PDA

View Full Version : Take it to Hampden - Get a petition going

SM
28-11-2015, 15:12
We all know that the high heid yins are going to try and spoil it for people by playing the final at Starks Park or Gayfield or something, denying Bears the chance of seeing it. Time to organise a petition, get as many names as possible and put as much pressure on them to play the game at the national stadium.

More than likely it'll be Peterhead's only chance of a final there so I'm sure their fans would appreciate it as well.

NorseGod
28-11-2015, 15:15
Over 20,000 for the semi final live on tv.

Hampden is a must.

ItsInTheNet
28-11-2015, 15:33
No brainer this. It should be held at Hampden.

toadegree
28-11-2015, 15:43
It is Hampden according to skeletor at the Beeb.

angrybluebear
28-11-2015, 15:57
We all know that the high heid yins are going to try and spoil it for people by playing the final at Starks Park or Gayfield or something, denying Bears the chance of seeing it. Time to organise a petition, get as many names as possible and put as much pressure on them to play the game at the national stadium.

More than likely it'll be Peterhead's only chance of a final there so I'm sure their fans would appreciate it as well.

Deny the Bears that didn't bother turning up today the chance of going.

Was there some protest I missed today.

chopper5000
28-11-2015, 16:00

Pish, I'm at work and I would've went otherwise. You think I shouldn't go?

smkz23
28-11-2015, 16:08
Someone posted on here that it has to be at a ground that is roughly equal distance between the two clubs, anyone know if that's true?

rough and ready
28-11-2015, 16:09
I think it will be easter road again.

SM
28-11-2015, 16:10
Sod Easter Road. We've got more season ticket holders than that midden holds.

https://www.change.org/p/scottish-professional-football-league-play-the-2015-16-petrofac-cup-final-at-hampden

TPol_RFC
28-11-2015, 16:14

My son's 4th birthday party was arranged before this match so according to you I shouldn't get to the final, aye ok.

superger
28-11-2015, 16:14
Even if we and Peterhead want Hampden as the venue, the authorities as usual will cut off their nose to spite their face by taking the Final elsewhere.

nybear
28-11-2015, 16:17
Sod Easter Road. We've got more season ticket holders than that midden holds.

https://www.change.org/p/scottish-professional-football-league-play-the-2015-16-petrofac-cup-final-at-hampden

the rules state that its a ground nearest the two clubs in the final, hampden is no where near peterhead but then again its about the blue pound filling the sfa/spl coffers so new rules are applied.

rangeral
28-11-2015, 16:22
Rangers v Queen's Park final was meant to be at Motherwell so I got told.

No decision on whether it will be Hampden v Peterhead

garytcrsc
28-11-2015, 16:25
They could play it in Philadelphia or Boston.

TPB90
28-11-2015, 16:29
Anywhere other than Hampden would be a complete joke. I've been at every game so far in this competition so will be majorly pissed off if I don't get a ticket.

Will it definitely be a 3pm kick off? I'm going to Liverpool for the National that weekend so will need to get an early train up the road for it.

si72
28-11-2015, 16:32
[QUOTE=angrybluebear;23783560]Deny the Bears that didn't bother turning up today the chance of going.

How Uber of you.

badboy
28-11-2015, 16:32
It will be Tannadice or Dens Park.

Deacon_Frost
28-11-2015, 16:40
Id prefer it not to be hampden tbh we wont fill the stadium and it would look shit.

gazzano8loyal
28-11-2015, 16:43
I think tannadice sadly

The Peoples Piper
28-11-2015, 16:44
I'd be amazed if not hampden, only reason last year at Easter road was because Hampden was otherwise being used. Sfa need all the revenue they can get for hampden.

It would be a suspiciously bizarre decision to lock out tens of thousands otherwise and stop both clubs generating revenue, attending a match and getting money in at the national stadium

TPB90
28-11-2015, 16:46
Id prefer it not to be hampden tbh we wont fill the stadium and it would look shit.

Eh? You don't think we could fill Hampden for a cup final?

godrup99
28-11-2015, 16:50

Maybe you were having attendance based hissy fit?

godrup99
28-11-2015, 16:51
the rules state that its a ground nearest the two clubs in the final, hampden is no where near peterhead but then again its about the blue pound filling the sfa/spl coffers so new rules are applied.

Mcdaimid Park then?

broxloyal
28-11-2015, 16:54
Warburton after match interview says he's told its hopefuly at Hampden

rangeral
28-11-2015, 16:55

Livingston v Alloa was in Perth last season hardly close for either club.

bluebarney
28-11-2015, 16:59
If Hampden isn't offered to us and the authorities send it to an spfl ground then it just shows how spiteful they are, we can easily send 35K, more if tickets are priced sensibly. The sponsors would also prefer a higher profile game at the national stadium

Aggieblue
28-11-2015, 17:06
Call to arms, we'd easily fill Hampden and we should be Champions by then!

gramps1
28-11-2015, 17:08
Eh? You don't think we could fill Hampden for a cup final?

Nope not for this cup anyway.

Atmosphere would be horrendous

The Peoples Piper
28-11-2015, 17:14
Nope not for this cup anyway.

Atmosphere would be horrendous

We had over 40k for 4th tier Queen's Park game twice. You don't think we'd bring enough numbers to nearly full it? Seriously?

rangeral
28-11-2015, 17:17
We had over 40k for 4th tier Queen's Park game twice. You don't think we'd bring enough numbers to nearly full it? Seriously?

December game - 30,117
April game - 11,492

imbran
28-11-2015, 17:18
Hopefully it will be at Hampden and as the OP said it is a marvellous opportunity for some players of both clubs who may not get the chance again to play there. Don't overprice the tickets and there will be a decent-sized crowd.

smkz23
28-11-2015, 17:20

There was only about 11,000 for the second Queens Park match.

ObanTeddyBear
28-11-2015, 17:31
IF, its Hampden, are we Still going to turn it into Union Jack & Lion Rampant Day? This was suggested by a Bear on here few months back, any final, at Hampden, we show the club as it is, Scottish and British.

gramps1
28-11-2015, 17:37

Me personally I would prefer Easter road where the atmosphere will be decient and a guaranteed sell out,at hampden it will be terrible.
Just my opinion.

gramps1
28-11-2015, 17:38
IF, its Hampden, are we Still going to turn it into Union Jack & Lion Rampant Day? This was suggested by a Bear on here few months back, any final, at Hampden, we show the club as it is, Scottish and British.

Here we go :(

Take whatever flag you want FFS.

borderbear
28-11-2015, 17:47
Easter Road for me. Make for a good atmosphere and nice and handy for me

Embra Bear
28-11-2015, 18:02
If what was posted about the rules saying it's has to be played at the nearest ground to both sides it got to be around the Perth/Dundee area surely?

However using Hampden would allow the fans of the two finalists who attended one of more of the previous rounds to be seated easily. There'd also be loads of room left over for the glory hunters from both sides to attend as well so no real excuse for not using Hampden unless this rule about the ground used for the final can't be changed.

stevanovski
28-11-2015, 18:23
im good mates with peterhead captain and he has told me it will be hampden if rangers win agaisnt st mirren. peterhead also want hampden as they receive hald the gate receipts.

Gunther Netzer
28-11-2015, 19:15
BBC state it will be at Hampden.

SM
28-11-2015, 19:20

Union Jack Day? Now there's an original thought.

Embra Bear
28-11-2015, 19:42
Union Jack Day? Now there's an original thought.

Now now SM, no need to be like that. Give the plebs their 2 minutes in the limelight. :D

Kathman2
28-11-2015, 20:00
idealy there would be a ground smaller than Hampden that could accomidate the size of crowd we got today. Can't see Hampden being sold out and I'm not bothered about glory hunters not getting tickets.

glasgowguy87
28-11-2015, 20:14
idealy there would be a ground smaller than Hampden that could accomidate the size of crowd we got today. Can't see Hampden being sold out and I'm not bothered about glory hunters not getting tickets.

Ideally it should be held at a stadium with a capacity of around the 30 - 40k mark, unfortunately we don't have such a stadium in Scotland. Hampden is the next best option.

Enigma
28-11-2015, 21:11
Surely both clubs should have an input and if both clubs agree then they should have the final say.

You also have to take into account demand,There wouldn't be any point taking it to a 20k stadium if people wouldn't get tickets that wanted to go,The same reason applies taking it to a stadium under 20k.

Peterhead directors also have a duty to their shareholders to do what's in the best interests of Peterhead fc from a financial point,Would they be doing their job correctly by taking it to a much smaller ground and losing perhaps over 100k for their club over what is no more than a two bob cup,Would winning the two bob cup be more important than putting a couple of hundred thousand pounds into their club.

Hampden is big enough but fans behind the goals get a raw deal as they are miles away from the pitch and struggle to see what's going on and the atmosphere at Hampden is pish along with the disgraceful food prices,Only good point is that Queens park would earn the rental and make a few bob.

If the two clubs both agreed,Then the best choice would be Ibrox and i'm not showing bias here,There would be a good possibility that Ibrox would be sold out and would also generate a brilliant atmosphere,Peterhead would raise their game in front of a huge crowd and would be 11 v 11 on the pitch and Peterhead would collect easily over 200k perhaps even more than that,Almost all of their money would come from Rangers fans.

I'm not also a fan of these split gates and believe that clubs should keep all money from their own ticket allocation,Rangers will never gain anything from this and the only ones gaining huge amounts of cash are other teams.

Shirbear
28-11-2015, 23:34
The Challenge Cup was created to give clubs of the Old SFL a competition of their own . The common practice was always to play it at an SFL club ground . Hampden would keep that principle in tact . I would also make it a July competition to test summer football with very little risk . I would also make it an under 14/16 get in free competition . Armed forces and oaps in for a 5 .

MoodyBlue1872
29-11-2015, 01:43
Combined capacity for both semi's - 103,000.

Combined attendance for both semi's - 24,000.

Not a final for Hampden.

29-11-2015, 01:56
Rangers secured their place in the Petrofac Training Cup final after brushing aside St Mirren in a one sided match at Ibrox.
Jason Holt put the home side ahead in the first half with a well-worked effort.
Kenny Miller, Martyn Waghorn and Dean Shiels added to that in the second half to put the tie beyond any doubt.
It is a result that takes Mark Warburton to his first cup final as Rangers manager, against Peterhead.
A meeting with the League One side at Hampden Park was the prize for sides who faced each other in a miserable day on the south side of Glasgow.

Peters Scarf
29-11-2015, 03:05
Half right.

Get Hampdump as the venue and then boycott completely.

And show this poxy hole what we can do.

ibroxkev
29-11-2015, 03:09
They need it to be played at Hampdump to help pay for their case against Cashley.

Peters Scarf
29-11-2015, 03:14
Surely both clubs should have an input and if both clubs agree then they should have the final say.

You also have to take into account demand,There wouldn't be any point taking it to a 20k stadium if people wouldn't get tickets that wanted to go,The same reason applies taking it to a stadium under 20k.

Peterhead directors also have a duty to their shareholders to do what's in the best interests of Peterhead fc from a financial point,Would they be doing their job correctly by taking it to a much smaller ground and losing perhaps over 100k for their club over what is no more than a two bob cup,Would winning the two bob cup be more important than putting a couple of hundred thousand pounds into their club.

Hampden is big enough but fans behind the goals get a raw deal as they are miles away from the pitch and struggle to see what's going on and the atmosphere at Hampden is pish along with the disgraceful food prices,Only good point is that Queens park would earn the rental and make a few bob.

If the two clubs both agreed,Then the best choice would be Ibrox and i'm not showing bias here,There would be a good possibility that Ibrox would be sold out and would also generate a brilliant atmosphere,Peterhead would raise their game in front of a huge crowd and would be 11 v 11 on the pitch and Peterhead would collect easily over 200k perhaps even more than that,Almost all of their money would come from Rangers fans.

I'm not also a fan of these split gates and believe that clubs should keep all money from their own ticket allocation,Rangers will never gain anything from this and the only ones gaining huge amounts of cash are other teams.

Ibrox as a venue for a neutral venue in a Cup Final involving Rangers is bollocks. I don't even know how you would want to go down that route given how the filth in the press call the shots anyway and their false sense of morality and fair play.

As far as I know, only one side in the 20th century ever played a Scottish Cup final on its own ground, and they did it twice. (Won it once)

That was the munky mob. Back in 1902 and then in 1995.

Rangers in a final I want it to be neutral.

Some of us have always had standards.

Westend
29-11-2015, 05:33

Believe it or not Einstein some people work early doors on a Saturday.

Westend
29-11-2015, 05:43
E

Oh come on this cup is demeaned enough without playing it on our own turf. Only Timothy would request a home tie cup final, infact they have and got it twice to my recollection.

purdy1985
29-11-2015, 07:44
I would like it to be held at Pittodrie , a good day trip and it would encourage a good turn out from Peterhead giving it a decent atmosphere

gourockblue50
29-11-2015, 15:03
I would like it to be held at Pittodrie , a good day trip and it would encourage a good turn out from Peterhead giving it a decent atmosphere

Giving the sheep an income??????????

PudseyBear
29-11-2015, 15:12
Murrayfield would be good

Jack Sparrow
29-11-2015, 15:50

The rules do not state any such thing. Did you even bother to check before repeating made up nonsense?

5. DATES FOR TIES
All ties will be played on dates decided by the Board. The venue for the Final Tie will be decided by the Board.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootball leagueasat5october2015_1444723823.pdf

Page 163 of the SPFL competition rules.

The board of the SPFL will decide. The current SPFL Board is made up of Neil Doncaster (CEO), Ralph Topping (Chairman), Eric Riley (Celtic), Stephen Thompson (Dundee United), Duncan Fraser (Aberdeen), Eric Drysdale (Raith Rovers), Mike Mulraney (Alloa Athletic) and Ken Ferguson (Brechin City).

Gate receipts will play a part. 5% of the gate goes to the SPFL. 15% of the gate goes to the hosting club. The remaining 80% is divided equally between the 2 clubs playing. Also in the rules.

The Blairdardie Man
29-11-2015, 16:40

FFS! lining the pockets of a) St Mirren and b) the SFA / SPFL is a protest! Same old nonsense from people who want to cause chasms in the support. If there was some kind of protest outside to highlight that fact you'd likely be on here with the old "if they don't wanna see the Rangers let them stay home" rant.

The SFA or SPFL will be hoping for over 50,000 and they'll be coining it in. I won't be lining their pockets, if you do then that's your choice. I'd have preferred it at Pittodrie just to give the Peterhead fans a day out.

BTW Jim McInally saying the Peterhead area was full of Bears... Probably the Chairman told him to say that as they (naturally) wann get a piece of the Blue Pound... don't mind that a bit but for the SFA to be sitting back making 'projected earnings' from the Rangers fans is a bit of nerve.

Any threat to our Titles won't come until after we're in the Top League and they've signed a big TV deal. They don't want Rangers FC or our fans, only our Cash and our Titles. Remember that before you buy a ticket.

Snidey remarks aimed at boycotters is part of the problem for Rangers - it was the boycotters and the protests that got this new board in place and got rid of the Crooks of the old board. Still, i don't expect some people to either a) learn or b) put the needs of Rangers ahead of their own wee agendas.

Another one for the 'ignore' button maybe?

The Blairdardie Man
29-11-2015, 17:01
Tha'ts a very good point maybe at the Inverness ground or Ross County's one?

Black and Blue
29-11-2015, 17:13
Someone posted on here that it has to be at a ground that is roughly equal distance between the two clubs, anyone know if that's true?

If I remember correctly ICT had to travel for a Sunday final with a 12.30 K and there wasn't any transport to get the support there on time.

TN8
29-11-2015, 17:13
It should be up to Rangers and Peterhead to agree the venue. You'd think common sense says maximise the potential crowd and income, but if Peterhead felt Glasgow gave us some sort of advantage then fine, play it elsewhere.

simplysupercooper
29-11-2015, 17:16
After their semi, PD chief Morrison spoke about tannadice for the final and was asked if he was ok with hampdump if we beat St Boo.

Lots of folk badly need a cut of the blue pound....

kilbirnie bear
29-11-2015, 17:21

That would be interesting .15,000 Bears in Aberdeen !