PDA

View Full Version : Sky Sports Originals: Hard Times, Fernando Ricksen now available on demand

supergers07
03-05-2015, 10:08
Heads up
Available now on demand

Showing on telly tonight at 7

Jamiegatami
03-05-2015, 12:21
Should be an emotional watch, the Sky docs this season have been really well done.

Going to watch it after the Chelsea game, sat with my Fernando shirt on!

dsloan
03-05-2015, 12:25
Watched it last night,to see Fernando was heartbreaking.

bigbluebroxi
03-05-2015, 14:20
I had the privilege of meeting Fernando during the week.

Poor guy can't even speak anymore, and didn't seem like it will be long till he can't walk either.

Heartbreaking.

big_blue
03-05-2015, 14:33
Just finished watching it and was heartbreaking.

I had no idea the illness could do so much harm.

He's certainly a fighter and good luck to him.

The turnout of former players and team mates was excellent and it was great to hear some of the stories.

As soon as they started talking about helicopter Sunday I get goose bumps.

Cardee
03-05-2015, 14:51
Watched it yesterday, nearly tore me apart watching him struggle to drink a sip of water.

Keep on fighting!

fraserd1985
03-05-2015, 15:15
Was just about to post this will be tough to watch

big_blue
03-05-2015, 16:04
Was just about to post this will be tough to watch

It is tough to watch but at the same time it's a must watch, if that makes any sense.

Very sad and difficult but then you'll find yourself laughing at some of the stories and then you'll be proud of the club we have and the players who turned out for the benifit game.

James Curran Baxter
03-05-2015, 16:29
Don't think they should have shown the fall at Ibrox.

A really hard watch. It's heart breaking. I met him on the way to Amsterdam after the match and was horrible. I had to help him on and off the plane and walked him to meet his friend. I really feel for him.

wmc84
03-05-2015, 17:15
Just watched it,burst into tears when I seen him fall over. That is one of the most heartbreaking programmes I've ever seen. We love u Nando we do

GEODGC
03-05-2015, 18:05
God, that's difficult to watch :(. I'm not ashamed to say, I was bubbling like a big kid watching that. You can only imagine the frustration he feels going from the character he was, to the way he is today.
Having said everything above- It's actually a really good documentary, there are some cracking memories and funny story's from Fernandos time at Rangers. Helicopter Sunday still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end every time I hear anything to do with it.

DejaVoodoo
03-05-2015, 18:55
Just finished watching it. Good documentary. Tough watching it, but he's a fighter. No doubt about that.

Enigma
03-05-2015, 23:54
Have Sky got this up on catch up yet or somewhere else you can watch it,Can't find it.

GypsumFantastic
04-05-2015, 04:49
Have Sky got this up on catch up yet or somewhere else you can watch it,Can't find it.

It's under the Sky Sports sub-category.

Agree with poster Cardee re the cup of water. Truly horrendous that it is now a struggle for him to perform such a simple and natural action :( .