PDA

View Full Version : Michael O'Halloran

Jacrispy
12-02-2017, 16:54
About as cowardly a player as I've seen at Rangers.

He doesn't want the ball so he stays with the defenders to take himself out as an option for a pass. Then there's his inability to lift his head and see the picture around him, instead it's just a little burst then cross into the first defender

He had a chance to show any potential new manager he was worth a try, but looked too frightened

The-Wall
12-02-2017, 16:58
Gie the guy a break ffs.

It wasn't just him that made mistakes today.

Play him through the middle and see how he does then.

gtm
Not the quality we need. McCann rightly critical of his movement in commentary but on those few occasions he did get the ball, his thought process is shockingly bad.

Just hasn't worked out with him so we need to move him on.

The Busby Bear
Exactly what I thought, he puts himself in positions that are almost impossible to find with a pass. He's also a very poor footballer.

Fleshers_Haugh
12-02-2017, 16:59
Not sure what is wrong with him. Seems to have all the attributes needed to succeed other than a football brain. Strange signing at a time when we needed better - I know he is an 'athlete' but I think he needs a loan spell or a run in the reserves to boost his confidence. I'm sure there is a player in there somewhere but he is no where near ready to pull on a first team shirt yet.

superger
12-02-2017, 17:00
MOH is often the scapegoat for horrific performances. Few had pass marks today.

Jacrispy
12-02-2017, 17:00
Gie the guy a break ffs.

He's been at it for an awful long time so no I won't give the guy a break. Some players are just poor, not many go out their way to hide the way this guy does.

Sick of it

bilkobear
12-02-2017, 17:01
He is either brainless or his confidence is totally shot.

I have stuck up for him, but I have to agree with the OP.
There is no place at Rangers for a player who hides.
The shirt is too big for him.

J.E.L.A.V.I.C
He is utter garbage, movement in s atrocious,crossing atrocious, sooner we punt him the better

bluescot
Yeah. Looks like a good player for a smaller club. Certainly looks as if he hasn't the mentality for us.

tkmcg
12-02-2017, 17:02
Think he is like the majority at the club at the moment his confidence is through the floor.

blue homer

He doesn't want the ball so he stays with the defenders to take himself out as an option for a pass. Then there's his inability to lift his head and see the picture around him, instead it's just a little burst then cross into the first defender

He had a chance to show any potential new manager he was worth a try, but looked too frightened

Absolutely brain deed, bringing him on nearly cost us the game .i can see murty's thinking , their tiring, they've got to push forward and they'll leave space at the back to exploit . Get someone with pace on . Pity as you say he brought a coward on

usbear
He plays like he's been found out

douzpwa
Not the quality we need. McCann rightly critical of his movement in commentary but on those few occasions he did get the ball, his thought process is shockingly bad.

Just hasn't worked out with him so we need to move him on.

Or give him a run of games?

okeydokey505
12-02-2017, 17:03
Jesus H Christ

Can folk not wait until the ref blows the whistle to start on someone.

GaryBolan
At least the guys that made mistakes actually wanted the ball, it was quite evident O'Halloran was avoiding it - and if he did get it he was offloading it as soon as he possibly could.

douzpwa
Think he is like the majority at the club at the moment his confidence is through the floor.

I think you are spot on!

Earth Worm Jim
Let's not kid ourselves on, he is absolutely pish.

Destined for bottom 6 team

deekieboy
12-02-2017, 17:04
Why are folk still defending him?

He's absolutely awful.

sdninety
12-02-2017, 17:04
obviously lacking confidence.hiding when he came on today.

Lenzie Blue
12-02-2017, 17:05
Game changed when he came on, we ended up a man down.

montyplums
12-02-2017, 17:06
He's never looked interested since he signed for us

supergers07
12-02-2017, 17:06
Wasn't lost on me that McCann seemed to be offering a lot of coaching analysis to MOH. A new manager will get him motoring for sure.

I wonder if Mcleish will be bringing McCann in alongside

gallowhillPROD
12-02-2017, 17:07
"Play him through the middle"...I'm sick of hearing this it's mental.
Tell me what idea could anyone have for wanting this.
He lacks composure,easily shoved off ball and has no footballing brain whatsoever.

Houlet
I think MOH is very good at what he does however I don't think he should have been a target signing. He's very quick and needs space to run into, most teams we meet park the bus so we don't get the best from him. Maybe we bought him to play in Europe and against the schum.

Jacrispy
Jesus H Christ

Can folk not wait until the ref blows the whistle to start on someone.

What ****ing difference does it make?

Some players are just crap, that's not their fault I can accept that. I'll never accept players hiding or players passing the buck, it's pathetic.

gtm
12-02-2017, 17:09

I think he almost certainly will get games between now and the end of the season and I understand his confidence is low just now, but where do you see him fitting into the team going forward? He's not a winger IMO. Should we play him through the middle? I'm just not sure he can turn it around from here.

clashcityrocker
12-02-2017, 17:09
He looked like he didn't want to be on pitch to me. Didn't show any commitment or determination.

okeydokey505
12-02-2017, 17:10
What ****ing difference does it make?

Some players are just crap, that's not their fault I can accept that. I'll never accept players hiding or players passing the buck, it's pathetic.

To me it makes a difference when we are at a low ebb yet folk can't wait to be first on a message board to start a negative thread about our own team.

But that is my opinion and you have yours.

stevieg_83
12-02-2017, 17:11
doesn't have the intelligence to be a footballer. Terrible decision making.

inverhouse
12-02-2017, 17:12
MOH looks like a player with not one bit of confidence i think he could do a good job for us .
When a new manager comes in.

jdm1873
12-02-2017, 17:13
Coming back from the game, to be honest I've defended him but he was dire. He can't control a ball.

Dalbear
I think he almost certainly will get games between now and the end of the season and I understand his confidence is low just now, but where do you see him fitting into the team going forward? He's not a winger IMO. Should we play him through the middle? I'm just not sure he can turn it around from here.

Confidence is very important of course. There'll be a new manager in (maybe two) so we'll see how things go then.

nosh111
Gie the guy a break ffs.

no way anyone can defend his performance today, his fresh legs should have given us advantage but we got worse

Jacrispy
12-02-2017, 17:14
To me it makes a difference when we are at a low ebb yet folk can't wait to be first on a message board to start a negative thread about our own team.

But that is my opinion and you have yours.

Rangers fan in wanting to discuss post match player performance on Rangers forum shocker!

Worthy_Candidate
12-02-2017, 17:16
You just know that the moment the ball is played to him, the move will break down.

He offers absolutely nothing.

Whether that can improve, who knows?

But it ain't looking likely.

gallowhillPROD
12-02-2017, 17:16
Rangers fan in wanting to discuss post match player performance on Rangers forum shocker!

I know..how fkn dare they.

douzpwa
12-02-2017, 17:17

I agree about playing him through the middle but he needs run of games to regain his confidence imo! I would like to see a few turn it around!

gtm
12-02-2017, 17:20
I agree about playing him through the middle but he needs run of games to regain his confidence imo! I would like to see a few turn it around!

Without doubt, more than a few need to turn it around starting at Dens next week. If not, we can forget about 2nd place. Can't rely on Miller, Hill, McKay and Hyndman for the rest of the season. Others will need to step up.

HARTHILL_GER
12-02-2017, 17:22
His lack of effort today was an utter disgrace. Twice in the last ten minutes Miller and Waghorn had to cover him as he walked back. He also looks like he's never played football before when it comes to running off the ball. The guy is hopeless.

Dodoo has to be in the squad before him going forward.

Jacrispy
12-02-2017, 17:23
We're in 3rd place in February. We don't have time for the luxury of giving frightened players who don't want the ball a "run of games"

Westend
The man without a (football) brain.

Bassfreeker
He literally never makes the correct runs, he needs someone to pull him aside and help him with his pitch awareness.

Dadoprso's ponytail9
12-02-2017, 17:25
He's got no confidence what so ever at the moment maybe a new manager will help him

SpongebobSquarePass
12-02-2017, 17:34
He's just low on confidence and he's a confidence player.

Needs a proper chance with a run of games.

If he is p1sh after that fair enough.

truebear51
12-02-2017, 17:34
Wasn't lost on me that McCann seemed to be offering a lot of coaching analysis to MOH. A new manager will get him motoring for sure.

I wonder if Mcleish will be bringing McCann in alongside

McCann spoke a lot of sense.

HARTHILL_GER
12-02-2017, 17:35
Confidence is nothing to do with not giving a flying **** as soon as you come on

RangersNumberFour

He's not a winger? Whys he been playing there his full career then??

The run of games thing...

He's had so many excuses made for him it's untrue. It's maybe time he sat in the stand to appreciate how little he is doing in the team because he's had runs in the team and that didn't help improve his performances.

Blue 9
Apparently there's a player in there.

RangersNumberFour
12-02-2017, 17:36
McCann spoke a lot of sense.

He just pointed out the obvious, things that a 26 year old right winger should already know himself.

gallowhillPROD
12-02-2017, 17:36
Apparently there's a player in there.

A striker due a run through middle if you listen to some.

Tomato Plant
12-02-2017, 17:37
You simply can't giving dross like MOH chances. He's had his chances didn't take them. Another woeful signing.

lets hope someone will take him off our hands in the summer.

HARTHILL_GER
12-02-2017, 17:38
He's not a winger? Whys he been playing there his full career then??

The run of games thing...

He's had so many excuses made for him it's untrue. It's maybe time he sat in the stand to appreciate how little he is doing in the team because he's had runs in the team and that didn't help improve his performances.

I can't remember a Rangers player having so many different excuses offered for his ineptitude.

Jacrispy
12-02-2017, 17:38
You simply can't giving dross like MOH chances. He's had his chances didn't take them. Another woeful signing.

lets hope someone will take him off our hands in the summer.

Exactly. He's had them. His two gave us a red card and a cowardly lazy performance

It genuinely felt like we'd had a man sent off after he came on

Live Forever
12-02-2017, 17:40
One trick pony. No movement off the ball and no football brain whatsoever.

MrBrightside
12-02-2017, 17:41
Poor mans Greg Wylde.

motherwellblue
12-02-2017, 17:41
Tired of saying it.He's hopeless.Can't beat anyone,can't get a cross past the first defender,can't do anything except run into the man in front of him.A complete waste of money and time. the sooner we get rid of dross like this we the better.

Dakota
12-02-2017, 17:42
I think he will come good, don't know just do

eleventh floor
I was so disappointed with him today, he wasn't interested.

The Busby Bear
People saying he needs a run of games, would you be happy to have a player in the starting 11 play like that week in week out and still start games? He's rank rotten and should be punted at the first opportunity.

RangersNumberFour
12-02-2017, 17:43
Poor mans Greg Wylde.

Greg Wylde used to start games in a very decent Rangers side

MOH can't start in a terrible Rangers side

Jacrispy
12-02-2017, 17:44
I think he will come good, don't know just do

I've got no clue how you're still on here.

pelem
12-02-2017, 17:50
HALLIDAY, SENDEROS, O'HALLERAN, ................not good enough.

They are stealing wages from us.

Halliday, cannot trap a ball first time.That's where his clumsy mistakes happen.

Senderos.....heading ability is atrocious and his passing is gash. That's the first time I've seen him live for us and playing 90 minutes.

O'Halleran.....NO heart, NO fight, gives up possession too easily and contribution is very minimal.

Blue 9
12-02-2017, 17:52
A striker due a run through middle if you listen to some.

Yup because all of a sudden his game awareness will kick in .
Utillisd with his speed ,he will be magically transformed into a striker.

Another school of thought believe he's a doo.

MrBrightside
12-02-2017, 17:53
Greg Wylde used to start games in a very decent Rangers side

MOH can't start in a terrible Rangers side
Greg Wylde was pish,MOH is pishier!

usbear
12-02-2017, 17:53
He's worse than David templeton

Every player should know that if things aren't going well for you on the park you can at least just run around, track back and be a nuscience

Moh looked like he couldn't be arsed today

Drumchapel-Bear
12-02-2017, 17:55

Not this again 🙈

Blue Lew
12-02-2017, 17:57
He offered nothing today. There were a couple of occasions when Wes was ready to launch the ball, MOH was in space but he didn't even try to make himself noticed.

jango
12-02-2017, 18:07
He's got everything but ability

Loyal Bear 72
12-02-2017, 18:08
Thought the red card was the last we would have seen of him. Still think he is on borrowed time.

Blue Sea Of Ibrox
12-02-2017, 18:19
He is horrific. Said it from the start. Nowhere near good enough for us.

bertram
12-02-2017, 18:20
Sproule.

Jacrispy
12-02-2017, 18:23
Yup because all of a sudden his game awareness will kick in .
Utillisd with his speed ,he will be magically transformed into a striker.

Another school of thought believe he's a doo.

Based off of absolutely nothing other than the fact Lovenkrands was also quick and did better through the middle. But then Lovenkrands was also a far better footballer, a great finisher and he'd make the right runs.

BroomloanWATP
12-02-2017, 18:24
An awful, awful, awful excuse for a footballer.

GioLoyal
12-02-2017, 18:27

He's not the only one of our players who does this tbh.

weetam3106
12-02-2017, 18:31
Bet that the new manager makes him a player. Though his final ball today was as shite as it comes.

wilso10
12-02-2017, 18:32
Gie the guy a break ffs.

Why play a guy, who made a name for himself at St Johnstone as a wide right player, a chance through the middle?

Seriously, what is your logic here?

The guy is chronic, face it - 500k pissed down the drain.

That header at the back post he had sums the guy up.

rangersno.1
12-02-2017, 18:44
An abomination of a footballer who should never play another game for us.

HARTHILL_GER
12-02-2017, 18:46
He offered nothing today. There were a couple of occasions when Wes was ready to launch the ball, MOH was in space but he didn't even try to make himself noticed.

It was his lack of effort today that astounded me. He did not give a **** - a chance for him too with a new manager coming in.

Folk (including myself) slating Senderos in the other thread for being shite but at least the big mental bastard gives 100%

Southfork Loyal
12-02-2017, 18:50
He and Senderos should be the first two out the door. Both dreadful signings and a waste of wages.

eastenclosure4life
12-02-2017, 18:53
Hes utter crap he offers nothing head down win a corner job done he goes through the motions in the warm up then does the same in match .

SpongebobSquarePass
12-02-2017, 19:01
Funny how previously impressive players become "shyte" when the sign for us.

batistuta2234
12-02-2017, 19:04
He's one of the worse players I've ever seen. What was 'Warbs' thinking about when he spunked half a million on him?

cav
12-02-2017, 19:07
It was his lack of effort today that astounded me. He did not give a **** - a chance for him too with a new manager coming in.

Folk (including myself) slating Senderos in the other thread for being shite but at least the big mental bastard gives 100%

That made me chuckle on what has otherwise been a pretty poor day again so cheers mate :D And your points are spot on with both sadly as well.

jackdaniels78
12-02-2017, 19:15
He does not have what it takes mentally to play for us, did not want to be on the pitch today

Aggieblue
12-02-2017, 19:15
I'd of put Garner on before MOH, he's got nowt about him, sorry.

M@x
12-02-2017, 19:17
He has no football brain

bornabluenose
12-02-2017, 19:20
Seen enough now to know he hasn't got it, that simple.

ca100
12-02-2017, 19:22
It's quite cringe watching him at times. That 'header' today at the back post was embarrassing. He just doesn't look like he has any idea where he's meant to go or what he's meant to be doing. It's actually strange to watch. A really terrible signing.

markyp
12-02-2017, 19:36
I am sick to the back teeth withis guy. He was hiding today. His header at the goal was a joke, got in the way of a shot on target... final ball was atrocious.... should be nowhere near a Rangers team.
A terrible signing, 2 goals against us and Warburton thought he was a world beater ....
How many goals did he actually score in his career at St Johnstone? Be lucky if he ever hit double figures a season.

He is not interested in playing for Rangers

barryhopez
12-02-2017, 19:43
I can't remember a Rangers player having so many different excuses offered for his ineptitude.

Player in there somewhere........

Needs a run of games...........

Needs to be played through the middle (yet the experts also want Dodoo, Waghorn, Miller and Garner played through the middle as well)

thelivibluenose
12-02-2017, 19:47
I feel sorry for him that header was the actions of a player with zero confidence, I'm. I'm not if I think there's s player in there or not but what we have at the moment is a guy who could be doing with a hand round the shoulder

chelseablue
12-02-2017, 19:52
McCann exposed this afternoon that his positioning is shocking.

cullybear
12-02-2017, 20:00
He's one of the worse players I've ever seen. What was 'Warbs' thinking about when he spunked half a million on him?
Almost looks like he was bought off the back of his wonder goal against our poor defence. Starting to think we didn't watch him apart from that game!

stayfor90mins
12-02-2017, 20:01
He's not looked interested since day one tbh

rangersno.1
12-02-2017, 20:07
Funny how previously impressive players become "shyte" when the sign for us.

He's never been impressive that's why at the ripe old age of 25 he was playing with feckin st Johnstone.

Derek Trotter
12-02-2017, 20:08
He really is rotten

Head down and run in a straight line before hitting the first man with an attempted cross that doesnt get off the ground.

And repeat

500k wasted. Cheers MW

GazzaNumber8
12-02-2017, 20:49
I for one wanted to see more of him but after todays performance with the gloves , poor body language, shocking decision making and lack lustre attitude, hes welcome to leave anytime he likes.

GERSFAN2012
12-02-2017, 22:36
What the hell you all talking about MOH leave the lad alone god sometimes i feel even Messi would not be good enough he hasnt had many games also MW never played him a lot now is histime to shine so give him that and i will see about buying messi for you

bob1873
12-02-2017, 22:38
He is either brainless or his confidence is totally shot.
I have stuck up for him, but I have to agree with the OP.
There is no place at Rangers for a player who hides.
The shirt is too big for him.

Personally I think the lad has absolutely none of the above it's been drained out of the boy. Needs an arm round the shoulder and a run in the team.

blue-willie
12-02-2017, 22:47
He's been rotten a terrible signing from our old manager.

GEODGC
12-02-2017, 22:48
What the hell you all talking about MOH leave the lad alone god sometimes i feel even Messi would not be good enough he hasnt had many games also MW never played him a lot now is histime to shine so give him that and i will see about buying messi for you

This post made me chuckle more than I should have. I'm picturing a wee guy of about 12 posting that:D Apologies if you are a real grown up poster.

Deejj206
12-02-2017, 22:53
It's not just confidence the guy is garbage. Absolutely no composure no confidence? Aye very good he'll be on the best part of half a million a year inc bonuses, I wish I had his worries

Whoopdedoo
12-02-2017, 22:56
I think it's down to confidence. It's nothing to do with "playing for Rangers" in my opinion because most of the team don't know what that means anyway.

doc holliday
12-02-2017, 22:58
A big disappointment like Boyd second time around...seems to hide and not want to take responsibility ,his 'header' summed up his contribution today.

suramericaranger
12-02-2017, 23:02
OP is right. He is a pound shop Lovenkrands. And no matter what memories have done to ease the pain of Lovenkrands, I remember how much a shitebag he was.

Awful waste of money.

wd1873
12-02-2017, 23:03
He was never a standout in a poor St johnstone team. Yes he ripped our centre backs once in the cup, it was a lazy signing based on one decent performance.

Lets face it looking back MW had an awful eye for a player for us.

Wes is the only signing he's made out of 20+ who look to be good enough long term.

GEODGC
12-02-2017, 23:09
I must admit, I feel sorry for O'Halloran, he was signed from a team that play on the break at times, especially away to the likes of Rangers and Celtic. His whole game is using his blistering pace to get in behind defences from the area around the halfway line or just beyond. When he arrived here he has been asked to play against defences that sit in with 11 men behind the ball, they sit deep and offer very little chance for a guy like him to get in behind them. Ironically, the games when he could have done a bit of damage...away to Celtic, the cup game at Hampden etc....he hasn't had a sniff.

Whoopdedoo
12-02-2017, 23:11
OP is right. He is a pound shop Lovenkrands. And no matter what memories have done to ease the pain of Lovenkrands, I remember how much a shitebag he was.

Awful waste of money.

No matter how much pl would go missing, I've no idea why you'd compare they two. Pl cost two - three times as much and was value for money when you look at his goals to game and achievements. MOH has been completely woeful.

robertobear
12-02-2017, 23:11
The guy certainly has pace but very little to go with it but he could man up with a stronger manager.

mayfairblue2
12-02-2017, 23:30
He looked like a little boy lost today.

PartickGer
12-02-2017, 23:34
He's been a poor signing with questionable commitment and a one dimensional approach. Would have been happy if we could have recouped some of his transfer cost in January.

supermac1873
12-02-2017, 23:35
If we could get half of what we paid for him we'd be doing well.

twosignals
12-02-2017, 23:47
A big disappointment like Boyd second time around...seems to hide and not want to take responsibility ,his 'header' summed up his contribution today.

At least with Kris Boyd he tried, and the vast majority of times there was not a sole feeding him, as for MOH, sorry we're landed with him because of his contract which was well overpriced in the first place.

RangersNumberFour
12-02-2017, 23:49
At least with Kris Boyd he tried, and the vast majority of times there was not a sole feeding him, as for MOH, sorry we're landed with him because of his contract which was well overpriced in the first place.

Boyd tried? He was a fat mess in his second spell.

paul8gascoigne
13-02-2017, 00:22
He can run fast. That is it.

Vladimirweiss69
13-02-2017, 02:21
Wow MOH must be the most slated player at the club, people are saying he almost cost us the game when he came on, don't know how.

What about halliday or senderos who was even worse than him. Tbh I wouldn't really care if we lost any of our players at the moment, none of them are good enough to challenge!

toadegree
13-02-2017, 02:41
No wonder Dave King wasn't happy with way money was being spent, when we spunked 800k on a sprinter.

CaptainObjective
13-02-2017, 02:47
A shameful waste of resources. He is a god awful footballer.

Jacrispy
13-02-2017, 02:54
Wow MOH must be the most slated player at the club, people are saying he almost cost us the game when he came on, don't know how.

What about halliday or senderos who was even worse than him. Tbh I wouldn't really care if we lost any of our players at the moment, none of them are good enough to challenge!

Hiding? We might as well have been playing with 10 men. Gets the ball and instantly looks to get rid of it

At the end he just had to stay wide and Toral can basically play him in on goal. He half heartedly jogs towards the centre halfs so he doesn't have to receive the pass and risk making an arse of it

His level of cowardice deserves all the criticism it attracts

thethunderer
13-02-2017, 03:04
Very disappointed with what he's had to offer. No that it is deserved but he may well get another chance with a different manager and formation/ethos.

laud11coop
13-02-2017, 04:00
Maybe ...he just simply...doesn't want to be here!

Zigic
13-02-2017, 06:15

:D

How time changes opinion.

He was too lazy to get off his @rse the second time round.

He came for a pay cheque. He was a joke in the second spell.

dna1
13-02-2017, 09:07
His heart isn't in it to play for us, didn't look like he wants the ball , get shot asap

Sutton_Blows_g0ats
13-02-2017, 09:08
doesnt have it, cant understand why they signed him.

potnryan_2
13-02-2017, 09:49
Waghorn gets it tight on here and he is 20 x the player of MOH. Needs punted asap

Sebo1873
13-02-2017, 09:54
He's got an uncanny ability to always hit the defender when he crosses, i think he lacks a footballing brain as he always cuts inside when there is space on the flanks and as a result he was the cause of a few moves breaking down yesterday with his stupidity.

The Big Cheese
13-02-2017, 09:55
Why are folk still defending him?

He's absolutely awful.

Flogging a dead horse springs to mind.
The O'Hallaron defenders just cannot admit that they're wrong.
He is one of the poorest players ever to wear the jersey.

supergers07
13-02-2017, 10:04
Up to a new manager to decide if he warrants a go, like all of them.

Clean slate for the majority

CGC
13-02-2017, 10:15
I don't think he's a bad footballer all of a sudden after signing for us, just that as a self-proclaimed Celtc fan his heart isn't in it.

Guaranteed his 'form' will return when he's sold.

david1982
13-02-2017, 10:20
O'Halloran is not suited to playing in a game where the opposition has 10 men behind the ball, he does not have the ability to beat a full back and bung in a cross.

His main attribute is the out ball for a team who soak up pressure and hit on the break where he can play on the shoulder and then get in behind with his pace.

He will go somewhere else in the SPL and be ok, it just does not suit him at Rangers.

supergers07
13-02-2017, 10:23
O'Halloran is not suited to playing in a game where the opposition has 10 men behind the ball, he does not have the ability to beat a full back and bung in a cross.

His main attribute is the out ball for a team who soak up pressure and hit on the break where he can play on the shoulder and then get in behind with his pace.

He will go somewhere else in the SPL and be ok, it just does not suit him at Rangers.

Sounds like a tactic a certain incoming manager may adopt in games.

twosignals
13-02-2017, 10:26
He's got an uncanny ability to always hit the defender when he crosses, i think he lacks a footballing brain as he always cuts inside when there is space on the flanks and as a result he was the cause of a few moves breaking down yesterday with his stupidity.

He cuts inside from the wing because he is a COWARD, he knows the stick he will get from the fans when he makes ANOTHER Balls Up, never a footballer at a big Club suited to one exception, in the East End, then its lower half of the SPL.

jellybeans
13-02-2017, 10:27
"Play him through the middle"...I'm sick of hearing this it's mental.
Tell me what idea could anyone have for wanting this.
He lacks composure,easily shoved off ball and has no footballing brain whatsoever.

I don't get this either haha changing where he plays will not somehow give him ability.

His movement yesterday was pathetic. McCann mentioned it on more than one occasion. He moves towards the ball and closer to the defender who he should be trying to get away from. He doesn't want the ball.

I will admit I was pleased when we signed up but what a failure he has been.

Bluenozebob
13-02-2017, 10:27
Very strange what has happened to him.
Like Templeton I had high hopes.

nemessis
13-02-2017, 10:41
He looks as fit as Phuck ,when he gets the ball he looks as though he is having a phu@kin fit, something definitely not right about him.

TPB90
13-02-2017, 10:44
This guy will never make it at Rangers. McCann rightfully slaughtered his movement yesterday, its abysmal.

BigBlueBomber
13-02-2017, 10:46
At the game yesterday and even my 15yo lad said "he walks around thinking he is gallas, but is scared to get the ball"

He has no urgency and as others have said just doesn't want the ball. When Morton had the ball he nonchalantly strolled back more concerned his sleeves covered the gap to his gloves. You wouldn't be cold mate if you had made any effort !

Aunty Christ
13-02-2017, 10:47
I always felt he didn't feel comfortable playing for the big bad Rangers. Its in his blood. A few posters on here seem to know him and say this is definitely not the case. That's fair enough. I now think his confidence has completely gone.

possilbear1
13-02-2017, 10:50
When he came on.I thought he looked totally disinterested in playing

davstr
13-02-2017, 10:53
Whatever the reason. Whatever the history. If it were possible to punt O'Halloran to a lower league English outfit I'd snap their hand off. Would never sell him to any Scottish club in case by some miracle his form miraculously returns and he comes back to haunt us. Webster-itis if you like. Complete charlatan who's been given more than enough chances

greigj85
13-02-2017, 11:04
Complete lack of interest. Looks very nervous as well.

Not sure if he is happy picking up a wage on the bench or his confidence is shot to pieces.

Either or, i hope he doesn't stick around for us to find the answer. Not good enough!

HARTHILL_GER
13-02-2017, 11:07
I don't get this either haha changing where he plays will not somehow give him ability.

His movement yesterday was pathetic. McCann mentioned it on more than one occasion. He moves towards the ball and closer to the defender who he should be trying to get away from. He doesn't want the ball.

I will admit I was pleased when we signed up but what a failure he has been.

Folk comparing him with Lovenkrands when the more apt comparison is Gregg Wylde. In fact I'd rather have Gregg Wylde in our squad than him - at least he tried/cared.

Graeme_N
13-02-2017, 11:07
Puts the TIM in timid.....

Sidebuster
13-02-2017, 11:19
a diddy .

barryhopez
13-02-2017, 11:33
Folk comparing him with Lovenkrands when the more apt comparison is Gregg Wylde. In fact I'd rather have Gregg Wylde in our squad than him - at least he tried/cared.

Ah, but would you play Gregg Wylde through the middle!?

instructor
13-02-2017, 13:27
He had a poor game yesterday and I've see him have some good games.
I knew the anti O'Halloran brigade would latch onto this performance to post their prejudice.

DeneRFC
13-02-2017, 14:15
He had a poor game yesterday and I've see him have some good games.
I knew the anti O'Halloran brigade would latch onto this performance to post their prejudice.

What good genuine matches. I honestly can't remember after a gaming saying he had a good game.

The Wizard
13-02-2017, 14:22
O'Halloran isn't a footballer. He's just someone who can run really fast with a ball at their feet. Can't pass or shoot, doesn't have a footballing brain and looks totally uninterested in anything going on around him.

SpatestonBear
13-02-2017, 14:23
Michael should be a great outlet for us with his pace but far to often he runs without thinking what he's doing.

HobJo
13-02-2017, 14:25
What good genuine matches. I honestly can't remember after a gaming saying he had a good game.

Killie and StJ at Ibrox. He was very good in both.

I have to say if you add his red card at Motherwell to his demeanour yesterday, I think he definitely wants out. That said, to be fair, he never recovered yesterday after he botched the header back rather than at goal with his first touch. His head clearly dropped after that.

He can be a very effective attacker used properly but yesterday was the poorest I've seen him and, as McCann was saying on the telly, he needs properly coached.

I certainly don't think anyone can judge him overall on the cameos he has for us. God knows what's been going on at Auchenhowie for the past year or so

princessofgovan
13-02-2017, 14:32
Killie and StJ at Ibrox. He was very good in both.

I have to say if you add his red card at Motherwell to his demeanour yesterday, I think he definitely wants out. That said, to be fair, he never recovered yesterday after he botched the header back rather than at goal with his first touch. His head clearly dropped after that.

He can be a very effective attacker used properly but yesterday was the poorest I've seen him and, as McCann was saying on the telly, he needs properly coached.

I certainly don't think anyone can judge him overall on the cameos he has for us. God knows what's been going on at Auchenhowie for the past year or so

As far as I am aware he is desperate to succeed at Rangers and is one of the first in and last to leave and takes on extra training which makes his performance yesterday all the more worrying.

For what it's worth I think his confidence is completely gone, at St Johnstone he had the luxury of playing week in week out without much scrutiny. The fact that a few SPL teams were keen to take him on loan makes me hope a decent manager could get better performances out of him.

HobJo
13-02-2017, 14:41
As far as I am aware he is desperate to succeed at Rangers and is one of the first in and last to leave and takes on extra training which makes his performance yesterday all the more worrying.

For what it's worth I think his confidence is completely gone, at St Johnstone he had the luxury of playing week in week out without much scrutiny. The fact that a few SPL teams were keen to take him on loan makes me hope a decent manager could get better performances out of him.

I agree. He looked all at sea. I noticed Waghorn gave him a wee pat on the back when he came on... get the feeling Waghorn was not just talking about himself when he had a dig at Warburton's team selection.

I hope a new manager puts an arm around him and gets him playing to the level he was at before. Even if his future ultimately lies elsewhere (I hope not), it does no one any good to trash the kid.

supergers07
13-02-2017, 14:45
I agree. He looked all at sea. I noticed Waghorn gave him a wee pat on the back when he came on... get the feeling Waghorn was not just talking about himself when he had a dig at Warburton's team selection.

I hope a new manager puts an arm around him and gets him playing to the level he was at before. Even if his future ultimately lies elsewhere (I hope not), it does no one any good to trash the kid.

This really is going to be last chance saloon for him
FWIW, I think someone like McLeish would use him for better than he has been so far.