PDA

View Full Version : This decisive meeting that took place.

HHSS
11-02-2017, 13:54
Why has there not been a denial from the management side that their representatives asked for a way out for them, if that is the claim from the board?

After all, that would swing the moral high ground right back in their favour, would it not?

Teddyjohn
11-02-2017, 13:55
According to Jellybeans last night they got rumbled at that meeting about skimming off transfers. There was no way back after that.

InsanicDrunk
11-02-2017, 14:00
Thats the clincher tbh. Rangers got the story out first and left it there for MW et al to deny.

No denial of the original meeting, even through a source.

kingsburyblue
11-02-2017, 14:18
According to Jellybeans last night they got rumbled at that meeting about skimming off transfers. There was no way back after that.

Everyone just appears to want to rob us, where all three getting a backhander?

HHSS
11-02-2017, 14:20
If this proves to be true, they should be getting a 3am chap at the door.

mpayton15277
11-02-2017, 14:21
Talking of skimming.... strange that the only player we paid a decent amount of money for changed agents in the middle of the deal?

McGregorslaces
11-02-2017, 14:23

It's so hard to keep up with everything at the moment. Any chance you could elaborate on that one? That seems utterly ridiculous. Not having a go, just complete disbelief on that.

Teddyjohn
11-02-2017, 14:27
It's so hard to keep up with everything at the moment. Any chance you could elaborate on that one? That seems utterly ridiculous. Not having a go, just complete disbelief on that.

It wasn't his thread but he posted a couple of times that he was pulled up because apparently Warburton and McParland skimmed off transfers at Brentford (there's been allegations from fans of theirs saying this). Warburton's daughter is an agent for the company who represent a lot of our players. Key Sports Management is their name. Garner switched to them when we were trying to sign him, hence why that deal was delayed.

Jellybeans is usually very accurate with his info and he said the reason for the hostility is because the board 'rumbled' the management team. I can't find the thread now so it's possibly been chopped.

McGregorslaces
11-02-2017, 14:41

It wasn't his thread but he posted a couple of times that he was pulled up because apparently Warburton and McParland skimmed off transfers at Brentford (there's been allegations from fans of theirs saying this). Warburton's daughter is an agent for the company who represent a lot of our players. Key Sports Management is their name. Garner switched to them when we were trying to sign him, hence why that deal was delayed.

Jellybeans is usually very accurate with his info and he said the reason for the hostility is because the board 'rumbled' the management team. I can't find the thread now so it's possibly been chopped.

Thanks for that mate.

Unbelievable, just what is happening with our club.

Ayrgaza
11-02-2017, 14:48

Very saddened if this is the case.

Bear wi nae Hair
11-02-2017, 15:32
I find the whole skimming thing by MW difficult to believe.

McP who knows but I really would expect Warburton to be above that

scalloway loyal
11-02-2017, 15:37
A lot of folk saying this is a shambles etc and are clearly just picking up what scumbags in the media are saying. Rangers have acted correctly if we are to believe events about Forest etc.

A club and manager go their separate ways is hardly a shambles.

What I would like is a director in front of cameras and not website, twitter speak. The website statement was clearly rushed out and that caused a lot of confusion as it is so bad it did look like it had been hacked.

DejaVoodoo
11-02-2017, 15:41
Given the circumstances, the board took the correct decision. They didn't really have much option.

truebear51
11-02-2017, 16:02
If true, this could get nasty.
Hopefully not another court case looming.

Jack Sparrow
11-02-2017, 16:40

You find it difficult to believe that a city trader knows how to manipulate deals to make money.

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the constant crossing of paths by him, FMcP, certain players and agencies is part of the 'football industry' to make money.

Inflated signing on fees, with cuts filtered back to MW/DW/FMcP via the player's agent - it really isn't that far fetched.

Stonewall Jackson
11-02-2017, 16:43

Why ?

The man's an accomplished liar as per his press conference yesterday.

Bear wi nae Hair
11-02-2017, 17:22
Why ?

The man's an accomplished liar as per his press conference yesterday.

I'm in no way defending him but surely folk are smart enough to realise that he was under contract at that moment in time and couldn't simply have blurted out what folk on here are saying is the truth.

Bear wi nae Hair
11-02-2017, 17:25
You find it difficult to believe that a city trader knows how to manipulate deals to make money.

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the constant crossing of paths by him, FMcP, certain players and agencies is part of the 'football industry' to make money.

Inflated signing on fees, with cuts filtered back to MW/DW/FMcP via the player's agent - it really isn't that far fetched.

I've just left the City having spent 20 years there so calm down with your patronising shite.

I simply wouldn't have expected it from him as I thought better of him. Of course anyone is capable but given he's trying to build a reputation for himself and is a fairly bright guy surely this would be a really daft path to choose that will ultimately end up costing him millions

si72
11-02-2017, 17:29

Given his daughter is involved with the agency it all clicks into place.