PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Wylde signs for Millwall..

tattiet
25-06-2016, 11:00
Any Plymouth Bears watch him last season? . Wall have also signed ex Motherwell defender Shaun Hutchinson released by Fulham is / was he any good?

jellybeans
25-06-2016, 11:02
Any Plymouth Bears watch him last season? . Wall have also signed ex Motherwell defender Shaun Hutchinson released by Fulham is / was he any good?

Hutchy is a friend of mine. Good player, prone to the odd mistake in his Motherwell days. McCoist tried to his best to sign him before he left for Fulham. He didnt get much of a chance at Fulham. Millwall is a great move for him.

muz73
25-06-2016, 11:05
Hutchison is okay, no more no less.

Built like a brick shit house, he is very 'committed' in the tackle.

Has good recovery pace but technically not the best.

Was linked with us for a couple of seasons and we are his preferred team in Scotland.

All in all a decent enough signing.

WATP

tattiet
25-06-2016, 11:18
Cheers for info on Hutchinson v committed is always a starter for 10 down the Den. Fans still nervous of Scottish signings after Jimmy Nichol ones e.g. Davie Sinclair and the wee Hartley bigot

Papa Sasac
25-06-2016, 11:19
Also know Hutchy and he's a crackin guy, didn't get a great shot at Fulham which is a shame. Good move for him. Was away abroad in his company couple of weeks ago and he didn't yet have a club so delighted to see he's sorted something out.

Fair play to Wylde, hope he does well. Pretty limited player but there are plenty of those making a nice living.

Crouchy
25-06-2016, 11:20
When will Wylde get found out?

He's shite.

I think plying his trade in League 1/2 is fitting.

Amurphrfc
25-06-2016, 11:21
I'm surprised by the signing of Wylde, I'm not sure he's good enough to help Millwall with promotion.
Hutchinson sounds decent enough, I think Beevers has left the club so needed a replacement.

the_brunton_bear
25-06-2016, 11:28
Thought Millwall had Shane Ferguson for that position.Would say Ferguson a better player than Wylde

hamiltonbear7
25-06-2016, 11:30
He'll run down the wing and cut back for fun down there

Brian Laudrup
25-06-2016, 11:35
He'll run down the wing and cut back for fun down there

Harsh but true.

Amurphrfc
25-06-2016, 11:44
Thought Millwall had Shane Ferguson for that position.Would say Ferguson a better player than Wylde

Ferguson plays more at left back, which I don't get as I think he's better as a winger.

grascots
25-06-2016, 11:57

I seen him a few times and he played well. The Argyle fans rated him but I feel he has found his level as he has never fulfilled his potential.

mitchellmccoist
25-06-2016, 12:01

Is he not only on loan from Newcastle?

the_brunton_bear
25-06-2016, 12:15
Is he not only on loan from Newcastle?

Signed permanently in January

Jannerbear
25-06-2016, 12:42
I watched Wylde a lot last season. At times he was brilliant, his pace at that level was devastating. But he was too inconsistent really. Fans loved him as he always gave 100% and got stuck in defensively as well. I'm disappointed he's moved on.

CathkinHi
25-06-2016, 13:07
Wilde has flattered to deceive throughout his career, flashes of brilliance followed by about 88 minutes of mediocrity.

I hope for both him and the Wall, that this works out.

lutonloyal
25-06-2016, 19:40
I saw him twice last season v Luton and he was Plymouth's best player both times.

shuntergers8
25-06-2016, 19:51
Wylde can feck right off. Couldn't get away quick enough...

tazzabear
25-06-2016, 20:21
I watched Wylde a lot last season. At times he was brilliant, his pace at that level was devastating. But he was too inconsistent really. Fans loved him as he always gave 100% and got stuck in defensively as well. I'm disappointed he's moved on.

Nope, not having it.
Praise for Wylde, on FF?

Seriously, I don't get the dislike for Wylde that is evident on here, other than circumstances surrounding his departure.
He did a job for Rangers.
Surely that's obvious.

Blue 9
25-06-2016, 20:34
Nope, not having it.
Praise for Wylde, on FF?

Seriously, I don't get the dislike for Wylde that is evident on here, other than circumstances surrounding his departure.
He did a job for Rangers.
Surely that's obvious.

Stoap it Tazza , he was garbage , Jim Denny done more ffs.

90minsofmadness
26-06-2016, 07:00
Wylde injected pace into a somewhat slow rangers side.

He must have hit about 10 assists the main season he was with us.

Touch wasn't great but in the right system he could be used very well.

tazzabear
26-06-2016, 07:54
Stoap it Tazza , he was garbage , Jim Denny done more ffs.

You're definition of "garbage" is just different from mine.
He was far from being a superstar of course, but, I think he made a very important contribution during the 10/11 season.
Smith asked him to do a specific job in some games that, I believe, went unnoticed by a few, a lot, on here.

lone_ranger
26-06-2016, 09:36
Wylde gets a lot of criticism because of his pace I think. Fans expected to be seeing him knocking it past a player and beating them for pace but that doesn't really happen though, full backs don't often allow it to happen and we often played against teams that would double up on our wingers.

He did a job for us in 10/11 and it was an important job.

Not really worked out for him since he left but he seems to be getting there now.

WATP_Greg
26-06-2016, 10:53
Was talking about him yesterday. I think he's one of the worst players that people rated highly (as opposed to just being the worst player).

Pace and nothing else for us