PDA

View Full Version : Christian Nerlinger - Has he been mentioned for DoF?

Russell RFC
15-02-2017, 00:54
Filled a similar role at Bayern Munich, and was linked with us in this capacity not long ago. Listening to Stewart Robertson, sounds definite that this is the model we're pursuing.

Just wondering if he's been mentioned anywhere, and if anyone can shed any light on his time at Bayern.

brooklynblue
15-02-2017, 00:59
Is he still in football? He left Bayern in 2012.

ArtCorvelay
15-02-2017, 01:00
He was mentioned a few years ago when Graham Wallace said we were getting one after his "120 day review" :eek:

Here's a link to a discussion on his time at Bayern...

Link (https://therangersreport.com/2014/06/27/bayern-munich-bloggers-discuss-christian-nerlingers-time-with-club/)

Sir_Walter1872
15-02-2017, 02:04
Did he already not turn us down a few years ago?

Worthy_Candidate
15-02-2017, 08:21
Did he already not turn us down a few years ago?

I think he did but I am sure he mentioned the lack of stability at the club at the time.

scottishslybacon
15-02-2017, 08:35
He has definitely been mentioned on another thread.

mrskbb
15-02-2017, 08:58
Let me check I understand this?

A guy who appears to have been out of football(according to wikipedia) for 3 years would make a good DoF?

artificialintoleranz
15-02-2017, 09:31
Let me check I understand this?

A guy who appears to have been out of football(according to wikipedia) for 3 years would make a good DoF?

Aye, i would hate for us to be run like Bayern Munich were three years ago. It was five actually but hey ho.

People, not many but a few, are calling for Big Eck for the job. A man who has been out of football for 8 years and never in his puff been a DoF.

The Nerlinger question is no where near the craziest we have seen on the FF the last few days.

thebluenosebear
15-02-2017, 09:41
Aye, i would hate for us to be run like Bayern Munich were three years ago. It was five actually but hey ho.

People, not many but a few, are calling for Big Eck for the job. A man who has been out of football for 8 years and never in his puff been a DoF.

The Nerlinger question is no where near the craziest we have seen on the FF the last few days.

I'm not advocating Eck in anyway but he left his last club in May 2016.

artificialintoleranz
15-02-2017, 09:47
I'm not advocating Eck in anyway but he left his last club in May 2016.

You are right :o He has been busy actually sacked or left 'by mutual consent' consistently over the last eight years.

archimedes
15-02-2017, 09:47
The obsession with ex players rears it's ugly head again on FF.

There must be hundreds of guys out there who are better qualified to fill the role of DOF, but what's most important is that we get one who used to play for us....right?

thebluenosebear
15-02-2017, 09:55
You are right :o He has been busy actually sacked or left 'by mutual consent' consistently over the last eight years.

I'm not arguing, I'm not arguing for him back at Ibrox either (far from it I remember how bad it was in the end last time) however if you're going to make a point have the facts & like it or not the guy's not been out of work 8 years which was your original point.

DYNAMO_ROSCO
15-02-2017, 10:09
Ex-player or not the guy is a good candidate.

TN8
15-02-2017, 10:27
He was mentioned a few years ago when Graham Wallace said we were getting one after his "120 day review" :eek:

Here's a link to a discussion on his time at Bayern...

Link (https://therangersreport.com/2014/06/27/bayern-munich-bloggers-discuss-christian-nerlingers-time-with-club/)

Doesn't sound too positive at all from that link. Should be better candidates out there.

mrskbb
15-02-2017, 11:52

Yeah because there is no skill fade over a 5 year period, we are structured in exactly the same way as BM and football as a business doesnt alter over 5 years.

I agree its not the craziest idea over the last few days but I honestly dont think that ex players are the way forward.

cav
15-02-2017, 12:01
The obsession with ex players rears it's ugly head again on FF.

There must be hundreds of guys out there who are better qualified to fill the role of DOF, but what's most important is that we get one who used to play for us....right?

To be fair,most of us probably couldn't name many DOF's that might be suitable for the role but have heard of Nerlinger obviously because he used to play for us,so his name's been mentioned as a result.

I couldn't give a monkey's who the person is,long as they're deemed by the board to be the best fit available that we can attract and afford.The Brian Kidd link's interesting,wonder if he'd be the right type for us?

Laudrup1
15-02-2017, 12:26

It's almost funny to look back at that sort of stuff now. Almost.

Bigmother
15-02-2017, 12:45
Mark Wotte spoke to us ages ago about the role of DOF. Now it appears that we are going down that route I don't know if he might be in the running ?

peepoday boy
15-02-2017, 22:58
What would a DOF do that our manager couldn't do? Identify signings and pass them onto a coach? That is a recipe for a weekly blame game and simply blurs the lines of accountability. Get a manager in and let him get on with the job. We don't need another suit on the payroll to give out the impression that we are "forward thinking."

BBB05
15-02-2017, 23:26
Not Nerlinger ffs.