PDA

View Full Version : Rangers supporters pledge

Northampton_loyalist
23-02-2015, 10:38
Just gauging interest and looking for input prior to writing something up.

The idea as it stands in my head is to create a pledge and seek signatures to it.

The pledge would state that we are willing to make sure we accept and follow legislation regarding sectarianism in Scotland, but that we also pledge to level the field.

My thinking behind this is that as disparate individuals railing against injustice, we sometimes sail close to the wind in terms of harming the club. If we can prove that a sizable number of us are unhappy with the application of the laws that we all fall under, but are willing to follow them then I believe we can start to force the debate into wide stream media. Individuals will get the jail if they are not careful and are easily ignored in the press. Thousands of us together are not so easy and I think we could push for a serious change and weight of numbers alone would guarantee that some media outlets would be forced to start running with statements etc.

I am off to work all day but please, debate the idea and make any suggestions you feel are relevant. I am prepared to start the ball rolling with this, as a full independent body with no other remit, if people think that it has some merit.

Archibald Leitch
23-02-2015, 10:47
Not a bad idea mate.

The notion of "what about them", regardless of how valid we may think it is, is not going to protect the Club. That particular fight can take place elsewhere, not from the stands/terracings.
We already have people in the boardroom doing their best to destroy us. Those who think they'll get away with singing what they like, when legislation is clearly against them, need to learn that they won't.

http://i58.tinypic.com/vpvl7b.gif

RATS OUT! ASHLEY OUT!

Northampton_loyalist
23-02-2015, 10:53
My thinking is that the pledge would need to be clear enough in what we will do, but at least equally clear that we see injustice. A 50 50 split so to speak.

womble 3
23-02-2015, 10:54
Not a bad idea mate.

The notion of "what about them", regardless of how valid we may think it is, is not going to protect the Club. That particular fight can take place elsewhere, not from the stands/terracings.
We already have people in the boardroom doing their best to destroy us. Those who think they'll get away with singing what they like, when legislation is clearly against them, need to learn that they won't.

RATS OUT! ASHLEY OUT!

They have got away with it they barely deem a mention and they have never stopped while we did

Good suggestion from op

colinrfc
23-02-2015, 11:17
Who gets to say what's " sectarian " and what's not ?

Saltire-Stevie
23-02-2015, 11:54
The line that the Rangers Fans Board took in their statement is spot on .... 'We should not take any moral instruction from anyone until their is a level playing field' .... We are the only set of fans who have made any effort what so ever over tha last 4 or 5 years but it's a one way street ....

My abiding hope is that when King, Murray and Gilligan along with the 3 bears reps form a board, we set our strategy on this and other issues at a far more sophisticated political level. In fact John Gilligan alluded to this in their press conferenvce a couple of weeks ago ..... not before time imho !!!

Benny Spiro
23-02-2015, 11:54
A level playing field is all that's required.

youngpud
23-02-2015, 11:57
A level playing field is all that's required.
Amen to that brother.

isawthat
23-02-2015, 12:10
Great idea, this has mileage written all over it.

The most important factor is we must not have a scattergun attitude.

We are not playing on a level playing field, that is a fact.

Someone with the know how, should be able to draw up the many examples of sectarian and destructive behaviour of the other side of the city that have been ignored by the authorities and press alike, and compare with the heavy handed treatment suffered by Rangers fans.

Get this into some form that can be presented to the authorities, and the ball can start rolling.

cammy02
23-02-2015, 12:21
I'm with this.

We need to take the lead and put everything on the table as the OP suggests. It won't be palitable for some but we are always on the defensive as a support.

Personally I cringe when I read articles like Keith Jackson's. I tend to ignore the Speirs and English as they as they have different agendas when it comes to us and have nothing new to add to their debate.

Incidentally, where are the board on this? If they are sure they will continue in control after the EGM (which they tell us they will) why haven't they said anything about this at all? A view on either side of the debate would be expected but to to say nothing at all just confirms their incompetence.

westblue
23-02-2015, 12:32
I'm in. Good idea op.

alexg123
23-02-2015, 12:36
Sounds good to me .

KingBrian
23-02-2015, 12:42
A kind of Rangers supporters covenant. I think it sounds like a very good idea and it would be good to be proactive and on the front foot around this whole debate for once.

Fowz
23-02-2015, 12:49
Agree with the notion wholeheartedly.

I found myself in a confronational exchange with a Rangers-hater over social media at the weekend where wild claims such as "95% of sectarianism in this country only comes from one club" and that "all Rangers fans are scum" were vehemenantly asserted.

It mattered not that I was in agreement that genuine sectarianism has no place in society, let alone football; I was branded a likeminded bigot by association. The crux of the problem is that the definition of sectarianism has been re-written and re-asserted by those with an anti-Rangers/British/Protestant/Unionist/Loyalist agenda for so long that it has simply received widespread acceptance.

I shouldn't have risen to engaging the argument, but I simply couldn't let the vile slander continue, particularly from someone I knew personally.

We need to stand up for ourselves here. No one is going to come out and do it for us. Anyone on Twitter will undoubtedly have seen how quickly the vultures descended when Amy MacDonald dared to speak out.

A pledge circulated around the RST and RangersFirst memberships to gather signatures would surely hold substantial weight to then be presented to the relevant authorities.

"We the undersigned pledge to call out and challenge any fellow fans that we encounter at matches who are engaging in offensive behaviour, be it racist, sectarian, homophobic, or other.

We equally pledge to continue to fight for fair and equal treatment of all Rangers fans, to assist in stamping out offensive behaviour in all its forms from football and society as a whole."

Better minds than mine can expand on the general theme there.

200000 Heroes
23-02-2015, 13:05
It's a good idea.

We really need to stop dancing to the sectarian and bigoted "Irish Catholic" agenda on this issue.

adastra
23-02-2015, 13:34
There is merit in your suggestion and a fans solution has to be sought. Once we have won the battle for the Club, I would like to see our established and respected fans reps guide on these matters and those that still don't understand the long term damage they are doing should be isolated. There are great anthems that should be sung and protected from any criticism and we must stand strong on these but we really need to clean up some areas, particularly the whole BJK Bears are having a party section. We don't need this, who really gives a toss at Kirkcaldy on a Friday night.

One area I highlight to all that will listen is the hypocrisy of others. You can always gauge how are songs are hitting home and the type of of individual in the Home Support by their reaction. Forget Celtic matches, for decades now there are 2 songs that generate howls of derision and boos from all other Scottish supports, far more than any other anthems; namely Rule Britannia and God Save The Queen. Why is this, are they abusive and/or sectarian or is the offended individual in the home end tarred with a sectarian anti British/English brush.

Let's own this subject ourselves and set the agenda and not be dictated to any longer. We are starting to realise how effective we can be together with good leadership, lets not lose this momentum as others try to destabilize us.

Northampton_loyalist
23-02-2015, 13:39
Seems fairly positive but not really taking off. What would people want to see? What would people want left out?

This will need direction from the support if it is to reflect the support

weebear
23-02-2015, 13:50
Great idea.

Every Rangers supporter in every group or organisation, all need to be reading from the same pledge though.

Dallas Cowboy
23-02-2015, 13:56
Just gauging interest and looking for input prior to writing something up.

The idea as it stands in my head is to create a pledge and seek signatures to it.

The pledge would state that we are willing to make sure we accept and follow legislation regarding sectarianism in Scotland, but that we also pledge to level the field.

My thinking behind this is that as disparate individuals railing against injustice, we sometimes sail close to the wind in terms of harming the club. If we can prove that a sizable number of us are unhappy with the application of the laws that we all fall under, but are willing to follow them then I believe we can start to force the debate into wide stream media. Individuals will get the jail if they are not careful and are easily ignored in the press. Thousands of us together are not so easy and I think we could push for a serious change and weight of numbers alone would guarantee that some media outlets would be forced to start running with statements etc.

I am off to work all day but please, debate the idea and make any suggestions you feel are relevant. I am prepared to start the ball rolling with this, as a full independent body with no other remit, if people think that it has some merit.

Great idea.

Fowz
23-02-2015, 14:00
Seems fairly positive but not really taking off. What would people want to see? What would people want left out?

This will need direction from the support if it is to reflect the support

We know the issues and so could continue on indefinitely with post after post and thread after thread reiterating them.

As for actions; you would want your pledge to include a statement acknowledging that the majority of fans are rational-minded individuals who are against abusive language (including sectarian) in any form.

You would also want an acknowledement that there exists a cultural bias in Scotland that criminalises one set of fans but not any other for the exact same behaviour.

We can all do our best to stamp it out, but so long as that bias exists, it will never go away.

I often think of the analogy with a school classroom. It's standard psychology. Punish the misbehaviour of an individual and you present the perpetrator with two options: either they are being singled out for punishment, or their behaviour is singling them out. If you then punish the whole class, you are adding peer pressure to the pressure from authority to change the behaviour.

The child may well correct their behaviour under this pressure as they are likely to believe that it was the latter of the the two options that resulted in the punishment. However, if a similar misdemeanour from a different individual doesn't receive the same level of punishment, the original perpetrator will be inclined to believe that it was the former option that lead to their punishment, and they are quite likely to adopt the thinking that they will be punished regardless and so revert to their original behaviour pattern.

A level-playing is not only desirable, it is essential in tackling the core issue.

daven37
23-02-2015, 14:01
This is a great idea.

We have to be careful when reacting in the heat of the moment and thinking it is a good idea to start singing TBB - not only potentially harmful to the club but to fans who could find themselves in court and before they know it with a criminal record.

We need to be more savvy about this.

The support has to pull together on this issue and it would help if supporter groups made it clear to fans exactly what you have said - "we are unhappy with the application of the laws that we all fall under, but are willing to follow them"

We need to be active in pulling all evidence of unfair treatment.

weebear
23-02-2015, 14:18
I pledge my Loyalty to my club, Rangers.
and to it's values, culture and heritage for which it stands.
A club open to all, regardless of Gender, Colour or Religion.
To loyally follow my club, win, lose or draw.
and to defend it by all legal means against those who would harm it.

Northampton_loyalist
23-02-2015, 16:17
Surely more than a handful have an opinion on this?

bluenose al
23-02-2015, 16:24
Great idea.! Its time for parity and an end to persecution of rangers fans.we have already proved we can behave.the rhats have proved the opposite.

weebeara
23-02-2015, 16:31
I don't think we should be doing anything at all until after the EGM and then any action taken should be alongside the Rangers people running our club (hopefully). We have a major battle to be won in the next couple of weeks and we don't need anything that will divide the fans in the meantime.

Thereafter, we should ensure that we have a level playing field and then get together to agree what is acceptable for Rangers supporters to be singing. The people who want to sing what they like should be invited along to take part in the discussion. It may be a case that most of them although wanting the right to sing what they like can agree that certain things are not advantageous to Rangers.

superger
23-02-2015, 16:36
Too late, I'm afraid.

Police Scotland, the Procurator Fiscal and Sheriffs don't recognise anti-Protestant hatred and sectarianism as a criminal offence.

The two-tier and discriminatory legal system is already in place and currently in operation up and down the land where " sectarianism " is concerned.

The anti-sectarian legislation passed via Holyrood only ever had one aim....to demonise, marginalise and if possible criminalise one section of the community.

The sooner folk realise that, the sooner we can address the issue.

Northampton_loyalist
23-02-2015, 16:42
Too late, I'm afraid.

Police Scotland, the Procurator Fiscal and Sheriffs don't recognise anti-Protestant hatred and sectarianism as a criminal offence.

The two-tier and discriminatory legal system is already in place and currently in operation up and down the land where " sectarianism " is concerned.

The anti-sectarian legislation passed via Holyrood only ever had one aim....to demonise, marginalise and if possible criminalise one section of the community.

Don't mean to sound like a dick, but which is it? Too late or it can be addressed when people wake up?

superger
23-02-2015, 16:50
Don't mean to sound like a dick, but which is it? Too late or it can be addressed when people wake up?

The OP regarding pledges or whatever.

That particular train has left the station long ago where the Law, politicians, PF's, Courts, the mhedia, etc, and where " sectarianism " is concerned, and more specifically who are to blame and who are the victims.

Bizarrely, we've slept walked into the present situation in that a club and fan base synonymously and inextricably linked to sectarianism, racism, and an even more sinister past is held up as an " all-inclusive club", while Rangers and our fans are demonised at every turn.

The two-tier and discriminatory Scottish legal and judicial system which abjectly refuses to prosecute for anti-Protestant hatred and sectarianism only confirms that reality.

Support cluan place
23-02-2015, 16:53
Songs that celebrate our history, culture and tradition . No songs about the U.V.F , no songs about building gallows, no songs about rifles and pistols.As much as I'm proud of the actions of the Ulster.Volunteer Force. I'm afraid at a football match is not the time and place for such songs.

Yeuptae
23-02-2015, 16:55
Im in, I've had enough of being told what to do off organisations who tried to kill us.

I just want parity nothing more.

Yeuptae
23-02-2015, 16:56
Too late, I'm afraid.

Then is it not about time it was challenged for what it is?

weebeara
23-02-2015, 16:59
The OP regarding pledges or whatever.

That particular train has left the station long ago where the Law, politicians, PF's, Courts, the mhedia, etc, and where " sectarianism " is concerned, and more specifically who are to blame and who are the victims.

Bizarrely, we've slept walked into the present situation in that a club and fan base synonymously and inextricably linked to sectarianism, racism, and an even more sinister past is held up as an " all-inclusive club", while Rangers and our fans are demonised at every turn.

The two-tier and discriminatory Scottish legal and judicial system which abjectly refuses to prosecute for anti-Protestant hatred and sectarianism only confirms that reality.

As a support we have finally wakened up to the crooks who have been stealing from our club for 3 years and done something about it, proving that it's never too late. After we win that war we will be ready for the next one. It's never too late, when you've got right on your side. We just have to pick our battles wisely.

Northampton_loyalist
23-02-2015, 17:41
Perhaps I just need to create a draft and invite critique.

I would certainly be looking towards approaching the various fan's groups for support after something was up and running (as opposed to before, to avoid any potential pissing contests) and perhaps the club itself, once the board has been sorted out.

if anyone feels they would like to help at this stage, please feel free to drop me a pm.

cw3038
23-02-2015, 17:48
As a support we have finally wakened up to the crooks who have been stealing from our club for 3 years and done something about it, proving that it's never too late. After we win that war we will be ready for the next one. It's never too late, when you've got right on your side. We just have to pick our battles wisely.

I've said before one of our priorities must be a PR dept with balls and fangs ready to defend the club and fans, highlighting the bheasts songbook on every occasion.

Grandmaster_Suck
23-02-2015, 17:53
The problem is the opposition are always moving the goalposts.

Northampton_loyalist
23-02-2015, 17:57

Yes, that is a fact that cannot be argued against. Personally I think we are not doing anything at all just now and we have no platform to defend ourselves or look for parity. Regardless of how stacked against us things are, if we never try to address things in an organized manner, we will never get anywhere.

furryfeet1690
23-02-2015, 17:59
The Billy Boys - Ach its fine, we'll be fine if we stop singing this.

Big Jock Knew- Ach we'll be fine if we stop singing this.

WDYGH - Surely they'll no come after us if we stop singing this.

Build my Gallows - We'll be sorted if we stop singing this.

and so on and so on

mvintrepid55
23-02-2015, 18:27
It is ridiculous the way Rangers are demonised yet the paedo history of Ceptic is blatantly ignored to the point that we are the bigger criminals for singing songs about it.
Im sure many of us have contacted mp,s msp,s, journalists etc. at the time the Saville case came to light. Yet there was not one single soul willing to look into it,it was completely ignored.
Then take the semi final with us and them, Rangers fans were guilty of singing offensive songs, apparently there was some sectarian singing from "The other side" to.
So the spfl or whatever they call themselves let it go. Until the Raith game, when it was us being offensive again. No mention at all about the ira songs at the paedo dome during the Inter game. Absolute double standards and aimed as we know, at one group of fans. We should be demanding parity and also demanding it made an offence to use the word hun, in the same way as fenian is. Obviously Orange bastard should be included in that. I know we have a greater battle going on, but really we are fighting on two fronts. we should not sit back and just accept punishment, we have been lucky to survive but we are not out of the fire yet. We need to get a petition started and then forwarded to the spfl, the journalists and tv. We have to stop the rumours and downright lies and the double standards in this country.

douzpwa
23-02-2015, 18:40

Thats it! Supports pledge should be No surrender no more!

Northampton_loyalist
23-02-2015, 21:35
wee bump.............

Mols9
23-02-2015, 21:38
This is a superb idea.

finners
23-02-2015, 21:42
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Well done OP.

fatboyblue
23-02-2015, 21:48
I like this idea.

Calvers72
23-02-2015, 21:57
The line that the Rangers Fans Board took in their statement is spot on .... 'We should not take any moral instruction from anyone until their is a level playing field' .... We are the only set of fans who have made any effort what so ever over tha last 4 or 5 years but it's a one way street ....

My abiding hope is that when King, Murray and Gilligan along with the 3 bears reps form a board, we set our strategy on this and other issues at a far more sophisticated political level. In fact John Gilligan alluded to this in their press conferenvce a couple of weeks ago ..... not before time imho !!!

I am certain these guys understand the great need for a very different approach from the neglectful and weak stance Murray took for years and has seen us savaged by hypocritical worthless filth who will never be content or reasonable regarding Rangers especially when there is no sanction to fear.

Tackhead
23-02-2015, 22:30

Usually those who hate the British working class.

However we can easily win this one and kick the swine where it hurts.

All fans groups should issue a joint statement demanding we stop using fenian in anything we say write or sing.

We should change the BB words from fenian blood to paedo blood. Issue the new words to all fan clubs.

Either they put up with our taunts, or go on record to demand their ethnic right to rape kids.

Its a win win for us.

It really hurts fans at FC Nonce of Glasgow when we refuse to join the cover up of child abuse in their club.

Lets hit em where it hurts!

Tackhead
23-02-2015, 22:32
It is ridiculous the way Rangers are demonised yet the paedo history of Ceptic is blatantly ignored to the point that we are the bigger criminals for singing songs about it.
Im sure many of us have contacted mp,s msp,s, journalists etc. at the time the Saville case came to light. Yet there was not one single soul willing to look into it,it was completely ignored.
Then take the semi final with us and them, Rangers fans were guilty of singing offensive songs, apparently there was some sectarian singing from "The other side" to.
So the spfl or whatever they call themselves let it go. Until the Raith game, when it was us being offensive again. No mention at all about the ira songs at the paedo dome during the Inter game. Absolute double standards and aimed as we know, at one group of fans. We should be demanding parity and also demanding it made an offence to use the word hun, in the same way as fenian is. Obviously Orange bastard should be included in that. I know we have a greater battle going on, but really we are fighting on two fronts. we should not sit back and just accept punishment, we have been lucky to survive but we are not out of the fire yet. We need to get a petition started and then forwarded to the spfl, the journalists and tv. We have to stop the rumours and downright lies and the double standards in this country.

See my post a few down. Noncing is their weak spot so lets get at it.

ItsInTheNet
23-02-2015, 22:42

Hows about we start to move the goalposts instead of always waiting on being dictated to.

Midfield General
23-02-2015, 23:23
This would allow us to regain some of the initiative, so in my book this does have some mileage and would be worth exploring further. A good positive shout from the OP

JAXBEAR
23-02-2015, 23:27
Agree with the notion wholeheartedly.

I found myself in a confronational exchange with a Rangers-hater over social media at the weekend where wild claims such as "95% of sectarianism in this country only comes from one club" and that "all Rangers fans are scum" were vehemenantly asserted.

It mattered not that I was in agreement that genuine sectarianism has no place in society, let alone football; I was branded a likeminded bigot by association. The crux of the problem is that the definition of sectarianism has been re-written and re-asserted by those with an anti-Rangers/British/Protestant/Unionist/Loyalist agenda for so long that it has simply received widespread acceptance.

I shouldn't have risen to engaging the argument, but I simply couldn't let the vile slander continue, particularly from someone I knew personally.

We need to stand up for ourselves here. No one is going to come out and do it for us. Anyone on Twitter will undoubtedly have seen how quickly the vultures descended when Amy MacDonald dared to speak out.

A pledge circulated around the RST and RangersFirst memberships to gather signatures would surely hold substantial weight to then be presented to the relevant authorities.

"We the undersigned pledge to call out and challenge any fellow fans that we encounter at matches who are engaging in offensive behaviour, be it racist, sectarian, homophobic, or other.

We equally pledge to continue to fight for fair and equal treatment of all Rangers fans, to assist in stamping out offensive behaviour in all its forms from football and society as a whole."

Better minds than mine can expand on the general theme there.

Tims been tearing me up all weekend because i brought up their vile singing against Inter victims as usual

WBD
23-02-2015, 23:35
I love the sentiment behind this idea I really do. But having been on the receiving end from fellow Rangers supporters a few years ago. I found there are some out there no matter what, don't want to let it go. Originally a website to promote Rangers songs and cut out all the FTP and fenian blood stuff long long before they were after us, I had to check the website sometimes to check that it wasn't Celtic or rebel songs I was asking the bears to sing, the abuse I was getting was pathetic. We can't even get the fans to sing the right words to Follow Follow!!

Maybe things have moved on, I would love it if it had. All I am saying is there has been a very positive reaction on here, which is pleasing, but there will be many out there, who will be having a go at it for of many reasons, they don't want to give it up, it's they ****s from FF trying to tell us what to do.

Best of luck and if can help in any way I would, would love for this to work. It is pro active at worst

defender61
24-02-2015, 00:17
OP would you look to attach conditions to the pledge ie we will, as a support put an end to any use of FTP as it is clearly directed at a religion regardless of our view of that religion (we accept some could be genuinely offended). In return we intend to retain our historic anthem TBB (we don't accept some are genuinely offended, other than those agitated in that direction by the spinning of a false interpretation designed to castigate a support as sectarian when they are not).

We have made every reasonable adjustment to perceived exclusivity, we signed a high profile RC in MJ, signed numerous RC's, had RC captains, literally idolised a number of RC fans favourites. We strongly believe we have every right to make our feelings towards anti British political or terrorist organisations and will draw the line right there !

or words to that effect

Virgil Hilts
24-02-2015, 00:26
OP would you look to attach conditions to the pledge ie we will, as a support put an end to any use of FTP as it is clearly directed at a religion regardless of our view of that religion (we accept some could be genuinely offended). In return we intend to retain our historic anthem TBB (we don't accept some are genuinely offended, other than those agitated in that direction by the spinning of a false interpretation designed to castigate a support as sectarian when they are not).

We have made every reasonable adjustment to perceived exclusivity, we signed a high profile RC in MJ, signed numerous RC's, had RC captains, literally idolised a number of RC fans favourites. We strongly believe we have every right to make our feelings towards anti British political or terrorist organisations and will draw the line right there !

or words to that effect

That seems reasonable, and a trade worth making

Northampton_loyalist
24-02-2015, 13:05
Fighting for a return of TBB is a possibility and it could be done as a way of finding a middle ground. Promoting the song with alternative words would be an easy sell and if we stuck to it, would give us an anthem back and a platform for pushing a debate

ttbluenose
24-02-2015, 15:07

Liewell, Mulholland, Brennan, Tortellini, 3names, Haggerty, the discredited journalist, English, Thomson, Collymore..............

Have I missed anyone?

johnwoods88
24-02-2015, 16:24
We need CLEAR definition on what can and can't be said/sung
We need to be able to argue the merits of what we think is not sectarian.
We also need help at club level, to argue our points or fight our corner when it comes to the biased reporting and criminalistion of Rangers fans. We cannot take this lying down anymore, but need to fight it in the right way. (the petition v Collymore etc without getting caught up and resorting to name calling/abuse etc)

I do appreciate times have changed and we need to adapt, however this has to apply to the other side too.
If we want to continue songs like TBB then the fans need to, for the moment being anyway, change the word fenian to something else eg. Celtic blood.

weebear
24-02-2015, 17:56
Liewell, Mulholland, Brennan, Tortellini, 3names, Haggerty, the discredited journalist, English, Thomson, Collymore..............

Have I missed anyone?

Hardly a Scotsman (Liewell is Japanese) in that rogues gallery.

Archibald Leitch
24-02-2015, 20:05
I love the sentiment behind this idea I really do. But having been on the receiving end from fellow Rangers supporters a few years ago. I found there are some out there no matter what, don't want to let it go. Originally a website to promote Rangers songs and cut out all the FTP and fenian blood stuff long long before they were after us, I had to check the website sometimes to check that it wasn't Celtic or rebel songs I was asking the bears to sing, the abuse I was getting was pathetic. We can't even get the fans to sing the right words to Follow Follow!!

Maybe things have moved on, I would love it if it had. All I am saying is there has been a very positive reaction on here, which is pleasing, but there will be many out there, who will be having a go at it for of many reasons, they don't want to give it up, it's they ****s from FF trying to tell us what to do.

Best of luck and if can help in any way I would, would love for this to work. It is pro active at worst

Hardly surprising when the Club can't even play 'correct' versions of Rangers songs.
Example: "celtc know all about their troubles"? Why even mention them? AFAIA these are not the original words. Supporters deciding to sing this is one thing; the Club playing it is something else.

RATS OUT! ASHLEY OUT!

Northampton Lodger
24-02-2015, 20:27
The winning of the EGM and the construction of a proper fans board with the likes of Chris Graham involved could be the catalyst for a new approach. I think the time has come to cease religious songs and those associated to loyalist paramilitaries. I am being a hypocrite as I have sung them all over the years .

Change a few words on the billy boys and it's fine. NPOR can go, the paedo songs can also be binned. I am embarrassed when we sing those particular songs when I am sat there with my kids.