PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Football - like a drugs overdose

Bearsden Bear
26-04-2015, 01:49
I liken the current state of Scottish football, to someone who has taken a drugs overdose, and lapses into a coma.

It remains to be seen whether they can emerge from this coma, and if so, will they ever be the same again, or just a shadow of their former selves?

Right now this patient is still in the coma, and we shall know over the next few weeks, whether the stupid action taken three years ago did ultimately result in suicide.

Right now, I would say that there are only faint signs of the patient recovering, and even if they do, they will never be the same again.

That's what happens when you play dangerous games.

Bearsden Bear
26-04-2015, 01:50
RANGERS will survive, but whether the environment in which we currently operate survives, is an entirely different matter.

ChicagoBear
26-04-2015, 01:51
No matter whats happened in the past unless the governing bodies in this country rid themselves of the idiots running the game then we'd be as well switching the lights out.

The key to Scottish footballs recovery is not having us in the top division next year. Its getting Doncaster and Regan out of their positions of power.

Bearsden Bear
26-04-2015, 02:38
No matter whats happened in the past unless the governing bodies in this country rid themselves of the idiots running the game then we'd be as well switching the lights out.

The key to Scottish footballs recovery is not having us in the top division next year. Its getting Doncaster and Regan out of their positions of power.

I believe it actually needs both. Anthony McGlennan has to be replaced by someone honest and competent as well.

texas ranger
26-04-2015, 03:19
I've been away from the country for over a generation and while I still have a blind mentality toward Rangers, I think I have a far more objective opinion of Scotland and Scottish football in general now I can view it from outside the fishbowl. The more I try and rationalize both, the more I realize what a bigoted little back hole that the country is and what a shambles we have allowed our national sport to become.

SM
26-04-2015, 03:44
You can't compare Scottish football to drugs. Drugs are highly enjoyable and make you feel great.

Gagga
26-04-2015, 03:51
I've been away from the country for over a generation and while I still have a blind mentality toward Rangers, I think I have a far more objective opinion of Scotland and Scottish football in general now I can view it from outside the fishbowl. The more I try and rationalize both, the more I realize what a bigoted little back hole that the country is and what a shambles we have allowed our national sport to become.

This, 100 times over.

I'd rather watch the MLS than a Scottish game not including Rangers.

Dorian Blue
26-04-2015, 03:59
We could write a letter to clarify the drugs position.

dylanholly
26-04-2015, 04:16

I don't accept that WE have allowed it to happen. We have been castigated into the wilderness due to the now disproven cheating rubbish. The authorities in Scotland have been infiltrated during this time when we as a Club and fanbase were on our knees in the darkness with no voice to be heard and no representatives. Who would listen anyway when the baying lynch mob were still foaming at the mouth?

I still hope that once rival fans realise that they were manipulated into baying for our blood through many media outlets and spearheaded by one poisonous vindictive Club, many questions will start to get asked about the state Scottish Football is in. This I think will lead to the opening up of pandora's box.

We have been asking questions for 4 years with not one decent journalist willing to do the honourable thing and investigate the who, when, where and why's.

I remember someone on Follow Follow saying that he was keeping a very close eye on Stewart Reagan from the day of his appointment and felt something stank there and then. How he is still in a job is due to protection from one club and media.

Virgil Hilts
26-04-2015, 05:02
This, 100 times over.

I'd rather watch the MLS than a Scottish game not including Rangers.

Have to say i'm still much more interested in the Rangers than any MLS side, however im far more interested in MLS as a league than the SPL. Its just better on every level both on and off the pitch

steniebear
26-04-2015, 06:24
It's like everything else in this country. The Tims have taken over by firstly getting one of their own on board. Eventually, every new appointment is one of them until they run the whole bloody thing. They have done this in football politics and business. Once in there, blind hatred seeps through and eventually destroys the thing they were desperate to own or run.