PDA

View Full Version : Warburton spoke to Chris McLaughlin 5 mins after club statement

dh1963
11-02-2017, 23:25
According to the poisonous Rangers hater McLaughlin on Sportscene, he spoke to MW at 5 past 9 last night and was told he hadn't resigned. McLaughlin is currently banned from Ibrox press conferences, has no press privileges to speak to anyone at the club, yet is the first journalist our ex manager spoke to.

That tells us a lot...

sherbrook_loyal
11-02-2017, 23:25
Indeed it does.

The_Glorious_12th
11-02-2017, 23:26
A poisonous Rangers hater you say.

Yet you believe anything he says? :blink:

ChicagoBear
11-02-2017, 23:27
Gollum was the first to break the news "Warbs knows nothing about this"

Sums Warburton up when you consider the way he treated the press and also insisted that he doesnt know where these stories come from.

A guy banned from Ibrox was the first to speak to the manager! Thank f*ck he's no longer our manager.

stevesnedden
It tells me that MW has no regard for the club or our fans.

I loved the guy and I am totally furious that I have been duped.

NachoN10

Well he was the first one to report Warburton denying resigning. Warburton is a ****ing snake, just accept it

HHSS
11-02-2017, 23:29

The wee wank was the first to come out with MW hadn't resigned.

Sometimes, some of us have to take our heads out the sand.

derta
Who was that little rats famous girlfriend. A singer or something.

singapore sling
Well he was the first one to report Warburton denying resigning. Warburton is a ****ing snake, just accept it

I don't think he did resign in writing. Time will tell.
But sounds like a right snake as you say.

Kirbys House
11-02-2017, 23:31

His tweet was the first screenshot I got, sadly.

MW turned.

Redondo
11-02-2017, 23:33

i dont know but i struggle to understand what this has got to do with anything ?? is she gonny get it off you ?

Teddyjohn
11-02-2017, 23:34

Their agent confirmed the resignation in an email.

Albertz Was King
11-02-2017, 23:34
Warburton is a snake.

His mask has slipped.

derta
11-02-2017, 23:35
i dont know but i struggle to understand what this has got to do with anything ?? is she gonny get it off you ?

No sorry to annoy you was just discussing with someone there and couldn't remember.

stevie13000
11-02-2017, 23:35
Chris McLaughlin is a specky rodent!

The_Glorious_12th
11-02-2017, 23:36

MW turned.

How would MW even know who he is, let alone have his number?

Either way, Gollum has made a career out of trolling Rangers supporters. I'll continue to take anything he says with a fistful of salt.

jackdaniels78
Warburtons behaviour in the last week just confirms he is not what is needed to take the club forward, I thought he had more class than that in all honesty

RangersNumberFour
It's been a disappointing couple of days with all the information that's come out.

Hopefully tomorrow all will be forgotten and we move forward on the park

Top_Cat
Chris McLaughlin is a specky rodent!

He is, however MW is no better

Jacrispy

Still utterly spellbound by the baldy snake I see

miraculous

MW turned.

same here. doesn't say much for MW

suramericaranger
11-02-2017, 23:39
Not surprised at anything he has done at this point. Raging that I thought so highly of him as a person.

HHSS

Did you think before you typed this nonsense?

Kirbys House

Either way, Gollum has made a career out of trolling Rangers supporters. I'll continue to take anything he says with a fistful of salt.

Warbs was here for 18 months give or take, pretty sure he knows of him.

I hate the ****er but, as far as I know, he broke the denial story first. Suggests a direct link

KirkieBlueNose
11-02-2017, 23:40
He hasn't been allowed inside Ibrox for a year yet he has the full story ��

okeydokey505
11-02-2017, 23:40
Why would they have each others contact details ?

If we (Rangers) did not talk to the wee snake.

Teddyjohn
11-02-2017, 23:41
He hasn't been allowed inside Ibrox for a year yet he has the full story ��

Warburton has been speaking to McLaughlin and Weir has been leaking to Keith Jackson.

forever&ever
11-02-2017, 23:53
That wee Rangers hating cvnt Gollum was the last person on this earth Warburton should have gone to if he had anything to say about not resigning .
If there had been any semblance of truth in his statement he would surely have been better to come out himself & deny it.

KirkieBlueNose
11-02-2017, 23:59
Warburton has been speaking to McLaughlin and Weir has been leaking to Keith Jackson.

Exactly their side to the story we didn't accept the management teams resignation for no reason they wanted out they are due nothing

Redondo
12-02-2017, 00:09
No sorry to annoy you was just discussing with someone there and couldn't remember.

its cool, the question just came across rather creepy

The_Glorious_12th
12-02-2017, 00:19
Still utterly spellbound by the baldy snake I see

If Gollum told me the sky was blue i'd go outside and check.

NachoN10
12-02-2017, 00:22
If Gollum told me the sky was blue i'd go outside and check.

I think you're blind anyway so wouldn't make a difference to you

pelem
12-02-2017, 00:22

Well that certainly has a lot to do with this story.

You have some priorities, or maybe a mental lapse.

Embra Bear
12-02-2017, 00:26

Being duped seems to be a common theme with us bears.

Virgil Hilts
12-02-2017, 00:29
I'll play devils advocate and say its possible Warburton most likely hadnt a clue about the history with this reporter or didnt grasp the significance of what he was doing. It depends who sought out who

weetoonblue
12-02-2017, 00:32
It's been a disappointing couple of days with all the information that's come out.

Hopefully tomorrow all will be forgotten and we move forward on the park

Totally agree I thought he was a Rangers man turned out he is more like a celtic man.

Davie weir hurts more.

Hopefully the players give us a result tomorrow.

Burnbankblue
12-02-2017, 00:35
I think its more likely McLaughlin contacted Warburton for comment.

Pep_x
12-02-2017, 00:40
Every single journalist with his number would have tried to call MW as soon as the statement dropped last night.
I guess McGoblin was just lucky and got in first.

ontheline
12-02-2017, 00:40
Davie Edgar referred to Gollum getting the story first last night

ontheline
12-02-2017, 00:42
Eilidh Barbour of BT Sport

PalefaceRedskin03
12-02-2017, 00:48
According to the poisonous Rangers hater McLaughlin on Sportscene, he spoke to MW at 5 past 9 last night and was told he hadn't resigned. McLaughlin is currently banned from Ibrox press conferences, has no press privileges to speak to anyone at the club, yet is the first journalist our ex manager spoke to.

That tells us a lot...

His sources within the club have been Green, the Easdales and now it seems Warburton. As you say, that says a lot.

Even allowing for the fact that desperate people make bad decisions talking to that despicable apology for a journo makes me dislike him a little.

PalefaceRedskin03
12-02-2017, 00:51
Every single journalist with his number would have tried to call MW as soon as the statement dropped last night.
I guess McGoblin was just lucky and got in first.

Doubt it. He wouldn't answer the phone to just anybody. There's no way he wasn't aware of the issues with Pacific Quay in general and the kid on journo in particular. He's behaved badly from first to last this week.

SenoraCuellar
12-02-2017, 01:25

And to think they were going to chuck Kenny Miller under the bus and let him carry the blame for the leaks. Glad King cleared that up. Baskets of snakes.

Bishopton_Blue
12-02-2017, 01:30
But if Warburton hadn't resigned and thought he was still a rangers employee, why was he then talking to a BBC employee, who while working for rangers he was banned from talking too?

Surely that makes no sense?

weetoonblue
12-02-2017, 01:33
But if Warburton hadn't resigned and thought he was still a rangers employee, why was he then talking to a BBC employee, who while working for rangers he was banned from talking too?

Good point as he knows he was banned.

beejay
12-02-2017, 01:39
I'm surprised he hasn't spoke to the failed social worker yet.

talktalk
12-02-2017, 01:43

Susan Boyle.

bluenose1979
12-02-2017, 01:54

In what sense was anyone banned from talking to Gollum?

Gollum was NOT banned from Ibrox as far as I'm aware. He had his press privileges removed. He could still have paid to attend Ibrox, he just didn't get his usual free press access. The BBC have imposed their own "ban" on themselves.

As far as folk asking "how could they have each other's contact details?"... Jesus wept. It's not rocket science that the journo could PM the guy and ask to speak to him when the club statement came out and give him a contact number. If journos could only ever get stories or quotes from folk they already had the number of, they wouldn't get very far in their chosen line of work.

DeneRFC
12-02-2017, 02:01
I think you're blind anyway so wouldn't make a difference to you

Excellent :D

The_Glorious_12th
12-02-2017, 02:10
Excellent :D

Hysterical innit?

chinaman
12-02-2017, 02:12
I think its more likely McLaughlin contacted Warburton for comment.

agreed .

pennyblack
12-02-2017, 07:37
The next manager must be up to speed on not dealing with mcglauchlin in any capacity

Ali Baba
12-02-2017, 07:56
He has obviously contacted Warburton and broken the news to him.Perhaps he caught him off guard with it and rather than "no comment" he has replied" I know nothing about this matter."

turrabear
12-02-2017, 07:56
Just shows what type of man he is.

LJ50
12-02-2017, 08:07
I think the only thing that tells us is that McLaughlin was first to contact Warburton. Note he had no quotes, nothing beyond "Warburton knew nothing about the statement". Could simply be that he took Warburton by surprise, got that immediate "I don't know anything about the statement" reaction and that was that as Warburton rang off to get in touch with his agent / lawyer.

sirdrinksalot
12-02-2017, 08:08
I also found it interesting at the time of the Barton saga, right from the outset McLaughlin was peddling the line that Barton wouldn't kick a ball for Rangers again, this was 'information' that he was given, of course this proved to be correct.

im_a_good_bluenose
12-02-2017, 08:10

That tells us a lot...
Have a word with yourself ffs. Journalist? Lying rat bastard would be more accurate. If gollum said it was raining I would go to the window and check. No way on gods earth did he speak with mw at 21.05 on Friday or indeed any other time on Friday. He's a liar and a rangers hating khunt that's best ignored. Not a dig btw op your only stating what that tosser has said

LJ50
12-02-2017, 08:13
I also found it interesting at the time of the Barton saga, right from the outset McLaughlin was peddling the line that Barton wouldn't kick a ball for Rangers again, this was 'information' that he was given, of course this proved to be correct.
To be honest from the minute Barton was suspended that was the consensus assumption all round I think. More likely scenarios is that McLaughlin would have been making the same assumption and pretending it was based on info.

RS_Jam
12-02-2017, 08:18
This wee scrote would have been creaming his pants at having some dirt on us.

Shame on MW

..Obi-Wan..
12-02-2017, 08:35
Ellidh Barber or somethinglike that

Deacon_Frost
12-02-2017, 08:51

Is it not eilidh Barbour the bt sport interviewer this rodent goes out with?

mendes
12-02-2017, 08:52

That tells us a lot...

It tells you, ratface phoned him and MW picked his phone up.

truebear51
12-02-2017, 09:11
Another black mark against Warburton.

Virgil Hilts
12-02-2017, 09:25
Eilidh Barbour of BT Sport
Talk about punching above your weight... :eek:

revsween
12-02-2017, 09:27
I'll play devils advocate and say its possible Warburton most likely hadnt a clue about the history with this reporter or didnt grasp the significance of what he was doing. It depends who sought out who

Can't see that mate, everyone at Ibrox would know why Gollum is banned. He was our manager ffs.

bertram
12-02-2017, 09:28
It tells you, ratface phoned him and MW picked his phone up.

How did he get M W's phone number?

The Big Cheese
12-02-2017, 09:31
Their agent confirmed the resignation in an email.

Why did Warburton do the Friday Press Conference?

Derek1960
12-02-2017, 09:36
Every other BBC sports journalist (I use th term loosely) must be fuming. Given they have banned themselves because we banned him and he is the one to break ranks. A real snake

asialoyal
12-02-2017, 09:44

Feel exactly the same.

buster
12-02-2017, 09:57
McLaughlin has been tight with Toxic Jack/Mediahouse for a longtime and they have provided him with a lot of his (mis)information
these past few years. It's fair to say he became 'an asset' or an important conduit that was prepared to slant any story to order.

There may be other angles to this but when you hear him on anything Rangers, he'll always take any opportunity to offer qualified opinion that nearly always goes in one direction. eg. on his Friday night Sportsound report he layed into the board and especially Dave King, time and time again. Whilst they/he may be due some scrutiny, he was disproportionate in his attack given limited information out there at the time.

I still think Ashley, via Bishop who seems to sub-contract to Toxic will opportunistically attack where possible.
Both because the 'war' is still ongoing and the personal aspect to it.

--------------

On the other hand, it could simply be that McLaughlin wants to squeeze as much out of what in journalistic terms is a semi-scoop and/or the slant/willingness comes from habit/hatred/grudge.

-------------

Warburton would I think be prepared to talk to McLaughlin because BBC Scotland is a media outlet with an important reach and the basic premise that ... 'the enemy of what has become my enemy, could be my friend'.

mayfairblue2
12-02-2017, 10:10

Give him time.

Porto Loyal
12-02-2017, 10:10
McLaughlin phoned Warburton. He said so on Friday night

buster
12-02-2017, 10:19

My guess is that indirectly, he already has,.... about 8 months ago.

Papatango
12-02-2017, 10:39
Was I shocked that MW & co had gone?

Yes but more so in the way it unfolded.

I was to be honest more shocked that Gollum had spoken to MW within minutes of his departure.

In the fullness of time & on careful reflection on some of the negative stories pedalled by the wee rat I'm sure some of us will sadly come to the undeniable conclusion that MW has been engaging in duplicitous activity that can at vey best be described as disappointing.

I like to think that I'm a fairly sound judge of people's character but have to admit to my shame that MW has been playing a lot of us for fools for some time now & we bought it hook, line etc.

In his defence he has no history with RFC so I suppose more fool us etc.

David Weir is another story entirely he should have known better & fully deserves the shaming that will come his way.

possilbear1
12-02-2017, 10:51
The way I see it.Warburton contacted him.as Dave king says there was a leak from the boardroom. and which media outlet always seemed to break the story 1st the BBC. I maybe putting 2+2 and getting 5.but I still think Warburton contacted that f.ucking rhat

toadegree
12-02-2017, 10:55
His agent did, on his behalf.

bertram
12-02-2017, 10:56

Is that legally binding?

The Peoples Piper
12-02-2017, 11:29
Warbs is a bellend

gourockblue50
12-02-2017, 11:38

I think you need to keep up to speed.

derta
12-02-2017, 11:50

Yes his agent done it on his behalf because he was not enough of a man to face them himself. Just as he proved with the Barton incident a fuc-ing coward.

Bigmother
12-02-2017, 14:25

That tells us a lot...

McLaughlin phoned him. As he was no longer Rangers manager the usual "not speaking " rule didn't apply. I wouldn't read too much into this.

Bigmother
12-02-2017, 14:27
The way I see it.Warburton contacted him.as Dave king says there was a leak from the boardroom. and which media outlet always seemed to break the story 1st the BBC. I maybe putting 2+2 and getting 5.but I still think Warburton contacted that f.ucking rhat

McLaughlin himself said on Sportsound yesterday that he phoned Warburton.

Infinity
12-02-2017, 14:27

That tells us a lot...

Very good point mate one I hadnt thought about.

MW let us down as a football manager, but I never thought he would let us down so badly as a Rangers man.

truebear51
12-02-2017, 14:29

MW let us down as a football manager, but I never thought he would let us down so badly as a Rangers man.

Final insult on the way out.

mendes
12-02-2017, 14:30

MW'S phone rings and he answers it and is taken by surprise as to who is on the phone after just digesting the news he is no longer our manager.

mentalbox
12-02-2017, 14:33
I think the only thing that tells us is that McLaughlin was first to contact Warburton. Note he had no quotes, nothing beyond "Warburton knew nothing about the statement". Could simply be that he took Warburton by surprise, got that immediate "I don't know anything about the statement" reaction and that was that as Warburton rang off to get in touch with his agent / lawyer.

Yeah seems to add up for me too .

Id ask james traynor tbh

mentalbox
12-02-2017, 14:38
In what sense was anyone banned from talking to Gollum?

Gollum was NOT banned from Ibrox as far as I'm aware. He had his press privileges removed. He could still have paid to attend Ibrox, he just didn't get his usual free press access. The BBC have imposed their own "ban" on themselves.

As far as folk asking "how could they have each other's contact details?"... Jesus wept. It's not rocket science that the journo could PM the guy and ask to speak to him when the club statement came out and give him a contact number. If journos could only ever get stories or quotes from folk they already had the number of, they wouldn't get very far in their chosen line of work.

Exactly , this is one priceless farce of a story ☺

motherwellblue
12-02-2017, 17:46
Said it wouldn't take them long to tell(sell)their story to bbc/sun/record etc.Judas bastards.

bilkobear
12-02-2017, 18:00
Some of the comments on here are truly pathetic.

Some people live in a world where everything has to be black or white.
It is akin to childishness.

scooter70
12-02-2017, 18:03
MW'S phone rings and he answers it and is taken by surprise as to who is on the phone after just digesting the news he is no longer our manager.

I have some magic beans for sale, will send you over my bank details

ontheline
12-02-2017, 18:09
Is that legally binding?
Can't imagine an agent having a contract without power of attorney.

kingsburyblue
12-02-2017, 18:13

They must have known how to find each other as MW and that "journalist" b@st @rd were certainly prompt with their statement (of sorts)

kingsburyblue
12-02-2017, 18:21
Is that legally binding?

I would imagine that any grievance MW has would be with his agent.

I can't see anyway whatsoever that Rangers could be held accountable as an agent handles ALL his clients dealings.

This definatly looks like a case of the agent jumping the gun!!!!

babaji
12-02-2017, 18:41
I would imagine that any grievance MW has would be with his agent.

I can't see anyway whatsoever that Rangers could be held accountable as an agent handles ALL his clients dealings.

This definatly looks like a case of the agent jumping the gun!!!!

How has the agent jumped the gun?

bertram
12-02-2017, 18:50
If they are contesting their employment status, should they have turned up for work today?

ItsInTheNet
12-02-2017, 18:50

If it's any consolation he duped a whole load of people. No one thought him capable of such treachery.Sleeping with the enemy took on a whole new life of its own with him.

kingsburyblue
12-02-2017, 18:53
How has the agent jumped the gun?

By being convinced the Forrest job was in the bag

bearrette
12-02-2017, 22:50

Whit !!! that ugly baldy heided wee gargoyle has a girlfriend

mendes
12-02-2017, 22:53
I have some magic beans for sale, will send you over my bank details

You are the one that thinks there was some cunning plan by MW to get in touch with McLaughlin and give him some exclusive about him not being our manager anymore!

McLaughlin phones him up and MW answered his phone-wow!