PDA

View Full Version : RST Statement on SPFL playoff ticketing

Fury
01-05-2015, 23:08
"The negligent running of Scottish football has continued tonight with the SPFL attempt to block Rangers season ticket holders from being admitted to playoff games for free. Fans are once again being treated like second class citizens and as far as we are aware the SPFL have leaked their so called hard line without informing the clubs involved.

It appears that the shambolic SPFL rulebook, written in haste by the same legal minds behind the failed SPL, is only being implemented when it suits the financial concerns of that organisation. A precedent was set last season when the SPFL took no action over Hibs admitting season ticket holders for free. Now suddenly, with a bumper pay day for the SPFL on the horizon, the playing field changes.

Neither Rangers fans, nor indeed fans of other clubs, should have to fund the commercial failure of a Chief Executive and an SPFL board which cannot secure a sponsor for this country's elite competition. It is not our fault, nor the fault of Hibs, Motherwell or Queen of the South fans, that those running the league are incompetent. A sponsor would have negated the need for the SPFL to hold fans of clubs involved in the playoffs to ransom. Why should we pay for their abject failure?

We urge the Rangers board to ignore the SPFL, to allow our season ticket holders to attend home playoff game(s) for free and to challenge any attempt by the SPFL board and their legal advisors to enforce rules that they have wilfully failed to apply to other clubs."

http://www.therst.co.uk/news/rst-statement-on-spfl-playoff-ticketing/

dt17
01-05-2015, 23:10
Brilliant statement once again! SPFL corrupt to the core.

IbroxForever
01-05-2015, 23:11
Spot on mate can't disagree and hope the board stand up to the corrupt.com scum..

kaysdad
01-05-2015, 23:13
Well said the RST .

bertram
01-05-2015, 23:17
Will we be able to do anything to take it to these vile parasites?

*****GREG_RFC*****
01-05-2015, 23:20
Genuine question. Can't we just charge everyone £1?

Dave Lancaster
01-05-2015, 23:21
Wonderful statement. SPFL are a shambles.

Dave Lancaster
01-05-2015, 23:22

Would be superb if we could.

tacneb21
01-05-2015, 23:24
In "keeganesque" style l would love it if our board go and get the lawyers onto the corrupt SPFL.

chic
01-05-2015, 23:25
Great statement.

I just hope the Board take the corrupt bastards on.

glasgowguy87
01-05-2015, 23:25

We could charge 1p if we wanted to.

longtimedead
01-05-2015, 23:26

The "Penny Play-Off" has a lovely ring to it ...................

1p per ticket.

Diggerz
01-05-2015, 23:26
Will any of the money end up in the pockets of scrounging Scumtic once the money is divvied up. Do these scrounging f*ckers share their European money with other clubs? No? Well the SPFL can do one.

jaws73
01-05-2015, 23:28

Superb Statement by RST. However I can't see anything in the rules that would prevent the £1 option ( plus booking fee of course :D )

bertram
01-05-2015, 23:28
Would be superb if we could.

I've got faith in Paul Murray and Dave King to explore allavenues in the hope of giving pig eyed Peter and his bitches a g i r f u y

Soda Lug
01-05-2015, 23:30
Superb Statement by RST. However I can't see anything in the rules that would prevent the £1 option ( plus booking fee of course :D )

I was told there is a minimum price rule.

glasgowguy87
01-05-2015, 23:31

There isn't, the proposal to introduce one was withdrawn at last week's SPFL meeting.

jaws73
01-05-2015, 23:31

I haven't seen that highlighted yet. I hope not.

jaws73
01-05-2015, 23:32
There isn't, the proposal to introduce one was withdrawn at last week's SPFL meeting.

Good, a pound it is then.

pollokutdbear
01-05-2015, 23:33

1p per ticket.

the Penny (Arcade) Play-off. Step up and pay

Dorian Blue
01-05-2015, 23:34
Great statement. Never mind a pound, a penny.

Dorian Blue
01-05-2015, 23:35
Remember Accies charged 10p recently with no problems.

wilso10
01-05-2015, 23:35
The club should stand firm, they set a precedent last year by allowing the 500 (or however many) Hibs fans in for free so why can't we do likewise?

be11y
01-05-2015, 23:36

1p per ticket.

And pay the robbing bastards their 50% share in 1p pieces

Gersrus71
01-05-2015, 23:37
There isn't anything in the rules that says you have to charge season ticket holders anything.
All it says is the SPFL get a cut of the gate.
Rangers should tell them to **** off and then hire a good Lawyer to rip their rule book to shreds

ekbear
01-05-2015, 23:39

1p per ticket.

I like that. Means the grand total of £205 winging its way to the spfl. Might just be enough to cover the bill for fat peters starter.

Gersrus71
01-05-2015, 23:40
Great statement. Never mind a pound, a penny.

Yeah
A penny for everyone and not just ST holders.
That will really **** over the SPFL.
They would make more money letting the ST holders in for free and then charging everyone else full price.

***in Idiots :)

Raindog
01-05-2015, 23:45
Fabulous statement, all the more so because it is nothing but the truth!

M4CAD
01-05-2015, 23:46
Great statement, hopefully the board stick to their guns

blueismycolour
01-05-2015, 23:50
Still trying to move the bloody goalposts as far as we're concerned, the SFA are a bunch of corrupt blood sucking bastards.

ThePRW
02-05-2015, 00:03
Well said RST! Fed up of double standards.

superger
02-05-2015, 00:11
As much as I want us to inform the SPFL to go fook themselves, we should be prepared for the consequences if we do.

The mhedia will deliberately whip up a shitstorm amongst other SPFL clubs to " demand Rangers are punished ".

We only have to look to recent times when the mhedia corralled the fans of others clubs to demand the authorities demote us from the top flight.

The mhedia don't care about prior precedents on this issue, such as Hibs, but going after us will be their main priority.

valencia05
02-05-2015, 00:17
Spot on statement.

Re: sponsors: It is a national disgrace that for two years there has been no sponsor of professional league football in Scotland and also the League Cup. TWO SEASONS of the amalgamated SPL + SFL = SPFL (same as before but with play-offs and minus Irn Bru SFL sponsor) without sponsorship deal. Previous sponsors Bank of Scotland and Clydesdale paid millions....two seasons of NOTHING.
Doncaster: what does this waste of face do? How many years has he been failing? A chief exec of any other business in the world would be mauled with his record of disaster, ridiculed. Not here, he is invisible, I've heard more from North Korea in past year than this complete clown.
Doncaster and Regan have overseen the worst period I can remember for Scottish football, lurching from crisis to catastra***. Photo ops holding up oversized adverts for BT Sport or Sky now and again. TWATS

bertram
02-05-2015, 00:36
As much as I want us to inform the SPFL to go fook themselves, we should be prepared for the consequences if we do.

The mhedia will deliberately whip up a shitstorm amongst other SPFL clubs to " demand Rangers are punished ".

We only have to look to recent times when the mhedia corralled the fans of others clubs to demand the authorities demote us from the top flight.

The mhedia don't care about prior precedents on this issue, such as Hibs, but going after us will be their main priority.

It should be a legal matter as of now, the governing bodies have proved that they are anything but trustworthy.

turrabear
02-05-2015, 00:36
once again a great statement from the rst. but what we need is the club to actually do something.

bertram
02-05-2015, 00:37
once again a great statement from the rst. but what we need is the club to actually do something.

I genuinely believe that they will.

uncle joe
First class statement

turrabear

we should take them to court and see who blinks first.

turrabear
02-05-2015, 00:40
I genuinely believe that they will.

it's is a big test for the new board and I hope that you are right mate . but I honestly can't see them doing anything other than put out a statement and that will be it.

superger
02-05-2015, 00:40
It should be a legal matter as of now, the governing bodies have proved that they are anything but trustworthy.

Mate, the Scottish football authorities have long been a proven corrupt joke but when has that ever stopped them from handing down massively disproportionate punishments on our club or players.....while the rest of Scottish football laps it up, especially the mhedia.

Torque87
02-05-2015, 00:48
BOOM! Headshot!

dt17
02-05-2015, 00:56

Motherwell are also backing this though, not as if we're in it alone.

Infinity
02-05-2015, 01:06
That statements is tremendous.

Well done RST.

George Goudie
02-05-2015, 01:37
This fat tongued tarrier hates Rangers supporters:

http://i4.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article1532993.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Stewart%20Regan

His hatred for our club should have been his undoing many many times - but we have never had Rangers men at the helm since he started on his wrecking campaign.

I hope Mr King and PM are ready to take him and his bheastly pals on. I really do.

turrabear
02-05-2015, 02:10

http://i4.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article1532993.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Stewart%20Regan

His hatred for our club should have been his undoing many many times - but we have never had Rangers men at the helm since he started on his wrecking campaign.

I hope Mr King and PM are ready to take him and his bheastly pals on. I really do.

what exactly do you think that king and murray will do . lets not forget that murray wants to build bridges with these c##ts.

btl456
02-05-2015, 04:00
great statement from the RST. once again double standards when it comes to rangers from the SPFL

Ronnie1958
02-05-2015, 06:14
£1 plus £4 booking fee for ST Holders and £2 plus £13 booking fee for non season ticket holders..

TheWhiteHackle
02-05-2015, 06:37
Excellent statement.

weetam3106
02-05-2015, 06:50
Nice statement. Wasn't there talk of both clubs having to agree on pricing? Does that apply to season ticket entry? Can't see how it would really.

The spfl are money grabbing duplicitous bastards.

I'm heart sick of football and all the agendas.

blu14evr
02-05-2015, 07:00
We need the club to not just come out with a statement, but to go on a full mhedia blitz to defend their corner now. A statement by itself is not enough as the taig mhedia will seek to spin and distort it to their own benefit. Rangers have to go in first and hit hard... And then keep on hitting.

bigkahunarab
02-05-2015, 07:03
Well said lads, we head to court.

calum7
02-05-2015, 07:18
This about so much more than money. If we let the SPFL away with this then we are going to be totally fecked over again & again.
Stand strong Rangers.

Westwood
02-05-2015, 07:41
That's why I joined the RST.

The Predator
02-05-2015, 08:07
Great statement

moffatwilson
02-05-2015, 08:19
This is a brilliant opportunity for the club to set their own prices, and at the same time indicate to the buffoons running this shambles, that the clubs will not be dictated to!!! Time the tail stopped wagging the dog!!!!

The Lone Sniper
02-05-2015, 08:30
Very good statement.

paisleyprod
02-05-2015, 09:01
Good statement. Boycott the game, don't feed the new wigs

pennyblack
02-05-2015, 09:02
open up the rangers fans fighting fund and take them to the court of session again.

pennyblack
02-05-2015, 09:04
One pence play offs - and then send them their 50% in coal bags.

mentalbox
02-05-2015, 09:12
I'd prefer the fans say we will instead donate all our match ticket fees directly to rfc - we will NOT accept this .

that way there is no comeback on the club and its political situation and more importantly the war is on with us , the fans , the public , and the spl .

Empowerment of the fans is the way .

jimbo.b
02-05-2015, 09:15
Have I got this right?

Bookings and red cards picked up in league games carry over to play off games as these are deemed to be league games

By the rules , my season ticket gets me in to all league games.

BUT, my season ticket won't get me into Play off games as these ain't League games.

Seems clear........

gourockblue50
02-05-2015, 09:15
This is a no contest, the SPFL clowns are not going to win this argument.

Hopefully they will try and take this on and when they lose it will be the end for them.

wattie1873
02-05-2015, 09:17
if it was the mhankies.........a letter of clarification would already be on it's way

daven37
02-05-2015, 09:19
Fine statement.

I can see a blackmail scenario. Somehow the football authorities will use this as blackmail - charge season ticket holders or DK fails fit and proper exam.

jimbo.b
02-05-2015, 09:27
Can't help but think that when this was all decided the prospect of Hibs being relegated was not ever considered, which is why they waived the rule and allowed Hibs, who had been very supportive of the sanctions on Rangers ( and Hearts) to do as they pleased.

davieb1973
02-05-2015, 10:02
Very good statement from the RST, penny a game sounds fair to me. The Rangers board must stick to their guns on this one, tell the spfl to do one.

jaws73
02-05-2015, 10:19
Fine statement.

I can see a blackmail scenario. Somehow the football authorities will use this as blackmail - charge season ticket holders or DK fails fit and proper exam.

The have previous for blackmail. This wouldn't surprise anyone.

dh1963
02-05-2015, 10:35
That's a statement.

Time for the board to copy and paste most of it and issue it on behalf of the club.

glasgowguy87
02-05-2015, 10:37
The have previous for blackmail. This wouldn't surprise anyone.

I would hope that any blackmail attempt this time is reported to the relevant authorities and that lawyers are on the case quickly.

dh1963
02-05-2015, 10:44
Good statement. Boycott the game, don't feed the new wigs

I can't agree with that. The team needs our support to get promoted, and promotion is vital for the regrowth of the club. Can only hope the club stand up against this agenda driven bullying and still go ahead with their stated intention.

glasgowguy87
02-05-2015, 10:46

This for me, charge the absolute minimum and there is feck all the SPFL can do about it.

boigblue
02-05-2015, 10:47
I would hope that any blackmail attempt this time is reported to the relevant authorities and that lawyers are on the case quickly.
RFFF?
After all it the fans being ripped off.

bluenose75
02-05-2015, 10:55
In terms of the specific rule there is nothing to say we cant charge 1p:

C26 A levy of 50% of the monies (gross excluding VAT) received or receivable by the
Home Club for all Play-Off Matches played in the Division One/Division Two PlayOff
Competition from all admission charges paid and payable to and for the
relevant Play-Off Match shall be paid by the Home Club to the Company within
seven days of the date on which each Play-Off Match is played.

and it seems up to the club to set the ticket price:

I26 The Home Club, in its absolute discretion, shall determine admission charges for
League Matches and Play-Off Matches.

Therefore if Rangers charge all fans 1p per game there is nothing they can do about it.

In addition, there has been precedent by SPFL teams letting supporters in for free and minimal amounts. Only issue is that you'd have to let away supporters in for same price:

I31 Except as provided in Rule I32, a Club which is the Home Club for a League Match
or a Play-Off Match is prohibited from charging higher admission prices to
accommodation designated for supporters of the Visiting Club than for broadly
comparable accommodation designated for use by supporters of the Home Club at
the same match.

I32 The prohibition in Rule I31 does not apply to any:-

I32.1 element of discount in the admission price per League Match integral in
the price of a Season ticket for all of the home League Matches of the relevant Club for the complete Season in which the relevant League Match
falls;

I32.2 concessionary admission prices for the relevant League Match or Play-Off
Match charged exclusively to persons who are senior citizens, children
and/or disabled and who qualify as such; and

I32.3 concessionary admission prices for the relevant League Match or Play-Off
Match charged to individuals comprised in groups of two or more persons,
at least one of whom must be less than sixteen years of age, for admission
together to a bona fide family enclosure exclusively used and designated
as such for the complete Season in which the relevant League Match falls
or the whole of the relevant Season immediately prior to which the PlayOff
Match is held.

So its over to you Mr Murray, the penny playoffs await

bluenose75
02-05-2015, 10:58
I would be happy with a membership scheme, free to ST holders, but minimal cost to non ST holders, which allows you to buy a ticket for the play offs, at 1p of course

bluenose75
02-05-2015, 10:59
IIRC most ST holders are already "members" aren't they?

Sam_English
02-05-2015, 11:01
Good statement from the RST.

We need to fight this every step of the way and show them up for the shower of corrupt bastards that they are.

calum7
02-05-2015, 11:06

I whole heartedly agree with this sentiment, it's just a bit too close to being Timmy like for me. :(

Hendrie
02-05-2015, 11:06
Good statement indeed, the hypocrisy throughout this debacle is astounding.

Having just read Ralph Toppings statement you really have to wonder if the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

1972 bear
02-05-2015, 11:17
Fantastic statement again from the RST.

Rangers really should tell the SPFL to do one and we'll see them in court but don't think Paul Murray is the type to do so.

glasgowguy87
02-05-2015, 11:19
Fantastic statement again from the RST.

Rangers really should tell the SPFL to do one and we'll see them in court but don't think Paul Murray is the type to do so.

It would be interesting to see if it does go to court. A sports lawyer was on TV last night saying that the SPFL would have a difficult time defending the rule.

jman2626
02-05-2015, 11:23
Great Statement
We should charge a 1p and fill the ground and calculate how much money they lost ha ha

robocop1690
02-05-2015, 11:23
what exactly do you think that king and murray will do . lets not forget that murray wants to build bridges with these c##ts.

Building bridges is exactly the same as the sectarian bill that was brought in its only if it phucks up Rangers/unionists and benefits the tarriers

wacaktb
02-05-2015, 11:24
Great statement

Deacon_Frost
02-05-2015, 11:25
Where is the like button:D

BigColWATP
02-05-2015, 11:29
Great statement and game on

charlesdexterward
02-05-2015, 11:31
Excellent statement

onedadoprso1
02-05-2015, 12:02
Outstanding statement. As usual.

gallowhillPROD
02-05-2015, 12:06
Smashing statement although needs to be followed up by the club in a similar manner.....Mr Murray and king the floor is yours.

barneybear
02-05-2015, 12:12

For what it's worth, here is my take on it.

DK is gonna soon to be considered by the corrupt board of the SPFL whether he is a fit and proper person to be running a football club.
1) He will be passed fit as the SPFL board ALL have elephants in their own cupboard regarding avoiding TAX.
However, the scum have such a grip on the SPFL that some pressure still needs to be exerted to ensure that he will be passed fit.

2) Rangers have no intention of allowing season ticket holders in for free or reduced prices.
However, by stating they are gonna do this, and finding the SPFL trying to stop this, a bit of a 'behind closed doors' diplomacy will be reached.

The Outcome.

DK will be passed a fit and proper person

Rangers will charge all ST holders as per the SPFL's flawed rules and be able to blame the SPFL.

ST holders never really thought beforehand that they might get tickets for free so have not really lost anything.

If this is the scenario, (and I hope it is, sorry ST holders) it will show we have people who are much more astute in dealing with the incompetent and downright disgraceful idiots of the SPFL they HAVE to deal with.

skip_1
02-05-2015, 12:34

DK is gonna soon to be considered by the corrupt board of the SPFL whether he is a fit and proper person to be running a football club.
1) He will be passed fit as the SPFL board ALL have elephants in their own cupboard regarding avoiding TAX.
However, the scum have such a grip on the SPFL that some pressure still needs to be exerted to ensure that he will be passed fit.

2) Rangers have no intention of allowing season ticket holders in for free or reduced prices.
However, by stating they are gonna do this, and finding the SPFL trying to stop this, a bit of a 'behind closed doors' diplomacy will be reached.

The Outcome.

Rangers will charge all ST holders as per the SPFL's flawed rules and be able to blame the SPFL.

ST holders never really thought beforehand that they might get tickets for free so have not really lost anything.

If this is the scenario, (and I hope it is, sorry ST holders) it will show we have people who are much more astute in dealing with the incompetent and downright disgraceful idiots of the SPFL they HAVE to deal with.

Maybe you are right, but I think not fighting this will be scoring an own goal with the fans who want to see the SPFL 'punished' after the way we have been treated.

bearrette
02-05-2015, 12:36

Paint his face white, slap on some lipstick, and you've got a dead ringer of the Joker............very, very apt !...............:eek:

MasterC
02-05-2015, 12:37

The Outcome.

So you think the board have lied to the fans by telling them they will get into the games free with no intention of that happening.

Rowley Birkin
02-05-2015, 12:41

1p per ticket.

im sure we could find a song to go along with it:D

Dumfriesbear
02-05-2015, 12:44
Good statement indeed, the hypocrisy throughout this debacle is astounding.

Having just read Ralph Toppings statement you really have to wonder if the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

This is a great statement. What did Topping say?

watp
no surrender

redstarrob
02-05-2015, 14:35
Charge everyone a minimal fee and **** the corrupt c--ts, this time a stand needs to be taken

slimjimbaxter
02-05-2015, 14:40
These idiots running the asylum are slowly but surely driving fans away from the game..

barneybear
02-05-2015, 14:47
So you think the board have lied to the fans by telling them they will get into the games free with no intention of that happening.

No! Not a lie! I think the Rangers board have quite cleverly put themselves into a win win situation, or at least put the SPFL idiots in a sticky situation.

If the SPFL back down they lose thousands of pounds and Rangers ST holders will have the bonus of not having to pay for the extra games.

If the SPFL don't back down {and remember a precedent has already been set} they could risk court action (but that would not be brilliant according to FIFA regs) but might have to accept that DK is a fit and proper person as they would have made themselves look foolish already.

How do you get the shaded {previous statements and photos on this thread into replies, if you understand?

mentalbox
02-05-2015, 18:16
doesnt stack at all imo BB

perthtrueger
02-05-2015, 18:53
The SPFL Are a disgrace and would not get away with this anywhere else, corrupt to the core

glasgowguy87
02-05-2015, 19:02
Raman Bhardwaj ‏@STVRaman 3m3 minutes ago
Re season ticket play-off row: in next 48 hrs, a few more top flight clubs will come out backing SPFL. Rangers, we believe, won't back down

Time to get the popcorn out. This could get interesting especially if Motherwell also stick to their guns and Hibs confirm they plan to allow their ST holders in for free.

okeydokey505
02-05-2015, 19:06
Re season ticket play-off row: in next 48 hrs, a few more top flight clubs will come out backing SPFL. Rangers, we believe, won't back down

Time to get the popcorn out. This could get interesting especially if Motherwell also stick to their guns and Hibs confirm they plan to allow their ST holders in for free.

I wonder who the "few more top flight clubs" will be :roll::roll:

mel1974
02-05-2015, 20:24
Money grabbing ba57ards !

bullen_an_la
02-05-2015, 21:24

I wonder if hibs and motherwell will stab us in the back.

jaws73
02-05-2015, 22:01
I wonder who the "few more top flight clubs" will be :roll::roll:

Those that are tarrier puppets or skint. Just about covers the lot I would say.

Ibrox1984
02-05-2015, 22:10
Over to you Murray.

cambridgeblue
02-05-2015, 23:33
It's fork all money per club anyway. ��

cw3038
02-05-2015, 23:39
Strong statement,the board must not capitulate.

britain
03-05-2015, 00:30
Great statement and I am all for the 1p admission price.