PDA

View Full Version : Is there room at Ibrox for Sarver ?

Auckland Ranger
06-03-2015, 22:44
Should King & Co. be asking to see the colour of his money ?

From a personal point of view I was glad when he was sent packing.

But now that we have proper Rangers men calling the shots it would be interesting to see what he has to say for himself.

We're going to need as many wealthy people as possible pulling in the one direction along with the fans to get Rangers back.

I think this is a distinct possibility.

Virgil Hilts
06-03-2015, 22:46
If he's okay with a minority interest his money could be welcome

I think he's after full ownership of a club though, so I dont see it happening. Things might change when were back enjoying the CL music though

MoodyBlue1872
06-03-2015, 22:46
I'd like to think so.

The guy's business acumen, wealth and expertise in running a successful sports club would be very valuable to us.

Bringbackgattuso
06-03-2015, 22:50
King mentioned "the American" today in the press conference.

NewAmsterdamLive
06-03-2015, 22:51
If he's happy with a minority interest, say no more than 15%.

No one man should ever control this club again.

superrangers
06-03-2015, 22:51
I'd like to think so.

The guy's business acumen, wealth and expertise in running a successful sports club would be very valuable to us.

I'm not a fan of the NBA but I remember a couple on here slating him, saying his team were not competitive.

Auckland Ranger
06-03-2015, 22:53

Did he ?

So much going on I must have missed it.

It's only right that we explore every avenue to get money into the club and Sarver's certainly not short in that department.

He's obviously a shrewd cookie into the bargain.

Lone Star
06-03-2015, 22:55
At this stage there is no way we should be letting any individual purchase a significant shareholding unless we are 100% sure that they are completely bona fide fans from childhood, with Rangers interests at heart. Sarver doesn't qualify.

making_a_stand
06-03-2015, 22:57

When Sarver was mentioned Jim Gilligan was shaking his head and saying no

MoodyBlue1872
06-03-2015, 22:59
I'm not a fan of the NBA but I remember a couple on here slating him, saying his team were not competitive.

The fact that he owns a team in the NBA is massive in itself. That's no mean feat and the guy has numerous contacts.

CambridgeBear
06-03-2015, 23:02
Like King said today they are not in it for money. The returns are very modest over a very long term.
The only reason to invest in a fitba club is if you're a fan.
Don't see anything in it for the Yank.

Bringbackgattuso
06-03-2015, 23:03
When Sarver was mentioned Jim Gilligan was shaking his head and saying no

What I gathered from Gilligan's resoonse was that he didn't want to feed the media. King brought him up, even after Gilligan's first "no". Maybe I read it wrong, but my take on it is that Sarver has probably already bern in touch with King.

387RFC
06-03-2015, 23:06
Was told Sarver was very interested as long as Easedale was not involved

MMCGILVRAY
06-03-2015, 23:06
Every investment opportunity should be explored.

Wamphray Loyal
06-03-2015, 23:16
Dave King mentioned the American in his speech,I wasn't sure if he was mocking the wigs or actually meaning he had had contact with Sarver.

Bknowe
06-03-2015, 23:38
I don't think any Rangers fan would be against him investing but that's all he'd be doing.

He won't own the club and after today a non Rangers fan won't own the club for some considerable time. I would have accepted him taking over at Xmas when he made contact if it meant getting rid of Ashley there and then in terms of his shareholding and leaving only the retail contracts to be sorted out. The board sat on the offer and didn't make it public until King & T3Bs bought their shares.

storyoftheblues
06-03-2015, 23:45
I want RFC owned by Bears who care.
What would Sarver want by owning RFC?
Is he a bear that would care?
If he didn't control more than 51% would he be interested in investing? If so why?

Mez
07-03-2015, 00:24

A few years ago the Suns were terrible, but this year they're on the cusp of qualifying for the playoffs in the western conference, which is a considerably more difficult bracket to qualify for than the eastern.

Though reading NBA stuff over the last few months, there's a running joke amongst all fans about Sarver being a skinflint.

sonowilliam2
07-03-2015, 00:28
I would love to see such a wealthy chap come on board,not as our leader ( as he wouldn't have a f*kin clue ) but as an investor.

:D

devilman
07-03-2015, 01:25
The problem is he seemed to want control - he isn't even welcome to try. This is nothing more than what the fat **** Ashley wants. No person deserves control and I am not sure he want to invest.

If he wants to put money in for shares and offer his wisdom, connections also then fair enough. Bring it. He gets an interest in the European football club he mentioned. We get a man who has active sports interests in the USA. Can't really be bad.

So, for the right kind of agreement. Welcome aboard. Want to take control then keep strolling by. Wonder if AJ can put us in touch with some real people in the USA who might want to get involved - it's a market we should be reaching out to.

doc holliday
07-03-2015, 01:29
Of course .

I am sure we will see others willing to invest...but they will not control.

Ibrox75
07-03-2015, 05:08

I think he's after full ownership of a club though, so I dont see it happening. Things might change when were back enjoying the CL music though

Nail on head.
Sarver wants to own a club in it's entirety he would want the full kit and caboodle.
King is wanting someone to invest in the club but not to hand over all control

Ibrox75
07-03-2015, 05:14

double post

Michael Mols
07-03-2015, 05:47
His money would be nice :D Don't see what would be in it for him.

ramie govan f
07-03-2015, 06:24
His money would be nice :D Don't see what would be in it for him.
I don't think he Would be in it for the money the guy is loaded ,hopefully David Robertson
Has made it clear what our football club is all about .I Hope he Can watch the game on Tuesday somehow then he Would see just how big we are .

teddybear6
07-03-2015, 07:45
We shouldnt be mentioning anyone getting to the mhedia at the moment.....tell them as little as possible....

wee mollie
07-03-2015, 08:16
What I gathered from Gilligan's resoonse was that he didn't want to feed the media. King brought him up, even after Gilligan's first "no". Maybe I read it wrong, but my take on it is that Sarver has probably already bern in touch with King.

Thats exactly what my take on it was.

Arch999
07-03-2015, 08:22
Thats exactly what my take on it was.
Yep. Gilligan was asked a question along the lines of whether there would be any outside investment and said no. King then said that the American had been in touch. He then said that everything has been on hold until they got control.