PDA

View Full Version : The Policing yesterday

okeydokey505
20-09-2015, 22:53
Again way over the top.

For one wee shitie stand.

barryhopez
20-09-2015, 22:58
Surrounded by riot Police beating their shields to intimidate?

Snatch squads grabbing anyone in Stone Island gear?

Indiscriminate use of water cannon?

You need to elaborate as if it's the above that's way over the top.

okeydokey505
20-09-2015, 23:01
The amount of Police to the amount of fans.

Skyy Bluenose
20-09-2015, 23:01
Noticed on RTV about 15 cops standing at the far corner of the pitch. Seemed like overkill, particularly when the fans seemed to be blended together.

Marc_dGris
20-09-2015, 23:04
Cops were probably delighted to get to watch Rangers free.

jdm1873
20-09-2015, 23:12
Segregation and would not let us walk past their fans despite the fact we all leave through the same exit.

The Advocate
20-09-2015, 23:15
Only there to see the Rangers

stubrown1
20-09-2015, 23:24
Again way over the top.

For one wee shitie stand.

Agree with that went down to get a drink at half time only to see a line of about 6 or 7 cops looked like they were guarding the trays of sandwiches for the corporates. You could not make it up.

okeydokey505
20-09-2015, 23:24
Segregation and would not let us walk past their fans despite the fact we all leave through the same exit.

I have been to every game that we have played Dumbarton.

Yesterday was the first that we were made to take the long route round to get in.

fraser51
20-09-2015, 23:27
I went to the first meeting last season and Rangers fans were made to take the long route before and after the match.

stubrown1
20-09-2015, 23:27

Yesterday was the first that we were made to take the long route round to get in.

You must have been lucky 4 times I have been and always made to walk round the long way !!

okeydokey505
20-09-2015, 23:32
You must have been lucky 4 times I have been and always made to walk round the long way !!

We were in The Rock Bowling Club so maybe it was the direction that we came from.

After the match it was the long way but not before.

barryhopez
20-09-2015, 23:34
The amount of Police to the amount of fans.

Oh right............

loyal_bear
20-09-2015, 23:41
It's a feature at most away games now sadly. The only exception I can really remember is when we played at QOTS or Berwick. Saying that though the police did come in to the stand before the match at QOTS to tell fans singing the Andy Halliday song was sectarian. From the first minute it's usually cameras aimed at us, police lined up infront of the stand. I must have missed the rioting and pillaging that has gone on previously at the likes of Brechin, Montrose and Stenhousemuir.

loyal_bear
20-09-2015, 23:42
Oh right............

If you go to away games you must realise the policing is way over the top. The sarcastic "oh right" comment isn't needed.

barryhopez
20-09-2015, 23:51
If you go to away games you must realise the policing is way over the top. The sarcastic "oh right" comment isn't needed.

I wasn't at Dumbarton yesterday, no. So far the indication is that yesterday it was way over the top because some folk were made to walk round the long way and that there were 15 of them.

It wasn't really sarcasm it was an acknowledgement that the OP answered my question.

FOURMENHADADREAM
20-09-2015, 23:59
First game we were there they done the same..had to walk all the way around....i even posted about it before we went yesterday...

same with the van and camera behind the fence

theweestevie
21-09-2015, 07:15
I went to the first meeting last season and Rangers fans were made to take the long route before and after the match.

Lucky you, I had to go all the way round each time I've been there

JamesieM
21-09-2015, 07:27
worst I noticed was the Airdrie game where there we had a concierge opening the doors and three security guards directing ever section to there seats.

There were more 'rock steady/G4' than at ibrox and again the token 15 cops in a corner all chatting.

It's not needed and its a shame for the smaller clubs who I presume must have to pay this.

davydumper
21-09-2015, 07:39
Don't know why they bother with segregation at Dumbarton, only one way in and out everyone mingles with no issues

*****GREG_RFC*****
21-09-2015, 07:52
What exactly is the issue here? Too many police around the away support section?

Shotters Nation
21-09-2015, 08:44
half the bears were in the home end and jumped for both goals. Barring the odd Dumbarton fan shouting to get the bears papped out, it went off peaceful

overkill by the police

Madrid Bill
21-09-2015, 09:15
Cops were probably delighted to get to watch Rangers free.
In Dumbarton? lolz

davieloyal
21-09-2015, 10:49
me and kids were in the home end with my mate if was a good laugh when we scored.

numberoneallover
21-09-2015, 12:51
It's a feature at most away games now sadly. The only exception I can really remember is when we played at QOTS or Berwick. Saying that though the police did come in to the stand before the match at QOTS to tell fans singing the Andy Halliday song was sectarian. From the first minute it's usually cameras aimed at us, police lined up infront of the stand. I must have missed the rioting and pillaging that has gone on previously at the likes of Brechin, Montrose and Stenhousemuir.

what did they say and why?..and what evidence did they offer?

as for saturday , it was a police over kill

numberoneallover
21-09-2015, 12:53
half the bears were in the home end and jumped for both goals. Barring the odd Dumbarton fan shouting to get the bears papped out, it went off peaceful

overkill by the police

that happened last season with the home fans

davieloyal
21-09-2015, 13:23
when the 2nd goal went in on sat the guy behind us shouts " stewards get these rangers bassa out of here " i saw 3 bears getting put out they just kept arguing with a steward who then got the polis and they were out.

loyal_bear
21-09-2015, 14:44
what did they say and why?..and what evidence did they offer?

as for saturday , it was a police over kill

Before kick off just behind the goal. We just caught the end they didn't really argue just said it was sectarian then left the stand there was no real argument from either side. No reasons given or anything.

red star
21-09-2015, 16:24
Last season a steward asked me if i was a Rangers fan, i said yes and he told me to go the long way but when he saw i was with my Dad ( who is over 70) he said we could go the short way. Also on the way out we walked past the row of mounties to go the short way. The amount of Police for 1900 people was ridiculous but typical of a country which sees football fans as a gravy train for the Police and stewarding companies to rob football Clubs blind

CPA Bluenose
21-09-2015, 18:02
They need enough sectarian arrests to keep the anti-ranjurs unit funding.

They wont be keen to pick them up at the staade de gaad. That wont fit the agenda.

The oracle
21-09-2015, 21:37

I was at second game there and was told to walk the long route or wait till the polis decided it was clear as for overkill mounted police for a crowd of 1,600 ridiculous

Hap Hapablap
21-09-2015, 21:48
Take a stab at how many police were on duty at the recent music gigs in Bellahouston park?

williewoodburn
21-09-2015, 21:57
Police Scotland looking for any excuse to up their income. Its a shame on the wee clubs who surely will have better things to spend their money on.

Captain Jock
21-09-2015, 21:58
Is this thread for real?
There was a police presence that was larger than normal for a Dumbarton game and they directed Rangers fans safely home.
What a nightmare!
:eek:

Then.Now.Forever
21-09-2015, 22:00
Thank God there wasn't some poor sod who'd crashed their motor needing assistance.

Police Scotland - Getting their priorities straight!

Gunther Netzer
21-09-2015, 22:04
Thank God there wasn't some poor sod who'd crashed their motor needing assistance.

Police Scotland - Getting their priorities straight!

Working to the agenda set by Holyrood and the SNP.

Then.Now.Forever
21-09-2015, 22:07
Working to the agenda set by Holyrood and the SNP.

They work it well then, they've never been shy under the SNP or Labour to target football fans and in particular Rangers fans.

Rex
21-09-2015, 22:21
Ithe police did come in to the stand before the match at QOTS to tell fans singing the Andy Halliday song was sectarian.

:eek: The "Baby give it up" one??

numberoneallover
21-09-2015, 22:23
:eek: The "Baby give it up" one??

the steward said to me the song sounded like he ****s the pope and the ira lol

claiming thats what plod were going under , told him straight that wasnt the lyrics anyway but big boss in security room rules supreme it seems

even at that we should be celebrating our protestant culture and praise one of our own who actually plays for us

doc holliday
21-09-2015, 23:23
Nice freebie getting to watch your team and getting paid double time for it.