PDA

View Full Version : so, in light of the travel club decision. how many of us are considering going to sit

cockney gers boy
20-06-2017, 19:27
in the home sections????
as many have said i dont get why we cant go unless were season ticket holders and i, like many others used to go to most away european games. so, how many are going to be in home sections?
sorry admin if this sort of thread is not allowed.

SemperParatus
20-06-2017, 19:31
in the home sections????
as many have said i dont get why we cant go unless were season ticket holders and i, like many others used to go to most away european games. so, how many are going to be in home sections?

You're right. Many have said it.

lutonloyal
20-06-2017, 19:32
in the home sections????

I've been a member of the Travel Club since it started in 2002 and have been on far more European trips more than I missed, ever since.

It's an absurd decision but will not stop this Bear. Booked up now for both Home and away v Luxembourg team and even taken the plunge to book a 4 night All Inclusive holiday in Cyprus.

If I get tickets for the games great - if not, so be it! Half of the joy of seeing Rangers abroad is the camaraderie with like minded Gers.

cockney gers boy
20-06-2017, 19:37
I've been a member of the Travel Club since it started in 2002 and have been on far more European trips more than I missed, ever since.

It's an absurd decision but will not stop this Bear. Booked up now for both Home and away v Luxembourg team and even taken the plunge to book a 4 night All Inclusive holiday in Cyprus.

If I get tickets for the games great - if not, so be it! Half of the joy of seeing Rangers abroad is the camaraderie with like minded Gers.

thats the reply i was hoping for! im considering doing just that mate. im positive i would get a ticket out there. but obviously if it was galatasaray, milan or a russian side i wouldnt risk it. but this side? im guessing it will be like when we all went to berwick rangers 5 years ago!

toadegree
20-06-2017, 19:40

I am in the same boat, 8 out of 9 away games in 2008, seldom missed an away game for many years, I m not renewing my S T for the second time in 24 years, and I'm penalised. I'm disgusted.

Rangerista
20-06-2017, 19:43
I was a.member of the Travel Club and always felt it was a necessary evil if I can put it that way. Unfortunately, there are still c@nts out there like Piara Powar of FARE, and like the beardy b@stard Adams infamously gloated, "they haven't gone away you know". In that regard the club needs to have the Travel Club in place as a kind of insurance that it's in control of the travelling fans. Obviously, in itself, that won't prevent Powar and his pals from doing their damnedest to stitch us up with Uefa . . . . if we let them. Having said that, fans will always travel independently and as long as they are a credit to themselves and Rangers, there shouldn't be a problem with that.

gramps1
20-06-2017, 19:50
Travel club is a ****ing joke,guys bumming about how many points they have,school trips to Manchester,I would love to go back to dixons.

Op There will always be bears in the home end ...always ;) no matter how much the wank security guys at ibrox says not to travel.

Derek Trotter
20-06-2017, 19:51
Said it in the other thread but again, yes some are annoyed at the clubs change of decision but at the same time you need to be a ST holder to apply for away domestic games direct from Rangers so I fail to get the major fuss in all honesty

If non-ST holders can attend all euro away games, I'm sure they could manage to get to Ibrox more often for games

Blue Doo x
20-06-2017, 19:52
Decided not to sign up to the travel club as I don't think I could afford it this season however, I'm in Cyprus on holiday the same time so definitely try get to the game whilst I'm there.

cockney gers boy
20-06-2017, 20:00
Said it in the other thread but again, yes some are annoyed at the clubs change of decision but at the same time you need to be a ST holder to apply for away domestic games direct from Rangers so I fail to get the major fuss in all honesty

If non-ST holders can attend all euro away games, I'm sure they could manage to get to Ibrox more often for games

what you fail to see mate is that some of us live 350 miles away from govan so season tickets are just not feasable. also european games even if we do/did well are how often? its a special occasion for many who just realisticly cannot be a season ticket holder. i wish i could be a season ticket holder, but i run a business and my business would be finished if i become one. i mean, living as far away from govan as i do i cant just pop up for an evening. sam cooke and manfromdelmonte wouldnt allow that!

amabluestar
20-06-2017, 20:10
I am in the same boat, 8 out of 9 away games in 2008, seldom missed an away game for many years, I m not renewing my S T for the second time in 24 years, and I'm penalised. I'm disgusted.

Oh, you are not allowed ,you are not allowed , you are not, no you are not, oh you are not allowed.
I am though.:D

stirlings_union_jack
20-06-2017, 20:14
Not in the TC booked up for Luxembourg hopefully pick up a ticket home end or otherwise, surely this mob can't have much of a support

cockney gers boy
20-06-2017, 20:24
Not in the TC booked up for Luxembourg hopefully pick up a ticket home end or otherwise, surely this mob can't have much of a support

thats my thinking. luxembourg ultras???? hahahahahaha

windsorbear
20-06-2017, 20:26
I've never bothered with the travel club and I've managed to get tickets through other means many times over the years. Some of the smaller venues you won't get, but generally you'll be fine.

I don't see a problem with requiring a season ticket for travel club membership. We are clearly in a different place than 6 or 7 years ago and we don't have the numerous revenue streams we once had.

cockney gers boy
20-06-2017, 20:33
I've never bothered with the travel club and I've managed to get tickets through other means many times over the years. Some of the smaller venues you won't get, but generally you'll be fine.

I don't see a problem with requiring a season ticket for travel club membership. We are clearly in a different place than 6 or 7 years ago and we don't have the numerous revenue streams we once had.

other means being?

Ted.
20-06-2017, 20:42
It makes sense that season ticket holders should get priority. It is our massive home support that have kept the lights on the last few years, of course they deserve it.

Fair enough it is unlucky for some bears that live far away from Govan. But for everyone like that this season there would have been two non season ticket holders from Glasgow applying for games to get a European trip but which won't invest in a season book.

windsorbear
20-06-2017, 20:47
other means being?

What ever means are available.
Buying tickets for the home end, spare tickets from other bears (not to be underestimated), touts etc.
I've also had decent success by staying in a half decent hotel and phoning in advance to ask them if they can get tickets direct from the club.
I never tried Maribor etc but German, France, Dutch, Spain etc, I've never had an issue.

cockney gers boy
20-06-2017, 20:47
It makes sense that season ticket holders should get priority. It is our massive home support that have kept the lights on the last few years, of course they deserve it.

Fair enough it is unlucky for some bears that live far away from Govan. But for everyone like that this season there would have been two non season ticket holders from Glasgow applying for games to get a European trip but which won't invest in a season book.

hold on, priority for season ticket holders maybe, but there should also be a general release. end of. as said you have addressed my point of distance. but to all of a sudden shut us non season ticket holders out is bollocks!

cockney gers boy
20-06-2017, 20:48
What ever means are available.
Buying tickets for the home end, spare tickets from other bears (not to be underestimated), touts etc.
I've also had decent success by staying in a half decent hotel and phoning in advance to ask them if they can get tickets direct from the club.
I never tried Maribor etc but German, France, Dutch, Spain etc, I've never had an issue.

hahahaha your a vet mate. i like your style fair play man!

Ted.
20-06-2017, 20:57
hold on, priority for season ticket holders maybe, but there should also be a general release. end of. as said you have addressed my point of distance. but to all of a sudden shut us non season ticket holders out is bollocks!

I agree that if there are still tickets left after all season ticket holders in the travel club that want a ticket have been taken care of then they should go to non season ticket holders. But to make this possible there would need to be two tiers to the travel club - non season ticket holders and season ticket holders.

There will be a massive demand this year and if they made it open to all then the following situation would arise.

Andy who has been a season ticket holder for years has decided to join the travel club this season and has 0 points would have the same chance of a european ticket as Billy, who lives in Glasgow, has never held a season ticket, but fancies a piss up with some of his mates abroad.

You can't say that situation would be possibly fair? Sure it isn't fair to Cammy who lives in Berlin and has been going to european games for years, perhaps there should have been an option for legacy members without season tickets to join? But that's another question all together.

cockney gers boy
20-06-2017, 21:04
I agree that if there are still tickets left after all season ticket holders in the travel club that want a ticket have been taken care of then they should go to non season ticket holders. But to make this possible there would need to be two tiers to the travel club - non season ticket holders and season ticket holders.

There will be a massive demand this year and if they made it open to all then the following situation would arise.

Andy who has been a season ticket holder for years has decided to join the travel club this season and has 0 points would have the same chance of a european ticket as Billy, who lives in Glasgow, has never held a season ticket, but fancies a piss up with some of his mates abroad.

You can't say that situation would be possibly fair? Sure it isn't fair to Cammy who lives in Berlin and has been going to european games for years, perhaps there should have been an option for legacy members without season tickets to join? But that's another question all together.

yeah i understand that point/points/ and being a very small ground there could only be 2,000 tickets available anyway. but, in my opinion the travel club should be what it is. a travel club and a points sytem like it has been for years. if your lucky enough to get one because of your points then thats the way of it. is that not why the travel club exists? additional fees? aye, 20 is nothing. but going away in europe should be an option open to all i think. not to add we could pay the luxembugers wages for the next 2 years!

alpha
20-06-2017, 21:15
in the home sections????

Happened as long as I remember, pissed off the club don't want to take my history in to account in the TC scheme as I no longer have a ST due to being unemployed and the affordability of it.
Guess I will be one of those guys now who pick and chose their "away days", not a good decision by the club.

okeydokey505
20-06-2017, 21:15
I will need to travel as an independent and try for tickets when at grounds.

I missed the cut off point :o

mayfairblue2
20-06-2017, 23:56

What part of living in another country do you fail or refuse to understand?Also how do you know that they don't make numerous trips to Ibrox.

Northampton Lodger
21-06-2017, 04:46

Used to be a ST holder , hardly missed an away game and always managed a couple of CL away games per season. Now living down here with two kids who are Rangers supporters. Without them missing school I need a Saturday kick off at Ibrox that I can book in advance that doesn't clash with anything else that is happening work related etc. It works out about six times a season. To purchase three season tickets so that we can sit together for six games is just not practical.

Sideys31
21-06-2017, 06:36
I was a member of the travel club since the season it started. Always tried to get to at least one trip a season. Never minded paying the 25 ( I think) when season tickets holders paid 10. I was really dissappointed when I phoned up a fortnight ago to ask about renewing.

To answer the OP, if we make it through these rounds and I can manage to go to the 3rd qualifier away from home I'd certainly consider going in the home end depending on the opposition.

glasgowiron
21-06-2017, 07:04
I'm sure they could manage to get to Ibrox more often for games

I take a ticket thru my RSC for every home game, Was a member of the TC since it started, went to every away Euro game in that time apart from one season when thru circumstances I didn't travel.

Now thanks to the decision to make it ST holders only I'll have to find other means of obtaining a ticket, won't stop me or numerous other guys who you see on every trip travelling though.

GEODGC
21-06-2017, 07:21
Some people are at the wind up with their comments on these TC threads and their comments are probably best ignored. For all the talk about the extra demand for memberships and putting ST holders first etc, only 4000 have joined, probably on a par with what we had before. There were around 5000 in the scheme previously I think, including both ST holders and non ST holders. A bit of an own goal from Rangers really, pissing off and alienating a lot of loyal fans.

Derek Trotter
21-06-2017, 07:22
I take a ticket thru my RSC for every home game, Was a member of the TC since it started, went to every away Euro game in that time apart from one season when thru circumstances I didn't travel.

Now thanks to the decision to make it ST holders only I'll have to find other means of obtaining a ticket, won't stop me or numerous other guys who you see on every trip travelling though.

If you buy a ticket for every home game, wouldnt it be cheaper to buy a ST?

Derek Trotter
21-06-2017, 07:23
Some people are at the wind up with their comments on these TC threads and their comments are probably best ignored. For all the talk about the extra demand for memberships and putting ST holders first etc, only 4000 have joined, probably on a par with what we had before. There were around 5000 in the scheme previously I think, including both ST holders and non ST holders. A bit of an own goal from Rangers really, pissing off and alienating a lot of loyal fans.

As I said previously, 4k members will fill most of our away games allocation though unless we end up drawing a team with a big stadium and big allocation so I fail to see how the club have made a mistake here

Derek Trotter
21-06-2017, 07:26
Used to be a ST holder , hardly missed an away game and always managed a couple of CL away games per season. Now living down here with two kids who are Rangers supporters. Without them missing school I need a Saturday kick off at Ibrox that I can book in advance that doesn't clash with anything else that is happening work related etc. It works out about six times a season. To purchase three season tickets so that we can sit together for six games is just not practical.

I genuinely do have sympathy for those in situations where they live abroad.

But its those non-ST holders who live in the country that cant be bothered going to Ibrox every week but can pop up for every away euro game for a jolly with their mates, that I dont have sympathy for.

GEODGC
21-06-2017, 07:28
As I said previously, 4k members will fill most of our away games allocation though unless we end up drawing a team with a big stadium and big allocation so I fail to see how the club have made a mistake here

4000 won't apply for every match though will they? Especially with the games coming thick and fast. Off the top of my head I can think of about 10 TC members that aren't travelling to any of the first two rounds, myself included.

Dave570
21-06-2017, 07:34

So season ticket holders are real supporters and non-season ticket holders are only interested in a piss up? I am sure there are plenty of weekend workers etc. who can't go to games who actually go abroad to follow Rangers and not just for a piss up. It is pretty poor statement.

AlwaysLoyal
21-06-2017, 07:35
Has the club justified its reasoning on this issue?

The argument is put forward on here about the need for "insurance to control fans". What does that mean? Do we really need the threat of Losing your ST to behave? Is that what it's about? Because it's not like non-STs in the TC would be complete unknowns who would disappear into the night after trips were over. You'd still have to register in the same way, you'd still have to provide your photo etc, you'd be every bit as accountable for your actions as a ST holder.

There is another debate which often Rages on here, about Celtic fans and the broomloan. Although it would be a better thing for Rangers and our fans if the Tims weren't given that whole stand, it's often pointed out that it comes down to simple economics. 7,500 of them paying us 50 a pop is foremost in the boards mind. To the same people I'd ask, why not open the TC to all then, 20 per person from thousands more? It might not be "fair" but, like being punted out of your seat in the broomloan, money talks

Derek Trotter
21-06-2017, 07:36
4000 won't apply for every match though will they? Especially with the games coming thick and fast. Off the top of my head I can think of about 10 TC members that aren't travelling to any of the first two rounds, myself included.

I doubt our allocations will be big for the first 2 games.

Even so, there is no guarantee that an extra 1k members (non-ST) would apply for all games either

Madrid Bill
21-06-2017, 07:38

I live in Spain.
I use my holidays for Euro away games.
I go to most of them.
You want me to give that up to waste my holidays going to the rainy, cold **** hole I just so happened to be spawned in 37 years ago?

It won't stop one single arsehole attending.
And will put said arsehole far from the clubs control yet he will still be their responsibility in UEFAs eyes.

As for Dave King. I don't think I've once criticised the guy and usually defend him to the hilt.
But he has some nerve showing up at 2 or 3 games a year and denying me my chance to watch my team.

AlwaysLoyal
21-06-2017, 07:40

Even so, there is no guarantee that an extra 1k members (non-ST) would apply for all games either

But they'd all have to pay the same 20 signing up fee - surely that's the main benefit to RFC.

Derek Trotter
21-06-2017, 07:48
I live in Spain.
I use my holidays for Euro away games.
I go to most of them.
You want me to give that up to waste my holidays going to the rainy, cold **** hole I just so happened to be spawned in 37 years ago?

It won't stop one single arsehole attending.
And will put said arsehole far from the clubs control yet he will still be their responsibility in UEFAs eyes.

As for Dave King. I don't think I've once criticised the guy and usually defend him to the hilt.
But he has some nerve showing up at 2 or 3 games a year and denying me my chance to watch my team.

I'm not saying what you should and shouldn't do. However, I don't think there will be much sympathy for you if you don't want to make the effort to head back for odd overnight trip to Ibrox to see us playing yet you will make the effort to watch us abroad in some places that are far worse than the hell hole of Glasgow.

As for your other point, if non-TC members feel the need to travel and go into the home end, that is nothing to do with Rangers. It is the home clubs liability for selling them tickets. Should any fighting happen, the home club would cop it and if Rangers find out the names of those responsible, should actually ban them anyway for bringing the clubs name through the mud.

But they'd all have to pay the same 20 signing up fee - surely that's the main benefit to RFC.

last time we were in Europe it's been confirmed that just under 1k members were non-ST holders so the club would rake in an extra 20k on income. Not exactly huge amounts.

GEODGC
21-06-2017, 07:49

They are talking of playing the first game in an 8000 capacity stadium against a team that averages crowds of 400 odds. The population of Luxembourg is just over 500,000 so I don't think we can expect a stampede for tickets at their end.
I have yet to see anybody put forward a decent case for making this change. The guys that travelled previously will still travel, if anything there will be an increased risk of trouble because more people will end up in the home sections of the ground.

Derek Trotter
21-06-2017, 07:54
They are talking of playing the first game in an 8000 capacity stadium against a team that averages crowds of 400 odds. The population of Luxembourg is just over 500,000 so I don't think we can expect a stampede for tickets at their end.
I have yet to see anybody put forward a decent case for making this change. The guys that travelled previously will still travel, if anything there will be an increased risk of trouble because more people will end up in the home sections of the ground.

8k stadium, even with non-ST holders being allowed to join, there would still be leftover tickets. End of the day, there will still be a healthy following given the limited timescale on organising a trip for this game. Club dont lose any money whether there are 2k bears or 5k bears.

currently, non-ST holders cannot apply for away domestic games via the club. So, why should euro away games be any different? I think that is a fair argument that could be made.

Yes it was done 6 years ago but things change.

ST holders who are members of the TC now have a higher % chance of getting tickets for the games they apply for now that there are 1k less members.

And as said, if there is any trouble due to bears going into the home end then they are selfish as any trouble will see the clubs name dragged through the mud.

AlwaysLoyal
21-06-2017, 08:04
I'm not saying what you should and shouldn't do. However, I don't think there will be much sympathy for you if you don't want to make the effort to head back for odd overnight trip to Ibrox to see us playing yet you will make the effort to watch us abroad in some places that are far worse than the hell hole of Glasgow.

As for your other point, if non-TC members feel the need to travel and go into the home end, that is nothing to do with Rangers. It is the home clubs liability for selling them tickets. Should any fighting happen, the home club would cop it and if Rangers find out the names of those responsible, should actually ban them anyway for bringing the clubs name through the mud.

last time we were in Europe it's been confirmed that just under 1k members were non-ST holders so the club would rake in an extra 20k on income. Not exactly huge amounts.

True, not exactly huge amounts. But not a reason not to do it.

I guess I'm struggling to follow the argument that "if you can go to euro trips you can go to ibrox more often". It's flawed on so many levels. So many people are hamstrung by the nature of their jobs.

It's not like if you don't have an ST you're not contributing to the club and thus don't deserve to be in the TC or anything else. I work weekends, almost all of them. So do thousands of Rangers fans - we can still buy tickets for any game barring Celtic when we have the chance to go.

I don't doubt that ST holders should come first - but making it so black and white when you could have had tiers etc is a missed opportunity. For one thing the enthusiasm is incredible this time around. If there were 1,000 non STs last time, you would imagine that could have been easily surpassed

glasgowiron
21-06-2017, 08:06
If you buy a ticket for every home game, wouldnt it be cheaper to buy a ST?

Probably but that's immaterial.

Derek Trotter
21-06-2017, 08:08
True, not exactly huge amounts. But not a reason not to do it.

I guess I'm struggling to follow the argument that "if you can go to euro trips you can go to ibrox more often". It's flawed on so many levels. So many people are hamstrung by the nature of their jobs.

It's not like if you don't have an ST you're not contributing to the club and thus don't deserve to be in the TC or anything else. I work weekends, almost all of them. So do thousands of Rangers fans - we can still buy tickets for any game barring Celtic when we have the chance to go.

I don't doubt that ST holders should come first - but making it so black and white when you could have had tiers etc is a missed opportunity. For one thing the enthusiasm is incredible this time around. If there were 1,000 non STs last time, you would imagine that could have been easily surpassed

I understand plenty of folk work weekends.

My point though is that this doesnt apply to everyone. Madrid Bill further up has said he basically wouldnt waste his holidays going to Ibrox as Scotland is a shit hole, but used them instead to follow us abroad (some of the places we have played are worse than Glasgow) :D

That's fair enough, that's his choice but its one that I have zero sympathy for that he will miss out now.

coplandrearl36
21-06-2017, 08:24
Were you in Osasuna, the Police attacked a section of Rangers fans in the home area.
UEFA and every Media outlet blamed Rangers and fans for the trouble.
Fans at the game clearly saw who started it, but it made no difference
So to say Rangers will not be blamed is nonsense.

das
21-06-2017, 08:33
Were you in Osasuna, the Police attacked a section of Rangers fans in the home area.

A lot of what he says is nonsense as has been pointed out. Strict liability doesn't apply as he says so, non st holders can't apply for domestic aways or semis and finals, true but they can get them via their supporters club. Just because the travel club apparently made a mistake and he missed out on a Fiorentina ticket all non-ST holders are scum unless they pass his judgement on an exemption.

Derek Trotter
21-06-2017, 09:00
A lot of what he says is nonsense as has been pointed out. Strict liability doesn't apply as he says so, non st holders can't apply for domestic aways or semis and finals, true but they can get them via their supporters club. Just because the travel club apparently made a mistake and he missed out on a Fiorentina ticket all non-ST holders are scum unless they pass his judgement on an exemption.

If some Rangers fans are in the home end and a fight breaks out, Rangers cant be held responsible. As far as I'm aware, there is no precedent for this being the case?

Have never once said non-ST holders are scum so stop being dramatic and put your dummy back in.

Non-ST holders cant apply directly to the club for domestic away games, I see no reason why the travel club should be any different.

Bluebear1873
21-06-2017, 09:21
I was in the travel club before our enforced demotion. I was looking forward to re-join the travel club, but as I'm not a season ticket holder {not feasible due to work and living down in England), I am not entitled to join the travel club. I have contacted the club about this and voiced my disgust at this decision. Still, I will still be going to Luxembourg away - Follow Follow

bobally
21-06-2017, 09:26
If some Rangers fans are in the home end and a fight breaks out, Rangers cant be held responsible. As far as I'm aware, there is no precedent for this being the case?

Have never once said non-ST holders are scum so stop being dramatic and put your dummy back in.

Non-ST holders cant apply directly to the club for domestic away games, I see no reason why the travel club should be any different.
I think you would find out quite quickly how the Club would be held responsible in the eyes of the media and then likely UEFA fining both clubs for fan misbehaviour if there was trouble in the home end with Bears and home fans. Even more so if, for example, the TC had not sold out its allocation of tickets to members but denied other non TC/ST fans the chance to take up the remaining tickets.

rangeral
21-06-2017, 09:26

UEFA fined Osasuna for that issue

Osasuna give us around 700 tickets for those section area wasn't even an area more seats dotted over the place

All successful Independent ticket holders were in there including myself

tommyhlrsc
21-06-2017, 09:31

Leading up to the 08 Europa final I was sitting on 12/13 points having only missed Pana in Greece and regularly travelling since the TC conception. After giving up my SB (15yr in that particular seat) in boycott of the spivs I'm now unable to apply for tickets after having over 30 away ties under my belt.

Restricting away tickets to SB's for domestic games is due to the pathetic state of Scottish football grounds and no other reason.
We should have any Rangers supporter who is willing to travel to European away games in a position to do so. Iirc, last time the TC was running, it cost non SB holders double, if not more to be a SB member thus giving those with SB's some benefit at least.

Following Rangers should never be open to a select few...We are the World's most successful Club for a reason.

Derek Trotter
21-06-2017, 09:38
UEFA fined Osasuna for that issue

Osasuna give us around 700 tickets for those section area wasn't even an area more seats dotted over the place

All successful Independent ticket holders were in there including myself

As I suspected.

If home clubs sell our fans tickets, they are liable, not Rangers.

Derek Trotter
21-06-2017, 09:39
Leading up to the 08 Europa final I was sitting on 12/13 points having only missed Pana in Greece and regularly travelling since the TC conception. After giving up my SB (15yr in that particular seat) in boycott of the spivs I'm now unable to apply for tickets after having over 30 away ties under my belt.

Restricting away tickets to SB's for domestic games is due to the pathetic state of Scottish football grounds and no other reason.
We should have any Rangers supporter who is willing to travel to European away games in a position to do so. Iirc, last time the TC was running, it cost non SB holders double, if not more to be a SB member thus giving those with SB's some benefit at least.

Following Rangers should never be open to a select few...We are the World's most successful Club for a reason.

But in Scotland we get big allocations for some games, in fact most games I'd argue we get more of an allocation than we do in most Euro away games so I don't get your point.

If non st holders cant apply directly for away tickets in domestic games, the travel club should be no different in my eyes

rangeral
21-06-2017, 09:44
As I suspected.

If home clubs sell our fans tickets, they are liable, not Rangers.

Rangers were given those tickets by Osasuna

Originally we meant we getting 1400 in one block but Osasuna back-tracked, the block up stairs went to the 2 charter flights

But that stage the tickets already been allocated so Rangers had no other option but issued them

Osasuna did not sell direct to me

Barca Bear
21-06-2017, 09:45
Has the club justified its reasoning on this issue?

The argument is put forward on here about the need for "insurance to control fans". What does that mean? Do we really need the threat of Losing your ST to behave? Is that what it's about? Because it's not like non-STs in the TC would be complete unknowns who would disappear into the night after trips were over. You'd still have to register in the same way, you'd still have to provide your photo etc, you'd be every bit as accountable for your actions as a ST holder

yes, but taking your paid for st is real,
banning a non st has proved unenforceable as you can still turn up and walk in.

tommyhlrsc
21-06-2017, 10:00
But in Scotland we get big allocations for some games, in fact most games I'd argue we get more of an allocation than we do in most Euro away games so I don't get your point.

If non st holders cant apply directly for away tickets in domestic games, the travel club should be no different in my eyes

We have + 40k SB's, we get circa 8k at the piggery where are the other big ones?
( Killie don't count as they have nae fans 😆)

Rangers away tickets in Scotland are NOT confined to SB holders - where you getting that from?

Rangers always had non SB members in the TC..What has changed policy on this?

You see Rangers fans from ALL over the globe on Euro away nights - This imo is what makes it special and the removal of non SB members from the TC is an own goal of massive proportions 'in my eyes'.

coplandrearl36
21-06-2017, 10:27
Rangers were given those tickets by Osasuna

Originally we meant we getting 1400 in one block but Osasuna back-tracked, the block up stairs went to the 2 charter flights

But that stage the tickets already been allocated so Rangers had no other option but issued them

Osasuna did not sell direct to me

So they were not in a home section but an additional away section selected by the home club.
I was over the other side in the chartered TC area.
From what we could see it was not dealt with in same way as us.
However it did not stop all Rangers fans being blamed, when we knew it was the all to common assaults on football fans by Spanish Thugs.

That is why on this occasion Osasuna were fined rather than both as they split our support.

rangeral
21-06-2017, 10:35
So they were not in a home section but an additional away section selected by the home club.
I was over the other side in the chartered TC area.
From what we could see it was not dealt with in same way as us.
However it did not stop all Rangers fans being blamed, when we knew it was the all to common assaults on football fans by Spanish Thugs.

That is why on this occasion Osasuna were fined rather than both as they split our support.

Wasn't even a section mate it simply seats dotted all the place

The corner section where most of the trouble occurred there were Osasuna fans in there the Spanish thugs tried to put all in there
to police us

dublinbluenose
21-06-2017, 10:37

I think you'll find tens of thousands of non season ticket holders did contribute to keeping the lights on.buying match tickets,joining the rst and rangers first,taking out subscriptions to rtv.plenty of season ticket holders supporter the rats even up to their final days in charge and didn't open their mouths when Murray was running the club into the ground.

Derek Trotter
21-06-2017, 10:42
We have + 40k SB's, we get circa 8k at the piggery where are the other big ones?
( Killie don't count as they have nae fans 😆)

Rangers away tickets in Scotland are NOT confined to SB holders - where you getting that from?

Rangers always had non SB members in the TC..What has changed policy on this?

You see Rangers fans from ALL over the globe on Euro away nights - This imo is what makes it special and the removal of non SB members from the TC is an own goal of massive proportions 'in my eyes'.

Motherwell
Kilmarnock
Tims

We get plenty for

Likes of Dundee Thistle etc we get a fair few as well and probably more than we get for most Euro away games

I never said away domestic games are ST holders only, I said only ST holders can get tickets direct from the club. Non ST holders get tickets via their RSC.

*****GREG_RFC*****
21-06-2017, 10:51

Looking forward to seeing the faces again. Some guys you don't even know their names but will share a beer and a story of previous trips with.

bobally
21-06-2017, 10:56
Looking forward to seeing the faces again. Some guys you don't even know their names but will share a beer and a story of previous trips with.
Have visions of 'Life of Brian' scene about 'splitters' with ST holders with TC tickets on one side of the bar and nonST/non TC members on the other side with home end tickets ;)

Madrid Bill
21-06-2017, 11:03

So. It's only 20k for the club so **** us.
**** my RTV membership and **** the fact I watch over 98% of Gers games. The other 2% being the one league cup game every couple of years that they just decide not to stream for whatever reason.

Your attitude to fellow bears is piss poor.

Madrid Bill
21-06-2017, 11:07
I think you'll find tens of thousands of non season ticket holders did contribute to keeping the lights on.buying match tickets,joining the rst and rangers first,taking out subscriptions to rtv.plenty of season ticket holders supporter the rats even up to their final days in charge and didn't open their mouths when Murray was running the club into the ground.

There's a few clowns on this thread with the "as long as I've got my seat to hell with everyone else." Be it fellow fans, the club or whoever.

You know the type.
Moved to a better seat during the boycott and then telling us all how it's their right.

Best ignored.

coplandrearl36
21-06-2017, 11:33
Don't worry D Trotter will post pictures from Luxembourg and Cyprus to show the excluded how it looks. I won't hold my breath though.

dublinbluenose
21-06-2017, 11:35
There's a few clowns on this thread with the "as long as I've got my seat to hell with everyone else." Be it fellow fans, the club or whoever.

You know the type.
Moved to a better seat during the boycott and then telling us all how it's their right.

Best ignored.

It has been the downside of the season ticket culture that because you have a season ticket you are a more loyal fan,I know plenty who have season tickets who wouldn't have been seen dead in ibrox before souness arrived.

Derek Trotter
21-06-2017, 11:39

You know the type.

Best ignored.

Had my ST for near 25 years if that was a dig aimed at me

Could be argued I'm being selfish but I've yet to hear anyone give me a valid reason why non-ST holders should be allowed to join the travel club, despite not being allowed to join the away domestic game scheme

Just because it used to happen isn't a reason

bobally
21-06-2017, 12:00

Could be argued I'm being selfish but I've yet to hear anyone give me a valid reason why non-ST holders should be allowed to join the travel club, despite not being allowed to join the away domestic game scheme

Well actually the fact it used to be the case is a very valid reason as it worked fine. It brought added revenue to the club from non ST holders (enough to pay a club employees annual salary). The fact that the club will be actively promoting the home sale of Euro tickets to all and sundry without checks on who the tickets are going to yet citing this as a reason for restricting it to ST folk for away trips is a nonsense. We could be and have been done by UEFA for home game misdemeanours...Shitey Sean if I recall. I would hope every season ticket holder will be taking up their option for home Euro games, but somehow doubt it. Actually maybe the club should only sell extra home Euro tickets to ST holders and limit the attendance. That way they should know who will be attending.

tommyhlrsc
21-06-2017, 12:15

Did you not give your season book up in the fans quest to rid us of the parasites that had our club by the throat like thousands did?

I will give you a reason why none SB holders should have TC Membership...Because they are LOYAL Bears..many shareholders who fund The Rangers in all sorts of ways.

Selfish Derek? - you're coming across as someone who wouldn't buy a can of juice for a thirsty child because 'I'm all right '

DjurgardenBear
21-06-2017, 12:24
SLO says the upper limit they can offer us is 20%, so 1600 max official tickets. Not sure how set in stone UEFA are with that.

Fully expect the Lux lot to sell tickets on the day, and don't see it being an issue.

Derek Trotter
21-06-2017, 12:27
Did you not give your season book up in the fans quest to rid us of the parasites that had our club by the throat like thousands did?

I will give you a reason why none SB holders should have TC Membership...Because they are LOYAL Bears..many shareholders who fund The Rangers in all sorts of ways.

Selfish Derek? - you're coming across as someone who wouldn't buy a can of juice for a thirsty child because 'I'm all right '

I did give it up in the summer everyone else did, and bought it the same day King etc won control at the egm. So to be technical, you can remove 7 months or so from a period of near 25 years

Again though, by your logic non ST holders should be allowed to apply for domestic away games too and to hell with giving priority to ST holders that provide the club with the vast amount of the income it needs to run on a yearly basis

I'm actually a generous guy. In this instance though, I agree with the clubs stance

rangeral
21-06-2017, 12:32
SLO says the upper limit they can offer us is 20%, so 1600 max official tickets. Not sure how set in stone UEFA are with that.

Fully expect the Lux lot to sell tickets on the day, and don't see it being an issue.

UEFA rules is minimum 5% of stadium capacity

36.01 Home clubs must make at least 5% of the total approved UEFA capacity of their
stadium available exclusively to visiting supporters, in a segregated, safe area. In
addition, visiting clubs are entitled to purchase 200 top-category tickets (unless
otherwise agreed by the two clubs in question) for their VIP supporters, sponsors,
etc., but they are not obliged to take the full allocation (see Articles 16 and 23 of
the UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulations and Article 19 of the UEFA Safety and
Security Regulations).

http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/46/71/42/2467142_DOWNLOAD.pdf

DjurgardenBear
21-06-2017, 12:35
UEFA rules is minimum 5% of stadium capacity

36.01 Home clubs must make at least 5% of the total approved UEFA capacity of their
stadium available exclusively to visiting supporters, in a segregated, safe area. In
addition, visiting clubs are entitled to purchase 200 top-category tickets (unless
otherwise agreed by the two clubs in question) for their VIP supporters, sponsors,
etc., but they are not obliged to take the full allocation (see Articles 16 and 23 of
the UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulations and Article 19 of the UEFA Safety and
Security Regulations).

http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/46/71/42/2467142_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Yup, it's upper limit I'm talking about mate. I didn't know there was one but SLO mentioned 20% the other day.

*****GREG_RFC*****
21-06-2017, 12:35
It's not good enough excluding non-season ticket holders. One of the things that makes us a special club is the support all over the world. I don't know how much difference it would make but this is exactly the sort of thing Club 1872 should be taking up with the club.

SemperParatus
21-06-2017, 12:36

The Spivs are no longer in charge though.

BananzaBear
21-06-2017, 12:37

Planning Cyprus if they win, where about are you staying? Any info would be great going to price it up.

DjurgardenBear
21-06-2017, 12:37
It's not good enough excluding non-season ticket holders. One of the things that makes us a special club is the support all over the world. I don't know how much difference it would make but this is exactly the sort of thing Club 1872 should be taking up with the club.

I think they'll reverse it after these two rounds. To reverse it now chucks people who've signed up for ST's down the pile so I can't see them doing that.

Brave13VVV
21-06-2017, 12:39
Planning Cyprus if they win, where about are you staying? Any info would be great going to price it up.

Likewise, where is everyone staying?

rangeral
21-06-2017, 12:40
Yup, it's upper limit I'm talking about mate. I didn't know there was one but SLO mentioned 20% the other day.

Neither did I but there would be some limit I guess

OnlyOneAmoruso
21-06-2017, 12:44
Probably but that's immaterial.

Is that really immaterial? You've said you go to every single home game but buy a ticket separately. If you know you're going to be going could you not just take a season ticket and save a bit of money on that versus game by game then you'd get TC membership?

two2tango
21-06-2017, 12:49

I'm not travelling to the first two games but will go to the third if we get there the games are too short notice to make arrangements

I was in the old travel club and I am season ticket holder so hopefully if we get say Milan or Everton later on we will be looked after

bobally
21-06-2017, 12:49
Is that really immaterial? You've said you go to every single home game but buy a ticket separately. If you know you're going to be going could you not just take a season ticket and save a bit of money on that versus game by game then you'd get TC membership?

Not everyone can afford the money at one go or even by installments to purchase a ST...might only be able to buy one by one when the weekly pay cheque comes through.

Derek Trotter
21-06-2017, 13:03

But not everyone is against the clubs decision though. I'm a member of c1872 and would vote against them interfering

Several TC members on here agree with the club so its not as if 100% of fans all think the decision is a disgrace

Most probably dont care either way as it doesnt affect them. Those that are excluded and a few of their mates will be against the clubs decision. The rest of us in the TC I suspect arent fussed at the clubs decision

tommyhlrsc
21-06-2017, 13:18
I did give it up in the summer everyone else did, and bought it the same day King etc won control at the egm. So to be technical, you can remove 7 months or so from a period of near 25 years

Again though, by your logic non ST holders should be allowed to apply for domestic away games too and to hell with giving priority to ST holders that provide the club with the vast amount of the income it needs to run on a yearly basis

I'm actually a generous guy. In this instance though, I agree with the clubs stance

I was only allowed up for game since I was 16 due to the 500+ mile round trip and was a SB holder for like you around 25yrs...The seat I was in for 15yrs (Govan front ) and any nearby had all been snapped up once it was agreeable to try to re-new...

I've never once said a TC membership has owt to do with domestic away games.
Vast amount of money SB make...how about we make it even vaster and scrap child and consession tickets so we maximise income?

The vast majority of child and most probably consession SB holders will NOT travel to Europe, this is not a domestic ticket issue it's an European one. The points system operated by the TC meant it mattered not a jot wether you were a SB holder or not...those who went most...got the tickets.
Myself being a SB holder at the time paid iicrc 10 instead of 25 that my pal who didn't have a SB paid..That was thanks enough from the Club from me.

It makes me wonder about our head of security/club official...the same ones who allow motherwell to reduce our allocation but not the Taig...Due they think our support is a problem?
Is a supporter somehow elite as they have a SB?

The Club has booted supporters squarely in the nuts in relation to the TC.

coplandrearl36
21-06-2017, 13:25
But not everyone is against the clubs decision though. I'm a member of c1872 and would vote against them interfering

Several TC members on here agree with the club so its not as if 100% of fans all think the decision is a disgrace

Most probably dont care either way as it doesnt affect them. Those that are excluded and a few of their mates will be against the clubs decision. The rest of us in the TC I suspect arent fussed at the clubs decision

Really!, many ST TC members, have travelled with non ST TC members all over Europe, I for one travelled with my wife and helped fill planes to Athens and Copenhagen, not depriving ST holders but filling planes. Others have done similar.
I've been to Moscow and Warsaw where seats on the plane were empty,
Rangers were happy to sell seats to non ST TC members to cover the costs.
Others have also stated how one flight was cancelled and costs of 750/800 to fly with team.

So if ST holders don't fill the planes at the cost stipulated then flights may be cancelled, only time will tell. I await with interest the details of official trip and costs to see how many take up the offer. As the lad stated on one of the threads, I enjoyed Leipzip but the cost of Luxenbourg is out with his budget.

Madrid Bill
21-06-2017, 14:11

I'll indulge you.

A non-season ticket holder can quite easily join an RSC and get domestic away tickets without a season ticket.

I'm a non-season ticket holder who wishes to go to non-domestic away games.
Previous member of the travel club and I commit time and money to Rangers to watch the games.
I watch more games than most. Pay to watch more games than most.
Call me crazy but I think I've a right to expect a chance at a ticket for Euro away games.

I also had a season ticket for 2 years attending 2 games 1 year and none the next when the club needed my support.

But I and others in a similar situation deserve **** all.

At no point did I even say I should get preferential or equal treatment to a season ticket holder.
Maybe they should get first bite at tickets available. Maybe not. (Should I get preference over someone not on CCCS because they miss certain games away and in the cups that I choose to pay for?)

Even so. If they got preference that could be accepted.
But to be kicked to the curb like an empty tin can stinks if you ask me.