PDA

View Full Version : Just phoned Hargreaves lansdown regarding my share

Diesel0412
06-02-2015, 14:28
Basically called them to find out what happens with my vote as there held in there account,she just just asked me if I want to vote for or against the resolutions,told her I want to vote for and she said that's fine I will pass that onto the accounts team and they will process my vote.

Surely not as simple as that?

Can anyone confirm this is legit and my vote will defo be counted? I have over 4000 shares now and don't want them going to waste

bigkahunarab
06-02-2015, 14:37
No.........

Advice from others is there is a bit more work than this involved.

howmuchisthefish?
06-02-2015, 14:38
I spoke to them last week and was told they don't provide paper shares, everything is done electronically.
I've since received a message from them totally contradicting what she said, here's the main content of the message:

Thank you for your email.

Although we do not automatically send out notification of shareholder meetings or voting forms to clients who hold shares in our Vantage accounts, as a shareholder of (e.g. Rangers International Football Club) you can still attend their AGMs and vote, even though you do not currently hold the shares in certificated form.

If you would like to attend any AGM or vote on any of the company’s shares that you hold, you simply need to inform us two weeks prior to the AGM and we will send out a letter of attendance. You can also register your votes with us.

Furthermore, you are able to find out the dates for an AGM on our website by simply selecting the share that you hold on our website. You then need to simply click on the 'Company Information' tab and any upcoming AGM should be listed under ‘Important dates’. Please note, if there is nothing listed under future events then you are able to use the previous AGM listed under past events as an indication of when the next AGM will be, as most companies will hold their AGM's at the same time each year.

You are able to inform us, two weeks prior to the AGM, that you are both interested in attending a meeting and registering your vote either by telephone, letter, or via email at: acceptances@hl.co.uk

If you would still like to have your Rangers International Football Club shares transferred into certificated form, you can do this by sending us a signed letter of instruction together with cheque payable to 'Hargreaves Lansdown' for £25, to cover the certification fee. Additionally, you should note that as this is your sole holding within your Vantage Fund & Share Account, transferring this stock into certificated form would result in an account closure fee of £25 plus VAT.

Hope this helps.

The Defender
06-02-2015, 14:40
It is actually quite easy. The broker will have the resolutions and all they do is process a form with your intention and this will count in votes in proportion to the size of your holding.

Mark-Penny
06-02-2015, 14:44
I'm with shares price and I ohoned a while back. They said the same thing. I asked if I wanted to attend they said I just need to inform them and they can sort it out.

tdotbear
06-02-2015, 15:35
Is there anyway to verify that share votes cast were actually done so and accurate afterwards?

Ddotted
06-02-2015, 15:42
How do you know these brokers will do as you request? Would be my concern....where is the traceability? Invested at IPOD so I recieve packs and attendance cards.

AnglianBear
06-02-2015, 16:03
How do you know these brokers will do as you request? Would be my concern....where is the traceability? Invested at IPOD so I recieve packs and attendance cards.

This.

"I could swear those 4000 shareholders said NO ...it was a dicky line"

eastenclosure4life
06-02-2015, 16:14
My friend is looking to buy shares on Monday will he be able to attend the EGM ?

Valley Bluenose
06-02-2015, 16:18
My friend is looking to buy shares on Monday will he be able to attend the EGM ?

Some advice here:

http://forum.*****************/showthread.php?t=1039666

Though at this late stage, unless he specifically wishes to attend the EGM, I recommend investing in one of the fans schemes as the better option:

https://www.therst.co.uk/buy-rangers/

eastenclosure4life
06-02-2015, 16:20
Thanks bud

mel1974
06-02-2015, 16:24
I paid £20 today to them to have mine certified it takes two working days apparently

okeydokey505
06-02-2015, 16:27
I paid £20 today to them to have mine certified it takes two working days apparently

Robbing Bastards I paid £25.:mad:

We understand that you would like to withdraw your Rangers International Football Club plc shares from your Vantage Fund & Share Account into certificated form.

In order to process this request, we require the instruction to be given in writing (i.e. by letter or SMC). Please state the name of the stock and the total number of shares that you would like to withdraw. In addition, please confirm that you accept the £25 withdrawal fee.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and will process your request promptly once we have received your written instruction.

londonloyal
06-02-2015, 17:01
I have spoken to HL who are sending me out the invite and documentation as I wish to attend and made no mention of any additional fees. As I not requesting certificates, I assume this is ok.

He asked me how I intended to vote but I didn't tell him. I don't want this to be cocked up. I will vote personally.

okeydokey505
06-02-2015, 17:28
I have spoken to HL who are sending me out the invite and documentation as I wish to attend and made no mention of any additional fees. As I not requesting certificates, I assume this is ok.

He asked me how I intended to vote but I didn't tell him. I don't want this to be cocked up. I will vote personally.

Yip you only need a letter of attendance.

I switched mine to certified (and it is £25) and also asked for letter of attendance to be sent out.

If I am reading it correctly you can also get them to vote on your behalf and still attend meeting.

Don't know how this works though if you have already voted :confused:

Special One
06-02-2015, 18:32
Is there anyway to verify that share votes cast were actually done so and accurate afterwards?

I work in a brokers mate, not worth their livelihood not to register them

I would recommend you give a telephone instruction rather than a written one however

daviedoy
06-02-2015, 19:34
I spoke to them last week and was told they don't provide paper shares, everything is done electronically.
I've since received a message from them totally contradicting what she said, here's the main content of the message:

Thank you for your email.

Although we do not automatically send out notification of shareholder meetings or voting forms to clients who hold shares in our Vantage accounts, as a shareholder of (e.g. Rangers International Football Club) you can still attend their AGMs and vote, even though you do not currently hold the shares in certificated form.

If you would like to attend any AGM or vote on any of the company’s shares that you hold, you simply need to inform us two weeks prior to the AGM and we will send out a letter of attendance. You can also register your votes with us.

Furthermore, you are able to find out the dates for an AGM on our website by simply selecting the share that you hold on our website. You then need to simply click on the 'Company Information' tab and any upcoming AGM should be listed under ‘Important dates’. Please note, if there is nothing listed under future events then you are able to use the previous AGM listed under past events as an indication of when the next AGM will be, as most companies will hold their AGM's at the same time each year.

You are able to inform us, two weeks prior to the AGM, that you are both interested in attending a meeting and registering your vote either by telephone, letter, or via email at: acceptances@hl.co.uk

If you would still like to have your Rangers International Football Club shares transferred into certificated form, you can do this by sending us a signed letter of instruction together with cheque payable to 'Hargreaves Lansdown' for £25, to cover the certification fee. Additionally, you should note that as this is your sole holding within your Vantage Fund & Share Account, transferring this stock into certificated form would result in an account closure fee of £25 plus VAT.

Hope this helps.

Halifax share deal basically told me the same

howmuchisthefish?
07-02-2015, 11:53
Just off the phone to them again there, basically they've told me to just send them a secure message with all the propositions, which way I'm voting, & they'll register the vote.

Valley Bluenose
07-02-2015, 12:03
Just off the phone to them again there, basically they've told me to just send them a secure message with all the propositions, which way I'm voting, & they'll register the vote.

Thanks for the info mate.

We need as much dissemination of this kind of info as possible. It could turn out to be crucial.

alpha
07-02-2015, 12:08

I would be concentrating on making sure they are accurate beforehand

this^ Fancy a day off paddy I'll take care of that for you....

falkirkbear
07-02-2015, 12:14
I was £18 last month to withdraw my shares from a nominee account to my own name, I'd used LSE.co.uk, part of Jarvis Investments.

Certificate arrived in the post today, dated 28th of January so I'm expecting my EGM paperwork in the next few days.