PDA

View Full Version : Daily Mail - DoF Names In The Frame

Albertz Was King
17-02-2017, 01:43
The Daily Mail claim that former Bear Craig Moore is on a shortlist along with Ross Wilson (Southampton), Luke Dowling (Watford) and Stuart Webber (Huddersfield).

mpayton15277
17-02-2017, 01:47
What's Moore been up to since his playing days? Ross Wilson's been spoken about, any more background on the other 2 names?

Sparky_72
17-02-2017, 01:49
Watford....:eek::eek::D

whitbyontbear
17-02-2017, 01:51
One thoroughbred in the field.

Sparky_72
17-02-2017, 01:52
Sure I seen Craig Moore tweeting about us sorting ourselves out tonight

Alcatraz Loyal
17-02-2017, 01:53
Craig Moore? Do me a favour! If he hadn't played for Rangers his name wouldn't be mentioned.

luisfernandez
17-02-2017, 01:54
Sure I seen Craig Moore tweeting about us sorting ourselves out tonight

He was responding to a question about Eck. Said that he (Eck) would sort the team out.

sammysun
17-02-2017, 01:55
I would go for Ross Wilson out of that four.

Whoopdedoo
17-02-2017, 02:03
I'm not being funny but there's no way a (successful) premier league dof would come to Scotland. Wages and compensation completely rules that out.

KingCarlos
17-02-2017, 02:04
Yeah Craig Moore won't be our DOF. I actually think they have just made a mistake there. He currently manages a side in a regional league in Australia (that doesn't have promotion to the top professional league). I think they might even be semi-pro.

KingCarlos
17-02-2017, 02:07
I'm not being funny but there's no way a (successful) premier league dof would come to Scotland. Wages and compensation completely rules that out.

That only rules out Dowling from Watford then.

Virgil Hilts
17-02-2017, 03:09
Surely Ross Wilson would be a massive coup given the job he's done at Southampton. Their academy seems to be a conveyor belt of talent and their stability as a EPL club given the players they've sold on in recent years, on almost a annual basis, is incredible

Albertz Was King
17-02-2017, 03:32
Surely Ross Wilson would be a massive coup given the job he's done at Southampton. Their academy seems to be a conveyor belt of talent and their stability as a EPL club given the players they've sold on in recent years, on almost a annual basis, is incredible

Wilson is highly respected down south.

If we were to secure his services it would be quite the coup.

The_Glorious_12th
17-02-2017, 04:57

Wilson isn't a DoF.

The_Glorious_12th
17-02-2017, 04:59

That's Les Reed's work.

Now he would be a coup.

Zigic
17-02-2017, 07:16
Just to see AWK and Captain Couraegous meltdown over the Watford connection is enough fun for me alone.

Warburton would have been an excellent DoF.

sherbrook_loyal
17-02-2017, 07:32
Wilson isn't currently the Southampton DoF, I think he's their Head of Recruitment, so presumably he'd be stepping up if he joined us as DoF.
He's the standout candidate for me.

artificialintoleranz
17-02-2017, 07:39
Wilson isn't currently the Southampton DoF, I think he's their Head of Recruitment, so presumably he'd be stepping up if he joined us as DoF.
He's the standout candidate for me.

That doesn't worry me. It is probably the main reason we would be in with a shout of getting him.

He has worked at a club who employ this kind of system and performed well within it. If he has ambition and is looking to make a step up then that only goes is his favor.

CaptainCourageous
17-02-2017, 07:51
Just to see AWK and Captain Couraegous meltdown over the Watford connection is enough fun for me alone.

I'd love you to go and find a post that I've made RE; Warburton and his Watford connection.

By the way, you won't be able to find any!

Any way, Craig Moore won't be any where near the DOF role. The other three are interesting names and relatively young as well; 37, 34 and 32/33. Certainly a change from just throwing out the name Alex McLeish.

abronhillbear
17-02-2017, 07:57
Think they grabbed by moores name because he was having a conversation with jellybeans on twitter. Nothing in it. Wilson for me all day long would be a coup and a half

mreblue
17-02-2017, 08:00
Wilson is highly respected down south.

If we were to secure his services it would be quite the coup.

I agree, out of all the names mentioned so far he appears to be the best.

Dogbert
17-02-2017, 08:14
Quite happy with any of the three.

I'm not sure how good the Watford Youth Product is, but they do seem to have an excellent scouting system that allows them to turnover managers at the whim of the owners and still remain hard to beat.

Wilson will have his work cut out to beat two more established candidates in interview, but I like that dynamic that should provide a top appointment for a mission critical position.

Wickerman74
17-02-2017, 08:34
Craig Moore? Do me a favour! If he hadn't played for Rangers his name wouldn't be mentioned.

Ditto Billy Davies for manager.

All of the Lights
17-02-2017, 08:46
Wilson apparently friendly with Craig Mullholland and Craig Robertson from our youth department.

Tenchleysblue
17-02-2017, 08:58
I think a lot of people think Wilson is DOF at Southampton. He is not. He is one of the chief scouts. Been there for two years.

All of the Lights
17-02-2017, 09:03
I think a lot of people think Wilson is DOF at Southampton. He is not. He is one of the chief scouts.

Don't think we'd have a chance of getting their DoF due to how good their set up already is. Think the fact he has worked as part of it would mean he's coming here for a promotion and to build on what he's learned there.

superally54
17-02-2017, 09:07

Will we rehire him for a laugh?

jackdaniels78
17-02-2017, 09:08
Moore with Muscat as manager? Don't believe either have a remote chance.

A key part of the DOF will be setting up a effective scouting network and progressing the academy. Wilson seems to tick the boxes

Deacon_Frost
17-02-2017, 09:08

He would if he was one of us

shotasboots
17-02-2017, 09:22
Wow those names (Southampton apart) are really uninspiring.

jimbo.b
17-02-2017, 09:31
If we went for a Top, up and coming young continental manager the Daily Mail headline would be "They're taking our jobs".

There will be an awful lot of guesswork in the Press until we actually make an announcement.

Butcher6
17-02-2017, 09:48
Wonder how Wilson from Southampton would get on with us considering his recent policy of buying who has been good for Celtic would be a closed avenue!!!

scottishcampbell
17-02-2017, 09:51
Where do they get these names from?

gp1981
17-02-2017, 09:53
Clueless media, no leaks from ibrox. I thought it was Brian Kidds job yesterday!

GBTQ
17-02-2017, 10:18
Wow those names (Southampton apart) are really uninspiring.

I'll guarantee you know nothing about any of the names 😂😂.

cav
17-02-2017, 10:42
Don't think we'd have a chance of getting their DoF due to how good their set up already is. Think the fact he has worked as part of it would mean he's coming here for a promotion and to build on what he's learned there.

He certainly sounds like he has a decent CV,and their set-up is something that has to be admired for sure.

On Craig Moore who hasn't got anywhere near the credentials anyway,having met the man I really wish I hadn't.

peepoday boy
17-02-2017, 23:03
Moore with Muscat as manager? Don't believe either have a remote chance.

A key part of the DOF will be setting up a effective scouting network and progressing the academy. Wilson seems to tick the boxes

What exactly does a DOF do? Is he above the manager in football matters? Does he sign players? Is he involved on match Day? Is this DOF clamour a load of pish?

I think we should be told (for transparency and all that).

copeland road
17-02-2017, 23:06
Luke Dowling. Jesus Christ. I played with him at Lewes about 15 years ago. He was an average left back. Can't believe he's cutting about in a job like that. Probably on a healthy wage as well.

portrushbear
17-02-2017, 23:10
I think a lot of people think Wilson is DOF at Southampton. He is not. He is one of the chief scouts. Been there for two years.

Wonder how people will like it when he keeps trying to sign paedo FC players :)

Albatronic
17-02-2017, 23:25
Wilson is director of scouting down there. Some of the players they have signed and moved on at healthy profit is to be admired. He's the standout I think and if we can get on the right track in the scouting department spending money won't be frowned upon as we should see the long term goal of profiting on all our investments.

Steven D
18-02-2017, 10:44
It's encouraging that newspapers are just throwing out names with zero substance. Means there's no leaks and everything being worked on in-house.

The one I do hope there's substance to is Wilson. I realise DOF would be a step up for him but his contacts etc would surely be a great benefit to any coach we employ.

DejaVoodoo
18-02-2017, 11:47
I work beside a couple of people involved in youth football. They both speak highly of Wilson. One of them knows Ross well, so phoned him to see if there was any truth to the story. He never gave anything away.

The guy also tried to discourage him from signing for us, but Ross just laughed it off.