PDA

View Full Version : Could Mr King have this conversation?

martinm112
08-03-2015, 13:53
I'm dead against managers being told who to pick, however, could Mr King maybe pull Kenny McDowell aside and insist we play maybe 6 of the youths in our remaining games?

Obviously we are rebuilding from this minute on, that would give our future coach a chance to have a look at these lads in a game situation, but would have the added benefit of maybe injecting some enthusiasm into the team.

Our fans would also be far more forgiving of mistake, missed chances, poor passes etc with the young guys as opposed to the shower of charlatans currently picking up their appearance bonuses.

I am sure we will have bumper crowds for the next couple of games, but if McDowell continues to pick the same players for the remainder of the season there will be absolutely no benefit to the team going forward, and I genuinely fear many fans will stay away until next season when there hopefully should be real change.

devilman
08-03-2015, 14:04
Personally I think we should just sack him.

schmohawk
08-03-2015, 14:10
Are we really going to start with the Mr king stuff now ?

Jimmy Henderson
08-03-2015, 14:10

No oe would disagree I'm afraid. Under performer and achiever.

bigkahunarab
08-03-2015, 14:12

Some folk love the fawning subservience....

We never bow and scrape to another owner. Never.

We wish him well, we need him to succeed but the crawling stuff needs booted into touch.

The Advocate
08-03-2015, 14:13
Please just go Kenny.

Malcolm Tucker
08-03-2015, 14:14

Totally agree mate, you would have thought we would have learned our lesson.

defender61
08-03-2015, 14:17
Dave King will be MR in 3 years time when we look back and see he has been true to his word, for now he is a wealthy bear that has stepped up to the plate and most are fully behind him for a long haul

BroomloanWATP
08-03-2015, 14:19

Agreed. We must realise that the board, any board, answers to us and not the other way around. Respect must be given, yes, but that's a two way street.

Deacon_Frost
08-03-2015, 14:26
Yep the Mr King stuff is a joke,

The guy has to prove himself and were all behind him but lets not start fawing over people like we did with googley eyes and big hands.

InsanicDrunk
08-03-2015, 14:28
No he shouldnt. He may makr suggestions that there is a route for youngsters to 1st team but can't tell him who to select.

He needs to move him out the position if he is unhappy.

BC52
08-03-2015, 14:37
Ridiculous idea and setting a very dangerous precedent.

He should simply be sacked or put on gardening leave and a temp coach, who isn't working such as McCall brought in and hopefully it gets a reaction.

s_mac
08-03-2015, 14:40
he should pull him aside and tell him to fck off with immediate effect.

storyoftheblues
08-03-2015, 14:46
Dave, just call him Dave.

tom_horn
08-03-2015, 15:00
no he shouldn't, he doesn't see the players in training and what they are capable of, whereas Mr Clipboard does, each day

tongueincheekloyal:D

martinm112
08-03-2015, 15:03
Ffs only on followfollow can a thread turn into a debate about the salutation given to someone:p

My main concern is that we all had a feel good feeling on Friday, come Saturday the team and management brought us back down to earth with a clatter. Something NEEDS to be done pronto, not even with regard to promotion, but to start moving forward.

I totally agree McDowall should be asked to leave with immediate effect, but also think that more than a few of the players who are going to be out of contract at the end of the season should never pull on our blue jersey again. The fans need something to keep us going until the end of the season, as just IMO, sure we'll have huge crowds for the next couple of games, but if nothing changes, whether that be team selection or management, by the end of the season we'll be back to small crowds with nothing to cheer.

bob1873
08-03-2015, 15:26

Yes it's got to that in my view.

halfaperson
08-03-2015, 15:29
Yep the Mr King stuff is a joke,

The guy has to prove himself and were all behind him but lets not start fawing over people like we did with googley eyes and big hands.

Absolutely right. No more deference