PDA

View Full Version : "Rangers" Football tops

Divinewind
05-02-2015, 12:44
how long does sports direct have in relation to the rights etc associated with our strip/brand?

are there alternatives that the business could take to allow fans to buy club merchandise so that the funds go to the club as opposed to SD?

i.e. buy THIS t-shirt with a completely different symbol/message on it from THIS retailer. No crest on it but we all know it's a rangers new board endorsed top?

superallys_lovechild
05-02-2015, 12:50
The problem currently is that Rangers are having to purchase unsold stock at an inflated price. The first thing the King needs to do is scrutinise every single on of such deals.

Gaz

Grandmaster_Suck
05-02-2015, 14:54
The deal has another five years to go, :eek:

Divinewind
11-02-2015, 23:17
If the deal is so detrimental to Rangers why can't other revenue streams be expanded whilst the club says "don't buy kit for now"

Club magazines, badges for a tenner a pop... Donation boxes on match day at the turnstiles.... Anything that the club can say "thank you, we've raised x amount this week and not a penny went outside the club"

Just cut out the football strips etc for the duration of the deal. Bypass the fat ****er.

Tomato Plant
11-02-2015, 23:21
If the deal is so detrimental to Rangers why can't other revenue streams be expanded whilst the club says "don't buy kit for now"

Club magazines, badges for a tenner a pop... Donation boxes on match day at the turnstiles.... Anything that the club can say "thank you, we've raised x amount this week and not a penny went outside the club"

Just cut out the football strips etc for the duration of the deal. Bypass the fat ****er.

Because the club has to buy unsold jerseys.

Makeearthquakes
11-02-2015, 23:24
Because the club has to buy unsold jerseys.

How this deal was passed I'll never know. I've honesty never heard anything so insane in my life. Having to purchase unsold stock at any price is absurd, never mind almost retail.

Cyberniv
11-02-2015, 23:25
Buy a strip - if we have to anyway, open out a seam and take it back for a replacement, as not of merchantable quality.

Properly organised we could create huge mischief with this.

Divinewind
11-02-2015, 23:26
What an absolute **** of a deal.

talktalk
11-02-2015, 23:27
Does the club have any say about numbers to be ordered or has Ashley got that covered as well.?

I hope DK and co can undo this through the courts and get Ashley to pay the costs.

Divinewind
11-02-2015, 23:28
Buy a strip - if we have to anyway, open out a seam and take it back for a replacement, as not of merchantable quality.

Properly organised we could create huge mischief with this.

The devil is in the detail. This is worth investigating.

Cyberniv
11-02-2015, 23:33
The devil is in the detail. This is worth investigating.

Ashley can't override the Sale of Goods Act, much as he probably thinks he can.

I have a dream of SD having to supply 2 or 3 items for every one paid for.>:)

Divinewind
11-02-2015, 23:50
I'd like to make a complaint about this football top I purchased from this boutique not more than half an hour ago.

The ibrox blue?

Yes

What's wrong with it?

As you can see the stitching here here and here falls way below the standards I expect from such a salubrious establishment.

Ye whit? Nae refunds

That's fine.... I'd like another one. :)

And repeat adum infinitum