PDA

View Full Version : The "nailed to the floor" quote.

samsung1872
28-04-2015, 17:59
If my memory serves me correctly this quote was made by Liewell during a meeting with their supporters clubs in Ireland, and the minutes of this meeting were published on a thread on FF. Is that right, and does anyone have a link to the thread in question?

blu14evr
28-04-2015, 18:11
Sexpest warmonger, wasnt it?

gourockblue50
28-04-2015, 18:12
This is the impartial guy running the corrupt SFA/SPFL.

govanx
28-04-2015, 18:19
I'm sure the fat knt has said it in private more than once, but he's not stupid enough to say it in a room full of slabbering bheasts, as he knows it would be all over the Internet in a flash. Think it's "hearsay".

Davyfaethenavy
28-04-2015, 18:22
I think it was said at a meeting with ceptic supporters clubs in which there was no press but some ceptic website put the full minutes on twitter.

samsung1872
28-04-2015, 18:29
I think it was said at a meeting with ceptic supporters clubs in which there was no press but some ceptic website put the full minutes on twitter.

That is my recollection as well. Liewell and TLB did a begging tour meeting the unwashed to try and boost their season ticket sales after we were put in the third division.

el jock grande sabía
28-04-2015, 18:39
Wasn't it Reid that said it at 1 of these meetings?

Exiled_Bluenose
28-04-2015, 19:02
Their meetings are always centred around us.

Easiest way to deflect from their own lack of progress with zero competition? Talk about Rangers.

Braesbear22
28-04-2015, 19:27
Suspect they knew what was coming

InsanicDrunk
28-04-2015, 19:37
I'm sure it was Reid, but it could have been jap boy.

No matter the kudos Liewell gets, I don't think he is as good as people think, it is more to do with the sexpest.

Remember Liewell was at the beggars before, possibly in 9iar era, and failed, though wasn;t CE but didn't have the sexpest to help.

ekbear
28-04-2015, 19:57
It was Reid I'm sure that said it the summer before Whyte took over.

It was a tarrier roadshow if I remember rightly where Lennon also told the unwashed in attendance that he was going to be anti establishment and get in the referees faces etc. The following season we had the refs go on strike.

Guffer
28-04-2015, 20:11
What was the quote?

superger
28-04-2015, 20:47
I'm sure it was Reid, but it could have been jap boy.

No matter the kudos Liewell gets, I don't think he is as good as people think, it is more to do with the sexpest.

Remember Liewell was at the beggars before, possibly in 9iar era, and failed, though wasn;t CE but didn't have the sexpest to help.

Its a myth that Liewell is some mystical Svengali who has magical powers over Scottish football and the mhedia.

The reality is that ALL Shellik minded types, either in a position of influence in the game or in the mhedia, will put the boot into Rangers at any given opportunity.

Liewell has the easiest gig in Scottish football when they do his work on his behalf.

Its also worth remembering that both Liewell and Lemmon were both on the brink of being sacked if the Mhankies lost a crucial game New Year's Day game at Ibrox a few seasons back.....a match that we fooked up big time and lost 0-2.

alwaysfirst
28-04-2015, 20:56
Its a myth that Liewell is some mystical Svengali who has magical powers over Scottish football and the mhedia.

The reality is that ALL Shellik minded types, either in a position of influence in the game or in the mhedia, will put the boot into Rangers at any given opportunity.

Liewell has the easiest gig in Scottish football when they do his work on his behalf.

Its also worth remembering that both Liewell and Lemmon were both on the brink of being sacked if the Mhankies lost a crucial game New Year's Day game at Ibrox a few seasons back.....a match that we fooked up big time and lost 0-2.

So, so true. Do you think Tim journalists go easy on Celtic because they're afraid ?. No, it's because there is a fundamental difference between us and them . We support a club, they support a cause. We are football fans, they are behind Celtic because Celtic protection Catholicism against the establishment. We laugh at them, but they believe it.

annanberr06
28-04-2015, 21:00
It was Reid I'm sure that said it the summer before Whyte took over.

It was a tarrier roadshow if I remember rightly where Lennon also told the unwashed in attendance that he was going to be anti establishment and get in the referees faces etc. The following season we had the refs go on strike.

Think that's when they said "Bringing back the thunder?"

superger
28-04-2015, 21:09
So, so true. Do you think Tim journalists go easy on Celtic because they're afraid ?. No, it's because there is a fundamental difference between us and them . We support a club, they support a cause. We are football fans, they are behind Celtic because Celtic protection Catholicism against the establishment. We laugh at them, but they believe it.

The Mhankies also vowed to " get in refs faces ", ie, harass and intimidate officials until they bent the knee.....and that's exactly what they did, causing a ref strike along the way.

Their placemen at the SFA and in the mhedia predictably didn't condemn their vile behaviour against refs either.

The Mhankies should have been thrown out of Scottish football there and then for good, any other club would have faced that punishment.

Purplestar
28-04-2015, 22:56
I thought it was the sexpest that said it. I remember him on tv saying that all he wanted was for them to be treated the same as every other club in Scotland as he felt they were being treated differently.

Well they is no argument about them being treated differently now.

clashcityrocker
29-04-2015, 01:51
As i recall, it was attributed to Reid, season before Whyte. Wasn't it around the same time he was talking about the "dossier that would blow Scottish football wide open?"

Zim Pusan
29-04-2015, 02:22
IIRC it was the Sexpest at a tarrier AGM after tarriers complained about getting beaten to the league title again by the people. Not verbatim but along the lines of "Don't worry about them,soon they will be nailed to the floorboards". It was posted on here and questions were asked if D Murray had said the same about them what would our mhedia would have made of it. During Walters second spell.

Will stand corrected.

tazzabear
29-04-2015, 06:06
Wasn't it Reid that said it at 1 of these meetings?

My first thoughts here was that it was Reid who said this.

Daddy_Bear07
29-04-2015, 06:14
As i recall, it was attributed to Reid, season before Whyte. Wasn't it around the same time he was talking about the "dossier that would blow Scottish football wide open?"

Change dossier to plan.

And two things about his quote , how could another club nail another to the floor? They can only look after themselves. Unless that is they have influence over the other club. And who was "we", Celtc? Or a group of people?

And are we also meant to believe that Reid was giving Nostradamus a run for his money in 2010? Or was it more likely he was in the know?

cw3038
29-04-2015, 07:02
Reid definitely in my mind for that spout of pish.

teddybear6
29-04-2015, 07:27
I always thought it as being liewell

biggee
29-04-2015, 09:09
I'm sure the fat knt has said it in private more than once, but he's not stupid enough to say it in a room full of slabbering bheasts, as he knows it would be all over the Internet in a flash. Think it's "hearsay".

He did and it was, I think it was said in Glasgow at one of the rabble rousing meetings he and Lennon were having at the time ' bring back the thunder, go to war ' etc. There were plenty who heard it by all accounts but as i recall it was not minuted.

Mulguy1953
29-04-2015, 09:22
He did and it was, I think it was said in Glasgow at one of the rabble rousing meetings he and Lennon were having at the time ' bring back the thunder, go to war ' etc. There were plenty who heard it by all accounts but as i recall it was not minuted.

It might not have been minuted but surely there is T.V. footage of it somewhere i remember seeing it.
Would love that prick to explain himself but sadly cannot see it happening

Torque87
29-04-2015, 09:29
They are a horrible club, with horrible directors, with horrible players, supported by horrible low life. They have no class or dignity and are more obssessed with holding us back than they are about progressing themselves. That is a classic inferiority complex and whilst currently, we are down, we won't always be and that terrifies them.

chateaubleu
29-04-2015, 09:30
Change dossier to plan.

And two things about his quote , how could another club nail another to the floor? They can only look after themselves. Unless that is they have influence over the other club. And who was "we", Celtc? Or a group of people?

And are we also meant to believe that Reid was giving Nostradamus a run for his money in 2010? Or was it more likely he was in the know?

There are a few on here who believe he was absolutely responsible for our downfall, given his contacts in banking and politics. Myself included.

Perhaps one day it won't all be dismissed as tinfoil hat material.

supergers07
29-04-2015, 09:41
The quote was by John Reid.

samsung1872
29-04-2015, 09:42
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks-ignore/peter-lawwell-to-meet-fans-with-neil-lennon-1.1029568

Still think it was Liewell who said it in 2012 at one of the roadshows mentioned in this link.

Daddy_Bear07
29-04-2015, 09:51
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks-ignore/peter-lawwell-to-meet-fans-with-neil-lennon-1.1029568

Still think it was Liewell who said it in 2012 at one of the roadshows mentioned in this link.

It was said before Whyte turned up on our doorstep. Around 2010.

It was the same time he claimed " Celtc and its supporters will no longer be second class citizens". And his "blow Scottish football apart " quotes.

You used to be able to just type the quote into Google and you got a link, it now seems to have been removed under that new act that came out. Strange that.

scooby
29-04-2015, 09:57
It was John Reid, and it was one of the fans meetings that it was said.

I think some one attending put it on twitter, but I am not 100% certain that is how it became common knowledge.

I am also of the opinion that Reid used his political clout to try and destroy our club. He certainly was instrumental in the redevelopment in the piggery, but it is very hard to get any evidence when everyone who is involved is pulling in the same direction.

The politicians cover the medias back, The media cover the politicians back, and they all combine to cover Celtics back.

samsung1872
29-04-2015, 10:19
It was said before Whyte turned up on our doorstep. Around 2010.

It was the same time he claimed " Celtc and its supporters will no longer be second class citizens". And his "blow Scottish football apart " quotes.

You used to be able to just type the quote into Google and you got a link, it now seems to have been removed under that new act that came out. Strange that.

Been trying Google searches but as you say a lot of stuff concerning them seems to disappear under data protection law. Was it really that long ago? My mind must be playing tricks with me.

unionjock2
29-04-2015, 10:37
There are a few on here who believe he was absolutely responsible for our downfall, given his contacts in banking and politics. Myself included.

Perhaps one day it won't all be dismissed as tinfoil hat material.

Did he not mention something when he came out with his " holy willies across the city" statement that we would be exposed for some kind of wrong doing?

turrabear
29-04-2015, 10:59
it was john reid who said it . it was at some begging bowl meeting to get them to buy season tickets.

speedmeister
29-04-2015, 11:39
Was John Reid not attributed to something about, " not being at the back of the bus for any longer?"... was this possibly around the same time as they were trying to get the beggars to part with their hard earned giros?

sirdrinksalot
29-04-2015, 11:48
Reid was absolutely despised by a large number of the mhank hordes, so he would have said quite a number of things to try and get them on side.

HMS.Temple.Garden
29-04-2015, 11:57
when I read the quote on here it was stated Lawell had said it in his local pub.

chateaubleu
29-04-2015, 12:01
Did he not mention something when he came out with his " holy willies across the city" statement that we would be exposed for some kind of wrong doing?

The "holy willies across the city" was something Reid said at an AGM - but I'm not sure what the context was.

buster
29-04-2015, 12:16
Don't know about the quote but IIRC the Lawwell and Lennon roadshow didn't allow journalists in and specifically mentioned taking the SFA on at the first opportunity rather than being 'passive' / following the governing body line.

It arose from what Clarification FC believed to be a series of bad decisions from officials that had 'robbed' them of the title ! They sent a letter (including a video) to the SFA to that effect during the previous season.

If you look deeper, you'll see a sharp decrease (approx 20%) in their average attendences during that season. This was a huge drop (approx 12,000 per match) and would have probably been the most troubling trend for the Celtic board.

It looks very like that they decided to go with Lennon as manager because he was the type of rabble rouser who the fans could raise their pitchforks with, become militant and create a siege mentality.

They pushed this more 'militant in the face of injustice' line during these roadshows and Lawwell went to give weight to supporters perceptions.

The penalty claim incident at Tannadice was were they got hold of their 'opportunity' and pushed. Their support came together as per 'siege mentality'.

Wrote a thread at the time, will look it up.

buster
29-04-2015, 12:31
This is what I wrote at the time........

The real reason behind the Clarification FC campaign of confrontation !
http://forum.*****************/showthread.php?t=768277

IMO the premeditated campaign of getting into the face of officials on the park and the SFA off the park wasn´t the manager´s decision but one taken by the Heid Yins.

There was one simple but very worrying stat that developed during the 2009/10 season.
2008/09 had seen an average SPL attendence at Parkhead of 57,671, this figure had been fairly consistent during the lifetime of the new stadium.

Now picture the scene of Reid, Lawwell and possibly Desmond when the average plummeted to 45,582 (2009/10).
This represented a huge fall in revenue and worse was the prospect of the tendency continuing.

IMO the club decided that to get the support back onside they would have to create a seige mentality, they knew this would appeal to the mindset of their support.

They appointed Lennon as manager or already had him in charge as caretaker boss, the perfect vehicle for this campaign.

They sent Lennon and Lawwell out to supporters clubs during last summer to "communicate" amongst other things that the club would "get in the face of officials" and basically wouldn´t settle for the "injustices" against their club.

The ground had been prepared, we all know what has happened since, with it culminating in the biggest celebration of 2nd place that Glasgow has ever seen.

I have a feeling that John Reid would have privately been celebrating for different reasons, that his/his clubs idea had worked so well.
You have to give him his due, it´s quite something he has managed to pull off and it also illustrates how much you can get away with when you have a generally complicit media.