PDA

View Full Version : Don't know why but I think we can do it

two2tango
30-01-2015, 22:24
Strange feeling we will beat them

All logic says a severe pumping

But over confidence sutton for example written off Delia celebrate with own fans

The pitch will be a mess after tomorrow's game

The weather is to be atrocious freezing cold gales snow blizzards

A real leveller

I hope our under achievers can rise to the occasion scrap for everything

Then we might just do it

Torque87
30-01-2015, 22:25
Would be tremendousl

NorseGod
30-01-2015, 22:30
Never write Rangers off.

It's only sellik.

When did they become fu(kin' good?

They are no world beaters.

Get into them Rangers.

WATP1979
30-01-2015, 22:30
I agree OP, the circumstances are in our favour IMO

Weather in particular, our troops are used to scrappy games which I truly believe this will be. Hope it's a howlin gale and pishin rain/snow

SenoraCuellar
30-01-2015, 22:32
My dad thinks the same. Says they will be too sure of themselves.

potnryan_2
30-01-2015, 22:35
I am the total opposite, I have a feeling they will be up for it more than us and will do us by 5 or 6

muthacupboard
30-01-2015, 22:35
We saw in the fa cup last week how dangerous an otherwise average team can be when they have nothing to lose against superior opposition.

r_youth
30-01-2015, 22:38
Likewise.

Yes we are mince but anything can happen. Always believe we will win

albertz11
30-01-2015, 22:38
I am the total opposite, I have a feeling they will be up for it more than us and will do us by 5 or 6

the only way we will escape is if we can keep it tight ie 0-0 for an hr otherwise i fear us folding and 9 men been roasted with no outball and constant pressure :(

Job No.86/20
30-01-2015, 22:39
****in hell,

I don't know why either,

wasted years of my life that!!!!!

BroomloanWATP
30-01-2015, 22:40
I just can't see it, but for whatever reason I've spent most of the day at work daydreaming about almost every player in our squad sending a screamer into the top corner :D.

Andy Forum
30-01-2015, 22:40

And I agree.

We have done nothing all season to suggest we can win this one.

I'd bite your hand off right now for a 3-0 defeat because if we lose an early goal it could get really ugly.

GimmeShelter
30-01-2015, 22:43
And I agree.

We have done nothing all season to suggest we can win this one.

I'd bite your hand off right now for a 3-0 defeat because if we lose an early goal it could get really ugly.

Yip, I've had a 30 yard screamer from Law, a mazy run by Temps, Miller hitting them on the break and a bullet header from a corner in the 90th minute by Daly :)

Rt. Hon. Bearman
30-01-2015, 22:43
They were very unimpressive against Ross County, who also managed a draw at the Piggery this season. We shouldn't fear them. They really aren't that good. It's not like they have players of the calibre they had 10 or 15 years ago anymore.

We need to get in their faces, close them down, don't allow them ANY time on the ball. Simply do not allow them to pass the ball without pressure being applied. Frustrate them.

That requires fitness, but frankly if you're a professional footballer then you should be devoting yourself to improving your fitness all the time.

If we sit off them and allow them to pass the ball around unchallenged, they will open us up and score.

It isn't difficult to see, yet you see teams applying no pressure at all when the other team are in possession and then wondering why they leak so many goals.

It amazes me that teams think they'll win games/avoid defeat by not bothering to try and get the ball back.

Take a look at this video. Now I'm hardly expecting us to have the technical ability and razzmatazz of these teams, but the principle of closing down the opposition remains the same.

http://youtu.be/NnNTkkXduYY

When you're the underdog in a match, the first thing to do is this. It frustrates the opposition and prevents them from scoring. Then doubts creep in and suddenly they don't seem so formidable anymore.

Above all, we need to have balls and have a f.ucking go.

StuMac1972
30-01-2015, 22:45
Im hoping it's a 'written in the stars ' game. :)

Steadfast
30-01-2015, 22:46
They struggle to create. Stifle them and get in their faces. Don't gve them an inch and try and sneak something from a set piece.

People think we're facing a Celtic like we've faced in the past but the truth is that they're a shadow of those teams.

The pressure is on them. We can do this.

Bristle
30-01-2015, 22:50
We all know that the current coaching staff will treat this like a game at the bigger.
I.E., 4-5-1.

Not content about it all, but a 3-0 defeat is on the cards.

Forza

Pastor
30-01-2015, 22:55
Sadly, our coaching staff has been rather cowardly in games that are qualified as "big." However, the scum are beatable. Mostly due to the fact that they are rubbish. Their squad simply cannot compete and while their manager seems to be fine, he's working with garbage. Think of it is a carpenter working with wood chewed up by ants and saws with dull blades.

If we win this game, it will be MASSIVE.

Aldo Novo
30-01-2015, 22:59
Butterflies already. Backs to the wall, soak it up and a 2-1 win with our only 2 chances of the game, both on the counter attack, Boydy or Miller with the winner from the spot.

If we get humped we get humped - as long as we take a few bodies.

Keep believing. WATP.

Sir Duncan Ferguson
All I want is effort from our lot. It's not much to ask.

I expect us to go down. But I demand we at least go down swinging...

Job No.86/20
I am hoping we get ****ed,

because it is only then that all you lot that only care about beating the taigs,

will start to get a ****in grip and realise that this is by far and away the smaller picture,

and that for the good of the club, beating those scumbags in one match and progressing to possibly a defeat,

does nothing for us,

because that would take the spotlight off the cancer that is slowly killing the club,

basically this is akin to being way back in the depths,

and after running out of your room,

going back to get your wallet,

on the titanic!!!

Are we gonna catch a lifeboat???

kowloonloyal
Remember who we are, WATP.

muthacupboard
30-01-2015, 23:06

because it is only then that all you lot that only care about beating the taigs,

will start to get a ****in grip and realise that this is by far and away the smaller picture,

and that for the good of the club, beating those scumbags in one match and progressing to possibly a defeat,

does nothing for us,

because that would take the spotlight off the cancer that is slowly killing the club,

on the titanic!!!

Away and get ****ed.

Andy Forum
30-01-2015, 23:06

You really need to have a word with yourself.

rino100
30-01-2015, 23:11
as someone further up the thread says, we need to pressure them, if we can go toe to toe and win some individual battles then we've got a chance.

however with our manager who doesn't want to be in the position he's in and is trying to negotiate his way out of it then I think we've little chance of doing anything.

Brother Moses
30-01-2015, 23:13
I've been thinking to myself all week.....

WHAT IF !!

loud and proud
30-01-2015, 23:19

does nothing for us,

on the titanic!!!

Whilst I agree what's happening in the board room is far more important than this game to say you " hope we get f.ucked " is taking it too far mate.

Job No.86/20
30-01-2015, 23:21
Whilst I agree what's happening in the board room is far more important than this game to say you " hope we get f.ucked " is taking it too far mate.

Agree, but it needs to be hit home!!!

lighthouse05
30-01-2015, 23:27
I've been thinking to myself all week.....

WHAT IF !!

In order to avoid disappointment, stop thinking this way. Sunday is not going to go well for us.

edinrab
30-01-2015, 23:29
I also think Rangers can win it... 1-0 (thinking Miller to score). I dont think we'll get f**ked as they are not a great team atm...

Captain Jock
30-01-2015, 23:32

does nothing for us,

on the titanic!!!

You've not really caught onto the drift of the thread have you?
There are tons of other threads on here that you can spout your stuff on.
You have everyone else's permission to do so and what's that I hear them saying?..................aye, what's all the double spacing about?
:D
Getting back to the point, of course we can do it.
It's a long shot but if we did manage it, it would be the biggest OF upset in the history of the fixture.
Bring it on!
:)

Rt. Hon. Bearman
30-01-2015, 23:32
In order to avoid disappointment, stop thinking this way. Sunday is not going to go well for us.

If we get beat, then it's better to have been hopeful before the match and miserable after it, than to have been miserable before and after.

If you write yourself off before the match begins then you really shouldn't be following a team. What is the point?

I'm convinced some people get a kick out of being miserable bastards. Like some bizarre form of schadenfreude against oneself. It seems to be a very Scottish trait.

Westwood
30-01-2015, 23:38
We won't win.

They'll be up for it, their scum fans are up for it.

We just need to fight the b@stards with everything we've got. That is what i expect and demand - I'll accept that.

jaws73
30-01-2015, 23:39
Wake up and smell the coffee. We don't have a prayer in this fixture.

ally66
30-01-2015, 23:42
Just sank a bottle of red. Still got no optimism. Think best we could do is around 1-3. Double that with Andy Murray to lose 1-3 and I've paid for a couple of bottles of decent malt whisky to drown my sorrows

Bristle
30-01-2015, 23:43
Wake up and smell the coffee. We don't have a prayer in this fixture.

Exactly. Our coaching (sic) staff don't have a clue on how to win this. We need to bite the bullet on this one.

Forza

Dede' Arneaux
The battle fever arrived unexpectedly this evening courtesy of some cobra lager lager lager shouting lager lager

5 on Jig first goal and 1-0 @ 230/1

You never know:barscarf:

Job No.86/20
You've not really caught onto the drift of the thread have you?
There are tons of other threads on here that you can spout your stuff on.
You have everyone else's permission to do so and what's that I hear them saying?..................aye, what's all the double spacing about?
Getting back to the point, of course we can do it.
It's a long shot but if we did manage it, it would be the biggest OF upset in the history of the fixture.
Bring it on!
:)

Double spacing????I am overwhelmed by your wisdom!!For that I shall not waste another,,,,!!!!!!

Captain Jock
If we get beat, then it's better to have been hopeful before the match and miserable after it, than to have been miserable before and after.

If you write yourself off before the match begins then you really shouldn't be following a team. What is the point?

I'm convinced some people get a kick out of being miserable bastards. Like some bizarre form of schadenfreude against oneself. It seems to be a very Scottish trait.

Three great points made there and then!
We really need to do on Sunday what Rangers supporters do best........support the team!

Davey_2302_RFC
30-01-2015, 23:48
I predict I'll have turned over to the Arsenal game before half time

Captain Jock
30-01-2015, 23:56
Double spacing????I am overwhelmed by your wisdom!!For that I shall not waste another,,,,!!!!!!

Whatever another!!!!!!means is beyond me, you've lost me there!
However, apart from your apparent lack of keyboard skills, any "bear" that hopes we'll "get fkd" doesn't bode well with me I'm afraid.
You either support your team or you don't.
To wish your team to get fkd, regardless of ANY circumstances is just totally unacceptable!

dig_out_yer_soul
30-01-2015, 23:58
All week I've been thinking we'll get pumped but as the weekend has approached I think we might actually nick it a wee cheeky 1-0. That mob really arn't that good there isnt a single player in their team that freightens me, now if this had been the Celtic of O'Neils or Strachans vintage it could be ugly but it isnt so lets get the battle fever on!

muthacupboard
30-01-2015, 23:59
Exactly. Our coaching (sic) staff don't have a clue on how to win this. We need to bite the bullet on this one.

Forza

Something tells me that Durrant and Durie probably do have a clue how to win against them.

Captain Jock
31-01-2015, 00:02
Something tells me that Durrant and Durie probably do have a clue how to win against them.

Here's hoping they let Kenny into their secret then!

muthacupboard
31-01-2015, 00:03
Agree, but it needs to be hit home!!!

Thank the good lord that we have enlightened bears such as you to show us plebs the light.

If we win on Sunday I will be standing there thinking 'what the Hell am I celebrating for? The boardroom battle is more important'.

Standards1972
31-01-2015, 00:09
I'm sorry lads but it wasn't that long ago we were comprehensively destroyed by Hibs.

This Rangers team is completely devoid of talent and even more devoid of a backbone.

They will let us down the same way they have let us down in any sort of meaningful game in the last few years.

To suggest otherwise is complete fantasy.

brooklynblue
31-01-2015, 00:19
I'm sorry lads but it wasn't that long ago we were comprehensively destroyed by Hibs.

This Rangers team is completely devoid of talent and even more devoid of a backbone.

They will let us down the same way they have let us down in any sort of meaningful game in the last few years.

To suggest otherwise is complete fantasy.

It's football and anything can happen in a one-off. We've beaten SPL sides this season so it doesn't quite constitute "complete fantasy". Realistically, we're massive underdogs but who knows.

Let's hope the players have a little more about them than some on here.

Job No.86/20
31-01-2015, 00:22
Thank the good lord that we have enlightened bears such as you to show us plebs the light.

If we win on Sunday I will be standing there thinking 'what the Hell am I celebrating for? The boardroom battle is more important'.

na,

you'll just be one of those who are glad we beat the taigs again,

another reason why in the best of our years we would not progress out of the depths of Scotland,

don't try to give it any ****in thought!!!

Job No.86/20
31-01-2015, 00:23
It's football and anything can happen in a one-off. We've beaten SPL sides this season so it doesn't quite constitute "complete fantasy". Realistically, we're massive underdogs but who knows.

in a one off can we beat ALLOA?????!!!!

is your name Lee???

brooklynblue
31-01-2015, 00:24
in a one off can we beat ALLOA?????!!!!

is your name Lee???

Yes, 1-0. And no.

Job No.86/20
31-01-2015, 00:26
Yes, 1-0. And no.

Woof,

not the game I watched at Ibrox!!!

JJ1234
31-01-2015, 00:27
The law of averages says we are a due a game where the whole team clicks . I have a funny feeling somethin good will happen . Heres hopin fingers crossed , Up the Gers !

Standards1972
31-01-2015, 00:27

Before every 'big' game there's a plethora of posters on here telling us we'll win.

We never do because the players aren't very good, we're amateurish in our approach and lack any sort resolve.

People just build themselves up for a big fall.

Anyway the games a distraction in my opinion. The EGM is all that matters at the monent.

We'll put that scum in their place before long.

brooklynblue
31-01-2015, 00:28
Woof,

not the game I watched at Ibrox!!!

It was only 3 weeks ago. Maybe you were hoping for a defeat that day as well...

bluevinny
31-01-2015, 00:29
We the support want it more,the team should want it more,Not got a lot ov money but call it blind faith putting £100 on my team,cmon what a lift this would give us and we need it

Job No.86/20
31-01-2015, 00:30
Whatever another!!!!!!means is beyond me, you've lost me there!
However, apart from your apparent lack of keyboard skills, any "bear" that hopes we'll "get fkd" doesn't bode well with me I'm afraid.
You either support your team or you don't.
To wish your team to get fkd, regardless of ANY circumstances is just totally unacceptable!

neither is a lack of intelligence,

got your money bag?

Job No.86/20
31-01-2015, 00:30
It was only 3 weeks ago. Maybe you were hoping for a defeat that day as well...

no it was not three weeks ago,

you think I turned up expecting that shite???

brooklynblue
31-01-2015, 00:31
Before every 'big' game there's a plethora of posters on here telling us we'll win.

We never do because the players aren't very good, we're amateurish in our approach and lack any sort resolve.

People just build themselves up for a big fall.

Anyway the games a distraction in my opinion. The EGM is all that matters at the monent.

We'll put that scum in their place before long.

We're still a football club and on-the-field happenings are still important. You get the sense some would rather we simply stopped playing. The EGM isn't occurring in a vacuum.

And so what if people build themselves up? That's the point. It's a sport. We've been beaten before and we'll get beat again.

Cowan_RFC
31-01-2015, 00:32
For some reason I have the image of stevie smith scoring with an absolute rocket. I dreamt it twice in the last week. Sadly the probability of this remaining a dream are more than certain.

But there's nothing wrong with dreaming.

No surrender, come on the teddy bears!!!!

brooklynblue
31-01-2015, 00:34
no it was not three weeks ago,

you think I turned up expecting that shite???

We beat Alloa on January 10th.

To respond to your first question, therefore, of whether we can beat Alloa in one-off... it's yes.

Job No.86/20
31-01-2015, 00:34
We beat Alloa on January 10th.

To respond to your first question, therefore, of whether we can beat Alloa in one-off... it's yes.

life in brooklyn must be good!!!

trueblue77
31-01-2015, 00:35
Desperately want my heart to win the battle with my head....come on Rangers...just do it...

youngbear4444
31-01-2015, 00:43
It is strange this is one of the worst Rangers teams , but they have the chance to go down in greatness.
Could this be the best result ever from a Rangers team .

muthacupboard
31-01-2015, 00:53
na,

you'll just be one of those who are glad we beat the taigs again,

another reason why in the best of our years we would not progress out of the depths of Scotland,

don't try to give it any ****in thought!!!

Uh-huh. I didn't realise my emotional state after oldfirm Games had a direct influence on the state of the club. You learn something new every day on here.

BarcelonaOsos1972
31-01-2015, 00:58
Don't get your hopes up....

bugaboo
31-01-2015, 00:59
I've got a couple of quid on us to win 1-0 @ 18/1. Keep believing ��

gscswift
31-01-2015, 00:59
Got the same feeling! Trying not to get my hopes up though.

MoodyBlue1872
31-01-2015, 01:06
Sorry, but we will get a beating.

Defensively we are a nightmare and we have one dodgy keeper.

We will sit deep as usual due to McCulloch's lack of pace and our midfield will be overrun.

TeddybearTam
31-01-2015, 01:11
A pumping, nothing else.

This bunch of imposters couldn't spell 'No Surrender' never mind trying it on the park.

Hearts and hibs have proved how shite we are this season and no amount of Bears will convince me that that our so called team of shitebags, no matter what will step it up.

That's before Mr surrender in the dugout!

crookie_bear
31-01-2015, 01:13
My old man told me the papes were wasting their time turning up, according to everyone, prior to humping us 7-1 in the LCF. So you never know......PS sorry for bring that up:roll:

MoodyBlue1872
31-01-2015, 01:16
There is no fight, no bottle, no character, no spirit, no passion and no talent in our team.

That's the reality bears.

Just want this non event over as soon as possible.

dh1963
31-01-2015, 01:18
I've never been more pessimistic about a game against them as this one.

I know it's a one-off game and anyone can get a result in a cup tie, but we have a rotten keeper, a shambles of a defence, a midfield who get outplayed regularly in lower league football, and forwards who hardly score. Throw in a manager who wants out, a club being run into the ground by crooks, and a team who continually flop when they need a result, and I will be at Hampden expecting a horrible day.

williewoodburn
31-01-2015, 01:22
They are at their most dangerous first 10 mins when they tend to through everything at the opposition. Then the same 5 mins before half time.

Withstand that and we are in with a shout.

greigo
31-01-2015, 01:23
The way hibs ripped us apart is a worry for me we looked scared that day. That can't happen on Sunday. We need to stand up to them no hiding

chic
31-01-2015, 01:30
FWIW I think we'll get pumped on Sunday but you just never know as the tarriers, as usual are getting above themselves.

Sunday for me means nothing compared to the battle we've got to save our famous club.

wiggy_loyal
31-01-2015, 02:24

The biggest problem we have is the players and management team believing we can win. If the can get that mindset on the park, we can beat these ****ers.

ziyer06
31-01-2015, 02:40
Aye **** it, I'm in!!

Let's do this shower of shite!

making_a_stand
31-01-2015, 02:44

Are they playing on Sunday?

Even after you backed the wrong horse for so long with McCoist you still don't seem able to wrap your head around the fact that great players do not automatically become great managers or coaches.

I wish I lived in this perpetual state of positivity that you do.

.:nsk:.madbadger
31-01-2015, 02:44

does nothing for us,

on the titanic!!!

We are well aware of the cancer eating away at our club and many of us are trying to do something about it. In the meantime can we have 90 minutes to focus on a football match :roll:

two2tango
31-01-2015, 02:47
The biggest problem we have is the players and management team believing we can win. If the can get that mindset on the park, we can beat these ****ers.

The fans can inspire the team get in early

Get behind them during warm up

Maybe a few choruses of no surrender and there's only one Winston Churchill might inspire them

kevram
31-01-2015, 02:53
Every single man pulling on that blue jersey should do so with pride and fight for the cause. If all 11 can do that then we are capable of providing the result we yearn for. Although these guys have greatly underachieved this season this one result could cement them in Rangers history.
In my 48 years I have never yearned for a result more than this one.

Enigma
31-01-2015, 03:32
Strange feeling we will beat them

All logic says a severe pumping

But over confidence sutton for example written off Delia celebrate with own fans

The pitch will be a mess after tomorrow's game

The weather is to be atrocious freezing cold gales snow blizzards

A real leveller

I hope our under achievers can rise to the occasion scrap for everything

Then we might just do itThe weather is sunny for today and Sunday :confused:

francais1776
31-01-2015, 03:47
2 weeks before u shite it but the closer it gets the more confident we get. Its natural.We can only hope our lads have the gsme of their lives. Watp

Presbyterian
31-01-2015, 04:08
Five across the middle and fight like f^ck for everything.

Stand, Rangers.

Stand.

bigbluebear74
31-01-2015, 05:24
My gut says we will win, but my head says a defeat is more likely, still live in hope as has already been stated that shower of sh1t are not exactly world beaters

wacaktb
31-01-2015, 05:48
I wish I could say I think we'll beat them but this rangers team is horrific, there's nothing, absolutely nothing to even give me the slightest hope, I cannot see us create anything as we lack any spark or imagination and there's no way in hell I can even imagine we'll keep a clean sheet with that excuse for a goalkeeper we have between the sticks and Mculloch in front of him with Ricky foster pretending he's a footballer as well.

Grant
31-01-2015, 05:52
We've conceded 5 and 6 goals in games v them with a team that was equal to if not better than theirs.
We're huge underdogs, but equal to a killie, Motherwell and Inverness on a good day.
If we have a good day, we'll keep it respectable. If we have a bad day, like Easter Road, we'll get a sore one, but we've had sore ones before with better teams, so I refuse to worry about the score.

We CAN win, but we'll need to WANT to win. Belief will only come through starting the game properly and building confidence as it goes, because right now, confidence is in short supply.
The majority of our team were bought as a result of performances in games like this, let them show they are up to it.

nzb
31-01-2015, 06:02
Its going to be ****ing horrendous to watch imo. We'll be sitting on our own penalty spot whilst they mount constant attacks. A win on pens is the best we can hope for imo.

How I'd love to be proven wrong :(

Tuborg Bloo
31-01-2015, 11:32
intae them Rangers
make everyday a misery for them

rossgers
31-01-2015, 11:36
Cant remember the last committed performance from a Rangers side. This thread is just getting the hopes up, we have sunk too deep.

chas
31-01-2015, 11:44
I'm with you OP, we can definitely do this. We have decent players in Wallace, Law, Boyd, Miller, Daly and even Black and Jig. They just need to give everything and I think the mhanks will fold.

Downblu
31-01-2015, 11:50
We played 3 teams from top flight this year and beat them all. No goals conceded so there is no reason to fear them.
Look at Chelsea and man city last week who were beat by teams who are much further behind them than we are the Dhims

willscott
31-01-2015, 11:55
WE can win but WE need to want to win, this team owes us the fans a performance, but we need the whole team to be up for it.

I firmly believes if that happens then we CAN beat them.

budman
31-01-2015, 12:06
After the first semi final im hoping the pitch is going to cut up badly tomorrow, a mud bath would be great, if so yes playing a high ball we may do it 2-1

http://i59.tinypic.com/2uhpjjd.jpg

BakuBear
31-01-2015, 12:12
Its going to be ****ing horrendous to watch imo. We'll be sitting on our own penalty spot whilst they mount constant attacks. A win on pens is the best we can hope for imo.

How I'd love to be proven wrong :(

With Walter in charge we experianced this in many an OF clash however belief did exist in the stands and most important with the players. Having watched a few bhegger games this year they are not impressive at all however having watched our own team lack belief this season I fear the worst - that said will be in the home of the Baku Bears singing my heart our.

Irvine96
31-01-2015, 12:16
Everybody seems to think celtic just have to turn up and win,Dont think it will be as one sided as people think and if the conditions arent as good that might suit us.
Hope all rangers fans can forget all our of field problems just now for 90 minutes and concentrate on giving the team 100% to beat these scumbags
Cmon the SOW

Lochgilphead_Bear
31-01-2015, 12:31

does nothing for us,

on the titanic!!!

What a ridiculous statement! Wanting them to beat us!

Rangers fan????

mac8156
31-01-2015, 12:32
while one may encounter many defeats. one must not be defeated !!

SFLFB
31-01-2015, 14:07
Taken from the RST facebook page word from the great Bill Struth
"I am never happier when the outside world has us beaten before a ball is kicked-for then I know the true greatness of our club will be revealed"

Job No.86/20
31-01-2015, 14:09
We are well aware of the cancer eating away at our club and many of us are trying to do something about it. In the meantime can we have 90 minutes to focus on a football match :roll:

apologies pal,

that was too much booze last night,

all kicked in when I started typing