PDA

View Full Version : Team for Thursday ....

mcallion
25-06-2017, 08:16
What do we reckon?

Fod

Tav cardoso bates Wallace

.........jack Rossiter.......

McKay Niko Dalcio

................,Herrera

Could see Pena for niko

albertz84
25-06-2017, 08:20
What do we reckon?

Fod

McKay Niko Dalcio

................,Herrera

Could see Pena for niko

I very much doubt the Mexicans will start but hopefully they will feature at some point

jackdaniels78
25-06-2017, 08:23
Wes

Tav Bates Cardosa Wallace

Jack Rossiter
Pena

Miller Morelos McKay

Almost impossible to predict the team and even the formation. I notice we are the shortest odds of all teams in Europe to win this week so imagine he will go with 2 strikers.

He may well go with Dalcio instead of McKay, candieas is not in the squad because he is still registered with benfica until the 1st of July apparently

albertz84
25-06-2017, 08:26
1/16 odds lol

Go_Bert_Go
25-06-2017, 08:27
Barring injury it will be the team that started and got the majority of the time vs St Johnstone:
Foderingham
Wallace
Tavernier
Cardoso
Bates
Jack
Holt
Kranjcar
Dalcio
Waghorn
Miller

Galaxy_Ranger
25-06-2017, 08:31
Fod

Tav
Cardoso
Bates
Wallace

Rossiter
Holt
Kranjcar

McKay
Morelos
Dalcio

jackdaniels78
25-06-2017, 08:33
Barring injury it will be the team that started and got the majority of the time vs St Johnstone:
Foderingham
Wallace
Tavernier
Cardoso
Bates
Jack
Holt
Kranjcar
Dalcio
Waghorn
Miller

I really hope not, we need the new players to be upto speed for the Limassol game so should be playing them

TN8
25-06-2017, 08:39
Fod
Tav Bates Cardoso Wallace
Jack Rossiter Niko
Candeias Morelos McKay

Let's be honest here though, this is pub team level. We should be able to play any XI from our squad and get a tie-ending victory.

Blue&White-Army
25-06-2017, 08:41
Fod

Tavernier
Cardoso
Mccrorie
Wallace

Jack
Pena
Krancjar

Dalcio
Herrera
Morelos

He's blue he's white
25-06-2017, 08:45
I think a few positions will still be not fully decided...

Wes
Tav Cardoso Bates Wallace
Jack Rossiter
Dalcio Niko McKay
Morelos

Would be my starting team with Pena and Herrera getting upto speed.

Admittedly I've no idea if Dalcio/Candeis are truly an upgrade on what we already had and will they truly strengthen or first 11?

If Waghorn starts then Pedro must go 😀

Go_Bert_Go
25-06-2017, 08:51
I really hope not, we need the new players to be upto speed for the Limassol game so should be playing them

Everyone in that lineup got at least an hour against St Johnstone with a view to that being the starting lineup. The only questionable one is Kranjcar and if he isn't good to go Windass will play.

strider
25-06-2017, 09:00
As others have mentioned, I'm pretty convinced it'll be the team that started the St Johnstone friendly.

Sub appearances for a few, a strong win, and use the second leg as a fitness exercise for those needing games.

Maybe Morelos will start instead of Waghorn, but that would be the only change I'd see happening.

CaptainCourageous
25-06-2017, 09:15
Foderingham
Tavernier Bates Cardoso Wallace
Jack Rossiter
Dalcio Pena Candeias
Morelos

No shoehorning strikers out wide, or setting up to accommodate certain players.

bigy
25-06-2017, 09:19
Candieas couldn't be registered for the first round.

I'd go:

________Foderingham
Tavernier_Bates__Cardoso__Wallace
McKay____Jack___Pena___Dalcio
__________Herrera__Morelos

derek5287
25-06-2017, 09:20
I would be stunned if the team wasn't the one who started against St Johnstone, given the minutes they have played in all 3 bounce games.

McKay won't be near it, Candeias is inelligable and the 2 Mexicans are at least a month away from playing so we can rule them out until the league stuff starts.

potnryan_2
25-06-2017, 09:20
Fod
Jack Rossiter Niko
Candeias Morelos McKay

Let's be honest here though, this is pub team level. We should be able to play any XI from our squad and get a tie-ending victory.

The same can be said about that Welsh mob!

Blue&White-Army
25-06-2017, 09:22
I don't think candeias can play.

ca100
25-06-2017, 09:22
I'll be surprised if it's not the team that started against st Johnstone. I'd like to see Morelos start ahead of waghorn though. Hopefully see the Mexicans get some game time off the bench.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
25-06-2017, 09:23
At a guess

Wes

Tav
Bates
Cardoso
Wallace

Jack
Holt

Waghorn
Niko
Dalcio

Miller

jackdaniels78
25-06-2017, 09:23
Everyone in that lineup got at least an hour against St Johnstone with a view to that being the starting lineup. The only questionable one is Kranjcar and if he isn't good to go Windass will play.

If we start the game with Holt and Waghorn I will be really disappointed, Morelos is match fit and has been banging the goals in for Helsinki

jdm1873
25-06-2017, 09:24
I still have concerns over Bates at the back. He tried his best last season but he is poor on the ground.

Foderingham
Tavernier McCrorie Cardosa Wallace
Jack Rossiter
McKay Krancjar Dalcio
Morelos

ifu01334
25-06-2017, 09:25
As above, Candeias not registered in time due to a quirk with Turkish FA.

Would prefer that Waghorn is nowhere near the team. Would rather stick Morelos in or use Miller in advanced role and draw from our many midfield/attacking options to replace him in the 3 behind the striker. Team for me would be:

Wes
Tav
Cardoso
McRorie
Wallace

Jack
Rossiter

Dalcio
Niko
McKay or Miller

Miller or Morelos

nelster
25-06-2017, 09:25
Folk really think Pedro suffered last season and will willingly pick McKay or Waghorn over the multitude of options he has signed

They have 2 legs and can run, doesnt matter how recently they stepped off the plane

The bad habits and tolerance of it, is over.

Go_Bert_Go
25-06-2017, 09:27
Folk really think Pedro suffered last season and will willingly pick McKay or Waghorn over the multitude of options he has signed

They have 2 legs and can run, doesnt matter how recently they stepped off the plane

Waghorn is almost a 100% cert to start on Thursday.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
25-06-2017, 09:27

For Thursday ? Yeah I do. Candeias can't play, Herrera and Morelos are just in the door and I don't seem them being up to speed to start the match.

The team this Thursday will be vastly different come August.

ca100
25-06-2017, 09:28

I think you could be in for a surprise.

stellaartois
25-06-2017, 09:30
Foderingham
Wallace
Tavernier
Cardoso
Bates
Jack
Holt
Kranjcar
Dalcio
Waghorn
Miller

I would have genuine worries in beating that mob if Holt and Waghorn started.

MearnsUnionist
25-06-2017, 09:32
There is no way either of the Mexicans will be featuring.

They've barely done any training for the past 4 weeks.

The warm up games are the best guide to who'll start on Thursday. .

Wes

Jack Rossiter

Dalcio Kranjcar Mckay

Miller

The team will change dramatically over the next few weeks as our new signings get their fitness levels up to the required standard.

I reckon Miller and Kranjcar will still have a big part to play in the season ahead, although possibly quite often from the bench.

buster
25-06-2017, 09:33
We need to start scoring goals and it looks as though we'll be relying on Kenny Miller again come Thursday.

Let's hope Progress are shit and we can get some more players up to speed for the next round.

derek5287
25-06-2017, 09:33

Wes

Jack Rossiter

Dalcio Kranjcar Mckay

Miller

The team will change dramatically over the next few weeks as our new signings get their fitness levels up to the required standard.

I reckon Miller and Kranjcar will still have a big part to play in the season ahead, although possibly quite often from the bench.

Correct mate. Mentioned it earlier in the thread, they are at least a month away from playing for us. The first we'll see of them is the league campaign.

nelster
25-06-2017, 09:41
For Thursday ? Yeah I do. Candeias can't play, Herrera and Morelos are just in the door and I don't seem them being up to speed to start the match.

The team this Thursday will be vastly different come August.

Then we should be very worried about drawing 0-0 and it getting all Kaunas

Numerous Premier League teams have embarassed themselves in our absence

And last years players were of that level

Its a crucial match wherever physically possible Pedro will want his players involved

Northampton Lodger
25-06-2017, 09:42
I don't see the problems playing the Mexicans even though they have barely had a training session. We are an extremely patient support and it's not as if anybody will be calling them duds and wanting them shipped back at the first opportunity if they don't score two or three each.

mcallion
25-06-2017, 09:50
I don't see the problems playing the Mexicans even though they have barely had a training session. We are an extremely patient support and it's not as if anybody will be calling them duds and wanting them shipped back at the first opportunity if they don't score two or three each.

Very true, I'd be tempted to start them both and see if they can get off the mark.

Plus first game, sell out and all that should give them an idea of what it means

buster
25-06-2017, 09:53
Very true, I'd be tempted to start them both and see if they can get off the mark.

Plus first game, sell out and all that should give them an idea of what it means

Playing several players that aren't up to speed is like sending an invite to calamity.

mcallion
25-06-2017, 09:54

Wes

Jack Rossiter

Dalcio Kranjcar Mckay

Miller

Agree with point about miller and kranjcar.

mcallion
25-06-2017, 09:55
Playing several players that aren't up to speed is like sending an invite to calamity.

It's not several, it's 2 max.

I think Morelos may start actually given his fitness will be up

jackdaniels78
25-06-2017, 09:56
I can see why the two Mexicans may not be ready but Morelos is match fit and should play. Caixinha said himself we have not been good enough in the last third in the last couple of games.

We are asking for trouble if we play players that continually failed last season especially under the pressure of a European night in front of a full house

Northampton Lodger
25-06-2017, 09:59
I can see why the two Mexicans may not be ready but Morelos is match fit and should play. Caixinha said himself we have not been good enough in the last third in the last couple of games.

We are asking for trouble if we play players that continually failed last season especially under the pressure of a European night in front of a full house

Morelos should be the sharpest out of everybody and plays in the position where we struggle - no brainer .

turrabear
25-06-2017, 10:00

God i really hope not.

Derek Trotter
25-06-2017, 10:01
Wes

Tav - Bates - Cardoso - Wallace

-- Jack -- Rossiter

Dalcio -- Kranjcar -- Candeias

--------- Miller

devilman
25-06-2017, 10:01
Not sure as I am not sure just how ready the new boys are. However, I am very worried about Waghorn starting. He's been absolutely pathetic in the friendlies. We don't need him up front showing how incapable he is in putting the ball in the net - we need a different option on without question.

barrymoped
25-06-2017, 10:06
Then we should be very worried about drawing 0-0 and it getting all Kaunas

Numerous Premier League teams have embarassed themselves in our absence

And last years players were of that level

Its a crucial match wherever physically possible Pedro will want his players involved

Kaunas are a level, if not several levels, above this mob. This is a team who have never won a single game in Europe. They are the club level equivalent of Gibraltar and will offer nothing more than a fitness exercise.

This team is only about half the side that will be our regular starting 11 for the season ahead in my opinion, but will still be far to much for this lot we play on Thursday.

51+3Easy
25-06-2017, 10:08
Miller at centre forward or on the bench...Love Kenny but the right wing stuff or dropping back into midfield should end forever

Ross_
25-06-2017, 10:09
I will admit I have only seen glimpses of the pre season games - why would anyone think Waghorn will start ? Surely Morelos will start seen as he's in the middle of his season and we need to slot in a few goals ?

stellaartois
25-06-2017, 10:17

:):):):):)

Total :whoosh: from mcallion ;)

FernandoTorres
25-06-2017, 10:21
Is Danny Wilson injured?

Regardless of who starts, we'll win this game by 4 or 5 goals. The teams in this stage of the Europa League are terrible, probably SPFL League 2 standard.

Big_Gordo_1873
25-06-2017, 10:22
I think Rangers will go with this....

Foderingham
Rossiter Jack
Waghorn Niko Dalcio
Morelas

MearnsUnionist
25-06-2017, 10:23
Is Danny Wilson injured?

Regardless of who starts, we'll win this game by 4 or 5 goals. The teams in this stage of the Europa League are terrible, probably SPFL League 2 standard.

Yes still injured mate.

I think it's highly unlikely we will ever see him in first team again.

PMB1872
25-06-2017, 10:30
I would go with:
Foderingham
Jack Rossiter
Morelos Kranjcar McKay
Miller

Would look for a mix of guys with experience, and the new guys. Can't see the Mexicans starting but hopefully both on the bench.

My only essential requirement is Waghorn nowhere near the first XI. Hopeless finisher.

pelem
25-06-2017, 10:49
The behind closed doors V st Johnstone I know about but who else have we played ?. Closed door game finished 0-0, yeah ?.

derek5287
25-06-2017, 10:51
The Mexicans are nowhere near playing for us!

Candeias is inelligable!

Would people take them out their teams are none of them will be playing!

Standards1972
25-06-2017, 10:56

Candeias is inelligable!

If that's true fair enough but if we're going into later qualifiers without them and still haven't secured Dorrans/McLean/Walker then we can forget about our goal of reaching the group stages.

No chance we're getting past some of the sides in Q3 with Holt and Waghorn in the team.

I wouldn't be totally confident against the Cypriots either.

BinnieBoy
25-06-2017, 10:58
Disappointing if Waghorn starts over Morelos. The lad has been playing regularly and scoring regularly. Surely he starts? He must be the most match fit player we have.

As has been said though the St Johnstone lineup probably gives a big clue about the selection for this.

I'd go:

Foderingham
Windass Jack Rossiter McKay
Miller Morelos

bigy
25-06-2017, 11:08
Candieas is out because he can't be registered till 1st July - something to do with the previous loan deal he was on not expiring till then but don't know.

For me though the Mexicans need to play on Thursday. In all seriousness no matter who we put out we should beat a team from Luxembourg - even if it's tight. After we put them out a week on Tuesday (9 days time), we then have just over a week before the Cypriots and we'll need as many of our new signings firing by then as possible.

To get them fit they need games, and i'd much rather give them time against Progres than throw them in against Limassol.

madnutter0102
25-06-2017, 11:29
Cannot believe Foderingham is still in that team, some championship or league 1 side must fancy him surely?

Skoosh1873
25-06-2017, 11:35
Are the Mexican's so far out of shape the need a month? I'd have thought they'd have been keeping themselves in decent shape knowing they were coming and we started our season early.

gers11
25-06-2017, 11:37
What do we reckon?

Fod

McKay Niko Dalcio

................,Herrera

Could see Pena for niko

Would play Cardies instead of McKay and Pena instead of Niko as i don't think he'll be match fit yet after a serious injury. Omo

jjbscotty
25-06-2017, 11:39
Why no Kenny Miller i think a lot of us are in for a surprise regarding KM i think he will start most games this season.

gers11
25-06-2017, 11:40
Foderingham
Wallace
Tavernier
Cardoso
Bates
Jack
Holt
Kranjcar
Dalcio
Waghorn
Miller

Hopefully not you've left better players out and brought in the deadwood.You need to think positive and play the new players if ready, and get prepared for the season ahead.

gers11
25-06-2017, 11:43
Fod

Tavernier
Cardoso
Mccrorie
Wallace

Jack
Pena
Krancjar

Dalcio
Herrera
Morelos

Quite like the look of that side buddy, could be qorth a try.

Go_Bert_Go
25-06-2017, 11:43
Hopefully not you've left better players out and brought in the deadwood.You need to think positive and play the new players if ready, and get prepared for the season ahead.

Not me picking the team! But that will be the starting XI barring injury. And like I said if Niko doesn't make it Windass will play whether people like it or not!

HLAS
25-06-2017, 11:44
Wes

Tav Cardoso Mccrorie Wallace

Jack Rossiter

Mckay Pena Dalcio

Miller/Morelos

If Waghorn starts I'll be ****ing gutted

gers11
25-06-2017, 11:45
Foderingham
Jack Rossiter
Dalcio Pena Candeias
Morelos

No shoehorning strikers out wide, or setting up to accommodate certain players.

This also looks a very good selection, it looks as if it's got a bit of shape about it.

NewAmsterdamLive
25-06-2017, 11:47
Think it'll be the XI that has started the friendlies:
Fod
Tav
Cardoso
Bates
Wallace
Jack
Holt
Kranjcar
Dalcio
Miller
Waghorn

Hope to **** Waghorn doesn't start though

cav
25-06-2017, 11:47
I would go with:
Foderingham
Jack Rossiter
Morelos Kranjcar McKay
Miller

Would look for a mix of guys with experience, and the new guys. Can't see the Mexicans starting but hopefully both on the bench.

My only essential requirement is Waghorn nowhere near the first XI. Hopeless finisher.

^I'd hope for that as well,although kinda like a 4-4-2 with Miller and Morelos up front and Kranjcar tucking in from the right to be more central allowing space for Tav to exploit.

MearnsUnionist
25-06-2017, 11:56
Why no Kenny Miller i think a lot of us are in for a surprise regarding KM i think he will start most games this season.

I don't think he'll start most games this season, but he's an absolute cert to start on Thursday.

WATP73
25-06-2017, 11:57
I'd go:

Foderingham
Rossiter Jack
Dalcio Krancjar McKay
Morelas

Subs: Alnwick, Beerman, Miller, Pena, Barjonas, Waghorn, Herrera

brian260186
25-06-2017, 11:59

Candeias is inelligable!

Why did we make sure they were registered for this round then?

wsb&warmy
Unfortunately I think the 11 that started against St Johnstone in the closed door game will start this Thursday night.

So in my opinion the team that will start, but certainly not the team that i want to start, will be:

Foderingham
Tavernier
Bates
Cardoso
Wallace
Jack
Holt
Kranjcar
Dalcio
Waghorn
Miller

wsb&warmy
Why did we make sure they were registered for this round then?

I'd imagine they'll feature in the away leg.

wsb&warmy
25-06-2017, 12:03
I'd go:

Foderingham
Rossiter Jack
Dalcio Krancjar McKay
Morelas

Subs: Alnwick, Beerman, Miller, Pena, Barjonas, Waghorn, Herrera

Take McKay out for Miller and that is exactly the starting 11 I'd go with. Reason being is McKay only featured in the first of the three bounce games so I doubt he'll start on Thursday night, if he's involved at all.

CM13
25-06-2017, 12:13
Wes

Tav
Cardoso
Bates
Wallace

Rossiter
Jack

Dalcio
Niko
McKay

Morales

That's what I would like to see. Not sure if McKay is fit though. Also wouldn't really surprise me to see holt & Miller in instead of Rossiter and Morales.

brian260186
25-06-2017, 12:16
I'd imagine they'll feature in the away leg.

Ment to reply to his other comment that said they were over a month away from playing

bornabluenose
25-06-2017, 12:17
Think it'll be the XI that has started the friendlies:
Fod
Tav
Cardoso
Bates
Wallace
Jack
Holt
Kranjcar
Dalcio
Miller
Waghorn

Hope to **** Waghorn doesn't start thoughBefore I get slated ,anything I say about Waghorn is not a personal insult.

Morelos should start for me ,Waghorn is not the answer .

GeneralWhit
25-06-2017, 12:19
I can't be the only one that thinks Wilson is better than Bates?

Go_Bert_Go
25-06-2017, 12:29

Wilson's not fit. The only available CBs are Cardoso, Bates & Mcrorie

strider
25-06-2017, 12:33
Wilson's not fit. The only available CBs are Cardoso, Bates & Mcrorie

I think he's meaning Aidan Wilson?

MearnsUnionist
25-06-2017, 12:36

I assume you're talking about young Aidan Wilson as Danny is injured?

He's still very young and isn't ready for 1st team action.

He is a good young prospect and has plenty time on his side.

As for Danny Wilson, when he's fit I fully expect him to be behind both Bates and McCrorie in the pecking order.

He's had countless chances and he simply cannot defend, particularly at set pieces.

ICA_86
25-06-2017, 13:09
Cannot believe Foderingham is still in that team, some championship or league 1 side must fancy him surely?

What are you on about?

Jardine2
25-06-2017, 13:12
and the 2 Mexicans are at least a month away from playing .

I'm not doubting you here or having a dig but how do you come to this conclusion?

As far as i know, they both played for their last clubs on 7/5 which i know is some time ago but how does that equate to being a month away from playing for us?

Surely after 7 weeks off they'll be fresh & raring to go...the only way they'll get "Match fit" is by playing games?

tdb1873
25-06-2017, 13:16
Candieas couldn't be registered for the first round.

I'd go:

________Foderingham
Tavernier_Bates__Cardoso__Wallace
McKay____Jack___Pena___Dalcio
__________Herrera__Morelos

This for me with Miller for Herrera.
Predict 4.0 Morelos 3 miller

Beattie
25-06-2017, 13:17
I'd normally think the Mexicans wouldn't be involved on Thursday either but to the best of my knowledge, squads are registered for each round of qualifying and they've been registered for this.

Would that have happened if they didn't have a chance of featuring?

bornabluenose
25-06-2017, 14:01
I'd normally think the Mexicans wouldn't be involved on Thursday either but to the best of my knowledge, squads are registered for each round of qualifying and they've been registered for this.

Would that have happened if they didn't have a chance of featuring?Second leg if anything , for me .

NSGB
25-06-2017, 14:01
Wes
Jack Rossiter
Niko
Dalcio Morelos Miller

DylanGer
25-06-2017, 14:02
It won't be a popular decision but if Candeias and the Mexicans aren't quite up to speed I would put Joey Garner in to rumble these minnows up.......

brian260186
25-06-2017, 14:04
Wes
Jack Rossiter
Niko
Dalcio Morelos Miller

I agree with this team

Northampton Lodger
25-06-2017, 14:12
It won't be a popular decision but if Candeias and the Mexicans aren't quite up to speed I would put Joey Garner in to rumble these minnows up.......

We signing him back from Ipswich,

Ubik
25-06-2017, 14:12

ipswich's joey garner?

_BlueNose_
25-06-2017, 14:19
Wes
Jack Rossiter
Pena/Niko
Dalcio Miller Morelos

Skoosh1873
25-06-2017, 14:19

"We've not got.....Joey Garner.....Joey Garner."

DylanGer
25-06-2017, 14:27
Caught more than I thought...read the thread.:D

melbbear
25-06-2017, 14:28
Fod
Jack Rossiter Niko
Candeias Morelos McKay

Remember tims thought that last year and got beat 1-0from pub team.

Dogbert
25-06-2017, 14:39
Wes
Jack Rossiter
Niko
Dalcio Morelos Miller

Now this team seems a bit more like it.

Miller cam help Morales through his first action.

The Mexicans can then get 30mins in the second half hopefully as we're 3 or 4 up.

whitbyontbear
25-06-2017, 14:55

Oh goodie goodie. Hope we don't lose a goal early.

nelster
25-06-2017, 14:58
Just a reminder

Aberdeen were drawing 1-1 with Fola Esch on June 30th 2016 before 2 injury time goals rescued them

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36661039

They then lost 1-0 in Luxembourg

Anyone that thinks a Rangers team full of most of last seasons failures will breeze it is in for a shock

ahmnoatim
25-06-2017, 15:04
Foderingham
Tav Bates Cardosa Wallace
McKay Jack Rossiter Dalcio
Miller Morelos

Cottonbudjoe
25-06-2017, 15:08
IGoing by the pre-season matches I think it will be:

Wes
Jack Holt
Miller Kranjcar Dalcio
Waghorn

I'd have this though:

Wes
Jack Rossiter
Dodoo Kranjcar Dalcio
Morelos

I'm guessing it's too early for Pena and Herrera

Sparky_72
25-06-2017, 15:38
Shuddering at the thought of Waghorn starting:eek:

Let's see the Goaleador Pedro, halfway into season with Helsinki so should be well up to speed

BinnieBoy
25-06-2017, 15:42
Ffs I put Windass in and forgot Niko and Dalcio. What a nightmare haha.

mpayton15277
25-06-2017, 15:46
:):):):):)

Total :whoosh: from mcallion ;)

Hahaha :):)

Blue Sea Of Ibrox
25-06-2017, 15:47
Holt is a cert to start over rossiter imo.

Miller will start. Waghorn will probably start.

DYNAMO_ROSCO
25-06-2017, 15:56
I'll be extremely happy if Holt and waghorn aren't in the starting line up

RupertDeBoer
25-06-2017, 15:58

I'm so glad we don't fly off the handle and make rash judgements about new signings :)

I would rather play without a striker than play Waghorn though...maybe Pedro is hoping Progres are duff and that if the ball bounces off him and into the net that someone will buy him :D

GeneralWhit
25-06-2017, 17:01

Sorry forgot to add A.wilson not Danny !

True Blue Trooper
25-06-2017, 17:13
Foderingham

..............Jack Niko

Dalcio......................McKay

.....................Morelos
...............Miller

I think Morelos has been training long enough that he could make the starting XI.

Rossiter for Jack, Pena to come on for niko and Herrera for Morelos.

CaptainCourageous
25-06-2017, 17:27
Holt is a cert to start over rossiter imo.

Miller will start. Waghorn will probably start.

Why, Holt offers absolutely nothing.

Rossiter can tackle, pass, break up play, has positional sense, awareness and bite. Holt is powder puff and useless.

Boogie Man
25-06-2017, 17:31
At a guess

Wes

Tav
Bates
Cardoso
Wallace

Jack
Holt

Waghorn
Niko
Dalcio

Miller

I ****ing hope not.

I don't want to see Waghorn and Miller up front or we will struggle to score even against this mob.

freddyflintoff
25-06-2017, 17:50
Foderingham
Tavernier Wilson Cardoso Wallace
Jack Rossiter
Morelos Kranjcar Dalcio
Miller

CaptainCourageous
25-06-2017, 18:22
Is Morelos not a striker?

strider
25-06-2017, 18:28
Is Morelos not a striker?

JJ said he can play any of the forward positions when describing him.

I think for us he'll be seen through the middle in the main, though.

jackdaniels78
25-06-2017, 19:15
After watching the highlights of the last couple of games I am thinking a 50% fit Herrera can only be an improvement on Waghorn, Miller also not looking very sharp.

We looked better when candieas came on (I know he is unavailable) and actually thought dalcio looks quite promising

CaptainCourageous
25-06-2017, 19:17
Candeias not registered for this round?

wsb&warmy
25-06-2017, 19:18
Why, Holt offers absolutely nothing.

Rossiter can tackle, pass, break up play, has positional sense, awareness and bite. Holt is powder puff and useless.

I agree with you CC but I also agree with BSOI in that Holt will probably play ahead of Rossiter on Thursday unfortunately, just for the sheer fact Holt has had a lot more game time in the 3 friendlies than Rossiter.

wsb&warmy
25-06-2017, 19:19
Candeias not registered for this round?

No. His registration took too long coming back from Turkey or something like that?

markwrfc
25-06-2017, 19:49
The thought of Bates being one of our 4 CBs is terrifying! Anyone genuinely believing he is an upgrade on Wilson or even Kiernan is kidding themselves on.

RangersLoyal1990
25-06-2017, 19:56
The thought of Bates being one of our 4 CBs is terrifying! Anyone genuinely believing he is an upgrade on Wilson or even Kiernan is kidding themselves on.

Bates is nowhere near as bad as people are making out, he will be in the squad and used when needed. He's a bit shakey on the ball sometimes but he wins tackles, is decent in the air and at passing plus he isn't as slow as people say, Bates will only improve with training and playing with Alves.

aldojack
25-06-2017, 20:14
Fod
Rossitter Jack
Niko
Dalcio Miller McKay

napierbear
25-06-2017, 21:12
Wes
Tav
Bates
Cardoso
Wallace
Jack
Holt
Niko
Miller
Waghorn
Candeias

Wouldn't be my 11 though. I expect Morelos to get some game time.

Oosy troosers
25-06-2017, 21:20
Bates is nowhere near as bad as people are making out, he will be in the squad and used when needed. He's a bit shakey on the ball sometimes but he wins tackles, is decent in the air and at passing plus he isn't as slow as people say, Bates will only improve with training and playing with Alves.

I've said it on here before, it is very rare that I criticise one of our players.

David Bates is one of those rarities.

He is never good enough for Rangers, never will be. A terrible footballer.

Alcatraz Loyal
25-06-2017, 21:22
I think a few positions will still be not fully decided...

Wes
Jack Rossiter
Dalcio Niko McKay
Morelos

Would be my starting team with Pena and Herrera getting upto speed.

Admittedly I've no idea if Dalcio/Candeis are truly an upgrade on what we already had and will they truly strengthen or first 11?

If Waghorn starts then Pedro must go 😀

That would be my starting line up as well. If not Morelos then Miller.

wsb&warmy
25-06-2017, 21:48
Wes
Tav
Bates
Cardoso
Wallace
Jack
Holt
Niko
Miller
Waghorn
Candeias

Wouldn't be my 11 though. I expect Morelos to get some game time.

Candeias isn't eligible to play this round mate. Swap him for Dalcio and that'll probably be the team.

bucks72
25-06-2017, 22:27
Fod
Tav A.Wilson Cardoso Wallace
Jack Rossiter Pena
Moreno Herrera Dalcio