mitchellmccoist
25-06-2016, 12:02
Yes, and by playing exciting football

stevie13000
25-06-2016, 12:04
Yes it is realistic

Papa Sasac
25-06-2016, 12:05
Compete in the league and hopefully another cup final.

Dumbarton Ger
25-06-2016, 12:06
Yes, and by playing exciting football

But will we be able to play the exciting football week in week out?

Dumbarton Ger
25-06-2016, 12:06
Yes it is realistic

Great input there Stevie :p

barryhopez
25-06-2016, 12:10
Compete consistently over the season building on the attractive football we saw in a lot of matches last season and get a European slot.

A cup would be nice too.

theflyinghippo
25-06-2016, 12:11
I think more teams will attack us next season, opening games up so we will probably see more attacking football in games where teams don't have 10 men behind the ball. We have strengthened defensively so I think we will see more than last year.

Dumbarton Ger
25-06-2016, 12:12
I think more teams will attack us next season, opening games up so we will probably see more attacking football in games where teams don't have 10 men behind the ball. We have strengthened defensively so I think we will see more than last year.

Think you are right. I reckon we will be in a good few high scoring games

Jaws II
25-06-2016, 12:14
It isnt realistic best we can hope for is to challenge Celtic and put them under pressure. With the budget we have for players it is unfair to expect us to win league and unfair on the manager.
We have a good enough team to at least finish 2nd and we should challenge for cups.

RFC_Champions
25-06-2016, 12:36
Win the league.

BroomloanWATP
25-06-2016, 12:38
There is no point going into next season with any other attitude than "we are good enough to win the league." I believe we are and it must be our priority.

Torque87
25-06-2016, 12:44
We have to aim to win the league, but I would accept us being clear in 2nd at least competing extremely well and there is absolutely no reason we can't win a cup. I have a sneaky feeling however, that we are absolutely going to hit the ground running and take some beating.

supergers07
25-06-2016, 12:48
As our players and most fans say

2nd is last

basiltherat
25-06-2016, 12:49
Eect us to win the league but a close second would not be a disaster
Good play through the season is also to be expected

Brian Laudrup
25-06-2016, 12:50
To win every competition we enter,anything less isn't the Rangers way.

RFC_Champions
25-06-2016, 12:52

2nd is last

Bang on!!! I maybe don't "expect" us to win the league, but without a shadow of doubt, winning the league is the sole ambition.

Totaalvoetbal
25-06-2016, 12:52
Same as every season without Europe, win every competition we enter.

Standards1972
25-06-2016, 12:53

2nd is last

It's important we never ever lose this mentality.

Even if at times it seems unrealistic, which I personally don't think it is.

RFC_Champions
25-06-2016, 13:00
It's important we never ever lose this mentality.

Even if at times it seems unrealistic, which I personally don't think it is.

Correct....

Dumbarton Ger
25-06-2016, 13:02
Pleasantly suprised by the level of positivity in this thread

Amurphrfc
25-06-2016, 13:02
We will be fighting for the title with the squad we are building.

A good run in the Scottish cup would be a bonus.

Captain_Buns
25-06-2016, 13:06
As the manager himself says, we aim to win every competition we enter.

grascots
25-06-2016, 13:07
Win the league beating the BHeasts in the process.

CaptainCourageous
25-06-2016, 13:09
Move on from last season, continue to build, learn from our mistakes and improve. Take our performances to another level, compete for every competition - if we take a slight backwards seat in the Bet Fred League Cup nonsense then I wouldn't be too bothered - the league cup is a big part of our history but the idiots running Scottish football have made a meal of this competition.

Be the best we can possibly be.

Win the league.

speminalium8
25-06-2016, 13:10

If we continue to play our attacking style I think we'll pin teams back and end up trying to break teams down much as we did last season.The opposition will resort to setting out their stall to park the bus and hit us on the counter or with high balls from set pieces- much as they did last season. The question is, have we addressed our weakness at centre back, right back and generally in the air? Also, will WE too provide a threat for the option of a high ball ( when it's on)? If we have plugged these defensive gaps (which a blind man could see last season), and have the occasional option of having a striker who could attack the ball in the air, we'll have nothing to worry about.

Dumbarton Ger
25-06-2016, 13:13
If we continue to play our attacking style I think we'll pin teams back and end up trying to break teams down much as we did last season.The opposition will resort to setting out their stall to park the bus and hit us on the counter or with high balls from set pieces- much as they did last season. The question is, have we addressed our weakness at centre back, right back and generally in the air? Also, will WE too provide a threat for the option of a high ball ( when it's on)? If we have plugged these defensive gaps (which a blind man could see last season), and have the occasional option of having a striker who could attack the ball in the air, we'll have nothing to worry about.

This for me is key. I am not suggesting we should start lumping it long, but we will have to mix it up a bit in some games. The manager says Plan B is to do Plan A better. Unfortunately it isn't that easy

kris1873
25-06-2016, 13:14
Domestic treble.

Doesn't mean I think we are going to but we should certainly be aiming for it

Standards1972
25-06-2016, 13:15
We, the fans, have to keep the heid as well.

I can see the seeds being sown regarding certain players already. Foderingham, Tavernier, Kiernan, Wilson and O'Halloran look to be on 'thin ice' with the support. There is nothing wrong with feeling that certain players have a point to prove but you can sense pre-requisite opinions that will be furiously unleashed the first time any of these lads are involved in a mistake that is even half their fault.

The Lone Sniper
25-06-2016, 13:18
I'd be (pleasantly) astonished if we win the league.

I would be happy if we pushed Celtic all the way, won a cup and played attractive football.

2017/18 - I expect us to win the league!

Glasgow59
25-06-2016, 13:21

2nd is last

this.......

Dumbarton Ger
25-06-2016, 13:23
We, the fans, have to keep the heid as well.

I can see the seeds being sown regarding certain players already. Foderingham, Tavernier, Kiernan, Wilson and O'Halloran look to be on 'thin ice' with the support. There is nothing wrong with feeling that certain players have a point to prove but you can sense pre-requisite opinions that will be furiously unleashed the first time any of these lads are involved in a mistake that is even half their fault.

I think this 'scapegoat' mentality has almost disappeared within our support. We were bad for it in the 90's and 00's. Some of the abuse handed out to some of our players was terrible

strider
25-06-2016, 13:24
This for me is key. I am not suggesting we should start lumping it long, but we will have to mix it up a bit in some games. The manager says Plan B is to do Plan A better. Unfortunately it isn't that easy

Neither is it as easy as bringing on the big striker. That works far, far less than people believe.

Standards1972
25-06-2016, 13:27
I think this 'scapegoat' mentality has almost disappeared within our support. We were bad for it in the 90's and 00's. Some of the abuse handed out to some of our players was terrible

I would respectfully disagree with you.

If you look at any thread regarding new signings/line up for next season there are various references to said players with terms like 'bombscare' being used.

NorseGod
25-06-2016, 13:28
The League is everything.

Personally, don't give a shite about the cups for the season ahead.

They can wait a year.

Dumbarton Ger
25-06-2016, 13:32
I would respectfully disagree with you.

If you look at any thread regarding new signings/line up for next season there are various references to said players with terms like 'bombscare' being used.

Big difference between saying potential transfers are shite etc, and booing and giving one of our own pelters at the game

Dumbarton Ger
25-06-2016, 13:36
Neither is it as easy as bringing on the big striker. That works far, far less than people believe.

I'm just saying it is an option. Plenty of other ways to change the game. Just the lump up the park to the big striker is the most common one

Standards1972
25-06-2016, 13:40
Big difference between saying potential transfers are shite etc, and booing and giving one of our own pelters at the game

Yes you are correct.

I just think minds have been made up regarding certain players and any mistake will be exaggerated beyond belief.

Dumbarton Ger
25-06-2016, 13:44
Yes you are correct.

I just think minds have been made up regarding certain players and any mistake will be exaggerated beyond belief.

This is where I disagree with you. Since Warburton came in, I have noticed a shift in the way our support think now (generally speaking). I think we are now more patient and willing to give certain players a chance, even if they are having a bad run of games. The likes of Charlie Adam and to a lesser extent Lee McCulloch weren't so lucky

AvieLoyal
25-06-2016, 14:20
Win the league has to be our main goal. I think we have a great chance

Dadoprso's ponytail9
25-06-2016, 14:29
Our ambition should always be to win the league title

davieloyal
25-06-2016, 14:41
To win the league

Dumbarton Ger
25-06-2016, 14:48
Also a lot will depend on who they sign. Although they have probably spunked most of their budget on Brenda

glasgowsteve
25-06-2016, 14:55
of course it is. I think we have to get one piece of silverware but I think we'll be first or second. I think we have enough quality and cover for most positions to make sure of that.

Dumbarton Ger
25-06-2016, 14:57
of course it is. I think we have to get one piece of silverware but I think we'll be first or second. I think we have enough quality and cover for most positions to make sure of that.

I still think we are a centre half, a centre forward and a playmaker away. But I trust Mr Warburton to sign these players I think we need

texas ranger
25-06-2016, 15:00
Before we made the recent signings, I'd have said a European spot. Given who we have signed and the noises coming out of Rangers now, I think the club will be disappointed if we don't win the league never mind the fans. We don't know how much Celtic will strengthen but they will need to now in my opinion.

Vinnie
25-06-2016, 15:38
We should always be looking to win the league. But I expect us to finish in top three. Nothing less will do for me, anything else is a bonus.

We should also be trying to win every cup we enter. but getting knocked out in first round of each wont bother me this year.

#playingitsafeloyal

benny_blanco
25-06-2016, 15:51
For me barton/krancjar will play the playmaker roll although in a 433 formation a playmaker type is not always needed.

Do agree we are a striker and a centre half away from competiting for the league although it depends what quality the taig brings in.

I still think we are a centre half, a centre forward and a playmaker away. But I trust Mr Warburton to sign these players I think we need

toadegree
25-06-2016, 15:58
To win every game we play.

Crouchy
25-06-2016, 15:59
Properly compete for the title.

Win the Scottish cup.

Dumbarton Ger
25-06-2016, 16:01
For me barton/krancjar will play the playmaker roll although in a 433 formation a playmaker type is not always needed.

Do agree we are a striker and a centre half away from competiting for the league although it depends what quality the taig brings in.

I also said that a lot depends on who they sign, but they don't have the cash to go out and buy top quality players. Saying that I would rather concentrate on where we are with signings etc than worry about that lot

Virgil Hilts
25-06-2016, 16:04
For me it's win the league. End of...

Dumbarton Ger
25-06-2016, 16:05
For me it's win the league. End of...

This. Finishing second is the same as finishing last

bearnekid
25-06-2016, 16:08
Silly question. If your not ambitious to win the league,or any competition come to that, then we are not Rangers.

napsburybear
25-06-2016, 17:16
Win the league and both cups and all games against the rhats.

Grumski
25-06-2016, 17:20
a few months ago i wouldve been happy with 3rd place but after all the new signings, 1st and a cup is pretty realistic

CaptainCourageous
25-06-2016, 18:31
Happy with 3rd place...

*** is that all about?

Peasandgravy7
25-06-2016, 18:42
My ambition is to produce a team that the whole of the SPL fear and an atmosphere generated at Ibrox that it almost gives us a goal of a start

andronian1976
25-06-2016, 18:52
I think our ambition is to win everything, I think we will win 2 out of 3. Regardless of who the orcs bring in I think we will be a level above what we were playing last year. Have much more depth and quality in the team now.

barryhopez
25-06-2016, 18:58
This. Finishing second is the same as finishing last

Not really......:D

But, I know what you mean.

Dumbarton Ger
25-06-2016, 19:01
Silly question. If your not ambitious to win the league,or any competition come to that, then we are not Rangers.

Not a silly question at all. After what we have went through the last four or five years lots of fans will have different expectations. Some are confident, others are more cautious