PDA

View Full Version : Watching Rangers in the Lake District.

HHSS
05-05-2015, 17:58
More specifically, Windermere or Bowness.

Anyone know a bar or bars that show football in these towns?

Probable problem is Man Utd kick off at Palace at the same time on Saturday.

Cheers if you can help.

super cooper
05-05-2015, 18:30
The Gallant Pioneer in Blackpool is your closest Rangers pub

mcdxxxx
05-05-2015, 19:18
The Royal Oak in Bowness..I've been down there on holiday for the past ten years and they usually put on whatever you want on a big screen + usually I've been the only one watching..lovely place for a few days

HHSS
05-05-2015, 20:02
The Royal Oak in Bowness..I've been down there on holiday for the past ten years and they usually put on whatever you want on a big screen + usually I've been the only one watching..lovely place for a few days

Thank you pal. Down for a long weekend this weekend.

Masonfritz
06-05-2015, 05:33
Casas sports bar in Keswick has shown Rangers games in the past when I've been there.

Pretty sure they have BT sport.

nelster
06-05-2015, 06:09
Up in windermere near station

You have the grey walls pub (which was able to do 2 separate internationals in 2007). I've also watched PPV boxing in the queen (???) pub about 50 yards away.

Down nearer bowness there's a big grand pub just as you start climbing the hill up from the lake before you reach tesco. Again I watched Scotland in there on Sky while England were playing at same time in 2007.

There are several pubs around, I'm guessing you will be wandering about by day. Just stick your head in doors and ask if they have BT Sport.

There's also 2 corals bookies. Do Coral's show BTSport, I know Betfred does in his shops.

thebovril82
06-05-2015, 09:01

That's some holiday, most people just go for a fortnight.

skip_1
06-05-2015, 09:18
I am on holiday up there for the playoffs on 23rd and 28th May, if we make it that far so cheers for HHSS for asking the question. If can get decent wifi I could watch on tablet/phone too.

Bill the Butcher
06-05-2015, 09:33
More specifically, Windermere or Bowness.

Anyone know a bar or bars that show football in these towns?

Probable problem is Man Utd kick off at Palace at the same time on Saturday.

Cheers if you can help.

Get your arse down to Blackpool. :D

HHSS
06-05-2015, 11:54
Get your arse down to Blackpool. :D
Big guy, only 20 miles of difference in hotel to Blackpool and hotel to Dumfries.

Something tells me I wouldn't get back to the hotel on Saturday after meeting up with you. :D

mcdxxxx
06-05-2015, 19:54
Made me laugh