PDA

View Full Version : Strachan staying. .Official

johnny v
17-11-2016, 17:01
As it say's, after an SFA board meeting today it's been agreed he stays on as manager.

Avalon
17-11-2016, 17:04
It's the SFA way, let's reward failure!

Cyberniv
As it say's, after an SFA board meeting today it's been agreed he stays on as manager.

Cheaper that way. That's all that matters to them when you get down to it.

broxijim
Out of default they have no money to replace and no idea who to replace with.

archimedes
17-11-2016, 17:05
Meh....couldn't really give a shit to be honest.

Useless manager in charge of useless team working for useless organisation.

madride
17-11-2016, 17:06
He'll win the last couple of games after we've been knocked out and start the cycle of false positivity all over again

Leo_Ger
17-11-2016, 17:06
Losers back a loser.

Should be an entire clear out at the SFA.

WW11
17-11-2016, 17:07
Sensible decision.

It's really all about building for Antarctica in 54

superally54
17-11-2016, 17:08
And they wonder why nobody cares anymore?

Brian Laudrup
17-11-2016, 17:18
Probably got a pay rise too.

Dumfriesbear
17-11-2016, 17:21
Just looking after themselves with Lieswell/Rhegan in charge.

watp
no surrender

Altogether_now
17-11-2016, 17:22
That is a joke. After the woeful euro qualifying campaign Scotland have played games against every team in the group and already look out

TNT
17-11-2016, 17:22
So long as Regan remains in that job, nothing is a surprise.
Strachan is only part of the problem. It goes far deeper than him. There is no development of younger players. There is no vision for the future full stop.

Larkie_Deek
17-11-2016, 17:23
That should save them any win bonuses.

The sfa are a disgrace

Sam_English
17-11-2016, 17:26
Good. He's well suited to that job.

MoodyBlue1872
17-11-2016, 17:31
The whole thing is a joke.

They deserve the constant failure that they get.

Del
Say everything you need to know about the foresight and ambition of the twats that run the game up here.

The vast majority of Tartan Fannies who's team are used to getting pumped home and away will blindly follow on.

ontheline
You are not playing son, because lego is an automatic choice.
Want a game son, lego doesn't want to play.
You are not playing son, lego wants to play.

Barrie you are playing well and are called up to travel with the squad.
Barrie you are not playing eff off back home.

Lee you are called up.
No I have changed my mind you are dropped.
Lee you are called up.
Lee you won't be playing.
Lee you are dropped.
Lee mate, injury crisis want a game?

It's all about motivation, treating people with respect and making them want to play for you.
When you treat people like shiiit, that's the sort of results you get.
He stays as the results will create a cloud and someone else to blame for the state of Scottish football.
Not Rhegan, not Petrie, not liewell. Shiiit manager to blame and cover our arses.

Ecossebear
It's the sensible thing to if we're being honest. There are over 4 months until the next game of football, and no obvious choice to replace him. If someone comes available (Moyes?) in that time then I fully see Strachan leaving. And if they don't then he will continue until a better option does come up. The idea that a Ferguson or a Walter would come back and risk blotting their record with this mob of overpaid underachievers is fanciful at best. What was the alternative? McColl? McGhee?

sh3lldon
17-11-2016, 17:32
hahahahaha ffs

YorkshireBlue
17-11-2016, 17:34
Strachan is picking the wrong players but the issues with Scottish Football go way above him and are deep rooted in the SFA & SPFL.

Both organisations need disbanded along with every single person involved running them and replaced with one footballing body which is run by football men.

Del
17-11-2016, 17:42
It's the sensible thing to if we're being honest. There are over 4 months until the next game of football, and no obvious choice to replace him. If someone comes available (Moyes?) in that time then I fully see Strachan leaving. And if they don't then he will continue until a better option does come up. The idea that a Ferguson or a Walter would come back and risk blotting their record with this mob of overpaid underachievers is fanciful at best. What was the alternative? McColl? McGhee?

I take it Scotland are the only country in the world that produce managers. IMHO there should not be one single Scotsman in a position of power anywhwre within the SFA.

aztec
17-11-2016, 17:43
They deserve each other

Ross94
17-11-2016, 17:48

Lee you are called up.
Lee you are called up.
Lee you are dropped.

It's all about motivation, treating people with respect and making them want to play for you.
He stays as the results will create a cloud and someone else to blame for the state of Scottish football.
Not Rhegan, not Petrie, not liewell. Shiiit manager to blame and cover our arses.

What tune do we sing this to?

papasmurf
17-11-2016, 17:50

It's not sensible. The man is incapable. Get shot of him now and gives us four months to find an able replacement.

If an able replacement comes up and he stays in place, then it will be utterly shambolic to remove him after keeping him on and not playing another game. But A shambles wouldn't be a surprise

PartickGer
17-11-2016, 18:03
They are only here to help benefit Celtic in every way possible, they don't give a shit about the national team or the rest of Scottish football. The agenda was clear as soon as the lisping prick walked in the door.

truebear51
17-11-2016, 18:05
On the road to nowhere

mad4rfcme
17-11-2016, 18:07
They are only here to help benefit Celtic in every way possible, they don't give a shit about the national team or the rest of Scottish football. The agenda was clear as soon as the lisping prick walked in the door.

My feelings also. They need cleared out pronto but not going to happen, sadly.

JohnK1972
17-11-2016, 18:07

.....and followed by useless fans.

The fitting thing is, they all greatly deserve each other.

Hell mend them all.

chas
17-11-2016, 18:08
Sack the feckin lot of them. An utter embarrassment for an executive team, never mind Strachan.

JohnK1972
17-11-2016, 18:14

Rhegan was the Trojan Horse, Petrie and others were enthusiastic fellow placemen, there to push the pro tim agenda (and put the boot into Rangers interests) and most of the rest were largely useful idiots who followed like sheep. Feck them all.

Tomato Plant
17-11-2016, 18:16
Rewarding failure.

lets give Reagan a pay rise when we're at it.

GioLoyal
17-11-2016, 18:20
They couldn't afford to sack him even if they wanted to.

finners
17-11-2016, 18:20
I am not surprised as there is not an ideal candidate to replace him, though I would expect it was more a pragmatic decision in that the SFA could not afford to sack Strachan

2longinxile
17-11-2016, 18:22
the way rangers were treated by Scottish football why would we give a fiddlers fffck about the national team ?

gourockblue50
17-11-2016, 18:27
They deserve each other. They can't make a decent decision between them. More of the same shit from the same players.

AnglianBear
17-11-2016, 18:30
the way rangers were treated by Scottish football why would we give a fiddlers fffck about the national team ?

The national team doesn't belong to them. It belongs to us, the fans.

buster
17-11-2016, 18:47
Out of default they have no money to replace and no idea who to replace with.

He's been in Middlesborough mode for about two years and he still gets kept on :eek:

How many lose interest and pass for the 4 home games ?

England game will be full but the other three might be cumulatively around 30K short x ticket price. (lets say 20 notes = 600K)

FoxyKnoxy
17-11-2016, 18:48
Haha oh dear.

It does t matter as long the blazers are in charge nothing would change anyway

ColonelBlue
17-11-2016, 19:00
Cheaper that way. That's all that matters to them when you get down to it.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there.
Placemen for one football club and they have destroyed football in Scotland

si72
17-11-2016, 19:18
Good.I want to see more humiliation for this wee prick and mcghoo.

Westend
17-11-2016, 19:44
No wonder we are a nation of losers.

joe 90
17-11-2016, 19:47
Scottish football is in terminal decline and i can't see how it can be repaired, the people at the top have managed to alienate the biggest club in the land and its suppport and exists purely to push the agenda of one club.
RIP

jackdaniels78
17-11-2016, 20:19
Nothing will ever change with Scottish football, ten years from now the same clowns will still be running the show while Scotland battle with San Marino and the Faroes to try and avoid being the worst team in Europe

Ape and Essence
17-11-2016, 20:35
Strachan is nowhere near the worst man at the SFA.

devilman
17-11-2016, 20:43
Hardly a surprise - however, as above, the SFA is ****ed regardless of manager. Strachan is useless but I don't think he is intentionally trying to bring Scottish football down - he's just rubbish. The SFA people like Reagan are actively trying to ruin Scottish football.

The SFA needs cleared out and Strachan just be on his way at that point. He doesn't deserve the job but he'd just be replaced by someone equally as poor or even worse.

southsideblueblood
17-11-2016, 20:48
Good. Hope it sends the trannies into meltdown. You celebrated beating Gibraltar like you had won the World Cup. I hope it pains ever single one of these wank stains.

Agent of the Duke of Kent
17-11-2016, 21:01
Disappointing , as someone with fond memories of big matches in 1970s and real Hampden roar ill always be a fan of the national team after all I'm Scottish whether I like it or not. It a weak decision and opportunity lost to build for next euros with young blood and Cheney proved during close season friendlies that he will not give them a chance.

GaryBolan
17-11-2016, 21:04
His starting line up against England gave me a wee bit of hope, we were outclassed but he finally showed he's prepared to change things. Still a long way to go but who the **** else are we going to get to take that job?

basiltherat
17-11-2016, 21:59
The national team doesn't belong to them. It belongs to us, the fans.

Nice sound byte but totally meaningless

superrangers
17-11-2016, 22:13

On one hand it sums up my feelings, on the other it perpetuates the Celtc-ness of the authorities and the game in this country.

I fear it will be a long time before we get a fair crack of the whip in this country, if we ever do again. These scum have their talons into everything.

superger
17-11-2016, 22:13
As long as the Mhankie interests are put first by the SFA and SPFL, then the game is fooked up here. Scottish football is at its worst ever at domestic, European and national side level and the compliant mhedia still says nothing.

Colonel Mitchelburne
17-11-2016, 22:14
I am not surprised as there is not an ideal candidate to replace him, though I would expect it was more a pragmatic decision in that the SFA could not afford to sack Strachan

Joe Jordan and Davie Moyes would be my choice,but the head honchoes need to go along with strapon

bluedevil
17-11-2016, 22:22

Well stated OP........

cw3038
17-11-2016, 23:08
Strachan and the blazers staying,ain't we lucky.

pelem
17-11-2016, 23:38
Fuukin right up him the wee dick.

SlinkySinky
18-11-2016, 00:43
Hahahahahahaha.

ChampionGer
18-11-2016, 00:59
Hahahahahahaha.

Pishing myself laughing at this as well.

I actually can't believe that our fud SFA have voted the ginger midget back in to **** up the rest of the WC campaign ����

Worthy_Candidate
18-11-2016, 07:31

Lee you are called up.
Lee you are called up.
Lee you are dropped.

While I agree with the sentiment, neither Wallace or Mackay have been good enough for Rangers this season and have not deserved international recognition.

Wallace is rightly third choice as two players are far better than him in his position.

Mackay is even further away than third choice.

opersson
18-11-2016, 07:36
The SFA.

A post-competence organisation.

Porto Bear
18-11-2016, 07:50
Rewarded for failure not once but twice this really sums up the state of the game in this country.

FakeGenius
18-11-2016, 08:04
A nation of f*cking losers.

Absolutely zero ambition or creative thinking.

We get what we deserve.

Dave Angell
18-11-2016, 08:15
#notthistime

TNT
18-11-2016, 08:51
Makes me think of the classic tune from "The Italian Job"..................Self Preservation Society!

OK - our standard of player is poor.

But, I think any manager of any national side should be punted after 2 failed qualifying campaigns. Simple as that. Unless there is a plan in place for the future. But, for us, there clearly isn't.

Top_Cat
18-11-2016, 08:53
A nation of f*cking losers.

Absolutely zero ambition or creative thinking.

We get what we deserve.

This, 100% - it's laughable

The Predator
18-11-2016, 08:54
Cant say im overy fussed really.

mayfairblue2
18-11-2016, 08:55
Not surprised a total lack of ambition.

TPB90
18-11-2016, 09:15
Couldn't really care now to be honest. Football in this country has become a total joke.

ChampionGer
18-11-2016, 09:30
While I agree with the sentiment, neither Wallace or Mackay have been good enough for Rangers this season and have not deserved international recognition.

Wallace is rightly third choice as two players are far better than him in his position.

Mackay is even further away than third choice.

Broadly agree with most of this, particularly about Mackay, whose form has been poorer this season.

However, I had Wallace as Scotland's MotM at Wembley. Pretty harsh to say he should be third choice when you consider the dross that Chesney is capping on regular basis.

Anyway, it's not something that keeps me up nights, these days. Not after the way the SFA treated us when we were being defrauded, raped and battered almost to death in front of the very eyes of the baying mhob. So, carry on Chesney. Should be good for a few more right laughs before our final dismal failure to qualify, again, is confirmed

lord_f
18-11-2016, 09:41
The SFA confirming that they have no ambition to qualify for a major tournament in the near future.

alexg123
18-11-2016, 09:56
SFA = A shower of clueless chancers , welcome to the home of losers .

Derek1960
18-11-2016, 10:12
Put your own descriptive word in front of the following:
Scotland
Strachan
Tartan Army
SFA
Petrie
Regan
Petrie again

ian-rfc
18-11-2016, 10:18
The SFA.

A post-competence organisation.

The worrying fact is things will not improve any time soon,the cabal have a free hand and are backed by all the Scottish clubs and media,Petrie is next in line for the top job so a long hard road ahead for Scottish football

toadegree
18-11-2016, 10:20
Four points from four games (3 of them against Malta), two away drubbings by three nil, and it's carry on as normal, FFS.

ian-rfc
18-11-2016, 10:53
It was a financial decision IMO,the cabal/SFA can't afford to get rid of Chesney and his back room staff and then replace them,no cash in the coffers

doc holliday
18-11-2016, 11:12
They cannot afford to take the financial hit to get rid of Chesney.

instructor
18-11-2016, 12:26
Did you hear Mark McGee on Sportsound? I'll be here for the England game. You (journalists) want a story but we're not giving you one. Gordon and me are staying. Just shows how low the job has got when you get comments like this. It was a chance to let a new manager develop a new team for the next Euro tournament, chance lost, I think it is partly to do with not wanting to pay compensation to Chesney, and they probably don't have a suitable candidate.