburg gave them a game of it tonight and hopefully can do the same in the return leg

EssexBear
26-07-2017, 23:27
No title stripping and bad tonight - Did Brendan say they were 'absolutely magnicent' like Blessed Martin ?

oranje-viola
27-07-2017, 07:28
Reckon they're out.

Don't they have another round to get through even if they pull this one out of the bag anyway?

Mr_Aqua
27-07-2017, 07:55
If they go out will they drop to Europa?

gertilidie
27-07-2017, 08:09
0-0 isn't that bad for them .

Still worried

fraz54herewecome
27-07-2017, 08:09
Was that the 7-0 game?

Ah but it was a close game with 7 lucky goals, Celtic were unlucky

Derek Trotter
27-07-2017, 08:13
I still think they'll sneak a goal next week and get through to the next round where hopefully they'll be beaten

Had Rosenborg took 1 of their several cracking chances then I'd have fancied them

Having said that, the tims do have a hopeless away record in Europe

Juan Ghuy
27-07-2017, 08:26
I still think they'll sneak a goal next week and get through to the next round where hopefully they'll be beaten

Had Rosenborg took 1 of their several cracking chances then I'd have fancied them

Having said that, the tims do have a hopeless away record in Europe

Sadly i agree with this. Especially if they have the racist back.

rangeral
27-07-2017, 08:50
If they go out will they drop to Europa?

Yes they drop into the EL play-off round

Get past Rosenborg CL play-off round then and they either have CL group stage or EL group stage football until December depending on the result

rossgers
27-07-2017, 08:50
Bugger. An away goal would have sealed their fate. 0-0 tends to favour the home side. Hopefully, we see a repeat of Malmö for a complete timplosion.

bear all
27-07-2017, 09:23
Yes they drop into the EL play-off round

Get past Rosenborg CL play-off round then and they either have CL group stage or EL group stage football until December depending on the result

I thought there was a play off round still to come before the CL proper.

rangeral
27-07-2017, 09:28
I thought there was a play off round still to come before the CL proper.

To which I have stated

bear all
27-07-2017, 09:33
To which I have stated
Don't get your knickers in a twist.

supergers07
27-07-2017, 09:40
The Norwegians will be kicking themselves they didn't take at least 1 of their good chances.

Celtic had ONE shot on target all game and it was tame effort. As soon as pressure hits Rodgers it will be interesting.

bear all
27-07-2017, 09:47
The Norwegians will be kicking themselves they didn't take at least 1 of their good chances.

Celtic had ONE shot on target all game and it was tame effort. As soon as pressure hits Rodgers it will be interesting.

Rosenborg have the beating of them regardless if they score going on their performance last night .

SuperAllyD
27-07-2017, 09:52
On the back of that, I'd say we are a better side than the filth and still to fully gel and strengthen.
55 is coming home.

DechmontLoyal
27-07-2017, 09:54
Rosenberg 2 - 1 Nonce FC

Rosenberg scoring first, the Filth equalise (so their hopes are through the roof) - and Rosenborg to piss on their chips with an 89th minute winner

Well, I'm the ever hopeful and optimistic type

rangeral
27-07-2017, 09:55
Don't get your knickers in a twist.

I am not just answered your question

bear all
27-07-2017, 09:56
On the back of that, I'd say we are a better side than the filth and still to fully gel and strengthen.
55 is coming home.
Loving your positivety mate I need some of it.😊

bear all
27-07-2017, 09:58
I am not just answered your question

Ok mate 😉

amabluestar
27-07-2017, 10:04
Rosenberg 2 - 1 Nonce FC

Rosenberg scoring first, the Filth equalise (so their hopes are through the roof) - and Rosenborg to piss on their chips with an 89th minute winner

Well, I'm the ever hopeful and optimistic type

This 89th minute winner.
Can it please be the most controversial non penalty kick ever awarded.:D

macsloyal
27-07-2017, 10:07
Norwegian teams are usually very strong at home so I can see Rosenborg pumping the mhank ala Molde of a few years back.

DylanGer
27-07-2017, 10:59
I would agree Rosenburg can't let the misses last night affect their mindset in their home tie. Missed opportunities do sometimes come back to haunt you.

I think this is now down to mindsets-if Celtic show the mental toughness I think they will go through but there are under severe pressure and it's been a while since they've really been pushed in that way-this is already a season defining game-the deflation from an European exit will be massive -it creates issues at all levels.

What is encouraging is a few of the players that usually deliver their stability beyond their goal scorers struggled last night.

Worthy_Candidate
27-07-2017, 11:02
I would agree Rosenburg can't let the misses last night affect their mindset in their home tie. Missed opportunities do sometimes come back to haunt you.

I think this is now down to mindsets-if Celtic show the mental toughness I think they will go through but there are under severe pressure and it's been a while since they've really been pushed in that way-this is already a season defining game-the deflation from an European exit will be massive -it creates issues at all levels.

What is encouraging is a few of the players that usually deliver their stability beyond their goal scorers struggled last night.

I am really surprised that he has not freshened it up a bit over there.

Let's hope that complacency creeps in.

jaws73
27-07-2017, 11:06

Better Celtic sides than this have gone into a second leg akin to this one with some trepidation and failed. It really could go either way now (it is a real test for Brenda and his squad who, let's face it, have never yet been truly tested other than the CL Group stages last season). As you say, how they react under pressure will be interesting (and, if they fail, how their supporting hordes react will also be interesting).