PDA

View Full Version : For the first time in my life

Dublin1854
19-02-2017, 23:58
Today at the ripe old age of 62 I felt like booing my beloved Rangers off at half time. I ve had the misfortune to witness the beggars 9 in a row I've seen us being beaten by Alloa after being two goals up I've seen us being beaten by Stirling Albion without a manager but today must rank as the most abject apology as a Rangers side we have seen.

I never booed I couldn't bring myself do do it but my God is that what we have got to look forward to , we were second best to a medicore Dundee team who are struggling to finish 6th in the table and we looked like also rans

Im absolutely gutted that the team that I love have capulated so much that we have now become a middle of Road with no hearts, no guile and quite possibly the most daming, no conception what Rangers are all about.

We follow on it's what we do but bears and bearettes is becoming so hard.

See all my fellow troops at Inverness next Friday, WATP

sonowilliam2
20-02-2017, 00:08
Today at the ripe old age of 62 I felt like booing my beloved Rangers off at half time. I ve had the misfortune to witness the beggars 9 in a row I've seen us being beaten by Alloa after being two goals up I've seen us being beaten by Stirling Albion without a manager but today must rank as the most abject apology as a Rangers side we have seen.

I never booed I couldn't bring myself do do it but my God is that what we have got to look forward to , we were second best to a medicore Dundee team who are struggling to finish 6th in the table and we looked like also rans

Im absolutely gutted that the team that I love have capulated so much that we have now become a middle of Road with no hearts, no guile and quite possibly the most daming, no conception what Rangers are all about.

A post from the heart and a post that the current Rangers board have GOT to take notice off,we all feel the same mate.

weearrap
20-02-2017, 00:29
I'm a few years older and agree with Dublin1854 we have been through the bad times and the good times now the bad times again
We Will Follow On.

icrfc
20-02-2017, 01:26
The first 45 minutes today ranks alongside all the shite games Ive ever seen Rangers play, and even though Im yuounger than the posters above I saw Stirling Albion beat us and was witness to some dross in the early 80s. Outwith Kenny Miller there was simply no fight today, too many players were going through the motions and trying to hide.

Klos 1
20-02-2017, 01:50
Today we were gutless, cowardly, no fight, no personal pride in their own performances other than Miller. They hid, showed no passion for most of the team to do this is unacceptable & must never be accepted. Most of them should not be there next season as no manager can give a player courage or pride as that has to come from within & unfortunately most of them don't have it.

Whoopdedoo
20-02-2017, 02:01
Was going to read until I saw the username....

It's intrigued me. Op - why did you choose your name?

Crawford*****
20-02-2017, 03:54

Catholic university of Ireland founded 1854 in Dublin . . .

S English
20-02-2017, 04:17
Regardless of usernames... I feel done, I just don't know anymore. From the boardroom to the team I don't believe anymore. Ask me for a renewal now and I wouldn't

toadegree
20-02-2017, 04:36
Inverness away next FFS, that's another defeat. This team just don't have the cahones to win at a place like Inverness.

Jacrispy
20-02-2017, 04:52
Inverness away next FFS, that's another defeat. This team just don't have the cahones to win at a place like Inverness.

You'll get grief for giving up on them but I don't blame you.

What have this team shown to suggest they can go and get results now? Nothing.

Wage thiefs, taking the money and not putting in an ounce of effort

perthtrueger
20-02-2017, 05:31

Perhaps the players should read this, kenny aside they would know how much rangers mean to us

experiment626
20-02-2017, 09:02
You'll get grief for giving up on them but I don't blame you.

What have this team shown to suggest they can go and get results now? Nothing.

Wage thiefs, taking the money and not putting in an ounce of effort

I took pelters for saying as such.
Usual replies like 'what happened to no surrender'?
I can take defeat any day of the week.
I cannot take spineless cowardice.
Kenny Miller is the only player out there who looks like he cares.

90minsofmadness
20-02-2017, 09:26
You never booed mccoists team after they threw away a 2 goal lead to alloa? Or in McDowell first game when they clearly chucked it and got pumped four nil? You never booed Eck's team that came third in a ttwo horse race.

But you want to boo this set of players who are trying but are just not good enough? They're managerless and leaderless. They are gutless mainly because of a position which is being played by a fan rather than a footballer due to unfortunate recruitment.

You want to boo this team which was assembled out of nothing on a shoestring after in its first season back in the top league after every club and fan has stuck the boot in at every opportunity, after crooks came in and picked the bones of the club and took every penny they could get.

This is the side you want to boo, really? I think you're full of pish.

elaine32
20-02-2017, 10:28

REALLY!!! that's your 1st thought and you knew that about Dublin uni, I think it's his dob as that would tie in with his age.

Stop be so suspicious 😒

Dublin1854
20-02-2017, 10:30

Who was born in Dublin in 1854 and went on to become the most iconic Ulsterman ever , I give you Lord Carson , Ulster is right and Ulster will fight

Supergreengo
20-02-2017, 10:35
Who was born in Dublin in 1854 and went on to become the most iconic Ulsterman ever , I give you Lord Carson , Ulster is right and Ulster will fight

Headshot. Good man.

Dublin1854
20-02-2017, 10:35
You never booed mccoists team after they threw away a 2 goal lead to alloa? Or in McDowell first game when they clearly chucked it and got pumped four nil? You never booed Eck's team that came third in a ttwo horse race.

But you want to boo this set of players who are trying but are just not good enough? They're managerless and leaderless. They are gutless mainly because of a position which is being played by a fan rather than a footballer due to unfortunate recruitment.

You want to boo this team which was assembled out of nothing on a shoestring after in its first season back in the top league after every club and fan has stuck the boot in at every opportunity, after crooks came in and picked the bones of the club and took every penny they could get.

Sir, if you read my post I said I FELT like joining in with The thousands of Gers fans who did indeed booed the team off at half time but I didn't. I support the team . See you at Inverness next Friday, I presume your going.

georgedoors
20-02-2017, 10:36
1854. Is his d o b lol . I don't take much notice about usernames more the tone of the post . The team lacks desire sadly and is very disappointing

Its-Sebo
20-02-2017, 10:36
It's time to change our mentality lads, it's been rough for a while and it's going to be rough for another while yet. I understand it's hard to watch – but surely we'd rather watch sh!te football than no football.

We'll get there eventually.

bluenose1979
20-02-2017, 10:46
In all honesty, I'm genuinely starting to fear for the club's future. I seriously have doubts that we are going to be able to get out of this rut and a continuous run of the kind of mediocrity we're witnessing is less sustainable for a club our size, with our finances hamstrung and our reliance on huge ST numbers.

As the weeks go by it becomes more and more concerning that the club simply has no real path forward and is just scraping along with no real sense of leadership.

Heard a couple of stories last week about stuff behind the scenes which I won't post on here, but if there's any truth in them then I really do think we're in the mire.

90minsofmadness
20-02-2017, 10:53
Sir, if you read my post I said I FELT like joining in with The thousands of Gers fans who did indeed booed the team off at half time but I didn't. I support the team . See you at Inverness next Friday, I presume your going.

You said this was the first side you ever wanted to boo.

I won't be in Inverness no, I live in Wales. You don't have to worry about my supporter credentials though.

sirdrinksalot
20-02-2017, 10:54
Yesterday was pitiful and some of the players have clearly chucked it, it was totally unacceptable and I would hope the powers that be are on the case.

bearspaw
20-02-2017, 10:58
I took pelters for saying as such.
Usual replies like 'what happened to no surrender'?
I can take defeat any day of the week.
I cannot take spineless cowardice.
Kenny Miller is the only player out there who looks like he cares.

I'm guilty as charged, I posted on this very thread "what happened to no surrender". God, I hate how things are, but I say again, its so important, more important than in the "old days" that the support hangs on in there. If someone one had said to me 5 years ago we would be here today I would have taken a lot of comfort from that.

tkmcg
20-02-2017, 11:02
Same age as the O.P. and have experienced the same highs and lows and at no time i have felt so disheartened and pessimistic about the future of the club apart from the near death experience of 5yrs. ago.

hamish08
20-02-2017, 11:11

What a ****ing embarrassment. Didn't read because of the name Dublin, pathetic.

G8ball
20-02-2017, 11:11
1854. Is his d o b lol . I don't take much notice about usernames more the tone of the post . The team lacks desire sadly and is very disappointing

He's doing well for a 162 year old! :ninja: :D

Seriously though people on here spend way too much time scrutinising people's usernames.

If he was a Tim I'm pretty sure he would be a bit more careful choosing a name.

TN8
20-02-2017, 11:13
Completely understand the OP's feelings.

I can forgive a poor performance or a lack of ability. I absolutely never for a second thought we were going to be able to challenge Celtic this season and fully expected us to be where we are - fighting it out with the sheep and Hearts for 2nd place. Unlike alot of the support, I accept that's where we are this season.

But what I won't accept and can never accept is any Rangers team cowering and hiding like a bunch of f*cking pussies, going down without a fight and not caring of they get beat. That's what we saw yesterday and every single one of those players apart from Kenny Miller deserve absolute pelters for it. They disgraced the club yesterday. Boo away as far as I'm concerned.

WeeBudsBud
20-02-2017, 11:23
He's doing well for a 162 year old! :ninja: :D

Seriously though people on here spend way too much time scrutinising people's usernames.

If he was a Tim I'm pretty sure he would be a bit more careful choosing a name.

Think it equates to 1st Aug 1954 bud

the_brunton_bear
20-02-2017, 11:31
If we lose at Inverness which is very likely we then go to the piggery knowing that if we lose we numerically can't catch the bheasts.5 games before the split and we can't catch that mob even if they lost all their remaining games and we won ours.
Our biggest concern now is ensuring St Johnstone don't catch us and deny us a place in Europe now.
I think anyone who watches gutless and spineless performances like yesterday deserves the right to boo these players off the park.

Dakota
20-02-2017, 11:35
I couldn't even drum up the will to switch he volume up and went to sort the diner at half time, when Garner scored I kinda just muttered to myself aye well done!!!! Because in all my life I have never felt so down by a Rangers team. Maybe I have and I have blanked out ecks last season but yesterday wasn't up their with the Dunfermline Scottish cup game

Sconter
20-02-2017, 11:55

I don't believe for one minute all of they players gave 100% yesterday, in fact at times it looked like only kenny miller really gave a flying ****.

I can forgive the players for not being good enough but I can't forgive being 2nd to every ball against an average Dundee team.

G8ball
20-02-2017, 12:18
Think it equates to 1st Aug 1954 bud

The OP has already said it's Lord Carson's DOB. Which is a good enough reason for his username for me.

Presbyterian
20-02-2017, 12:33

BooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooM !!!!!!!!!!!

Straight between the eyes.

Bravo Sir.

tkmcg
20-02-2017, 12:37

Every day is a school day,Well done sir .

Marshall1873
20-02-2017, 13:11
In all honesty, I'm genuinely starting to fear for the club's future. I seriously have doubts that we are going to be able to get out of this rut and a continuous run of the kind of mediocrity we're witnessing is less sustainable for a club our size, with our finances hamstrung and our reliance on huge ST numbers.

As the weeks go by it becomes more and more concerning that the club simply has no real path forward and is just scraping along with no real sense of leadership.

Heard a couple of stories last week about stuff behind the scenes which I won't post on here, but if there's any truth in them then I really do think we're in the mire.

This is bollocks, the club is in safe hands

ethanf1991
20-02-2017, 13:17

oh ffs catch a grip

bluenose1979
20-02-2017, 13:46
This is bollocks, the club is in safe hands

In what sense?

I don't doubt the intentions of the men in charge, what I am beginning to seriously question is their ability to produce the levels of investment we need to get out of the rut we are clearly in.

Now, shouting "bollocks" is fine, but what do you know or what have you seen that suggests we are not going to be stuck in this mire for the foreseeable future? Them being good Rangers men isn't enough unfortunately.

Rickymck
20-02-2017, 14:06

Are you saying it is solely down to Andy Halliday that everyone else is Pish? We are struggling against teams who can't afford shoestrings and although it has been a hard journey not one of those players should be struggling in this league! With the exception of Miller and WES (most times) wage stealers the lot of them!!

bowmar977
20-02-2017, 14:08
In what sense?

I don't doubt the intentions of the men in charge, what I am beginning to seriously question is their ability to produce the levels of investment we need to get out of the rut we are clearly in.

Now, shouting "bollocks" is fine, but what do you know or what have you seen that suggests we are not going to be stuck in this mire for the foreseeable future? Them being good Rangers men isn't enough unfortunately.

Bit Harsh on board......
Firstly they are hamstrung by previous board and Ashley's continued role, court cases and behind the scene ruminations continue, it has to be dealt with to increase revenue streams.
Infrastructure was shot to pieces, that had to be repaired/upgraded and money has to come from somewhere.
First team squad as it stands not even closely good enough at moment, that's not boards fault but management team, biggest shock to me is Davie Weir being assistant and not a central defender that can defend (and don't start me on high balls and heading ability).
This year was always, always going to be transitional to find out where we are as a footballing club, sadly we are well short of what we require as Rangers Football club. Previous management knew this and were spending more time on their exit strategy than team fitness strategy.

Its hard right now, but we are here and for me next season is where we should look to make inroads !

gp1981
20-02-2017, 14:20
Booing resolves nothing, we are all in it together until the end of the season, certainly player wise we only have 18 or so senior pros and we are stuck with what we have for 13 games. We need to continue to encourage. It's amazing the strength some encouragement will give them jumping for headers and putting a block in. I genuinely feel we will be the difference between European football and freefalling, hang in there OP just remember where we were 5 years ago. Everything was unprecedented in World football so our comeback and our feelings and emotions in the journey as fans are also unprecedented.

ChampionGer
20-02-2017, 14:25
To the OP. I'm just behind you in age, buddy, and I know exactly how you feel. I can also say with absolute truthfulness, I have never booed any Rangers team, including this one, and the team of the 80's. In fact, during the 80's includes some of my fondest times as a bear, running a wee supporters club and travelling all over the place supporting the team. It was always a brilliant day out, if you forgot about the football, that is :D

This lot we have on the pitch now are just pathetic. I've honestly never seen any as bad. I'm even giving McCoist's duds a partial by on this one, as that squad were assembled during a transfer ban, whilst we were being blackmailed, in the space of about a week, on freebies and with thieving bastards in our boardroom. We actually paid good money for this lot :eek:

Anyway, I don't get to away games any more due to business ties but I'll never stop following the team and supporting them every time the Royal Blue takes to the park. I'm a supporter, not a critic.

Lastly, absolutely superb the way you dealt with the username issue. Brilliant :)

the_brunton_bear
20-02-2017, 14:26
In what sense?

I agree that they have the best intentions of the club at heart but I'm like you when I simply do not see them being able to find the money that will allow us to compete.
We are all grateful for what they done but even ridding ourselves of Ashley will only bring in another 4-5m a year which will be eaten up with expenses.
Certainly the toilets are cleaner and the big posters outside the ground are nice but as a football team we are rotten and the board don't have the money to change it.

Whoopdedoo
20-02-2017, 14:45
To clarify, I read the post after I asked about the username.

I would have forgotten, had I not.

It was as I thought...

bluenose1979
20-02-2017, 14:54
Bit Harsh on board......
Firstly they are hamstrung by previous board and Ashley's continued role, court cases and behind the scene ruminations continue, it has to be dealt with to increase revenue streams.
Infrastructure was shot to pieces, that had to be repaired/upgraded and money has to come from somewhere.
First team squad as it stands not even closely good enough at moment, that's not boards fault but management team, biggest shock to me is Davie Weir being assistant and not a central defender that can defend (and don't start me on high balls and heading ability).
This year was always, always going to be transitional to find out where we are as a footballing club, sadly we are well short of what we require as Rangers Football club. Previous management knew this and were spending more time on their exit strategy than team fitness strategy.

Its hard right now, but we are here and for me next season is where we should look to make inroads !

I don't see how I'm being harsh. As I said, I respect their intentions, I believe they saved us and want what's best for Rangers.

What I'm asking is where is the required investment going to come from? They can be the biggest bluenoses, with the best intentions all they want. However, the harsh reality is that even with the Ashley stuff sorted, it's not enough on its own to get us back to the robust position we want/need.

There needs to be a solid source of financing, which simply doesn't seem to be there. It's not hard to see why it's difficult to attract serious investment under the circumstances, but that doesn't change the key point - we need it to progress.

90minsofmadness
20-02-2017, 17:31
Are you saying it is solely down to Andy Halliday that everyone else is Pish? We are struggling against teams who can't afford shoestrings and although it has been a hard journey not one of those players should be struggling in this league! With the exception of Miller and WES (most times) wage stealers the lot of them!!

I'm saying that our spine is woeful. Maybe I'm being Harsh on Halliday but if any of the signings had worked out in that position we would be a much stronger side entirley

thomyorke_legend1
20-02-2017, 21:43
Warburton has filled the team with mediocre League 1 level players who have no understanding of Rangefs and the winning mentality that we hold dear.

Like the 'magic hat' himself, most of these players have no great feeling for the club and to them we aren't the top European club that we are but just a stepping stone to the English Championship.

I'll get slated for this but - whilst I don't know what was said, and he admitted he overstepped the mark, I can imagine Joey Barton told the players that they were a bunch of heartless cowards who had accepted they were second best to Celtic.

fallintrueblue1873
20-02-2017, 22:15
Every day there is a thread regarding the boards inability to provide funding. We cannot get any funding. We can only survive on loans. We tried for a new share issue to allow outsiders to invest. But that failed so nobody outwith the club can buy shares or invest. Why do people on here just ignore that fact.

hurleb
20-02-2017, 22:51
It's a privilege to sit with fellow Bears for just a couple of hours every couple of weeks. Then there's the dream of our Founding Fathers. Mr Struth. And my memories of Big Jock Wallace. And Doddie. And Coop. And...
There are hundreds of reasons to keep going. Take Kenny's will to fight on. Despite the cowardly wage thieves.
Rangers chose us. No Surrender.

BarcelonaOsos1972
20-02-2017, 23:22
This is the first time I genuinely, genuinely, genuinely fear going to the Dome.

potnbear
20-02-2017, 23:24
No point in booing, there's good guys in the team trying like shit and they then get tarred with the same brush. Must admit, when the 2nd went in, I wasn't even angry, I actually laughed. I actually feel sorry for some of the punters in that team who have been brought to the very cauldron of Scottish football.