PDA

View Full Version : Mhanks fans buoyed by our performace against Burnley

doc holliday
02-08-2016, 16:24
Have you noticed that prior to the Burnley game they were more than a little concerned about our signings and the lack of activity at the piggery.There is no doubt our performace which was admittedly poor and error strewn has given them a lift and they are now crawling out of the woodwork with their who is going to be second predictions.

Bring it on....and Warbs please get us a couple of decennt centre backs....you know it makes sense.

carsons36th
02-08-2016, 16:33
Aye, like their performances have been 100% flawless.
Bring it on WATP

hillheadbear
02-08-2016, 16:41
It highlights the danger of reading too much into one game.

There are a couple of comments to be made. First, we know that the defence is weak and I would be expecting W&W to be working on that. Second, we are still in the pre-season and fitness levels are not there yet for some key players. Third, we have a lot of new players who have not really gelled into the team as yet. Fourth, Burnley are probably as good a team as we will face and I include Celtc in that.

However, if we do want to take one game as evidence then I have just three words ....... Lincoln Red Imps.

loud strop
02-08-2016, 16:43
Good, they won't know what's going to fckng hit them then will they.

Been there, done it, got the T shirts.

Rowley Birkin
02-08-2016, 16:46
good let them get carried away, pride before a fall and all that

jcdno1
02-08-2016, 16:47
2 words....

Efe Ambrose

Bowery Boys
02-08-2016, 16:50
Bring them on.

ICA_86
02-08-2016, 16:51
Not as buoyed as I am about theirs against the Imps.

DEXAVIA
02-08-2016, 16:53
2 words....

Efe Ambrose
A lot of our people on here who seem to think getting a decent centre-half is just a matter of putting an advert in the job centre need to be pointed at him. It's just not that easy, that's why he still gets a game for them.

revsween
02-08-2016, 16:53
They have always been stupid deluded cu,nts

toadegree
02-08-2016, 17:41
We got beaten by Premiet League Burnley, not Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar.

stevesnedden
02-08-2016, 17:42
Our first season back.

They should be out of sight.

Any concerns that they have amuse me greatly!

tazzabear
02-08-2016, 17:44
Have you noticed that prior to the Burnley game they were more than a little concerned about our signings and the lack of activity at the piggery.There is no doubt our performace which was admittedly poor and error strewn has given them a lift and they are now crawling out of the woodwork with their who is going to be second predictions.

Bring it on....and Warbs please get us a couple of decennt centre backs....you know it makes sense.

How can anybody, whose team have lost to a side from Gibralter, be confident of anything?

wilso10
02-08-2016, 17:45
This sums up their level of intelligence, that's all.

A friendly FFS.

Against a very decent side.

BloodandFire
02-08-2016, 17:46
If Astana put them out there will be carnage.

truebluerfc
02-08-2016, 17:50
How would they know? They'd either have had to have been at Ibrox, bought it on RTV or gone out of their way to watch a snide stream online.

Come to think about it, probably thousands of them right enough

mpayton15277
02-08-2016, 17:52
The fact they're in the position where they need to feel buoyed by us losing a friendly shows how far we came within a year and how much they ****ed up the last 4 years. I was confident before the preseason games and although our weakness was highlighted I'm still confident. Warburton and Mcparland have good contacts for loans so if we can't get the quality in permanent I think we'll get decent loans.

Bigmother
02-08-2016, 17:58
2 words....

Efe Ambrose
Or Gibraltar Imps

GioLoyal
02-08-2016, 18:09
I was buoyed by their performance vs The Imps tbh.

And that wasn't a friendly.

potnbear
02-08-2016, 19:50
They had a full strength team out against Barca juniors and still got horsed.i'd be shiting myself if i was a bheggar
D

georgeclooney
02-08-2016, 20:02
Deluded is an understatement. Let the games begin.

SenoraCuellar
02-08-2016, 20:03
I was buoyed by their performance vs The Imps tbh.

And that wasn't a friendly.

Aye, one of the most important games they could play this season and they bolloxed it. Inspiring.

lowerhuttloyal
02-08-2016, 20:03
If Astana put them out there will be carnage.

Oh please God make this happen.

gourockblue50
02-08-2016, 20:08
As usual they don't count their own poor performances of late or the fact that we beat them last season.

TheWhiteHackle
02-08-2016, 20:08
Nothing has ever been gauged on the pre season. Rangers by the looks of things have a tougher side and that's what is needed. We have toughness and skill. They still have Rontards side. We won't win the league at a canter but will edge it.

Sam_English
02-08-2016, 20:56
Good. Their hurt will be more painful when it comes to the end of the season.

experiment626
02-08-2016, 22:34
How would they know? They'd either have had to have been at Ibrox, bought it on RTV or gone out of their way to watch a snide stream online.

Come to think about it, probably thousands of them right enough

I watched the Annan game on Periscope.
There were between 600-700 people watching the feed at any one time.
Going by the comments and screen names, there were easily over 100 tarriers watching.
That was the hottest day of the year and they were seeking out dodgy streams to watch us.

johnkp
02-08-2016, 22:37
2 words....

Efe Ambrose

Another two - Dedrick Boyata.

basiltherat
02-08-2016, 22:40
Its understandable that it has boosted them and it is up to us to learn from it and make sure it's not repeated
Hopefully it's been a wake up call to some of the players

doc holliday
02-08-2016, 22:42
Is Ambrose a rice pudding?

Hopefuuly a dish best served cold tomorrow night.

Garak
02-08-2016, 22:49
I watched the Annan game on Periscope.
There were between 600-700 people watching the feed at any one time.
Going by the comments and screen names, there were easily over 100 tarriers watching.
That was the hottest day of the year and they were seeking out dodgy streams to watch us.

They must have been spewing last season then watching us stroll to the title.

I remember a Twitter post from some floor pisser after the Christmas hibs match and he was absolutely beside himself with rage.

I guess he must have thought we'd be shite forever.

Lance Uppercut
02-08-2016, 23:23
They must have been spewing last season then watching us stroll to the title.

I remember a Twitter post from some floor pisser after the Christmas hibs match and he was absolutely beside himself with rage.

I guess he must have thought we'd be shite forever.

I'm sure I saw on here that some hairyback had put a huge wedge on the Hobo's winning the league - it might have been him...:clap:

POLSKI
03-08-2016, 04:24
I only follow the RFC official account and Mark Warburton on Twitter as far as football goes, yet today I get a Twitter 'in your circle' email regards bloody Gerry McCulloch exposing his horrible little mind, commenting on Danny Wilson's interview on our official club site on the Burnley game and how it'll focus the team and it's one of those performances that make the team look at where they really need to improve. The wee rhat McCulloch however couldn't help linking the article with a condescending comment stating '..are we still peddling this nonsense...?'

I noticed his timeline was unsurprisingly void of any disparaging tweets conserning raSellick and their ball-fu (king at the hands or indeed feet of the mighty Red Imps...

devilman
03-08-2016, 08:28
Based on our performances vs their performances. I'd probably be more worried if I was a Celtic fan. We're not paying stupid amounts of wages or transfer fees and the Celtic team certainly don't look any better than Rangers. Probably a case of better keeping their traps shut than thinking we're going to be a easy team to beat or not challenging.

Then again, Celtic fans seem to go through the season thinking they can and will beat everyone no problem. Doesn't always work out for them.

Really unlikely to happen but it would be tremendous fun if Astana beat them today.

tazzabear
03-08-2016, 08:33
Based on our performances vs their performances. I'd probably be more worried if I was a Celtic fan. We're not paying stupid amounts of wages or transfer fees and the Celtic team certainly don't look any better than Rangers. Probably a case of better keeping their traps shut than thinking we're going to be a easy team to beat or not challenging.

Then again, Celtic fans seem to go through the season thinking they can and will beat everyone no problem. Doesn't always work out for them.

Really unlikely to happen but it would be tremendous fun if Astana beat them today.

When they don't though, it's always somebody elses fault.
That is the septic way.

Tagsbear
03-08-2016, 08:40
Friendlies are a load of mince, I remember us beating an amazing AC Milan side at Ibrox, then getting pumped out of Europe by some Eastern European side a few days later.

This years preparation has been hampered by that league cup format, 3 out of 4 games were so one sided it did our sharpness no good at all.

Aragorn
03-08-2016, 14:26
Maybe they should wait and see what happens this evening against Astana or do they think it is going to be a walkover?

Garak
03-08-2016, 15:01
I'm too young to remember celtcs 9iar or the 80s but I've never seen a celtc support so utterly dismissive of us. We seen it at times during the O'Neil and strachan eras but we always won the title at some point to bring them back down to earth. Even Aberdeen fans seem to believe they will finish above us. Everyone is too busy reliving the glory days of our financial collapse to realise we're on the way back.

bilkobear
03-08-2016, 18:22
The more they believe that we pose no threat, the better for us.
Speak softly and carry a big fckoff stick.

Stringer_Bell
03-08-2016, 18:28
2 words....

Efe Ambrose

3 words.....

Lincoln red imps.

neilyblueboy07
03-08-2016, 19:24
I'm buoyed by our performance against that mob in last seasons SCF. We've strengthened over the summer, can't say they have!!

Tigger Boo
03-08-2016, 20:55
If you win a pre season friendly, all looks well for the coming season. If you lose, it's only a friendly.

SenoraCuellar
03-08-2016, 22:17
Is this like their "younger, faster, fitter" statement? :D