PDA

View Full Version : SD advertising ?

chilebear
22-06-2017, 01:33
After todays great news im wondering If anything has been done about SDs advertising trackside.

King always spoke about dealing with SD as a whole and not just the retail deal.

Is it not supposed to be that the advertising had to go through a seperate company instead of directly to the club ?

I hope that this contract has been ripped up as well.

defender61
22-06-2017, 01:41
I am fearful this may have been part of the hidden cost of a new deal, fatty gets to keep his boards up for 5 years !!

I won't relax until he has a stake driven through his fat laden heart and the lid nailed down on his coffin

Garak
22-06-2017, 01:54
As long as the club has a proper retail in place I couldn't care less.

SemperParatus
22-06-2017, 01:58
I am fearful this may have been part of the hidden cost of a new deal, fatty gets to keep his boards up for 5 years !!

I won't relax until he has a stake driven through his fat laden heart and the lid nailed down on his coffin

A tiny price to pay.

Doubt it's the case anyway.

Crouchy
22-06-2017, 02:11
SD are still a large player in Rangers, just now under favourable terms for us.

They're advertisements will stay. We actually now use them to our advantage. They hold the risk on stock and allow us to use cash flow for players and wages, rather than the club paying out millions in potentially unsold items every year.

It's quite effective for companies until we're cash rich again.

ontheline
22-06-2017, 02:12
It's pretty clear fatso has gave up and wants out.
Selling his shares.
New terms on the deal.
Deal only to run for a year.
Winding up of Rangers retail.
"A lot to unwind..due to historic relationship...lawyers went above and beyond"

I very much doubt fatso will have a part to play in track side advertising.

I very much doubt

experiment626
22-06-2017, 02:13
We only notice SD advertising as it is so f¨cking infuriating having it on display.
I've no idea who else pays to advertise trackside.

I'll happily trade his companys logo shown trsckside for the news we've got today.

chilebear
22-06-2017, 02:25
As long as the club has a proper retail in place I couldn't care less.

Well have more money If we had/have the advertising outright. Theres a lot of money to be made from advertising.

Virgil Hilts
22-06-2017, 03:15
As part of today's deal I would imagine SD advertising stays as long as we have an arrangement with them. In fact I would be surprised if it increases in the short term.

blueismycolour
22-06-2017, 03:19
Still a lot of grey areas, his advertising being one, but in the whole delighted with the developments yesterday.

chilebear
22-06-2017, 03:24
Still a lot of grey areas, his advertising being one, but in the whole delighted with the developments yesterday.

Its a great step forward, The retail is probably the second biggest incomer after season tickets.

uneasydaz
22-06-2017, 03:28
Surley it will only be advertised for the year that the contract runs then next summer it will be stopped if we move on from Sports direct

turrabear
22-06-2017, 07:47
Surley it will only be advertised for the year that the contract runs then next summer it will be stopped if we move on from Sports direct

Would have thought that myself.

barryhopez
22-06-2017, 09:24
It would be nice if we could only advertise SD in the urinals and in the toilet bowls at Ibrox.

bigy
22-06-2017, 09:26
Being honest i wouldn't have ever thought i'd step into a SD shop again, but with the retail deal ripped up and if Ashley sells his shares on a decent deal to fans groups i'd certainly reconsider.

gramps1
22-06-2017, 09:27
Noticed lads hanging flags over them at half time always wondered why they don't leavevthere flags over them for the full game same goes for the skyform adverising.

gramps1
22-06-2017, 09:27
Being honest i wouldn't have ever thought i'd step into a SD shop again, but with the retail deal ripped up and if Ashley sells his shares on a decent deal to fans groups i'd certainly reconsider.

No chance....

lesmcmillan
22-06-2017, 09:36
the thing is Ashley basically has 90% of sports retail and distribution in the UK .for us to make money off retail at this moment we have to have some involvement with him

ewankenobi
22-06-2017, 09:52
We only notice SD advertising as it is so f¨cking infuriating having it on display.
I've no idea who else pays to advertise trackside.

I'll happily trade his companys logo shown trsckside for the news we've got today.

Some hydrophonics company. Only notice it as it seemed pretty strange to me. They must have spent a bit on it as its as prominent as the sports direct stuff. Would imagine people buying hydrophonics are either very large companies that grow food or people trying to grow hash. Is there that many people at a game that fall into there target audience.