PDA

View Full Version : Celtic fear us now.

Ralphbrand
25-06-2017, 13:38
It is becoming crystal clear that Celtic are deadly worried about us. First of all, Mr David King. They had not reckoned with us regaining our purchase rights and our own income stream being restored. The canny man from Glasgow managed to see off that bastard Ashley in record time. He has secured his position on the board and commands the ship with authority, honesty and transparency. No longer will be landed with the likes of Martin Bain who we learned recently got the contract of a lifetime with incredible conditions. We all know that the wigs, Whyte, Green etc, were all chancers, but in effect Bain got away with murder as the Board was not functioning properly. I can't stress how important stability and order is when running a football club. Just look at the state the country is in right now with a weak, divided government. We needed order, now we have it.

Financial order is also key to our success and once again Dave King has brought order and fiscal discipline. Some of the past deals our players (and managers) got were ridiculous. Some were paid way beyond their ability. That will no longer happen. I believe we have a manager with an eye for a player and we will get value for money, with the enticing prospect of sell on value. This has to be the way forward.

One strange thing about Celtic is that Rodgers stated earlier that he was looking to strengthen his squad. Johnny Haynes? Is that it? Is that the extent of their ambition? There is also an arrogance about this lack of activity. It implies that Rangers are totally incapable of mounting a challenge. It is this very arrogance which I believe will sink them in the end. Failure to qualify for the CL will be a crushing blow to them, remember they have several big earners whose wages eat away at the budget. The pressure is on Celtic as all the 'experts' think that no club in Scotland can match them.
There is no pressure on Pedro's conquistadores as we are starting from a lower base. I really see them struggling next season as they will be expected to repeat what they did last season.

Finally, compare Dave King with Dermott Desmond. What does the rotund Irishman do all day, he never goes to Celtic Park, he is never seen on television and never speaks about his club which he bank rolls so mysteriously. I can't but contrast his behaviour with that of Mr King. When needed, Dave King got up and was counted. He had the balls to take on a huge beast like Ashley and send him down the road with his tail firmly between his legs.
For what its worth, here is how I see the season unravel.

SPL- Rangers to come second, with a 10 point difference between them and us.

Scottish Cup/League Cup . We will win one of these trophies, of that I am certain.

Europe. If we get through the last of the qualifying rounds to the competition proper, that in itself is an achievement.

Financially? Capacity crowds at every home match with huge implications for the club. Revenue stream will improve dramatically, again with huge positive implications.

I am really looking forward to next season and see only positives. We will overtake them off the field in the next three years as our systems kick in. Mark my words, Dave King will go down in Rangers history as a visionary and will leave a lasting legacy. Bring it on!

Albop
25-06-2017, 13:41
It is becoming crystal clear that Celtic are deadly worried about us. First of all, Mr David King. They had not reckoned with us regaining our purchase rights and our own income stream being restored. The canny man from Glasgow managed to see off that bastard Ashley in record time. He has secured his position on the board and commands the ship with authority, honesty and transparency. No longer will be landed with the likes of Martin Bain who we learned recently got the contract of a lifetime with incredible conditions. We all know that the wigs, Whyte, Green etc, were all chancers, but in effect Bain got away with murder as the Board was not functioning properly. I can't stress how important stability and order is when running a football club. Just look at the state the country is in right now with a weak, divided government. We needed order, now we have it.

Financial order is also key to our success and once again Dave King has brought order and fiscal discipline. Some of the past deals our players (and managers) got were ridiculous. Some were paid way beyond their ability. That will no longer happen. I believe we have a manager with an eye for a player and we will get value for money, with the enticing prospect of sell on value. This has to be the way forward.

One strange thing about Celtic is that Rodgers stated earlier that he was looking to strengthen his squad. Johnny Haynes? Is that it? Is that the extent of their ambition? There is also an arrogance about this lack of activity. It implies that Rangers are totally incapable of mounting a challenge. It is this very arrogance which I believe will sink them in the end. Failure to qualify for the CL will be a crushing blow to them, remember they have several big earners whose wages eat away at the budget. The pressure is on Celtic as all the 'experts' think that no club in Scotland can match them.
There is no pressure on Pedro's conquistadores as we are starting from a lower base. I really see them struggling next season as they will be expected to repeat what they did last season.

Finally, compare Dave King with Dermott Desmond. What does the rotund Irishman do all day, he never goes to Celtic Park, he is never seen on television and never speaks about his club which he bank rolls so mysteriously. I can't but contrast his behaviour with that of Mr King. When needed, Dave King got up and was counted. He had the balls to take on a huge beast like Ashley and send him down the road with his tail firmly between his legs.
For what its worth, here is how I see the season unravel.

SPL- Rangers to come second, with a 10 point difference between them and us.

Scottish Cup/League Cup . We will win one of these trophies, of that I am certain.

Europe. If we get through the last of the qualifying rounds to the competition proper, that in itself is an achievement.

Financially? Capacity crowds at every home match with huge implications for the club. Revenue stream will improve dramatically, again with huge positive implications.

I am really looking forward to next season and see only positives. We will overtake them off the field in the next three years as our systems kick in. Mark my words, Dave King will go down in Rangers history as a visionary and will leave a lasting legacy. Bring it on!

lets see if we can walk before we run

kenny2oo7
25-06-2017, 13:43
We've not even won a game yet, won't hear me gloating until we achieve something on the pitch.

GioVanB
25-06-2017, 13:44
No they don't.

They are aware that we can become a serious threat now that we have the retail handcuffs off and are back in Europe. But fear? Nope.

They won't properly fear us again until we gub them on the pitch.

boab1688
25-06-2017, 13:46
Just wait till we start putting pressure on them in the league the scum that follow them won't cope and in turn they will pile so much pressure on to the players

55 is gonna be wonderful

Albop
25-06-2017, 13:46
why are they comparing desmond to dave king

desmond aint the chairmen as for as i know hes a non ex director

_BlueNose_
25-06-2017, 13:47
is that you Dave?

SK4
25-06-2017, 13:50
I admire your hubris but we're just off a season where they comprehensively pumped us 5 times out of 6.

We have not achieved anything on the pitch yet so I'd rein in your enthusiasm for now.

cw3038
25-06-2017, 13:52
Last week got us closer to them financially,we've assembled a new team,we hit the ground running they'll know they have competition.

bobs68
25-06-2017, 13:53
I think Ralph is getting a it ahead of himself. Let's do our taliking on the pitch.