PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool chairman pulls gun on fan

uneasydaz
02-07-2015, 17:34
Police have spoken to Karl Oyston about carrying a gun in public after the Blackpool chairman was involved in an altercation with a fan last Thursday outside the club's stadium.

Lancashire Police launched an investigation after supporter Steve Reid alleged Oyston had brandished the firearm at him, but concluded no criminal offence had been committed.

The Blackpool chairman was, however, spoken to with regard to carrying a gun in a public place.

Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston has been spoken to by police regarding carrying a gun in a public place +8
Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston has been spoken to by police regarding carrying a gun in a public place
Lancashire police launched an investigation after an

allegation made about Oyston by supporter Steve Reid

Reid said Oyston brandished a shotgun during a row between the two outside Bloomfield Road last week
Reid said Oyston brandished a shotgun during a row between the two outside Bloomfield Road last week
Oyston is alleged to have confronted Reid last Thursday lunchtime when he went to Bloomfield Road to deliver a letter to club chiefs on behalf of another supporter, Jeremy Smith, who is being sued by the Seasiders.

On leaving the building, Reid is said to have encountered Oyston coming out of his vehicle before Oyston became hostile.

Reid told Sportsmail he was 'shaking like a leaf', and added: 'I was stood outside the club hotel talking to a pal. After a couple of minutes a large 4x4 pulled right up to us.

'He (Oyston) got out and immediately launched into a tirade – telling me to 'get off my f****** land'. My pal couldn't believe it.

'He then reversed the car into a bay and got out to shout at me again. I looked back and he was waving with a black shotgun. As I hurried back to the van he was about 15 metres away. I sped off and reported it to the police.'

Lancashire Police said in a statement: 'We received a report of an altercation between two men outside Blackpool Football Club at shortly after 11:30am on Thursday 25 June. An allegation was made that a firearm was brandished during the incident.

Oyston was said to have launched into a tirade, telling the Blackpool supporter ‘get off my f****** land’ +8
Oyston was said to have launched into a tirade, telling the Blackpool supporter ‘get off my f****** land’
'Following a thorough investigation it was established that at no stage was a firearm brandished or used to threaten any other party and no criminal offences were committed. However a 48-year-old man was spoken to in relation to carrying a firearm in a public place.

'The matter has now been concluded.'

Oyston declined the invitation to listen to the allegations, and a club spokesman said: 'No comment.'

declined to comment on the allegations from last week
It is the latest embarrassing incident for the Blackpool chairman, who was slapped with a six-week ban from football activities by the FA last month for labelling another fan a 'retard' in a text message exchange late last year.

Blackpool have launched into legal proceedings against Reid's friend Smith after he allegedly doctored a newspaper labelling the club's owners 'thieves' during a fierce protest last season.

Bill the Butcher
02-07-2015, 17:36
Another cancer in football.

pb881
02-07-2015, 17:39
Are you allowed to kick about with a shotgun now?

Radioactive Man
02-07-2015, 18:04
He was "spoken to"? :blink:

Les Briggs Loyal
02-07-2015, 18:13
I'm pretty sure if I was to brandish one of my shotguns in public,all I'd get is a talking to....

along with a hefty fine,ban from owning firearms and possibly a wee holiday at Her Majesty's Pleasure..

Radioactive Man
02-07-2015, 18:18
No possibly about it mate...

charlesdexterward
02-07-2015, 18:32
Bloody nutter

wacaktb
02-07-2015, 18:36
This is mental, he'll do time

RinosPaws
02-07-2015, 19:05
its sickening whats happening to them.

the owners are gleefully killing them

first250worldrecord
02-07-2015, 19:10
May I be among the first to suggest this fan may be fibbing?

Top_Cat
02-07-2015, 19:11
The matter is now concluded?!

Seriously?

Trevor Reznick
02-07-2015, 19:11
Just as well he was not singing TBB at him he would have got jail time.

Gunther Netzer
02-07-2015, 19:15
Just as well he was not singing TBB at him he would have got jail time.

Do we not have a remedy now.:angel:

bertram
02-07-2015, 19:18
Hopefully the karma dildoe f,ucks Oyston hard.

earlcmoonbrand
02-07-2015, 19:46
The Oystons are killing that club - relegation this season is pretty much nailed on already and the fans are resigned to it. The phrase odious turd was made for Karl but that barely begins to describe him. He's a cancerous polyp on the anus of humanity and the sooner that Blackpool are rid of him the better.

Enigma
02-07-2015, 20:03
May I be among the first to suggest this fan may be fibbing?Which part is he fibbing about ? He said he was brandishing a firearm and the police said this below

However a 48-year-old man was spoken to in relation to carrying a firearm in a public place.

I'm unsure as what the police determines as a public place in regards to firearms if a public place also covers inside a vehicle,How also would the guy who reported him know he had a firearm,So don't think he's making anything up as the police have confirmed above he had a firearm in a public place and was spoken to.

So more to the point i would assume cctv would prove or disprove he brandished the gun,But an even greater point would be the police have done nothing in regards to this person carrying a gun in a public place and haven't even charged him.

budman
02-07-2015, 20:04
My reading is it wasn't a gun, black tubular item from a distance looks like one i guess, lets face it, if it was a firearm there is no doubt he would have been lifted.
that saying, the guy is a disgrace.

RinosPaws
02-07-2015, 20:22
The Oystons are killing that club - relegation this season is pretty much nailed on already and the fans are resigned to it. The phrase odious turd was made for Karl but that barely begins to describe him. He's a cancerous polyp on the anus of humanity and the sooner that Blackpool are rid of him the better.

Its brutal for the fans, because they can do nothing.

They organise Oyston Out rallies, he turns up with a new number plate, 0Y51 OUT

The family syphoned off millions, 10's of millions into there other business and paid themselves fortunes and publically ridicule and laugh at the fans.

And Yet the FA do nothing, infact Oyston is on a FA Panel IIRC.

im_a_good_bluenose
02-07-2015, 20:28

The family syphoned off millions, 10's of millions into there other business and paid themselves fortunes and publically ridicule and laugh at the fans.

Karma will get oyston. May take a while but it will get him.
Vile khunt.

earlcmoonbrand
02-07-2015, 20:29

I know some fans that have now given up and are watching Fleetwood and Fylde regularly rather than return to Blackpool under Oyston. It's a tragedy of immense proportions and the fact that the FA have stood idly by is as disgraceful as it is heartbreaking. There's a distinct possibility that the season after next Boackpool could be in the same division as AFC Fylde if Oyston is allowed to deliberately run the club into the ground.

Embra Bear
02-07-2015, 20:33
Which part is he fibbing about ? He said he was brandishing a firearm and the police said this below

I'm unsure as what the police determines as a public place in regards to firearms if a public place also covers inside a vehicle,How also would the guy who reported him know he had a firearm,So don't think he's making anything up as the police have confirmed above he had a firearm in a public place and was spoken to.

So more to the point i would assume cctv would prove or disprove he brandished the gun,But an even greater point would be the police have done nothing in regards to this person carrying a gun in a public place and haven't even charged him.

There was also this statement in the article which for some reason you omitted in your post.

'Following a thorough investigation it was established that at no stage was a firearm brandished or used to threaten any other party and no criminal offences were committed'

What could have happened is the shotgun was in the vehicle and the guy telling the story saw it through the window and embellished the story a bit.

RinosPaws
02-07-2015, 20:58
I know some fans that have now given up and are watching Fleetwood and Fylde regularly rather than return to Blackpool under Oyston. It's a tragedy of immense proportions and the fact that the FA have stood idly by is as disgraceful as it is heartbreaking. There's a distinct possibility that the season after next Boackpool could be in the same division as AFC Fylde if Oyston is allowed to deliberately run the club into the ground.

Me and a mate were down for the Blackpool True Blues doo at the stadium, and the stadium, facilities etc is all there, including the hotel - that club has massive potential however they are killing it, and thats no exaggeration.

Although by all accounts the training ground is a mess and hasn't been touched in about 30 years.

Seems like the Oystons are generally a bad bunch, the father done for Rape, the son up on charges calling a fan a retard and intentially ****ing off the support , and his own son seems a complete bell end aswell.

And yet nothing the Blackpool fans can do :(

ianb11
03-07-2015, 07:13
Are you allowed to kick about with a shotgun now?

You need one in Blackpool these days :D

Kathman2
03-07-2015, 07:24
I'm pretty sure if I was to brandish one of my shotguns in public,all I'd get is a talking to....

along with a hefty fine,ban from owning firearms and possibly a wee holiday at Her Majesty's Pleasure..

'At no,stage was a firearm brandished or used to threaten a member of the public'
That's the cops line, the guy has prob seen the gun bag in the boot of the motor and made the story up. All three of them seem to be idiots.

R.T.I.D 1975
03-07-2015, 08:32
Paul murray should do this to the first media journo that steps out a line,just walk into the press room and place his 9mm on the table and wave it to the first crackpot who asks a stupid question!!

charlie bubbles
03-07-2015, 09:33
Bloody nutter

Thieving bloody nutter.

mayfairblue2
03-07-2015, 09:37
Karma will get oyston. May take a while but it will get him.
Vile khunt.

Lets hope it does ,horrible c.unt.

gourockblue50
03-07-2015, 09:43
He should have his gun license revoked.

johnwoods88
03-07-2015, 12:44
Good to know we can all carry a firearm as long as we don't threaten anyone or brandish the firearm.