PDA

View Full Version : Next season starts on 25 July.

carino
30-04-2015, 13:10
Scotland's new football season will start on 25 July with the first round of the Petrofac Training Cup, with the Premiership beginning the following weekend.

BBC (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32535747?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

davieloyal
30-04-2015, 13:23
hopefully the spl for us.

scotty2hotty
30-04-2015, 13:49
I'll copy and paste it for you. Fs

Scottish football season to start on 25 July with Petrofac Training Cup

Scotland's new football season will start on 25 July with the first round of the Petrofac Training Cup, with the Premiership beginning the following weekend.
The top-flight's opening round of fixtures will coincide with the first round of the League Cup.
Scottish Championship, League One and League Two clubs will begin their league campaigns on 8 August.
The fixture lists for the league season are expected to be announced in June.
Either one or two Scottish League Cup first-round matches scheduled for the weekend of Saturday 1 August might be moved because of the involvement of a Premiership club starting their top-flight campaign at the same time.

Stirling Bear
30-04-2015, 13:54
I'll copy and paste it for you. Fs

Scottish football season to start on 25 July with Petrofac Training Cup

The top-flight's opening round of fixtures will coincide with the first round of the League Cup.
Scottish Championship, League One and League Two clubs will begin their league campaigns on 8 August.
The fixture lists for the league season are expected to be announced in June.
Either one or two Scottish League Cup first-round matches scheduled for the weekend of Saturday 1 August might be moved because of the involvement of a Premiership club starting their top-flight campaign at the same time.

take it the scum are allowed to start a week later again for some money making friendly pre-season tourney. where is the sporting integrity?

rangeral
30-04-2015, 14:35
take it the scum are allowed to start a week later again for some money making friendly pre-season tourney. where is the sporting integrity?

No regardless of the league we are in along with Hearts, Hibs and QoSouth will enter at the LC 1st round so Hearts will playing Premiership football on 1st August at least

Ballymena_Loyal
30-04-2015, 15:33
Please let us be starting in the Premier league next season.

Ballymena_Loyal
30-04-2015, 15:34
No regardless of the league we are in along with Hearts, Hibs and QoSouth will enter at the LC 1st round so Hearts will playing Premiership football on 1st August at least

Off topic a bit, but if we do get promoted then what round will we enter the Scottish Cup?

suramericaranger
30-04-2015, 15:34
Mentions of The Challenge Cup fill me with absolute embarrassment and anger at the lazy bastards that managed us for the past few years. Another reason that we need to get promoted!

Ballymena_Loyal
30-04-2015, 15:38
Mentions of The Challenge Cup fill me with absolute embarrassment and anger at the lazy bastards that managed us for the past few years. Another reason that we need to get promoted!

While we were down in the lower leagues the last few years I would like to have won it, just to say that it was won.

Now however as you say it just fills me with embarrassing that we may well be competing for this trophy again next year. If we stay down its just a pity that we cant pull out of that competition. An absolute waste of time now. If we stay down this year we must forget about cups and focus solely on getting promoted

rangeral
30-04-2015, 15:49
Off topic a bit, but if we do get promoted then what round will we enter the Scottish Cup?

Promoted or not 4th round mate

Ballymena_Loyal
30-04-2015, 16:00
Promoted or not 4th round mate

Cheers mate. That's the round just before it starts proper with the premiership teams isn't it?

napsburybear
30-04-2015, 16:05
While we were down in the lower leagues the last few years I would like to have won it, just to say that it was won.

Now however as you say it just fills me with embarrassing that we may well be competing for this trophy again next year. If we stay down its just a pity that we cant pull out of that competition. An absolute waste of time now. If we stay down this year we must forget about cups and focus solely on getting promoted

Stick the youth team in it.

rangeral
30-04-2015, 16:05
Cheers mate. That's the round just before it starts proper with the premiership teams isn't it?

No that includea the Premiership sides

53easy
30-04-2015, 16:06
The filth starting the season with two homes games as per usual?

Daddy_Bear07
30-04-2015, 16:08
So the Premiership starts on August 1st.

There will be two clubs starting in Europe on July 2nd that's a full month before the league season starts. They really don't try and help do they. This isn't going to change anytime soon so you would think they would start the season a few weeks earlier to try and give there teams a better chance to start winning games in Europe and upping the co-eff.