PDA

View Full Version : the mhedia better get their last few kicks in

pennyblack
23-02-2015, 20:58
because if we get our club back into correct hands, the fightback and legal action we should take against them should be of cluster f%^& proportions.

the ban list should be good.

maidencity
23-02-2015, 21:14
will never happen mate. Generally those who run football clubs dont give a toss about the rank and file support unless they need something

pennyblack
23-02-2015, 21:18
will never happen mate. Generally those who run football clubs dont give a toss about the rank and file support unless they need something

What is different though is that the support now a large shareholding, which is only going to get bigger over time.
nearly 5% now within 12 months with the continuous subs, we could be looking at 10% and then 20% within 24 -36 months

This substantial shareholding means that the rank and file have a large say in the direction the club should take for these matters, and if the supporters want to dish out bans for certain mhedia clowns, then they will have to be listened too by the directors of the club.

I think this is what is scaring the mhedia - the most successful club in scotland directed by its supporters, and there are alot of bears ready to take them on.

alwaysfirst
23-02-2015, 21:22
It is difficult to argue against FB and NPOR. Be clever re the Tim's and their songs, but we will never be able to get it back. The fight should have been 10 years ago.

ibroxbound
23-02-2015, 21:25
What is different though is that the support now a large shareholding, which is only going to get bigger over time.
nearly 5% now within 12 months with the continuous subs, we could be looking at 10% and then 20% within 24 -36 months

This substantial shareholding means that the rank and file have a large say in the direction the club should take for these matters, and if the supporters want to dish out bans for certain mhedia clowns, then they will have to be listened too by the directors of the club.

I think this is what is scaring the mhedia - the most successful club in scotland directed by its supporters, and there are alot of bears ready to take them on.

Sorry mate but you're grasping at straws there.The club will be run by the directors,as it is now.They may listen to the fan voice but generally will make their own decisions.

pennyblack
23-02-2015, 21:25
It is difficult to argue against FB and NPOR. Be clever re the Tim's and their songs, but we will never be able to get it back. The fight should have been 10 years ago.

the argument is simple. if as a journalist you cant be seen to be balanced, then dont bother turning up at Ibrox.

No one is arguing we have dodge songs, but if the mhedia choose to ignore the rhats song sheets and banners, and no one in the mhedia has the balls to say anything then they are not welcome at Ibrox.

pennyblack
23-02-2015, 21:27
Sorry mate but you're grasping at straws there.The club will be run by the directors,as it is now.They may listen to the fan voice but generally will make their own decisions.

I think you are missing the point entirely. A 20% shareholding in company is pretty much the directorate. This should be the ultimate target for RF and BR and with finances already at a holding of neary 5%, 20% is not far off.

These are continuous subscription schemes. That means that every month around 200k of shares in the club are bought - in 12 months thats 2.4m shares.

Every year we could take on 3% of the club back to the fans.

derbybear
Don't remember King or the 3 Bears saying the first thing their going to do is kick Speirs in the Alan McGraws!

superally54

That's what excites me about the fan ownership schemes, if we continue to back them in huge numbers then the Rangers board will have to listen to us.

springburn bear
23-02-2015, 21:40
Speirs was barred from DK's press conference

JAXBEAR
23-02-2015, 21:48
Don't remember King or the 3 Bears saying the first thing their going to do is kick Speirs in the Alan McGraws!

Leave old Allan out of it you he was one of my fav players.Old Bassa Loyal LOL

FGAU
JAXBEAR

bullen_an_la
23-02-2015, 22:00
bt sport described the singing of pro-ira songs as a "fantastic atmosphere".

CathkinHi
23-02-2015, 22:20
The bottom line is DK, the Three Bears et al will not stand behind fans who are singing songs that are prescribed as illegal by Scots Law, by the SFA, by SPFL and by UEFA.

The BB and NPoR must be binned once and for all, then it will be easy for the New Board to make a defence against the relentless onslaught from mhedia and all other vultures.

s_mac
23-02-2015, 22:23
because if we get our club back into correct hands, the fightback and legal action we should take against them should be of cluster f%^& proportions.

the ban list should be good.

if you don't believe that the requisitioners are in tight with a particular glasgow redtop then you're very naive my friend.

barryhopez
23-02-2015, 22:27
The bottom line is DK, the Three Bears et al will not stand behind fans who are singing songs that are prescribed as illegal by Scots Law, by the SFA, by SPFL and by UEFA.

This is accurate. Not sure why anyone can argue/debate otherwise.

am proud 2 b blue
23-02-2015, 22:27
As that bloke in "counting cars" says;

"Amen Brother"

coplandfrontier
23-02-2015, 22:29
Box clever !

jimbear
23-02-2015, 22:46

The BB and NPoR must be binned once and for all, then it will be easy for the New Board to make a defence against the relentless onslaught from mhedia and all other vultures.

The most sensible post I've read regarding this particular issue.

giantchelsea
23-02-2015, 22:50
Some people are going to be very disappointed if they think a new board will be arguing the finer points of the meaning of "fenian" or an individuals right to mock religion.

bigles99
23-02-2015, 23:00

This ! We need to grow up and stop the petty moaning about getting picked on, don't bastardise songs and they can't say fek all, leave the scum to sing their shite and there house will soon cave in.:p

Kathman2
23-02-2015, 23:08
I think you are missing the point entirely. A 20% shareholding in company is pretty much the directorate. This should be the ultimate target for RF and BR and with finances already at a holding of neary 5%, 20% is not far off.

These are continuous subscription schemes. That means that every month around 200k of shares in the club are bought - in 12 months thats 2.4m shares.

The only problem is there are not limitless amounts of shares available for the schemes to buy and Rangers First will be funnelling the cash directly into the club rather than continually buying shares.
Reality is the schemes will be minor shareholders albeit with influence. The days of TBB are gone we have to accept that and focus our energies on ensuring all other clubs are held to account.

Range-Rover
23-02-2015, 23:47
Sir David Murray wasn't interested in defending Rangers or the Bears, all Murray wanted was a Boardroom where it was impossible that anyone could challenge him, or say anything against him, he was too busy tying everything in knots, he forgot about the bears, and since Murray, its been open season on Rangers and on us Bears
I just hope that when Dave King, Paul Murray and John Gilligan along with Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor are all in charge, the first thing they do is draw up a list of journalists who wont be welcome at Ibrox, and legal action will be taken against others who have been abusing the club for far too long

Bigmother
23-02-2015, 23:50
Banning journalists doesn't work.
They still get stories.
Didn't go well for Llambias did it ?

nybear
23-02-2015, 23:56
They still get stories.

aye they do, but they can make them up from outside the stadium and not from the best seats in the house free of charge.

alpha
23-02-2015, 23:58
Lets walk before we run but aye I would love it if we took all our media in house and banned the fooking lot.

DJ Blue
24-02-2015, 00:01
From the telegraph

Friday February 27
Falkirk v Rangers (19.45), Scottish Championship, BT Sport 1 VM 547 / 549 HD, 19.30
Our weekly chance to check on what chaotic nonsense has befallen Rangers and what havoc Mike Ashley has managed to wreak north of the border in the last seven days carries us to a Friday night in Falkirk. Inevitably all the coverage, and most of the crowd, will be interested in the UK's most farcical club (settle down fans of Leeds and QPR, you've got nothing on these guys) but spare a thought for Falkirk who used to yo-yo up and down out of this league quite a bit before they suddenly found Hearts, Hibs and Billy Smart's Travelling Circus joining them at the second tier.

Currently fifth, Falkirk have a great chance to claim a famous win here given how abysmally Rangers are playing football, conducting their business, treating their wives, tending to their gardens, behaving on the way home from the pub and everything else besides.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11354357/live-football-tv-this-week.html?WT.mc_id=6059327source=Nav

garyC
24-02-2015, 00:02

This can only happen if people are willing to sell this will eventually dry up as the people owning shares will keep them.

kb thornliebank
24-02-2015, 00:04
bt sport described the singing of pro-ira songs as a "fantastic atmosphere".

That's because they don't have a clue what they're actually singing, anymore than they would know what we sing if were not for journalists who flag up the words.

It's all propaganda, nothing at all to do with truth or justice, (or even fair and impartial reporting.)

smkz23
24-02-2015, 00:07
From the telegraph

Friday February 27
Falkirk v Rangers (19.45), Scottish Championship, BT Sport 1 VM 547 / 549 HD, 19.30
Our weekly chance to check on what chaotic nonsense has befallen Rangers and what havoc Mike Ashley has managed to wreak north of the border in the last seven days carries us to a Friday night in Falkirk. Inevitably all the coverage, and most of the crowd, will be interested in the UK's most farcical club (settle down fans of Leeds and QPR, you've got nothing on these guys) but spare a thought for Falkirk who used to yo-yo up and down out of this league quite a bit before they suddenly found Hearts, Hibs and Billy Smart's Travelling Circus joining them at the second tier.

Currently fifth, Falkirk have a great chance to claim a famous win here given how abysmally Rangers are playing football, conducting their business, treating their wives, tending to their gardens, behaving on the way home from the pub and everything else besides.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11354357/live-football-tv-this-week.html?WT.mc_id=6059327source=Nav

We are the most farcical club in the uk :(

Blue Buddha
24-02-2015, 04:16
This ! We need to grow up and stop the petty moaning about getting picked on, don't bastardise songs and they can't say fek all, leave the scum to sing their shite and there house will soon cave in.:p

Will it really? :roll:

They been singing their shite for decades and their house has not even suffered as much as a shrinkage crack :mad:

pennyblack
24-02-2015, 06:46
This can only happen if people are willing to sell this will eventually dry up as the people owning shares will keep them.

Hedge funds are always willing to sell shares in non dividend investments

biggee
24-02-2015, 09:54

Nor do I see where there is evidence of a promised land under King and Murray.

johnnybravo
24-02-2015, 10:00
Not sure where the OP is getting his optimism from, where certain people will get told a few truths and banned,

But I do see Buyrangers and Rangersfirst having a bit of an influence where they will now be listened to by the board

Sebo1873
24-02-2015, 10:01
IF we do get back into the hands of real Rangers men then i hope we tackle these cretins head on but i also fear it might be a case of pandering to the media in a sense and condemning any songs we sing or saying they are going to tackle this element of or support.

They might not come in and tackle everyone and anyone the way we are hoping for.

I just hope that we develop a bit of a backbone and any unneccessary or unproven journalism or tweets sent out about us are addressed.

Denver_Ba
24-02-2015, 10:05

This.

People can type "see you in court" as often as the like but there is no way anyone involved with the club will try to defend signing of "fenian blood" regardless of how much I think it's right to sing what you want a game.

Peters Scarf
24-02-2015, 10:13
They still get stories.

How do you know banning journalists will 'not work'? We've never tried it.

I guarantee for all the p1sh he may trot out in the aftermath, banning Spiers and saying exactly why, will make the scum who masquerade as journalists up here sit up.

You surely are not naive enough to believe that the rodents banning the rhebel for their own ends in any way equates to the club banning hacks for the correct reasons?

Man Bear Pig
24-02-2015, 10:15
This has to be one of our primary objectives when the right people are in charge. For too long has our club curled up into a ball on the floor as everyones takes a wee kick at us.

gourockblue50
24-02-2015, 10:16
Speirs was barred from DK's press conference

I never heard this. Any links?

Peters Scarf
24-02-2015, 10:21
[QUOTE=Denver_Ba;22847275]This.

People can type "see you in court" as often as the like but there is no way anyone involved with the club will try to defend signing of "fenian blood" regardless of how much I think it's right to sing what you want a game.[/QUOT

That's correct, but we can still pop up and shout out about, and highlight the blatant double standards and take the curs in the press box to task. Put them on the spot.

Witney Devil
24-02-2015, 11:26
We desperately need a board to stand up for the club & our support but only to the extent that they ensure we are treated equally with every other club in Scotland - No more, no less.

I don't expect the board to come out after every game and defend every song but someone needs to stand up and say that if our support causes perceived or actual offence then we have the right to point out what offends us and goes with reproach in the media and by officialdom.