PDA

View Full Version : Danny Baker completely losses the plot on Twitter after England game

Brian Laudrup
28-06-2016, 00:08
Watch it's a bit sweary

http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/bbc-broadcaster-goes-on-astonishing-foul-mouthed-rant-after-englands-euro-2016-exit/69676

cenotaph
28-06-2016, 00:15
hers not a happy bunny

bigbluebear74
28-06-2016, 00:15
a tad upset methinks

brother1
28-06-2016, 00:28
Haha .worms

Jelle1880
28-06-2016, 00:31
I'm thinking he had big money on England to win :)

Blue Lew
28-06-2016, 01:28
He's been absolutely destroying Hoddle during the tournament so that makes him a good guy in my book.

Forzabear
28-06-2016, 05:58
Can't stand his 5 live show but this is good stuff.

paisleyprod
28-06-2016, 06:51
Classic lunacy. I like it

Ali Baba
28-06-2016, 06:58
Plot was lost there Danny.

Islay Bear
28-06-2016, 07:00
Same old problem with England - arrogance and unrealistic expectations. This team saw off Holland in qualifiers and got a deserved draw v Portugal. It's the media that build them up so that they think they just need to turn up.

Michael Mols
28-06-2016, 07:04
Calling Crouch a big lanky ponce!

SenoraCuellar
28-06-2016, 07:32
Still laughing :)

Pandamonium
28-06-2016, 07:42
Hard to disagree with any of that.

England getting pumped out of a tournament early on always brings grest reactions. Second to the scum losing, always a pleasure

WestendGer
28-06-2016, 07:50
Danny Baker has a total meltdown and calls it correctly though imo. Hilarious read especially about his comment on Crouch.

Dave Lancaster
28-06-2016, 07:52
Seems slightly annoyed with the result.

Coza
28-06-2016, 07:54
Shouting about how it's a disgrace won't help while also looking down your nose at Iceland who are punching miles above their weight.

How about instead of lashing out the English use this to properly look at themselves. They lack those key special players in the middle of the park and the fact their golden generation didn't have anyone like xavi, pirlo etc to dictate the play tells me they don't coach players to be like this. Take Spurs for example, started the season ok but didn't look like title contenders until Christian Erikkson turned up and started to play- England have no one like him in their squad.

The leadership on the pitch was non existent. The tactics were confusing at best and the basic technical skills displayed were poor. With about twenty minutes to go you could see they weren't going to pass through Iceland the way they were clumsily knocking it about so why not go more direct, work on second balls and try build pressure on the Icelandic defence to see how they stood up to it. Yes long term this solution is terrible and England should have the players to pass through Iceland but last night they didn't and the managers failure to change the game plan was criminal.

runningbear
28-06-2016, 08:03
Same old problem with England - arrogance and unrealistic expectations. This team saw off Holland in qualifiers and got a deserved draw v Portugal. It's the media that build them up so that they think they just need to turn up.

On 5Live on Sunday night one of their guest pundits said what a great game it was going to be next Sunday when England play France in the Quarter-finals. The presenter pointed out that they still had to beat Iceland first but the impression given was that this was a formality. It seems to happen at every tournament that England are hyped up followed by the inevitable fall. Why can't they reduce their expectations to more realistic levels?

Ambiorix
28-06-2016, 08:04
Almost as funny as Alan Shearer on MOTD last night offering his services to the FA as someone who had 'been there and done that' at tournament level. Apart from making the semis at Euro '96 - where England enjoyed home advantage - Shearer never made it past a quarter final.

scooby
28-06-2016, 08:15
On 5Live on Sunday night one of their guest pundits said what a great game it was going to be next Sunday when England play France in the Quarter-finals. The presenter pointed out that they still had to beat Iceland first but the impression given was that this was a formality. It seems to happen at every tournament that England are hyped up followed by the inevitable fall. Why can't they reduce their expectations to more realistic levels?

I am quite happy to see England progress as there are lots of English bears who follow Rangers.

But when the tournament starts the media cannot help themselves, they make England out to be up there with the best when they are clearly not. Its very hard to have any sympathy when the pundits come over so full of arrogance.

Cross Keys Rab
28-06-2016, 12:43

Last Sunday. They were discussing if Hart should be replaced for the 1/4 final at half time last night as if it was a done deal. England expects. They maybe want to try getting to grips with reality first.

And that's from somebody that would have been quite happy to see them do well.

tauntonbear
28-06-2016, 13:58
Wouldn't disagree with any of that.
Hodgson should've been punted after the last WC
Hart should never play for England again - he'll be extremely lucky if Pep keeps him at City next season.
Harry Kane taking & being allowed to take Free-kicks *** is that about ? You're a Striker get into the ****ing box & strike. International class my erchie. Same with Dier.
Cahill & Smalling - holy ****
Walker - every ball across & backwards
Wilshere - why ? Just why ?

Hardly one of them worth a chow - maybe Rashford but Dinosaur Hodgson wouldn't take the risk of giving him more than the time it takes to boil an egg.

cardiffloyal
28-06-2016, 14:24
Danny Baker = gobshite.

Total are of a man.

cw3038
28-06-2016, 14:36
He certainly didn't miss them.

negri
28-06-2016, 14:45
Wouldn't disagree with any of that.
Hodgson should've been punted after the last WC
Hart should never play for England again - he'll be extremely lucky if Pep keeps him at City next season.
Harry Kane taking & being allowed to take Free-kicks *** is that about ? You're a Striker get into the ****ing box & strike. International class my erchie. Same with Dier.
Cahill & Smalling - holy ****
Walker - every ball across & backwards
Wilshere - why ? Just why ?

Hardly one of them worth a chow - maybe Rashford but Dinosaur Hodgson wouldn't take the risk of giving him more than the time it takes to boil an egg.

Rashford done more in 6 minutes than anyone else done the whole game .. by the time he gets a full 90 , he will be as uninterested as the rest of the team

Baxter79
28-06-2016, 14:49
The fat man shot his load on them.

Fair play he's correct.

suramericaranger
28-06-2016, 14:49

Yeah, imagine hoping to beat Iceland. That was never really achievable. :D

nomad
28-06-2016, 15:45
Danny Baker = gobshite.

Total are of a man.

He might be a gobshite but he's a 100% correct gobshite 😂

Gersandproud
28-06-2016, 15:46
I can't take Danny Baker seriously - total J Arthur

nomad
28-06-2016, 15:47

That's the thing they didn't "hope" anything. They already had Iceland beat b4 a ball was kicked, wallopers 😂

Zorg
29-06-2016, 11:25
I really dont think anyone gets it......its a simple game. People are talking about England not having anyone special...so what nor do Iceland. Its a team game and you play to your strengths. Look at the Italians no superstars but playing to their strengths. Atitude has a lot to do with it also. The next England manager needs to find players who can do the job not because they have had a good season with Spurs or Liverpool, think Alf Ramsey.

Zorg
29-06-2016, 11:26
Also, Danny Baker ........a fecking knobend!

Dunantblue
29-06-2016, 11:42
Old Prodnose is a genius

One of the most influential minds in British popular broadcasting in the last 30 years.

And a genuine football man who bleeds love for the game - and clearly loathes what it's become.

His was the only 606 ever worth listening to as well. The original and the best

ascender
29-06-2016, 11:56
No matter what you think of him, he's a lifelong supporter who has consistently spoke out about the English media, expectations and particularly how they treat it as if football didn't exist before Sky came along.

He also speaks his mind which is to be admired in this society, whether you agree with him or not.. At least he as an opinion and voices it. His on-air rant when he found out BBC London were about to sack him, but then let him broadcast his show anyway was very entertaining.

markkerrsbackpass
29-06-2016, 12:00
constantly goes out of his way NOT to mention the scummy behavior of Millwall fans.
I like the guy but he is so sanctimonious in other regards that it makes me distrust him.

niallmitch
29-06-2016, 12:05
Occasionally after a few glasses of red wine the bitterness of the sacking comes out again, very funny.

His Saturday morning 5live show followed by fighting talk is the best radio of the week for me.

doyle55
29-06-2016, 12:31

Your right. It wasn't.

Bristol_bnose
29-06-2016, 13:27
When it comes to football i think he's great. Also really enjoyed Harry Redknapp going spastic on Radio 5 when they phoned him for his opinion. Some of it was just mad rubbish (I'd give the job to Tim Sherwood), but he just spoke like someone who actually gives a f88k and you could sense his utter frustration with what went on at this tournament.

Was quite correct to say that Southgate has done nothing to earn the right to be considered. Most telling point was when he called out Gary Neville for being the guy jumping about and running down the touchline when the team scored, yet was nowhere to be seen when they were toiling against Iceland and stayed hidden in the dugout.

I know Redknapp can be a bit of a joke figure, but he's worth 10 of the pricks who run the FA and so is Danny Baker. Unfortunately the frustration all these guys try and articulate is that the game is being taken over and systematically ruined by the new breed.

madnutter0102
29-06-2016, 13:56
His tweets were a Joy to read, and he was 100% spot on.

dcbear
29-06-2016, 14:25
More laughs on his twitter than there was in his sitcom.

solidair1
29-06-2016, 19:14
Danny Baker: radio genius and second to none. Superb comedy writer. Terrible on the TV. Absolutely spot on regarding football pundits.

iaatpies
30-06-2016, 06:47
I like Danny Baker. The 2 volumes of autobiography are well worth reading. He's a bloke from a working class background who has done well for himself. He can also be very intelligent and engaging on a number of subjects and is a genuine football fan.

Bang on about the England result too. On paper it should have been no contest. Games aren't played on paper and its tough to see somebody earning more in a week than some fans earn in 3 or 4 years being particularly angry at the result.

kb thornliebank
30-06-2016, 08:43
Remember him on 606 at the time of our Champions League 'Battle of Britain' with Leeds United.

Many callers predicting an easy win for Leeds.

Danny Baker confidently predicted, "I think Rangers will do 'em."