PDA

View Full Version : Nicky Clark

Bassfreeker
02-05-2015, 20:59
I'm sorry but this guy is HOPELESS.

Why McCall keeps persisting with him beyond me, there is no way he is Rangers class (not sure what that is nowadays right enough) :(

The Double A Man
02-05-2015, 21:42
He clearly knows where the goals are,did he not score 41(circa) goals for QOS.It must be the way that he is being played.That or he's lost it completely.

KirkieBlueNose
02-05-2015, 21:44
Garbage running around is all he offers couldn't trap a bag of cement

GR_7_Bear
Another thread, another player being branded hopeless . . . .how refreshing!

Walker2603

It's the FF way.

ItsInTheNet
02-05-2015, 21:45
He is very poor and brings nothing in the way of holding up play, first touch, goal scoring threat etc.

CaptainCourageous
02-05-2015, 21:45
Runs about a lot. For many that's good enough.

End of the day he's lower Scottish leagues level. Not good enough.

Slow as a week in jail, lacks a first touch and has little composure - as we have seen all season and through out his Rangers career.

davyboy_17
02-05-2015, 21:47
Full of effort and running but does not have the skill or composure to be a decent striker. He will end up at raith or dumbarton etc, I think

okeydokey505
02-05-2015, 21:47
If this was Rangers bingo we would have a full house this season of slagging Rangers players on FF. :eek:

Tomted
02-05-2015, 21:49
The service our strikers get is not the best. If it was better I suspect that Nicky Clark would score regularly.

thelivibluenose
02-05-2015, 21:50
there no doubt he can score goals he might be one of these lads that would benefit from an arm round the shoulder

april86
02-05-2015, 21:50
He must have something if he can score 40 goals for QOS,but I have yet to see it.
He doesn't get great service from our midfield though.
As earlier posters have said his hold up play and first touch are shocking

CaptainCourageous
02-05-2015, 21:51
If this was Rangers bingo we would have a full house this season of slagging Rangers players on FF. :eek:

I suppose finishing 3rd in the second division in Scotland along with cup defeats, team and individual performances this season, deserves praise.

Nicky Clark is not good enough, don't see the problem with that.

ItsInTheNet
02-05-2015, 21:52
there no doubt he can score goals he might be one of these lads that would benefit from an arm round the shoulder

The same shoulder as Templeton?

PartickGer
02-05-2015, 21:54

We've just finished third in the 2nd tier of Scottish football. It's fair to say most of our squad is utter crap. They deserve every bit of criticism they get apart from the young players.

doc holliday
02-05-2015, 21:54
He gives 100%.

But he is not good enough for Rangers.

PartickGer
02-05-2015, 21:55

They need a boot up the arse, not an arm round the shoulder.

Bunch of overpaid chancers.

bangorblues
02-05-2015, 21:57
Lacks quality. Just not good enough.

okeydokey505
02-05-2015, 21:59
I suppose finishing 3rd in the second division in Scotland along with cup defeats, team and individual performances this season, deserves praise.

Nicky Clark is not good enough, don't see the problem with that.

No it doesn't deserve praise but has there been a Rangers player that has not been slagged on here this season ?

I don't go on any other clubs fans forums but I can bet that there is no other that slags players off the way FF posters do.

That was my point.

bilkobear
02-05-2015, 22:02
There is not much more that you can say about the lad.
Good attitude, good work ethic and brave enough and then you consider the football aspects and he has none.
Can't pass, can't shoot, can't control or trap, can't dribble, can't read the play, can't score.
In short he is a bit of a can't. (Just a wee joke. :angel:)

Kenny Miller who I wasn't too keen on before selection today done everything that Clark does in the running thing, but actually had a good game and scored a decent strikers goal.
Hardie should have played today I don't understand why he was dropped.

I thought that Shiels was very good in midfield and looked hungry and determined.
Foster had a passable day although he is error prone, but who in defence isn't?

I still think Mohsni should be in the team.

If McCulloch has to get a cameo, we should play him up front.
The illusion that he can play in our defence should by now be completely shattered.

GR_7_Bear
02-05-2015, 22:03
We've just finished third in the 2nd tier of Scottish football. It's fair to say most of our squad is utter crap. They deserve every bit of criticism they get apart from the young players.

This season has not been good enough, absolutely.
Some of our current players have not produced to levels we'd expect, no disagreement there.

My issue is that there is a defualt, unealthy mindset becoming the norm with some of our fans where it is just moaning and criticism. Booing our own players, telling all and sundry that everything is not good enough. Frankly it's boring and I see no positive other than it letting frustrated individuals vent their fury from behind a keyboard.

Certainly finishing 3rd is not what we set out to acheive but there's been a real lack of realism and readjustment from the moment we found ourselves in the bottom teir.

I recall reading a thread here that said we should win every game in Division 3 and not concede a goal in the league during the season.
That mindset is coming home to roost now.

The readjustment should have been an acceptence that we were not on a footballing level that some had only ever been used to. That penny didn't drop with some people until this season when we faced the freak nature of the league with Hibs and Hearts in it.

CaptainCourageous
02-05-2015, 22:05
No it doesn't deserve praise but has there been a Rangers player that has not been slagged on here this season ?

I don't go on any other clubs fans forums but I can bet that there is no other that slags players off the way FF posters do.

That was my point.

Performances deserve criticism.

laini1234
02-05-2015, 22:05
Has failed to impress this season . I was delighted when he signed but God knows how he scored so many prior to joining us

Brycie1982
02-05-2015, 22:07
Said today he does a lot of running but to where? Miller on a different wavelength at times today. Never going to be good enough imo

thelivibluenose
02-05-2015, 22:10
They need a boot up the arse, not an arm round the shoulder.

Bunch of overpaid chancers.

While I'd agree in most cases, he's the one guy who's been brought out from the lower leagues. Everybody else we signed at least has some top level expetence and does deserve s boot in the swingers I would like to give this boy the benefit of the doubt

bilkobear
02-05-2015, 22:11

That was my point.

I think even when you discuss certain players as fairly and constructively as possible, it will still be a slagging off when all things are considered.
Now why is that?

DocStone
02-05-2015, 22:11
He put himself in cracking positions umpteen times today, but the player on the ball (mostly Miller) just wouldn't play the ball to him. Was incredibly frustrating to watch.

PartickGer
02-05-2015, 22:12
This season has not been good enough, absolutely.
Some of our current players have not produced to levels we'd expect, no disagreement there.

My issue is that there is a defualt, unealthy mindset becoming the norm with some of our fans where it is just moaning and criticism. Booing our own players, telling all and sundry that everything is not good enough. Frankly it's boring and I see no positive other than it letting frustrated individuals vent their fury from behind a keyboard.

Certainly finishing 3rd is not what we set out to acheive but there's been a real lack of realism and readjustment from the moment we found ourselves in the bottom teir.

I recall reading a thread here that said we should win every game in Division 3 and not concede a goal in the league during the season.
That mindset is coming home to roost now.

The readjustment should have been an acceptence that we were not on a footballing level that some had only ever been used to. That penny didn't drop with some people until this season when we faced the freak nature of the league with Hibs and Hearts in it.

We have the second highest wage bill in the country, it's just that we've spunked it on terrible managers and awful players.

We are massively underachieving even taking into account the trauma we have gone through.

forlanssister
02-05-2015, 22:14
Makes me yearn for the halcyon days of Billy Urquhart....:(

broxburnranger
02-05-2015, 22:19
Has failed to impress this season . I was delighted when he signed but God knows how he scored so many prior to joining us

At Qos he was at a team playing well and receiving good service. How many of our strikers reached double figures this year and you have your answer. Not many strikers can score without a good supply.

jackdaniels78
02-05-2015, 22:21
We have very little alternatives. A decent striker would improve us no end

GR_7_Bear
02-05-2015, 22:22
We have the second highest wage bill in the country, it's just that we've spunked it on terrible managers and awful players.

We are massively underachieving even taking into account the trauma we have gone through.

This single fact is the biggiest irk I have with the criticism and abuse thrown at our players, managers and club.

It's a debate I've had countless times on here and one which I've become tired of going. BUT the level of salary is not a direct reflection of the individual earning it, perhaps it should be but it isn't.

I'm sure we all work with people who earn more than us but are not as able or capable as us. It's simply that they have been given the opportunity to earn a higher salary.

DELPHROAD
02-05-2015, 22:22
Very poor today, like he has been most of the season. Brings nothing to the team.

The Busby Bear
02-05-2015, 23:28
I've said it before, the guy is a poor football player. He tries his heart out and is a bit of a pest to defenders but he lacks so much as a footballer, his first touch is terrible, he runs into corners when he eventually gets control of the ball and rarely looks composed in front of goal.

rinosprayer
02-05-2015, 23:31
Didn't see it today but, as much as I like the lads effort, he is simply not good enough.

We need to play 5 in midfield and one upfront. Our 2 main goalscorers are midfielders and we need to win the battle in middle of the pitch through numbers (and take the the pressure off our shak defence).

FernandoTorres
02-05-2015, 23:31
We look a better team when he is playing.

He may not be the best player we have but he at least he gives 100% and looks as though he cares. He does come up with the odd moment of quality too.

I'd keep playing him if I was the manager, you could trust him to do a tactical job for you if necessary.

ayshireger
02-05-2015, 23:38
Not very good but at least the level of effort is there. In no way should he be bracketed with the jokers and wage thieves like Black, McCulloch, Boyd, Smith, Law, Simmonsen, Hutton, Zaliukas, Wallace and Moshni.

mayfairblue2
03-05-2015, 09:38
Tries hard,cant fault his effort,but nowhere near good enough.

rangersno.1
03-05-2015, 09:46
Must be me then I thought he had an okay game today some nice touches closed the ball down well and pestered there defence and gave 100% but hey ho.

potnryan_2
03-05-2015, 09:46
It's been a piss poor season for everyone, I would keep Clark as I think he could be a useful squad player once we have a proper management team in place

simplythebest
03-05-2015, 09:50
He scored a load of goals for qos but so has Derek Lyle.

I suspect the artificial surface helped them both.

LJ50
03-05-2015, 09:59
As a striker he has been less than effective. It's an understatement to say that his first touch could do with a bit of work too...

But, yesterday for example, he does a great defensive job for us. He presses the ball high up the pitch and prevents the opposition from building through the back. It was noticeable yesterday that when he was left isolated and asked to hold station in the middle of the park - that combined with our defence dropping too deep let Hearts shuffle the ball wide without pressure and get balls into our box.

He certainly needs to improve, but I wouldn't write him off yet...

toffee
03-05-2015, 10:01
His first touch is terrible.

Cowan_RFC
03-05-2015, 10:11
Just not good enough. Needs to be punted like almost every other player we have.

baselbear
03-05-2015, 10:13
We know why he scored those goals for QOS. They are a fast breaking team who play counter attack football. He has the speed to keep up with the wingers and put the chances they make away. As long as he has space and time.

He simply won't get that at Rangers.

bilkobear
03-05-2015, 14:31
We know why he scored those goals for QOS. They are a fast breaking team who play counter attack football. He has the speed to keep up with the wingers and put the chances they make away. As long as he has space and time.

He simply won't get that at Rangers.

Perhaps his style does suit QOS.
However, watching the lad play for Rangers is painful.
When he does get the ball in a good area around or inside the box, his lack of touch, close control and awareness is embarrassing.

He also lacks composure when provided with a chance and there have been many made for him, yes even by this Rangers team, and he has fluffed his lines more often than not.

He does put in a shift, he probably would do his best in any tactical plan, and he has a great attitude, it is plain to see when you watch him that he is proud to pull the shirt over his head, and that is encouraging for any supporter to witness.

However, all this tosh about being a pest to defences is just that...tosh.
Defenders will have worked this guy out and all the running in the world won't faze them.

Pests are irritating and that is all, it is danger that really undermines a defender and unsettles a defence.
Even at a young age Hardie exhibits all those dangerous aspects of a striker that Clark doesn't.
He runs at the right time, he runs into the right areas at the right time and he has a touch and control that defenders cannot easily deal with and when he receives the ball it sticks.

Yes he is young, but rather than go with the pest and his Duracell batteries, I would go for the dangerous player despite his inexperience everytime.

tkmcg
03-05-2015, 14:48
Of all the Rangers players i have watched over the years a very small percentage have been good enough to play for the Rangers in the eyes of the Rangers support.Teams that have won leagues or even trebles taken big scalps in Europe have been riddled with piss poor players in the eyes of the support he is no world beater but considering our place in the game at the moment he is maybe our level.

hurleb
03-05-2015, 14:52
We have very little alternatives. A decent striker would improve us no end

Give Hardie a wee run?

Cooper-11
03-05-2015, 15:25
Sorry for Clark but , he's like wall,the ball comes to him and bounces off him! Can't trap a ball or take it in his stride. Yes, full of running, problem he does not know where to run to let others gather around him. Of course do others in the team get up to help him? I think not we are so slow in our build up. Possibly due to lack of confidence in our central pairing?
Mohsni & McGregor should be aloosed to settle in together.

forlanssister
03-05-2015, 17:07
He scored a load of goals for qos but so has Derek Lyle.

I suspect the artificial surface helped them both.

Slight flaw in that statement is the fact that QOTS didn't install the artificial pitch till after Clark left, He's only ever played on it as a Rangers player.

Torque87
03-05-2015, 17:13
The lad puts in plenty of effort, but he's just a bang average footballer. He really should do more to improve his game by at least working on his first touch which is up there with the worst I've seen for a professional footballer.

Wilton_Bear
03-05-2015, 17:15
He's the best striker at the club which is why he starts every week.

bilkobear
03-05-2015, 17:23
He's the best striker at the club which is why he starts every week.

No he is not.
He isn't even the best striker in his own house. (If he still lives with his dad.) :D

lothiantrueblue
03-05-2015, 17:34
He isn't as good as his dad.

Let's leave it there.

:D

SpongebobSquarePass
03-05-2015, 17:36
He's the best option we have up front.

Kenny Miller, John Daly, Kris Boyd and John Daly are hopeless.

At least Clark is fit.

ontheline
03-05-2015, 19:56
Aye McColl should have went out and bought a striker:roll: