PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Non EU players

mreblue
24-06-2016, 10:20
Will teams abroad now have to be careful about who they sign?

Bale will now become a non-EU player - of which teams in Spain are allowed just three - and could give Zinedine Zidane problems.

Not sure about the effect on UK teams yet.

babaji
24-06-2016, 10:46
Was thinking that myself, especially on how it would affect any player coming to the UK.

tazzabear
24-06-2016, 10:55
Will teams abroad now have to be careful about who they sign?

Bale will now become a non-EU player - of which teams in Spain are allowed just three - and could give Zinedine Zidane problems.

Not sure about the effect on UK teams yet.

Long term, no doubt about it but I'm sure there will be a structured move towards these rules.

garyw09
24-06-2016, 11:22
Do Norway (who are not in the EU) not still use bosmans?

If so, I expect a similar rule for us.

Ozbarcode
24-06-2016, 11:32
It doesn't change overnight. I'd bet that Bale will be retired by the time that this would ever become an issue.

Porto Loyal
24-06-2016, 11:42
Most likely those already overseas will use residency to get an EU passport of their host country.

Barca Bear
24-06-2016, 11:51
eu born players will eventually be treated the same as non eu.
number of caps gained in last so many years to enter uk.

canisbaybluenose
24-06-2016, 11:54
Bollocks. Likely deal to stay in the Single Market. That would make sense for both sides to be honest. As part of that we would have to accept continuation of free movement. So I would reckon the vote would have absolutely no effect on immigration at all.

napsburybear
24-06-2016, 12:00
The rhats will have no players then. That solves Rhodgers problems.

tazzabear
24-06-2016, 12:04
Do Norway (who are not in the EU) not still use bosmans?

If so, I expect a similar rule for us.

I think we need to remember here, and this one is country and society wide, no rules and no laws have changed since lathe EU result.
They will in time, of course, but this will be at least two years away.

SpectraBear
24-06-2016, 12:11
Whilst what you are saying is nearly correct, they are allowed more than three Non-EU players, example look at barca

Last season they would of had Bravo, Alves, Douglas, Suarez, Neymar, Messi, Rafinha, Mascherano and Adriano which is more than your 3

dadosgirl
24-06-2016, 12:26
Whilst what you are saying is nearly correct, they are allowed more than three Non-EU players, example look at barca

Last season they would of had Bravo, Alves, Douglas, Suarez, Neymar, Messi, Rafinha, Mascherano and Adriano which is more than your 3

Don't many Brazilians also hold Portugese passports, allowing them to be treated as EU citizens?

deekRFC
24-06-2016, 12:52

Majority of them hold Spanish passports

mpayton15277
24-06-2016, 12:59
Bollocks. Likely deal to stay in the Single Market. That would make sense for both sides to be honest. As part of that we would have to accept continuation of free movement. So I would reckon the vote would have absolutely no effect on immigration at all.

Immigration was the major issue in this campaign next to economy. I don't think people will accept a government who will accept continuation of free movement.

superrangers
24-06-2016, 13:47
Immigration was the major issue in this campaign next to economy. I don't think people will accept a government who will accept continuation of free movement.

Immigration was the major issue. Had people voted on the economy, this farce would not have happened.

In terms of footballers, little will happen. They have long been treated differently.

whitbyontbear
24-06-2016, 14:05
What happens if Scotland leaves the UK? Will Warbs have to get a work permit the same as all our English born players? The same question as the UK leaving the EU.

Hamburg
24-06-2016, 14:28
This is correct, and Britai will be leaving the EU single market.
eu born players will eventually be treated the same as non eu.
number of caps gained in last so many years to enter uk.
This is correct. Britain will be leaving the single market and EU players will be treated as any other foreigner.

canisbaybluenose
24-06-2016, 15:04

Apart from Farage no-one promised anything. The single market is the prize we want to keep, I can't see any way the EU will accept us in the single market without accepting free movement of labour, it is a key cornerstone of the single market. There is no prize for the rest of the EU to allow the UK to do something other countries would like to do.

Won't affect football at all.