PDA

View Full Version : Eustace In At Murray Park

1972 bear
04-07-2015, 09:01
Apologies if already posted.

JOHN EUSTACE will begin training at Murray Park at the beginning of next week with a view to signing a permanent deal.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9561-eustace-in-at-murray-park

montyplums
04-07-2015, 09:08
Good stuff - hope it all goes well.

jimbo.b
04-07-2015, 10:01
Looks like they want him to prove his recovery from injury and check his fitness.
New thinking indeed.

ICA_86
04-07-2015, 10:02
Looks like they want him to prove his recovery from injury and check his fitness.
New thinking indeed.

Someone will be able to find a moan about this somehow.

magnus
04-07-2015, 10:04
It's not the Rangers way. Get him signed no need for a medical.

gers11
04-07-2015, 10:13
I don't have a good feeling about the possibility of signing this player. If he was a lot younger with his recent injury recovery, I would be more optimistic in regards to signing him. But even if he looks alright in training it doesn't prove much, as he'll need to get brought up to a good level via match play, and I just don't think weve got the time to wait on a 35yrs old player to get fit. Only an honest opinion from an older Rangers fan.Ps. I would rather we bring in a player around 25yrs old who's played at a decent level and proved that he can pass medical.

jimbo.b
04-07-2015, 10:20
Everyone who knows this lad says he's a leader, takes no nonsense and is the complete professional in every aspect of his personal life.
If he has fully recovered from his injury he will be ready to go through a full pre season, as to match sharpness he'll be as rusty as everybody else, but he's coming from a tough league into the Scottish second division, and with his attitude should cope easily.

stuh
04-07-2015, 10:24
Someone will be able to find a moan
about this somehow...

And we have it already....

don't have a good feeling about the
possibility of signing this player. If
he was a lot younger with his recent
injury recovery, I would be more
optimistic in regards to signing him.
But even if he looks alright in training
it doesn't prove much, as he'll need
to get brought up to a good level via
match play, and I just don't think
weve got the time to wait on a 35yrs
old player to get fit. Only an honest
opinion from an older Rangers
fan.Ps. I would rather we bring in a
player around 25yrs old who's
played at a decent level and proved
that he can pass medical.

cw3038
04-07-2015, 10:24
New thinking indeed.

Sure beats the way the five from Newcastle were signed.

The Lone Sniper
04-07-2015, 10:26
I don't have a good feeling about the possibility of signing this player. If he was a lot younger with his recent injury recovery, I would be more optimistic in regards to signing him. But even if he looks alright in training it doesn't prove much, as he'll need to get brought up to a good level via match play, and I just don't think weve got the time to wait on a 35yrs old player to get fit. Only an honest opinion from an older Rangers fan.Ps. I would rather we bring in a player around 25yrs old who's played at a decent level and proved that he can pass medical.

Yes and we would all rather we brought in Cesc Fabregas.

We need to be realistic; we are in a shxte Scottish football league and cannot attract an abundance of talented 25 year old midfielders.

adelblue
04-07-2015, 10:28
The logic behind the decision to sign him should be clear. Surround him with 20-25 year olds with him organising, breaking up play and getting in the ref's face.

I for one am optimistic about it.

47blue
04-07-2015, 10:30
Looks like a solid spine to the team, gives the more creative players a platform to perform

bluecakeo
04-07-2015, 10:30
about this somehow...

It's a bit unfair to not expect positive and negative opinions on a football forum :confused::confused:

klostheboss
04-07-2015, 10:32
If he signs I genuinely believe he'll prove our best signing of this window

Captain_Buns
04-07-2015, 10:42
Auchenhowie surely? :D

CardendenGer
04-07-2015, 10:45
Looks like a solid spine to the team, gives the more creative players a platform to perform

Who would they be?:D

jackdaniels78
04-07-2015, 10:54

Warburton has explained this on many occasions. We need some experienced leaders along with the young players we are signing.

toadegree
04-07-2015, 10:59

And how many 25 year olds who play at a decent level would be willing to come to the Scottish Championship?

billbones
04-07-2015, 11:05
Really hope he proves his fitness and signs, he was one of derby's best players last season when they were top of the championship, their drop down the league was basically down to him getting injured. All the Derby fans I work with can't speak highly enough of him.

nzb
04-07-2015, 11:27
Is he even ready to start full training? It was only a couple of weeks ago he said he just started some light jogging.

He's not going to be ready to start the season so im guessing/hoping a permanent deal is quite a way off. Presumably our staff are monitoring him through the remainder of his recuperation before making a decision

govanfront85
04-07-2015, 11:37
Someone will be able to find a moan about this somehow.

We should all just agree on everything eh?

DELPHROAD
04-07-2015, 11:44
Think this guy could be a good signing for the younger lads. He sounds like a good professional footballer.

jimbo.b
04-07-2015, 11:45
We should all just agree on everything eh?

I agree.

bobbydazzler
04-07-2015, 12:20

Didn't work out too badly for an older Davie Weir. We're shaping the team with 24 year olds. A solid professional who's a leader on the park that can guide those relatively young players might not be a bad thing.

We're not going to keep every player Warburton signs for 3 years or more. If he can come in on acceptable wages and do a solid job on and off the park then that could be just as important a role as any other.

47blue
04-07-2015, 13:57
Who would they be?:D

Fair point, maybe Walsh,Mckay can thrive, Law needs strength behind him
Templeton is just a waster

georgeclooney
04-07-2015, 15:18
Experience comes with age and playing. Remember Souness brought in Trevor Francis and Ray Wilkins to revolutionise our club back then. This makes the move to bring an experienced Eustace a good move to help with the managements vision for the club . In a similar way but at our current playing level and financial budget.

pb881
04-07-2015, 15:20
Was playing a much higher standard than we are currently playing, need to see how he's recovered from his injury though.

barrymoped
04-07-2015, 15:53
Was playing a much higher standard than we are currently playing, need to see how he's recovered from his injury though.

I agree. It's new and refreshing thinking to have him here for two weeks so MW can assess his fitness before deciding to take him on or not. One things for sure, if he can regain his fitness or form of last season then it's a no brainier. It's amazing how Derbys season totally unravelled when Eustace got injured.

devilman
04-07-2015, 16:05
Good to see we're not just jumping into signing him and giving him a go in training first. I think he'd be a good player for us but we need to make sure he's fit and we don't just sign someone who ends up not playing.

grangers
04-07-2015, 16:06
about this somehow...

What a cheek that guy has, having his own opinion and all that, one that differs from the FF flip floppers as well, how dare he.

If Ally McCoist had tried to sign this guy, this place would be in meltdown, the charge probably being led by yerself and yer pals.