PDA

View Full Version : King...Celtic didn't do as much as they could have in that 4 years.

ItsInTheNet
22-06-2017, 22:42
DAVE KING insists Celtic aren’t as far ahead of Rangers as they should be as he targets a Light Blue title challenge this term.

The Gers finished a distant third on their return to the Premiership last season and also suffered Old Firm heartache in the semi-finals of the League Cup and Scottish Cup.

Mark Warburton’s side were beaten 5-1 at Parkhead in September before Pedro Caixinha saw his first derby at Ibrox end with a similarly comprehensive defeat.

The Portuguese has the task of overcoming a Celtic side that went unbeaten in the league and clinched the domestic Treble under Brendan Rodgers.

But Ibrox chairman King believes Caixinha’s overhauled outfit can run the Hoops close as they gear up for the new Premiership campaign.

He said: “I think realistically running Celtic close would be good. They are coming off a high and it will be difficult for them to repeat what they did for obvious reasons.

“In footballing terms, I don’t think Celtic are as far ahead as they could have been – certainly with our new signings.

“Given that we were in the wilderness for four years I don’t think that Celtic did as much in that four years as they could have done.

“We are clearly behind them squad-wise but I really would expect to give them a run. You never know how the season is going to go and I certainly don’t expect a repeat of last season.

“For the resources, we had relative to Aberdeen we should have been somewhere in between. If we had been 16 behind Celtic and 16 ahead of them that would be right in terms of us outspending.

“For us to finish so dismally behind Aberdeen was very disappointing especially as we had made resources available.”

pennyblack
22-06-2017, 22:44
Hmm. I disagree. Last season they were miles ahead. We need to do our talking on the pitch and leave the media bates to them. They of course could have done several trebles and failed.

Stop talking about them.

DeneRFC
22-06-2017, 22:46
He's right to an extent. If they didn't have Delia they'd be even further ahead than us at this moment.

Prometheus
22-06-2017, 22:47
He's right. They were crap until last season.

TorinoFC
22-06-2017, 22:48
My one criticism of Dave King if I had to make one would be he mentions them far too much . Did it during the press conference yesterday as well.

I noticed he didn't do it on his recorded rtv interview he said " local challengers " which I much prefer .

SouthSideBlueNose
22-06-2017, 22:48
They are 2 players better off than a decent rangers team this season.

For how far ahead they should be that's pretty terrible.

They also only managed to win one treble the whole time we were away and have only started to look a half decent domestic team in the last year.

I can see where he's coming from and I like how he's still implied they should win it but you never know.

Garak
22-06-2017, 22:50
Our victory on penalties forced them into action and they went all out. That was bound to happen at some point anyway. The only positive is that they can't try any harder than they have been doing, so we know what we're up against. Improve our results against the rest of the tripe and we can put pressure on them.

ItsInTheNet
22-06-2017, 22:50
Without a doubt he is right. They were in a rut for the first 3 years and their signings and management reflected that while their ground lay half empty for home games due to the level of entertainment.

bluenosejimmy
22-06-2017, 22:51
My one criticism of Dave King if I had to make one would be he mentions them far too much . Did it during the press conference yesterday as well.

I noticed he didn't do it on his recorded rtv interview he said " local challengers " which I much prefer .

I agree, I would prefer he said "our rivals" rather than constantly mention them by name

southsideblueblood
22-06-2017, 22:51
Honestly, concentrate on our progress. They have just won the treble unbeaten ( standard is pish). I'd be laughing the other way round. The gap last year was miles... Hopefully that's the last time. Also don't think this helps pressure on manager.

bluenose al
22-06-2017, 22:52
One thing is for sure, Davie king doesn't like the smeltic I get the impression he doesn't like losing at anything.

dh1963
22-06-2017, 22:53
I prefer it if we say nothing about them and do any talking about how good we are on the pitch.

Davyfaethenavy
He needs to reign in that kind of talk because the media will gladly hype and mis interpret what he says. We know that they will respond to our signings with bigger spending on bigger names as they will be desperate to put us back in our box.
Best keep quiet about them and our intentions for next season.

jackdaniels78
He's right they were just going through the motions until last season, that being said I would rather we just focused on ourselves

ItsInTheNet
Honestly, concentrate on our progress. They have just won the treble unbeaten ( standard is pish). I'd be laughing the other way round. The gap last year was miles... Hopefully that's the last time. Also don't think this helps pressure on manager.

Nothing much wrong with letting the manager and players know what is expected from them.

Totaalvoetbal
22-06-2017, 22:54
I expected those ****s to win a treble every season we were gone and if they're honest with themselves, so did they.

Last season was the first decent one they've had in 5 years.

AlwaysLoyal
22-06-2017, 22:54
You can look at it both ways really.

They completely squandered three years with Delila. Then last season they made massive strides forward by getting in the CL, winning a treble and going unbeaten. The stark reality is they increased the gulf massively. The gap between us and them, from a strictly competitive points tally view, was as great as it had ever been in the history of the league. Now they hardly strengthened significantly so you have to put it down to Rodgers having a significant influence.

I don't think talking about where Celtic are is how we should be approaching this season. I don't really want to hear anyone from our camp saying how Celtic can't have a season like that again.

permatan
22-06-2017, 22:56
Have to disagree.

If we went the whole season unbeaten, pocketed £30mil from CL and smashed the tims 5-1 in their own midden, we would be raving about how far ahead we were.

King has done a fantastic job but I'd rather we focus on ourselves. We still have a long way to go

henrywatson115
22-06-2017, 22:56
Sorry I wish we shut up n do our job .They are miles ahead in every department and every aspect

Kaiser
22-06-2017, 22:58
I would ask every Rangers fan to refer to them as "them'. Unless like me you ignore the carpet sweepers completely.

Brian Laudrup
22-06-2017, 22:58
I would much prefer it if he never spoke about them full stop

JSM
22-06-2017, 23:00
I would much prefer it if he never spoke about them full stop

This 100%. Why on earth is he commenting on them when there s so much positivity about what's happening in house right now.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
22-06-2017, 23:01
Oh Dave mate.

Why ?

alpha
I expected those ****s to win a treble every season we were gone and if they're honest with themselves, so did they.

Last season was the first decent one they've had in 5 years.

Absolutely it was a penalty kick every year for them and will forever rightly haunt them they failed when given a golden opportunity - hahaha

Captain_Buns
King sounding off again will only come back to haunt us

Archibald Leitch
22-06-2017, 23:02
Hmm. I disagree. Last season they were miles ahead. We need to do our talking on the pitch and leave the media bates to them. They of course could have done several trebles and failed.

Stop talking about them.

Possibly my only gripe with DK - he mentions them way too often for my liking.

devilman
22-06-2017, 23:03
I think it puts a bit of pressure on them to be honest. Certainly encourages them to respond in a usually poor way. Yes, it's not ideal if we don't perform next season but hey!

cullybear
22-06-2017, 23:04
Hopefully "the invincibles" realise that they are so far ahead of us that they do not have to spend much in pre season, and that the league title is a formality. Especially with King Brendan in charge. Maybe they can even afford to flog their £30m striker too.

devilman
22-06-2017, 23:04
King sounding off again will only come back to haunt us

Yes, he's made an arse of it so far.

The_Glorious_12th
22-06-2017, 23:06
I'll never understand this desire of King's to give them something to pin on their dressing-room wall.

We've had a week that dreams are made of, why even bring the filth into it?

Popbear
22-06-2017, 23:11
Mr king has played a blinder all week, why talk about them now? We will challenge this year , hopefully, but they should still win the title.

AlwaysLoyal
22-06-2017, 23:17
Hopefully "the invincibles" realise that they are so far ahead of us that they do not have to spend much in pre season, and that the league title is a formality. Especially with King Brendan in charge. Maybe they can even afford to flog their £30m striker too.

I don't see them spending unless their champions league qualifiers go against them.

It's by no means a guarantee they get to the group stages. It's probably all but forgotten now but in their qualifiers last year they only beat an Azerbaijani team 1-0 on aggregate due to an injury time penalty, then subsequently folded in Israel where Beer Sheba also missed a penalty.

It's apparent to me we're not going to catch them by being amazing ourselves, we clearly need Celtic to "come back" towards us a bit. We can't bridge a 35-40 point gap without that being the case. I do think it would be preferable for us for Rodgers to depart sooner rather than later. The question is how and in what circumstance will that happen. He's still not going to be in the thinking of the top English clubs. Should they fail to get into the CL his interest in Celtic might wane...but then with his stock diminished in England who would take him?

Jacrispy
22-06-2017, 23:21
There's a certain irony in the complaints on a forum that can't stop discussing them. Usually half the threads on the first page are tim related.

I concede though that he should tone it down and choose his words more carefully

Boogie Man
22-06-2017, 23:24
Whenever that wee arse O Neill spoke about us in his first year he constantly said we were the standard to be met and other such nonsense.
The reason for this is to take the pressure of his team and also as a way to motivate them.

King and the Boards actions this summer have been amazing after last season, sorting out the merchandising I never thought we would do.
However I would prefer if Mr King left the football matters to the manager and he didn't put pressure on them through the media.

ICA_86
22-06-2017, 23:24
Half the threads on here are about them, so let's not start this pishy criticism when he was asked a question.

And for what's it's worth, he's right. Deila's done us a favour, he was absolutely useless.

Livingston Bear
22-06-2017, 23:27
Stop talking about Celtic Dave.

Please!?

Stivenstoune
22-06-2017, 23:32
It's hard to admit but they are the standard bearer and it is where we need to be and Mr. King is right to say so, but his cheeky dig at the simple fact that hey have under achieved should give them something to think about.

Archibald Leitch
22-06-2017, 23:47
I don't see them spending unless their champions league qualifiers go against them.

It's by no means a guarantee they get to the group stages. It's probably all but forgotten now but in their qualifiers last year they only beat an Azerbaijani team 1-0 on aggregate due to an injury time penalty, then subsequently folded in Israel where Beer Sheba also missed a penalty.

It's apparent to me we're not going to catch them by being amazing ourselves, we clearly need Celtic to "come back" towards us a bit. We can't bridge a 35-40 point gap without that being the case. I do think it would be preferable for us for Rodgers to depart sooner rather than later. The question is how and in what circumstance will that happen. He's still not going to be in the thinking of the top English clubs. Should they fail to get into the CL his interest in Celtic might wane...but then with his stock diminished in England who would take him?

Why should we hope for success based upon them being weakened? I really hope he sticks around as it will make 'Gers victory so much sweeter.

tazzabear
22-06-2017, 23:55
Without a doubt he is right. They were in a rut for the first 3 years and their signings and management reflected that while their ground lay half empty for home games due to the level of entertainment.

Of course, he is correct, 100% correct.
However, I'd be much happier if we would just stop talking about them in any official capacity whatsoever.
More than that, I'd be even happier if we stopped providing their motivation.

tazzabear
22-06-2017, 23:59
Why should we hope for success based upon them being weakened? I really hope he sticks around as it will make 'Gers victory so much sweeter.

I think it's quite simple here.
Number one priority for us is to get to, well, number one.
If that's facilitated by septic losing their manager, good.

bearspaw
23-06-2017, 00:02
I agree, I would prefer he said "our rivals" rather than constantly mention them by name

F***k that, refer to them as "them" or the other team

Stirling Bear
23-06-2017, 00:11
I think rodgers seems to do well turning squads around. If they crash out of the cl before the group stages that would be fantastic for us. That will force them them to try and sell to make up the cash likely dembele.

Hopfully then we would see rodgers buy loads of dross ala his second season at liverpool.

Alcatraz Loyal
23-06-2017, 00:12
I've no problem with King giving an honest opinion (if that's what it is) about the filth. I want King to despise them and, what's more, I want that feeling about them to drive what he does for Rangers. I want him to help make this club the best it can possibly be, not just because he loves Rangers but also because he loathes them and the part they played in what happened to us the last 5 or 6 years.

mpayton15277
23-06-2017, 00:20
He's obviously setting out his expectations for the season, something plenty of people want to know. The scum are who we want to catch so that's why they're mentioned. It doesn't matter what he says he's criticised because he hasn't said what 50k different people wanted him to say.

Zorg
23-06-2017, 00:28
Hear hear Dave King, feck them . Their players quick enough to talk up another unbeaten season so get after them.....great stuff.

Laurie1872
23-06-2017, 01:09
I agree with what he's said, they were utter pish until they secured the services of the tranny shagger.

The Bridge
23-06-2017, 01:18
How many trebles without us? Nope, they had a season where a manager and a few players raised the bar. This is not insurmountable by any means.

USABear
23-06-2017, 01:26
There's a certain irony in the complaints on a forum that can't stop discussing them. Usually half the threads on the first page are tim related.

I concede though that he should tone it down and choose his words more carefully

That's why we are laughed at when we call them 'obsessed'.

Omit them from out discussion unless we defeat them or are laughing at them being defeated.

melbbear
23-06-2017, 02:20
He is right in the respect that should have won more trebles. He's not saying we will win the league just that we will be closer this year. Media will always twist that little bit. As far as running the club I think we are now on equal terms . On the park well will have to wait and see. Will take good few games for player status to gell.

Northampton Lodger
23-06-2017, 04:17
I think Celtic are at a crossroads. They have good/very good players in every position to replace them with a higher standard they need to dig very deep. Do they take that chance and end up with a few big names that flop and cost them a fortune or do they go again with the same . I think they will refresh in a few key areas with like for like and won't get anywhere near as lucky.

We will still be a season away from the real challenge. I don't think we can expect a new team to hit the ground running in June and still be performing in May. We need Pena, Herrara and Morelos to perform or we will again throw points away to the likes of Hearts, Aberdeeen etc.

barrheadbear
23-06-2017, 05:29

Stop talking about them.

Totally agree, only gives the mhedia ammunition to fire at us.when or if thinks go tits up.

Virgil Hilts
23-06-2017, 05:47
I get what he's saying and it's true they took the cheap option and marked time with Dalia when they could have forged ahead in the first three years. However I fear they were being canny for a reason which we saw last year. The kept the money to throw at their side upon our return knowing they could beat the rest of Scottish football with ease in our absence. I expect they will do similar this year and indeed will continue to do so as long as they land CL football. We need to hope for a wee bit of luck to break the cycle, failure to qualify for the CL groups, Rogers tempted away elsewhere along with their star players, a replacement 'big' signing not coming off, and we need to be ready to grab our chance when it presents itself. Whether it's this season, next season, or the one after that, we need to be close enough that we can capitalize when misfortune strikes them as it surely will. Once we get CL football at Ibrox the cycle of their dominance will be broken

slickrick
23-06-2017, 05:53
He is totally right. If they had qualified for the champions league three years In a row and invested that money in there team they would be miles ahead, maybe even out of sight. The only thing that would have held them back would have been Scottish Football itself. But they screwed it up for 4/5 years and last season was as much to do with us and Scottish football been rotten as it was them going unbeaten. As much as we hate Hibs and other teams we need them in the league to take points off them.
If you have a league with Hamilton, Patrick T and your Ross County's then its tough for teams to take points off them as they have spent much more than the rest of us and that's just a fact.

mitchellmccoist
23-06-2017, 07:04
They done nothing for 3 years and then 1 summer window pushed them 4 years ahead.

Fingers crossed 1 summer window had brought us back at least a few of those years

barrymoped
23-06-2017, 07:14
I love King but his one flaw for me is saying what he thinks all the time when sometimes saying nothing at all would be better.
Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with letting Pedro know what he expects from him but saying these sorts of things in public just gives the papers great headlines and gives the haters days worth of ammo to slag us off with.
Having said that, with the amount of bloody great things happening around our club lately King has earned the right to say whatever he likes!

gourockblue50
23-06-2017, 07:24

Stop talking about them.

That is the only season they were miles ahead. I cannot see why you see it differently. They should have been investing and winning the treble every season we weren't there.

GBTQ
23-06-2017, 07:26
He's right. They were crap until last season.

I don't get this logic at all. So they were crap until it mattered and found another gear. We are still behind them until we know if the recruitment has been good or not no one knows.

The Big Cheese
23-06-2017, 08:08
Just browsed through this thread and the panty wetting is unbelievable.
Seems to me some of you can't wait to have a wee dig at our chairman.
What did he say that wasn't accurate?

He merely stated the blindingly obvious and anybody believing this will add to their motivation is a dullard. Hate is their only motivation.

The Treble Kings
23-06-2017, 08:09
Celtic should've won Trebles virtually every season. We were out the Premiership and so were Hearts and Hibs for a time, ffs. That Celtic didn't whitewash the opposition every season is scandalous and embarrassing for them and they and their supporters know it.

Haining84
23-06-2017, 08:10
F**k the tims.Auld Davie boy knows how to wind>:) them right up.

artificialintoleranz
23-06-2017, 08:16
I prefer it if we say nothing about them and do any talking about how good we are on the pitch.

Got to agree.

King likes to talk and make a statement. In fairness he usually does deliver but the time scale in which it is possible to deliver means celtc could be ramming those words down our throats for a season or two.

stayfor90mins
23-06-2017, 08:18
[QUOTE=The Treble Kings;25384674]Celtic should've won Trebles virtually every season. We were out the Premiership and so were Hearts and Hibs for a time, ffs. That Celtic didn't whitewash the opposition every season is scandalous and embarrassing for them and they and their supporters know it.[/QUOTE

A great summary of what Dave King said or was trying to say:D

Marcellus Wallace
23-06-2017, 08:26
Usual knickers in a twist at the mere mention of them. Not to mention them by name is behaviour akin to theirs not ours!
King is merely stating that they should be further ahead- which most seem to agree with.
He at no time suggests the gap is close.

Maybe we've had too much positivity lately and some are now looking to bring us back down to earth with a bump!!

buster
23-06-2017, 08:36
I wish he'd learn his lesson and not get into any detail re. on-field expectation levels.

Deacon_Frost
23-06-2017, 08:46
We should bring in another couple of quality players and we can push them this season

Ubik
23-06-2017, 08:47
he really didnt need to mention any of this... sometimes i wish he would keep his mouth shut

boris
23-06-2017, 08:48
DK was right in what he said but it is irrelevant as we`re not playing Delia`s team this season. They`re night and day different now and we must plan accordingly and not rely on them suddenly reverting to team of 2 years ago.

commentator
23-06-2017, 08:49
Lot of folk on here concerned with what the mhedia write. Surely, we've learned that what we say doesn't matter, they'll attack us, it's what they do.
Ignore the mhedia, guys. Genuinely ignore them.

Bossman J
23-06-2017, 08:50

Absolutely bang on the money!

King should concentrate on Rangers and the challenges ahead.

MearnsUnionist
23-06-2017, 08:53
Don't see anything wrong in what he said.

He was clearly asked the question by a journo and gave an honest reply.

We should have been closer to them last season no question.

Yes, they went through the domestic season unbeaten in a dreadful standard of league that included the worst ever Gers side in the top division.

They stumbled through every Champions League qualifying round before getting well and truly pumped in the group stages.

Of course we should be giving them a far better run for their money than last season.

What's wrong with saying that if you're asked the question?

ICA_86
'Concentrate on Rangers'

😂😂😂

Aye, one little statement regarding a question posed to him about Celtic's progress somehow nullifies the last two years of blood, sweat and tears he and the board have put in to free the club from the clutches of Ashley.

Man the **** up - I think he's done plenty of concentrating on Rangers.

Bossman J
he really didnt need to mention any of this... sometimes i wish he would keep his mouth shut

Couldn't agree more.

Everyone at Rangers should keep their traps firmly shut until we are Champions of Scotland. Let's do our talking where it really matters.

mpayton15277
23-06-2017, 08:55
That's why we are laughed at when we call them 'obsessed'.

Omit them from out discussion unless we defeat them or are laughing at them being defeated.

We call them obsessed for poring over our accounts, tax affairs, creating accounts in our name, writing blogs all about Rangers especially when we weren't near the same league.

It's slightly different from talking about your league rivals players and manager.

Graemelins
23-06-2017, 08:56
I think that's a great interview.

Sets expectation for the squad right from the top. And let's face it, despite what anyone says, challenging for the title is absolutely the expectation that we will all have.

Also, winds up the tims. If I was chairman of Rangers, I couldn't resist that either.

While he's at it, gets a bit of afters in against Warburton too.

Brilliant! :)

ifu01334
23-06-2017, 08:56
No real need for this type of comment. The previous four years were irrelevant for them, last season they accelerated away from us. We are starting again this season also, so could argue we could have made more progress in that period.

Wish DK would tone down this type of chat externally, keep it for the boardroom or internal chats. Let's see how we start and how the new players bed in before we start promising the world.

Positivity and small steps

Moodymann
23-06-2017, 08:58
Better to do our talking on the park. Everything else is opinion.

Just my view but I'd personally prefer if we had a ban at club level even mentioning them in any interviews.

If the press want to bring them up, we should be simply saying 'we're only here to talk about this club' and leave it at that.

noucamp72
23-06-2017, 09:01
Mr King,do us a favour,in future make no reference to that rancid club whatsoever.

Just concentrate on Rangers and nothing else please.

barryhopez
23-06-2017, 09:13
Have to disagree.

If we went the whole season unbeaten, pocketed £30mil from CL and smashed the tims 5-1 in their own midden, we would be raving about how far ahead we were.

King has done a fantastic job but I'd rather we focus on ourselves. We still have a long way to go

Bingo!!!!!!!

St Matthew 18: 1-6
23-06-2017, 14:11
DK is wrong in one very vital point.

We are miles behind them in influence in the corridors of power in Scottish football and this would be a real issue if next season is tight.
Lawwell's influence has insured that you have to be from a certain demographic to obtain a position at the SFA. Almost all who have been headhunted comply with this. Jesus! they even appointed a Celtic-Minded racist, misogynistic bigot in the shape of Malky McKay. The Compliance Officer job is a closed shop, Compliant officer would be a more apt title. The Scott Brown scenario was so obviously gerrymandered to suit Celtic that it was beyond parody. The fact that it was not held up to scrutiny by the Scottish media further highlights how far we have yet to travel.

Drumchapel-Bear
23-06-2017, 14:27
They just done a treble and had an unprecedented season unbeaten domestically. I wish King would stick to what he's good at which is dealing with the business side of the club rather than flapping his gums about the football side of things, he's clueless with regards to the football side of it.

Garak
23-06-2017, 14:44
My head always goes down when King makes comments like this. We are in no position to criticise them right now, unless it's about their sordid past.

Whitey_22
23-06-2017, 14:50
King often comes out with strange things like this that leave him open to attack. Celtic dropped, what, 4 points in the league season? Not much they could have done to be further ahead!

tintin69
23-06-2017, 15:15
My head always goes down when King makes comments like this. We are in no position to criticise them right now, unless it's about their sordid past.

Got to agree. Stupid thing to say after they have just won a treble unbeaten and lifted a shitload of cash from Europe. Makes his look stupid and obsessed.

We have just had the best week in years. DK should ignore them. Lets concentrate on ourselves.

AlwaysLoyal
23-06-2017, 16:49

Thats the idealistic view. Our natural superiority over them will come to the fore on a level playing field and 55 will arrive imminently.

The more practical view is Rodgers has rejuvinated a badly underachieving team, and they'd be far weakened without him

CathkinHi
23-06-2017, 17:17
King often comes out with strange things like this that leave him open to attack. Celtic dropped, what, 4 points in the league season? Not much they could have done to be further ahead!

It's a fault he has, letting his guard down to errant Tim journalists feeding him leading questions.

He has to be always wary with these cXnts.

DylanGer
23-06-2017, 17:53
He can be too honest at times and speaks his mind too easily. There are aspects of what he said are true but he's been watching football long enough not to say anything about who we've signed until he sees how they adapt to life at Rangers.

He needs to avoid these types of questions by being more diplomatic-the time to wind them up is when we are ahead of them-if you feel the need to do it.

edu93mins
23-06-2017, 17:54
He is totally correct. They achieved nothing until the season we came up when they shat their pants. However, I don't see the need for him to be drawn into any discussion at all about celtic.

albertz84
23-06-2017, 18:41
One thing is for sure, Davie king doesn't like the smeltic I get the impression he doesn't like losing at anything.

He doesnt and i love that about him

TN8
23-06-2017, 18:44
Ah ffs. He always has to chuck some sort of nonsense like this in that just gets ridiculed.

But this week I'll let him off :)

tkmcg
23-06-2017, 19:19
They got their act together last season the three before that they were treading water.

D4RN-L
23-06-2017, 19:57
A daft comment unless it's regarding the number of trophies

finners
24-06-2017, 01:42
I think Dave King is right, as soon as he made his statement about our club and our position last year. Leigh Griffiths bites! It just shows we are the biggest show in town

Walter Loyal
24-06-2017, 01:48
He is absolutely correct. They had a free run at the CL for years. Had they qualified those two years under Deila then they really would be out of sight.

Der Berliner
24-06-2017, 01:54
They just done a treble and had an unprecedented season unbeaten domestically. I wish King would stick to what he's good at which is dealing with the business side of the club rather than flapping his gums about the football side of things, he's clueless with regards to the football side of it.

Their team of last season cost 28m to assemble. Ours cost 4m (and if you take out Wallace and Garner, 1m). Aberdeen's cost 400k for McLean. The rest of the Premiership hardly spent A pound at all during our absence. In football terms that is like placing Bayern Munich in BL 3 (i.e. the third tier).

An ailing Rangers team that was just promoted toiled its way to 3rd place in a league of 12. Looking at it from a non-Scottish viewpoint, it is a rather good achievement. People are obviously seeing it differently in Scotland, not least when you get told by the media about "ressources" and "budgets" and whatnot, but when it comes to facts and figures, as noted above, things take a more realistic look.

And be that as it may, if a toiling Rangers side ended up as 3rd, what do we expect from a fired up side with a sure better quality in 8 positions already?

Bar King Bear
24-06-2017, 01:59
They are 2 players better off than a decent rangers team this season.

For how far ahead they should be that's pretty terrible.

They also only managed to win one treble the whole time we were away and have only started to look a half decent domestic team in the last year.

I can see where he's coming from and I like how he's still implied they should win it but you never know.

They didn't win any treble when we were away( in the lower leagues)

Walter Loyal
24-06-2017, 02:16
Throughout it all I have yet to meet a tim who has a good word to say about Dave King or a BAD word to say about Mike Ashley.

It doesn't take a genius to work out why. One man was trying to destroy the club and the other is trying to fix the club. I am quite sure who they would prefer.

The Bridge
24-06-2017, 02:28
It was being said on this forum for every season we were outside the top flight. The fat jap knew he needed to do nothing to win the league. We arrive back and they go for a manager and a few players to make the difference. He conned the fhilth and they just can't see it. But I am certain that the board of fhilth never expected this reaction.

TheBearNeessities
24-06-2017, 03:09
They done nothing for 3 years and then 1 summer window pushed them 4 years ahead.

Fingers crossed 1 summer window had brought us back at least a few of those years

yeah either that or perhaps everyone greatly overestimates how long it takes for a dominant side to lose that dominance. see dick advocaat

ibrox40
24-06-2017, 06:03
Without a threat from us Celtic do nothing, remember the biscuit tin quotes.

nomad
24-06-2017, 06:51
A work with a few tramps n they said that our new retail deal was really good for Scottish football but said they are still light years ahead of us. My reply for that was "away n the ur face for a shite"

Take away thumb heed n Sinclair n that gap would be non existent.

WATP

turrabear
24-06-2017, 08:07
To an extent mr king is correct .celtic did nothing but treat water for 4 years.but last season they were miles a head of us in the league.what matters is this season the board have backed the manager and know it is up to the manager and the team to close the gap.

Tim Hunter
24-06-2017, 10:55
Nothing much wrong with letting the manager and players know what is expected from them.

Indeed, but the place to do that is not at a press conference.