PDA

View Full Version : 5 years ago today

Bigmother
14-02-2017, 10:07
We went into Administration. We were deducted points which killed our title challenge and a chain of events began which led to the worst period in our illustrious 145 year history.
Now looking forward how equipped are we to reach the top again and what needs to be done to achieve it.

Avalon
14-02-2017, 10:12
Patience, leadership, investment and the continuing support of us all.

tonymcp
14-02-2017, 10:14
Hard one to answer ,at the end of the day we have to topple the filth .Easier said than done after the free run at the top and all the riches that go with it. Maybe one of the first steps would be someone within the club defending our corner and deal with all the media shite that they continually spout.
I have the feeling this will have a few replies this thread.

DerekTheElephant
14-02-2017, 10:23
A detailed, well-communicated plan from the board on the steps required to return revenue to pre-administration levels and crucially, the timescales involved.

steniebear
14-02-2017, 10:24
Sorry to sound like a doom merchant, however i think we are only now finding out the real cost of what 14/02/2012 has had on us.

The last 4 years we only measured ourselves against teams from the lower divisions and apart from the Cup semi last year we were quite happy to be climbing up the leagues.

My worry was always what Celtic would do for our arrival in the SPL and i always felt they would push the boat out for this season which they have done.

The victory in the semi last year papered over some huge cracks for us and gave the Taigs the jolt that they needed. On hindsight, we would have been better losing that semi and Ronnie Dildo would have stayed in place.

We have a tough few years to face to try to catch them unless we have a major investment and they have a few set backs.

bigbluebroxi
14-02-2017, 10:28
Sorry to sound like a doom merchant, however i think we are only now finding out the real cost of what 14/02/2012 has had on us.

The last 4 years we only measured ourselves against teams from the lower divisions and apart from the Cup semi last year we were quite happy to be climbing up the leagues.

My worry was always what Celtic would do for our arrival in the SPL and i always felt they would push the boat out for this season which they have done.

The victory in the semi last year papered over some huge cracks for us and gave the Taigs the jolt that they needed. On hindsight, we would have been better losing that semi and Ronnie Dildo would have stayed in place.

We have a tough few years to face to try to catch them unless we have a major investment and they have a few set backs.

As soon as we ended up going out of the spl it was apparent this would happen. Any notion that we could buold back up through the leagues was fanciful nonsense.

Its also exactly what lawwell wanted, for us to be in the top league but unable to compete.

Dalbear
14-02-2017, 10:39
To be more precise, the limited company that formerly operated our football club went into administration.

kenny1b
14-02-2017, 10:43
The fans have been the one constant in all this. I can't think of another club that would have continued to turn up in such numbers throughout everything we have been through.
I believe we now have a board in place who truly care about the club and will continue to do what is in the clubs b st interest.
Hopefully we are just a successful share issue from catching them. Thankfully they never did anything much in the champions league or we could be even further behind them.
Considering the alternatives, The futures bright!

tazzabear
14-02-2017, 10:56
My view is that next season, maybe two, is going to decide our future.
The next permanent managerial appointment is going to be the most crucial ever.
If we are not closer, a helluva lot closer, to septic by the end of the 18/19 season we'll be struggling to fill the stadium and the knock on effects of this are obvious.
It doesn't stop there though.
There are other factors that we have limited control of and have a massive bearing on our progress.
Any further success septic have in the CL is going to make our task much more difficult and getting our retail income and profit back with the club is absolutely paramount to our chances of success.

spotlight
14-02-2017, 10:57
A tough and sad 5 years at times.. we are rid of those rats now. We need patience and commitment. Short term cash into the lotto/ rising stars etc in huge numbers. Then a long term plan from a board who must attract the right talent on and off the park.
We are not going away..No Surrender.

cw3038
14-02-2017, 11:13
They tried to kill us,they failed,yes there is work to be done,we'll get there.

Popbear
14-02-2017, 11:18
I really feel that until we rid ourselves of Ashley, and regain control of that huge slice of income, we will be pissing in the wind.
We cannot keep taking injections from board members, yet we cannot issue new share to raise funds.
Ashley is the no 1 issue disrupting the growth of the company. The club would take care of itself once he is gone.

TPB90
14-02-2017, 12:23
Been a long hard 5 years. Can't wait until we get a hold of that league trophy again.

shotasboots
14-02-2017, 12:39
As soon as we ended up going out of the spl it was apparent this would happen. Any notion that we could buold back up through the leagues was fanciful nonsense.

Its also exactly what lawwell wanted, for us to be in the top league but unable to compete.

It wasn't fanciful nonsense.

It was neglectful & poor management that hindered team development and club development overall.

It was very do - able.

Going forward we will struggle to take in much investment due to a number of factors.

1. Ashley and boardroom wrangles
2. Negative press the fans/Club attracts
3. We will not take on a "sugar daddy"

I'd like to know how the board see themselves developing investment opportunities and any other ideas to increase our income.

blueismycolour
14-02-2017, 12:42
Patience, leadership, investment and the continuing support of us all.

You have stated the easy part, now here's the hard part, patience, leadership, investment our support will never be in question though.

Bigmother
14-02-2017, 13:10
The bottom line is we need to hear from the board in detail how we are going to close the financial gap. I don't think youth,a good coach and a couple of experienced pros will do it.

bigbluebroxi
14-02-2017, 13:59
It wasn't fanciful nonsense.

It was neglectful & poor management that hindered team development and club development overall.

It was very do - able.

Going forward we will struggle to take in much investment due to a number of factors.

1. Ashley and boardroom wrangles
2. Negative press the fans/Club attracts
3. We will not take on a "sugar daddy"

I'd like to know how the board see themselves developing investment opportunities and any other ideas to increase our income.

It was a ludicrous notion. End of story.

shotasboots
14-02-2017, 14:05
It was a ludicrous notion. End of story.

That's that then. Good debate 😒