PDA

View Full Version : David Tanner rips into Mark Warburton

mainstandbear
30-03-2017, 16:59
https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/status/847475674063323136

opersson
30-03-2017, 17:01
I met the new Rangers manager for the first time today. Very impressed. Opinions, tactics, humour and humility. Quite a change. A much better talker than his predecessor. Warburton spent his time telling us he'd been "misquoted, as usual" by the press. I'll get a good look at the SPFL's newest boss when we broadcast Rangers' away games at @kilmarnockfootballclub (https://www.instagram.com/kilmarnockfootballclub/) and second-placed @officialaberdeenfc (https://www.instagram.com/officialaberdeenfc/) next week. I asked him if he knew what the great Glaswegian phrase "square go" means! He does now!l! I was happy to help. To educate and inform... #pedrocaixinha (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/pedrocaixinha/)#rangers (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/rangers/)#kilmarnock (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/kilmarnock/)#aberdeen (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/aberdeen/)#squarego (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/squarego/)#neillennon (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/neillennon/) v #jimduffy (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/jimduffy/)#scotland (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/scotland/)#scottish (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/scottish/)#spfl (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/spfl/)#ladbrokespremiership (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/ladbrokespremiership/)#ibrox (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/ibrox/)

Big deal.

hammer17
30-03-2017, 17:03
You embarrassed yourself Tanner

par for the course

Ambiorix
30-03-2017, 17:14
I doubt David Tanner could rip a wet paper bag.

cambridgeblue
30-03-2017, 17:17
T'S WAR Sky Sports presenter David Tanner utterly slaughters former Rangers boss Mark Warburton and says ‘he won’t be missed’
Tanner took to social media to praise Pedro Caixinha before attacking the former Ibrox boss in an astonishing rant

By Aidan Scott

30th March 2017, 4:40 pm Updated: 30th March 2017, 4:56 pm

SKY SPORTS presenter David Tanner has SLAUGHTERED former Rangers manager Mark Warburton on social media.

The TV host claimed that Warburton “won’t be missed” and hinted that the Englishman’s former colleagues had also been sticking the boot in.

Tanner also said the new Nottingham Forest boss was not as good a talker as Portuguese manager Pedro Caixinha – due to the fact he said so little.

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news, transfers and goals from Scottish football plus fixtures, results and live match commentary

Tanner was at Caixinha’s press conference today ahead of Rangers‘ match against Motherwell.

And he took to Instagram afterwards to praise the Portuguese – and have a go at Warburton.

Tanner said: “I met the new Rangers manager for the first time today.

“Very impressed. Opinions, tactics, humour and humility. Quite a change.

“A much better taker than his predecessor but that wouldn’t be difficult, to be uncharacteristically frank with you.

Tanner’s out-of-the-blue attack on Warburton is sure to stun fans.

And it will be interesting to see how Rangers supporters respond to the presenter in the coming days.

Deacon_Frost
30-03-2017, 17:17
I doubt David Tanner could rip a wet paper bag.

I found this funny as I can see tanner the kind of man who would hide behind his mrs if a fight broke out in a boozer for example, Ginger pussey.

talktalk
30-03-2017, 17:32
The tool actually asked our manager if he knew what a square go was , that bint McLaran slavering on about it as well.

GioLoyal
30-03-2017, 17:42
It's a shit state of affairs when you need to keep toads like Tanner on side - but the fact is Warburton's barely concealed contempt for the press scum up here - and the fact they had to wait 12 months before they could really start criticising him (a few exceptions like Ralston aside) - meant their knives were well and truly sharpened for this season and they went for it big style.

Unfortunately if Pedro wants a slightly less hostile press he probably will need to play ball with some of these feckwits.

Hank
30-03-2017, 17:43
The tool actually asked our manager if he knew what a square go was , that bint McLaran slavering on about it as well.

I could understand it if he asked about square sausage, purely for dietary requirements, but a square go? How old is he?

TheGarageFlower
30-03-2017, 17:43
The square go part was cringey.

Other than that it's difficult to disagree.

Warburton was like a fad diet. Great results at first but completely not fit for purpose long term.

buster
30-03-2017, 17:56
It sounds like the new extreme attention seeking fashion for reporters and pundits has got to Tanner.

supermac1873
30-03-2017, 18:05
One things right about this article. I'm stunned it made the news.

Reaction to Tanner? Nobody cares.

bilkobear
30-03-2017, 18:05
Criticise Warburton all you want.....but he had the number of those cvunts and they all knew it.

coplandrearl36
30-03-2017, 18:08
Criticise Warburton all you want.....but he had the number of those cvunts and they all knew it.

Exactly, they will turn on Pedro soon enough.

Mez
30-03-2017, 18:10
We all lauded the disdain that Warburton had for the media up here, and regardless of how things ended with him, I still commend the fact that he didn't put up with their shite.

Hendrixbear
30-03-2017, 18:16
Warburton handled the Scottish press exactly how they deserved to be handled and I doubt it will be too long before Caixinha learns how to treat them too.

stevesnedden
30-03-2017, 18:32
Leaving aside the criticism of Warburton, it should be noted that a Scottish journalist said something pleasant about Rangers. That's surely a headline in itself.

RFC_Champions
30-03-2017, 18:32
"Rips in to" Mark Warburton....???

FFS OP, you've never been in a fight, argument or had confrontation before have you?

CathkinHi
30-03-2017, 18:36
Wee fat baw faced cxnt, Tanner's comments after last week's Scotland game was the straw that broke the camels back.

gu_bear
30-03-2017, 18:39

Sorry but I'm not buying that. If he was able to manage the press they wouldn't have been clamouring for him to be sacked for so long.

I actually discussed Warburton with a member of the first team squad who was complimentary about his coaching methods but pretty much confirmed the jist of that article, that he was completely out his depth in managing the press and the other aspects of being a Rangers manager.

Freebaser

Did he really? Think if you look back at his press conferences he said basically the same thing during every one and I've yet to find one where he really went on the offensive.

He tried to be smart by saying things that couldn't be directly challenged, wishy washy statements that meant nothing. Think the press knew the c unt was touting himself behind the scenes to all and sundry and ultimately his last press conference highlighted what a tool MW is!!

HobJo
Warburton handled the media appallingly. 90% "always with respect" 10% tetchy David Brent style reactions to criticisms. Contrary to the posts above he never went through people for asking dumb questions and they just carried on asking even worse ones.

God knows how Pedro will do and f*ck Tanner but yeah, Warburton's media handling was another failing many were blind to (and some still are it would appear).

Dalbear
30-03-2017, 18:44
It's easier to have a go at someone once they're away.

jackdaniels78
30-03-2017, 18:50
Warburton was asked stupid questions in every interview, it is more the quality of the journalism that is the issue

Borrheidloyal
30-03-2017, 18:51
Lets see if the wee ginger spunk bucket is so mouthy if he ever has to interview Warburton again.
Looks like the sort that would want a square go but making sure his mates were holding him back.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
30-03-2017, 18:52
I bet Warburton can do a fu.cking cup draw properly though...

ontheline
30-03-2017, 18:53
Why on earth would you ask someone if he knew what a square go was?

hutch42
30-03-2017, 19:14
New boss will rip the wee fk apart

The_Degan
30-03-2017, 19:28
Why on earth would you ask someone if he knew what a square go was?
I'm guessing something to do with Duffy asking Lenton if he wantEd one last night.

Tomted
30-03-2017, 19:29
Always thought that Mark Warburton displayed a level of intelligence far above that of the interviewing journalists. They went out of their way to trip him up but rarely succeeded. Pretty pathetic of Tanner to wait until MW is off the scene before slagging the man off. Pathetic but unsurprising.

bornabluenose
30-03-2017, 19:36
Much as others have said, it's a bad day when Tanner is ripping into you.

Like being savaged by a dead sheep.

As for Warburton , yes his press conferences became repetitive and a bit tiresome but he had the measure of that lot and they knew it.

Bigmother
30-03-2017, 19:36
Warburton continually trotted out the same bland cliches at every press conference. We the fans learnt nothing from them. It wasn't all the fault of the press. Compare and contrast with what Pedro says. It's the same journalists.

bearskin
30-03-2017, 19:47
I don't see why our coaches have to 'manage the press' anymore? Why pander to the majority of these people who do not like us and type what they want anyway?

We have our own outlets for interviews, comments, videos to get the message out to us the fans. It's habit that some still buy newspapers, mainly older generation perhaps. Possibly same habit that we look at the same newspaper online content now. We should all get in the mindset that to get news about the team/club we create the habit of using club resources only. Cripple the naysayers

Amurphrfc
30-03-2017, 19:59
That whole thing was embarrassing.

tazzabear
30-03-2017, 20:04
Warburton handled the media appallingly. 90% "always with respect" 10% tetchy David Brent style reactions to criticisms. Contrary to the posts above he never went through people for asking dumb questions and they just carried on asking even worse ones.

God knows how Pedro will do and f*ck Tanner but yeah, Warburton's media handling was another failing many were blind to (and some still are it would appear).

I thought he treated them with contempt and refused to allow the parasites the upper hand.

Calvers72
30-03-2017, 20:21
Tanner's a snivelling little prick, he says this now after Warburton's gone but whatever criticism is aimed at our ex manager's time in charge nothing changes the fact that the vast majority of the football media pack up here are no use b@stards and an embarrassment to the profession. The sheer amount of slabbering pish these arseholes talked and inane questioning MW endured was shameful but he handled them fairly well most of the time, I suspect some of the stuff he faced was just sheer ****wittery from people who are winging it as so called sports journalists and there's no doubt a certain amount of the stuff they made the topic of conversation and lines of questioning was done deliberately to annoy and antagonise, hopefully the new manager is able for them and I'd say the club needs to help him and deal with C@NTS who try and take the piss.

HobJo
30-03-2017, 20:23
I thought he treated them with contempt and refused to allow the parasites the upper hand.

Not for me. Pedro - and this is not me going gaga over a manager after one game - set the agenda of that press conf. Also showed he'll put them in their place with wit, not with a mealy mouth.

Oosy troosers
30-03-2017, 20:24
I was told by a wee wummin that gets on my bus that Tanner is a blue nose who used to do commentary for the blind at Ibrox.

I've no idea if this is true, but I'd be very surprised if that prick ever rooted for the Gers.

subversive_bear
30-03-2017, 20:29
Snidey of Tanner to be saying this when he doesn't need to face him any more.

MearnsUnionist
I was told by a wee wummin that gets on my bus that Tanner is a blue nose who used to do commentary for the blind at Ibrox.

I've no idea if this is true, but I'd be very surprised if that prick ever rooted for the Gers.

Incredible as it may sound, he was brought up a bluenose.

bornabluenose
I thought he treated them with contempt and refused to allow the parasites the upper hand.How I saw it, his bland, give nothing away ,approach got under their skin.

Captain Jock
30-03-2017, 20:42
So that's what The Sun considers a "slaughtering" then?......a cheap, mealy mouthed couple of comments from a "journalist" that didn't have the balls to challenge the man on ANYTHING when he was still in Glasgow!
I don't know what's more pathetic, the fact that Tanner came out with this pish or the fact that The Sun printed it as some sort of explosive story.
Jesus Wept!

slickrick
30-03-2017, 20:49
The questions are awful our manager is asked every week. The square go thing today was something you would expect your drunk pal to ask some one not a journalist at a press conference.

Warburton just repeated himself every week granted on and off the park but we do not have one credible journalist asking questions at the training ground ever. Same pish questions, same pish patter week after week.

Jacrispy
30-03-2017, 20:51
Always thought that Mark Warburton displayed a level of intelligence far above that of the interviewing journalists. They went out of their way to trip him up but rarely succeeded. Pretty pathetic of Tanner to wait until MW is off the scene before slagging the man off. Pathetic but unsurprising.

Agreed. As much as I've grown to dislike MW, he's an intelligent guy and rarely gave the journalists a sniff, partly why they probably dislike him

InsanicDrunk
30-03-2017, 21:00
Tanner rips ma fcking knitting!

As for the square go question, fck me, even the delivery was terrible. Rather than have a bit of a laugh with him, they tried to rip the pish. If you want to talk about the incident, tell him and then ask have you ever heard of a 'square go'.

Roffey
30-03-2017, 21:08
Nearly bumped into him on a train about six months ago, he's a little oddity.

doc holliday
30-03-2017, 21:08
Scotlands football media......scrape the barrel ,you get the dross.

Virgil Hilts
30-03-2017, 21:14
It's easier to have a go at someone once they're away.
Maybe he'll offer him a square go?

BlueHeartBear
30-03-2017, 21:38
Not for me. Pedro - and this is not me going gaga over a manager after one game - set the agenda of that press conf. Also showed he'll put them in their place with wit, not with a mealy mouth.

Oh dear....Remember folk saying that about the nyaff Strachan.....Doesn't take long for the 'wit' to grow tiresome. Tom Irish and Dork Speirs will be plunging their knives in within a year no doubt.

BroomloanWATP
30-03-2017, 21:40
I don't really give a flying **** how Pedro deals with the serpentine press corps in this country as long as he puts a winning team on the pitch.

Warburton couldn't be arsed with them, rightly so, but clearly he or someone close to him was leaking information to them at the same time which corroborates the disconnect between his public and private personae.

Mez
30-03-2017, 21:43

He did exactly that.

Diggerz
30-03-2017, 21:50
It was clear Warburton could not be arsed with the press and I don't blame him for that, but most of his statements were fairly bland. Hopefully Pedro will stump their dumb questions.

aztec
30-03-2017, 21:53
Sorry but I'm not buying that. If he was able to manage the press they wouldn't have been clamouring for him to be sacked for so long.

I actually discussed Warburton with a member of the first team squad who was complimentary about his coaching methods but pretty much confirmed the jist of that article, that he was completely out his depth in managing the press and the other aspects of being a Rangers manager.. He was dealing with a very hostile press.He gave them the respect they deserved

tauntonbear
30-03-2017, 21:59
Well done to Warburton for treating that wee prick and his media pals with the utter contempt they deserve. At least he got that right.

90minsofmadness
30-03-2017, 22:04
The square go thing was cringey as ****. Pedro didn't have a clue what he was on about.

The contempt that Warburton held for the press was understandable given the the shite he was asked over and again.

broxi87
30-03-2017, 22:07
Hardly ripping into or slaughtering is it? That was pathetic!!

HobJo
30-03-2017, 22:16
Oh dear....Remember folk saying that about the nyaff Strachan.....Doesn't take long for the 'wit' to grow tiresome. Tom Irish and Dork Speirs will be plunging their knives in within a year no doubt.

Wit as in intelligence, not humour
the capacity for inventive thought and quick understanding; keen intelligence.
"she does not lack perception or native wit"
synonyms: intelligence, shrewdness, astuteness, cleverness, canniness, acuteness, acuity, sharpness, sharp-wittedness, sense, good sense, common sense, wisdom, sagacity, judgement, understanding, acumen, discernment, perception, insight, percipience, perspicacity; More

barryhopez
30-03-2017, 22:20
A complete bawhum of a thread title, tbh.

Young_Teddy_Bear
30-03-2017, 22:54
Jesus f**k. Where I heard him ask pedro " do u know what a square go is? " I just closed my eyes and shook my head. What an arsehole!

A1bertz
30-03-2017, 23:58
A square go..seriously? I'll spot you a 12 year old that will punch that wee wank out his socks

sowfb1972
31-03-2017, 00:44
Tanner is the MC at the NARSA convention this year

johnny1872
31-03-2017, 00:48
Tanner is the MC at the NARSA convention this year

FFS, did they not have chick young a couple of years ago?

Aunty Christ
31-03-2017, 00:54
Tanner's right about Warburton's talking ability. He came across as a bumbling idiot despite posters on here saying they could listen to him all day.

Loyal Bear 72
31-03-2017, 01:36
Was the square go comment in relation to Duffy and Lennon? Even then hard to understand any context.

New York Bear
31-03-2017, 02:12
FFS, did they not have chick young a couple of years ago?

20 maybe.

Tanner is co-MC along with Gordon Smith.

90minsofmadness
31-03-2017, 07:49
Tanner's right about Warburton's talking ability. He came across as a bumbling idiot despite posters on here saying they could listen to him all day.

No he didn't. He was clearly an intelligent guy.

Derek Trotter
31-03-2017, 07:54
Was the square go comment in relation to Duffy and Lennon? Even then hard to understand any context.

without hearing it, I suspect Tanner asked the question in a joking sense

Aunty Christ
31-03-2017, 08:29
No he didn't. He was clearly an intelligent guy.

Oh dear. Warburton waffled and mumbled his way through most interviews while saying virtually nothing of substance. Some people are easily fooled.

HBurgh_bear
31-03-2017, 08:38
Oh dear. Warburton waffled and mumbled his way through most interviews while saying virtually nothing of substance. Some people are easily fooled.

I was more than happy with the way MW handled the joke which is the Scottish media

omegaman
31-03-2017, 08:57

A bumbling idiot?

F**k me! Revisionism at its finest.

He failed as Rangers manager and I'm happy we've moved on from him, but does that mean we need to denigrate every aspect of his tenure?

Evidently, yes.

HobJo
31-03-2017, 09:08
A bumbling idiot?

F**k me! Revisionism at its finest.

He failed as Rangers manager and I'm happy we've moved on from him, but does that mean we need to denigrate every aspect of his tenure?

Evidently, yes.

His interviews annoyed me before his football did

omegaman
31-03-2017, 09:26
His interviews annoyed me before his football did

Fair enough, but a bumbling idiot?

Come on!

BULLY1
31-03-2017, 10:14

Come on!

The thing that annoyed me most about his interviews were the lies about Rossiter (7-10 days) and of course the sociopathic lying on the links to the job he's at just now. I can understand treating the mhedia with contempt but it's got to be remembered they are the conduit for information for a large % of our fan base, so some info could be appreciated!

Aunty Christ
31-03-2017, 10:33

Come on!

What amazed me was the number of posters on here that thought the guy was articulate. He wasn't and I said so long before he got the boot.

Ive also pointed out that Stewart Robertson's recent interview posted on here was a joke. That led to the usual suspects jumping on my comments but as the thread developed more posters started posting that they too thought it was a poor interview.

I dont have a problem with people holding different points of view but I object to posters making out that Ive indulged in revisionism. Warburton's interviews were embarrassing.

TPB90
31-03-2017, 10:36
Tanner's "square go" p*sh yesterday proved that Warburton was exactly right to treat the media up here the way he did. They are cretins.

HobJo
31-03-2017, 10:39

Come on!

Bumbling idiot isn't how I would describe him. Disingenuous, full of weasel words, relatively inarticulate, evasive, equivocating ...

"That's above my pay grade" was the one that used to annoy the f*ck out of me the most. Plus all the "respectfully" blethers

BlueWorldOrder
31-03-2017, 10:40
I was more than happy with the way MW handled the joke which is the Scottish media

By lying to them (and us)?

HobJo
31-03-2017, 10:41
Tanner's "square go" p*sh yesterday proved that Warburton was exactly right to treat the media up here the way he did. They are cretins.

he didn't treat them with contempt. He was clearly a bit scared of them and presented himself as if he was constantly worried about being misquoted or showing a lack of respect - all of which was ultimately just evasion of responsibility. It was truly pathetic. Go back and watch them again...

supergers07
31-03-2017, 10:42
Tanner's right on the whole.

Nice lad, met him before. Just wish he wouldn't be so scared in the public domain to admit he's a Rangers fan.

barrymoped
31-03-2017, 10:43
I don't like criticising Warburton too much, it's all to easy after he is gone. On the whole I thought he dealt with the press quite well, he treated them with contempt a lot of the time which is fine by me. He certainly wasn't perfect but not as bad as some on here are making out.

Aunty Christ
31-03-2017, 10:57
Ive just read the thread on Warburton's press conference at NFFC. Seems he's still coming out with the usual pish and no doubt there are loads of NF fans hanging on his every word. I guess its true what they say about fooling the people.

InsanicDrunk
31-03-2017, 11:05
Ive just read the thread on Warburton's press conference at NFFC. Seems he's still coming out with the usual pish and no doubt there are loads of NF fans hanging on his every word. I guess its true what they say about fooling the people.

The things he said at the start where 'good' however, when there is no action, like 'we'll learn from this' they just look like what they always were soundbites.

He will always be a glorified academy director.

potnbear
31-03-2017, 11:38
Cowardly little barsteward waits till warbutons out the country before attacking him. What a courageous little twat

carsons36th
31-03-2017, 13:23
Tanner rips into MW,? like being mauled by a sheep

david1982
31-03-2017, 13:24
Has David Shanner ever spoken to Warburton directly?

omegaman
31-03-2017, 14:16
What amazed me was the number of posters on here that thought the guy was articulate. He wasn't and I said so long before he got the boot.

Ive also pointed out that Stewart Robertson's recent interview posted on here was a joke. That led to the usual suspects jumping on my comments but as the thread developed more posters started posting that they too thought it was a poor interview.

I dont have a problem with people holding different points of view but I object to posters making out that Ive indulged in revisionism. Warburton's interviews were embarrassing.

If your definition of articulation is of the Oxbridge-educated Imperial diplomacy variety then those occupying the managerial chairs at football clubs are likely to disappoint.

As far as football managers go, he more than passed muster.

Typically as results hit the skids, every and any personal fallibility begins to find itself under attack, and so it was with Warburton.

Could he be too repetitive in his interviews? Probably.

Did they frequently lack a degree of substance? Definitely.

Was Stephen Fry ever in danger of being replaced by him as host of QI? I doubt it.

Was Mark Warburton a bumbling idiot? No.

basiltherat
31-03-2017, 15:33
Thought MW handled the press pretty well for the most part. Above my pay grade was simply a polite way of not answering something he didnt want to answer. Generally gave them nothing despite a lot of baiting and still they'd concoct controversial headlines by not only twisting but totally misrepresenting what he said
Those looking for a manager to communicate his intentions through the press should have a look at some of the big names' conferences. No one gives anything away.

Blue Buddha
31-03-2017, 16:19
Fkn Pathetic stuff.
No love for MW after what has gone on, but that wee wank stain would run a mile before he would confront him never mind Rip into him" .. Get a grip OP

GioLoyal
31-03-2017, 16:23
he didn't treat them with contempt. He was clearly a bit scared of them and presented himself as if he was constantly worried about being misquoted or showing a lack of respect - all of which was ultimately just evasion of responsibility. It was truly pathetic. Go back and watch them again...

Warburton's gone.

Let the anger go.

DylanGer
31-03-2017, 16:25
Usual suspects giving it tight to Warburton and indirectly backing a system that doesn't give a **** about the club.

Warburton gave the press nothing they were dying for him to screw up. It was a dangerous agenda he set for himself personally think he could have given himself a bit of room but his choice....

Any comments on Pedro in relation to the Warburton/media situation are at this stage ludicrous as we need to see how it pans out....obviously PC comes across very very well but the media play a game and he will need different approaches.

Frankly the modern day exchanges are garbage and the questioning is a waste of time.......how PC handles the media in the long run won't matter-just as it didn't for Warburton. The big pressure is driven by results and the support.

govanx
01-04-2017, 03:03
Usual suspects giving it tight to Warburton and indirectly backing a system that doesn't give a **** about the club.

Warburton gave the press nothing they were dying for him to screw up. It was a dangerous agenda he set for himself personally think he could have given himself a bit of room but his choice....

Any comments on Pedro in relation to the Warburton/media situation are at this stage ludicrous as we need to see how it pans out....obviously PC comes across very very well but the media play a game and he will need different approaches.

Frankly the modern day exchanges are garbage and the questioning is a waste of time.......how PC handles the media in the long run won't matter-just as it didn't for Warburton. The big pressure is driven by results and the support.

The Pedro love-in is eerily familiar to the Warburton love in when he first arrived and for a long time after. The revisionism on here at times takes the biscuit. I'd wager no more than three percent on here called Warburton out when he first got here, everyone else bought into his philosophy and at times his press conferences were like a bukkaki fest as spunk bounced off the FF keyboards with righteous abandon at his use of the term "pitch geography" and the like as we collectively swooned at his mastery of the game. So let's not kid ourselves on lads. Let Warburton go and let's give Pedro some time before we start jerking off over his every phrase.

johnny1872
01-04-2017, 09:29
The Pedro love-in is eerily familiar to the Warburton love in when he first arrived and for a long time after. The revisionism on here at times takes the biscuit. I'd wager no more than three percent on here called Warburton out when he first got here, everyone else bought into his philosophy and at times his press conferences were like a bukkaki fest as spunk bounced off the FF keyboards with righteous abandon at his use of the term "pitch geography" and the like as we collectively swooned at his mastery of the game. So let's not kid ourselves on lads. Let Warburton go and let's give Pedro some time before we start jerking off over his every phrase.

:D maybe not quite the way I'd have put it but agree entirely.

Everybody loved Warburton at first and we were told he had the scumbag press in his back pocket. Most bought into this.

Pedro has performed well in front of the cameras but lets wait to see how he reacts when they turn on him or he gets pissed off with their constant shite questions.

And Tanner is a wee bawbag, always has been.

Barca Bear
01-04-2017, 09:57
"Rips in to" Mark Warburton....???

FFS OP, you've never been in a fight, argument or had confrontation before have you?

laughed at that,
and obviously ripped into him from 300 miles away as well.

DylanGer
01-04-2017, 10:11
The Pedro love-in is eerily familiar to the Warburton love in when he first arrived and for a long time after. The revisionism on here at times takes the biscuit. I'd wager no more than three percent on here called Warburton out when he first got here, everyone else bought into his philosophy and at times his press conferences were like a bukkaki fest as spunk bounced off the FF keyboards with righteous abandon at his use of the term "pitch geography" and the like as we collectively swooned at his mastery of the game. So let's not kid ourselves on lads. Let Warburton go and let's give Pedro some time before we start jerking off over his every phrase..

100% correct...............

HobJo
01-04-2017, 10:15
Warburton's gone.

Let the anger go.

There's no anger, champ. Just surprise at the naivety of some.

DylanGer
01-04-2017, 10:17
Pots and kettles....do you think Warburton's thin skinned compared to Lennon. :-)

Champ.

HobJo
01-04-2017, 10:44
Pots and kettles....do you think Warburton's thin skinned compared to Lennon. :-)

Champ.

Congrats chief. That's the biggest straw man you've constructed yet

GioLoyal
01-04-2017, 10:44

Great you can stop posting about him and move on then.

Remember if you stop making rubbish posts about him, I won't have to reply to them.

Aunty Christ
01-04-2017, 10:52
If your definition of articulation is of the Oxbridge-educated Imperial diplomacy variety then those occupying the managerial chairs at football clubs are likely to disappoint.

As far as football managers go, he more than passed muster.

Typically as results hit the skids, every and any personal fallibility begins to find itself under attack, and so it was with Warburton.

Could he be too repetitive in his interviews? Probably.

Did they frequently lack a degree of substance? Definitely.

Was Stephen Fry ever in danger of being replaced by him as host of QI? I doubt it.

Was Mark Warburton a bumbling idiot? No.

3 out of 4 correct or as MW would mumble, "we'll learn from that, we have to". At least I think that's what he said.

HobJo
01-04-2017, 10:59
Great you can stop posting about him and move on then.

Remember if you stop making rubbish posts about him, I won't have to reply to them.

from you, in particular, that's hilarious

The fifth stage of grief is acceptance, you're nearly there son.

GioLoyal
01-04-2017, 11:55
from you, in particular, that's hilarious

The fifth stage of grief is acceptance, you're nearly there son.

That sounds like a Green Brigade banner. :ninja:

bilkobear
01-04-2017, 12:14
Tanner's right on the whole.

Nice lad, met him before. Just wish he wouldn't be so scared in the public domain to admit he's a Rangers fan.

I have never met him, but it doesn't stop me from thinking he is a total cvunt.
Rangers fan...........ffsake what has he ever done inside his trade that has ever helped give Rangers a fair deal?
Not a favour ....I don't want favours.....just an honest square deal...............when has Tanner ever even attempted to give us that?

Just this week Richard Keys a journalist who is not a Rangers fan....who is not even involved in Scottish football, ......and who has never had a dog in the race......did more for our profile as a club with one single paragraph in a newspaper than Tanner has done in his entire journalistic career.
Did I mention that I still think Tanner is a total cvunt?