PDA

View Full Version : The way we approach our transfers - professional

papasmurf
01-02-2016, 20:10
Despite the bumping of gums on here, I hope I'm not alone that think we're now a super professional outfit when it comes to our transfer dealings.

Held over a Barrel - no
Take anyone if we lose out on a player - no
Plaster it over the media - no
Proper planning for now and the future - yes

It would be easy to have given st Johnstone an extra few hundred grant to get him. It would be easy to through money at diagoraga or get anyone at all in instead of him. We haven't .

From the management through to the board, well played from me.

And for those shouting, 'where's the 30m' or 'how much are we going to spend'.....imo this is the way we should be run

Onwards and upwards

Virgil Hilts
01-02-2016, 20:12
It would be easy to have given st Johnstone an extra few hundred grant to get him.

Do we know for sure we didnt do this? Anyone know the final fee?

crazyger65
01-02-2016, 20:15
500k according sky

jellybeans
01-02-2016, 20:16

Andrew Dickson (ex Rangers staff) tweeted 300k raising to 500k

cw3038
01-02-2016, 20:19
300k with add ons,whatever they may be.

DylanGer
01-02-2016, 20:20
Despite the bumping of gums on here, I hope I'm not alone that think we're now a super professional outfit when it comes to our transfer dealings.

Held over a Barrel - no
Take anyone if we lose out on a player - no
Plaster it over the media - no
Proper planning for now and the future - yes

It would be easy to have given st Johnstone an extra few hundred grant to get him. It would be easy to through money at diagoraga or get anyone at all in instead of him. We haven't .

From the management through to the board, well played from me.

And for those shouting, 'where's the 30m' or 'how much are we going to spend'.....imo this is the way we should be run

Onwards and upwards

You really think it would be easy to throw money about?

Listen the manager approaches these things really well doesn't get involved in any stupid chat.

Behind the scenes we have little knowledge of how the deal is done.

Success initially is surely measured in getting targets and beyond that how they perform.

Tomato Plant
01-02-2016, 20:26
They've done well. I'd still prefer to first hear of signings when they walk into a press conference but realise that with agents wanting this simply isn't possible.

papasmurf
01-02-2016, 20:38
They've done well. I'd still prefer to first hear of signings when they walk into a press conference but realise that with agents wanting this simply isn't possible.

Unless I'm mistaken, the first we've heard about the transfers are from the media or selling clubs. We have barely made a comment

steve1873
01-02-2016, 20:49

More to the point, who is Grant?

I think the fee is widely repoted as 500k. Whether there are add-ons isn't disclosed.

loyallancashire
01-02-2016, 21:01
300k with add ons,whatever they may be.

What, something like FTP, that will get us into trouble.

I'll get me coat.

Torque87
01-02-2016, 21:09
You could always see Warbs was perfectly calm and at ease when discussing transfers this month, I'm sure tonight he'll be able to enjoy that glass of wine and be content with his transfer dealings this month.

Northampton Lodger
01-02-2016, 21:25
Is MOH our oldest signing since we got Mark Warburton.

basiltherat
01-02-2016, 22:03
I think Waghorn's may be older. Very happy how we do our business now. I am confident we were not held over a barrel and St J blinked first. We lost out on one target where we were outbid by an English club. That's life and will probably happen again at some time in the future